Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

On 1/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Why do they all wear clothing that's obviously too damn small????

I'm wondering if they wear what LLR sends, because don't they just send whatever? I cannot imagine plunking down hundreds or thousands of dollars for a company to send me boxes full of horrendous clothes that I try to pass off as fashion. Do other LLR folks wear too small items--are they made to be that way? I loathe MLMs. The Browns at least have a built in client base to sell to, but every MLM "businesswoman" I've met--and I've known A LOT--basically begs all her friends and relatives to "support her business" and ends up losing a shit ton of money and alienating everyone she knows. It's really sad. 

• Love 10
On 1/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Liddy52 said:

I will say that Mykelti always appears upbeat and happy on her social media which is so much better than her sister Mariah and sometimes her sister Maddie. Her fashion sense is questionable to say the least but she appears to be content with who she is and her life. She also doesn't lecture or act condescending like Mariah. I frequently don't understand the gibberish she posts but I have kinder thoughts towards her than I do towards Mariah. I think she is probably a likable,  albeit somewhat immature person. I find Mariah to be extremely unlikable.

Same, I think I would probably enjoy hanging out with Mykelti.  She seems fun.  

Otoh, I know that I would not enjoy any time spent with Mariah.  Of course, I’m not woke enough for her anyway.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I checked out some LLN options and found that they are either one-size-fits-all or come in two sizes, PS/S (~2-14) and M/L (~14-28).  They may think they are a 12, based on the last clothes in real sizes that they wore in ~2010. 

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6

The whole bottom half of her hair is over-pigmented and fried.  I wish she would chop it to chin length and grow out her natural hair color.  She has beautiful thick hair when it’s not over done. 

• Love 4

She could cut it now and either cut off all the dyed hair, yes it would be very short, but long enough for a pixie or other short style or else she could leave an inch or so of dyed hair and it would still look a lot better.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She could cut it now and either cut off all the dyed hair, yes it would be very short, but long enough for a pixie other short style or else she could leave an inch or so of dyed hair and it would still look a lot better.

Pixie length could work during this awkward growing out stage but come to think of it, I have never known a Mormon woman with anything less than shoulder length hair.  Their hair is usually very healthy and natural color and they really know their way around a single, loose, french braid.

Mariah, with her nose rings, tats and now braless, seems to be acting out in defiance of all of her role models and it would not surprise me at all if her next "woke" statement would be a full-on butch haircut.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can't tell if this is filtered, but this is actually one of the best pictures of herself she's posted.   While I wouldn't wear that shirt it seems to fit fairly well.  Yes, her hair has several colors not found in nature, but it's clean and styled in a flattering way.   Her facial expression is good and the make-up seems spot on.

• Love 12

Mykelti is way more enjoyable than " woe is me... " Mariah or Maddie. She is goofy and quirky and she calls herself on her nonsense. I guess that is Christine's influence.

• Love 11

Does she know what AKA means?  It seems randomly placed in there.

I actually don't think that's one of her best photos.  She always does what Jill Duggar does and raises her eyebrows in photos.  Her foundation either looks caked on or it's a shade too dark. And I had to do a double take on the hair.  It looked like my high school hair, circa 1989 for a second. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Does she know what AKA means?  It seems randomly placed in there.

AKA = Also Known As, and you're right, it makes no sense as she's used it.  Perhaps it is another typo and she meant AWC (Affogato West Coffee).  These Brown women sure drink a lot of coffee after abstaining for religious purposes for most of their lives.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
On 1/27/2020 at 10:51 PM, DaphneCat said:

I'll cut her a break on the roots.  Yes, she could spend a lot of time doing wash out color on her roots but her hair looks like it grows really fast.  Cutting is pretty drastic, so she's probably waiting until she decides what she really wants to do with it.

But seriously Mykelti, the LAST person whose sense of fashion you should emulate is Meri.  Do you actually look at her and think "That jacket that's 4 sizes too small looks GOOD?"

Those “jackets” look more like ballet shrugs (which look fine on ballerinas in that context).  I have no idea wtf they’re “supposed” to be but they look pretty stupid  (LuLaNo, again, hating women). 

• Love 5

I just read that this couple will not be appearing in any episodes because of Tony's bank job.  Kody, "I mean when you're on a reality TV show, and you're trying to work at a bank it becomes extremely awkward.  They try to distance themselves so they can have their own private lives.". Then the author of the article claims that Tony's job sounds " very high level and prestigious".  Somehow I doubt that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

I just read that this couple will not be appearing in any episodes because of Tony's bank job.  Kody, "I mean when you're on a reality TV show, and you're trying to work at a bank it becomes extremely awkward.  They try to distance themselves so they can have their own private lives.". Then the author of the article claims that Tony's job sounds " very high level and prestigious".  Somehow I doubt that.

