Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

This and GOT are my main priorities on Sunday. 

I guess I'm tacky because I loved the wedding venue and decor. Loved! I've never seen gold chairs with a circular back like that. I. WANT. It looked sumptuous and like money. Did it look like $200k worth? I don't know but I can see where the money was spent more than Eva's (RHOATL) who wedding cost as much, if not more. 

I will admit that some of the love of the event space is because I pretty much hate when HW (especially true in ATL minus Cynthia, who had hers at a museum) have weddings in warehouses or open spaces and just hang a bunch of white drapes and plunk flowers everywhere. I like to see architecture and boy did Candi's have that! 

Chris ought to be beat with the brown he jumped for those wack ass "vows" Wasn't funny or cute. 

Both Candi's dresses were misses. The wedding dress was too much gown for her frame and the gold skater dress would have been better if it was floor length. 

The concept of the groom's party tuxes were nice but the high waters and no socks were a hard no. In August, they must all have had swamp foot. Plus Chris's jacket seemed a bit snug. 

I literally FF the singing. No ma'am.

Mental health professional Dorothy couldn't advise me on how to scrub my toilet. How you gonna be so bitter and hateful over a 40 year betrayal when the relationship ended over 20 years ago and you've since remarried and had another child? The grudge is lasting more than the relationship ever did x 2.

Karen is one of my fave HW. I wish she had a real friend to tell her that those white blond Targaryen wigs ain't it.  I like that she befriends and tries to steer/mentor the younger cast members. Let's face it, any woman they bring on is likely to be younger than Karen. I rather she makes nice than being standoffish and cliquish like Vicki vs all newcomers.

15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Candiace and her mother seem to call on Jesus a lot.  However, I believe Jesus has better things to do than worry about their relationship.  

They are a pair of God botherers. 

Did I really hear Kangaroo Mike say he was gonna grab BBG's ass? The hell is wrong with this man. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
On 5/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, MaggieG said:

Does anyone listen to the Watch What Crappens podcast? I love the voices they do for Karen and Gizelle!

Security....Security  LOL  Love those boys

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Candiass sucks! And so did her dress.

Is it just me or did her dress seems not to fit well. I know Candiance is very tiny, but it just seems as if the top of the dress was too big for her.

• Love 8
(edited)

Gizelle, what goes around comes around.  I am no fan of Karen's but you were all up in Karen's marriage and look at how Sherman is dogging your ass out.  The wedding was lovely beautiful décor. Did not like her dress so much . Sherman is flaky and I for one would not give him the time of day I know she can do better than him. I agree that he could have shared that he did not wish to attend the wedding before the actual day .  I love the way Monique's husband takes care of her , he's very protective of his wife. Gizelle's face was priceless when she thought she would control that conversation by saying we need a few minutes , he cut her right off. Loved it. Robyn & Juan ..have several seats please.  Ashley , I almost feel sorry for her. That man clearly does not want a child, he just wants arm candy , but regardless a baby is on the way . .

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I wasn’t at all surprised that people were late to the wedding.  I’d never been to a wedding that started on time, until I went to the wedding of two White friends years ago in Philadelphia.  I arrived 1/2 hour late (which was generally the starting time for the weddings of my Black friends and relatives, lol) and was shocked - I tell you shocked! -  that the couple was at the altar and the wedding had started on time!😂

One friend kept us waiting for almost TWO hours in Fairmount Park (again Philly), and it had rained the night before so all of our heels were getting sunk into the mud.  And nope, there was no emergency, traffic accident, etc.  CPT is real folks, even though it is rude as hell.  

And I must concur with all who said the dress was too much and the groomsmen were not enough.  Highwaters and sockless??!!!  Where they do that at?

I thought the Groomsmen also looked really good. Look at prom pictures etc.. the fit of the pants and no socks is what's in. I get that it's not for everyone.

Weddings get a 30 minute grace period from me and I'm gone. I get it. Stuff happens. But there is no way in the crate and barrel register hell I would wait outside for TWO HOURS for a wedding to start. 30 minutes I'm out and you can keep the gift. That's a fair compromise. I'm black and have never been to a wedding that did not start on time. Including my own.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

In love the high waters and sock less look. ...table for one?

I thought it looked really nice. The entire event was beautiful. 

