Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, zenme said:

Gross.  I don't wanna see 2 unattractives on my screen for an hour each week...We already do this with all the other TLC shows.

They probably thought having twins was their Golden Ticket to a spinoff.

No one wants to watch Robyn and Kody play abuela and abuelo to their 3 kiddies.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

The counter can be cleaned. I am more concerned about safety. She could slip and fall faster than mom could catch her.

Ya know - I was thinking that same thing and then thought - wow - maybe I am a heathen!  I know we sat the grands on the counter while we were cooking. In diapers and clothes. Then we cleaned it all up and we are fine. She looks happy and seems well cared for. A little squirt of plexus - Um I mean cleaner - would solve the dirty feet issue.  Does it seem like Mykelti is faking seeming to enjoy her life? Doesn't know any better? We wouldn't want to be with Tony but seems like she does. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I know we sat the grands on the counter while we were cooking. In diapers and clothes. Then we cleaned it all up and we are fine.

My feeling is that Avalon got up there by herself and was photographed because it was "just so cute".  She appears to run rampant with no attempt at control, there was recently a post about Avalon squirting baby formula on her hands and the couch.

It's one thing to put a kid on a counter and clean up after them, quite another to let them rule the roost. Especially, as has been noted, a potentially dangerous activity that appears to go unchecked. 

• Like 11
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Does it seem like Mykelti is faking seeming to enjoy her life? Doesn't know any better? We wouldn't want to be with Tony but seems like she does. 

That little girl is a mini-Mykelti.

When compared to Maddie, I feel like Mykelti is more authentic in her posts, but I also think it's because she and Tony just don't think things through - like when Tony posted his former office at the bank covered with stuffed animals...that's really not someone I want to talk to about refinancing my mortgage.  Or when Mykelti "quite" her job.  Or Avalon dancing barefoot on a counter.  Maddie's posts bother me more because she can't stop the whole "Mom life!  Tired!  Baby awake!  No sleep!" shtick that's not at all interesting or unique.  No one made you have three babies - babies tend to not sleep according to mom's schedule so I don't get what she wants out of those posts besides attention and pity?  Meanwhile, Mykelti is breezing through the day selling Minnie Mouse-printed leggings online and apparently making a living from it, and if she's exhausted, she either handles it better, Tony is actually pitching in, or she doesn't care.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 15
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

My feeling is that Avalon got up there by herself and was photographed because it was "just so cute".  She appears to run rampant with no attempt at control, there was recently a post about Avalon squirting baby formula on her hands and the couch.

It's one thing to put a kid on a counter and clean up after them, quite another to let them rule the roost. Especially, as has been noted, a potentially dangerous activity that appears to go unchecked. 

Between dirt and grime, this is another reason not to put a kid on a counter - because they think its okay. All my kids were climbers, but one in particular was a monkey. I feel like I spent much of their toddler years saying, get down before you get hurt, don't touch that its hot/sharp, etc. 

Similar to what we're discussing in the Duggar threads, accidents are going to happen, but why not try and decrease the odds.

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Between dirt and grime, this is another reason not to put a kid on a counter - because they think its okay. All my kids were climbers, but one in particular was a monkey. I feel like I spent much of their toddler years saying, get down before you get hurt, don't touch that its hot/sharp, etc. 

Similar to what we're discussing in the Duggar threads, accidents are going to happen, but why not try and decrease the odds.

Of course safety first.  This is one picture posted.  We can assume Avalon counter plays up there all the time unsupervised or we can assume she got up there or someone put her there for the picture and down she goes. Or somewhere in between.  Hard to know with one picture.  I think we have a grand standing on a counter.  Picture taken, down he came, cleaner used.  I read Carolyn Hax advice column in the Washington post on line and Lots of mothers of young children bemoan their fate of tired, no sleep, blah blah.  Did no one warn them that babies have their own schedules?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Maddie's posts bother me more because she can't stop the whole "Mom life!  Tired!  Baby awake!  No sleep!" shtick that's not at all interesting or unique.  No one made you have three babies - babies tend to not sleep according to mom's schedule so I don't get what she wants out of those posts besides attention and pity? 

See bolded.  I bet tons of her followers bemoan her terrible fate and send love and prayers. Barf.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

She appears to run rampant with no attempt at control, there was recently a post about Avalon squirting baby formula on her hands and the couch.

Does this remind you of anyone else's parenting (*cough* Robyn/Ari *cough*)?

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile, Mykelti is breezing through the day selling Minnie Mouse-printed leggings online and apparently making a living from it, and if she's exhausted, she either handles it better, Tony is actually pitching in, or she doesn't care.

I suspect Mykelti is invested in following the Lularoe "I love my life" directives that dictate keeping up appearances that everything is wonderful. Maddie sells plex-ick but apparently that MLM doesn't have the same imperative.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Maddie sells plex-ick but apparently that MLM doesn't have the same imperative.

Correct, we know more about Maddie's awesome poops than her awesome life.

• LOL 5

I read Carolyn Hax advice column in the Washington post on line and Lots of mothers of young children bemoan their fate of tired, no sleep, blah blah.  Did no one warn them that babies have their own schedules?