:::SNORT!!:::  Sounds like the author of the article is a butt-kissing fan!   I think that they didn't like all of the fan comments about the dirty jeans at the wedding and the bride and groom pinatas and frisbees, etc. etc. so in a fit they decided to stay off the show.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

If this is true, good for them.  At least they are trying to earn an honest living rather than jumping on the reality tv bandwagon.  We've only seen a lot of Tony in the season where they got married.  They were probably manipulated in to amping up their "quirkiness" for the show.  They probably realized that this did them no favors in real life and decided to end it.  This shows real maturity and growth.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

We've only seen a lot of Tony in the season where they got married.  They were probably manipulated in to amping up their "quirkiness" for the show.

Not so sure about that.  We've seen plenty of "quirky bordering on childish" postings on SM of Tony's desk covered with toys and Tony wearing LLNo.  I think it's less maturity and more his boss saying "knock it off or lose your job" prompting. 

How good does it look to potential bank customers to have this clown in the public eye?  I can say for sure that I would never in a million years fork over serious money matters to someone whose work area looks like a play school.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Not so sure about that.  We've seen plenty of "quirky bordering on childish" postings on SM of Tony's desk covered with toys and Tony wearing LLNo.  I think it's less maturity and more his boss saying "knock it off or lose your job" prompting. 

How good does it look to potential bank customers to have this clown in the public eye?  I can say for sure that I would never in a million years fork over serious money matters to someone whose work area looks like a play school.

The pictures shown are of an open area where everyone's desk is out in the open.  I don't know a lot of people who would feel comfortable discussing their personal finances while sitting next to another couple (at the adjacent desk) also discussing their personal finances.  It is entirely possible that they have "offices" where people meet with the actual customers and their work areas are behind the scenes and never seen by customers.  If they cared what his desk looked like, it would have been shut down LONG before this.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

:::SNORT!!:::  Sounds like the author of the article is a butt-kissing fan!   I think that they didn't like all of the fan comments about the dirty jeans at the wedding and the bride and groom pinatas and frisbees, etc. etc. so in a fit they decided to stay off the show.

I'm a Mod on that site and I do believe that the "high level and prestigious" comment was made tongue in cheek by the author of the piece.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

If this is true, good for them.  At least they are trying to earn an honest living rather than jumping on the reality tv bandwagon.  We've only seen a lot of Tony in the season where they got married.  They were probably manipulated in to amping up their "quirkiness" for the show.  They probably realized that this did them no favors in real life and decided to end it.  This shows real maturity and growth.

I can't imagine anyone manipulating me into having bride and groom pinatas at my wedding and then telling the groom to throw a fit when it's suggested that the kids get a chance to beat them with a stick. (Because only TONY was supposed to beat the wife pinata.) Or wearing stained jeans to my wedding because a producer at TLC told me to amp up my quirkiness.    No one acts that immature at their own wedding because someone "told them to".  I believe that was ALL them.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I believe that was ALL them.

Their activities since then seems to support that.  Quitting a job that may very well have had benefits to sell contact paper nails was a decision that Mykelti made, not something that was part of the TLC script.  Running around with his gang and repeatedly test driving a car that no normal human can afford was all FT.  They are just very immature adults.

The one plus is that they have not chosen to procreate yet.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

The pictures shown are of an open area where everyone's desk is out in the open.  I don't know a lot of people who would feel comfortable discussing their personal finances while sitting next to another couple (at the adjacent desk) also discussing their personal finances.  It is entirely possible that they have "offices" where people meet with the actual customers and their work areas are behind the scenes and never seen by customers.  If they cared what his desk looked like, it would have been shut down LONG before this.

The photos we have seen of his work environment seem to be in an open "bullpen" area.  It could be that Tony has no direct contact with the public but instead works the phones selling the services of the bank on a commission basis.  His bilingualism would be a great asset in this.

Whatever he is doing, they seem to be enjoying a degree of financial success.  They bought a very nice home shortly after they were married and recently Mykelti was able to buy a new heavy-duty pick up truck and those collectible toys of theirs that they "decorate" with are not cheap.  This is not to defend Tony, as I still think he is very boorish and Mykelti is off-the-wall silly but WTH, it seems to be working for them.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Quitting a job that may very well have had benefits to sell contact paper nails was a decision that Mykelti made, not something that was part of the TLC script.  Running around with his gang and repeatedly test driving a car that no normal human can afford was all FT.  They are just very immature adults.

Mykelti is not Tony.  It's also VERY possible she wasn't very good at her bank job and wouldn't have lasted anyway.  While I hate Lulano, it does seem like Mykelti is good at it, so trying to do something you enjoy at which you might actually succeed (and from what little I know, it does seem she works at it) is not actually all that immature.  It's part of finding out what you're good at.

And yes, they were probably being jerks test driving cars they had no intention of buying.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Sigh.  Good times

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

You are probably correct.

Thanks Luvmylabs.  If you are not familiar with a particular writer, it would be easy to miss when they are writing in a sardonic manner.  I'm pretty sure that was the intent there.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Mykelti is not Tony.  It's also VERY possible she wasn't very good at her bank job and wouldn't have lasted anyway.  While I hate Lulano, it does seem like Mykelti is good at it, so trying to do something you enjoy at which you might actually succeed (and from what little I know, it does seem she works at it) is not actually all that immature.  It's part of finding out what you're good at.