• Love 3

Random thoughts:

• Dorothy needs to understand that Candiace gets to invite her family to the wedding. And whether mama likes him or not, Michael is her BROTHER and is just as much family as her half-sister. Can she say how many people are on the guest list, what venue they are going to use, and whether there will be a cocktail hour or simply a buffet because she paid for it? Absolutely. Does her money get her the right to determine who Candiace calls family? I don't think so. After all when mama is six feet under Candiace and Michael will both still be walking the earth. Let that girl have her brother, and go find some other reason to still be mad at her daddy two babies, one husband, and forty years later...
  • Gizelle deserves everything Sherman is giving her. He walked away from you in the most public of ways when his horndog tendencies got brought up again on national tv. He clearly wasn't so in love that he was willing to accept the embarrassment. He's not that into you boo and he proved it when he ghosted the first time. You have no one to blame for his being in a position to hurt you again but you
  • I keep wondering Ashley's baby is really Michael's. His suggestion that he should walk up to Ray and grab his ass as a way to rekindle the friendship is a little strange. I don't think most guy would think that was an appropriate substitute for an apology.
  • When you are having your wedding at the local church and at the community center, you can start an hour or two late. At all of these wedding factory venues (botanic gardens, museums, libraries, catering halls, etc,) you are on the clock and they will cut you off mid Cha-Cha-Slide if you run over. Robyn and Juan knew they didn't have a chance in hell of making it there from B-more if they were not at least showered and starting to get dressed two hours before the start time. 
  • Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I paid for my daughter’s wedding, and was just there for support.  She and her now husband made all of the decisions.  My paying was a gift, with no strings.  Why pay if the bride gets no say?  

I agree that this should be the spirit of giving a gift. But given that Dorothy clearly has strings attached to all of her gifts, it's time for Candiace to either abide by those strings or reject the gift. At this point, she wants to have it both ways - she wants to accept Mom's checks, but then she wants to stomp her feet about the unfair attached strings. You have a choice, Candaice - Mom has shown you exactly who she is - either accept it or pay your own way. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Candiace and her mother seem to call on Jesus a lot.  However, I believe Jesus has better things to do than worry about their relationship.   I am sure she paid a king’s ransom for her wedding dress, and yet it didn’t fit right. She had to keep adjusting the strap.  What was with the sockless groom and groomsmen? 

I think Gizelle is one of the most beautiful women in the Housewives franchise.  I am having a hard time understanding why she continues to allow Sherman to make a fool of her. She doesn’t seem to know her worth. 

20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Shut up Juan!  You’re not exactly someone to emulate when it comes to the key for successful relationships.  Robin should also take note that Juan believes Gizelle should put up with whatever shit Sherman wants to throw at her.  Sound familiar, Robin?

20 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Candiass sucks! And so did her dress.

20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace's dress was pretty in theory but it was ill fitting.  The reception dress was too precious and pageant-y.

Her mom lurking around to keep her eye on the brother was sad.  All those people at the reception and instead of greeting folks as the mother of the bride you are lurking around Candiace's brother?

Robyn wasn't trying to make the wedding.  If she was, she wouldn't have started up a load of laundry right when she needed to hop in the car and drive down 95/whatever road you take to get to downtown DC (295? 50?)

NOBODY should take relationship advice from Juan.  Shut up, Juan.

Monique knew doggone well what Sherman looked like.

I didn't know interracial couples jumped the broom.  Ok.

Yes and no because if Karen showed up without Ray, or Ashley showed up without Kickback Jack or if Monique showed up without Chris, Gizelle would've been right there snickering and dragging them.  So, oh well.

20 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The wedding venue & decor was gorgeous! Candiace's dress was ok, but for a petite woman it was too much dress for her. I wish they had just said traditional vows. 

Candiace's step-father is really handsome! Why is the mom so obsessed with ancient Black history when she's got that at home?!

The ladies were pretty dense & unfeeling about Giselle showing up without Sherman. 

19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What a boring episode.  The wedding was boring.  I was flipping between the episode and an old episode of SVU which I already saw.  That wedding gown was ugly.  Did Karen think she was going to an afternoon tea given her dress choice?

No Robyn.  You missed the wedding.  The only excuse you could possible give is that there was an accident on 95 or 495 on your way down from Hanover.  But you didn't.

Gizelle - just move on.

That's all I got.

19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I would be remiss to not mention the idiocy of Chris’ wedding vows being song titles (lyrics?).  What was that mess?

18 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I kept making mental notes of all the obnoxious things in tonight's episode, and now I've forgotten almost every one of them (that's how many there were!).  I do remember thinking that Candiace's mother paid a small fortune to give Candiace a chance to audition as a singer on TV one more time, except now a whole song and one where nobody could tell her to shut up, 'cause she was the bride.  (It was a really bad song, too.  I could've written her a better one.)  I wonder how disappointed she was to hear Chris's moronic vows.

Robyn and Juan really are meant for each other.  And not in a smart way.

