Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Does the public really need to know that Avalon lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks, drinks more breast milk from the bottle than from the breast, and that her breast milk is apparently the "good stuff?"

Oh, geez, TMI.  These people really have diarrhea of the mouth. 

Frankly, Scarlet....

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Mykelti really overshared in that last post, and then had to defend herself.  Does the public really need to know that Avalon lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks, drinks more breast milk from the bottle than from the breast, and that her breast milk is apparently the "good stuff?"

Overshare and then people expect to continue to know all your business.

I don't believe it's a good thing that Avalon is losing weight, unless her pediatrician said she needed to. I'd have already taken my kid in for a check up if he lost weight at that age!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I don't believe it's a good thing that Avalon is losing weight, unless her pediatrician said she needed to. I'd have already taken my kid in for a check up if he lost weight at that age!

Yeah, my first thought was apparently her breast milk is NOT the good stuff. 

But I guess when you are as overweight as these two, you live vicariously (and unhealthily) through the weight loss of your baby daughter.  Not a great parenting look. 

• Love 3

Babies can lose weight while teething, but keep in touch with a real doctor about it, Mykelti.  Don't wait until she's down to less than her birthweight as your father & Janelle did with Maddie.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Babies can lose weight while teething, but keep in touch with a real doctor about it, Mykelti.  Don't wait until she's down to less than her birthweight as your father & Janelle did with Maddie.

How much did the baby weigh at birth? Two pounds seems an awful lot for a 4 month old to lose. I'm not saying she looks unhealthy or underweight in the pic, of course.

• Love 5
On 8/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, ginger90 said:

Every time I hear the word “Avalon” I think of the “don’t mess with the Zohan” movie with Adam Sandler. The “Avalon” is a dated haircut, and Sandler’s character is obsessed with it. I cannot see that name without thinking of this:  

image.jpeg.5172de3bc664eeae5cdbbd7ba972033c.jpeg

• LOL 6

From Mykelti's IG Story. She said in her breathless voice that Avalon is now 20 weeks, "which equals 5 Months" and that she watched her Daddy playing Videogames. So I guess being a professional gamer is indeed his new job? Anyway, Avalon is cute as a button. 

IMG-20210825-WA0002.jpg

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

I just want to know if Kody has bothered to go meet the baby yet. Or if he is still locked in Robyn's house because Solomon had RSV 5,000 years ago and can't be exposed to any germs.

If he wasn't invited to "officiate" at the home birth, he probably has no interest unless cameras might be present.  Mykelti is pretty active on Instagram, I'm sure she would have posted photos if he had visited.

• Love 11

If he wasn't invited to "officiate" at the home birth, he probably has no interest unless cameras might be present.  Mykelti is pretty active on Instagram, I'm sure she would have posted photos if he had visited.

When both Maddie and Mykelti were getting married, it really seemed to me like there was a difference in how Maddie was treated by the family versus Mykelti. I wondered if Maddie is just the favorite daughter, or if Kody was just really in love with Maddie's fiance versus Mykelti's fiance. But there seemed to be a huge difference in how Mykelti was treated by Kody in comparison to Maddie. 

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

When both Maddie and Mykelti were getting married, it really seemed to me like there was a difference in how Maddie was treated by the family versus Mykelti. I wondered if Maddie is just the favorite daughter, or if Kody was just really in love with Maddie's fiance versus Mykelti's fiance. But there seemed to be a huge difference in how Mykelti was treated by Kody in comparison to Maddie. 

Kody seems to have a huge "Bro" crush on Caleb and Caleb seems to be a little uncomfortable with the situation, I have never noticed Caleb reciprocate or initiate the bromance.

When Tony was introduced, he seemed to be assigned the role of buffoon in contrast to stable Caleb.  He was no doubt excited to be on TV and played right into suggested scenarios such as requesting 2nd mortgage to finance wedding, making stupid comments about vending machines in ladies restroom, pushing Mykelti to wear her hair down for wedding, smacking effigy pinatas, and thousands of tacos.

