Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I just wasted a few minutes of my life watching Avalon dump baby formula onto her hands and then wipe it on Mykelti's face and her own face. From Mykelti's comments, it seems this is something Avalon is just doing these days. I guess their discipline is a bit lax? I wouldn't be surprised if Mykelti parents like Christine did. With 3 kids under the age of 2, they might want to get a better handle on things before the boys are up and running around too. 

Formula isn't exactly cheap.  That could become some pricey misbehavior.

So it was mixed in the bottle not a formula packet.  It still isn't a good idea to let her learn to make messes and spread her food on herself and other people and especially not to spray the sofa.  Are they going to live with a smelly sofa or pay to have it properly cleaned?  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

There's casual, and then, there's way too lax (parenting.)  Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have babies so close together in age.

Yeah, those posts about trivial stuff make them look very needy.  They need to put their phones down more often (but they won't.)

• Like 10

I have not seen any product posts from Mykelti, but Madison did it recently (I forget the product, but not plexugh). Christine was plugging a meal delivery service this week on her Instagram stories (one of the ones that send you all the ingredients and you cook the recipe). They offer a discount and I think what they make can depend on how many people use the code.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 2/14/2023 at 9:00 PM, Irate Panda said:

I think racism could have played into at least some of certain Browns’ hesitation towards Tony even if it was an unconscious bias.  I also think Tony’s odd sense of humor at times could have played a part but I think that fact that he was not the Great Caleb Brush  (although I side eye Caleb’s and Maddie’s age difference when they met) played the biggest part as well as Mykelti not being a favored child.  They all seem to treat Tony well now as far as I can tell.

Well, I clearly remember a lot of hesitation stemming from the roller coaster relationship Mykelti and Tony had, which was followed by their insistence to marry as soon as possible, within months of Maddie’s whose wedding they were busy planning. 

From a mother’s point of view, I totally got Christine’s initial reaction. It certainly felt like rushing and, like most things concerning Mykelti, not really thought through. She is rather impulsive as we all know. Add to that, Tony’s rather quirky character. I have to admit: I doubted his sincere and serious intentions at first too.

Now, I won’t say they had some doubts about him being Mexican. Iirc, it came up and the parents reacted a bit wary, but I’m convinced the hesitation toward the marriage stemmed mostly from the rush and a little from Tony’s rather quirky character.

• Like 13

And to the fact that Tony wanted to control every aspect of the wedding with his demands. Remember his insistance that he be present to give his approval of Mykelti's wedding dress, how she wore her hair for the wedding, how many guests that his family needed to invite, what food was served and how many tacos per person (he wanted 10 originally), the flavor of the cake. I may have left some out. He came across as a jerk and he was not kidding when he mentioned that some people take out a second mortgage to pay for the wedding. I woud not have been thrilled about my daughter marrying him. 

• Like 18
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

And to the fact that Tony wanted to control every aspect of the wedding with his demands. Remember his insistance that he be present to give his approval of Mykelti's wedding dress, how she wore her hair for the wedding, how many guests that his family needed to invite, what food was served and how many tacos per person (he wanted 10 originally), the flavor of the cake. I may have left some out. He came across as a jerk and he was not kidding when he mentioned that some people take out a second mortgage to pay for the wedding. I woud not have been thrilled about my daughter marrying him. 

One other incidence, when inspecting the venue he accompanied the women into the ladies restroom and made some smart aleck remark.

I honestly believe this behaviour was producer driven to create him as a quirky person and Tony was naive enough to go along with it 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Well Tony was right they did run out of tacos 😂 as far as the second mortgage thing I always thought it was Tony trying to be funny, I mean he probably knew those fools barely could get a first mortgage much less a second one for a wedding.  I think Tony and Mykelti are weirdly a well-matched couple even though they both irritate me at times.  They make my head hurt, but they remind me of cartoon characters, so I expect it.  I just watch the show like it’s a bad sitcom.

