Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Sally’s sells clip-in extensions in red, pink, blue and blonde. They’re sold in 2 piece sets. You place them right and blend them right and they look amazing. No chalk, no bleach, no dye, no damage. You take them out and the color is gone. And they’re real hair. 

For awhile I got Fairy Hair. Fairy Hair are strands of sparkly glitter woven into one's hair. I started a trend in my town, especially at the senior center. COLs are all into being trendy.😉

Just now, neh said:

For awhile I got Fairy Hair. Fairy Hair are strands of sparkly glitter woven into one's hair. I started a trend in my town, especially at the senior center. COLs are all into being trendy.😉

Maybe we are "edgy!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

My daughter is a blonde and when she was a teenager it turned a dull mousey color.  I understood her desire to dye it and the first dye job was expensive.  She went dramatic to a deep red auburn color.  But then she learned that red is the hardest color to maintain and she started to study coloring it at home, caring for colored hair etc. She learned to maintain her color naturally with henna and ...yes...beets.  I had a big bed of beets in the garden for several years.  lolol it was a lot of work but she did it naturally for awhile then she moved onto other colors and hair extensions etc.  Her hair was her artwork through high school.  At one point she had extensions and a beautiful head of ocean blue waves.  We were shopping one day and a group of young girls (4 or 5 yrs old ish) came up to her staring at her.  One piped up..."Are you a mermaid?" She was really sweet to them and squatted down so they could look at her hair and they asked to touch it to see if it was real.  Keeping colored hair healthy and looking good is a LOT of work.  Many times my kitchen and bathroom looked like a laboratory exploded when she was experimenting.  Today she is back to all natural, thanks to her years of study she is quite the expert on skin and hair care, and she is a mechanical engineer trying to decide on graduate programs.

If my memory is right, Mykelti was only blonde in the first season of the show.  Maddie had black hair from the beginning.  I have always thought that the girls who dye their hair do it to stand out from the sea of blondes.  If you watch the first season, Mykelti is difficult to pick out unless she is right in front of the camera, she does blend in.

That sounds lovely!  I don't think my niece would have that dedication to the work involved.  I love those multi color hair colors where it is purple/blue/various shades like the mermaid.  We have a gal on campus that does it and she has really long wavy hair.  It is so pretty!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tried to find a blonde Mykelti. This is what I came up with:

07E2C8AC-6547-4624-A005-0A18C3C88219.jpeg

Thanks @ginger90!

Woof, that was a rough-looking crew at this point.  Truely and Ysabel were the only cuties.  They've all "grown into their looks," as the saying goes.

Mykelti looks better as a blonde, but I don't mind her current dye job.

Mykelti seems to have Kootie's eyes but Christine's eyebrows, which look incongruous together. Most of the other kids have eyes that slant down at the outer edges, like Christine's, with eyebrows that conform.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 6:37 PM, neh said:

The last time I got my haircut, the stylist used pink chalk to put in strategic streaks of color. She said that it would wash out. I loved it but on my white hair, it did not wash out but stayed for three weeks. I was the coolest Col in Hillsborough, NC.

My 70 year old neighbor down the street has a beautiful turquoise hair color.  Maybe I will do that one day.  

• Love 4

The trend at my senior center is purple.  All purple hair, streaks of purple, chunks of purple...you name. Being "edgy" , I can't follow the purple trend. Although my favorite Korean boy band, BTS, is all into purple, so I am tempted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

70 yr old COL here I have below shoulder length hair auburn/ mostly gray. I am vacillating between getting it dyed or shaving my head like Amanda on Animal Planet's  Amanda to the Rescue. So much less work all around. I wouldn't mind purple highlights either!!

• Love 3

#robegoals??  Seriously?  A wardrobe full of mismatched, ill-stitched, unevenly-hemmed flammable polyester is a goal?  Who are these people following Mykelti??

And of course she buys them all.  Her husband is a wealthy banker.  Or a wealthy bank teller.  Or a broke dude who works at a bank with a desk full of stuffed animals.  Something like that.

• LOL 14
17 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Has this been mentioned before?

BDD7D6D8-B366-4F15-922A-259BDBEE5B37.jpeg

Has this been mentioned before?

She probably thinks "chic" is a shortened version of "chick" (with the apostrophe standing in for the k) rather than an Americanization of the French word "chique".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

#robegoals??  Seriously?  A wardrobe full of mismatched, ill-stitched, unevenly-hemmed flammable polyester is a goal?  

Maybe the flammable polyester was the reason they discontinued the children's line.  Kids pajamas & robes in the US are required by law to be flame-retardant so that they don't become engulfed in flames when cooking or playing with matches.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

She probably thinks "chic" is a shortened version of "chick" (with the apostrophe standing in for the k) rather than an Americanization of the French word "chique".

The location is filled in automatically based upon the phone's location - so at least for this one, Mykelti is off the hook.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, laurakaye said:

I find it so Mykeltip that she said she "needs more coffee to be honest but can't have that yet" (parse that out for me...so she already had coffee but needs more and can't have more?  Yet? Why? Huh!?), but wearing her "Mitzi" is a fine substitute.  Unless she takes her coffee burnt and loaded with polyester and there are holes in the coffee cup, I fail to see how modeling a shiny shirt covered with pigs/roses in the blazing sun is the equivalent of another cup of coffee.

Is English her second language?

I thought she meant she needed more coffee in order to be honest. Commas, girl!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

A few weeks ago she made a comment about not being able to have coffee yet and everyone thought she was hinting that she was pregnant.  Turns out that they'd just run out of coffee and neither of them had made a grocery list or driven one of their two vehicles to the nearby store to get some more.  Coffee and toilet paper are the two things we make sure to never run out of in this house.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

At first glance I thought Tony was a woman too...

I did too!  😂

I was just reading the Mariah thread and looking at pics of Pudge and Sludge so when I saw this pic I thought it was another couple of chubby women.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

It's that cold already in Utah that the water froze?  Winter came early!  

The altitude at Brian Head is almost 10,000 feet.  It's a ski resort.  Not surprised that the water is frozen/there's snow.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Ooof. Mykelti looks big when she is alone in a pic. Next to FT she looks normal. I really want to know what his endgame is for that hair, because right now it is...something.

Just flashed on the Tall & Fat commercial at the beginning of Back to School.

"If you want to look thin, you hang out with fat people!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

According to the hashtags she's wearing two rags - but her picture doesn't give you a clear picture of either of them.   Is it a shawl?  An undershirt?  A dress?

The Browns continue to show signs of brilliance in advertising - NOT.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

According to the hashtags she's wearing two rags - but her picture doesn't give you a clear picture of either of them.   Is it a shawl?  An undershirt?  A dress?

The Browns continue to show signs of brilliance in advertising - NOT.

One is this:

BBEAF890-6295-438A-8464-401C2AA4DFD2.jpeg

• Love 4