Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That first picture is so, so awkward.

Ah, yes.  The "I don't care if everyone is freezing.  This is MY DAY and I want MY wedding OUTSIDE" attitude.  So SHE wears Tony's jacket (ensuring that they will both look stupid during the exchange of vows and rings), and everyone else just wishes it were over.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I guess that's a personal thing. I would never sign a contract for serious money with anyone that had a desk full of kids toys.  I, too, had personal items but a couple of more generic things. 

If the collectioin is made up of something that the customer doesn't know about or doesn't like it could kill a deal, make them uncomfortable, or keep them from sitting down to negotiate at all.  No way I'd talk money with FT with that junk staring at me.

To each his own, of course.  But fun and whimsy would not fly in the workplace from which I retired. It would have been frowned upon.

Exactly... It's the same reason that realtors tell people to clear their house of personal knickknacks and clutter.

JMO but It's not about taking yourself too seriously or being too mature... It's just good business if you deal with the public at your desk.

I have a collection of antique dolls but I wouldn't dream of having them all over my desk or sitting around in my office because not everyone likes antique dolls... In fact some people find them extremely creepy lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

What I find creepy is those life-sized baby dolls that look real!  

Mykelti was a bridezilla, and FT was actually worse, in demanding that Mykelti wear her hair down (like HE wanted it) and going to the bridal shop to veto any dress that he didn't like.  The thingk I most hated about that weddingk was when M didn't wear one of those fur or fur-like wraps that Janelle gave her.  All the other "mothers" got their gifts in the photos.  But Miss M just had to walk outside in freezing weather to show off her shoulders.  What an idiot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I love this.  I too keep trinkets on my desk.  Not only do they server to remind me of life outside work and bring a bit of joy to the workplace, they also frequently serve as a conduit to conversation and connection with whomever I am meeting with.  These things tend to humanize people since we generally are not a bunch of automatons at work.

It seems under the auspice of "mature" we take ourselves too seriously and have lost all aspects of fun and whimsy.

So true, Sharker! I love Harry Potter and have a collection of HP legos. The manager and I bonded over HP and had a great conversation about HP. I even got a discount. Everyone needs some whimsy in their lives!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, neh said:

So true, Sharker! I love Harry Potter and have a collection of HP legos. The manager and I bonded over HP and had a great conversation about HP. I even got a discount. Everyone needs some whimsy in their lives!

Come visit me.  Our guest room is also known as the Harry Potter Shrine.  I have wands, and we could go all Draco/Harry/Chamber of Secrets with them!!!

I'm 73.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Come visit me.  Our guest room is also known as the Harry Potter Shrine.  I have wands, and we could go all Draco/Harry/Chamber of Secrets with them!!!

I'm 73.

Too cool! Let's invite Tony and Mykelti! I'll bring some tacos.  I am 69.

Edited by neh
More to say
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That first picture is so, so awkward.

It looks like they missed each other's mouths...or, something.  I'm not sure what they were going for here but it's weird.

Also, I still can't believe this guy wore jeans to his own wedding while his "bro-men" wore actual dress pants.  FT wouldn't know class if it came up to him and stole his tacos.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

It looks like they missed each other's mouths...or, something.  I'm not sure what they were going for here but it's weird.

Also, I still can't believe this guy wore jeans to his own wedding while his "bro-men" wore actual dress pants.  FT wouldn't know class if it came up to him and stole his tacos.

She's legit sucking his nose.  🤢

I can't get over the jeans either.  Complete with his gut hanging over them.  Thankfully we're spared his FUPA in that picture.  He's just so grody. 

• LOL 6

and once again with the cheap fabric and finishing... with a cape the lining is kind of important since they tend to flap open etc... it should have a finished lining or faux fur or sherpa or something other than the wrong side of a cheap piece of fabric.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She looks like she doesn’t have a neck, it’s like her head got plopped onto her torso. And that cape looks like something you’d put on at a salon while they color your hair, except it’s too flimsy.  And I’m sorry, but her hair looks so greasy!  Ewww!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not only that, but she's doing the "ten pound twist".

But, that skinny filter and her "cape" make her feel like a "superhero"!

Meanwhile, back in real life, she'd probably be out of breath just running down the block to the taco truck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

But, that skinny filter and her "cape" make her feel like a "superhero"!

Meanwhile, back in real life, she'd probably be out of breath just running down the block to the taco truck. 

I just remember a month or so ago she was posting all those photos of her going to and from the gym. That apparently has taken a back seat.

• Love 7
On 12/15/2019 at 4:23 PM, JenMcSnark said:

Well, as a 54 year old who has Avengers posters and dolls on my desk at work (as well as hockey and baseball bobbleheads, a couple photos of boybands, etc.,  I find I can adult pretty well with all my weird pudballness.  haha

My hard-working, responsible, married-father-of-two, grown-ass son is all about the Avengers and more. His wife and kids enjoy it all right along with him. I’m all for keeping the fun as we get older. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Again with the skinny filter! Everything around her is warped!  

Ah, so in real life, her house isn't falling backwards and there's not a small, weirdly shaped hill in her driveway? 🙂

• LOL 11
On 12/18/2019 at 6:52 AM, CocoPuffs said:

Awww, I get where Janelle was trying to go with that. I mean it’s negative 80 degrees and we’re all going to be outside, so surely the bride will appreciate this nice piece to wear to help keep her warm. But you could tell by the look on M’s face when she first saw it. She was still in full on diva mode. Nope, I will not cover up MY dress at MY wedding! 

