Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Yes! I always love Gizelle and think she looks bomb in anything and everything she wears, but... Boo Boo missed the mark with this one.

Oh, I definitely think she's had some fashion missteps but her hair is usually on point. Not this time!

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

We're in the same neck of the woods, so I'm go need you to slide me those digits.   I just had 2 sinus lifts and 3 implants placed (at the dental school b/c who doesn't wanna save 10 grand?) yeah, me apparently.  This kid is a skilled almost-oral surgeon but I had to tell him that his nascar pit crew efficiency though, appreciated, was giving me a nervous condition and that the tiny little holes on the side of my lips are known as tears.  Official medical term for you're too fucking rough doc.   Ya'll aren't actually dentist phobic, you're pain and noise phobic.  Respect.  That's serious shit.  This dude legit said "you'll feel a little pinch" before sticking a needle into my gums and then used a mini rubber mallet on my teeth yesterday.   {{picket sign chant}}:  pri-vate prac-tice!  pri-vate prac-tice!

Your wish is my command. In addition to the SO and the baby, three of my best friends are up in there and swear by him...

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG what is wrong with Katie? The homeless heroin former debutante chic look is not ok. She is badly camouflaging major health and hair issues from both eps she has been in. Did I miss an announcement on her ? Is she ok ? 

All the wigs in general.... holy shit that’s a whole hour of play by play just on hair !

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 11:57 PM, Marley said:

I don’t get Giselle’s outrage at Karen. Obviously Karen is gonna answer all those questions it’s a potential biz opportunity. Her and Karen just became friends again too. I hate to say it but I agree with Karen on this one. 

Gizelle is the type of friend that, everything can be going fine between the two of you, but she'll look for something negative to dig up and hit you with.  If she felt bad that Karen hadn't talked to her about business, she should have asked Karen about it THEN, not wait until they were all sitting down to dinner, in NOLA.  Not cool.

ETA:  I don't get this negative attitude about renting, as if the only people who rent are poor.  Many, many folks in NYC rent.  Why not?  If you get a job in another state, you can move without having to sell your property.  I sold a home years ago and am glad to be rid of it, let someone else deal with cutting the grass/repairing the roof every year/paying for the repairs.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 21
52 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Gizelle is the type of friend that, everything can be going fine between the two of you, but she'll look for something negative to dig up and hit you with.

And you KNOW she'd do that because she'd have already talked shit about your mutual friends to you. I'm not sure I could get deep-deep with her because I could never fully trust her. I remember her saying at the first season reunion "People go in other people's houses and talk trash, it's just what people do!" No, it's what catty people do.

• Love 9

Episode 5:

"The Big Easy Show Down"

Gizelle takes the ladies to a plantation where her ancestors were enslaved; the women hit New Orleans' legendary Bourbon Street for a night of fun, but the merriment comes to a halt when Candiace questions Ashley's plans to have a baby.

Airs June 2, 2019.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, MrsRhettButler said:

I think that is why I love this show and also Southern Charm( Craig - Delaware boy)  so much.  It is fun to see familiar places in the Mid-Atlantic, even if only for a few minutes.  I would have loved to be on the beach when they filmed in Bethany.  I keep hoping I will run into I Ashley at one of those restaurants when I am there.     

I like Karen's toned down make up.  

Exactly my reasons for watching this show and Southern Charm as well. I live in DC and like catching a glimpse of area locations. I usually know 95% of them and get a little kick out of that, plus I like these gals and laugh at their antics.

I also have a best friend who has lived in Charleston for 25+ years and I have visited her many times so I often spot places I know, have gone to the bars or restaurants, etc. I started watching SC because I was there a week before the show debuted and read an article about it in the Charleston City Paper. It was already talking about how the locals did not like the idea of the show. I have laughed all these years because no one I know in Charleston will admit to watching it! During the first season I brought it up at my friends party as casual conversation and everyone shrugged and [pretended, I bet] that they can’t tolerate the idea of the show. I have jokingly sworn to my best friend that I won’t mention the show in public!  

On the other hand, many of my DC-area friends watch this show and we laugh our heads off about it. One friend owns a spa where Karen and her daughter filmed a scene last season.  So I just really dig the local connection. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, Neurochick said:

Gizelle is the type of friend that, everything can be going fine between the two of you, but she'll look for something negative to dig up and hit you with.  If she felt bad that Karen hadn't talked to her about business, she should have asked Karen about it THEN, not wait until they were all sitting down to dinner, in NOLA.  Not cool.

