Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

On 10/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, smarty2020 said:

How much LuLaRoe would you have to sell each month to bring home the equivalent of a $3,000 paycheck at a bank? 1500 leggings?  

Well I follow a lady in my area just for shits and giggles - her and her husband do it full time and just the other day she was pushing for people to join for the low low price of only $500!!!!  I think she said it's about 65 pieces and I believe she said the income made on those 65 piece would be slightly under $3k. Pretty sure it was 2-something.  I so badly wanted to ask but what if you get all ugly shit... then you're out $500. 

16 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I kind of like her with bangs... that's all I got...

Me too.. I'm kind of jealous she can rock bangs.  

• Love 4
On 10/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, neh said:

Why, why,why, do these outliers have TWO ginormous tvs?

I can't believe I actually remember this ...but she made a post a long time ago about it and it was so weird it just stuck in my head...

They have two side by side televisions so that she can watch her shows and he can (wearing headphones) play his games. At the same time, while still sitting together on the couch. Because you need two tellys instead of just, you know, sharing!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I can't believe I actually remember this ...but she made a post a long time ago about it and it was so weird it just stuck in my head...

They have two side by side televisions so that she can watch her shows and he can (wearing headphones) play his games. At the same time, while still sitting together on the couch. Because you need two tellys instead of just, you know, sharing!!

It's also very handy when Tony needs another round of tacos while playing his games, Mykelti is just an elbow nudge and a raised eyebrow away.

• LOL 9
36 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Because you need two tellys instead of just, you know, sharing!!

Instead of just, you know, communicating.  They are newlyweds, for pete's sake.  Don't they ever talk or get out of the house and do things?  Talk about couch potatoes.  No wonder FT is so FFFFFF.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Instead of just, you know, communicating.  They are newlyweds, for pete's sake.  Don't they ever talk or get out of the house and do things?  Talk about couch potatoes.  No wonder FT is so FFFFFF.

Exactly!  Or wanting to spend time together, sharing each others interests etc.  The one thing I noticed on the show was how cuddly touchy they were (eye contact etc) BEFORE they were married, but  the times they have been on camera together after marriage is just weird, they aren't that way at all.  With Tony's weight gain I can't help but wonder if any and all physical aspects of their relationship have dwindled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Mykelti and Tony went for a test drive.....

551AC84C-004E-4BDD-898B-B33B76DBF520.jpeg

EBF52214-8B48-40AD-8C3C-94B806C6142E.jpeg

D986E0BC-104A-44A2-975E-0006C6E92F5D.jpeg

I bet the salesperson was really annoyed when he realized they were just there to take selfies.

ETA to add that I actually watched it with the sound on this time (I was at the salon and I don't want people to know I watch this crap 😳🤣) and gawd, they're acting like a couple of idiots. "Ooooooh we're driving a TESLA 🙄" I live in the Bay Area where I'm sure they're a much more common sight on the roads (they're everywhere!) but still. I felt bad for the sales guy. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

But first, they wasted money on a birthday party for their dog.

My apologies to other pet people out there but for my cats at Christmas I actually buy them something they can actually enjoy, like a cat tree or some sort of toy - I have my eye on a Rumble Rug for this year.

I think Spader would have enjoyed some quality time at a dog park with a chuckIt ball and thrower. 

56AE3CAD-352E-45FE-A208-76F5F6FB0BE5.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, neh said:

Why, why,why, do these outliers have TWO ginormous tvs?

17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Plus it’s in her hashtags, well sorta

#twotvsbecauseiwatchchicflickheplqyesvideogame

I would make fun of this, but she probably has some sort of undiagnosed learning disability.  My grammar and spelling are atrocious, so I know it’s bad when I notice things 😞

• Love 3

OMG, fellow COLs.......

I haven't been following Mykelti on Instagram for long, so I was sitting here scrolling through pics while waiting for a pizza delivery.  That's how I roll on Sunday nights!

Anyhoo, I came across the post below, and was SHOCKED by this chick's feet.  Shocked, I tell ya.  They're filthy, fat, and probably funky.  Ugh.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 5

She's a Brown. I bet she showers in the morning, goes through her day, ends up with filthy feet and jumps right into bed like that.

You know she does.

My hell, your bed is your shrine. At the very least, use the shower wand on your feet or wash your feet in the shower spray.

And don't forget your tee tee.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, Kohola3 said:

They are newlyweds, for pete's sake.  Don't they ever talk or get out of the house and do things?  

They do "fashion" shoots outside in the driveway.

CouchTater, we had a field day on here when #smilingwithfilthyfeet first posted that pic. 😉

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, CouchTater said:

OMG, fellow COLs.......