• Like 10

If they ran out of tacos it was most likely because Tony ate his share and several more. I remember when they went for the food tasting and he ate a full serving and got a second plate.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I don't even want to think about what their house smells like with baby formula being dumped on the couch.  Yuck.  Also, I thought there were formula shortages and that it was expensive.  Why let you kid dump it all over the place?

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I don't even want to think about what their house smells like with baby formula being dumped on the couch.  Yuck.  Also, I thought there were formula shortages and that it was expensive.  Why let you kid dump it all over the place?

That's right!  I heard some people on the news that were desperate to get formula for their babies!  That's wasteful, for sure.

• Like 9
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If they ran out of tacos it was most likely because Tony ate his share and several more. I remember when they went for the food tasting and he ate a full serving and got a second plate.

And also, the country club they got married at didn't serve the small street tacos that Tony wanted, they did the full size tacos, so nobody needed 10.  And if I'm remembering right, there was no one manning the buffet table so I'm sure there were plenty of greedy people who took way more food than what was allocated per person so of course they ran out.   

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

And the tacos were not the only food served. They had chips and salsa, and different desserts and Hot cholcolate bar. The whole reception was dictated by Tony and what he wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Oh yes! Tony’s obnoxious behavior pre-marriage….I’d forgotten how bad it really was at the time, I do remember thinking: Is this the way you behave with your new in-laws? Let’s hope most of it was indeed producer driven, but I suspect Tony really is that controlling and bossy.
It may not be that noticeable on camera, but my gut tells me that nothing happens in that house without Tony’s knowledge and explicit approval. Not saying they aren’t happy btw. They seem to be a really good match. I just refuse to believe Tony really is that easy-going person he wants us to believe. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Oh yes! Tony’s obnoxious behavior pre-marriage….I’d forgotten how bad it really was at the time, I do remember thinking: Is this the way you behave with your new in-laws? Let’s hope most of it was indeed producer driven, but I suspect Tony really is that controlling and bossy.
It may not be that noticeable on camera, but my gut tells me that nothing happens in that house without Tony’s knowledge and explicit approval. Not saying they aren’t happy btw. They seem to be a really good match. I just refuse to believe Tony really is that easy-going person he wants us to believe. 

He may be exactly what Mykelti needs or wants in a relationship.

I don't think she had much paternal guidance in her formative years and she may hunger for a strong male to look up to and follow his directives.

We don't know much about Tony's upbringing but he may need a subservient spouse. 

It would not suit me or anyone else, but as you say, it seems to work for them.

• Like 14
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

He may be exactly what Mykelti needs or wants in a relationship.

I don't think she had much paternal guidance in her formative years and she may hunger for a strong male to look up to and follow his directives.

We don't know much about Tony's upbringing but he may need a subservient spouse. 

It would not suit me or anyone else, but as you say, it seems to work for them.

I agree.  I said that a while ago upthread - just because it wouldn't work for us for so many reasons, doesn't mean it isn't working for them for another set of reasons.  I always say "one size does not fit all".  

• Like 13

I agree that the relationship works for Mykelti and Tony.  But that doesn't stop me from thinking that he  was an obnoxious entitled jerk during the wedding planning. And he didn't seem to realize how he was coming across. 

• Like 10
12 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I agree that the relationship works for Mykelti and Tony.  But that doesn't stop me from thinking that he  was an obnoxious entitled jerk during the wedding planning. And he didn't seem to realize how he was coming across. 

I'm no Tony fan but I think he did realize how he was coming across during wedding planning and he enjoyed trying to get under Kody's skin by suggesting that Kody just make a quick lil' trip to the bank and get a second mortgage to pay for everything, demanding a few thousand street tacos, etc.  I think Mykelti did the same thing - she knew her parents didn't love Tony the way they fawned over Caleb.  They knew that their wedding, coming on the heels of Maddie's, would be a financial burden on Kody.  But being one of many interchangeable daughters of the least favored wife, I felt like M & T were pushing boundaries to see how far they could go, and Tony didn't seem to particularly care what his future father in law thought of him.  The Weddingk of the Century was my favorite season of Sister Wives.  Tony was a jerk, but he was going head to head with the King of Jerks and it was hilarious to watch. :)

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Since tlc paid for the weddings I don’t think it was any financial hardship on Kody?  

