Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Carole thinks about writing lots of stuff.  Too bad thinking about writing isn't an actual job.

That explains my lack of experience on the Broadway stage.  I think about being in a musical all the time.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There's more - 

Screenshot (159).png

It's looking more and more like the end of the relationship was a bit acrimonious.  Doesn't matter imo, I think no more or less of her whether or not she resigned willingly.  

I remember a couple months back she said something similarly about the Bravo brass not letting her publish the blog she wanted to publish.

I can’t remember if it was related to the Birkshires episode or what, but she tweeted in response to someone asking about why her blog wasn’t up that they kept kicking the blog back to her, telling her that she was talking too much behind-the-scenes stuff. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I remember a couple months back she said something similarly about the Bravo brass not letting her publish the blog she wanted to publish.

I can’t remember if it was related to the Birkshires episode or what, but she tweeted in response to someone asking about why her blog wasn’t up that they kept kicking the blog back to her, telling her that she was talking too much behind-the-scenes stuff. 

Okay, I just shook the cobwebs off - this is the Bravo blog, of course.  What I want to see is her take on all.of.it.  Independently published, so that Mr. Icky Andy can't affect the product.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, I just shook the cobwebs off - this is the Bravo blog, of course.  What I want to see is her take on all.of.it.  Independently published, so that Mr. Icky Andy can't affect the product.

I doubt that will ever happen.   I believe their contracts contain some kind of perpetual NDA that prohibits them from disclosing behind the scenes information. 

• Love 4
Just now, AnnA said:

I doubt that will ever happen.   I believe their contracts contain some kind of perpetual NDA that prohibits them from disclosing behind the scenes information. 

I used to think that this was the case until a few years back when Nene published some rambling mess on some platform because she didn't want to publish the blog to Bravo.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I used to think that this was the case until a few years back when Nene published some rambling mess on some platform because she didn't want to publish the blog to Bravo.

I didn't know that.   Maybe Nene got away with it because it was a rambling mess.   LOL

• Love 6
On 8/9/2018 at 6:34 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

This last episode, where Carole brought up Tinsley's past abusive relationship tells me what she really thinks of Tinsley. No friend would humiliate another like that.

I personally think Carole had her nose bent out of shape because she showed up Carole (and oncidently all of the other women) as being both better under pressure and a more sophisticated traveler. 

For me personally, I would have been freaked out by the smoke, but I spent a lot of time as a kid on sailboats or small motor boats, and what we saw, would have scared me, but not more than being in the middle of a military conflict (I'm a former squid) like Carole said.

Miss Sparkle showed up Carole and she just had to take her down a peg.

This is just part and parcel of the fundamental character that Carole has repeatedly revealed over the past several years. After exclaiming “it’s hard to watch her eat” and “I don’t know about eating disorders but I know about denial” in front of a recovering anorexic who had just publicly held herself accountable for a recent relapse as well as sneering on national television that an acquaintance is “sweaty and misshapen,” what’s another sick remark invoking the horrific, near-fatal abuse that an ostensible friend was lucky to survive? 

Apparently, Carole was also leveraging the deaths of her husband, John, and Carolyn to take digs at Bethenny on social media prior to the news breaking about Dennis. 

She really is a moral pervert. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2018/08/10/carole-is-still-tweeting-out-bitter-tweets-about-bethenny/

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, lunastartron said:

This is just part and parcel of the fundamental character that Carole has repeatedly revealed over the past several years. After exclaiming “it’s hard to watch her eat” and “I don’t know about eating disorders but I know about denial” in front of a recovering anorexic who had just publicly held herself accountable for a recent relapse as well as sneering on national television that an acquaintance is “sweaty and misshapen,” what’s another sick remark invoking the horrific, near-fatal abuse that an ostensible friend was lucky to survive? 

Apparently, Carole was also leveraging the deaths of her husband, John, and Carolyn to take digs at Bethenny on social media prior to the news broke about Dennis. 