I don't think Tony is as bad as he has been portrayed.  He and Mykelti seem to be financially secure and consider the differences between Mykelti and Maddie when they post on Instagram.  Mykelti seems to be bubbling over with joy and when Maddie isn't pushing her poison potion, it's all "woe is me" my life is so haaard, even before the challenges she faces with little Evie.

Maddie demands attention, where I don't think Mykelti really gives a shit whether Kody likes her and her husband or not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I agree with you. I think Kody had a bro crush on Caleb and was VERY HAPPY to have him in the family so he gushed over the wedding. I think Mykelti was a "difficult" teen (I dont mean actually difficult, but the more temperamental personality and not naturally helpful the way Asypn and Logan were), so they were concerned was she really making the right decision in marrying Tony. Caleb was way older than Maddie (that gave a bit of a side eye with the age gap) and established financially so the parents were more supportive. 

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She is cute! 😁

75FB28ED-606E-4C22-A063-8EE36B782E1F.jpeg

I love this photo. Avalon is SO PRECIOUS those cheeks I am dying. I love babies with chubby cheeks.

• Love 7

Adorable baby, and agree with others that Mykelti and Tony seem to have their lives together, even if she's supporting his video gaming with her LLRot sales. I have a feeling she did not want her father there during the birth. It's refreshing that she seems to truly enjoy being a mom unlike Madison. She was raised by a mom who loved kids, unlike Maddie whose mom seemed to want nothing to do with actually raising hers.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Adorable baby, and agree with others that Mykelti and Tony seem to have their lives together, even if she's supporting his video gaming with her LLRot sales. I have a feeling she did not want her father there during the birth. It's refreshing that she seems to truly enjoy being a mom unlike Madison. She was raised by a mom who loved kids, unlike Maddie whose mom seemed to want nothing to do with actually raising hers.

It's likely Mykelti enjoys caregiving more than Madison, and I understand that the vast majority of people want biological children, and yet caregiving isnt everyone's cup of tea- people either hire someone, partner with someone who has that "caregiver drive", you use extended family (grandparents/great aunts and uncles)  if they don't have it. I think its good Mykelti and Tony waited a hot minute to have a child since they were married so young. (not that having children right away is necessarily bad if thats what people want to do)

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think its good Mykelti and Tony waited a hot minute to have a child since they were married so young. (not that having children right away is necessarily bad if thats what people want to do)

I think Tony is smarter than he was portrayed on the show, and yes, it's nice that he and Mykelti had some time together as a couple before the baby.  Especially given her upbringing in a house full of kids. If the baby had come earlier, though, I think they still would have been overjoyed at becoming parents.

I'm pleased that Aspyn and Mitch seem to be giving themselves some time before starting a family as well - for the same reason. Aspyn especially was "parentified" at a very young age.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 12

I thought Tony and Mykelti were treated quite well when they got married, especially by Kody.  

Tony is positive about Kody, but I did laugh when he makes a comment about dumb people.  I honestly don’t think he meant for it to sound that way. Still funny….

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I thought Tony and Mykelti were treated quite well when they got married, especially by Kody.  

Tony and Mykelti had a nice wedding. And it wasn't just Kody. I got the feeling that the whole family was more excited for Maddie's wedding than they were for Mykelti's. Personally, I would be upset that either of them was getting married so young after dropping out of college and having no career path or employable skill. But when you look at their role models, I guess you can't be too surprised. 

• Love 12
On 8/25/2021 at 7:08 PM, Kellyee said:

I like Mykelti a lot better than Maddie but she started off that whole wedding thing on the wrong foot. Not only were there some worries about the speed with which things progressed but she did steal the limelight from Maddie who was about to get married. And then both she and Tony thought it was perfectly fine to marry right after Caleb and Maddie. It took a lot to at least postpone it until December. I would have been pretty pissed if my sister had tried that!