The only way Kootie would cough up dough for any wedding is if it's one of Sobbyn's kids, and the show goes bye-bye.  

Yeah, Tony and Mykelti's wedding was paid for by TLC, I'm pretty sure.  I was happy that Logan and Michelle did theirs, themselves.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Since tlc paid for the weddings I don’t think it was any financial hardship on Kody?  

Kody was probably worried that TLC would not be willing to sponsor 2 weddings in one year.

Mykelti did try to defray expenses by making flowers out of Christine's old wedding dress and just look at the money saved by having Christine provide the vocal entertainment for our listening pleasure.😄 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
4 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Tony and Mykelti have said that TLC gave them a budget and anything over that amount would be paid for by T&M.  So there really was no reason Tony couldn't have had 10,000 full sized tacos unless he was too cheap to pay for it or the country club chef put their foot down and said no. 

• Like 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Tony and Mykelti have said that TLC gave them a budget and anything over that amount would be paid for by T&M.  So there really was no reason Tony couldn't have had 10,000 full sized tacos unless he was too cheap to pay for it or the country club chef put their foot down and said no. 

It seems to me that when Mykelti, Tony, and the parents went to the country club ahead of the wedding, Tony wanted to bring in a bunch of street taco vendors, and the country club said customers couldn't bring in outside food, but that the club's kitchen could provide tacos. They may not have made the little street tacos that Tony was talking about when he wanted 4,000.

A lot of wedding venues that do provide food and drink (i.e. that won't just let you rent a reception hall) don't let you bring in outside food (except the cake) and drink, because of victualler license regulations, and because they don't want to take the hit if an outside caterer brings in something dodgy that gets everyone sick.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think that Tony was and is devoted to Mykelti.

I'm sure that Mykelti gave Tony the lay of the land regarding her family.

Tony approached the wedding plan conversation knowing where the family placed Mykelti in the pecking order and how they treated her. 

I think that he was prepared to stand up for what they wanted and wasn't going to easily let them roll over Mykelti and act like her feelings didn't matter much.

They always treated Mykelti like, "oh Mykelti..."

I think that Tony loved Mykelti and that approach to her and her feelings was going to end.

Say what you want about Tony, but Mykelti's viewpoints are given much more importance since Tony came into her life.

Whatever he did worked with the other members of Mykelti's family.

Tony is no pushover.

• Like 9
  • Applause 8

Well last month (or was it the month before?) I paid the three dollars to watch their videos on patreon (will not ever do that again). I saw enough content to convince me that Tony is not devoted to Mykelti. He is devoted to himself. He is pompous and speaks as if his opinion holds more value or weight. I didn't hear him compliment Mykelti -despite her going on about what a great dad he is. To me, he comes across as extremely self centered and I think he considers himself to be "above" her. He also definitely still holds a major grudge against Christine.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

Agreed.  I might see it differently if it was clear that Mykelti wanted a bunch of street tacos or wanted to wear her hair down at the wedding.  I got a clear impression that the things Tony demanded were things he wanted and had nothing to do with her.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, Libby said:

I think that he was prepared to stand up for what they wanted and wasn't going to easily let them roll over Mykelti and act like her feelings didn't matter much.

As I recall Tony stood up for what HE wanted. I never heard Mykelti express a need for 10 tacos per person. Everytime she dared open her mouth to express an idea about the wedding like how she wanted her hair, her dress, the flavors of the cake he shot it down. Finally Janelle had the courage to stand up to Tony about the cake and say let Mykelti have her way on this. She even said in a talking heard that she felt like Mykelti was being steamrolled. 

I would like to know what Mr. Big Spender Tony did about the rehearsal party or dinner. Did he spring for one? 