ETA:  I don't get this negative attitude about renting, as if the only people who rent are poor.  Many, many folks in NYC rent.  Why not?  If you get a job in another state, you can move without having to sell your property.  I sold a home years ago and am glad to be rid of it, let someone else deal with cutting the grass/repairing the roof every year/paying for the repairs.  

The “rent vs buy” thing is an old and continuing argument. I agree with you and have been a long-time renter because I simply don’t want the hassles and limitations of owning and I can rent a beautiful place in a location that I truly love. As you say, many people rent in large cities. Sure, the property ladder is often a good way to build wealth but I have other investments so owning a condo or house for investment or tax purposes isn’t part of my plan. Yet I’m totally fine with people owning their home for all the reasons they want to own their home. There’s no right way and it annoys me that some of these women make it a big issue and act like anyone who rents is wasting their money or “too poor” to buy. Just shows that they’re dumb and don’t understand that other people may have different financial strategies.  

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 11

Ashley is messy as a fuck and she's got some nerve to claim that she doesn't judge Candiace. She judges all of the women and puts them on blast, especially with her shady THs. I don't understand why Candiace didn't bring up the fact that Ashley is the one that said she wanted to cut out the drinking in preparation for getting pregnant. Or the fact that she's telling the women not to tell Michael about how much she's drinking. Candiace was speaking on things that came out of Ashley's mouth and so Ashley doesn't get to play the 'how dare you' card in m books. Sometimes karma gets you and Candiace is giving Ashley a taste of her own messy medicine.

I thought Gizelle was being extra about Karen being on IG live and not going out with them. Being in your bathroom in bed in your hotel room while jumping on IG live for a bit is not nearly the same experience or atmosphere as a loud, crowded bar with tons of alcohol and drunk people. Now if Karen had opted not to join the women for a nice dinner out or even an night in at Gizelle's room, I could see how that situation could be perceived as insulting.

The plantation scenes were tough but I like educational moments on these shows and I appreciate seeing moments where these women can collectively show humility and empathy for others because their petty drama often has them too caught up in their own feelings to be reasonable and act like adults.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Ashley is messy as a fuck and she's got some nerve to claim that she doesn't judge Candiace. She judges all of the women and puts them on blast, especially with her shady THs. I don't understand why Candiace didn't bring up the fact that Ashley is the one that said she wanted to cut out the drinking in preparation for getting pregnant. Or the fact that she's telling the women not to tell Michael about how much she's drinking. Candiace was speaking on things that came out of Ashley's mouth and so Ashley doesn't get to play the 'how dare you' card in m books. Sometimes karma gets you and Candiace is giving Ashley a taste of her own messy medicine.

I thought Gizelle was being extra about Karen being on IG live and not going out with them. Being in your bathroom in bed in your hotel room while jumping on IG live for a bit is not nearly the same experience or atmosphere as a loud, crowded bar with tons of alcohol and drunk people. Now if Karen had opted not to join the women for a nice dinner out or even an night in at Gizelle's room, I could see how that situation could be perceived as insulting.

Tonight I was squarely #teamcandiace and #teamkaren. Ashley can give it, but can't take it, I see. Shitty when one of your "friends" throws your words back in your face, isn't it? Hypocrite. When Candiace wouldn't back down, Ashley threw, "You would say that to me when I had a miscarriage?" to shut down the conversation. Girl. Quit trying to tragedy-bomb your way out of this web of BS you spun yourself into. I have never liked Ashley. 

And Gizelle? Uhmuhmuhm. I thought she was getting it together after Karen let it go at dinner and graciously thanked her for introducing her to the business contact; and that half decent talking to by Candiace. I loved the TH where the producer brought up all her shady moments towards Karen and Gizelle laughed and was like, "Next question."

But then Gizelle threw the extra shade when Karen was on IG Live instead of partying with them. GTFOHWTBS And her butt plug BFF Robyn explaining why Karen was wrong and not really grieving. Who decides how someone else should grieve the loss of both parents within months of one another? My little brother had a whole grief baby after our Dad died. 

• Love 17
(edited)
12 minutes ago, talktoomuch said:

Who decides how someone else should grieve the loss of both parents within months of one another? My little brother had a whole grief baby after our Dad died. 

