Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, breezy424 said:

That dinner was too much.  I was wtf.  I loved that most of the other women just kinda sat back and took the attitude of I'm just watching and eating my food.

Gizelle has really bad legs.  Sorry.

Robyn was on time?  I'm guessing production told her to be there an hour earlier. 

Karen and the black Bill Gates are taking dance lessons....Yawn.  I left the room for Robyn's breakfast.  I can't with Juan. 

I agree.  Giselle does not have a great figure.  Her legs are not shapely.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

Absolutely.

Monique even warned Candiace she was acting just like Ashley and Candiace freaked out about that. Then she told her she was acting like her mom and she freaked about that too. So, Candiace, if you don't want to be accused of acting like two people you dislike, STOP ACTING LIKE THEM.

Gizelle just can't stand Monique and will take anything and run with it. Her trying to say that Monique wasn't beautiful (on that walk) was just flat out stupid. This is why I can never really get on board with Gizelle. 

Monique is gorgeous, funny, happily married and rich.  That’s why Gizelle hates her.  Personally, she’s the most genuine HW on the show and as a lifetime Redskins fan, I adore her husband.  If I were on this show, I’d want to be friends with her.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

she would finally have a house when Chris’s cookbook took off was telling she sees him as a way out from under her mother’s thumb but doesn’t really seem that into him. 

Other than Monique and Chris, none of these couples seem that into each other. Black Bill Gates doesn't seem all that interested in Karen, Ashley and Michael seem to have a business relationship, Robyn's into Juan but Juan seems to think of Robyn as a buddy he'd toss a basketball  around with, and, newlyweds Chris and Candyass don't even seem to communicate with each other.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Am I evil to think of this when Candiace said her mom hit her with a purse?

61180250_362707714603660_6119392971652286388_n.jpg

My guess is she either used the Slapjack or the Pucker Popper.

• LOL 6
On 6/30/2019 at 8:27 PM, Empress1 said:

Ashley's place isn't any more hers than Candiace's is. She lives in Michael's house. Michael was quick to let her know that it was HIS place when he told her to get out. It was his bachelor pad when he met her and she moved in. They're in the same situation in terms of living in places that are subsidized by other people. Really, they all need to mind their own business but then there would be no show.

Michael may have owned the house prior to their marriage, but Ashley IS married to Michael now.  Being his partner and living in a home that he owns is different than being a grown adult and living in a home that your parent is subsidizing.  It's not like she has a family trust or comes from some sort of big money family.  It seems like her mom does pretty well and Candiace feels that even though she's somewhere in her 20s and married, she's still entitled to her mother's money.  She shouldn't have to suffer and struggle with whatever she and her husband can afford on their own, there shouldn't be any sort of comedown in the princess's standards.  Nope, mommy should simply keep forking over the money to keep her in the style to which she's become accustomed.  

To me, that's something vastly different than living however you live with the person you married, if one/both of you are working to provide it.  Pay your own way (either or both partners), and you can do and live how you want.  But if you need a third party to help pay the bills, then it's not the same to me. 

On 6/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, Bronzedog said:

I never thought I'd say this a season or two ago, but, I really like white Chris.

Seeing how he responded tonight, just stepping in and removing Candiace from the situation without saying a word to anyone else make me really wonder what she is like behind closed doors.  I know they had that argument last year about him "holding her purse" and it seemed weird at the time, I don't often leave my purse with my husband, but if I asked him to hold it for a minute or two if I ran to the bathroom, he would have no problem with it.  She went low really quick in that fight, and if I remember correctly I think he was just asking her to wait a second because he was also trying to call an über and didn't have a free hand.  

On 6/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, Stats Queen said:

if it was my purse it would really, really hurt because it is heavy because, well, I’m me. If it was my sister’s purse it wouldn’t hurt as much.

If it was my purse, she would have required medical attention.  I carry pretty much everything and the kitchen sink.  I learned it from my mother, who, thankfully did NOT hit us with her purse.  She would have been like Tyson with that thing if she did.  