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

As I recall Tony stood up for what HE wanted. I never heard Mykelti express a need for 10 tacos per person. Everytime she dared open her mouth to express an idea about the wedding like how she wanted her hair, her dress, the flavors of the cake he shot it down. Finally Janelle had the courage to stand up to Tony about the cake and say let Mykelti have her way on this. She even said in a talking heard that she felt like Mykelti was being steamrolled. 

Yeah, what I remember is Tony going on and on about how HE needed 4,000 tacos because he's Mexican, HE wanted a Tres Leches cake because he's Mexican, He wanted a chess cake because he plays chess, HE needed to approve Mykelti's dress because when he saw her on the wedding day and he didn't like it he would tell her that, HE wanted her hair down, HE had to have pinatas because he's Mexican and his pinata had to have Mexican candy only.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Mexican traditions or incorporating your culture and heritage into your wedding but that wedding was ALL Tony and his traditions.  There was very little of Mykelti in that mess of a wedding from what I could see.  

• Like 17
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Thats exactly what I saw. It was all about Tony and his heritage and nothing of Mykelti in that wedding. 

Well, women often marry men just like their fathers. Kody likes things his way, steamrolled his ex-wives, tried to pick the wedding cakes of his daughters, and is all about respect.

Tony likes things his way, steamrolled his fiancé to have his dream wedding, picked out one of the cakes, and believes he is large and in charge.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
On 3/8/2023 at 10:37 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Tony likes things his way, steamrolled his fiancé to have his dream wedding, picked out one of the cakes, and believes he is large and in charge.

That's why it was so fun to watch those two hairballs, Tony and Kody, go head to head.  It was like watching two cantaloupes having a showdown.  I wonder how Kody felt facing a younger version of himself with much better hair.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
On 3/8/2023 at 1:00 AM, Tuxcat said:

I saw enough content to convince me that Tony is not devoted to Mykelti. He is devoted to himself. He is pompous and speaks as if his opinion holds more value or weight. I didn't hear him compliment Mykelti -despite her going on about what a great dad he is. To me, he comes across as extremely self centered and I think he considers himself to be "above" her. He also definitely still holds a major grudge against Christine.

So Mykelti married her dad.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, Libby said:

They always treated Mykelti like, "oh Mykelti..."

In the Brown's defense — this is the appropriate reaction to Mykelti.

On 3/8/2023 at 5:52 PM, 65mickey said:

Thats exactly what I saw. It was all about Tony and his heritage and nothing of Mykelti in that wedding. 

Now, now, she made those tacky fabric flowers, when she could have worked a job for the amount of (wo)man hours it took to buy, cut, and sew the fabric, and had gorgeous fresh flowers.

That kind of terrible planning is Mykelti's heritage. She is a Brown.

• Like 16
On 3/7/2023 at 3:30 PM, laurakaye said:

Tony didn't seem to particularly care what his future father in law thought of him.  The Weddingk of the Century was my favorite season of Sister Wives.  Tony was a jerk, but he was going head to head with the King of Jerks and it was hilarious to watch. :)

You captured it perfectly. Tony likely doesn't give a damn about what people think of him and I am sure he enjoyed nagging Kody about everything. His controlling and bossy side really emerged during the wedding planning which was all about him. Just like his behaviour when it came to Mykelti's dress. It was entertaining and annoying at the same time.

But I do think Mykelti doesn't really have problems with it. She seems to have that "whatever... attitude" when Tony is like that. She just accepts it for what it is or shrugs it off and draws her own plans when she thinks it's ridiculous. And I'm sure she occasionally rolls her eyes at that behaviour too!

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Cetacean said:

So their date is to totally ignore each other while paying to sit in some cafe?  How, um, romantic.

