Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

I realize that fraternal twins aren’t dependent on the father, but always thought it coincidental that my dad had fraternal twin siblings,  consisting of a brother and sister (sadly they died in infancy), and my dad’s oldest brother would grow up and he and his wife had a set of fraternal twins….a girl and boy.  Years later,  my brother’s wife was carrying fraternal twins and miscarried one.  We don’t know if it was a girl or not.  The surviving baby was a boy.     And, I have two sets of fraternal twins on my mom’s side of the family…my great aunts and two cousins!  I find it fascinating.  

I hope we’ll see more about Archer and Ace.  Are they filming right now?  

• Like 5

I have 2 nieces and a nephew who are siblings and they have, 2 sets of B/G fraternal twins and 1 set of B/B identical twins (one set of twins each). None used fertility drugs. It seems to me genetics only play a small part of producing twins.

3 kids under two are tough. I hope Mykelti is as chill as she seems and I hope Tony is a very involved parent.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Mr lookeyloo is a fraternal twin. They look nothing alike, are nothing alike in personalities, spent their childhoods sharing a room, never had a disagreement, but are Not Close.  They speak on their birthdays and since we don't live close, don't see often.  No animosity, or anything.  I would hope these boys whether fraternal or identical, can keep some kind of relationship into adulthood.  they are cute.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Genetics in twins - statistically fraternals have a genetic component (mom produces two eggs at once) while identicals are an anomaly (egg splits).

And in the case of my nieces and nephew, one niece had the identical boys, her sister and her brother had the fraternal twins.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Mr lookeyloo is a fraternal twin. They look nothing alike, are nothing alike in personalities, spent their childhoods sharing a room, never had a disagreement, but are Not Close.  They speak on their birthdays and since we don't live close, don't see often.  No animosity, or anything.  I would hope these boys whether fraternal or identical, can keep some kind of relationship into adulthood.  they are cute.

Yes, just because people share DNA and formative years, won't necessarily mean they will be friends. Of course it's amazing if that happens, but it doesn't always. I think we hear more about "super close siblings" and "deep animosity" between siblings, but the "in-between" isn't acknowledged as much. Who knows how the boys will feel about each other growing up, especially if Mykleti has more kids. In the original Brown sibling group, in a family THAT large, you are going to just gel with some people more than others on a personality view point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I realize that fraternal twins aren’t dependent on the father, but always thought it coincidental that my dad had fraternal twin siblings,  consisting of a brother and sister (sadly they died in infancy), and my dad’s oldest brother would grow up and he and his wife had a set of fraternal twins….a girl and boy.  Years later,  my brother’s wife was carrying fraternal twins and miscarried one.  We don’t know if it was a girl or not.  The surviving baby was a boy.     And, I have two sets of fraternal twins on my mom’s side of the family…my great aunts and two cousins!  I find it fascinating.  

I hope we’ll see more about Archer and Ace.  Are they filming right now?  

My great aunts youngest daughter, maybe 10-12 years older than me, had triplets at 42.  Don't know of any other multiple births on that side of the family.  She wasn't using any fertility drugs.  Just natural.  I find it all interesting too.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
On 12/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, Cetacean said:

Genetics in twins - statistically fraternals have a genetic component (mom produces two eggs at once) while identicals are an anomaly (egg splits).

Conceiving twins isn’t that special; a lot of single pregnancies actually start of as twin pregnancies but often one stops developing/dies at a very early stage. Losing blood in the early stages could be an indication as are certain anomalies on scans. But most people never know.

I read somewhere Mykelti had an  emergency section ? Not buying the breeched story as a reason. They would have know the positions of the babies. In such cases, a section is almost always planned as it is very hard to turn twins. And since both Robyn and Christine were there and had time to pose with Tony in an OR coverall, it’s clear they had plenty of time.

An emergency section means one thing: “The baby needs to come out now!” It means dropping everything and fast-tracking you into the first available OR. No fun and quite scary.

So either it’s adding a bit more Brown-drama as usual or something else happened which required immediate action.

Edited by LilyD
Deleted a part
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Mykelti did a quick video this afternoon. Robyn and Kody were at Mykelti and Tony’s recently. It was the first time Kody met the twins. She didn’t mention if anyone else came with them.

ADF83E03-B482-47B3-B0D9-ED08A545749A.jpeg

Awww look at those sleeping bundles. I love baby cheeks!

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 12/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My great aunts youngest daughter, maybe 10-12 years older than me, had triplets at 42.  Don't know of any other multiple births on that side of the family.  She wasn't using any fertility drugs.  Just natural.  I find it all interesting too.

