Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

Watching Mykelti and Kody's livestream rewatch of "Coronapocalypse" on their Patreon and they are completely defending Robyn (and Kody). They're essentially trying to counteract all the backlash. It's quite stunning. I bet Kody put them up to it. 

They say Robyn's tears are real but she doesn't want to smear her makeup, doesn't want to look unattractive on camera. They say there was no physical abuse between Kody and Christine, but that they emotionally abused each other in equal measure.

ETA they are totally whitewashing the housing situation that has Robyn in a giant home and Janelle in an RV followed by a tiny rental. And they are contradicting themselves - saying it's hard to find a house or a rental in Flagstaff, limited availability - but also that Janelle loves cozy spaces and wouldn't want anything big. Tony even tried comparing Christine's and Robyn's house, saying that Christine's house was large also.

Also Mykelti said that when her mom moved to "Murray" (town near Salt Lake) she had just barely given birth to Avalon, but when they filmed the scene of her arriving at the new townhouse, Mykelti wasn't there because she was already heavily pregnant with the boys.

After they were done watching the episode, Mykelti answered a question about her childhood. She said they were so poor when they lived in Wyoming, that they ate day-old bread from a bakery that Winn owned. And they ate MREs - she said Kody stockpiled MREs. She also said she and Paedon are very close and that Kody was a better father to the older kids, because "as the kids multiplied it got harder" to be a good father for so many kids.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 6

Well if that's the way Mykelti is talking, she's going to lose customers quickly.

Pretty much nobody likes Kody and Robyn. I don't think that people will pay to hear nice things about them.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Libby said:

Well if that's the way Mykelti is talking, she's going to lose customers quickly.

Pretty much nobody likes Kody and Robyn. I don't think that people will pay to hear nice things about them.

I added a lot to my comment above - it was actually very interesting - biased, but revealing. Tony did say at the end that he feels a father should always take responsibility for reaching out to his kids if there are any issues, whether the kids are adults or not.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

They say Robyn's tears are real but she doesn't want to smear her makeup, doesn't want to look unattractive on camera.

So scrunching her face up like she's passing a kidney stone is her idea of attractive?

Mykelti has always been several sandwiches short of a full picnic basket so I have serious doubts about her observations.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

So scrunching her face up like she's passing a kidney stone is her idea of attractive?

Mykelti has always been several sandwiches short of a full picnic basket so I have serious doubts about her observations.

Oh I agree. In this livestream, she and Tony are total apologists for Robyn and in large part for Kody as well. 

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Please. Robyn's tears are more fake than Christine's breathy baby voice, Meri's self esteem, and Janelle's weight loss all put together.   

But Mykelti's massive thirst is clearly rill!  I can't stand that self-righteous know-it-all little suck up.  She needs to have several seats.  And Tony can eat a dick.  

I actually find Tony and Mykelti quite entertaining, despite (or because of) their delusional sucking up. However I expect the entertainment value to wear thin pretty quickly.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Libby said:

Comments were enabled during the livestream, and plenty of people called M & T out on their point of view and attempted to engage them about Kody and Robyn's hypocrisy and inconsistencies.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
On 1/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Tuxcat said:

Has the postpartum discussion been posted here yet? Mykelti did some sort of social media video that said postpartum depression was because "moms are used to attention when they are pregnant, and then they don't get enough when the baby comes." Then she recommends eating the placenta to replace all that "happy juice" that was in there before. Totally unhinged and inappropriate medical advice. 

Yep…in case anyone had doubts, Mykelti truly is Kody Brown’s daughter!  This sounds exactly like one of the idiotic things Kody could preach. What a shame, I had such high hopes for Mykelti….

• Like 11
9 hours ago, Libby said:

Doubt it. Look at how Meri talks — she’s actually shit-talked her customers, defends Kody and they keep coming back.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Mykelti said Robyn's tears are real.  How can non existent tears be real? 

Mykelti is correct: Those were real non existent tears 😉

11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Robyn's tears are real but she doesn't want to smear her makeup, doesn't want to look unattractive on camera.

Oooh come on, Mykelti. When I am so unhappy and desperate that I cry, I don't care that my make up is smeared, because that would be the least of my problems. 