She really is a moral pervert. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2018/08/10/carole-is-still-tweeting-out-bitter-tweets-about-bethenny/

This feeds into a pet peeves of mine. Personal pain is not a competition. If you treat someone else like their pain is insignificant because it's not as bad as yours, you need to remember, there are always people who have it worse. She's awful.

Yes to everything you said. What I see is a mean girl who torpedoed a friendship over a relationship with a guy that a.) She admitted had a shelf life because he wants kids, and b.) was over.

She immediately took down that tweet after the news of Dennis' death was announced and then sent out condolences. Which are meaningless, because remember, she had three people close to her die in three weeks. No one else ever has! I can't stand her pretentious, smug, condenscending and jealous personality. I'm

• Love 17

Oh, come on. Carole is "leveraging" the deaths of her husband and her family and friend? This month is the month they all passed away. Secondly, she was directly responding to someone saying that she doesn't do well with comforting a friend who is going through a shitstorm.

People seem to be under the impression that hugging is the only way to comfort, and since Carole is awkward at hugging, then voila! she doesn't know how to comfort. That's...wow.

• Love 19

She can grieve and honor the memory of her husband and family, without dismissing Bethenny's issues (even without Dennis' passing) as "rich white girl problems".   There was no need to make that comparison.

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, ancslove said:

She can grieve and honor the memory of her husband and family, without dismissing Bethenny's issues (even without Dennis' passing) as "rich white girl problems".   There was no need to make that comparison.

She deleted the tweet because she clearly responded to someone before she saw the news about Dennis. She then posted a tweet about his passing.

Based on the tweet she responded to it seemed like she was including herself in the #. Clearly mileage will vary.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

This is why I would disable all my social media accounts if I became even tangentially famous.

If you post something you’re an attention grabber and if you don’t you’re a cold bitch.

There’s no winning even if you are an attention grabbing cold bitch....

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't think it was her place to tweet about Dennis today. But she got the attention that she wanted, which was her objective.

She was being called out by many for her earlier tweet quoted above being so awful given that Dennis had died so she tweeted a simple my thoughts go out to his friends and family. I doubt she thought the attention was going to be on her anymore than it already was. I don’t follow any of his friends are family but I imagine most are tweeting similar sentiments.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't think it was her place to tweet about Dennis today. But she got the attention that she wanted, which was her objective.

As I said in Bethenny's thread, some of the more rabid of Bethenny's fans were camped out in the mentions of the RHONY's Twitter mentions, chastising those who hadn't tweeted condolences to Bethenny. Then there were other of Bethenny's fans complaining that Carole tweeted. Then there were even more complaining about why she didn't @ Bethenny in the tweet.

No win all the way around.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13

With regards to Dennis,  I think Radziwill would've faced criticism for posting/not posting/posting too much/not posting enough -- fair enough, no good choices there -- but jesus, today was not the day to post something as tone deaf and self absorbed as this:

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

I think her tweet was fine. As far as I know, she knew him, spent time with him and maybe even vacationed with him and Bethenny. Totally appropriate to express her sadness and offer condolences, even if she's on the outs with Bethenny.

3 minutes ago, film noire said:

With regards to Dennis,  I think Radziwill would've face criticism for posting/not posting/posting too much/not posting enough -- fair enough, no good choices there -- but jesus, today was not the day to post something as tone deaf and self absorbed as this:

Wow. Tone deaf indeed. Take a day off Carole. Geez.

• Love 4
On 8/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, Ki-in said:

But Carole is stupid because I'm not even dating a vegan and I know that cashmere is from animals and that's a no no for vegans but season 8 Carole bought Adam a cashmere coat that she had to return.

Hypocrite; she said this about Sonja and then goes on to "date" Adam

X4OE.gif

Mean: says this about Luann's niece's feelings

tumblr_nnyll3iJgw1qk08n1o1_500.gif

But when Sonja said she dated Russ after they broke up she excuses HIS behavior if it had been true but it's bad of Sonja. But it's ok when she does it to Luann's niece and of course believes Adam.

