Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

I can see what you mean Sasha888. I guess my comments on Janelle came across a bit harsher than intended. I never meant to say that she wasn’t a loving/caring mom, as she was and is in her own unique way. She loves her kids but in her own down to earth, not  very showing way. I also think she’s become more caring and involved over the years.

My comment on her being absent though, was based on that time way back when they still lived in the Lehi house (and Maddie was still fairly young) Janelle herself admitted (book or show, can’t remember) how she loved being a fulltime worker and could never see herself as a fulltime mom. She also said that during weekdays, she didn’t see much from the kids as she left early and came home late. Hence my assumption about not receiving much motherly love. And yes Christine was there and I’m sure she doted on Maddie, but she wasn’t Janelle.

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I can see what you mean Sasha888. I guess my comments on Janelle came across a bit harsher than intended. I never meant to say that she wasn’t a loving/caring mom, as she was and is in her own unique way. She loves her kids but in her own down to earth, not  very showing way. I also think she’s become more caring and involved over the years.

My comment on her being absent though, was based on that time way back when they still lived in the Lehi house (and Maddie was still fairly young) Janelle herself admitted (book or show, can’t remember) how she loved being a fulltime worker and could never see herself as a fulltime mom. She also said that during weekdays, she didn’t see much from the kids as she left early and came home late. Hence my assumption about not receiving much motherly love. And yes Christine was there and I’m sure she doted on Maddie, but she wasn’t Janelle.

I didn't think you were overly harsh and I hope my replying didn't seem harsh either, or hurt your feelings. It was more of a "jumping off point" for a conversation kind of thing, when I quoted your post, and not meant to discredit or refute. 😁

My point was more just that it's okay to be a full time working mom. It's not better, in my opinion, that Christine stayed home. The two of them are "even" in my book. Christine did a lot inside the home, but the family could not have survived financially if only Kody worked and all 3 mothers decided they wanted to be stay at home moms. Somebody had to decide to work. Janelle shouldn't have to admit that she was a worse mom because she worked. One could just as easily say Christine should have to admit she wasn't as good a mom as she could have been because she did not earn the money that fed and clothed them. (not saying that's what you think or anything...just clarifying my opinion.)

Meri, at this time, apparently worked part-time and stayed home part-time (kind of right in the middle of what J or C did), but I guess I leave her out of the equation because my personal belief is she contributed very little to the group in the way of money or caring attention to the other's children...I think Janelle and Christine co-parented 12 kids while Meri greedily grabbed as much attention from Kody and money as she could. (Just to clarify, I'm talking J & C's 12, because I think Mariah and Meri kept more to themselves).

Now those 12 kids seem to have lots of time to spend with J & C and no time for Meri. I guess that's partly how I formed my opinion on what kind of mothers they all were. Proof is in the pudding.

Anyway...we were originally discussing how it affected Maddie, so even though I tend to discount Meri's involvement because it feels like J & C were co-parenting, Meri was there, and apparently not being very nice, to put it mildly.

I'm probably a bit hard on Maddie sometimes. I think she has seen some crazy shit. Especially when it comes to Meri.

Still, I would hope she'd get past a lot of this and be less negative about her kids. I agree with the thoughts mentioned that she's overwhelmed...and that she probably needs to vent, but shouldn't be doing it on social media.

I think a support group for parents of special needs kids would be a much more appropriate place to vent and would be great for her.

I don't know that I'm super hopeful about any of that though. Maddie's always been pretty sour and angry in general. They did that skit about "Angry Maddie" when she graduated from high school, as though Maddie was past all that...but I think Angry Maddie is alive and well. 

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Maddie's always been pretty sour and angry in general. They did that skit about "Angry Maddie" when she graduated from high school, as though Maddie was past all that...but I think Angry Maddie is alive and well. 

great wording, and absolutely not offended😉 But…your post brings me to an intriguing question:

Are we absolutely sure she’s Janelle’s daughter and not Meri’s?🤔

Edited by LilyD
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Are we absolutely sure she’s Janelle’s daughter and not Meri’s?🤔

They are both SO angry at the world, aren't they! It's not surprising that they can't get along.

