Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My thought is that they had no health insurance growing up so didn't have any way to pay for them.

In most cases they were available for free from the health department.  But it may have been one of those "they will come after us" things with the idiot parents so they didn't seek vaccines out.

A parent that will get their dog vaccinated but not their kids (and willingly watch them suffer) doesn't deserve to have them.

• Like 15
7 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

In most cases they were available for free from the health department.  But it may have been one of those "they will come after us" things with the idiot parents so they didn't seek vaccines out.

A parent that will get their dog vaccinated but not their kids (and willingly watch them suffer) doesn't deserve to have them.

You are probably right about the "they will come after us".  

• Like 6

Christine's grandfather -- the one who was the prophet in their cult and was murdered -- he was a chiropractor and homeopath.

Their antivax sentiment goes beyond "they will come after us." They prefer pseudoscience.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)

The chicken pox vaccine was not available in the US until 1995.  So anyone born before that date and had chicken pox is harboring the shingles virus in their body. Now there is a shingles vaccine and of course there are those who will not get this vaccination. 

Just what was Mykelti going to do with the honey and onion "cure?" These people are so stupid. I wonder what Hunter thinks about this? 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 12

So Tony has a job now?  And isn't Mykelti selling the miracle pink Plexus drink?  There was a video of her singing the praises of Plexus. She was practically jumping up and down with enthusiasm over this and even mentioned it was developed with diabetes in mind or some such nonsense. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, General Days said:

Christine's grandfather -- the one who was the prophet in their cult and was murdered -- he was a chiropractor and homeopath.

I sort of knew this, but this past weekend I watched Daughters of the Cult on Hulu and the story of the two warring plyg factions, and how so many people were murdered, including Christine's grandfather.  Some of Rulon Allred's sons were interviewed, and I was thinking - those are Christine's uncles.  Weird.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

02DE2FEB-F2E2-44C5-B5CB-08DC36033B2E.jpeg

AEF54A29-EBA9-4815-849D-5BEED3B31BAC.jpeg

Oddly enough this post has been edited. Someone capped the original post over on reddit.

The original said..."I'll always forever be grateful to Mykelti for accepting David into my life before the rest of my kids. She is ALWAYS been so supportive and LOVES David. They have an incredible relationship." 

People being people someone called her out in the comments for editing and the comments got shut off.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I sort of knew this, but this past weekend I watched Daughters of the Cult on Hulu and the story of the two warring plyg factions, and how so many people were murdered, including Christine's grandfather.  Some of Rulon Allred's sons were interviewed, and I was thinking - those are Christine's uncles.  Weird.

Me too!!!!  Wasn't that fucking wild??  Anna, daughter of Ervil, looked like Christine to me but I don't think they are related. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Me too!!!!  Wasn't that fucking wild??  Anna, daughter of Ervil, looked like Christine to me but I don't think they are related. 

Right, and I sat there thinking, oh - I see where Christine's kids get their height, because Ervil was so tall, but then I remembered - wrong plyg family, lol. Christine's dad is Rex, who was one of the sons of Rulon Allred, who was killed by Ervil LeBaron's cult.  It is so messed up.  What those people lived through was terrifying.  I give all of them props for being able to talk about it.

If you want more, FYI - there is a podcast called Deliver Us From Ervil.

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Right, and I sat there thinking, oh - I see where Christine's kids get their height, because Ervil was so tall, but then I remembered - wrong plyg family, lol. Christine's dad is Rex, who was one of the sons of Rulon Allred, who was killed by Ervil LeBaron's cult.  It is so messed up.  What those people lived through was terrifying.  I give all of them props for being able to talk about it.

Thank you!  

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If memory serves (correct me if I am wrong) but Christine is related to both? I think her mother, Annie, is related to Ervil.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
15 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

If memory serves (correct me if I am wrong) but Christine is related to both? I think her mother, Annie, is related to Ervil.

That is what I was wondering!  She does look related to Anna from Ervil.  What struck me about Anna was when she talked about Ervil asking her to make him a cup of coffee and that was the 1st time she had met her father.  

Very shallow comment about Aaron Lebarron:  In his photo he looked kinda handsome (even though he was a nutter) but when there was video of him it was striking how homely he was/is.  Yeah I know.  Shallow.