"Russ says he never banged Sonja and I believe him but hey, things happen. If that rumor is even partly true it says nothing about me and everything about Sonja. None of it good. Sonja says people are always taking advantage of her except, well, when she is taking advantage of them". (Kind of like believing Adam when he said they weren't together instead of the niece but then karma came around this season and Adam did the same thing)

"I'm not the kind of girl who fights over a man, especially an ex, but I am a girl". (Not a girl and you did fight over Adam like an immature one, it was pathetic)

I asked her what any normal girl would ask, what the f---? Because where I'm from, women have each other's backs. They don't perpetuate gossip about their friends. Sonja denied that it happened but didn't apologize for letting Satako repeat it while she giggled. (Except she declared during the season 8 reunion that gossiping behind backs is exactly what girlfriends do)

But Carole did lie about Sonja and the pirate and although apologized it was incredibly weird and creepy thing to lie about it at all. She just wanted to make Sonja look bad and the rumor still persists even tough Carole lied!

I was noticing Carole's current shorter hairstyle on the last ep and couldn't believe how prim school-marmy she looks in it.  The mousy color and thin bangs -- after seeing this new style, I can't believe she would leave the salon looking like that.  Plus, it has to be the kiss of death in terms of Adam ever wanting to bang her again.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

This feeds into a pet peeves of mine. Personal pain is not a competition. If you treat someone else like their pain is insignificant because it's not as bad as yours, you need to remember, there are always people who have it worse. She's awful.

Yes to everything you said. What I see is a mean girl who torpedoed a friendship over a relationship with a guy that a.) She admitted had a shelf life because he wants kids, and b.) was over.

She immediately took down that tweet after the news of Dennis' death was announced and then sent out condolences. Which are meaningless, because remember, she had three people close to her die in three weeks. No one else ever has! I can't stand her pretentious, smug, condenscending and jealous personality. I'm

Taking down a tweet doesn't mean it's gone.....

.....the Internet is forever

image.png

• Love 4

Personally, and I freely accept this is me and my perception, as someone who was in a war zone as a soldier, Carole brings up the 'I was a reporter in a *war zone*' a little too much. Especially since she has nothing to say on the experience and seems to use it as a brag point. Frankly, the farther I get from my experience in Desert Storm, which wasn't awful and I don't have PTSD and I am not missing a limb, the more I see this as Carole grabbing glory. For the record, I did nothing cool.

Is she hung up on her dead husband and dead friends or not? Because I think we're not supposed to pity her or reference how she is the lonely princess left behind as her prince died, and the crown prince and princess of America's Camelot died... but here we are, watching her twit about it. 

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Personally, and I freely accept this is me and my perception, as someone who was in a war zone as a soldier, Carole brings up the 'I was a reporter in a *war zone*' a little too much. Especially since she has nothing to say on the experience and seems to use it as a brag point. Frankly, the farther I get from my experience in Desert Storm, which wasn't awful and I don't have PTSD and I am not missing a limb, the more I see this as Carole grabbing glory. For the record, I did nothing cool.

Is she hung up on her dead husband and dead friends or not? Because I think we're not supposed to pity her or reference how she is the lonely princess left behind as her prince died, and the crown prince and princess of America's Camelot died... but here we are, watching her twit about it. 

I got my expedition medal for Desert Storm, but joined during the tail end, so nothing, and I was off the coast of Mogidishu during the Somalian conflict, but I was never in any real danger.

Whenever I hear Carole bragging about her time as a journalist I grit my teeth. Especially since she just said that being on a rocky boat with a suspected fire was the more terrible than Afghanistan. Okay Carol, I now have a MUCH clearer picture of how that went for her.

• Love 21

I was in an evac hospital as a field medic in Riyadh - we got called up and sent and sometimes there were SCUDs... While I was probably in more danger than if I was in college, I was probably too young to be anything more than stupidely  excited. Reporters? Were pretty safe as I recall. 

Afghanistan was pretty shitty but did Carole ever leave the base areas?