This! I almost had a grief engagement but broke up with him almost immediately after I'd reached a state of peace after my mom's passing. No one can tell another person how to grieve and minimize it based on how they think one should do it. Gizelle hit a new low - didn't think that was possible! 

Edited by RealitytvLover
  • Love 12

Giselle was an idiot on this episode. Who cares if Karen is on ig live. She didn’t wanna go out and was in her room relaxing. What was she supposed to do fall asleep crying? Giselle needed to shut up.

• Love 19

While I am NO fan of Ashley's, I thought Candiace was hitting below the belt talking about her drinking alcohol while trying to conceive. Ashley got her period on the New Orleans trip & her husband was no where around. It was telling that Candiace was the only one who had a problem with it while all the other ladies are actually mothers & thought it was fine. I saw shades of Candiace's mother coming out of her & it was ugly to behold. I hope she will seek out therapy from someone better than Gizelle's bootleg "therapist."

I boo-hoo cried during the trip to the plantation. So many descendants of slaves are left to wonder about the horrors our ancestors endured. To have names & pictures & stories & touch the same earth... it's so rare to have some answers, even though the answers are incredibly painful... The monuments were set up beautifully. Honoring the lost children & giving Voice to the slaves.... 

I giggled when one of the ladies said Gizelle's pops was handsome & he said: "Don't you think I know that?" Lol! Smh. Reminded me of my late father. Folks from Louisiana have a special charm like none other. 😊

I hope people on this forum will be kind to Katie. She's beautiful & fun & wild at times & she's kind--- witness her trying to mediate the fights. I think she has legitimate mental health issues--- no tea, no shade--- & I'm rooting for her to succeed. I hope she can use the platform of this silly show to better herself & shine the light to help others. 

• Love 18

What is with that awful turban all the girls are wearing, it actually seems like they are taking turns with it...they look like Carol Burnett's "Norma Desmond" from her spoof of Sunset Blvd.

As far as Ashley's drinking is concerned...there have been tons of pregnancies due to drinking, lol!  Candiace needs to not speak on this.

Why is Robyn always late?

• Love 12
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

While it is none of Candiace's business if Ashley drinks or not (because hey, drinking/being drunk is why half of us are here), Ashley is the one knocking them down, then saying she doesn't want Kangaroo Bob  to know she's drinking.  Ashley is the one running around telling the group she's cutting out drinking because she wants to get pregnant, but is gestating a Corona every time they turn around.  Also, Ashley tried to shame Monique about her drinking last season, so what goes around comes around.

It cracked me up that Ashley was like "Don't tell Michael I was doing shots!" Girl, you are on TV. He's gonna find out. Ashley is so messy (her whole tagline last season was basically "yeah, I'm a gossip")  that I don't have a problem with her getting a taste of her own medicine.

29 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Because she's rude as hell. I cannot STAND people who are always late and just expect you to deal with it. I deal with it by leaving. Robyn's time isn't any more important than the rest of theirs.

And y'all saw that Gizelle just completely played runteldat on Candiace, right? I told y'all - you can't tell Gizelle anything.

Gizelle policing Karen's grief is so nasty. People grieve the way they grieve and you don't get to say shit about it.

47 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I think [Katie] has legitimate mental health issues--- no tea, no shade---

Me too. I don't know what they are but she's clearly going through something.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

While I am NO fan of Ashley's, I thought Candiace was hitting below the belt talking about her drinking alcohol while trying to conceive. Ashley got her period on the New Orleans trip & her husband was no where around. It was telling that Candiace was the only one who had a problem with it while all the other ladies are actually mothers & thought it was fine. I saw shades of Candiace's mother coming out of her & it was ugly to behold. I hope she will seek out therapy from someone better than Gizelle's bootleg "therapist."

Candace is going to be (already is) narcissistic like her mother. If she had any money, she’d be controlling too.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Candiace saying she isn’t a doctor but her mom, dad, and step dad are doctors, so she’s almost a doctor (forgot her wording).

That’s not how it works

I laughed. I think she tried to claim an honorary MD or something. Girl, stop.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)

So Ashley…..the judgmental and shit stirrer shoe hurts when it’s on the other foot, hmm?  Wish I could feel bad for her but after all her messiness with Karen and Monique last year, it couldn’t happen to a better person.  She had on a beautiful yellow dress when they went to the plantation though.