The gene pool from this entire group is more of a gene puddle.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Oddly enough this post has been edited. Someone capped the original post over on reddit.

The original said..."I'll always forever be grateful to Mykelti for accepting David into my life before the rest of my kids. She is ALWAYS been so supportive and LOVES David. They have an incredible relationship." 

People being people someone called her out in the comments for editing and the comments got shut off.

Yesh. Here's a screenshot (that I got from Reddit), of Christine's Instagram post, before she edited it.

The "before the rest of my kids" seems to me like it was a passive-aggressive swipe at her other children.

sister wives christine wedding unedited instagram mykelti tribute.jpeg

• Like 9

I quoted the above posts about Christine's resemblance/connection to Anna LeBaron (of the Daughters of the Cult docu-series), and posted about them in the Christine thread, HERE.

Long story short: Christine is an Allred and a LeBaron (Annie, Christine's mom, was a niece of Ervil. So Annie's uncle had her father-in-law murdered, when Christine was just a little girl.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
17 hours ago, General Days said:

Long story short: Christine is an Allred and a LeBaron (Annie, Christine's mom, was a niece of Ervil. So Annie's uncle had her father-in-law murdered, when Christine was just a little girl.)

Good to know!  Any wonder why Annie GTFO of that situation?  The interfamily murders in order to gain control were horrible.

• Like 7
On 1/8/2024 at 3:44 PM, General Days said:

Yesh. Here's a screenshot (that I got from Reddit), of Christine's Instagram post, before she edited it.

The "before the rest of my kids" seems to me like it was a passive-aggressive swipe at her other children.

sister wives christine wedding unedited instagram mykelti tribute.jpeg

Just kissing her ass to keep her from being the little weasel with Douchie & Crybrows.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Just kissing her ass to keep her from being the little weasel with Douchie & Crybrows.

I think Christine is working through her own guilt over certain issues with her kids. She's trying, in her Christiney way, to set things right. Sometimes, Christine's issues manifest in passive-aggression. We've seen that on the show, since the beginning.

I think Christine is actively trying to make amends, not to best Robyn and Kody, but because she loves Mykelti and feels bad about things in their past. Although, I do think she would think if she showed up Robyn and Kody in the process, Christine would see that as a bonus. Issues: she has them.

This time (the wedding Instagram), Christine made a misstep in trying to show her appreciation of Mykelti, but I think the desire to show her gratitude was sincere. The fandom lionized Christine in wake of her divorce, but she is not perfect. She's just a person doing her best, while tending to her own damage, and trying to have a better second half of her life than she did in the first half.

ABOUT MYKELTI

In the early seasons of the show, the kids who stuck out to me as deeply unhappy were Leon, Mykelti, and Hunter. (Maddie was angry in the wake of the move to Vegas, but she was normal teen angry. Meanwhile, parentified Logan and Aspyn reacted by being too good to be true.)

Since this is the Mykelti thread, I'll stick to her. I think Mykelti was treated poorly, not only by the other older kids and Meri, but also by Kody and Christine. I think the family had sort of a pack mentality, and didn't consider Mykelti part of the pack.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to subscribe to Mykelti's Patreon if you have a distaste for her. That said, on Patreon, Mykelti is far more relaxed than she is on the show — more vulnerable and much more herself. Her voice is even more natural. She's likable, and she has a sense of humor, even about herself.

On her Patreon, I see a young woman who is still working on her issues too. And she's honest about that, sometimes painfully so. Other times, she is less than candid (and those times seem pretty obvious to me), usually out of a desire not to hang a family member out to dry.

Yeah, she seems to be a devotee of pseudo-scientific "medicine": let your kids get chickenpox, have your placenta dried and put into capsules, and take as a supplement to combat postpartum, soak an onion in honey blah blah blah.

The day I take medical advice from reality TV show subjects is the day my family should tell a court I am a danger to myself and others. Just like with their MLM stuff, anyone who thinks this whole family's pseudo-science makes medical sense was already primed to fall for it, anyhow.

Mykelti's mother, Slay Queen Christine, raised her to trust that sort ignorance cloaked as folk wisdom. And Christine was indoctrinated with it from a long line of cultists. That's their only lasting "polygamist royalty" inheritance, poor things.