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I was in an evac hospital as a field medic in Riyadh - we got called up and sent and sometimes there were SCUDs... While I was probably in more danger than if I was in college, I was probably too young to be anything more than stupidely  excited. Reporters? Were pretty safe as I recall. 

I think if she had done anything more dangerous we would have heard about it.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Oh, come on. Carole is "leveraging" the deaths of her husband and her family and friend? This month is the month they all passed away. Secondly, she was directly responding to someone saying that she doesn't do well with comforting a friend who is going through a shitstorm.

People seem to be under the impression that hugging is the only way to comfort, and since Carole is awkward at hugging, then voila! she doesn't know how to comfort. That's...wow.

Yup! Invoking the premature deaths of said husband and friends as a trump card to discount and dismiss the stressors facing someone else as “#richwhitegirlproblems” because said rich white girl didn’t lose her husband and friends within three weeks is indeed leveraging those deaths in order to ... discount and dismiss. 

YMMV. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She deleted the tweet because she clearly responded to someone before she saw the news about Dennis. She then posted a tweet about his passing.

Based on the tweet she responded to it seemed like she was including herself in the #. Clearly mileage will vary.

I hate Carole’s immature tendency to pull out her worst life tragedies to win arguments. Problems are problems. I don’t think Carole’s current life problems are any more serious or painful then any of the other housewives. 

HOWEVER, even I, OG Carole hater, do not believe she is anything other the deeply sad for Bethany right now. I wonder if this will end up helping them bridge the divide between them. Sometimes a tragedy (either yours or someone else’s) helps everyone put some shit in perspective.

• Love 8

It’s eh to me about Carole posting a dinner picture. Dennis was her ex-friend’s ex-boyfriend. The rules and expectations for Carole’s behavior during this time are amazing. And because I find them amazing, I decided to hit up Bethenny’s thread around Bobby’s passing; peruse the ghost of Housewives thread around Bobby’s passing; and search out Bethenny’s IG to see what she was posting after news of Bobby’s passing.

Needless to say, the rules, I guess, are very different for Bethenny. She didn’t wrap herself up in sorrow on behalf of her ex-friend’s husband’s passing on the day the news dropped. She did tweet, though:

• an RIP Bobby tweet with a couple of his sayings
  • a coupon code for workout gear
  • about a wrong number dialing her
  • about catching a cold
  • about how it was Bobby who suggested her for RHONY. 

She also posted about the workout gear and coupon code on her IG. No one chastised her for any of that or demanded that she mention Jill, and they shouldn’t have because Bobby’s death was not her loss to mourn.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, film noire said:

With regards to Dennis,  I think Radziwill would've faced criticism for posting/not posting/posting too much/not posting enough -- fair enough, no good choices there -- but jesus, today was not the day to post something as tone deaf and self absorbed as this:

Yeah, and Dorinda wide-mouthed grinning.  Geesh.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

For the record, I did nothing cool.

Thank you for your service.

I was in the Army (signal corp) and did nothing cool.

Well..seeing Colin Powell walking around in the Pentagon (once) was cool-ish.

Edited by artisto

To all who served, whether or not they faced danger during that time, Thank You. You were *willing to put yourself out there if called — much more than I would ever have the courage to do. 

Back to the grimy. Is this the place to remark in Michael Rapaport’s WWHL criticisms of Carole? I have no problem with what he said, I just was impressed again with how the guests seem all to be in the anti- camp. Seems to me they are staying on script. S. Andy’s look is always halfway between “interested in what they have to say” and “checking carefully that they’re saying it right.” 

If this is an elaborate ruse, it’s a testament to how solid Andy & Carole’s long friendship is. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

To all who served, whether or not they faced danger during that time, Thank You. You were *willing to put yourself out there if called — much more than I would ever have the courage to do. 

Back to the grimy. Is this the place to remark in Michael Rapaport’s WWHL criticisms of Carole? I have no problem with what he said, I just was impressed again with how the guests seem all to be in the anti- camp. Seems to me they are staying on script. S. Andy’s look is always halfway between “interested in what they have to say” and “checking carefully that they’re saying it right.” 