I agree with you here.  I just hate it when people make a living off of their friends and relatives.  Some people aren't very assertive and feel pressured into buying crap they don't really want or need.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I agree with you here.  I just hate it when people make a living off of their friends and relatives.  Some people aren't very assertive and feel pressured into buying crap they don't really want or need.  

I 100% agree with you about taking advantage of people.  But Mykelti, clearly isn't making money off her family and does she have that many friends.?  From the little people have posted it seems like she's genuinely hustling that crap.  Who knew there was such a large market of people who want over-priced ugly shit?

Hopefully, she'll eventually find a real product (NOT a MLM) and apply that same energy.  I think she could actually be successful.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Tony and his Fish Whiskers kill me every time... 😁

#mywifetookmyphoto.  Just what was Mykelti thinking subliminally when she posed him with a sword seemingly penetrating his skull.

I often wonder what Meri thinks when she glances at Tony.  That dismal growth of hair on his face resembles nothing but a catfish to me.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

#mywifetookmyphoto.  Just what was Mykelti thinking subliminally when she posed him with a sword seemingly penetrating his skull.

I often wonder what Meri thinks when she glances at Tony.  That dismal growth of hair on his face resembles nothing but a catfish to me.

I'll agree with all of you.  The facial hair is NOT a good look.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

#ilookasian?  WTAF.  For one who has made cutting remarks about "white people," now suddenly this hispanic person thinks he's Bruce Lee, or something?  

It's nice he's making a living, but I think he sucks.  Even Mykelti once made a remark like, 
I'm marrying my dad.  <shudders>

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Just what was Mykelti thinking subliminally when she posed him with a sword seemingly penetrating his skull.

I think he just picked is nose and he's looking for somewhere to wipe the booger...

and yes, I'm a 12 yr old boy at heart 😏

rsz_screenshot_1004.jpg

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The photos we have seen of his work environment seem to be in an open "bullpen" area.  It could be that Tony has no direct contact with the public but instead works the phones selling the services of the bank on a commission basis.  His bilingualism would be a great asset in this.

Whatever he is doing, they seem to be enjoying a degree of financial success.  They bought a very nice home shortly after they were married and recently Mykelti was able to buy a new heavy-duty pick up truck and those collectible toys of theirs that they "decorate" with are not cheap.  This is not to defend Tony, as I still think he is very boorish and Mykelti is off-the-wall silly but WTH, it seems to be working for them.

From what I've heard here and elsewhere, WFB is a pretty high pressure sales environment. That's why they got in trouble a few years ago. 

And I've said this before, but buying a house, having a fancy vehicle and lots of toys doesn't necessarily equate to financial success. Much of the time it equates to living beyond one's means.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

From what I've heard here and elsewhere, WFB is a pretty high pressure sales environment. That's why they got in trouble a few years ago. 

And I've said this before, but buying a house, having a fancy vehicle and lots of toys doesn't necessarily equate to financial success. Much of the time it equates to living beyond one's means.

Putting the two together, he probably makes money showing people how to borrow as much money as possible so that they can have everything they want NOW.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

He looks stoned. 

I can hear Mykelti throwing him instructions - "Throw your head back.  Shake your hair out.  Look sexy.  Look smart.  Smile.  Don't smile.  Look like you love your gee-gaws.  Got it, lover.  Off to post on social media.  Go fix the tacos for dinner".

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

#ilookasian?  WTAF.  For one who has made cutting remarks about "white people," now suddenly this hispanic person thinks he's Bruce Lee, or something?  

It's nice he's making a living, but I think he sucks.  Even Mykelti once made a remark like, 
I'm marrying my dad.  <shudders>

Well. Sumo Wrestlers are mostly Japanese and Mongolian...

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2020 at 2:37 AM, dreadfulLeigh said:

I’ve been catching up on this thread (left off in  November). My main takeaway? This girl is too damn young to have eyebrows this tragic in 2020. 

Too right. To be fair you could actually replace the word ‘eyebrows’ there with any number of words and it would still be a correct statement -

‘This girl is too damn young to have *insert word below here* this tragic in 2020’. 

*Clothes, hair, grammar, a hubby, style, selfies, make-up, a pyramid scheme, hashtags, education...

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

I'm guessing that aping time is spring time.

re the absence of the mentioned boots - I got nothin'.

ETA: Yowzer, in the third photo in the first post she easily looks like a rode hard and put up wet 40-year-old. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 7

Wax lyrical about your great boots in caption, but then omit these incredible boots from the photo. 🤦🏼‍♀️ This girl is a legit dope.

Her hair looks horrendous! She needs to just cut it off and start fresh. I’m sure I read somewhere though, that long hair is godly in some Mormon polygamist sects (FLDS?) - something about being able to wash your husbands feet with it when you get to the celestial planet? 😆Don’t hold me accountable for that info, I have no idea if it’s correct, just read it somewhere! 

In the third photo she looks exactly like Amber Portwood from Teen Mom and that’s not a person who’s style you’d want to emulate.  Like ever. 8E45C34D-0DE6-4E80-9D8A-CD068B4952EF.thumb.jpeg.7beeffa83cebbe28bae0b2259b3803aa.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7