I also find it interesting. Were they fraternal or identical triplets, or a combination? I conceived my children at 35 and 38, and was warned with both pregnancies that there would be an increased likelihood of fraternal twins because as we age, the body has a tendency to release multiple eggs each month instead of the singular egg we are taught about in health class. I was also told it could take longer to conceive.

I got pregnant the first month of trying with both of my children. Who knows, that could have been because there were a dozen eggs hanging out in there each month. They were also both single pregnancies, as evidenced by early ultrasounds (around the 7 week mark if memory serves).

Mykelti's not of advanced reproductive age, but there's no hard data on exactly how many eggs are released at any given time during a woman's reproductive lifespan. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I guess this twin pregnancy just happened to Mykelti and blessed her with two healthy boys. It’s not that uncommon really as 10-15% of all pregnancies start off as twins with one embryo often failing to develop at an early stage. And yes, your chances to conceive fraternal twins increase as you grow older or if it runs in the family. But it can certainly happen to young women (my great-grandmother gave birth to twin boys at 21 and my aunt to two girls at 20)

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Thistle Howl said:

I also find it interesting. Were they fraternal or identical triplets, or a combination? I conceived my children at 35 and 38, and was warned with both pregnancies that there would be an increased likelihood of fraternal twins because as we age, the body has a tendency to release multiple eggs each month instead of the singular egg we are taught about in health class. I was also told it could take longer to conceive.

I got pregnant the first month of trying with both of my children. Who knows, that could have been because there were a dozen eggs hanging out in there each month. They were also both single pregnancies, as evidenced by early ultrasounds (around the 7 week mark if memory serves).

Mykelti's not of advanced reproductive age, but there's no hard data on exactly how many eggs are released at any given time during a woman's reproductive lifespan. 

I think fraternal, but you could tell they were brothers.

• Useful 1

Not to be a pooper, but's exceedingly rare for same-sex twins to be fraternal, so much so that websites claim that the average person would most likely never encounter fraternal same sex twins.  Alhough identical twins share the same DNA environmental conditions in the womb and afterward can vary between them to the point that they don't come out looking exactly alike.  I just had this discussion with an old friend of mine who insisted that my high school boyfriend and his twin brother couldn't possibly be identical but I know for a fact that they are because he and his mother both told me they are.  My old boyfriend (who in adulthood became a doctor) always joked that his brother was the more "healthy" looking twin because he probably had first access to the food in the womb and hogged most of it.  And knowing that twin's personality (he later became a lawyer, LOL) that would make perfect sense!

Also, I would think it's really hard to tell with babies.  Appearance can change after birth.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Huh, I know three sets of fraternal; same sex twins. Two female and one male. There's no guessing involved as they look nothing alike. One even has a sister who looks more like her than her twin.

And then there's Ashton Kutcher, Gisele Bündchen, to name just a couple of celebrities with non-identical same sex twins.

Came back to add, fraternal twins are two eggs fertilized by two sperm. Its really just carrying two siblings at one time. As @ginger90posted, its common, in the world of twins.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I know three sets of fraternal; same sex twins. Two female and one male. There's no guessing involved as they look nothing alike. One even has a sister who looks more like her than her twin.

And then there's Ashton Kutcher, Gisele Bündchen, to name just a couple of celebrities with non-identical same sex twins.

Twins are relatively rare to begin with with fraternal twins making up about half of them, then according to studies I'm seeing online, about 14-15% of those are the same gender (even though the chances of that happening are supposedly 50-50).  So that's a pretty small percentage overall.  Of course when you consider the entire world being 8 Billion people there will be a lot of them anyway.

Also I wonder how many of those people's parents just assumed their twins were fraternal because of their different appearance despite what they may have been told.  Most people from HS that knew my old BF and his brother never thought they were identical.  So in some cases I wonder.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Twins are relatively rare to begin with with fraternal twins making up about half of them, then according to studies I'm seeing online, about 14-15% of those are the same gender (even though the chances of that happening are supposedly 50-50).  So that's a pretty small percentage overall.  Of course when you consider the entire world being 8 Billion people there will be a lot of them anyway.

Also I wonder how many of those people's parents just assumed their twins were fraternal because of their different appearance despite what they may have been told.  Most people from HS that knew my old BF and his brother never thought they were identical.  So in some cases I wonder.

Identical twins are from a fertilized egg that splits, hence identical. Same genetic make-up. Short of "mirror twins",   a difference in weight gain, or maybe a medical issue, identical twins look alike - identical. Like I said in my above posts fraternal twins are non identical siblings who happened to share a womb.