If this is an elaborate ruse, it’s a testament to how solid Andy & Carole’s long friendship is. 

I could sort of see Michael Rapaport following an Andy approved script, because I think there are direct financial benefits to his relationship with Bravo. But I can't see it for other fans who come on board. Andy isn't God and doesn't control all the people who come to his show. It's not that hard to fathom, unless B has reached Bitch Eating Crackers status for a person, and she has a strong personality, so - you know, it is understandable, Carole is clearly in the wrong here. I don't think there has been a single scene where she hasn't taken the opportunity to bash B, whether in the moment or later in her talking heads. She's been relentless and focused and is coming across as more than a little deranged. Especially since the worst of it seems to track back to Adam, and Bethenny calling him without checking with Carole first, which is crazy, but especially so when you consider they were broken up. And then to the operator comment. Or who knows, maybe Carole had had enough of Bethenny and decided to cool the friendship and then was enraged at Bethenny and decided to take her down. It was baffeling to watch, all that vitriol.

• Love 10

I'm a longtime Howard Stern fan and Michael Rapaport is a recurring guest on the wrap up show. If you've ever heard Michael on the radio, you wouldn't be able to imagine him following ANYONE'S script. The man is wild.

I'm not going to criticize Carole for posting or not posting about Dennis. I think no matter what she did, she would be criticized and it's a no win situation.

As someone in the journalism field, I do find her constant referrals to her time in the ME bizarre. Most reporters absolutely do not do that, because it's part of the job and also most don't want to put themselves even remotely in the same arena as our actual soldiers fighting in those warzones. It's something for her to be proud of, I personally think, but she pulls it out to compare her toughness to other people's and I find it very off putting. And comparing pain is a loser's game. Life is hard. For everyone to various degrees and for various reasons. One of the reasons I thought Carole should take up yoga is because learning humility is at the core of it and I personally think she could use a dose.

If she's trying to stay away from narcissists I'm not sure Caroline Stanbury (who I find amusing tbh) is the right friend for her.

• Love 22

• a coupon code for workout gear
  • about a wrong number dialing her
  • about catching a cold
  • about how it was Bobby who suggested her for RHONY. 

She also posted about the workout gear and coupon code on her IG. No one chastised her for any of that or demanded that she mention Jill, and they shouldn’t have because Bobby’s death was not her loss to mourn.

I can't believe I have to defend my willingness to criticize Bethenny Frankel (I'm insulted, madam! :)

All of those actions you listed are thoughtless and out of place,  and if Bethenny wasn't taken to task for any of that, then she should have been (for the record, I'm pretty sure she was criticized her for an insta photo of her and Jill being filmed outside the funeral). 

And Frankel's feelings aside,  Carole posting a Happy Us! photo of her and Doris makes them looks insensitive to Dennis'  family -- and for what? -- how is this photo being made public crucial in this particular timeframe? She chose to insta this within hours of the troubled and untimely death of a man she worked and socialized with --  that is just so fucking off.  It's in the same vein as the horrible gun photo she posted after the shooting: a context being ignored (the kind of context she spent her working life covering as a journalist) and it reveals something unpleasant about her, to me. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, film noire said:

I can't believe I have to defend my willingness to critcize Bethenny Frankel (I'm insulted, madam! :)

All of those actions you listed are thoughtless and out of place,  and if Bethenny wasn't taken to task for any of that, then she should have been (for the record, I'm pretty sure she was criticized her for an insta photo of her and Jill being filmed outside the funeral). 

And Frankel's feelings aside,  Carole posting a Happy Us! photo of her and Doris makes them looks insensitive to Dennis'  family -- and for what? -- how is this photo being made public crucial,  in this particular timeframe? Radziwill chose to insta this within hours of the troubled and untimely death of a man she worked and socialized with --  that is just so fucking off.