No Gizelle’s Alderman Davis from Good Times lookin’ father didn’t shade Karen on her finances during the plantation tour!  If that were me I’da looked him square in the eyes and said ‘You don’t know me like that, nukka….now continue on with your Mandigo tour and have a nice bowl of STFU!’  That was rude and Karen looked embarrassed. 

Alderman Davis.jpg

And Gizzard, this is why Karen don’t fuck with you….her grief is her own, if she wants to strip and twerk on IG then it is her business!  And another thing, why in the bluedilly hell did you have to blurt out to Ashley what Candiace told you and Katie in private?!  And you don’t judge?  You…don’t judge?  Yeah, okay.

I’d slightly maybe let Beaky Buzzard slide with the lateness shit if she at least looked more like a Givenchy model as opposed to a bargain broad thrift ho!  I hope someone calls her out on that soon.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
(edited)

The plantation was so heartbreaking and beautiful. Giselle does really come from an important and storied family. I also could not believe it when Giselle’s daddy called Karen out on her loans out of nowhere.

Speaking of Giselle, I saw a little girl that looked just like her at my daughters’ dance recital...light skinned w/ green eyes... cute as hell.

If I were Karen, I would never trust G again. Also, Giselle has no right to mad at Karen for not joining when she was so bitchy about joining for the group activities in Paris. Remember, when she lied to Robyn about the group leaving her and they spent the whole day by themselves. Also, why the hell is Robyn’s lumbering ass always late? Is she wasting all her time trying to get Juan to say he loves her from his girlfriend’s house?

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

Tonight I was squarely #teamcandiace and #teamkaren. Ashley can give it, but can't take it, I see. Shitty when one of your "friends" throws your words back in your face, isn't it? Hypocrite. When Candiace wouldn't back down, Ashley threw, "You would say that to me when I had a miscarriage?" to shut down the conversation. Girl. Quit trying to tragedy-bomb your way out of this web of BS you spun yourself into. I have never liked Ashley. 

And Gizelle? Uhmuhmuhm. I thought she was getting it together after Karen let it go at dinner and graciously thanked her for introducing her to the business contact; and that half decent talking to by Candiace. I loved the TH where the producer brought up all her shady moments towards Karen and Gizelle laughed and was like, "Next question."

But then Gizelle threw the extra shade when Karen was on IG Live instead of partying with them. GTFOHWTBS And her butt plug BFF Robyn explaining why Karen was wrong and not really grieving. Who decides how someone else should grieve the loss of both parents within months of one another? My little brother had a whole grief baby after our Dad died. 

When Ashley played the miscarriage card, if I were Candiace, I would have let everything spill from my lips. I'm not generally confrontation so I can let a lot of messy slide but when people start to make themselves into a victim who thinks they're above criticism, nope - I'm gonna drag you real good without laying a hand on you. There were times I've defended Ashley and have even looked beyond her messy but for her to come to this point and pretend like she's not messy and she hasn't done to every one of those ladies what she's accusing Candiace of doing to her - that's messed up.

Robyn has returned to reprise her role as Juan and Gizelle's lapdog. Gizelle continues to write the rules for everyone else but doesn't care to follow any of them herself.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I boo-hoo cried during the trip to the plantation. So many descendants of slaves are left to wonder about the horrors our ancestors endured. To have names & pictures & stories & touch the same earth... it's so rare to have some answers, even though the answers are incredibly painful... The monuments were set up beautifully. Honoring the lost children & giving Voice to the slaves.... 

I giggled when one of the ladies said Gizelle's pops was handsome & he said: "Don't you think I know that?" Lol! Smh. Reminded me of my late father. Folks from Louisiana have a special charm like none other. 😊

I hope people on this forum will be kind to Katie. She's beautiful & fun & wild at times & she's kind--- witness her trying to mediate the fights. I think she has legitimate mental health issues--- no tea, no shade--- & I'm rooting for her to succeed. I hope she can use the platform of this silly show to better herself & shine the light to help others. 

Right but I think it's because they're dispelling Candace's myth that drinking interferes with getting pregnant.  The French might say it doesn't even interfere with being pregnant but that's another story for another day lol.   I don't know if she got the chance to voice it b/c I turned the channel for a sec but Candace's point was you told your husband you were gonna cut down on booze because you wanted to demonstrate that becoming and maintaining a pregnancy was important to you.   Way to honor your promise gurl.   Ashley's comeback was factually accurate but, *ethically* unfair.  Nobody's ever gonna argue the sanctity of miscarriage.  Ever.   We can all take a moment of silence for you and still acknowledge that you're a messy ass hypocrite.  Do ya'll think in the moment, she gets flustered or something?