• Like 17

Other things discussed in Mykelti's video...

I think that the family felt more comfortable with Caleb because he had a family connection . I think that they felt more comfortable with Mitch because he had a church connection. To them, Mykelti, who always seemed to make impulsive decisions, wanted to marry someone they knew nothing about. Of course Robyn didn't care. She doesn't care about any of the kids except her own. I think that that's why the non Robyn parents were so concerned about the Mykelti/Tony union. Thank goodness Mykelti was right and they turned out to be a good match.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 16

Mykelti was a damned brat about her wedding. I don't know why she didn't understand that slating her wedding two months after Maddie would have been too much for their folks, but it should have.

Also, and this is opinion, not fact: it seems pretty obvious to me that she and Tony were intimate, so I don't understand the rush.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Mykelti was a damned brat about her wedding. I don't know why she didn't understand that slating her wedding two months after Maddie would have been too much for their folks, but it should have.

Also, and this is opinion, not fact: it seems pretty obvious to me that she and Tony were intimate, so I don't understand the rush.

That was the only thing I agreed with her about. With that many kids, I didn’t think it was a big deal. So what if weddings are close together? I thought it showed real favoritism toward Maddie. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I think Mykelti is full of shit. If TLC paid for their weddings why was Mykelti making flowers to save money? Maybe they paid for the venue, but nothing else. IMO, Mykelti and Tony were pulling a 'Derick Dillard'. In other words, they figured out the parents were making some good money off their children's lives being filmed and demanded some of it, but M&T did by asking for more money for the wedding and honeymoon.

Also, there's no way the pandemic "rules" were TLC's. The first year TLC wasn't even there in person - the Browns filmed themselves. After that, filming was done outside, the crew were masked and the THs were done remotely. The cameraman was even masked - three years later - for the tell-alls.

If the Brown kidults want to make money off their 'fame', they'd do better to stick to the truth and their own opinions. They should know by now the fans and haters don't like it when their parents gaslight and lie to each other and certainly don't take kindly being lied to in these videos they're all doing.

• Like 16
12 hours ago, Libby said:

Other things discussed in Mykelti's video...

I think that the family felt more comfortable with Caleb because he had a family connection . I think that they felt more comfortable with Mitch because he had a church connection. To them, Mykelti, who always seemed to make impulsive decisions, wanted to marry someone they knew nothing about. Of course Robyn didn't care. She doesn't care about any of the kids except her own. I think that that's why the non Robyn parents were so concerned about the Mykelti/Tony union. Thank goodness Mykelti was right and they turned out to be a good match.

This makes me feel bad regarding her wedding. Some of us were mad at her for having everyone out in the cold, myself included, and it turns out she didn’t even want that (*hangs head in shame*). 

I also feel bad for her that she and Tony were treated so differently with their relationship/wedding than Maddie and Aspyn. Tony may have said some dumb things and made some bad jokes, but Tony and Mykelti seem very happy together. It’s sad their wedding seemed to be regarded as a less-serious event than Maddie or Aspyn’s. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

That was the only thing I agreed with her about. With that many kids, I didn’t think it was a big deal. So what if weddings are close together? I thought it showed real favoritism toward Maddie. 

I’m generally in your camp with this wedding stuff. With a bunch of kids in the same age bracket, there’s a big chance of having more than 1 wedding in 1 year. And yes, Maddie is the golden child that often got best.

I don’t think she was wrong to announce her engagement at the time (at such age, there will inevitably be more people with wedding plans and you can’t always take that into consideration) But in my opinion, she did cross a line with setting her wedding only a few months after Maddie. They were all busy planning Maddie’s big day and suddenly Mykelti dashes in, demanding the same courtesy time and attention because she had so little time to prepare. That wasn’t fair on Maddie nor Janelle. Postponing it for another 4 months would have made a huge difference but she refused to even think about it.

