Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

See I disagree with this.  Logan is regularly lauded and applauded - praised as mature and responsible - for knowing that he does not want to raise children.  Tony pretty much makes the same decision (at least temporarily) that they are NOT ready to have children and he pretty much gets called immature and irresponsible.  They are absolutely doing the right thing by putting off having children.  They should NOT be criticized for it. 

I couldn't agree more

I thought this marriage would be a complete failure because of the Tony on the show and I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to be around him because he acted like a total jerk.

To my surprise these two really seem to love each other and Tony seems like a fairly normal person who wants to enjoy time as a young couple without the responsibility of children.

Mykelti is always happy and complimenting him so he must be doing something right.

Still plenty of other snarkalicious material to work with. 👍

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought this marriage would be a complete failure because of the Tony on the show and I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to be around him because he acted like a total jerk.

To my surprise these two really seem to love each other and Tony seems like a fairly normal person who wants to enjoy time as a young couple without the responsibility of children.

Mykelti is always happy and complimenting him so he must be doing something right.

Still plenty of other snarkalicious material to work with. 👍

I think Tony also realized he was coming off as a jerk as the last season he was REALLY in the background - no attempt whatsoever to be in the spotlight.

And yes, Lulano will ALWAYS be snarkalicious (as well as the fact that we should probably set up a go fund me to buy Mykelti a proofreader.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I've said it before:  FT and Miss M are well-suited.  I don't think I'd go as far as a "match made in heaven," but they really seem like they "get" each other's quirkinesses.

Nothing wrong with postponing (or not having) kids.  Mr. X and I were married for 10+ years when our daughter was born.  She's not going to have kids, period.  Her choice.

I wonder though, who will be next?  Who will bless Kootie with another grandchild?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CocoPuffs said:

What is wrong with the world that Mykelti “can’t write or spell worth a damn” Padron is doing so well in business a polyester leggings scam that she needs an assistant?

I weep for humanity. 😢

Yes, she really is selling Lularoe very well. She has a lot of stuff to invoice and process and mail out. Plus, Mykelti packages the purchases in special ways, like they are presents and includes surprises like candies. Mykelti has a very good marketing strategy.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder though, who will be next?  Who will bless Kootie with another grandchild?

Well seeing as they're all in their early to mid 20's it shouldn't be a surprise if it's no one for a while.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Well seeing as they're all in their early to mid 20's it shouldn't be a surprise if it's no one for a while.

Very true.  That's one thingk I think is good about this bunch.  No pressure (that we know of, anyway) to get married, have babies, or live the plyg lifestyle.  Contrast that with the Duggars.  They seem to all be expected to marry without having even been alone with their intendeds, breed like rabbits, and live a fundie or super religious lifestyle.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've said it before:  FT and Miss M are well-suited.  I don't think I'd go as far as a "match made in heaven," but they really seem like they "get" each other's quirkinesses.

Nothing wrong with postponing (or not having) kids.  Mr. X and I were married for 10+ years when our daughter was born.  She's not going to have kids, period.  Her choice.

They are smart to wait on kids. Gives them a chance to grow up a little and figure their path out before they’re stuck with another tiny human to worry about. 

• Love 9
On 11/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, neh said:

Mykelti is really good at selling these clothes. 

Sorry, but she’s no better at it than the thousands of other Lularoe devotees out there hopelessly trying to make a buck. She just happens to have a ready-made customer fan base and is unscrupulous enough to capitalise on this. 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, neh said:

As far as the buyers...wow! People spend hundreds of dollars during a show and sometimes spend as much the next day on another show. For some it is an addiction, I think.

Those ‘people’ and ‘buyers’ who spend hundreds of dollars? The majority of those are her gullible devoted fans who desperately want to have interaction and please her at any cost and the rest of actual buyers who are wanting a certain pair of hideous unique polyester leggings are only following her because of the reach and pull of her minor celebrity anyway. 

22 hours ago, neh said:

Yes, she really is selling Lularoe very well. She has a lot of stuff to invoice and process and mail out. Plus, Mykelti packages the purchases in special ways, like they are presents and includes surprises like candies

All MLM reps are encouraged from their upline to package with sweeteners and treats to encourage good vibes and sales coming in. Nothing new or unique to Mykelti. Also the stuff she has to ‘process and invoice’ is her full-time job, so she should be able to handle it accordingly. While possibly time consuming, it’s not difficult to pack and dispatch things. 

22 hours ago, neh said:

Mykelti has a very good marketing strategy.  

No she doesn’t. She’s a famous person in an MLM. There’s no strategy here, it’s situational. 

Sorry if this comes across argumentative but let’s not blow smoke up her ass for being a marketing and sales professional when she’s actually a minor celebrity blessed with an outgoing personality,  dubiously capitalising on her fame in an obvious pyramid scheme. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

All MLM reps are encouraged from their upline to package with sweeteners and treats to encourage good vibes and sales coming in.

Meri includes surprise bananas as a sweet treat. 

I'll show myself out...  *tips hat*

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Sorry, but she’s no better at it than the thousands of other Lularoe devotees out there hopelessly trying to make a buck. She just happens to have a ready-made customer fan base and is unscrupulous enough to capitalise on this. 