13 hours ago, Higgins said:

If one of my friends or one of their husbands commented on wanting a sexual encounter with my partner, they brought me into it.

I don't remember them specifying that it was one of the husbands until Robyn said that last night.  It didn't make that much sense when she said it, either, because Juan wasn't at that party, white Chris was, but he clearly wasn't the person it was said about.  If it had been the black Bill Gates, I'm pretty sure Karen wouldn't have had the salt room moment with Ashley, and I don't think Monique's Chris was there.  So I don't know which husband it could have been.  Plus wasn't the whole incident with him this past year supposed to be him allegedly assaulting someone from the production crew? But then he was cleared?

• Love 9

At the risk of sounding really superficial, Gizelle needs to rethink her shorts attire. She looked really stalky in those tight shorts and so I googled her height and it says she's 6'. I never thought her to be that tall but when I saw her this episode, I certainly didn't think she was as short as she appeared either. Because she has thicker legs, the fit of the shorts really pulled attention in all of the wrong ways. A looser fit, even at a short length would have looked much better, in my opinion.

Monique looked absolutely stunning at her photoshoot but I find her to be a beautiful woman who has a great sense of style and I love her personality. I feel she's the most genuine of the girls and is willing to call a spade a spade. It's unfortunate that Gizelle is so low key jealous of this woman and her life because I sense that Monique would be a fun friend to have in her corner. 

Candiace is an idiot. She has all of these understandable explanations in her THs about her hard on for Ashley yet she mentions none of them when in confrontation (and holy hell did she go from 0-100 real quick). Ashley shouldn't have brought up the situation yet again but Candiace could have saved herself from some of her foolishness if she off the jump said 'hey, I don't want to minimize what you personally went through with your miscarriage but that's entirely separate from me thinking you and Michael's marriage is a sham which is why I didn't really believe his sorrow at Monique's party, especially after hearing that he wanted to suck someone's d*** at your uncle's party...or maybe that's how your marriage rolls and I'm mistaken'. Felt bad for Chris though. I like him from what I've seen...he looks really committed to his food and I'm glad it was well received...at least they got as far as the appetizers before shit hit the fan. It's a shame that Candiace couldn't have managed her temper on a night that was meant to be for her husband to showcase his talents. Candiace has a lot to say about Ashley and her mother...there's a lot of irony in the fact that she doesn't realize how similar she is to both of them.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Am I evil to think of this when Candiace said her mom hit her with a purse?

61180250_362707714603660_6119392971652286388_n.jpg

OMG this is too funny!  You made me snart at work, dammit!

12 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Monique is gorgeous, funny, happily married and rich.  That’s why Gizelle hates her.

True dat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

She looked really stalky in those tight shorts and so I googled her height and it says she's 6'.

Wow, really? She doesn't look that tall to me. I should look at her next to one of the husbands (who are probably close to or over 6') next episode.

• Love 3

At the risk of sounding really superficial, Gizelle needs to rethink her shorts attire. She looked really stalky in those tight shorts and so I googled her height and it says she's 6'. I never thought her to be that tall but when I saw her this episode, I certainly didn't think she was as short as she appeared either. Because she has thicker legs, the fit of the shorts really pulled attention in all of the wrong ways. A looser fit, even at a short length would have looked much better, in my opinion.

Agreed!  And why is she wearing shorts and then a long sleeved sweater?  Looks stupid.  What fucking season is she in?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Wow, really? She doesn't look that tall to me. I should look at her next to one of the husbands (who are probably close to or over 6') next episode.

Yeah, I was surprised myself and I looked at different sites but I think they probably sourced each other and all have the same wrong information listed. I just googled a picture of Gizelle next to Sherman at a red carpet event where she's wearing heels and she appears shorter than him in the picture yet Sherman's basketball stats have him listed at 6'. I'd say she's about Robyn's height and Robyn says she's just under 5'8 so I would put Gizelle somewhere around there. In any case, 5'8 is tall and there's no reason why someone that tall should look that short just based on the fit of their clothes. Short people like myself are out here trying to elongate and this woman is doing the opposite...and not to her benefit, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

In any case, 5'8 is tall and there's no reason why someone that tall should look that short just based on the fit of their clothes.