And there are fraternal twins who look very much alike, like the Olsen twins. Between ultrasounds, blood types and DNA, its not hard to know if twins are identical or not.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Mr lookeyloo is a fraternal twin. His mother tried to convince everyone they are identical. They barely look like brothers. Mr Lookeyloo takes after his mother's Italian side and his father takes after the father's German side. They know they aren't identical. Not alike in any way. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Identical twins are from a fertilized egg that splits, hence identical. Same genetic make-up. Short of "mirror twins",   a difference in weight gain, or maybe a medical issue, identical twins look alike - identical. Like I said in my above posts fraternal twins are non identical siblings who happened to share a womb.

And there are fraternal twins who look very much alike, like the Olsen twins. Between ultrasounds, blood types and DNA, its not hard to know if twins are identical or not.

Yep I know all that.  For the purposes of this thread, my entire point is that since same-gender fraternal twins are far less likely among fraternal twins in actuality would make me lean towards Mykelti's twins being identical, plus I don't think it's possible to tell from the photos based on appearance.  But of course they could still in fact be fraternal.  It may not be especially probable, but it's far from impossible.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Fraternal twins are the most common type of twins.

That's what I thought.  There was a set of twin boys that my friend took care of in her home daycare, and they didn't even look like they were related.  One blond, one brunette, and one much bigger than the other.  Genetics are fascinating.  

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I would think Mykelti stating they are is correct.

Did she?  From the sound of the comments here speculating on whether they are or not I naturally assumed that was unknown.

Mr lookeyloo is a fraternal twin. His mother tried to convince everyone they are identical. They barely look like brothers. Mr Lookeyloo takes after his mother's Italian side and his father takes after the father's German side. They know they aren't identical. Not alike in any way. 

Mr. Sandy is also a same sex fraternal twin. Comes from a family of 10 kids all delivered at home by their maternal grandma!

Also not alike in any way

I have 2 female friends that refer to themselves as twins but doctors have said they were conceived a month apart.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 2

Mykelti isn't unusual at all in having same sex fraternal twins.  Approximately 50% of fraternal twins are same sex and then the other 50% are boy/girl.  It's genetics.  Each twin in fraternal twins has the same about 50/50 chance of being a boy or a girl as any singleton pregnancy.    

• Like 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Did she?  From the sound of the comments here speculating on whether they are or not I naturally assumed that was unknown.

I wouldn’t make it up, she said it, and when she did I posted it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 6
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wouldn’t make it up, she said it, and when she did I posted it.

I never suggested you made it up.  I was just responding to the posts here speculating on whether her twins were or weren't fraternal that appearance isn't always the best indicator and that the chances were in favor of them being identical.  I don't follow either this thread or her social media closely enough to have seen any post from you or Mykelti suggesting otherwise.  

Edited by Yeah No
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Mykelti isn't unusual at all in having same sex fraternal twins.  Approximately 50% of fraternal twins are same sex and then the other 50% are boy/girl.  It's genetics.  Each twin in fraternal twins has the same about 50/50 chance of being a boy or a girl as any singleton pregnancy.    

Yes. And fraternal twins have the same genetic relation as full blooded siblings from a singleton pregnancy, so if they are the same age (because they were born the same time) and same gender, it likely they will look a LOT a like, just like siblings and many first cousins favor a lot. 

Mykelti knew her boys were fraternal, she stated as such during her pregnancy (they could tell because there were two sacs, only possible with fraternal twins). 

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

No she knew, they are fraternal.

• Like 7

Has the postpartum discussion been posted here yet? Mykelti did some sort of social media video that said postpartum depression was because "moms are used to attention when they are pregnant, and then they don't get enough when the baby comes." Then she recommends eating the placenta to replace all that "happy juice" that was in there before. Totally unhinged and inappropriate medical advice. 

• Mind Blown 17
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

Mykelti should just STFU. This is utter bullshit and it makes me wonder if she's going to shill a miracle cure to heal post partum depression, some placenta pills or "happy juice", like she said. This is highly irresponsible and dangerous. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
19 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if Mykelti did this.  This place makes it sound like it is a good idea

https://www.babycenter.com/baby/postpartum-health/eating-the-placenta_40008062

Many other sites say it is dangerous.

I have heard of celebrities doing this.  I am not an advocate or a proponent.