What's supposed to look like protectiveness in Chris Samuels to me looks increasingly menacing and possessive.

Oh, yeah, were those shoulder pads the dress person stuck in Candiace's top?  They didn't really look like those silicone "chicken cutlets" you normally see.  Boobage was embarrassingly cock-eyed.  An easy fix, but no one bothered.

18 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That wedding was such a big bougie mess from start to finish. 200k for that tacky shit?! Clouds on the ceiling? Chris’s stupid looking high-water pants with no socks?? Candyass’s cringeworthy singing performance??? Her mom’s godawful extensions really aren’t helping to promote their fake hair biz although Candy’s own wedding weave didn’t look all that stellar either.

Poor Gizelle, just trying to get drunk, rekindle friendships and stay strong despite her loser man dumping her last minute...AGAIN. Almost as pathetic as Tinsley Mortimer on the NYC cast and her equally ghost-like on again/off again fella. I honestly felt bad for Giz; surely there are other good men out there for a successful beauty like her? Which reminds me, how’s her makeup line doing??

Robyn needs to just go. She and her baby daddy fuckboy from Baltimore are just so tacky and pathetic. Now that her hair got chopped off she’s ready to finally get canned quicker than Kerri Russell and her similarly awful hair chop that got “Felicity” cancelled. Swimcap hair is only sexy if you’re Halle Berry, ladies. 

Ashley getting drunk made me laugh. That’s usually me doing shots and being extra goofy at weddings. As gross as I find her and Creepy Aussie cryptkeeper, I’m glad she finally is having the baby she’s always wanted. And I hope to Hell she finally laid down the law to her disgusting leech of a freeloading mother.

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't ever want to have to hear him talk again. 

$200,000 for that wedding? The food better have been off the chain. 

9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Candice dress did not fit her. The right should strap kept falling. 

When the mom was lurking during the Giselle meeting the brother scene, the mom did a facial gesture and good god, it’s candiance in 29 years. 

When gizelle called robin to tell her Sherman wasn’t coming she only had on eye lashes. By the end of the call she was in full make up. 

Ashely really didn’t look drink or sound drunk when she and Michael were outside. He however did. Especially when he took off his jacket talking to Juan. He even had his tie off and it seemed pretty early in the night. 

7 hours ago, Slider said:

FFS Gizele, you know what it felt like in last week's episode to try and apologize to Karen, so why the hell can't you allow Monique a moment to apologize to you!  I'm no Monique fan, but damn Gizele, let the woman talk!

Candace's wedding dress was awful.  Sorry.  The straps?  What was that supposed to be?  And they couldn't stay in place?  The chest was lopsided, and it three people are walking you down the aisle, the ball gown was a poor choice. 

4 hours ago, jalady said:

I wasn’t at all surprised that people were late to the wedding.  I’d never been to a wedding that started on time, until I went to the wedding of two White friends years ago in Philadelphia.  I arrived 1/2 hour late (which was generally the starting time for the weddings of my Black friends and relatives, lol) and was shocked - I tell you shocked! -  that the couple was at the altar and the wedding had started on time!😂

One friend kept us waiting for almost TWO hours in Fairmount Park (again Philly), and it had rained the night before so all of our heels were getting sunk into the mud.  And nope, there was no emergency, traffic accident, etc.  CPT is real folks, even though it is rude as hell.  

And I must concur with all who said the dress was too much and the groomsmen were not enough.  Highwaters and sockless??!!!  Where they do that at?

4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This and GOT are my main priorities on Sunday. 

I guess I'm tacky because I loved the wedding venue and decor. Loved! I've never seen gold chairs with a circular back like that. I. WANT. It looked sumptuous and like money. Did it look like $200k worth? I don't know but I can see where the money was spent more than Eva's (RHOATL) who wedding cost as much, if not more. 

I will admit that some of the love of the event space is because I pretty much hate when HW (especially true in ATL minus Cynthia, who had hers at a museum) have weddings in warehouses or open spaces and just hang a bunch of white drapes and plunk flowers everywhere. I like to see architecture and boy did Candi's have that! 

Chris ought to be beat with the brown he jumped for those wack ass "vows" Wasn't funny or cute. 

Both Candi's dresses were misses. The wedding dress was too much gown for her frame and the gold skater dress would have been better if it was floor length. 

The concept of the groom's party tuxes were nice but the high waters and no socks were a hard no. In August, they must all have had swamp foot. Plus Chris's jacket seemed a bit snug. 

I literally FF the singing. No ma'am.

Mental health professional Dorothy couldn't advise me on how to scrub my toilet. How you gonna be so bitter and hateful over a 40 year betrayal when the relationship ended over 20 years ago and you've since remarried and had another child? The grudge is lasting more than the relationship ever did x 2.