I'm a little over 5'8" and it's hard for me to look short unless I'm surrounded by much taller folks. I briefly dated a guy who was 6'6" and I looked short next to him. I would believe that Gizelle and I are the same height and I don't recall her towering over Robyn either.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile, Candiace has an incredible figure.  

She does, as does Monique pre-pregnancy. And I think Karen does too. I think this is overall a really attractive group of women (at least on the outside, heh; some of them are pretty ugly people on the inside).

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Monique looked absolutely stunning at her photoshoot but I find her to be a beautiful woman who has a great sense of style and I love her personality. I feel she's the most genuine of the girls and is willing to call a spade a spade. It's unfortunate that Gizelle is so low key jealous of this woman and her life because I sense that Monique would be a fun friend to have in her corner. 

Candiace is an idiot. She has all of these understandable explanations in her THs about her hard on for Ashley yet she mentions none of them when in confrontation (and holy hell did she go from 0-100 real quick). Ashley shouldn't have brought up the situation yet again but Candiace could have saved herself from some of her foolishness if she off the jump said 'hey, I don't want to minimize what you personally went through with your miscarriage but that's entirely separate from me thinking you and Michael's marriage is a sham which is why I didn't really believe his sorrow at Monique's party, especially after hearing that he wanted to suck someone's d*** at your uncle's party...or maybe that's how your marriage rolls and I'm mistaken'. Felt bad for Chris though. I like him from what I've seen...he looks really committed to his food and I'm glad it was well received...at least they got as far as the appetizers before shit hit the fan. It's a shame that Candiace couldn't have managed her temper on a night that was meant to be for her husband to showcase his talents. Candiace has a lot to say about Ashley and her mother...there's a lot of irony in the fact that she doesn't realize how similar she is to both of them.

3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

OMG this is too funny!  You made me snart at work, dammit!

True dat.

Agreed!  And why is she wearing shorts and then a long sleeved sweater?  Looks stupid.  What fucking season is she in?

Yeah, I was surprised myself and I looked at different sites but I think they probably sourced each other and all have the same wrong information listed. I just googled a picture of Gizelle next to Sherman at a red carpet event where she's wearing heels and she appears shorter than him in the picture yet Sherman's basketball stats have him listed at 6'. I'd say she's about Robyn's height and Robyn says she's just under 5'8 so I would put Gizelle somewhere around there. In any case, 5'8 is tall and there's no reason why someone that tall should look that short just based on the fit of their clothes. Short people like myself are out here trying to elongate and this woman is doing the opposite...and not to her benefit, lol.

Meanwhile, Candiace has an incredible figure.  

25 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm a little over 5'8" and it's hard for me to look short unless I'm surrounded by much taller folks. I briefly dated a guy who was 6'6" and I looked short next to him. I would believe that Gizelle and I are the same height and I don't recall her towering over Robyn either.

She does, as does Monique pre-pregnancy. And I think Karen does too. I think this is overall a really attractive group of women (at least on the outside, heh; some of them are pretty ugly people on the inside).

Gizelle is quite statuesque and beautiful but that long sleeve short outfit was a giant “NO”on her. I can imagine her girls begging her to change that mess before she left the house. She does look amazing in an evening gown.

Candiass, Ashley, and Monique all have legs to die for. Karen also has pretty good legs for her age.

I think In Gizelle’s mind she should always be the queen bee because she from “our kind of people” and Monique is a little too “round the way girl” for her tastes. Gizelle is straight envying M’s life and was desperate for a baller of her own.

If Giz would just chill she could probably make a really good friend in Monique.