• Like 14

I hate to say it, but it sounds like these two are rewriting some history here.  When she dropped the news on Christine in Hawaii, I got a strong sense that part of Christine's negative reaction was due to the fact that she knew Kody would be angry and blame her.  She was still hoping to get back in his good graces at that time because he and Meri were on the outs and she knew that Mykelti's news would jeopardize that.  As someone else pointed out, if TLC was paying for the wedding, why all the cost-cutting measures from Mykelti?  The one thing I do believe is that Tony did intend the borrowing money thing as a joke.  He strikes me as the type who would make a joke without thinking of how it would go over.

• Like 9

I agree. I you HAVE to have a wedding now because TLC is gonna pay for it in winter,  then that’s on you, Mykelti. We all have choices in life and she made hers. Quit complaining. If someone else (TLC) is paying then you might expect they’d have some say in it and you won’t have complete control or get what you want. Shut up. You married Tony for chrissakes. Your standards can’t be that damn high.

• Like 4
  • LOL 15

IMO, Mykelti is back into the dreaded "M" club.  I thought motherhood would make her modify her behavior, and it seemed to, for a while.  Meri, Maddie, and the former name that Leo used, have always rubbed me the wrong way.  YMMV.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

IMO, Mykelti is back into the dreaded "M" club.  I thought motherhood would make her modify her behavior, and it seemed to, for a while.  Meri, Maddie, and the former name that Leo used, have always rubbed me the wrong way.  YMMV.

I agree with you. I don't care much for Maddie, Leon, and Mykelti. MLM. Figures. 😏

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

My guess is "TLC paid for the weddings" really amounts to: TLC gave them a budget. I suspect Mykelti did hers on the cheap, so she could get some of that money for her honeymoon.

19 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

A lot of planning and preparation goes into a wedding. One of my kids got married last year. I think if another had wanted to get married two months after, I'd have ended up in a padded room. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

I think Kody wanted to delay Mykelti's wedding so it could be fodder for the following season of the show.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, General Days said:

My guess is "TLC paid for the weddings" really amounts to: TLC gave them a budget. I suspect Mykelti did hers on the cheap, so she could get some of that money for her honeymoon.

A lot of planning and preparation goes into a wedding. One of my kids got married last year. I think if another had wanted to get married two months after, I'd have ended up in a padded room. 

Plyg perk: 4 moms to plan and prep so recovery time between weddings is only two months.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
Just now, Ms.Lulu said:

Plug perk: 4 moms to plan and prep so recovery time between weddings is only two months.

All those moms! You’d think they could handle it. 
Seriously, they could have gone to the courthouse at any time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

Tony acted like a total jerk and an idiot when he first met the family and I’m pretty sure if one of Robyn’s girls dragged Tony home and said they wanted to marry him kody would have to peel Robyn off the ceiling, kicking, clawing, hissing and pissing!!! 

I think Robyn enjoys it when one of the other wives kids stirs the pot, of course she loved Tony because it took the focus off her and her scheming plus it made her look like a saint and the idiots fell for it hook, line and sinker!…. Robyn did the same thing when Leon came out to the family, Robyn loved it and gushed all over Leon while Meri hesitated and acted uncomfortable.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like Mykelti always has a dramatic undertone of wanting to be the black sheep victim and looking for a fight. Negative attention is still attention, and she sees how martyrdom keeps Robyn in the cat bird seat. Plus it irritates her mom.

I thought that was Leon. 😂 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Mykelti and Tony can rewrite history all they want about how Tony was just misunerstood when they were planning the wedding.  He acted like a total ass with his demands and having his way on everything right down to being a part of the wedding dress selection. The dress that Mykelti liked he referred to as "old English white woman dress."  He demaned that Mykelti wear her hair the way that he wanted. He was insufferable.

Then we get to the meeting at the venue for the reception and of course the food has to be Mexican and Tony thinks they must plan for each of the 400 to 500 guests to have 10 tacos for a total of 4,000 street tacos! I guess he thinks everyone eats like he does as he sits at the tasting table and requests a second plate of food. Cost be damned. On to the wedding cake and what he wants of course. The entire wedding was based on what Tony wanted. I had to stop watching when they went to the bakery when Mykelti said to Tony it's your special day so I want to showcase you or some such nonsense.  Yep he was the star of the show. Barf! 