And as for a lack of enthusiasm…. I can see how Tony’s first impressions weren’t that good; he would definitely not make my short list for potential sons in laws! But, he and Mykelti seem like a good fit and make each other happy. And that’s what matters I guess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, LilyD said:

I like Mykelti a lot better than Maddie but she started off that whole wedding thing on the wrong foot. Not only were there some worries about the speed with which things progressed but she did steal the limelight from Maddie who was about to get married. And then both she and Tony thought it was perfectly fine to marry right after Caleb and Maddie. It took a lot to at least postpone it until December. I would have been pretty pissed if my sister had tried that!

While I agree with this, I look at it from Mykelti's point of view in regards to her relationship with Kody as possibly the least-favored daughter of the least-favored wife.  Mykelti grew up getting little attention from Kody unless it was negative attention, which was probably the only way she could get him to recognize her at all.  By planting her feet firmly in front of her dad and telling him that she was getting married shortly after Maddie, I think she was sticking it to Daddy right where it hurt him most and I don't really blame her for it. 

As nutso as I thought Tony and Mykelti's wedding was, it was inversely crazy in comparison to Maddie's refined "boho-camo-chic-dreamcatcher" wedding.  Daughter Number One has Kody weeping while pretending to officiate Maddie's wedding when really all he wanted to do was make out with the groom - then you've got Tokelti and the 5,000 street tacos, Frisbees as weapons and pinatas beat in effigy.  I think I'd rather party with the Tokelti bunch personally, lol.

• Love 18
On 8/30/2021 at 8:33 PM, laurakaye said:

While I agree with this, I look at it from Mykelti's point of view in regards to her relationship with Kody as possibly the least-favored daughter of the least-favored wife.  Mykelti grew up getting little attention from Kody unless it was negative attention, which was probably the only way she could get him to recognize her at all.  By planting her feet firmly in front of her dad and telling him that she was getting married shortly after Maddie, I think she was sticking it to Daddy right where it hurt him most and I don't really blame her for it. 

I recently rewatched several older episodes and when you pay attention, it is sad to see how often Mykelti was criticized for dumb things like wearing shirts that weren’t modest when actually they were. Or her move to st George where she even had a job lined up to be self-sufficient. Kody and Christine looked anything but pleased! So you may be absolutely right with your observation. I still think it was a rude move towards Maddie but at the same time, I can understand it a little when taking the family/sibling dynamics into account.

I have always liked her free-spirited attitude and believe her totally capable of telling her dad to stay the %#@ away when she was giving birth!

• Love 10

Mykelti is defending Lularoe on her Instagram right now. She says this was all old news and a lot of what was being said was taken out of context. Basically the same statement as Meri's. And of course it isn't LLR's fault, the retailers just don't work hard enough. 🙄

• Love 1
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"miss informed?"  Her posts are always misspelled.  And this one's pure damage control bullshit.  Sorry Sweetie, you're a brainwashed cult member.

Can we change the title of this thread to "Miss Informed, Street Tacos and a Baby?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Just like with all mid-level marketing schemes, most LulaRoe consultants never make a profit. A few make good money at it because they have a large network, like from a television show following. The rest end up losing money. 

But at least LulaRoe sells clothes you can wear. I can't figure out who in their right mind is buying that Plexus crap.

• Love 5

Everything I've read about Plexus says it doesn't work for weight loss. So what exactly is it for?
 From what ingredients I can find, there's caffeine, but who knows what else because there's not a comprehensive list. There could be pencil shavings in there, or puréed eraser crumbs, or canned cat food!

I'm kind of surprised they can get away with not listing each and every ingredient in today's world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm kind of surprised they can get away with not listing each and every ingredient in today's world.

That may be why the different products and what they are for are so vaguely described on the website and in the cult members' posts. I've seen "green coffee beans" and "garcinia cambogia" listed as ingredients on older posts.  Those things were common ~15 yrs ago in since-discredited weight loss products you could buy at Walmart etc. Side effects include liver damage, stomach upset, dry mouth, headaches, dizziness, and diarrhea. Lovely.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I've seen "green coffee beans" and "garcinia cambogia" listed as ingredients on older posts. 

The thing is, they never mention amounts because, you know, "secret ingredients".  That's why no lab will even try to determine if it's unhealthy.  You can overdose on pretty much anything and this wonky ingredients can be bad if taking in large quantities.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4