Candiass is trying to prove her worth by being a shit stirrer in the show. The problem is that she’s really bad at it. If she loses her place on the show, she’s probably going to put a hit out on her horrible mama so she can get her inheritance ASAP.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

Absolutely.

Monique even warned Candiace she was acting just like Ashley and Candiace freaked out about that. Then she told her she was acting like her mom and she freaked about that too. So, Candiace, if you don't want to be accused of acting like two people you dislike, STOP ACTING LIKE THEM.

Gizelle just can't stand Monique and will take anything and run with it. Her trying to say that Monique wasn't beautiful (on that walk) was just flat out stupid. This is why I can never really get on board with Gizelle. 

Yes, but she's clearly and has always been jealous of Monique from the very beginning.  She and that other green -eyed monster Robyn. Giselle wants Monique's lifestyle, and a man like Chris.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Has anyone ever seen Wendy Williams legs in a short dress.. it's the worst.. Giselle looks the same in those shorts. Very unattractive legs.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, smores said:

Michael may have owned the house prior to their marriage, but Ashley IS married to Michael now.  Being his partner and living in a home that he owns is different than being a grown adult and living in a home that your parent is subsidizing.  It's not like she has a family trust or comes from some sort of big money family.  It seems like her mom does pretty well and Candiace feels that even though she's somewhere in her 20s and married, she's still entitled to her mother's money.  She shouldn't have to suffer and struggle with whatever she and her husband can afford on their own, there shouldn't be any sort of comedown in the princess's standards.  Nope, mommy should simply keep forking over the money to keep her in the style to which she's become accustomed.  

To me, that's something vastly different than living however you live with the person you married, if one/both of you are working to provide it.  Pay your own way (either or both partners), and you can do and live how you want.  But if you need a third party to help pay the bills, then it's not the same to me. 

Seeing how he responded tonight, just stepping in and removing Candiace from the situation without saying a word to anyone else make me really wonder what she is like behind closed doors.  I know they had that argument last year about him "holding her purse" and it seemed weird at the time, I don't often leave my purse with my husband, but if I asked him to hold it for a minute or two if I ran to the bathroom, he would have no problem with it.  She went low really quick in that fight, and if I remember correctly I think he was just asking her to wait a second because he was also trying to call an über and didn't have a free hand.  

If it was my purse, she would have required medical attention.  I carry pretty much everything and the kitchen sink.  I learned it from my mother, who, thankfully did NOT hit us with her purse.  She would have been like Tyson with that thing if she did.  

I don't remember them specifying that it was one of the husbands until Robyn said that last night.  It didn't make that much sense when she said it, either, because Juan wasn't at that party, white Chris was, but he clearly wasn't the person it was said about.  If it had been the black Bill Gates, I'm pretty sure Karen wouldn't have had the salt room moment with Ashley, and I don't think Monique's Chris was there.  So I don't know which husband it could have been.  Plus wasn't the whole incident with him this past year supposed to be him allegedly assaulting someone from the production crew? But then he was cleared?

Honestly, I almost feel sorry for white Chris.. I think his cookbook will be a success if he could just keep Candice ass quiet. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Monique is gorgeous, funny, happily married and rich.  That’s why Gizelle hates her.  Personally, she’s the most genuine HW on the show and as a lifetime Redskins fan, I adore her husband.  If I were on this show, I’d want to be friends with her.

Who knows,  if Giselle had played her cards right befriending Monique , Chris may have even introduced her to another baller by now.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Me, too. She's my favorite cast member right now. Gizelle is used to being the most beautiful woman in the room and being fawned over and she's jealous because when Monique's around, she's not.

• Love 9

I'm not sure why Candiace, whom I admit is loathsome, is shouldering all the blame for not moving out when 40-something-year-old Brown Dick Chris made it clear he’s comfortable with Mama Dorothy paying half his rent. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 1:36 PM, sasha206 said:

I couldn't believe my ears.  This woman is DUMB.  First of all, how do you not tell your kids -- I don't care how young they are -- that you and their dad were divorced?  Was Juan basically never there to begin with that his absence wasn't missed?  I know he played overseas, but still.  And how long was she going to keep the divorce from the boys before she told them?  For her to actually say she would've liked to get out in front of the tabloids is so fucking ridiculous.  