If Meri's as abusive and awful as Maddie was implying during the Great Twitter War, then I don't blame her for cutting Meri out of her life entirely...it's a little odd though, than none of the other kids have gone this far. I don't doubt that there's some basis to it though, Meri's a jerk.

I will be interested to see how involved, or not involved, Meri will be in little Toyota's scenes in the upcoming season. My guess is that Mykelti doesn't really like Meri or want to see her too badly, but won't go as far as Maddie has.

I know that in a People article, it was mentioned that Robyn was "there" virtually during the birth, via phone...I guess Mykelti likes her okay. 

I wonder why the show tries to gloss over the fact that Maddie won't have Meri in her presence. Last season, when Maddie visited Flagstaff and everyone is holding Evie - everyone's there but Meri. It's at Christine's house...Robyn is there holding the baby...finally they do a little cutaway scene of Meri saying she couldn't get out of some work stuff (give me a break). Then they do a scene of them explaining their various "grandma" names, Oma and Bubby and all that, and again a cutaway to Meri saying she "just hasn't chosen a name yet".

Come on, TLC. Viewers aren't that stupid. Meri wasn't there because she was not invited, and she hasn't chosen a grandma name because there was no reason to - Maddie doesn't want her around.

The only thing I can think of is maybe someone in the family told TLC that this topic is off limits, in the hope that Maddie and Meri will make amends someday.

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Two roly-poly babies, both in onesies.

One cute, one not.

🤣 Sorry, I will show myself out now....

Instead of waiting to see if he could button his pants after Thanksgiving Dinner, it appears that Tony chose not to wear any.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

We can (and will, it's our job) speculate about Avalon, but am really hoping they are following a trusted doctor's advice re her weight. Both my kids were large babies, we never did whole milk after 1 year, had only occasional treats, were very active and both kids are at healthy weights now. Not sure how active Mykelti and Tony are, it makes a huge difference. 

• Love 9

Say what you will about Tony (and I agree he is unfortunate looking), it really speaks to me that Christine said in one of the articles about the split that she had to ask Mykelti if it was normal for marriage to be "easy".  

So Mykelti and Tony seem to have a good, easygoing relationship.  Or relative to Kody and Christine's I guess, which isn't a very high bar. 

Link to the article in US Magazine  

• Love 11
On 12/8/2021 at 3:50 PM, jacksgirl said:

We can (and will, it's our job) speculate about Avalon, but am really hoping they are following a trusted doctor's advice re her weight. Both my kids were large babies, we never did whole milk after 1 year, had only occasional treats, were very active and both kids are at healthy weights now. Not sure how active Mykelti and Tony are, it makes a huge difference. 

I’m fairly sure that in Tony and Mykelti’s case, food is a major thing. Neither have been particularly sporty or active either which (literally) adds to their weight.
Unfortunately, many overweight parents  tend to have overweight children, simply because they pass on the bad eating habits and do not stimulate activity enough. I’ve now reached a point where I’m not terribly shocked anymore when I spot a 1-year-old or even younger with her own bag of crisps or even their own happy meal….I’d feed mine breadsticks or fruit at that age and I don’t think they got a happy meal until they were 4. 

But..for all we know, there is an underlying medical reason for Avalons weight.From what I gathered from Mykelti’s post, she is taking it seriously and has a paediatrician to advise them. So, I won’t judge them to hard on Avalon, but Tony should definitely start taking his weight more seriously! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I think Avalon is cute as a button but I’m starting to wonder about her weight.

Mykelti posted a pic of Avalon sitting in front of a plate FULL of Christmas cookies with tons of icing and it looked like she was eating as many as she wanted!

Glad to hear they are working with their paediatrician.