Love Hax!

Even if someone did warn them, living through it is the only way to understand what it's really like. There's nothing wrong with asking for advice on how to cope (Hax) or venting about it on social media or even (gasp!) wanting a little sympathy. Raising small humans, even ones you wanted and had on purpose, is really hard.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Raising small humans, even ones you wanted and had on purpose, is really hard.

Sure it is!  But after one and two, both with issues, why have a third and then whine about it?  She was not a first time mother.

Reference that old saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A note on the Tony discussion: We probably all agree that Tony can be very odd at times. And while we are no psychologists, nor know him personally, I have to say that he strongly reminds me of someone with what we used to call Asperger. 

I actually think he is highly intelligent though it may not always show or be very obvious. He’s obsessed with certain things like chess and computer games, has a peculiar interest in books describing whatever theories and doesn’t care for much outside of that. His social skills are poor and he only focusses on himself. And he talks….he talks a lot, even when he shouldn’t be talking, he’s talking. And the wedding was a Tony-show from preparations till the end, with little regard for what Mykelti wanted. It does match what I noticed with him before: A struggle to get what other people want or need. He doesn’t notice it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

While my primary opinion of Mykelti is a big eyeroll followed by a side eye, one pic of a kid on a counter isn’t really a big deal. Never let my kids climb up there bc too much they can get into or fall, but one pic, whatever. Bare feet, yea that’s gross, but it would take 30 seconds to wipe it back down and be clean again. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

While my primary opinion of Mykelti is a big eyeroll followed by a side eye, one pic of a kid on a counter isn’t really a big deal. Never let my kids climb up there bc too much they can get into or fall, but one pic, whatever. Bare feet, yea that’s gross, but it would take 30 seconds to wipe it back down and be clean again. 

True, though when you combine it with the constant messy smearing of milk and food all over the place, plus the doll baby stroller incident, the routine dancing on the counter becomes more questionable (she's been up there "on stage" a few times before).

• Like 6
On 3/29/2023 at 6:30 PM, Cetacean said:

Sure it is!  But after one and two, both with issues, why have a third and then whine about it?  She was not a first time mother.

Reference that old saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I know Evie was born with FATCO, but what issues does Axel have?

2 minutes ago, General Days said:

Thanks, @ginger90. Was that ever talked about on the show, or do people just know from social media/reporting?

I honestly don’t know. She posted about it, and from that there were articles written.

• Like 3
On 3/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, LilyD said:

A note on the Tony discussion: We probably all agree that Tony can be very odd at times. And while we are no psychologists, nor know him personally, I have to say that he strongly reminds me of someone with what we used to call Asperger. 

I actually think he is highly intelligent though it may not always show or be very obvious. He’s obsessed with certain things like chess and computer games, has a peculiar interest in books describing whatever theories and doesn’t care for much outside of that. His social skills are poor and he only focusses on himself. And he talks….he talks a lot, even when he shouldn’t be talking, he’s talking. And the wedding was a Tony-show from preparations till the end, with little regard for what Mykelti wanted. It does match what I noticed with him before: A struggle to get what other people want or need. He doesn’t notice it.

So..she married her dad.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
On 3/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Yeah, what I remember is Tony going on and on about how HE needed 4,000 tacos because he's Mexican, HE wanted a Tres Leches cake because he's Mexican, He wanted a chess cake because he plays chess, HE needed to approve Mykelti's dress because when he saw her on the wedding day and he didn't like it he would tell her that, HE wanted her hair down, HE had to have pinatas because he's Mexican and his pinata had to have Mexican candy only.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Mexican traditions or incorporating your culture and heritage into your wedding but that wedding was ALL Tony and his traditions.  There was very little of Mykelti in that mess of a wedding from what I could see.  

As a Mexican, I can assure you tacos are not the typical meal served at a wedding and pinatas are not for weddings either. What is tradition in Mexico, is for the GROOM to pay for the wedding (though it's also acceptable to have family and friends "sponsor" you) but any groom worth his salt, does it on his own or with HIS family's help. So, I don't know what Tony was going on about.

Edited by HoneyBeach
Adde comment.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 15
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am guessing Tony has a pony tail in that picture.  He may have lost weight or someone photoshopped the picture.

He's a stay at home dad and recently joined a gym so I think he has lost a lot of weight. But I agree, the hair is just pulled back.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Tony is in the background of a photo in Janelle’s thread.  She’s holding the twins so the photo is only a week or so old.  His hair is not cut.  Can’t tell about his weight 

His shirt got my attention.  I’m curious as to what it looked like.  

On 4/10/2023 at 11:14 AM, suzeecat said:

IF The Sun is to be believed, Tony has lost weight and cut his hair. 

That's a really big if.  The latest pictures seem to show that not only has he not cut his hair, it's longer and bigger than ever. 

And he looks SO much better in the picture where it is apparently tucked up under the baseball cap.

• Like 7
(edited)

I just posted a reply in the social media thread about Mykelti, who at one point said that “she married her dad”…It really got me thinking about Mykelti:  How could it be, that one of the most free-spirited, rebellious and quirky Brown kids ended up with a partner that looks so much like her dad? I’d never have pointed at her 10 years ago.