I’ve thought about this and I think their kids will be fine.

I’m pretty sure that they realize their parents are idiots.

And “sham facade”, soooo, wouldn’t that just make it real.....

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bombast said:

I'm not sure why Candiace, whom I admit is loathsome, is shouldering all the blame for not moving out when 40-something-year-old Brown Dick Chris made it clear he’s comfortable with Mama Dorothy paying half his rent. 

Because he isn’t making a big deal about it being her mother’s house.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because he isn’t making a big deal about it being her mother’s house.

He's enabling it.  Damn right, he's not making a big deal – more for him tuck away.

Big boys pay their own way.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bombast said:

He's enabling it.  Damn right, he's not making a big deal – more for him tuck away.

Big boys pay their own way.

Well at least according to Candace he is paying a 1/3 of the mortgage with her and her mother paying the other 2/3. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well at least according to Candace he is paying a 1/3 of the mortgage with her and her mother paying the other 2/3. 

Shouldn't that be the opposite, though. 2 people should pay 2/3rds.  I guess not in priviliged CandyAss world

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Shouldn't that be the opposite, though. 2 people should pay 2/3rds.  I guess not in priviliged CandyAss world

2 people are paying 2/3 according to Candice he pays 1/3, she pays a 1/3 and her mom pays 1/3.

• Love 4

23 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

“I have 4 homes”, said Monique 2 years ago upon their 1st meeting.

She got Gizelle’s ass together, quick and complete. That instantly cemented her hate for Monique. And because Gizelle is emotionally invested in disliking the woman who has all she thinks she’s entitled to, there is nothing that Monique can ever do that will quell Gizelle’s bitterness and resentment.

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, bombast said:

“I have 4 homes”, said Monique 2 years ago upon their 1st meeting.

She got Gizelle’s ass together, quick and complete. That instantly cemented her hate for Monique. And because Gizelle is emotionally invested in disliking the woman who has all she thinks she’s entitled to, there is nothing that Monique can ever do that will quell Gizelle’s bitterness and resentment.

It’s a shame for Gizelle.  Monique seems like a very nice housewife.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bombast said:

I agree that he should shoulder blame for not moving out, but I think we aren't seeing all of their dynamic.  Things between Candiace and her mother are messed up and the obvious answer would have been for Candiace to say a loooong time ago, no problem, I'll move out of your house, pay my own bills and then I will live the way I want.  I have actually had to, on occasion, gently remind both my mother and mother in law that we're adults, we pay our own bills and it's fine for them to have opinions, but at the end of the day, unless you are paying our bills, you don't get the final say in what we do.  I'm tactful but there are boundaries.  So if someone wanted to try to jerk the strings, fine, I'd cut them.  Done.  

Now I suspect Chris has probably suggested this, multiple times.  Candiace, on the other hand, has spent a few seasons telling us all about how fabulous she is and how she deserves the best! So at the moment she and Chris might only be able to afford an apartment, wouldn't be able to spend a ton on clothes or whatever.  And again, I'm guessing Chris would be ok with this, but Candiace? Nope.  She'd rather not give up what she thinks she's entitled to, and so she plays the games.  But that means Chris is kind of stuck if he wants to stay with her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, Empress1 said:

Robyn only has herself to blame for the boys finding out about the divorce on the internet (!). There are books for very young kids that explain divorce. She could have told them at any time.

She wasn't about to crack that facade honey. 

Candy Ass is so defensive and crazy you just know Ashley hit a nerve. She claims she wants out of Mommy's house but she wouldn't be caught dead in whatever she and Chris can afford. 