In 1997, I took a similar tour with my girls.  We were in NOLA.  Organizing sightseeing is one of my bff's ju'ghe.  She's an alarm clock, itinerary, stick to the schedule, fucking vacation nazi and chief shusher (but I love her for it).  So of course we went to (I want to say Lafayette, but I'm not sure, it was about a 2 hour drive from NOLA's garden district).  There's one piece of this tour, that like Gizelle's dad pointed out, still has cabins on the grounds.  I don't know if they were original or reconstructed but shockingly, we were allowed to go up to the cabins and touch them.  No golf carts, this was a walking tour.  We walked right up onto the front porch.  The guide said I'll take ya'lls picture if you want.   I don't know which one of us has it but we're sitting on the bench that's nailed onto the porch and - excuse the dramatic description, but no bullshit - the heaviness, gravity, weight of everything you've imagined but hadn't seen or touched...?  Ain't no way I'd make it through a tour of Ghana's Cape Coast.   You have to go on a plantation tour if you visit New Orleans.   #theydidsowecan  

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What is with that awful turban all the girls are wearing, it actually seems like they are taking turns with it...they look like Carol Burnett's "Norma Desmond" from her spoof of Sunset Blvd.

As far as Ashley's drinking is concerned...there have been tons of pregnancies due to drinking, lol!  Candiace needs to not speak on this.

Lol is it a little too secret of the travelling pants?  

I like it, but I'm biased 😉.   Slight distinction - a turban is a religious headcovering worn typically by men.   This differs a little in that it isn't religious but is symbolic and the ones the RHOS wear tie (with a bottom, top or braided knot).  So what I hope they're doing, not just for this trip, but also in deference to it, is paying homage to their roots.   African women from many diverse cultures wear headdress for any number of reasons - it's very common at weddings to symbolize celebration - at Nigerian and Ghanaian weddings for example, the female relatives on both sides of the couple's family will be wearing the exact same headress (it's called a gele in Nigerian culture, duku in Ghanaian) to symbolize unity and the sentiment that: (today) we become cut from the same cloth.   Isn't that adorable? okay maybe just to me lol!   In South African culture, headdress represents celebration, distinction, respect (a Zulu bride covers her head entering the home of her mother in law), position, any number of things.  It might be too late not to get off topic here, but it's sort of why the "wear your one piece of African garb" to the premiere of Black Panther was a little off putting to Africans, that traditional garb isn't for a trip to Shoprite, it means something special or specific.  Anyhoooo lol, sorry, for the ladies of Potomac and for black women in general, what I hope it symbolizes to them is a way to feel/express a connection to their original heritage.   

Whoowee, 140 characters ain't it.  Ya'll see why I don't have a twitter account?  lol!!  

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

The plantation was so heartbreaking and beautiful. Giselle does really come from an important and storied family. I also could not believe it when Giselle’s daddy called Karen our on her loans out of nowhere.

Speaking of Giselle, I saw a little girl that looked just like her at my daughters’ dance recital...light skinned w/ green eyes... cute as hell.

If I were Karen, I would never trust G again. Also, Giselle has no right to mad at Karen for not joining when she was so bitchy about joining for the group activities in Paris. Remember, when she lied to Robyn about the group leaving her and they spent the whole day by themselves. Also, why the hell is Robyn’s lumbering ass always late? Is she wasting all her time trying to get Juan to say he loves her from his girlfriend’s house?

So I think I might be in the minority on how cute and charming Gizelle's daddy was.  Whether he got the information from his daughter or from watching her on the show, this is immature as hell for a man of his age and station.   I didn't like it and it diluted whatever respect I had for him.  I think she might consider it beneath even addressing, but if Karen ever gets Gizelle together for this, I'm all the way here for it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Marley said:

Giselle was an idiot on this episode. Who cares if Karen is on ig live. She didn’t wanna go out and was in her room relaxing. What was she supposed to do fall asleep crying? Giselle needed to shut up.