It's in the same vein as the horrible gun photo she posted after the shooting: a context being ignored (the kind of context she spent her working life covering as a journalist) and it reveals something unpleasant about her, to me.

This, the Tinsley comment, many other moments too numerous to bother mentioning, show me that Carole is an insensitive, self-satisfied and stunted person.   Cold.    And in that vein - I could not care less that we’ve apparently just hit some anniversary of the deaths for her.   She’s at Vaucluse, smizing and finding her angles and posing with Cassandra Grey (separate pic obviously) and emanating You Can’t Sit With Us in every post, IMO.   She’s not that deep (was she ever?), so I don’t need to be as far as she’s concerned, really.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I can't believe I have to defend my willingness to criticize Bethenny Frankel (I'm insulted, madam! :)

And Frankel's feelings aside,  Carole posting a Happy Us! photo of her and Doris makes them looks insensitive to Dennis'  family -- and for what? -- how is this photo being made public crucial in this particular timeframe? She chose to insta this within hours of the troubled and untimely death of a man she worked and socialized with --  that is just so fucking off.  It's in the same vein as the horrible gun photo she posted after the shooting: a context being ignored (the kind of context she spent her working life covering as a journalist) and it reveals something unpleasant about her, to me. 

I highly highly doubt that Dennis' wife/estranged wife (or their children) is really even thinking about, let alone looking at, Carole or Carole's social media right now. Like, in the slightest. Just like I don't think they give two cares about LuAnn posting about her cabaret last night, or that they give two cares about whatever Jill is posting on her social media.

Their immediate concern right now would very rightly be grieving their loss and not worrying about what the former friend and colleague of Dennis' ex is doing in her own life and on her own socials.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I highly highly doubt that Dennis' wife/estranged wife (or their children) is really even thinking about, let alone looking at, Carole or Carole's social media right now. Like, in the slightest. Just like I don't think they give two cares about LuAnn posting about her cabaret last night, or that they give two cares about whatever Jill is posting on her social media.

Their immediate concern right now would very rightly be grieving their loss and not worrying about what the former friend and colleague of Dennis' ex is doing in her own life and on her own socials.

I agree!     What these women post on social media is only interesting to HW fans.

• Love 6

I highly highly doubt that Dennis' wife/estranged wife (or their children) is really even thinking about, let alone looking at, Carole or Carole's social media right now.

Not right now, no -- but the idea that (in this day and age) it will remain unseen by Dennis' extended family is as likely as Lizard People running the world - she's not a random stranger, she traveled and socialized with the man.

@Midnight Cheese 

And in that vein - I could not care less that we’ve apparently just hit some anniversary of the deaths for her. 

I'm close to agreeing, Midnight.  It was a horrible loss and every August it rolls around it must bring a wave of pain....but that said: For a woman who has written about the aching wound death leaves behind, how telling she couldn't muster up any empathy for those just starting down that same brutal road.  Apparently, the only thing widowhood taught Radziwill was a casual disdain for the grief of others.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

Not right now, no -- but the idea that (in this day and age) it will remain unseen by Dennis' extended family is as likely as Lizard People running the world - she's not a random stranger, she traveled and socialized with the man.

Why would a photo of Dorinda and Carole seen weeks later impact them in anyway. I have to imagine that given the world we live in  many closer acquaintances also posted something non-Dennis related on the day that he died.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Why would a photo of Dorinda and Carole seen weeks later impact them in anyway. 

Because (whenever the photo is seen) it's callous & marginalizes his death -- and when somebody you love dies,  people ignoring, sidelining or marginalizing the loss hurts.  (Radiziwill said as much when people compared widowhood to divorce; For me, but not for thee seems to be her motto.)

many closer acquaintances also posted something non-Dennis related on the day that he died.