ETA i like Monique now.... But in ealier seasons she was a little too name droppy and "this 72 bedroom, 45 million square foot zillion dollar house aint cutting it" annoying. I hate a braggard even of its a dry brag.

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
  • Love 14

13 minutes ago, smores said:

I agree that he should shoulder blame for not moving out, but I think we aren't seeing all of their dynamic.  Things between Candiace and her mother are messed up and the obvious answer would have been for Candiace to say a loooong time ago, no problem, I'll move out of your house, pay my own bills and then I will live the way I want.  I have actually had to, on occasion, gently remind both my mother and mother in law that we're adults, we pay our own bills and it's fine for them to have opinions, but at the end of the day, unless you are paying our bills, you don't get the final say in what we do.  I'm tactful but there are boundaries.  So if someone wanted to try to jerk the strings, fine, I'd cut them.  Done.  

Now I suspect Chris has probably suggested this, multiple times.  Candiace, on the other hand, has spent a few seasons telling us all about how fabulous she is and how she deserves the best! So at the moment she and Chris might only be able to afford an apartment, wouldn't be able to spend a ton on clothes or whatever.  And again, I'm guessing Chris would be ok with this, but Candiace? Nope.  She'd rather not give up what she thinks she's entitled to, and so she plays the games.  But that means Chris is kind of stuck if he wants to stay with her.

Responding to the bolded remarks: Based on what?

Cuz, from my vantage point – and I'll be frank here – perceived white knighthood while living off the back of an elderly black woman does not compute.

• Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

It’s a shame for Gizelle.  Monique seems like a very nice housewife.

It’s not a shame...it’s damn stupid. M could of introduced G to some the type of rich and eligible guys that Gizelle desires but G got too much pride.

19 minutes ago, bombast said:

Cuz, from my vantage point – and I'll be frank here – perceived white knighthood while living off the back of an elderly black woman does not compute.

Brown dick white Chris seems like a hella nice guy but let’s be real. He is a middle aged second rate chef at a second rate restaurant with multiple baby mamas. There are not a lot of attractive young women with well off mamas lining up to give him a soft nest. Sometimes I think if he was black that Candiass would not of looked  his way twice.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, bombast said:

I'm not suggesting that I know for sure, obviously.  My speculation is because he was obviously working and supporting himself before the show and Candiace.  He still has a dayjob that is a pretty demanding one.  He had to live somewhere before, and I imagine it wasn't the same level as that house.  He was also in favor of scaling things back for the wedding, while she was insistent that it had to be bigger. She just strikes me as the one who is more attached to the money than he is.  I think both of them should pack their shit and support themselves, it would end ALL of the drama with her mother. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bombast said:

Nope. You’re right. He seems as grimy and opportunistic as his child-like bride. I guess he can split up those child support payments if his rent/mortgage is covered by someone else.

Having said that, here’s to many more people slapping Candiace across the face with purses. Bonus points if there’s A grapefruit in the purse.

And here’s to those cookbooks selling as well as:

Caroline Manzo’s sauces

Ramona Singer’s pinot and skincare lines

Cathy Wakile’s cannoli kits

She by Sheree

Gretchen Christine Boo-tay makeup and bags

And any other housewife product flops that I missed. Candiace will be lucky if she can afford a house in Cap Heights or Suitland.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

And any other housewife product flops that I missed. Candiace will be lucky if she can afford a house in Cap Heights or Suitland.

Theresa G’s book of Ingrediences...

• LOL 3
22 hours ago, sasha206 said:

DC. She is in the season of DC. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, smores said:

It takes two, and Candiace’s mother is a licensed professional therapist so I really side-eye the mother in all this. Seems like some sort of codependency going on between mother and daughter with the mother fostering it maybe from Candiace’s early childhood. 

I don’t even understand the situation with that condo anyway. Apparently both C and her mother purchased it so both names are on the mortgage, right? And wasn’t there something about the mama has her own home somewhere and is only supposed to be at the shared condo once in a while, as in, Chris and Candiace should have it mostly to themselves?

