Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Also, Meri, Janelle and Kody were about 3 hours away in Rocky Ridge for Bonnie's funeral two days earlier,

Bonnie’s funeral was Wednesday March 31.

Avalon was born Monday April 5th.

She looks like a cutie.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Bonnie’s funeral was Wednesday March 31.

Avalon was born Monday April 5th.

She looks like a cutie.

Kody and Bonus Mom Christine flew to North Carolina on last-minute tickets for the birth of Maddie's daughter.  Kody may have flown back and forth twice, because he claimed he had to be back in Flagstaff.  It was a much longer distance and difficult travel based on panicked speculation.  They both claimed that they had to be there or wanted to be there for the new mother and that they would assist her and play with Axel.  Christine even took the burden of Kody off of Janelle, pronouncing that it was one of the benefits of polygamy for all the lowly monogamist viewers.

Mykelti's due date was in March, and she hadn't given birth by March 31, when Kody and Bonus Mom Janelle were much closer geographically.  Bonus Mom Janelle didn't reciprocate for her sister wife Christine in a near-identical situation (daughter delivering a granddaughter and child that also needed attention).  Nor did she stay in Utah to comfort or assist her sister wife Meri in a situation that she herself experienced 3 months earlier.  Their lack of reciprocity and compassion, as well as their seemingly complete disregard, for their bonus daughter and sister wives are more significant than the timespan between events.  

Either the birth or funeral would have overridden whatever other possible schedule conflict that either Kody or Janelle would have had back in Flagstaff.  Neither has a job or is a salaried employee, and both are limiting their activities due to COVID.  In fact, Janelle returned from the funeral for an exercise session a day or more later that lasted less than an hour.  Even Robyn somehow managed to rearrange her schedule of doing nothing to watch the entire birthing process via Zoom.

Notably, St. George is halfway between Flagstaff and Salt Lake City, where they daytripped to whine to the Dargers.  

Let's see if they count Avalon's April 5th birthday as the first in the birthday month.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I was scrolling through Insta and came across this post and wondered who these old people were with a baby. It’s Tony and Mykelti. Oops! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNaVnoPrhXZ/?igshid=gdou57cevbu4

C4803462-2BFA-4CE3-A198-7A4269788DA0.jpeg

Wow has Mykelti been a chameleon this pregnancy.

She's looked like multiple different family members (Christine) and siblings (Gwyn, Aspyn, etc.) in various photos.  And now in this one I see a lot of Mariah.

And Christine sure looks over the moon in many of the pictures when she's holding the baby.  Maybe having a grandbaby on top of Kody being a jerk will get her to leave him.  (Not that I want her remaining kids at home uprooted again, but I think they'd all do better away from toxic Kody at this point)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody and Bonus Mom Christine flew to North Carolina on last-minute tickets for the birth of Maddie's daughter.  Kody may have flown back and forth twice, because he claimed he had to be back in Flagstaff.  It was a much longer distance and difficult travel based on panicked speculation.  They both claimed that they had to be there or wanted to be there for the new mother and that they would assist her and play with Axel.  Christine even took the burden of Kody off of Janelle, pronouncing that it was one of the benefits of polygamy for all the lowly monogamist viewers.

Mykelti's due date was in March, and she hadn't given birth by March 31, when Kody and Bonus Mom Janelle were much closer geographically.  Bonus Mom Janelle didn't reciprocate for her sister wife Christine in a near-identical situation (daughter delivering a granddaughter and child that also needed attention).  Nor did she stay in Utah to comfort or assist her sister wife Meri in a situation that she herself experienced 3 months earlier.  Their lack of reciprocity and compassion, as well as their seemingly complete disregard, for their bonus daughter and sister wives are more significant than the timespan between events.  

Either the birth or funeral would have overridden whatever other possible schedule conflict that either Kody or Janelle would have had back in Flagstaff.  Neither has a job or is a salaried employee, and both are limiting their activities due to COVID.  In fact, Janelle returned from the funeral for an exercise session a day or more later that lasted less than an hour.  Even Robyn somehow managed to rearrange her schedule of doing nothing to watch the entire birthing process via Zoom.

Notably, St. George is halfway between Flagstaff and Salt Lake City, where they daytripped to whine to the Dargers.  

Let's see if they count Avalon's April 5th birthday as the first in the birthday month.