BTW, look at this cute photo of them from way back. What a difference in three short years. 

7083A57C-4912-4A94-BFE6-5F8F09ED3B85.jpeg

You could view it as three short years or 60lbs ago.    Talk about settling into married life.  YIKES!

• Love 4
On 12/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, CocoPuffs said:

Awww, I get where Janelle was trying to go with that. I mean it’s negative 80 degrees and we’re all going to be outside, so surely the bride will appreciate this nice piece to wear to help keep her warm. But you could tell by the look on M’s face when she first saw it. She was still in full on diva mode. Nope, I will not cover up MY dress at MY wedding! 

BTW, look at this cute photo of them from way back. What a difference in three short years. 

7083A57C-4912-4A94-BFE6-5F8F09ED3B85.jpeg

They were married three years ago, but I believe they used this photo on the show and it was taken when they first started dating...so that would be more like 4 (ish) years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/18/2019 at 4:27 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Just go buy a fucking remnant at JoAnn's, sew the edges, and call it good.  $5 tops, and it would look better.

Or spend $10 and double it over so the good side of the fabric is seen on both the inside & outside.  Or two different remnants so you can make it reversible.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Today I was at the movies and I saw a family of five - a mom and 4 tweens. The were wearing Christmas leggings. We were in line and I mentioned that her leggings were very festive. I asked if they were Lulano leggings .......you all a bad influence on me. The woman said she had never heard of Lulano but that they were Lularoe and she buys they online from a girl named Mykelti!

Happy Holidays, All!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

Just west of my house, there's a big LuLaCrap sign in someone's yard saying "come shop with me."  Needless to say, I won't be stopping there.

Maybe FT isn't completely without smarts, and has a financial plan that doesn't include kids at the moment.  If so, he's miles above the Browns.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, neh said:

Today I was at the movies and I saw a family of five - a mom and 4 tweens. The were wearing Christmas leggings. We were in line and I mentioned that her leggings were very festive. I asked if they were Lulano leggings .......you all a bad influence on me. The woman said she had never heard of Lulano but that they were Lularoe and she buys they online from a girl named Mykelti!

Happy Holidays, All!

Thank  you for this gift of a post. :-)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but what the heck is she trying to say:

"Good morning and HAPPY CHRISTMAS with Flagstaff, AZ and ALL THE SNOW tilts gorgeous here enjoy the memory full day if awesomeness"

The snow tilts gorgeous here?  Seriously, huh?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but what the heck is she trying to say:

"Good morning and HAPPY CHRISTMAS with Flagstaff, AZ and ALL THE SNOW tilts gorgeous here enjoy the memory full day if awesomeness"

I don't understand half of what she posts and have the same  problem with Mariah. I taught deaf children for more than 35 years and am used to deciphering non-standard English , but I can't decipher "Brown-ese". I know that some of the problem is Autocorrect and typos, and sometimes that messes me up too. Mariah and Mykelti don't seem to proofread or even try to fix errors. Now that I have said this, I will find 4 or 5 grievous errors in this comment after I hit the "submit" button and unfortunately I have not learned how to edit a comment.  (Relatively new at this.) 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Now that I have said this, I will find 4 or 5 grievous errors in this comment after I hit the "submit" button and unfortunately I have not learned how to edit a comment.  (Relatively new at this.) 

Welcome Liddy.  I also cannot stand to see typos/errors in my own posts and go back to fix them.  On this site, after you submit you will see a blue pencil below your post. Click on that and you can edit it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Thank you! I thought it was just me that could not understand. Snow tilts? I first read that as snow tits which almost makes sense at least more sense than what she wrote. I do wonder if some of the girls  a learning disability of some type. People blame this type of thing on home school but they went to public school when they moved to L.V.  this type of bad writing should have been corrected.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

That hair color is so awfully unflattering. I don’t get it, she probably has nice natural color under that mess.

She is a lovely natural blonde, as can be observed in the inch and a half of new growth.  If she's not going to maintain her hair, why bother to dye it.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

Welcome Liddy.  I also cannot stand to see typos/errors in my own posts and go back to fix them.  On this site, after you submit you will see a blue pencil below your post. Click on that and you can edit it.

Thanks!

On 12/26/2019 at 9:03 AM, laurakaye said:

I may be able to offer my assistance here:

"Good morning and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!  (I am) with (my dear, wonderful hubby FT in) Flagstaff, AZ and (which, at the current moment, has) ALL THE SNOW.  (This) tilts (my perspective of the universe as a whole and my outlook on life and all of the natural beauty that lies within - it's) gorgeous here (so please, all of my dear friends, family and people that buy my LuLaCrap) enjoy the memory (and have a) full day If awesomeness (is what you desire, look no further than the dusting of pure, pristine snow that fell on lo, this beautiful Christmas morn)."

She just left out a couple of words.  I'm quite certain that this is what she was trying to say.

🙄

Thank you @laurakaye for making sense out of the nonsensical!!!

• Love 2
On 12/27/2019 at 11:49 PM, Phoebe70 said:

Both Mariah and Mykelti wrote “Happy Christmas” on their IG posts. That sounds so strange to me. I’ve always heard “Merry Christmas,” not “ Happy Christmas.”

Happy Christmas is an older British thing. I picked up saying it years ago due to my watching all things British telly for most of my life. I have added a lot of British phrases in my speaking just to be different 😁 And since having a close Aussie friend I have also added some of their obscure slang lingo as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6