I’d say it has gone up in value quite a lot, especially since Amazon announced they are putting their second HQ in Crystal City, which is just across the river, and property prices have shot up. It’s been a good investment and if C and her mother could calm this shit down, in a couple of years they can sell it for a very good profit and go their own ways.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Nope. You’re right. He seems as grimy and opportunistic as his child-like bride. I guess he can split up those child support payments if his rent/mortgage is covered by someone else.

Having said that, here’s to many more people slapping Candiace across the face with purses. Bonus points if there’s A grapefruit in the purse.

I’ll add that any black man that finds his way on a lifestyle/luxury reality series with an similarly underwhelming resume – a) no education, b) sketchy as hell family history, c) broke – would be skewered by producers/editors and clowned in the blogsphere, and given a “N****s Aint Shit” treatment.

But BDChris makes a duck quesadilla that make you slap your mama. Swoon!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/30/2019 at 8:03 PM, Bronzedog said:

I never thought I'd say this a season or two ago, but, I really like white Chris.

Me too.  I'm really enjoying brown-penis Chris.  He's seems fairly down-to-earth, with common sense.  He's probably used to Candiace and all her bullshit, but I don't seem him putting up with her for long, especially if she starts acting more and more like her mother.  

On 7/1/2019 at 4:46 AM, pasdetrois said:

I hate the dick-sucking drama because there's a whiff of homophobia whenever this kind of thing pops up. I've said all along that Ashley and Michael have an arrangement. The other women are trying to reveal that without stating it explicitly.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Me too—-that entire discussion and this storyline made me really upset and uncomfortable.

It reminds me of how I finally had to quit watching RHofAtlanta because I was so damned sick of those homophobic women treating being called or considered gay an insult, yet they could always trot out their own little pet ‘mo friends like show ponies when it suited them. I hope Andy finally told them all to cool it with the gay-bashing.

Similarly, WHO CARES if Michael was drunkenly joking about sucking dicks? Why is this remotely considered soooo scandalous by these broads?? Even if he admitted to enjoying dick, why would it matter??? Honestly, it makes them look worse to me than Michael, because it proves how small-minded, prudish and borderline homophobic they really are.

Maybe Michael is bisexual; maybe he’s not. Maybe he just appreciates a good-looking man; maybe he doesn’t. Maybe he was just being a goofy drunk purposely pushing the envelope to be wild with his comments; my brother-in-law is from Australia and makes similarly raunchy comments after a few drinks. I honestly think Aussie humor is kinda different like that. 

Either way, why’s it even matter what gets The Darby’s off in the bedroom? So what if Mikey likes random sausage with his tacos?? It’s their business, and unless they’re bringing in kids or animals, I really don’t think anyone needs to discuss their sexlife further or clutch any pearls over a damned thing.

Even my own husband jokes about good-looking men and sucking dicks; doesn’t make him gay, just makes him progressive enough to realize that just because you’re open enough to say things like that it doesn’t make you GAY!!!(and even if it did, why would it matter?!)

It's super homophobic.  Him talking about someone else's dick, doesn't mean he's not attracted to Ashley or interested in having a child.  Although I think he's sad about the miscarriage, I don't believe he wants to have a kid, and it's not because he's gay or bi; it's because he's already said he's done raising kids and now he wants to enjoy his life, money, and hot wife.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Oh the scandal of Michael's dick sucking comments, not saying there isn't an element of homophobia, but if Michael made comments about wanting to go down on a woman that was at the party, I would think that would be scandalous as well.  No matter what his sexuality is, he IS in a marriage.  Had he made similar comments about a woman, it would be disrespectful to his wife.  Just because there's a question of what his sexuality is, doesn't mean that everyone should be like "who cares" about the comment.  Particularly when we already know he groped a Bravo cameraman.  I don't think he should get a pass on crass behavior just because he may be gay or bisexual. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, bombast said:

I’ll add that any black man that finds his way on a lifestyle/luxury reality series with an similarly underwhelming resume – a) no education, b) sketchy as hell family history, c) broke – would be skewered by producers/editors and clowned in the blogsphere, and given a “N****s Aint Shit” treatment.