It's possible this has more to do with Mykelti's wishes than anything else. Mykelti hasn't seemed particularly close to Janelle whereas Maddie was raised by Christine. Additionally it was known that Maddie's daughter had potential medial complications - so it would make sense to call in more support. 

And I could serious see Mykelti telling Kody to visit later. No need for Dad to watch her give birth.

And of course support for Meri? They don't really like Meri so the fact that Kody and Janelle showed up meets the expectation. I do wonder why Robyn wasn't there. Pregnant perhaps?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

And I could serious see Mykelti telling Kody to visit later. No need for Dad to watch her give birth.

But how did Mykelti, Tony and the midwife even know what to do without Kody there explaining how babies are born, like he did with Caleb?  It's a wonder Mykelti still isn't trying to push that baby out without the benefit of Kody's mansplaining yammering wisdom.

• LOL 17
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

And of course support for Meri? They don't really like Meri so the fact that Kody and Janelle showed up meets the expectation. I do wonder why Robyn wasn't there. Pregnant perhaps?

Mykelti and Tony already announced that the birth was being filmed for the show.  Kody wouldn't allow them to block his opportunity to be on camera, with his soulmate children, explaining and directing the birth, even if Mykelti screamed, "It's my body and my choice!" like Truely.

Kody had even less of an excuse for an absence, since Robyn was at home, watching on Zoom and taking care of their children.  If Kody was there at or shortly after the delivery, it would have been a convenient excuse for him to avoid or escape Meri in mourning.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall them saying it was going to be filmed. I do recall them saying  it would be a home birth. 

They are the Brown Grifters.  No more needs to be said.

• Love 6
On 4/9/2021 at 12:37 AM, Tuxcat said:

I do wonder why Robyn wasn't there. Pregnant perhaps?

She does have small children who have probably never been left with anyone else.  But Grandma and Grandpa Sullivan could have watched them.  Then again they are not in the family bubble.  

7 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

She does have small children who have probably never been left with anyone else.  But Grandma and Grandpa Sullivan could have watched them.  Then again they are not in the family bubble.  

Aurora is 18 and Breanna is 16. Surely they could watch Ari and Sol. What are they 4 and 7? 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Aurora is 18 and Breanna is 16. Surely they could watch Ari and Sol. What are they 4 and 7? 

I agree, they could, but I don't think Robyn asks them to do that.  Which is why Kody probably lives with her most of the time.  She needs another full time adult helping her.  I think she really misses having Mindy around to help out.  I wonder who does all the cleaning in the million dollar mansion?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I agree, they could, but I don't think Robyn asks them to do that.  Which is why Kody probably lives with her most of the time.  She needs another full time adult helping her.  I think she really misses having Mindy around to help out.  I wonder who does all the cleaning in the million dollar mansion?  

If Aurora is 18, shouldn’t she be of marriageable age in their religion/culture? I had to look after my baby brother and cousins at 12/13– although not overnight. How old was Robyn when she married that “cookie-stealer” Jessop? I think Robyn wants to juvenilize her kids for as long as possible.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Areola is still sucking away on a pacifier.  They uprooted the whole family to follow Day'n to college. I would be shocked if Sobyn gave her kids any kind of responsibility before they are 30. 

For all we know, the whole gang is still co-sleeping.

• LOL 16

If Aurora is 18, shouldn’t she be of marriageable age in their religion/culture?

They're not true, religious, polygamists. They're more like the assholes on Seeking Sister Wife. If they were devout about their polygamist faith, they would be devastated about the chosen lifestyles of most of their adult children. But they don't care at all. 

So it still looks like Kody hasn’t been there to visit yet based off of Instagram. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he is waiting 2 weeks in quarantine after attending Bonnie’s funeral to visit his new grandchild.

I don't recall Kody caring much about Mykelti, except to criticize her clothing choices occasionally.

• Love 11

I'm sincerely hoping that is Mykelti and baby and not FT!! Who thought that was a good idea for a photo??? And who does that with  a newborn??? Is this some new age mother thingy??? Basically I guess I am asking WTF????

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 4/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, LilyD said:

Where was Christine??!!

He could have thanked/mentioned a number of people; Most certainly Christine, and if not for her, the midwife who helped them through the birth. Definitely not someone who attended via Zoom (I'm sure she had it on mute the whole time!). Mind you, if Robyn had really really wanted to be there, she would have been there! No matter what....A rather cheap way of earning extra Brownie points if you ask me.

“People” might have edited down a longer comment, too. 