(Btw, Mykelti specifically got the onion in honey remedy from Maddie, who is a big naturopathy fan. And I'll note here, Grandma Sheryl was an actual nurse and wasn't even raised in Mormonism, in case people are wondering where that buck stops.) 

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

I do feel bad for Mykelti largely because of the story about the stupid ring she was denied because she supposedly did something at around 12 years old that ruined her purity or something.  I never fully understood what that was about, but I am sure it hurt.  My problem is that I guarantee you that came from Kody and Christine was just doing his bidding by enforcing it.  Christine got all the blame from Mykelti for that I can't imagine being that age and being told you have to earn your way into the family and get some stupid piece of junk jewelry.  And to top it off, there was never any indication of how she was supposed to do this.  As I understand it, Christine finally went and got Mykelti some sort of ring herself.

My issue with Christine's statement is that she threw the rest of her kids under the bus to supposedly make amends to Mykelti and that's not cool.  I will expand on that in the Christine thread.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I do feel bad for Mykelti largely because of the story about the stupid ring she was denied because she supposedly did something at around 12 years old that ruined her purity or something.  I never fully understood what that was about, but I am sure it hurt.  My problem is that I guarantee you that came from Kody and Christine was just doing his bidding by enforcing it.  Christine got all the blame from Mykelti for that I can't imagine being that age and being told you have to earn your way into the family and get some stupid piece of junk jewelry.  And to top it off, there was never any indication of how she was supposed to do this.  As I understand it, Christine finally went and got Mykelti some sort of ring herself.

My issue with Christine's statement is that she threw the rest of her kids under the bus to supposedly make amends to Mykelti and that's not cool.  I will expand on that in the Christine thread.

I don't remember the ring story!  Does anyone recall offhand what episode or season that mentioned that?

• Like 5

It wasn't in an episode.  Someone imported part of a post on Reddit talking about a live Mykelti did where she talked about the story.  I find her annoying on the whole, but I did feel bad for her in that situation and I think it informs a lot of her desperate quest for approval now.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I don’t think Christine was throwing the rest of her kids under the bus. I think the wording was off.  Of course I could be wrong, won’t be a first. Either way it was a poor choice of words on Christine’s part.

• Like 12
On 1/10/2024 at 12:10 PM, General Days said:

Yeah, she seems to be a devotee of pseudo-scientific "medicine": let your kids get chickenpox, have your placenta dried and put into capsules, and take as a supplement to combat postpartum, soak an onion in honey blah blah blah.

What was soaking the onion in honey supposed to do? Was she going to rub on the non-chicken pox? That would probably be painful.

• Like 7
42 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What was soaking the onion in honey supposed to do? Was she going to rub on the non-chicken pox? That would probably be painful.

No. They weren't related, or weren't directly related. I think Mykelti said Maddie told her to do it for a cough remedy.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
20 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think Mykelti said Maddie told her to do it for a cough remedy.

Yes, nothing suppresses a cough better than sucking on an onion.

Lawdy, these people.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Yes, nothing suppresses a cough better than sucking on an onion.

Lawdy, these people.

Just googled it.  I guess it is a thing.  Sounds icky but whatever.  Here is another:

Another “hack” involving onions consists of soaking chopped onions in water for up to 12 hours and then drinking the onion water, claiming it clears congestion.

• Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 1

I had a friend whose family swore by the onion remedy.  They didn't use honey, though; they'd cover a cut onion in white sugar and let it steep until the sugar liquified.  Then they'd take the sugar syrup by the spoonful, like - and in lieu of - OTC cold meds.  I don't see the harm in the Brown girls trying homeopathic remedies.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Right. I agree, @GeorgiaRai.

I think Mykelti should / should have vaccinated her kids against chickenpox.

Since she didn't (or if she did, since they only had one shot and it didn't prevent infection), I can see her looking for home remedies to treat the kids' misery.

Colloidal oatmeal baths help with chickenpox. I know. I had it as an adult (before the vaccine).

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mykelti eventually said it wasn’t chickenpox

Presumably the child had spots in order for chicken pox to even cross their minds?  So what were they? 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Quof said:

Presumably the child had spots in order for chicken pox to even cross their minds?  So what were they? 