615B8B10-5EBF-4CF6-8D91-33DD9E137C05.jpeg

• Love 5

Wow, that picture is very disturbing.  She's very cute but there is a serious issue developiing with her weight.  I highly doubt that they are working with a pediatrician (or listening to advice) if she is being fed what we are seeing in the pictures.  At first she looked like a roly poly baby but now it's shocking.

I wonder if she is getting comments from her IG followers.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Wow, that picture is very disturbing.  She's very cute but there is a serious issue developiing with her weight.  I highly doubt that they are working with a pediatrician (or listening to advice) if she is being fed what we are seeing in the pictures.  At first she looked like a roly poly baby but now it's shocking.

I wonder if she is getting comments from her IG followers.

I'm just amazed that people on Reddit aren't even mentioning it. They call her a "cute chunky baby". She IS cute, but to me she's obese at not even a year old. I too find it disturbing. 

• Love 13

I don’t know if she is still working with a paediatrician but she definitely mentioned it in earlier posts. So, I’m sure she is aware.

While it definitely may be due to the food (based on pictures some of us mentioned and Mykelti and Tony’s eating habits) I still believe it could be something else too. I have a cousin who looked like Avalon as a baby and kept struggling to her weight. I don’t know the details other than “a major hormonal dysbalance” she had since birth…

• Useful 3

It probably began pre-birth; mothers who eat excess sugar and crap can predispose their babies to becoming fat and diabetic.  Mykelti celebrated after one prenatal appointment with a dozen donuts.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Sometimes babies are chunky. I had hyperemesis gravidarum when I was pregnant with my son for 9 months, so he wasn't an overfed prenatal baby. He was exclusively breastfed until six months and then carefully started on homemade nutritious solids. I was that mom. Let me tell you - that kid was a chunk when he was a baby. Blew out the weight curve over and over again until he was about a year old. Suddenly he grew and got lanky. He has remained lanky into his adulthood.

So, sometimes babies are just chunky. I find Avalon adorable, and it's not her weight that made me feel concerned. It's the fact she--a 7-month-old--was eating a plate of iced sugar cookies. I'm pretty sure that whether she's being monitored by a pediatrician or not. that's not something he's telling them to do for her good health.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

For me it's she is pretty far above the top line on the chart AND she's apparently getting all the desserts and junk food that she wants.  Of course, Oma is the one letting her own daughter have two desserts for no good reason so I don't think she's ever taught Mykelti much about healthy eating.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video where Mykelti states, they are getting ready to go to Flagstaff, to visit the “other half of the family “.

Ten bucks says that means Janelle and Janelle's kids, mostly. 

Christine's kids seem to have a good relationship with Janelle and her kids. Good for them, because that shows some appreciation for the Bonus Mom who worked to pay the bills, and the siblings that spent a lot of time with them.

But Meri, Kody, Robyn...I don't think the closeness is there. They know who worked with their mom, and who made her life miserable. They probably tolerate visits with them, but it's not with the same excitement as seeing some of the others.

I bet everything seems way more simple and peaceful to Mykelti when she goes to visit Tony's side of the family.

• Love 12

Well… it has to be Janelle and her half-siblings since Christine no longer lives there and they’re obviously not welcome in Robyn’s mansion.

And iirc Mykelti never clicked with Meri. There were quite a few scenes where Meri criticized Mykelti for her thoughts, her take on religion (when she refused to attend a family ‘religious’ ceremony) and Mykelti’s non-modest/nom-conservative clothes. They may get along better now, but I doubt she’d undertake this journey now just to see Meri, Robyn and daddy-dear. 

• Love 13

Are those pictures taken at Robyn and Kody’s house?? It must be, considering the big deck with panoramic view. I can barely believe my eyes here, so am going to assume I’m wrong and blame it on the godawful hour that I’m wide awake and lurking at this forum (it’s 4.33am out here)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Does Meri have a deck?  That cannot be Robyn's house - I can't see Robyn welcoming anyone not in her direct bubble, plus I can't imagine Mykelti would feel comfortable there...unless they just stopped by to introduce Avalon to Kody for the first time. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Based on the type of railing, it looks like Robyn’s.