Karen is one of my fave HW. I wish she had a real friend to tell her that those white blond Targaryen wigs ain't it.  I like that she befriends and tries to steer/mentor the younger cast members. Let's face it, any woman they bring on is likely to be younger than Karen. I rather she makes nice than being standoffish and cliquish like Vicki vs all newcomers.

They are a pair of God botherers. 

Did I really hear Kangaroo Mike say he was gonna grab BBG's ass? The hell is wrong with this man. 

2 hours ago, byrd said:

Is it just me or did her dress seems not to fit well. I know Candiance is very tiny, but it just seems as if the top of the dress was too big for her.

2 hours ago, byrd said:

Gizelle, what goes around comes around.  I am no fan of Karen's but you were all up in Karen's marriage and look at how Sherman is dogging your ass out.  The wedding was lovely beautiful décor. Did not like her dress so much . Sherman is flaky and I for one would not give him the time of day I know she can do better than him. I agree that he could have shared that he did not wish to attend the wedding before the actual day .  I love the way Monique's husband takes care of her , he's very protective of his wife. Gizelle's face was priceless when she thought she would control that conversation by saying we need a few minutes , he cut her right off. Loved it. Robyn & Juan ..have several seats please.  Ashley , I almost feel sorry for her. That man clearly does not want a child, he just wants arm candy , but regardless a baby is on the way . .

So many things to say:

Candiass is a tiny little thing. The dress swallowed her up and made her look like a shower poof. I did love the way all her parents gave her away.

I still do not understand the groomsmen and Chris’s outfits. That seersucker too tight fit is very in right now but might look very dated in the future.

Chris’s wedding vows consisted of him reading his old Spotify play lists. The man loves his 90’s R&B.

His lack of effort on the vows makes it seem like he is in it for the come up.

Candiass’s mother is doing no favors to her profession by acting so petty. She is also probably not helping her daughter’s hair business with that thing on her head.

I did like the flowers and am on the fence about the chairs. On one hand those gold circles can be hella cool on the other hand they sorta looked like toilet seats.

Giselle is too damn good looking to be crying over Sherman. I felt bad for her but it happens when you pick men primarily for their money.

Juan was more disappointed than Giselle. Sherman was going to be his boy and it was going to make hanging out with his wife and her best friend almost bearable. No surprise that his advice to G was to put up and take all shit Sherman throws her way with a smile. The man promised he would accompany her to this wedding and literally canceled at the last minute, putting her in an awkward and embarrassing situation. There is no forgiveness for that type of trifling behavior. He knew Monique was going to be there when he agreed to go.

I love Chris and the way he always has his wife’s back. They might have the only genuine relationship on the show.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree that this should be the spirit of giving a gift. But given that Dorothy clearly has strings attached to all of her gifts, it's time for Candiace to either abide by those strings or reject the gift. At this point, she wants to have it both ways - she wants to accept Mom's checks, but then she wants to stomp her feet about the unfair attached strings. You have a choice, Candaice - Mom has shown you exactly who she is - either accept it or pay your own way. You can't have it both ways.

I would love to see Candiass’s reaction to the real type of wedding her and her fiancé could afford. Her wedding could of paid for a house in many midwestern towns.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

What's supposed to look like protectiveness in Chris Samuels to me looks increasingly menacing and possessive.

I really didn’t see it that way at all. It seemed like one of those pre-arranged couple things. Like, get me away if I am engaged in a pointless circular conversation with someone I don’t get along with. 

Chris had a valid point about Monique apologizing to Sherman. Dragging up his past to be constantly replayed on the show is not cool. And I’m convinced that’s why he’s inconsistent with Gizelle. Dating her and loving her doesn’t mean his business should be on blast. And considering there seems to be some unspoken code about not bringing up Gizelle’s ex- husband and his scandals on camera, she should have done more to protect Sherman. 

Big Chris seems to be clued in about how these HW franchises destroy marriages and he’s trying to rein Monique in and protect what they have. Till I see otherwise, I’m firmly Team Big Chris. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Juan was more disappointed than Giselle. Sherman was going to be his boy and it was going to make hanging out with his wife and her best friend almost bearable.

And remember, they were supposed to have a double-date when Gizelle and Sherman broke up the first time.

I am no fan of Gizelle but I have some sympathy for her re: Sherman, as someone who gave a trifling dude too many chances in my past and ended up disappointed & feeling stupid - and I liked that she admitted straight up that she felt like a fool. Been there. I hope she sticks to her "he's dead to me" stance. She should.