She mentioned either hand, foot and mouth, or foot and mouth disease. I don’t remember now. I don’t know if it was diagnosed.

• Useful 5

It's hand, foot, and mouth and since I've seen both chickenpox and hand, foot, and mouth, I really would never confuse them.  Mykelti, however, does not seem like a Dr Mom type.  

• Like 9
  • Wink 1
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Just googled it.  I guess it is a thing.  Sounds icky but whatever.  Here is another:

Another “hack” involving onions consists of soaking chopped onions in water for up to 12 hours and then drinking the onion water, claiming it clears congestion.

Or maybe..you know... take the onion and make some soup 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Or maybe..you know... take the onion and make some soup 🙄

When I was a kid back in the dark ages (LOL) my mom always made onion soup when I had a bad cold and congestion.   Inhaling the steam from the hot soup and eating it really did clear up my congestion!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

When I was a kid back in the dark ages (LOL) my mom always made onion soup when I had a bad cold and congestion.   Inhaling the steam from the hot soup and eating it really did clear up my congestion!

When I was a teen, I babysat an Italian family. The mother gave her toddlers raw onions to eat (like an apple).  As far as I know they never had a cold. They must have been some kind of sweet onion as the kids ate them with gusto.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

What the ever loving heck is going on there?? The other baby is playing with Tony's toes???  Not a photo I would post even under duress!!

I'd have Ace in a cool bath trying to bring the temp down some, not cuddle up with him and share my body heat!!

Depending on how high the fever, I'd be calling the dr!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 9

That picture is just creepy.  I can't make heads or tails out of what is going in.  

Mykelti has the common sense of a turnip.  I know she is going the Earth Mother route but if she doesn't even what to give the kid some Tylenol there are methods for cooling him down.

I was an ER nurse and people were always wrapping their kids in 8 layers of blankets and then racing the kid to the ER because they had a temp.  Strip them down to a diaper and a T shirt, for heaven sake.

• Like 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

What are all the symbols on the various limbs? They seem too advanced for toddlers to have created as doodles.

I don't see any symbols. Is there another pix I'm not seeing? All I see is a tumbled body parts.

ETA on closer look they look like fine veins. Why would a baby have these?

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't see any symbols. Is there another pix I'm not seeing? All I see is a tumbled body parts.

ETA on closer look they look like fine veins. Why would a baby have these?

Cleaned my screen in case it was that. Still see what appears to be bruising above Mykelti's knee and what almost appears to be chemist symbols below.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

That's Mykelti's leg. In the video posted on her Instagram, She is holding the baby who is sick and Avalon is drawing on her leg and toes. The other baby is crawling around and over them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
45 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

That's Mykelti's leg. In the video posted on her Instagram, She is holding the baby who is sick and Avalon is drawing on her leg and toes. The other baby is crawling around and over them. 

That makes the best sense! Thanks!! Mystery solved!

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

When I was a teen, I babysat an Italian family. The mother gave her toddlers raw onions to eat (like an apple).  As far as I know they never had a cold. They must have been some kind of sweet onion as the kids ate them with gusto.

My husband is still horrified after all these years when he sees me chopping onions and snacking on them as I go. The hotter the  better !! 😁

• Like 6
(edited)

When my DD was in her late teen's, she had a friend that would eat green onions/scallions(?) by the bunch and she swore she never got a cold!!

So as not to stray too much off topic, I wonder how the drawing on Mykelti's body parts got started. Do they have a paper shortage? I don't get that part of the pix.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 6
On 1/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, 65mickey said:

The chicken pox vaccine was not available in the US until 1995.  So anyone born before that date and had chicken pox is harboring the shingles virus in their body. Now there is a shingles vaccine and of course there are those who will not get this vaccination. 

Shingrix is a two stage vaccine and really has problematic side effects for many. I had gotten Zostavax, the old vaccine but it was only 50% effective….then I got shingles. After I healed I got the Shingrix vaccine. I mean, I’m glad I did since shingles is horrible but I was very ill for 2 months after the second Shingrix vaccine. I get asked all the time for my recommendation and Intake sone time to explain my answer. 

• Hugs 6
  • Useful 1