Those ‘people’ and ‘buyers’ who spend hundreds of dollars? The majority of those are her gullible devoted fans who desperately want to have interaction and please her at any cost and the rest of actual buyers who are wanting a certain pair of hideous unique polyester leggings are only following her because of the reach and pull of her minor celebrity anyway. 

All MLM reps are encouraged from their upline to package with sweeteners and treats to encourage good vibes and sales coming in. Nothing new or unique to Mykelti. Also the stuff she has to ‘process and invoice’ is her full-time job, so she should be able to handle it accordingly. While possibly time consuming, it’s not difficult to pack and dispatch things. 

No she doesn’t. She’s a famous person in an MLM. There’s no strategy here, it’s situational. 

Sorry if this comes across argumentative but let’s not blow smoke up her ass for being a marketing and sales professional when she’s actually a minor celebrity blessed with an outgoing personality,  dubiously capitalising on her fame in an obvious pyramid scheme. 

Yeah, I get the same when I buy stuff from Poshmark and eBay. A thank-you note (usually handwritten) and a little gift of some kind, usually something I don't want that looks like it was obtained from the dollar store. 

The gift and the note (unopened) usually wings its way to the recycle bin or the Goodwill box in my garage. Really, I just want the item I purchased.  For example the last item I bought on Posh was a Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack which retails at $295. Bought it in mint condition for $80, happy with my purchase - the seller threw in a cheap polyester scarf and the ubiquitous thank you note. As stated before both the scarf and the card got tossed. I have enough crap in my place as it is 😳

I know Poshmark encourages the sellers on their site to be as friendly and personable as possible. That's good business. 

One thing to remember as well, unless the system has changed, in those FB live sales it might look like she's sold everything, but just because a claim is made doesn't mean the person who claimed it will actually follow through with the purchase.  I often wonder what the percentage of unsold claims actually is in these sales. All the claim is, is a promise to pay which isn't legally binding. When I was on FB and part of Meri's group after a sale she would post bitchy posts where she called people out by name to say publically I haven't received your payment yet, you have 8 hours to pay me! 🙄

If Mykelti "sells everything" then why does she have so much inventory squished in the rack behind her in every shot? 
Something else I want to add is to remember she's really not interacting with anyone in person. It's not a FaceTime or Skype thing - she's responding to comments that are typed in. I think it's easier to appear personable when you're just reacting to typing and it's easier to mislead people if there's no actual human contact.  What she's doing is watching herself while using the forward-facing camera on her phone or tablet. Smiling back at herself. Just like trying on clothes in the dressing room at Nordstrom and striking poses. There's no eye contact. It's Mykelti alone in her room in front of a camera performing for faceless, lonely people. It's a poor substitute for human contact and one reason I'm off Facebook and Twitter. 

False intimacy.

This is why i eschew texting when I'm dating. It's the worst form of communication, IMO.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 11/26/2019 at 5:17 AM, neh said:

From what I have seen during Mykelti's Lularoe presentations Tony is not the big doofus he came across as being on the show. He is tech savvy and helps Mykelti with those issues. He has an extensive network of friends and he is fiscally conservative. Tony is very close to his family. His brother is living with them now.

I know a lot of tech savvy people who are otherwise useless, because that term means they play lots of video games and know how to use "CNRL+ALT+Delete" and reboot a smartphone.  If he was REALLY tech savvy, he'd have a much higher paying job in the tech industry. Not a low paying bank commission job.

I personally don't count social media followers or Facebook "friends" as genuine friends. is that his extensive network? People he will never meet? 

And he's not showing much fiscal conservatism buying impractical, expensive pickup trucks, comic-con memorabilia, and two "his and hers" side by side big screen TVs. I don't watch the show - this is what HE posts on Instagram. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

🙄

This is why i eschew texting when I'm dating. It's the worst form of communication, IMO.

Sing it sista.  I hate texting in general and I only use it for short bits of info.  I'll meet you at 5:00 is an example.  

Happy thanksgiving to all my Sister Wives peeps.  Have a safe and happy one.

• Love 14
Just now, toodles said:

Sing it sista.  I hate texting in general and I only use it for short bits of info.  I'll meet you at 5:00 is an example.  

Happy Thanksgiving Toodles and all my lovely COL cuties!  ❤️🦃

• Love 10
3 hours ago, toodles said:

Have a great day everyone! Although I'm guessing I'll still be peeping in throughout the day tomorrow. There's only so much football I can watch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, Fig Newton said:

I have my Christmas present all ready and wrapped for my pal, Mykelti.

May she use them well, and enjoy them more. Just a big ole box of commas !

image.png

Don’t forget the big ol’ box of spell check.  
My hubby is an IT guy.  With a very good paying job. He hires a lot of ITS1s from the pool of video game playing adults.  Most work out great, but some don’t.  Rarely though.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Is that for the 2 of them?

No, Mykelti is having dinner with Tony' s family. She made rolls using Christine 's recipe.