Yes and this is exactly why I don't care for Giselle.. it  is none of your business what or who Karen was conversing with in her room. The fact is she really did not want to be bothered with the dumb stuff, I feel that's why she stayed behind. If she was live on whatever that's her business she would rather talk to them than to you !  It's driving Giselle crazy because Karen is not down for her bullshit this season and is effectively keeping them out of her personal business which Giselle can't stand.  Giselle can't be trusted , she's not a real friend and she will turn on you in a heartbeat and spill all of your personal business that you trusted her with . Karen stay alert girl, don't trust these women with your heart .

• Love 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

So I think I might be in the minority on how cute and charming Gizelle's daddy was.  Whether he got the information from his daughter or from watching her on the show, this is immature as hell for a man of his age and station.   I didn't like it and it diluted whatever respect I had for him.  I think she might consider it beneath even addressing, but if Karen ever gets Gizelle together for this, I'm all the way here for it.

Let the church say AMEN. I cannot stand elderly people who expect respect but feel like they are at an age they don't have to give any. Have ran across way too many in my lifetime and no longer care that you are pruning - run up and get done up. No age limit.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Right but I think it's because they're dispelling Candace's myth that drinking interferes with getting pregnant.  The French might say it doesn't even interfere with being pregnant but that's another story for another day lol.   I don't know if she got the chance to voice it b/c I turned the channel for a sec but Candace's point was you told your husband you were gonna cut down on booze because you wanted to demonstrate that becoming and maintaining a pregnancy was important to you.   Way to honor your promise gurl.   Ashley's comeback was factually accurate but, *ethically* unfair.  Nobody's ever gonna argue the sanctity of miscarriage.  Ever.   We can all take a moment of silence for you and still acknowledge that you're a messy ass hypocrite.  Do ya'll think in the moment, she gets flustered or something?

In 1997, I took a similar tour with my girls.  We were in NOLA.  Organizing sightseeing is one of my bff's ju'ghe.  She's an alarm clock, itinerary, stick to the schedule, fucking vacation nazi and chief shusher (but I love her for it).  So of course we went to (I want to say Lafayette, but I'm not sure, it was about a 2 hour drive from NOLA's garden district).  There's one piece of this tour, that like Gizelle's dad pointed out, still has cabins on the grounds.  I don't know if they were original or reconstructed but shockingly, we were allowed to go up to the cabins and touch them.  No golf carts, this was a walking tour.  We walked right up onto the front porch.  The guide said I'll take ya'lls picture if you want.   I don't know which one of us has it but we're sitting on the bench that's nailed onto the porch and - excuse the dramatic description, but no bullshit - the heaviness, gravity, weight of everything you've imagined but hadn't seen or touched...?  Ain't no way I'd make it through a tour of Ghana's Cape Coast.   You have to go on a plantation tour if you visit New Orleans.   #theydidsowecan  

Lol is it a little too secret of the travelling pants?  

I like it, but I'm biased 😉.   Slight distinction - a turban is a religious headcovering worn typically by men.   This differs a little in that it isn't religious but is symbolic and the ones the RHOS wear tie (with a bottom, top or braided knot).  So what I hope they're doing, not just for this trip, but also in deference to it, is paying homage to their roots.   African women from many diverse cultures wear headdress for any number of reasons - it's very common at weddings to symbolize celebration - at Nigerian and Ghanaian weddings for example, the female relatives on both sides of the couple's family will be wearing the exact same headress (it's called a gele in Nigerian culture, duku in Ghanaian) to symbolize unity and the sentiment that: (today) we become cut from the same cloth.   Isn't that adorable? okay maybe just to me lol!   In South African culture, headdress represents celebration, distinction, respect (a Zulu bride covers her head entering the home of her mother in law), position, any number of things.  It might be too late not to get off topic here, but it's sort of why the "wear your one piece of African garb" to the premiere of Black Panther was a little off putting to Africans, that traditional garb isn't for a trip to Shoprite, it means something special or specific.  Anyhoooo lol, sorry, for the ladies of Potomac and for black women in general, what I hope it symbolizes to them is a way to feel/express a connection to their original heritage.   

Whoowee, 140 characters ain't it.  Ya'll see why I don't have a twitter account?  lol!!  