Mykelti and Tony are pushing to be a big part of next season. I can't stomach either one of them.  

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 21

Oh and this is one of the most annoying things about Tony.  He is constantly referencing white people like they are different from him.  I've got news for him, he's just as white as anyone else.  Having a Latinx heritage is not a race, it's a culture or nationality.  There are different races in Latinx countries.  Tony is an idiot.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I can't stomach anymore but I watched their interview with Ysabel. I like Ysabel. Mykelti and Tony on the other hand? Oh my. Tony seems controlling and self righteous. It's very clear. He's definitely like Kody. Mykelti tries to come off as educated and mature, but she's definitely not. It's like Christine's dramatic whisper voice. It's just fake. 

Anyway, they are done having kids is what I learned. "We are capping it at three." So it will be interesting to see them have baby number four soon.

I want to give you more than the laughing reply -- like also the applause, the thumbs, up, and the thank you.

*Applause*

*Thumbs up*

*Thank you*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I can't stomach anymore but I watched their interview with Ysabel. I like Ysabel. Mykelti and Tony on the other hand? Oh my. Tony seems controlling and self righteous. It's very clear. He's definitely like Kody. Mykelti tries to come off as educated and mature, but she's definitely not. It's like Christine's dramatic whisper voice. It's just fake. 

Anyway, they are done having kids is what I learned. "We are capping it at three." So it will be interesting to see them have baby number four soon.

I listened to some of it, fast-forwarding through a lot. When Tony started talking about "history" (or rather, his avowed belief in what he termed a "conspiracy theory" regarding the 1940s), I noped out and unsubscribed from their Patreon. Just so it does not auto-renew next month. The same video was posted publicly on YouTube anyway. I'm not sure he and Mykelti realize people pay for Patreon for early and/or "exclusive" content before it is shared with non-patrons. 

I thought Tony was just goofy and amusing, but his views are benighted (whether about Kody or infamous world historical figures) and I am no longer amused.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
33 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I listened to some of it, fast-forwarding through a lot. When Tony started talking about "history" (or rather, his avowed belief in what he termed a "conspiracy theory" regarding the 1940s), I noped out and unsubscribed from their Patreon. Just so it does not auto-renew next month. The same video was posted publicly on YouTube anyway. I'm not sure he and Mykelti realize people pay for Patreon for early and/or "exclusive" content before it is shared with non-patrons. 

I thought Tony was just goofy and amusing, but his views are benighted (whether about Kody or infamous world historical figures) and I am no longer amused.

Agreed. And the only reason he was sharing his "knowledge" (false conspiracy theory) was to show his tail feathers to Ysabel. As if he was saying "Oh you're studying history at the University of Utah? Well, hahahaha, I know way more than those professors and you - young woman." He is very much like Kody.

• Like 17
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Agreed. And the only reason he was sharing his "knowledge" (false conspiracy theory) was to show his tail feathers to Ysabel. As if he was saying "Oh you're studying history at the University of Utah? Well, hahahaha, I know way more than those professors and you - young woman." He is very much like Kody.

ugh ... and he is like what, like ... 12 years old or something?  Still a friggin' child. 

I hate to think what an obnoxious know-it-all pain in the ass he will be by the times he is Kody's age.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

I hope Ysabel doesn't spend so much time with these fools that their ignorance rubs off on her. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. My advice to her would be to stay in college and don't take Tony and his "knowledge" of history seriously. 

• Like 12

Saying that Tony is similar to Kody and that is why she married him is one of the few insightful things Mykelti has said.  

I wonder if these dolts understand that if they want to cap their family at three kids that they will need to take some form of action to prevent further pregnancies.  They seemed like the type who think that just saying it is enough.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

I honestly can't believe how dumb Mykelti and Tony are.

As though just talking about their family isn't causing enough drama, Tony has to bring Hitler into the conversation?

I really think that it would be best if Christine's children stop talking on line.

There are things that are more important than money. Privacy, family, reputation...

I've lost all respect for Christine. I think that a good mother would stop all of this to protect her kids.

Christine always says that her kids are the most important thing to her. Obviously not, it's looking like money is more important than her kids.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1