Everyone’s different, I can’t pick on them for this. Couples don’t need to be staring into each others eyes to enjoy some alone time. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I have the feeling Tony is neurodiverse and that's where the unusual social interactions come from. Just basing it on the pre-wedding and the wedding itself. Some guy Tony didn't seem to know was wearing a musical tie and Tony was like "can I press it?". During the ceremony he kept talking to Mykelti and she kept having to shush him. When the dude gave him the ring Tony said "look how cool this is" and started showing it to Mykelti and he had to be shush again and refocused. Then when Christine was singing he was looking at people on his table in turn and asking them if they'd ever heard the song before while they were looking embarrassed and trying to get him to focus on Christine. I understand the urge to try and drown her out lol but it's not polite.

He could just be a dick acourse or maybe cultural differences but his behaviour just wasn't what most people would see as socially typical.

Edit left out a word.

Edited by AngelaBassinet
  • Like 8
  • Useful 9
On 3/13/2023 at 8:05 AM, AngelaBassinet said:

I have the feeling Tony is neurodiverse and that's where the unusual social interactions come from. Just basing it on the pre-wedding and the wedding itself. Some guy Tony didn't seem to know was wearing a musical tie and Tony was like "can I press it?". During the ceremony he kept talking to Mykelti and she kept having to shush him. When the dude gave him the ring Tony said "look how cool this is" and started showing it to Mykelti and he had to be shush again and refocused. Then when Christine was singing he was looking at people on his table in turn and asking them if they'd ever heard the song before while they were looking embarrassed and trying to get him to focus on Christine. I understand the urge to try and drown her out lol but it's not polite.

He could just be a dick acourse or maybe cultural differences but his behaviour just wasn't what most people would see as socially typical.

Edit left out a word.

I don't think it's cultural. His family isn't like that. Mom, dad, sis, brother. He's awkward, so yeah he could be neurodivergent. I never thought of that. Ty.

• Like 8

Regarding Tony not wanting to work or be told what to do.  Welcome to the club buddy.  Ask those of us who have been working 40+ years if we like working either.  I would love to sit at home and do whatever.  But know that I have to work if I want anything.  I find it hard to believe that She makes enough money from all of her MLM's to support a family of 5.  Maybe it pays much better than we think.

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think this also explains why they are not so subtly trying to get their fans to push for their own spin off show.  A family of 5 is expensive!  

Well, they're going to have to bring on another spouse or have a litter of kids if they think that's going to happen.

• Like 6

I think he's willing to work if it involves playing on his computer for money. Working in an office, under someone's supervision - no way. And his slovenly appearance and goofy demeanor probably not endear him in the situation where he was meeting clients to discuss money matters.

I am a COL and no way I'd believe a word of what he was saying if I was consulting with him on investments or loans.  It's not like I think they need to wear a tuxedo but stuffed animals and action figures on a desk of a bank employee - just no.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I am a COL and no way I'd believe a word of what he was saying if I was consulting with him on investments or loans.  It's not like I think they need to wear a tuxedo but stuffed animals and action figures on a desk of a bank employee - just no.

You wouldn't want to discuss taking out a second mortgage with a guy who is making his stuffed doggie jump around his desk and saying "Woof!  No money for you!  Woof!"

COL here as well.  The idea of supporting three kids with income from social media, playing chess online, and selling clothes from a company that has to be close to going belly up would keep me up at night.  Working 8 - 5 M - F is hard, but it's steady money and if you're fortunate, also comes with insurance.  While I can appreciate people trying different things that they truly love to earn a living, none of what Mykelti and Tony are doing sounds like it's got a secure future attached to it.

Do we think Mykelti is actually the most successful of the Brown LLR team?  Meri seems to be on a LLR cruise or at Disney every other week, but I think a lot of that is coming out of her own pocket.  I sometimes wonder if Mykelti, in her own "whimsical" way, tops Meri in sales.  

• Like 10
On 3/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think this also explains why they are not so subtly trying to get their fans to push for their own spin off show.  A family of 5 is expensive!  

Gross.  I don't wanna see 2 unattractives on my screen for an hour each week...We already do this with all the other TLC shows.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3