I also think it hurt Karen a little her expression changed for the rest of the trip.,it was shady as hell and Giselle behaves just like him. It only took that one shady comment to change the tone of the tour which was too important to be diminished by that rude comment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Let the church say AMEN. I cannot stand elderly people who expect respect but feel like they are at an age they don't have to give any. Have ran across way too many in my lifetime and no longer that you are pruning - run up and get done up. No age limit.

This is the thing though girl, on the stremf of Theydidsowecan - you got that, it's automatic, all day.   But the side of me that remembers that, thinks:  you'dn went through everything you went through, so I can have the unmitigated gaul to take my shit for granted - to come outcha mouth with this?   You better than that though Mr. Gizelledaddyfirstname

Just now, byrd said:

I also think it hurt Karen a little her expression changed for the rest of the trip.,it was shady as hell and Giselle behaves just like him. It only took that one shady comment to change the tone of the tour which was too important to be diminished by that rude comment.

....which is why whatever else Karen does, I tip my sew-in to her.  She was hurt, or at least looked like but she was also raised right, because she ain't say nothing to him and she could've respectfully gotten him all the way together.  

• Love 17
(edited)
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Because Robyn probably gets a different call time from the producers than the others.  There's always someone on each franchise who is consistently late and a lot of the time its because the producers tell the group to meet at 3 and that one person to come by at 5.

For example, on the last episode where the gang met at Gizelle's house to go to the airport: They probably flew out of BWI.  If so, Robyn lives 10-15 minutes from BWI.  It would've made no sense for her to drive down 95/495 to go to Bethesda, get on Gizelle's van, then go BACK to Baltimore.

So the gang was told to meet at Gizelle's house, while Robyn was told to meet them at BWI.  I really don't think she would've had time to wash the pink out of her hair, dry it, load her luggage in the car, roll down 95/495 to Bethesda and make it on time.

But how it was presented to the audience is: Robyn is late! Will she make the flight?  Because the audience wasn't told which airport they flew out of; however, locals would know there are 3 airports in the area but only 1 would make sense with the Robyn-Is-Late story.

Robyn is the designated late person of RHOP just like Nene/Kandi/Kenya are the designated late persons of RHOA.

3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

When did Katie have her ( very public) miscarriage? Before or after the current episode? 

A few months ago, so way after all of this was filmed.  I want to say around Valentine's Day.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 4
55 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This is the thing though girl, on the stremf of Theydidsowecan - you got that, it's automatic, all day.   But the side of me that remembers that, thinks:  you'dn went through everything you went through, so I can have the unmitigated gaul to take my shit for granted - to come outcha mouth with this?   You better than that though Mr. Gizelledaddyfirstname

....which is why whatever else Karen does, I tip my sew-in to her.  She was hurt, or at least looked like but she was also raised right, because she ain't say nothing to him and she could've respectfully gotten him all the way together.  

Yes  !! you are so right Karen certainly could have, but in fact she chose to keep the focus on the tour, that what real class is.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Yes  !! you are so right Karen certainly could have, but in fact she chose to keep the focus on the tour, that what real class is.

you know it just occurred to me BBG is about 6 years younger than Gizelle's dad?   Chiiiiile.  That could've been a whole scene lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Let me finish guffawing real good 😂

I agree I would not have started nothing at a plantation because - obvious - but I would have made an appointment for an appropriate time and place to cuss out great value Thurgood Marshall.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Let me finish guffawing real good 😂

I agree I would not have started nothing at a plantation because - obvious - but I would have made an appointment for an appropriate time and place to cuss out great value Thurgood Marshall.

why are you like this?

giphy.gif

but real talk?  When he popped up, I did think: that's that Adam Clayton Powell tribe though lol.   If Karen had said are you coming for me Cab Calloway?  I'dve been no damn good.  

• LOL 12
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

why are you like this?

giphy.gif

but real talk?  When he popped up, I did think: that's that Adam Clayton Powell tribe though lol.   If Karen had said are you coming for me Cab Calloway?  I'dve been no damn good.  

Man down 😂😂

Edited by Boofish
  • LOL 7
32 minutes ago, Boofish said:

great value Thurgood Marshall.

And Cab Calloway from Zaldamo?

You heiffas kill me, LMAO!  How about a middle class Russell Huxtable from the Cosby Show?

But back to Karen, I did notice how she was already at the bus once the tour was over, meaning that she likely wasn't hugging him like she did when they first got there.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It's not an inappropriate thing to call him.  He was basically calling her Minnie the Moocher, after all.