25 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I would love to see Candiass’s reaction to the real type of wedding her and her fiancé could afford. Her wedding could of paid for a house in many midwestern towns.

I would be very curious to know what Candiace's finances are aside from her mother's assistance. We know she makes something for the show but how much does her hair line and pageant consulting business bring in? IIRC last season she said she and Chris were contributing $20K to the wedding, which is modest in DC (that's probably the rental fee for the space they were in, and that's before anything got decorated, anybody ate, and any wardrobe was purchased).

3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Weddings get a 30 minute grace period from me and I'm gone. I get it. Stuff happens. But there is no way in the crate and barrel register hell I would wait outside for TWO HOURS for a wedding to start. 30 minutes I'm out and you can keep the gift. That's a fair compromise. I'm black and have never been to a wedding that did not start on time. Including my own.

I remember my grandfather's wedding to his second wife started late, because she was late. I was a kid so I didn't fully get it, but I remember everybody fussing that she was late - including my grandfather. But it wasn't no two hours late. I wouldn't stay two hours waiting for a wedding either (especially an outdoor summer wedding. No ma'am) - like @Rlb8031 said, you don't have spaces indefinitely. I remember watching that show Four Weddings and one wedding was late because of something dumb, and the minister was like "Yeah, I have to do another wedding in here in an hour, so we need to do this now." People have shit to do!

• Love 9

Sure, Gizelles girls loving Sherman is a big plus but I also think she finally realized she ain't getting any younger and better get to snagging. It was awful of Sherman to stand Gizelle up at the last possible moment, knowing there will be questions. 

What was all that shit hanging from Candy Ass' sleeves? She cries when called a princess but chose a walking cliche for a dress. Go figure. Mama is still sour and evil as ever.

Drunk Ashley 😂 A solid 2 weeks without drinking huh? Maybe shes the alcoholic after all. 

Karen and Famous Amos were totally stoked at seeing Gizelle sans Sherman. The shade.

Robyn and Juan just came for the open bar and the food. Not sure how attending a wedding together is "such a big step"

Chris basically forced Monique to apologize and then wants to swoop in and "save" her? Maybe he only cared about Sherman for real. 

• Love 10

Just to clarify, I wasn't basing my impression of Chris Samuels as controlling and possessive on a single gesture at the wedding.  It's a cumulative thing.  She wants to stop having babies at three, he wants at least six.  (Why?  He doesn't seem to have much participation in the daily care of the ones they already have.)  He tells her to apologize, as @SlutAssBitchAssHor (I'm only calling you that 'cause it's your name!) mentions, then rescues her from the situation he created.  I don't think he wants her far from the house, or doing things that would foster some independence in her.  It's all seemingly gentle and supportive on the surface, but I get the sense he wouldn't deal well with having his will opposed when push came to shove.  Just a feeling.  I get it that not everyone sees things the same way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

In my defense about the two hour late wedding:  the groom was, and still is, one of my best friends in life.   And I was 25.   No way would that fly right now, lol. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I know.  Not only is it rude, it's insufferably rude.  I don't care if Juan and Robyn were coming from Baltimore or Timbuktu.  

What is completely unintentionally funny about your post is that there is a restaurant, in Hanover (where Robyn and Juan live), called Timbuktu. They have THE BEST crabcakes -- huge and all jumbo lump. Its not super fancy, but man oh man is it worth it! 

https://www.timbukturestaurant.com/

So, in this case, if R & J were coming from Timbuktu, it really wouldn't have been any longer for them!

😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 5/6/2019 at 1:23 AM, Quita said:

I hate Robyn's hair. I just don't think it flatters her at all. Her and Juan have been going at it "like bunny rabbits"? I don't think that was ever a problem and hasn't that been the case all along with them anyway. Not convinced that anything has really changed with that situation. 

Robyn really needs a stylist stat!  She dresses dowdy and you can tell she does her hair herself.  Remember on the first reunion she had that Farrah Fawcett circa 1970s style wig on.  Even short her hair looks out of style.  It really ages her in my opinion.  And I'm sorry, I just can't muster any kind of like for Juan.  I'm of the belief, once a cheater, always a cheater.  I still get the impression she's more into him than he is into her.  It's just the vibe he gives off.  

• Love 9

Juan will continue to bang Robin until he finds someone new AND their (really his) credit score improves.  Then he'll bounce without looking back.

Candiace's dress looked terrible.  How you gonna let your mom pay $200,000 and not put aside a few bucks to have that shit tailored?  Ridiculous.  Yet not as ridiculous as Chris' wedding vows.  When I'll take MJ & Tommy vows where they were literally swearing at each other over yours, ya fucked up.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

I hate Robyns hair. Her dress at the wedding was awful. Girl needs help stat.