Edited by neh
Annoying autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Those look like Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to me! We had them today at dinner.

Maybe that is Christines “recipe”. 😁

Mykelti looks like she’s lost quite a bit of weight.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, CocoPuffs said:

What is wrong with the world that Mykelti “can’t write or spell worth a damn” Padron is doing so well in business a polyester leggings scam that she needs an assistant?

I weep for humanity. 😢

Dyslexia?

• Love 4
On 11/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, toodles said:
On 11/27/2019 at 1:52 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I'm just the opposite, I hate talking on the phone and would rather have a text. I would also find it a lot harder to "perform" for a live selling show without having the actual people in the room. I've never seen either one, but the descriptions of Mykelti's shows sound a lot more fun than Meri's.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Nysha said:

As a COL, it makes me absolutely nuts to see people sitting at a table in a restaurant texting away and ignoring each other.  I use texting for quick updates and nothing else.  There is so much lost in context with texting, for instance the intonation which can make one statement mean two different things.  You can learn so much about a person by listening to the voice - is it a whiny "I really don't want to" or a cheerful "I really don't want to"  or an angry "I really don't want to"?  You can never really know with a text.  You have to hear it in a person's voice.

My friends and I all put our phones in the middle of the table when we go out eat.  The first one to pick up their phone has to pay the bill.  Naturally that wouldn't apply in an emergency but we all agree that it's rude to ignore the company you're with for any other reason.

11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Those look like Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to me! We had them today at dinner.

First thing I thought of as well.  The giant sized ones.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As a COL, it makes me absolutely nuts to see people sitting at a table in a restaurant texting away and ignoring each other.  I use texting for quick updates and nothing else.  There is so much lost in context with texting, for instance the intonation which can make one statement mean two different things.  You can learn so much about a person by listening to the voice - is it a whiny "I really don't want to" or a cheerful "I really don't want to"  or an angry "I really don't want to"?  You can never really know with a text.  You have to hear it in a person's voice.

My friends and I all put our phones in the middle of the table when we go out eat.  The first one to pick up their phone has to pay the bill.  Naturally that wouldn't apply in an emergency but we all agree that it's rude to ignore the company you're with for any other reason.

First thing I thought of as well.  The giant sized ones.

When I'm on a date, or out and about for that matter, my phone is in my pocket or purse. If I'm on a meet date I simply will not take my phone out for any reason, not even to show photos of something or somewhere I'm talking about.  I love listening to Audible books and podcasts when I'm active but I will only use one Airpod. Usually the left one! 

This is my favorite video on the topic - even though Evan Marc Katz couches it in a dating theme most of his points are applicable in non dating situations.  It's a half hour long but well worth listening to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As a COL, it makes me absolutely nuts to see people sitting at a table in a restaurant texting away and ignoring each other.  

Especially at expensive restaurants. Why bother if you are not going there to enjoy the food and each other's company?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Especially at expensive restaurants. Why bother if you are not going there to enjoy the food and each other's company?

Eh, I’m kinda forgiving when it comes to the phone stuff at restaurants. First of all, restaurants are noisy. If I can’t hear what anyone is saying because everyone is talking, I’m going to be on my phone.

I once went to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant and it was so noisy I hated it (having autism makes it worse).  Feeling overwhelmed, it was easier to read stuff on my phone. I don’t even bother trying to listen when it is noisy. If asked, I’m honest—I can’t understand a word anyone is saying so I have tuned out. Honestly I HATE restaurants and being dragged along to a shouting match. So, I wind up on my phone. 

I’ve only ever been to 2 quiet restaurants where conversation was enjoyable and I could hear what someone was saying. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

One can only hope that her shipping labels are typed with more attention to detail than her postings about "invebtory".

Omg. Her failure to proofread is mind boggling—she does it ALL THE TIME. I don’t mean to poke fun at any disability she might have, but “b” cannot ever be mistaken for an “n”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Omg. Her failure to proofread is mind boggling—she does it ALL THE TIME. I don’t mean to poke fun at any disability she might have, but “b” cannot ever be mistaken for an “n”. 

But they are right next to each other on the keyboard.  Still no excuse though, even if her fat fingers hit the wrong key, to not proofread and correct the error.

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I AM NOT AT ALL SURPRISED.

I guess I shouldn't be either.  We've been up close and personal with their stuffed toy collection and their side-by-side TV's. 

Not sure how she comes across so positively during her rag sales.  She really has the IQ of a turnip.  No offense to turnips.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I guess I shouldn't be either.  We've been up close and personal with their stuffed toy collection and their side-by-side TV's. 

Not sure how she comes across so positively during her rag sales.  She really has the IQ of a turnip.  No offense to turnips.

I think one needs to consider the type of women who are still buying LLR (at full retail!) and their own mindset or what have you. I think most of them might identify with Messy Mykelti. 

• Love 9

These women that buy these shitty LuLaCrap clothes must be online shopping addicts, not to mention cultish types.  The show Hoarders shows unopened boxes bought from shopping channels, etc., amongst piles of literal shit and garbage.  That's what their target audience probably consists of.  JMO

• LOL 1
  • Love 11