Monique was dead-on. You can see just where Gizelle got it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Vixenstud said:

You heiffas kill me, LMAO!  How about a middle class Russell Huxtable from the Cosby Show?

But back to Karen, I did notice how she was already at the bus once the tour was over, meaning that she likely wasn't hugging him like she did when they first got there.

You're one of us now 😂

I was about to let light skinned Dizzy Gillespie make it until he made that unnecessary remark to Karen Derek.

• LOL 9

Good episode. It was no NYC ladies in Miami but solid nonetheless.

Embarrassingly, I've never been to a plantation or Black history museum but once many moons ago, while at Coney Island in NY, I happened upon a beach/ocean ceremony dedicated to slaves lost during the Middle Passage. I have a professed cold dead black heart and don't shed tears easily. I am more prone to feelings of intense anger when confronted by the vestiges of slavery but I tell you I cried ugly tears that day. I didn't expect to be moved as thoroughly as I was. 

Speaking of vestiges of slavery, I had a bit of a lightbulb moment during the show when the tour guide mentioned that slave children weren't considered children once they turned 10 years of age. How interesting that so many times when a minor who happens to be black is either the victim of a crime or the perpetrator, the media is less likely to refer to them as just a child or ascribe any of their actions (right or wrong) as those of youthful indiscretions e.g. kids being kids. Also, once conviction, more likely to be charged as an adult. 

SJW hat aside, back to throwing shade and being petty. 

9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Trying to get Juan to say "I love you" back. 

Daddy Gizelle making light of Karen's finances during a slavery memorial tour diminished him NOT Karen. 

Ashley needs to be dragged through bramble and brush and than have her wounds thoroughly salted. I just wished it was by someone a bit more effective than Candyass. I don't know why she was trying to invoke MD via DNA when Ashley's own words were more than enough to indict and convict. 

I guess we are saving Michael offering oral Hoover-vac services until after he plays grab ass with a cameraman. Can't wait. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
59 minutes ago, Boofish said:

You're one of us now 😂

I was about to let light skinned Dizzy Gillespie make it until he made that unnecessary remark to Karen Derek.

Yes, and what this really shows is just how much attention he pays to Giselle's shitty comments and gossip about Karen which I'm sure she does with her family all of the time. As a father he sets a poor example, see what happened here ? People who never heard of him will only remember him for this comment, all his years of civil rights work went down the tube in this one episode, people don't care what he's accomplished, we only remember the bad stuff. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, byrd said:

Yes, and what this really shows is just how much attention he pays to Giselle's shitty comments and gossip about Karen which I'm sure she does with her family all of the time. As a father he sets a poor example, see what happened here ? People who never heard of him will only remember him for this comment, all his years of civil rights work went down the tube in this one episode, people don't care what he's accomplished, we only remember the bad stuff. 

All jokes aside this is so very true. Reminds me of the Japanese proverb - the reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Both Ashley & Katie had a HA HA! </nelson> moment when Robyn said her results were basically 60% white, 40% black but Ashley & Katie have a totally different situation than Robyn.  While all 3 are genetically "biracial", Robyn's people didn't have a choice to call themselves "biracial."  They were deemed "black" and that was that.  Katie & Ashley have a choice of what to identify as, and they both identify as biracial/black*.  Robyn said on Season 1 she had no known white ancestors and that is probably correct...I read somewhere that most of the white DNA in most American blacks was introduced before 1865.

Yes to this.  The problem today is too many people are ignorant like Katie and Ashley.  They assume if they see a light skinned black person, one of their parents must be white.  That is NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.   There is a difference between a person with a white parent and a black parent and a person whose white ancestor was from generations ago.  Not the same.  Robyn and Gizelle consider themselves black, nothing wrong with that. 

What I see lately are biracial people who go out of their way NOT to call themselves black, unless it's convenient for them.  (like getting a movie role)

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:
5 hours ago, Boofish said:

great value Thurgood Marshall.

You heiffas kill me, LMAO!  How about a middle class Russell Huxtable from the Cosby Show

Dollar General Duke Ellington?

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, byrd said:

I thought that was tacky too, and I detest Karen.  However years of working in civil rights trumps some dumb ass comment made on a reality show.  In fact I forgot what he said to dime store Bo Derek.  I was focused on the plantation.

And what does him being light skinned have to do with anything?  Karen’s light skinned too.

• Love 4