The gold chairs looked like Donald Trump left the gold Trump Tower toilet seat up.  Times 250 toilet seats. I kept laughing that's all I saw thru the reception!!!

Kangaroo Mike is a freak. 

Everything on Candiace dropped coming down the aisle. Dress, hair, crying face. Not a good look.

Maybe she can be a wedding singer to save up for the next wedding to her 2nd husband . Its good to have backups. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, swankie said:

Robyn really needs a stylist stat!  She dresses dowdy and you can tell she does her hair herself.

Yup! I've seen comments elsewhere that she looked great at the wedding but to me, her dressed screamed meemaw of the bride. Her and Karen should have switched dresses, although I did think Karen's dress looked too casual for the venue and occasion.  

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I really didn’t see it that way at all. It seemed like one of those pre-arranged couple things. Like, get me away if I am engaged in a pointless circular conversation with someone I don’t get along with. 

Chris had a valid point about Monique apologizing to Sherman. Dragging up his past to be constantly replayed on the show is not cool. And I’m convinced that’s why he’s inconsistent with Gizelle. Dating her and loving her doesn’t mean his business should be on blast. And considering there seems to be some unspoken code about not bringing up Gizelle’s ex- husband and his scandals on camera, she should have done more to protect Sherman. 

Big Chris seems to be clued in about how these HW franchises destroy marriages and he’s trying to rein Monique in and protect what they have. Till I see otherwise, I’m firmly Team Big Chris. 

Also Monique had one miscarriage already, Chris is not risking any drama to have her upset in anyway . Monique tried to apologize to Gizelle , but I doubt her sincerity honestly. Yes she was wrong to put Sherman  on blast that way , but it was already out there in Potomac , everyone  knew it was a matter of pubic record. .

Edited by byrd
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Gizelle is my favorite of the bunch. She is gorgeous and I am totally enamored by her. I could stare at her all day. Yes, she's my girl crush. Her one-liners are hilarious. I find other HW mildly funny, but she and NeNe Leakes are the only two I can actually LOL at. As far as Sherman standing her up? He can't afford that. He's too ugly.

Robyn was initially one of my favorites, but her complete blind loyalty to Juan baffles me, and that hair! Girl, just no. I don't agree with once a cheater, always a cheater, as I think people can really change, but he doesn't seem to have any real motivation to move forward with her. She's not getting any younger. She needs to cut her losses and move on.

I like Ashley. She's gorgeous and seems like a good time to hang around.

Monique & Karen - I have a love/hate thing for them. They're both messy but I'm entertained by it.

Candiace looked really pretty in the wedding dress reveal to her mother, but then something went horribly wrong the day of the wedding. Her boobs disappeared and the dress was slowly consuming her. It was a horror to watch! And seeing her confrontation with her mother about her half-brother reminded me of so many arguments with my own mother. No matter what the situation, the mother is always right and will never let the daughter talk, and it's ALWAYS about the mother. I was cringing through the whole conversation. It was much too real for me! And Candiace "serenading" her husband? Um... you can't quit now. Thank you. 

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, ButterQueen said:

I paid for my daughter’s wedding, and was just there for support.  She and her now husband made all of the decisions.  My paying was a gift, with no strings.  Why pay if the bride gets no say?  

YES!  My parents paid for my wedding, and it was my wedding ("it's MINE!") so they let me make all of the decisions.  Paying for someone's wedding is a gift, and should not be used as an instrument of control. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, Slider said:

Candace's wedding dress was awful.  Sorry.  The straps?  What was that supposed to be?  And they couldn't stay in place?  The chest was lopsided, and it three people are walking you down the aisle, the ball gown was a poor choice. 

I actually liked her dress.  I thought it was unique, and I loved the straps.  They didn't fit her properly, so that was an issue.

22 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

They are a pair of God botherers

God botherers!!  I love that!

Who is BBG?

• Love 2

If I looked like Gizelle there would be no way in hell I’m dating Sherman. I’m not sure what Sherman has going for him....he’s not attractive, doesn’t treat her well and came with a lot of baggage. There must be some more eligible bachelors in the DMV area. 

So I agree with all who say that Chris’ vows were stupid, but the absolute glee and delight on Candy-ass’ face while he said them made it okay by me. I’m not the one who he’s professing love for, so if it works for them, then so be it. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

So I agree with all who say that Chris’ vows were stupid, but the absolute glee and delight on Candy-ass’ face while he said them made it okay by me. I’m not the one who he’s professing love for, so if it works for them, then so be it. 