Not a celebrity, per se, but Ashley Darby from RHoP ate the placenta to 'avoid post part depression and for health' reasons.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3

I wonder if Mykelti did this.  This place makes it sound like it is a good idea

https://www.babycenter.com/baby/postpartum-health/eating-the-placenta_40008062

Many other sites say it is dangerous.

I have heard of celebrities doing this.  I am not an advocate or a proponent.

Yes she did say to encapsulate and eat. Not eat like a steak thank goodness.

Still - her take on postpartum depression was factually incorrect and borderline offensive. 

And according to large peer reviewed journals at the Cochrane database which looks at the validity of such claims, there is zero evidence that eating your placenta yieds any health benefits. There are even risks.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28859955/

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 12
On 1/7/2023 at 3:01 PM, Elodia said:

Mykelti should just STFU. This is utter bullshit and it makes me wonder if she's going to shill a miracle cure to heal post partum depression, some placenta pills or "happy juice", like she said. This is highly irresponsible and dangerous. 

One of the fundy Bates sisters did this and she got roasted.  She first made a big post on social media talking about how she was dealing with PPD.  Then two weeks later she claimed to be cured by some herbal junk.  Mykelti who probably barely passed high school science should stick to shilling ugly clothes.

• Like 10

I just saw Mykelti and Tony have started a Patreon. She said she will give insights to the sister wives videos (just like Gwen does), and talk about raising their kids... Seems like Gwen started a trend. Wo will be next? Paedon?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, Elodia said:

I just saw Mykelti and Tony have started a Patreon. She said she will give insights to the sister wives videos (just like Gwen does), and talk about raising their kids... Seems like Gwen started a trend. Wo will be next? Paedon?

He did a 3 hr live with Jon Yates on YT. It's good!!

• Useful 2
18 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

He did a 3 hr live with Jon Yates on YT. It's good!!

Jon Yates is gross and Paedon is just showboat spewing for attention. He sounds just like his father. Plus he's talking about fake women's crying. Lack of respect.  He accuses Gwen of using her bisexualtiy and autism to avoid criticism. He of course attack Leon and Meri and says no one talks to them. But his knowledge isn't great. He was mad that Logan put Meri up front and that Christine was in the second row. But Gwen already explained that Christine moved to the second row aisle so she could film and livestream for Mykelti. Paedon is just a sh*t stirrer.

34 minutes ago, Elodia said:

It's starting to get weird. Wonder if the market is saturated. I'd rather hear from some more drama free people like Logan if any kids are going to talk. It's odd that they all want to make money based on pain and exploitation. 

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Wonder if the market is saturated. I'd rather hear from some more drama free people like Logan if any kids are going to talk. It's odd that they all want to make money based on pain and exploitation. 

Well I guess if their parents have been raking in the cash over their family nonsense all these years I personally don’t blame the “kids” from getting their cut. Honestly, I’ve watched on and off over the years, so I guess my viewing added to the nonsense in that it kept the show on the air, although I’d never pay these people with more than my wasted time.  No cameo, patreon, mlm money from  me. Honestly, I prefer Mykelti (or the others)shilling her gossip over the mlm crap (not that she’ll  stop doing that unfortunately) 

• Like 9
14 hours ago, Elodia said:

I like watching Gwen, but I don't think I would have any interest in Mykelti commenting on Sister Wives, and I am being biased here but because of her closeness with Robyn and Kody I do not think we are going to get real insight, but in stead a sanitized perspective. And i realize no one is unbiased but honestly  I am not interested in her take. 

• Like 10
On 1/6/2023 at 4:48 AM, Yeah No said:

Not to be a pooper, but's exceedingly rare for same-sex twins to be fraternal, so much so that websites claim that the average person would most likely never encounter fraternal same sex twins.  Alhough identical twins share the same DNA environmental conditions in the womb and afterward can vary between them to the point that they don't come out looking exactly alike.  I just had this discussion with an old friend of mine who insisted that my high school boyfriend and his twin brother couldn't possibly be identical but I know for a fact that they are because he and his mother both told me they are.  My old boyfriend (who in adulthood became a doctor) always joked that his brother was the more "healthy" looking twin because he probably had first access to the food in the womb and hogged most of it.  And knowing that twin's personality (he later became a lawyer, LOL) that would make perfect sense!

Also, I would think it's really hard to tell with babies.  Appearance can change after birth.

My mom was a same sex fraternal twin

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Mykelti n Tony  just posted that they will have a Patreon in a week. They will talk about the show, having 3 kids under 2yo.

Groundbreaking.  So rare and unique.  I'm sure their insights will be priceless.

• Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 21