• Useful 2

So on Mykelti’s Instagram live post, she mentioned that Neither Meri or Janelle have seen the baby, and she will have to try and schedule a FaceTime call with them down the line. 

now that’s bad. Are you telling me that Janelle has been so busy the last week that she couldn’t FaceTime for a minute to see the new baby? 

• Love 11

She's a cute baby, but that bath pic is too much.  Also, I'm old, so some of the things I was told might be out of date, but I thought you shouldn't take a bath after giving birth until you've had time to heal.  Also, I thought you weren't supposed to get the cord wet on the newborn.  I remember doing sponge baths until that happened with my children. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So on Mykelti’s Instagram live post, she mentioned that Neither Meri or Janelle have seen the baby, and she will have to try and schedule a FaceTime call with them down the line. 

now that’s bad. Are you telling me that Janelle has been so busy the last week that she couldn’t FaceTime for a minute to see the new baby? 

Christine is close with Janelle's kids but the reverse definitely isn't true.

Christine's kids seem close with Robyn, but no one else - which is interesting because we never really saw how that developed.  

This family is not one family and they haven't been for a long time. So it's weird to me they keep trying to sell that idea on the show - especially Janelle now - who didn't even FT with Mykelti. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I'm sincerely hoping that is Mykelti and baby and not FT!! Who thought that was a good idea for a photo??? And who does that with  a newborn??? Is this some new age mother thingy??? Basically I guess I am asking WTF????

I take it you mean the picture with the baby in the bath tub? Though I do agree there is no need to post everything on social media (def no bathroom pictures), the bathing with the baby is harmless if you ask me. Close to mummy (I hope) with her head high enough. Definitely not lower than when you hold a baby whilst bathing it in its own baby bath. Besides, she can't go anywhere. Lots of mums (and dads) bathe or shower with their babies.

If anything concerns me, it is taking a bath so shortly after giving birth. It is strongly advised not to, where I am from. Just shower until everything has healed because of infection. Oh and maybe no phone whilst washing baby??

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I take it you mean the picture with the baby in the bath tub? Though I do agree there is no need to post everything on social media (def no bathroom pictures), the bathing with the baby is harmless if you ask me. Close to mummy (I hope) with her head high enough. Definitely not lower than when you hold a baby whilst bathing it in its own baby bath. Besides, she can't go anywhere. Lots of mums (and dads) bathe or shower with their babies.

If anything concerns me, it is taking a bath so shortly after giving birth. It is strongly advised not to, where I am from. Just shower until everything has healed because of infection. Oh and maybe no phone whilst washing baby??

It just seems so unnecessary to me.  Bodies are slippery when wet and even in a shower, how could one properly soap and rinse themselves or the baby while having a firm grip.  There are many other ways to bond with baby.  Besides, that may be the only chance mom gets to have a relaxing shower and shampoo while baby naps.

• Love 7
(edited)

Along with the fact Mykelti probably should take a shower instead, if it were me I’d have the baby facing the other way.

Having the baby’s ears out of the water would be a good idea, also.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Having the baby’s ears out of the water would be a good idea, also.

As a kid I got a lot of earaches and heartily agree! What kind of post-natal advice is she getting?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

t just seems so unnecessary to me.  Bodies are slippery when wet and even in a shower, how could one properly soap and rinse themselves or the baby while having a firm grip.  There are many other ways to bond with baby.  Besides, that may be the only chance mom gets to have a relaxing shower and shampoo while baby naps.

Loved your comment on having some proper mom-time! So true!

As for washing the baby: I guess it probably has more to do with personal preferences. Some of us prefer bathing, others hate it and only use showers. Oh btw; (baby) bodies get slippery when being washed no matter what method you use...😉 So always handle with care, preferably without a telephone in hand.

• Love 9

I think Christine is just the most loving person in the family, and that explains why everyone else’s kids love her, but her kids don’t need to get any outside love beyond their own mom, so they don’t seem close to the other moms. I think Truely is close with Solomon because they are close in age, and Robyn’s two youngest kids are the only kids Truely gets to be a big sister to. There’s also a big gap between her and her other siblings. Also, because Christine really does consider herself a mom to everyone in the family, she would have passed that on to her kids, making them all naturally kind enough to make a big deal out of Robyn’s older daughters’ quarantine birthdays and naturally nurturing enough to care for Sol and Ari. Christine always strikes me as so open and warm, which is why her feelings about her role in the family are so sad. The way she openly hugged and enjoyed her time with the other polygamous family and then also Audrey’s parents during the wedding planning was so different than the other Brown adults. She would have SUCH a better life outside this mess. Someone get her some real therapy, a nice boyfriend, and an interest or hobby that would come with a set of nice friends to hang out with.

