Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well we have 50 states and each have their own rules regarding everything.  Only about 8%-10% of American births are with midwives.  It just went out of favor over the last 100 years with the improvement of medical school training of doctors.  Plus the high cost of medical malpractice insurance for midwives is also very high.  I think many women feel like being in a hospital setting is better in case something goes wrong.

It seems like most of the home births with midwives involve religious groups.

The Duggars are a good example of that and on top of having home births they also want as many births and kids as possible with as little doctor/hospital involvement as possible, makes me sick.

I said “It seems like” because I don’t know that actual statistics but it sure seems like the majority are religious.

If the men were having the babies I suspect instead of “19 kids and counting” it would have been “1 kid and we’re done!”

Kody and his gang are the same.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I think with Fundies its about the (lack of) money as much as it is about being natural, although Michelle Duggar only had 2 home births. But also in the last decade or so, home births among the mainstream have become more popular, even trendy in some crowds.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think some women equate home births with no pain relief to being more of a “real” woman than their counterparts who go to a hospital and aren’t in agony for hours. I had pain relief with both of my kids and I loved it and told everyone how great it was.

I think it’s funny that the same women who refuse pain medication probably take a Tylenol for a headache and I’ve never heard of anyone wanting to pass a kidney stone with no drugs because it’s more natural.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 6/28/2022 at 8:47 AM, Sandy W said:

The show is running so far behind, Miss Avalon will be able to narrate the proceedings of the home birth herself.

It would be hilarious if they at least filmed Miss Avalon watching her birth video so we could hear her comments.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

If any of the Brown girls has a chance to successfully do this and enjoy it, it’s Mykelti. A toddler and twins is going to be a lot of work and if you do not want to go mad, you need to be a bit laid back (keep calm and carry om) every now and then. She’s like that and she seems to fully embrace motherhood too. Maddie would go absolutely mad, as would Gwen (Aspyn would be fine too but Robyn’s girls would freak out)

• Like 6
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

If I remember correctly, Tony doesn’t leave home to work so he will be around to help. I believe he is a SM gamer?

He is a gamer, but don’t forget luluroe fashion model!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 4:03 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I like Sierra.  Sienna is OK, but I think Camry might be stretching it...JMO

Since Tony's driven one, how's about Tesla?  😁  Tessa would actually be better.

How about “Volkswagen Beetle Padron”

I think it has a nice ring to it 😋

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

We actually had a family at school that did name all their children after cars.  La Mans was one of them.  I hope Tony and Mykelti pick names wisely.

Seriously, so do I! I thought Avalon might be related to the Arthurian legend... 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

We actually had a family at school that did name all their children after cars.  La Mans was one of them.  I hope Tony and Mykelti pick names wisely.

Parents should think about long term consequences when picking names. It's all too easy to make fun of quirky names and the same goes for odd spelling to make a child stand out. (Elon Musk's last kid possibly being the worst with X Æ A-12 Musk)  So I hope they choose wisely... I have to say that I'm hopeful. Avalon isn't too bad in my personal opinion. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Parents should think about long term consequences when picking names. It's all too easy to make fun of quirky names and the same goes for odd spelling to make a child stand out. (Elon Musk's last kid possibly being the worst with X Æ A-12 Musk)  So I hope they choose wisely... I have to say that I'm hopeful. Avalon isn't too bad in my personal opinion. 

This! so true! What you name a child will follow for the rest of their life, what might be "cute"  or "timely/popular" maybe unknown in 20+ years time, yet the child is saddled with it for life. I hope they follow their hearts in naming their babies as they feel right and everyone else will accept what they choose. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Whenever I hear “Avalon”, I think of the movie “You don’t mess with the Zohan”. “The Avalon” was a very dated Paul Mitchell haircut that Adam Sandler’s character was desperate to get. I cannot hear the name Avalon and not think of Adam Sandler playing an Israeli ex special forces soldier who wants to work in a NYC hair salon.

ETA: Interestingly, this was based on a true story. There actually WAS an Israeli soldier who came to the US and opened a salon. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Seriously, so do I! I thought Avalon might be related to the Arthurian legend... 

So did I, so I am expecting Camelot and Eiydin, or Nimue and Gaheris...

• Like 4
  • Love 3

This is what Mykelti said for an article:

“This is the name I’ve wanted since I was 16 for my first girl”

“Avalon, so she’s from King Arthur and the round table. That’s where Avalon is from originally. But funny coincidence, I liked the name Avalon before I got my first car which ended up being a Toyota Avalon. Isn’t that kind of funny?”