But BDChris makes a duck quesadilla that make you slap your mama. Swoon!

Look at how people (Giselle) come for BBG. At least he had some actual success in his lifetime.

Jon B and his duck quesadilla are getting off easy. If he wanted to be financially independent from Candiace’s mom, he’d be paying his own way. He’s getting undeserved cookout invites for doing less than the least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, bombast said:

Because it's her mother and it's very likely that she is the reason that her mother's finances are intertwined with theirs to begin with. I don't see any evidence of Candiace living in that home or taking money from her mother in order to provide for Chris' wants.  Candiace is taking her mother's money because it appeases the lavish lifestyle that Candiace wants to live.

There's nothing wrong with the three of them sharing a mortgage and home. Many people have multi-family homes to lessen the burden of housing costs. I'm not judging either Candiace and Chris if living with her mother works best for them but it's clear that the situation doesn't work for Candiace because while she wants her mother's money, she doesn't want her presence and that's not on Chris, that's on Candiace.

• Love 17

Oh the scandal of Michael's dick sucking comments, not saying there isn't an element of homophobia, but if Michael made comments about wanting to go down on a woman that was at the party, I would think that would be scandalous as well.  No matter what his sexuality is, he IS in a marriage.  Had he made similar comments about a woman, it would be disrespectful to his wife.  Just because there's a question of what his sexuality is, doesn't mean that everyone should be like "who cares" about the comment.  Particularly when we already know he groped a Bravo cameraman.  I don't think he should get a pass on crass behavior just because he may be gay or bisexual. 

I don't disagree.  However, in this situation, Candiace and the other ladies don't have an issue with the comment being crass.  Candiace, in particular, is using it as fuel to support her belief that Ashley isn't really trying to get pregnant and because of this comment and other behavior towards men, Michael isn't interested in having sex with her.  And that's why, at least to me, it reads as homophobic. 

• Love 7

Gizelle needs to rethink her shorts attire. She looked really stalky in those tight shorts and so I googled her height and it says she's 6'. I never thought her to be that tall but when I saw her this episode, I certainly didn't think she was as short as she appeared either.

Gizelle is NOT 6' tall.  Not even close.  I met both Gizelle and Karen filming a scene (the one where the mime showed up to tell them about the trip to France last season; my niece and I have a "blink and you miss it" cameo in the background) and spoke to both of them.  I'm 5'8" and wasn't wearing particularly high heels.  She had on stilettos and she was barely my height.  But she does have bad legs.  I never noticed before, and she's worn shorts before, but that stood out to me on Sunday.  I didn't comment because I was trying to be "nice".  Now I feel free to be my normal, judgmental self since I'm not alone 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't disagree.  However, in this situation, Candiace and the other ladies don't have an issue with the comment being crass.  Candiace, in particular, is using it as fuel to support her belief that Ashley isn't really trying to get pregnant and because of this comment and other behavior towards men, Michael isn't interested in having sex with her.  And that's why, at least to me, it reads as homophobic. 

I'm someone who complained on Andy's twitter feed about how I hated that each RHO franchise seemed to have the gay friends they treated as accessories, so I'm really sensitive to homophobia.

However, in this case, I don't see how using what someone actually said to fuel  doubt on the validity of a relationship that seems suspect already (based on age differences) as homophobic.  To me, it would be homophobic if they speculated on whether he is gay based on stereotypes to cast doubt on their relationship.

As open as this society is today, there are still people that are in sham marriages because they are gay and don't want to come out.  Maybe Ashley and Michael have an arrangement. No matter what, they are both in a marriage.  If Michael was making sexual comments about women, they'd all be  gossiping about that and acting the same way. 

I'm sure there is an element of extra salaciousness b/c of his comments but I think that's human nature really.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2