I haven't been following Mykelti on Instagram for long, so I was sitting here scrolling through pics while waiting for a pizza delivery.  That's how I roll on Sunday nights!

Anyhoo, I came across the post below, and was SHOCKED by this chick's feet.  Shocked, I tell ya.  They're filthy, fat, and probably funky.  Ugh.

Why did she say, "yes, this curb was right off the road"? By definition, a curb is" a stone or concrete edging to a street or path."  Are we the morons?

The hashstags make me feel like something is not right with ME.  #AllStGeorgeHasAreBigBushes.

Double entendre? Doubtful.

#kneesTogetherLikeALady, but stanky feet. Ok, then..................

• LOL 8
9 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Does Tony work or does he also sell Lularoe? 😄

I'm not sure what position he holds but Tony is employed at a bank in St. George, UT.  Mykelti was employed at the same bank before her LLR career but I think one of them had to go, they were doing a lot of clowning around with selfies when they were both there.

They must be good with money management, they bought a home shortly after they were married and a new big truck a few months ago.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure what position he holds but Tony is employed at a bank in St. George, UT.  Mykelti was employed at the same bank before her LLR career but I think one of them had to go, they were doing a lot of clowning around with selfies when they were both there.

They must be good with money management, they bought a home shortly after they were married and a new big truck a few months ago.

Well, I am happy for them. They are doing better than her parents! 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I know plenty of people in real life (including family members) who bought houses and new cars and ended up being overextended. 

Being in the financial services industry myself, I also know lots of people who are great at their job in said industry who are in massive debt. 

Car loans are among the easiest loans to get since they're attached/secured with the vehicle and if there's an accident that involves a total loss of the vehicle the lienholder is paid first. I think they're either leasing or paying a high interest rate if they bought. 

As for me personally, my car is 14 years old and has 105k on it. It's not flashy, but it's been reliable and I've been able to maximize my 401k contributions over the past 10 years due to not having a car payment.  I wonder how much Tokelti has saved? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I sincerely doubt it.  I bet they have huge loans on each of these and pay the minimum.  I also bet their credit cards are maxed out and they pay the minimum on those as well.  They got the house when Mykelti was employed which is probably how they qualified but that's not the case any longer. 

It's the Brown Financial Plan - run up every credit card to the limit and then go for bankruptcy.  Rinse and repeat.  My wager is on that pathway for this pair.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I sincerely doubt it.  I bet they have huge loans on each of these and pay the minimum.  I also bet their credit cards are maxed out and they pay the minimum on those as well.  They got the house when Mykelti was employed which is probably how they qualified but that's not the case any longer. 

It's the Brown Financial Plan - run up every credit card to the limit and then go for bankruptcy.  Rinse and repeat.  My wager is on that pathway for this pair.

While that's certainly possible, we don't really know anything about Tony's upbringing or HIS financial philosophy.  He didn't grow up a Brown so it's possible that wasn't his way of life from birth (his parents could be normal, responsible people for all we know.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

..we don't really know anything about Tony's upbringing or HIS financial philosophy. 

Perfectly true. However we do know that he has a low level banking job in a small town - and payments on a new truck and a house on one salary while his wife is shelling out for two MLMs and hitting the coffee shops.

At that age, with a well paying job as a nurse in a big city, there is no way I could have managed that kind of expense.  I was still saving for a down payment on a house and had a 5 year old car.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

While that's certainly possible, we don't really know anything about Tony's upbringing or HIS financial philosophy.  

He wanted Kody and Christine to take out a second mortgage on their Las Vegas house to pay for his and Mykelti's wedding.  That tells me everything I need to know about HIS financial philosophy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

He wanted Kody and Christine to take out a second mortgage on their Las Vegas house to pay for his and Mykelti's wedding.  That tells me everything I need to know about HIS financial philosophy.

Just looking at what they post, “things” mean a lot of them. New things. They think having these things will make them appear higher status or more successful. instead, based on what we know about them, it makes them look incredibly irresponsible. 

New trucks are ridiculous expensive. We got a used one 18 months ago and it’s the highest monthly vehicle payment we’ve ever had. We actually needed it for where we live—4x4 roads—so a truck wasn’t just a status accessory, it was necessary. And they’re so damn costly. We felt lucky to find one around 30k. USED. 

Even with both of us working, we have to budget. We wouldn’t ever have been able to afford a house and new truck just starting out, even if our credit allowed it. Either these two have a lot of money squirreled away or they’re going to be in trouble soon. There’s no way Miss M is selling enough of those ugly-ass clothes. If she is, my faith in my gender is lost. Stupid, stupid women. 

New house? Big new truck? Waiting expectantly for the train derailment. 

• Love 13

That whole Tesla test driving thing was embarrassing. They acted like a couple of idiots. 