Yeah, I didn't really mind his vows, because it seemed like an inside joke between them.  As soon as he said the first line, she started chuckling, which told me that those vows were made just for her, and I ain't mad at that.  That song on the other hand.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

BBG = Black Bill Gates... Mr. Karen Huger

What's a God botherer??? 

AH!  Thank you.  

@islandgal140 mentioned that Candiass and her mom are God botherers - always asking for Jesus' help.  

46 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

If I looked like Gizelle there would be no way in hell I’m dating Sherman. I’m not sure what Sherman has going for him....he’s not attractive, doesn’t treat her well and came with a lot of baggage. There must be some more eligible bachelors in the DMV area. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, swankie said:

Robyn really needs a stylist stat!  She dresses dowdy and you can tell she does her hair herself.  Remember on the first reunion she had that Farrah Fawcett circa 1970s style wig on.  Even short her hair looks out of style.  It really ages her in my opinion.  And I'm sorry, I just can't muster any kind of like for Juan.  I'm of the belief, once a cheater, always a cheater.  I still get the impression she's more into him than he is into her.  It's just the vibe he gives off.  

7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I hate Robyns hair. Her dress at the wedding was awful. Girl needs help stat.

The gold chairs looked like Donald Trump left the gold Trump Tower toilet seat up.  Times 250 toilet seats. I kept laughing that's all I saw thru the reception!!!

Kangaroo Mike is a freak. 

Everything on Candiace dropped coming down the aisle. Dress, hair, crying face. Not a good look.

Maybe she can be a wedding singer to save up for the next wedding to her 2nd husband . Its good to have backups. 

4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Yup! I've seen comments elsewhere that she looked great at the wedding but to me, her dressed screamed meemaw of the bride. Her and Karen should have switched dresses, although I did think Karen's dress looked too casual for the venue and occasion.  

Robyn looked the best the season she was wearing relatively inexpensive clothes that were tailored to her body. The hair might have been passible if she would give up the blonde...that is what is making it look like Ramen noodles. However, these lighter skinned sisters in Potomac really love their blonde, even in wigs and weaves.

Candiass’s hair also did not look great for all the money she spent. I think she was going for a messy updo but it just looked like her hair was coming undone. The lighter strands around her face did not suit her skin tone and looked a little orange.

19 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yeah, I didn't really mind his vows, because it seemed like an inside joke between them.  As soon as he said the first line, she started chuckling, which told me that those vows were made just for her, and I ain't mad at that.  That song on the other hand.....

She chose the worst song ever to show case her voice on tv.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Smacky55 said:

I’m not sure what Sherman has going for him....he’s not attractive, doesn’t treat her well and came with a lot of baggage.  

His wallet

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

So...we just all gon pretend like Candi's crazy ass Mama ain't wearing whiteface these days? Mmkay then.

ETA: And the MOB having her own bouquet is a thing now?

Edited by talktoomuch
  • Love 5
(edited)

Robyn and Juan just make me uncomfortable. I sense absolutely no romantic chemistry. They seem like good friends who happen to have kids together and don’t mind having sex when they have a minute. If they get back together officially, I will be surprised. Something just seems like it’s missing between them. Plus, who can forget Juan telling a producer that he doesn’t want to be with Robyn and not realizing he still had the mic on? 

I loved Candiace’s wedding venue. So pretty! I didn’t love her dress, but she seemed so happy. She looked like a doll. I was a little concerned that her straps kept falling...seems like something that should have been fixed before the wedding day.

I don’t know what to think of Sherman. I think he should have told Gizelle what the problem was way before the wedding, but I also think he’s still rightfully mad about Monique and his ex working together to put his business out there. Even if the information was already out there, I don’t think he appreciated that it was dug up.There are implications to that for him and his children. Gizelle recently said that she needs to find someone who accepts her as she is, including the show and her public life. I think Sherman was resisting filming, but still cared about Gizelle. He handled this situation pretty badly though and I hope Gizelle moves on. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 9
On 5/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, sarkygal said:

I agree. I actually prefer Chris to the other husbands who are all too gleeful when their wives are involved in foolishness. What Monique did was not a good look and Chris seems the type who is very serious about how their appear on television. When he said he didn’t want an issue with Sherman, he meant it. 

I am sure Monique went to Gizelle to apologize at a producer’s prompting, but all Chris cares about is that his pregnant wife is engaged in yet another argument with Gizelle at someone’s wedding. I like that he stepped in. They were at someone’s wedding...it wasn’t the time or place to have this discussion. I wish producers would stop trying to force such conversations at weddings. Happened on RHOA, too.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I agree. I actually prefer Chris to the other husbands who are all too gleeful when their wives are involved in foolishness. What Monique did was not a good look and Chris seems the type who is very serious about how their appear on television. When he said he didn’t want an issue with Sherman, he meant it. 