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 7/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I like Sierra.  Sienna is OK, but I think Camry might be stretching it...JMO

Since Tony's driven one, how's about Tesla?  😁  Tessa would actually be better.

Well I know several Camry's.  Plus my great nieces name is Sienna, which is also the name of my great grandmother, I think.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I just watched a recording of a live video Mykelti and Tony posted on Facebook on June 23rd (Avalon is with them and so cute!) Toward the end someone asked her how she told her family. Mykelti talked about how they told Christine first that they were moving to Phoenix, then felt it was too mean and revealed they are expecting twins. Without hesitation, Mykelti went on to say "We told Robyn and Dad... and we think secretly they were hoping we were moving, 'cause they want their family to be closer.... And then with the rest of my family, my mom had a 50th birthday party and so my family came in town for that - not all of them, Maddie and Caleb live in NC and they couldn't come, but Janelle and her kids came up and mom and her kids came up so we told them at the party."

So clearly no secret that Kody and Robyn are a singular couple within this group. 

Mykelti mentioned that that they told the rest of the family, who weren't at Christine's birthday party, by text. Sounds like Meri got a text, but Mykelti did not mention her by name.

Edited by Teafortwo
typos
  • Useful 9

And from your words I gather that neither Robyn nor Kody came to Christine’s big party. I have to say that I sort of understand it from Kody’s point of view. They’re ‘divorced’ and few exes attend each other’s birthday parties. I guess the same goes for sister wives. In a way,  divorce them too. Janelle is different. She and Christine seem to have progressed from sister wife to friends. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Absolom said:

It's just the word Christine uses to describe her situation.

I’m fine with that. They’d been together a long time and shared 6 kids. In a way, that’s more binding than an official marriage certificate. 
And personally, I find it a bit awkward to refer to someone as your boyfriend after 30 years or so together. The same goes for calling your 54 year old guy (or how old is Kody?) your boyfriend. Boyfriend sounds way too immature/not right for that age and what you shared together. But that’s my personal opinion…

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 7/2/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Yugo and  Pinto

For the win!

On 7/4/2022 at 6:25 PM, Teafortwo said:

Avalon makes me think of the Roxy Music album/song of the same name, which I absolutely love.

My wedding dance song!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Going by posts of Mykelti’s , Tony is away often

Last I heard Tony doesn't have a job.  He quit BoA to be a streamer of some kind.  So why is he always gone?  Also, is it just me or are there not a lot of pictures of Tony and Avalon.  Seems to be mostly Avalon with Mykelti and extended family.  Hope for her sake Taco Tony isn't an absentee father like Kody. 

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Last I heard Tony doesn't have a job.  He quit BoA to be a streamer of some kind.  So why is he always gone?  Also, is it just me or are there not a lot of pictures of Tony and Avalon.  Seems to be mostly Avalon with Mykelti and extended family.  Hope for her sake Taco Tony isn't an absentee father like Kody. 

I have no idea how the gaming world works but it may be that Tony finds it necessary to attend conventions/shows to present his concepts to a broad audience of those in that industry.

In any case, it seems to be lucrative for him, shortly after he began this endeavor they purchased a second home, keeping the first as a rental property. They also drive nice cars and don't seem to want for anything.  I don't think Mykelti would be earning enough through her various MLMs to afford this lifestyle.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I can also see him at comic cons or those deals where loonies all dress up like their favorite action heroes.  I wonder if he takes his dolls along to show them off.

Ha ha.  There may be special conventions just for the dolls, swords and other stuff he collects.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He does the gaming thing, and also travels for chess tournaments. A few times when he’s been away, Mykelti has gone and spent the time with her in-laws.

I can sort of see the need to travel for his gaming business, but to be away for chess tournaments as well?? Unless it brings in a nice extra income which I doubt as you’d have to be an absolute top player for that. 
I’m all for some quality me-time in a relationship and some personal hobbies, as long as it fits in with your marriage and being a parent. From what I read out here, it looks as if Tony leads a pretty typical bachelor life, leaving most of the parenting to Mykelti. In a way, that doesn’t surprise me. Tony has never made a truly grown-up impression on me.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I can also see him at comic cons or those deals where loonies all dress up like their favorite action heroes.  I wonder if he takes his dolls along to show them off.

Those look fun!!! The only other time of year besides Halloween you can dress in costume and it’s not weird. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8