I doubt anyone who knew Dennis posted photos of themselves grinning or eyefucking a camera in a nightclub, only hours after news of his death broke -- celebrating publicly when somebody you know has just died feels "off" to many people  -- but if they did, then they're assholes, too ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
On 8/11/2018 at 8:18 AM, Rap541 said:

Here has been my experience: those that have served (husband is Army) tend to not brag about it or talk about how dangerous it is unless they were a fobbit.  Those that have been off and been in truly dangerous situations tend to keep quiet about it (unless they are around a bunch of other soldiers telling stories and trying to one-up each other and then all bets are off). So, when Carole keeps bringing it up, I kind of discount her experience.  I figure she was probably in Kabul and occasionally went onto the base but mainly stayed at a hotel and met with government officials at their office. 

I used to really like Carole.  Not so much anymore. 

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree!     What these women post on social media is only interesting to HW fans.

I agree. This is really what I boils down to, I think: the optics for the viewers. And on that front? I go back to my initial eh reaction. 

5 hours ago, film noire said:

I'm close to agreeing, Midnight.  It was a horrible loss and every August it rolls around it must bring a wave of pain....but that said: For a woman who has written about the aching wound death leaves behind, how telling she couldn't muster up any empathy for those just starting down that same brutal road.  Apparently, the only thing widowhood taught Radziwill was a casual disdain for the grief of others.

I simply don’t agree. If there is concern about what pictures are out there, my guess would be, based on a couple of the family pictures Dennis’ widow has released, that there’s possibly some concern with how the media has been calling him Bethenny’s boyfriend in headlines. 

Beyond that? I really don’t think that a niece or an uncle or an in-law of Dennis is going to wonder why or if the former friend(s?)(Is Bethenny still friends or following Dorinda on social media?) were posting on social media the day the news broke of Dennis’ passing. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, film noire said:

Because (whenever the photo is seen) it's callous & marginalizes his death -- and when somebody you love dies,  people ignoring, sidelining or marginalizing the loss hurts.  (Radiziwill said as much when people compared widowhood to divorce; For me, but not for thee seems to be her motto.)

I guess in my opinion if people are scrolling through IG weeks later and matching up the dates and are offended it’s on them not on Carole who posted a picture of something that made her happy when she also expressed condolences which based on their connection I don’t even think she was obligated to do. Clearly mileage varies.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

Why would these people give a rat's ass what Carole posts on her social media?

We're talking about people who just lost a husband, their father ... I can see them caring about the tone of Bethenny's social media.  She was close to Dennis. They know her. If she appeared unfazed by his passing, I could see them being bothered by it.

But I doubt if any of them give a damn about Carole posting a picture of herself out at dinner the way she did.  Sure she knew Dennis and spent some time around him - lots of people did - but they were not "friends."  Hell, she's not even friends with Bethenny any more, the only source of any connection to Dennis she had.  The family does not know her.  Carole is under no obligation to them to go dark on social media or limit herself to posting condolences and tributes only.  

I seriously doubt that the wife or children of Dennis are bothering to track the social media of some complete stranger at this time or that they would give much of a damn if they happened to stumble upon the picture accidentally a year from now and note the date (which is highly unlikely and imo an incredible reach for a reason to rag on Carole).  Seriously, I think the interest in and the significance of the social media posts of random real housewives is being wildly overestimated.  As stated above, only the fans of the show pay attention to that crap. The general population couldn't care less, especially when one has just lost a husband or father, for goodness sakes.

The only reason I can see for Carole to take a short break from posting the kind of thing she did is the reaction from fans of the show who bother to follow her SM ... some of them are likely to find her behavior to be in bad taste. To the extent that I agree with that perception, it is not because I think posting the picture is insensitive to Dennis' family, but because it might be considered a slight to Bethenny. Posting a picture of yourself out at dinner having a great time with other gal pals while your castmate and ex-friend just suffered this great loss can be construed as cold and maybe even an intentional jab. I don't think it was an intentional jab at all, but it does feel like Carole is not overly concerned with making a show of respect for Bethenny's loss, shall we say.  I'm not saying Carole owes her a lot of consideration, really - that's debatable. But in her own self interest, she might want to consider looking less insensitive. 

• Love 22