I am sure Monique went to Gizelle to apologize at a producer’s prompting, but all Chris cares about is that his pregnant wife is engaged in yet another argument with Gizelle at someone’s wedding. I like that he stepped in. They were at someone’s wedding...it wasn’t the time or place to have this discussion. I wish producers would stop trying to force such conversations at weddings. Happened on RHOA, too.

In this case, I doubt it was producer driven. Her husband (repeatedly) made it crystal clear that she was to apologize to Gizelle and Sherman the very next time she laid eyes on them. Like a mafia hit apology.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2019 at 8:19 AM, bichonblitz said:

$200,000 for that wedding? The food better have been off the chain. 

I was folding laundry while watching, so I only saw the cake and a REALLY sad looking little salad. Like two lettuce leaves with a slice of tomato on top. 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:46 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

When the mom was lurking during the Giselle meeting the brother scene, the mom did a facial gesture and good god, it’s candiance in 29 years. 

Last week when they showed pictures of Candiace's parents back in the day, Dorothy looked SO MUCH like Candiace. Chris has already seen the face he'll be waking up to in his golden years if he sticks around that long. 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, Boofish said:

I thought the Groomsmen also looked really good. Look at prom pictures etc.. the fit of the pants and no socks is what's in. I get that it's not for everyone.

Yeah, it's not my thing, but it definitely fits with what we've seen of Chris's style, so it's nice that he and his groomsmen got to dress in accordance with his tastes. At least he got to pick SOMETHING at that wedding. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

His wallet

I think there was a certain amount of worship that Sherman probably brought to her in the wooing process. Sherman knows how old he is and what he looks like too. Based on Gizelle's ex-husband, I think she and the men have a type. I am guessing there is a certain visual and relationship dynamic that both she and Sherman like and were willing to play their parts until his past with a "prostitution whore" (Teresa RHWNJ) being aired on national television made it no longer worth the effort to him.

• Love 1

I haven’t yet watched the episode but I’m loving the comments on the wedding so much I’m not going to FF through it. I’m even going to listen to Candiace’s song!

Did they say or does anyone know how Ashley & Michael’s restaurant Oz is doing?  I can’t believe, I had lunch right across the street from it today, even walked past it twice on my way to the parking garage and didn’t even think to look inside to see how many tables were full. Shoulda stuck my head in the door to ask, “Who’s eating emu?” 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, red12 said:

I think there was a certain amount of worship that Sherman probably brought to her in the wooing process. Sherman knows how old he is and what he looks like too. Based on Gizelle's ex-husband, I think she and the men have a type. I am guessing there is a certain visual and relationship dynamic that both she and Sherman like and were willing to play their parts until his past with a "prostitution whore" (Teresa RHWNJ) being aired on national television made it no longer worth the effort to him.

Yeah, she likes little dark chocolate men. He apparently was also very kind and good with her daughters and they seem to like him a lot, so there's that.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, talktoomuch said:

So...we just all gon pretend like Candi's crazy ass Mama ain't wearing whiteface these days? Mmkay then.

ETA: And the MOB having her own bouquet is a thing now?

What do you mean she's wearing whiteface?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, politichick said:

What do you mean she's wearing whiteface?

I think its referencing the fact that her foundation and powder are at least 3 shades lighter than her skin tone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think its referencing the fact that her foundation and powder are at least 3 shades lighter than her skin tone. 

It's what my people used to refer to as "casket ready"; too light foundation, heavily powdered with a greyish tint and bright lipstick.

Edited by red12
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think part of Gizelle issue is that she introduced Sherman  to her girls,  who also liked him. She's not the mom  who want to parade  her temporaries , stand-bys or fill-ins in front of her daughters.

with that said through-  she didn't  appear  confident enough  to go to the wedding  solo. Just because  you can bring  a plus one doesn't mean  you have to. And what guy  wants to hear the whispering "where is her other date/boyfriend " and/or knowing  he was a last minute choice  - couple hours notice? Hell, it could take that long to get an haircut!

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I haven’t yet watched the episode but I’m loving the comments on the wedding so much I’m not going to FF through it. I’m even going to listen to Candiace’s song!

Nooooooo @RedHawk, don't do it to yourself. That song was tragic!

5 hours ago, red12 said:

It's what my people used to refer to as "casket ready"; too light foundation, heavily powdered with a greyish tint and bright lipstick.

^That right there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1