From the listing, Robyn’s:

2CCFEAE3-E163-432C-8140-8375B25CC334.jpeg

Meri’s, if I have the correct address, she’s moved so many times:

5ECD293C-8443-4328-9390-777DC33989E9.jpeg

Yeah it's definitely Robyn. Same furniture too.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.48.01 AM.png

• Useful 5

Perhaps Robyn is visiting her relatives in Utah this year and Kootie allowed his other families in the house without her permission. Or Kootie, Robyn and the kids are away and the others broke in.

Pumpkins rotting on the balcony? Ick!  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Does Meri have a deck?  That cannot be Robyn's house - I can't see Robyn welcoming anyone not in her direct bubble, plus I can't imagine Mykelti would feel comfortable there...unless they just stopped by to introduce Avalon to Kody for the first time. 

I don't think these people hate each other anywhere near as much as TLC wants you to believe. The split between Kody and Christine may actually be relatively amiable. Unless they were still quarantining, I see no reason why Mykelti wouldn't be welcome at Robyn's house. And Kody and Robyn were recently unmasked at a mall, so I'm thinking their quarantine is over.

And as much as I prefer Christine over Kody/Robyn, Christine is no angel either. No matter how flat you make a pancake, it has two sides. Mykelti knows better about what's been going on than we ever will.

• Love 14

I'm not terribly surprised Mykelti visited the manse. She made a statement to People magazine at the time of Avalon's birth about Robyn being present for the birth via Zoom, or something similar to that. I don't think she's on the outs with Robyn.

Mykelti lives in another state and has her own adult married life, she doesn't have to put up with Robyn that often. She may have had to jump through a few hoops to make the visit, but she knew she wasn't going to get to see her dad at all, otherwise. It was worth it to her.

Putting up with some crap from a relative once or twice a year, in order to see the rest of your relatives, is something a lot of people have to do. 

From Robyn's standpoint, she can spin this into a win for herself. She could, for instance, say "Oh yes Kody, I would love to have them visit! Just tell them they have to follow x, y, and z rules for 2 weeks beforehand." She can flex her muscles a little bit, but still come out looking like "see how nice I am, I want us to all be a family...it's only Janelle and Christine who can't follow the rules..."

She knows if she flat out says no, no visit from M & T and the grandbaby, she will look bad...with just a little finagling, she can make J & C look bad instead.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Apparently Mykelti and family had Covid, including Avalon.  As did Christine and kids.

Where did you hear this?  Kody must be so worried........wait, you said Christine and her kids.  Never mind.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Where did you hear this?  Kody must be so worried........wait, you said Christine and her kids.  Never mind.

She put it on her Facebook.  Tony brought it home from Vegas (chess tournament) and it went through immediate family and then on to Christine and kids.  Mild symptoms.  She said only Aspyn is vaccinated and had it the easiest.  Testing line was 2 hours long for Mykelti and Tony in Lehi.  They did not tell Koootie until they were on the mend.  Just hope Truely is well recovered, but as one of our medical persons here said her acute kidney illness was not a problem, unlike chronic kidney illness.  So most likely Sobyn's pneumonia and Sol's respiratory illness are not factors.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, sheshark said:

She put it on her Facebook.  Tony brought it home from Vegas (chess tournament) and it went through immediate family and then on to Christine and kids.  Mild symptoms.  She said only Aspyn is vaccinated and had it the easiest.  Testing line was 2 hours long for Mykelti and Tony in Lehi.  They did not tell Koootie until they were on the mend.  Just hope Truely is well recovered, but as one of our medical persons here said her acute kidney illness was not a problem, unlike chronic kidney illness.  So most likely Sobyn's pneumonia and Sol's respiratory illness are not factors.

Pretty sure Christine and Gwen both posted on Instagram that they were vaccinated?

• Useful 7