Tony is so much like Kody, albeit in his own unique way! True, he’s definitely more laid-back, and no polygamist, but that’s about it. He is as bossy, stubborn and controlling as Kody. He talks the same (sometimes scary) nonsense as Kody about all kinds of things and worldly matters and is as erratic and self-centered as King Kody himself. Oh and neither ever seems to have a “real” grown up job, work very little, yet magically bring the dollars home??

I am not saying Mykelti is unhappy, nor that it is a bad marriage. She seems ok and content with her life and really enjoys her children. But I do find this older, more mature Mykelti meek, without all the fire and passion she had until a few years back….

Edited by LilyD
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

I just posted a reply in the social media thread about Mykelti, who at one point said that “she married her dad”…It really got me thinking about Mykelti:  How could it be, that one of the most free-spirited, rebellious and quirky Brown kids ended up with a partner that looks so much like her dad? I’d never have pointed at her 10 years ago.

Tony is so much like Kody, albeit in his own unique way! True, he’s definitely more laid-back, and no polygamist, but that’s about it. He is as bossy, stubborn and controlling as Kody. He talks the same (sometimes scary) nonsense as Kody about all kinds of things and worldly matters and is as erratic and self-centered as King Kody himself. Oh and neither ever seems to have a “real” grown up job, work very little, yet magically bring the dollars home??

I am not saying Mykelti is unhappy, nor that it is a bad marriage. She seems ok and content with her life and really enjoys her children. But I do find this older, more mature Mykelti meek, without all the fire and passion she had until a few years back….

My armchair take on Mykelti...

Christine once said that she was disturbed by how Mykelti seemed like a different person around Tony.  Instead of loud and obnoxious, she was as you described, meek and quiet. At the time Mykelti told Christine that she felt "safe" with Tony. That seemed to appease her.

Just from watching the show, Mykelti didn't seem to fit in with the older kids, but not with the younger as well. They described her as scatty, flighty and immature...but those same things are prevalent in Kody. Her acting out was most likely the classic child not having their needs met and accepting negative attention as the only attention they could get. She got to watch how the whole family screamed and jumped for joy when Maddie announced that she had a fiance vs just a boyfriend and that Christine jumped and screamed the loudest as well as Kody crying with the joy of how beautiful Maddie was in a strapless wedding dress...vs how he behaved the entire time Mykelti was doing the wedding planning AND how indifferent he was on her wedding day...then in the talking head saying he wanted her strapless dress to "be more modest". She got to see Janelle get pissy about Mykelti trying to elbow in on Maddies experience and said that Mykelti is SO close in age to Maddie...but SOO immature. Hopefully Tony fulfills her needs where her family failed.

Tony does have a lot of more quiet Kody-like traits. A young girl, wanting attention and respect from her father...never gets it and finds a guy LIKE her father who only has eyes for her (and a TLC paycheck). However Tony seems to take her seriously and accept her as she is, if she is happy and content with him great, hopefully he treats her and the kids well behind the cameras...but I'm still skeeved out that he seems to prefer the "get rich with no actual work" mentality. yet Mykelti is pushing the MLMs. Hopefully he is really hands on with the littles...as well as helping with the MLM stuff behind the scenes.

• Like 11

I think the bottom line is Mykelti was lonely. Her mother kicked her out of the house when she dropped out of college. She didn't know anyone in St. George except her "boss" (the owner of the pawn shop). Along came Tony, and his similarity to her father made him seem familiar, and therefore safe. 

I didn't like the way he treated her on the "hike" up to where he proposed. And there were cameras! However, she does seem happy and seems to adore Tony and the kids, so I suppose it worked out. Marrying Tony seemed like a rebellious gesture at the time - at least to her mother. The way they all treated her around her engagement and wedding was despicable, and I'm sure it strengthened the bond between her and Tony further.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Yes, they weren’t very supportive toward Mykelti to say the least. The family was 100% into the golden couple’s wedding and had some serious concerns about Mykelti’s whirlwind engagement (which I totally got at the time).

But I will say that I found both Mykelti’s and Tony’s behaviour between their engagement and wedding pretty obnoxious and immature. It really was the Tony and Mykelti show, with lots of silly and immature decisions and behaviour. I can see why the family wasn’t leaping for joy back then.

• Like 20

He had to have cut out the junk food plus been diligent about the gym workouts.  Whatever plexus he took was just something on the side.  It was good for him to get his weight down though.  I'm sure some followers will believe it was due to plexus and they'll make some sales.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm sure some followers will believe it was due to plexus and they'll make some sales.

Oh sales are sure to soar among the followers.  I'd love to hear how they actually make out. 

Everyone who buys snake oil thinks it's the only thing they need to drink and the weight will fall off.  If any of that was true, we'd be a nation of skinny folks.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I’ve run hot and cold on Mykelti over the years. 
The latest, she’s going on a two week trip with other members of the family. Tony will be staying with the kids at his mom’s for the first week, and then back home for the second week. She named the family members that are going, and gave the day she and Tony are leaving their house.

That’s my story for today.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1