The people I know who actually own Teslas didn't get them as a status symbol, but because they liked them and could afford one.  Also as the Uber driver who picked me up in his Tesla pointed out - he saves tons of money because there's no gas involved and he can charge it for free at his regular place of work. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just the way he said that, I truly believe he was trying to be funny.  They really didn't show any scenes of them trying to be over-the-top expensive with their wedding.  I'd be willing to venture that Aspyn's was much more expensive.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Just the way he said that, I truly believe he was trying to be funny.  

If you're trying to make a good impression on your in-laws-to-be, perhaps you should be aware of the fact that there had already been 3 or 4 bankruptcies amongst them.  Let's give Tony the benefit of the doubt, and assume he was trying to be funny.  Sadly, his attempt fell flat, and made him look like a real loser.

JMO.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Just the way he said that, I truly believe he was trying to be funny.  They really didn't show any scenes of them trying to be over-the-top expensive with their wedding.  I'd be willing to venture that Aspyn's was much more expensive.

I think he was trying to be funny in that moment as well, but they're in their early 20's and I doubt they've saved much if anything. 

The house can be considered an investment I suppose, but a big expensive flashy truck is definitely not. Vehicles aren't investments per se. I like what this guy says:

https://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/cost-vs-value-should-you-buy-a-new-car-or-used-car/

Pick a good car — for the long haul. A lot of people want to prioritize how a car looks over anything else. What color is it going to be? Two-door or four? Does it come with those Lambo doors that open sideways? But you should really prioritize getting a good, reliable car that you’ll be able to drive around for at least 10 years. Like saving for retirement, you are investing in your car for the long term. This isn’t like clothes where you can just cycle out of it after a year or two. You want to hold onto your car for as long as you possibly can because it costs so much. Especially since it’s only going to depreciate in value over time. 

Other signs of fiscal irresponsiblity: two side by side TVs, collection of expensive comiccon crap (I'm sure they think it's worth a bunch of money, but just try selling that stuff - it's not exactly liquid and usually you're lucky to get half of what you paid - BTDT) and most of all, the closet filled with racks of LLR which will never, ever sell.

9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If you're trying to make a good impression on your in-laws-to-be, perhaps you should be aware of the fact that there had already been 3 or 4 bankruptcies amongst them.  Let's give Tony the benefit of the doubt, and assume he was trying to be funny.  Sadly, his attempt fell flat, and made him look like a real loser.

JMO.

Well in that case, it was an accurate depiction. 

😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think he was trying to be funny in that moment as well, but they're in their early 20's and I doubt they've saved much if anything. 

The house can be considered an investment I suppose, but a big expensive flashy truck is definitely not. Vehicles aren't investments per se. I like what this guy says:

As someone who has a truck that is old enough to vote I agree with this guy.  But, as you say, they are young.  They don't really strike me as all that different from a lot of early 20 somethings (buy a lot of stuff you don't need - or live a lifestyle you can't really afford - and suddenly realize you have nothing saved).  They COULD be getting themselves in over their heads or they could not.  I'm generally conservative with money (and have a VERY low debt tolerance) but if I had half the money I wasted on stupid crap when I was young, I'd be quite rich.  Until we KNOW they've screwed up, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 3

Possibly a large portion of the down payment for the house came in the form of wedding gifts.  Many cultures give money envelopes instead of purchasing gifts.  If the wedding hosted 300 people and assuming 150 were from Tony's side of the family, that could mean 75 couples may have gifted them with cash.  That could be a very good start towards home ownership.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ugh. And of course she has comments from people who loooooove it. Am I missing something? Because I don't see that as very cute or comfortable.

ETA - just in time for the holidays, a one piece sack to overeat in. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 11

At least this pattern is in the "normal" range of design. If it wasn't a onesy, the outfit could be almost OK. And the red shoes go well with the blue and white of the outfit. Mykelti wins for this terrible outfit! Meri and Christine, just NO!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Because I don't see that as very cute or comfortable.

Or practical.  Wait until the first time they need to piddle in a hurry and are in a public restroom with a dirty floor.  No way to strip down to below the waist and keep the top from dragging in the muck.  Been there, done that when I had to wear a flight suit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Or practical.  Wait until the first time they need to piddle in a hurry and are in a public restroom with a dirty floor.  No way to strip down to below the waist and keep the top from dragging in the muck.  Been there, done that when I had to wear a flight suit.

Yeah, that is so true. At least this color combo is "normal" . As I said, if it wasn't a onesy it could be considered cute. But he!! no, I'm not wearing anything that is going to drag on a restroom floor!!!

• Love 7

LLR goes from one extreme to another when it comes to sleeves. It's either skin tight sausage casings or flutter sleeves that increase the hideous of the horizontal stripes (and the camo). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4