Bringing it back to Mykelti, I’m sure the baby will be fine. Everyone parents their own way, and everyone makes their own mistakes too. Nothing in that bathtub photo is alarming. They seem like a sweet, happy little family bonding with their beautiful baby.

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I think Christine is just the most loving person in the family, and that explains why everyone else’s kids love her, but her kids don’t need to get any outside love beyond their own mom, so they don’t seem close to the other moms. I think Truely is close with Solomon because they are close in age, and Robyn’s two youngest kids are the only kids Truely gets to be a big sister to. There’s also a big gap between her and her other siblings. Also, because Christine really does consider herself a mom to everyone in the family, she would have passed that on to her kids, making them all naturally kind enough to make a big deal out of Robyn’s older daughters’ quarantine birthdays and naturally nurturing enough to care for Sol and Ari. Christine always strikes me as so open and warm, which is why her feelings about her role in the family are so sad. The way she openly hugged and enjoyed her time with the other polygamous family and then also Audrey’s parents during the wedding planning was so different than the other Brown adults. She would have SUCH a better life outside this mess. Someone get her some real therapy, a nice boyfriend, and an interest or hobby that would come with a set of nice friends to hang out with.

Bringing it back to Mykelti, I’m sure the baby will be fine. Everyone parents their own way, and everyone makes their own mistakes too. Nothing in that bathtub photo is alarming. They seem like a sweet, happy little family bonding with their beautiful baby.

Agree with all of this. And as long as she doesn't attempt a singing career, I really hope she manages to find her happiness and self-empowerment. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 4/15/2021 at 4:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNrMz2FF553/

As long as I’m here, another video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnHkYKh7nB/

ARG!!!  Every single link that has been posted from Instagram today has required me to logon.  I don’t have Instagram, so I haven’t seen anything that has been posted as a link.  Usually I don’t need an account to use the link.  Wonder if that is part of the new site update? 🙁

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

#shewaswatchesthewholetime

Huh?  Isn't the point of hashtags to help people search for similar stuff?  That doesn't even make any sense.

And the kids gets laid across a car seat for pictures?  No brick wall to prop her against like their usual backgrounds?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I have questions.

Why is Avalon laying on the seat of a car?  I'm trying to figure out any scenario where I would bring my baby into my car for a photo.  I'm not suggesting that's how they drive her around, but it's so odd.  And Mykelti is going to let the baby's hair figure itself out?  It's baby hair, it's going to change.  Don't worry about it.

Also, given what's going on in the world of the Duggars, I find the hashtagging of your 5-week old child's name inappropriate.  JMO.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And Mykelti is going to let the baby's hair figure itself out?  It's baby hair, it's going to change.  Don't worry about it.

I think that's what she's doing.  Some people try to use products to make a baby's hair cooperate and lay down especially if they have hair that stands straight up, but she's just letting Avalon's hair do what it does.  

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Why is Avalon laying on the seat of a car? 

Probably just had her diaper changed while at the beach.  Some modesty is nice and better than people who change them on public picnic tables.  If Avalon was born in a tub, she may have an affinity for water.  A sunbonnet would be nice unless it is a very short visit.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't have kids and I fully admit to not knowing much about babies and children but I definitely feel like they need to put a hat and sunglasses on that newborn baby.  Protect that new baby from the sun!

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've never been a mom, but isn't 5 weeks a bit on the young side for them to be taking her to the beach? 

Especially a public beach in the middle of a pandemic.  People are drawn to babies and I can't see these famewhores telling people to stand back.  For heaven's sake, they have her full name  and birthdate all over SM.  Can you say identity theft?

3 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I don't have kids but I can hear my own mother's voice screaming at them to put a hat and sunglasses on that newborn baby. 

Ditto.  Let's set her up for skin cancer and cataracts from the get go.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 9

In the first photo, she looks dry and the second one looks like she has been dipped in the water, her hair and skin appear wet.  Babies do not develop a shiver response to naturally warm themselves until about 5-6 months.  It can be very dangerous to expose an infant to less than body temperature water.  

• Love 9