Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Carole even likes Tinsley, she's just someone for her to use

I think Carole likes to have Tinsley around because she makes Carole feel superior.  Carole stepped in as Tinsley's protector, she showed her the ropes of being a HW, and even found her a Carole-approved boyfriend with money.  In her relationships with B and Heather Carole was definitely the beta.  I think she's enjoying playing the alpha in this relationship.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, ryebread said:

Carole could be one of those women who can't be friends with other women for any length of time. She goes through female besties almost as fast as Dorinda goes through Tylenol the morning after a bender. Nah, just kidding, haha but....

Raise your hand if you rotate best friends out every 2 or 3 years.  Anybody?

The only friends who've remained constant through all these years that Carole has been on our Instagram radar has been Eric, and Baby's daddies. Dudes.

Carole gets intimate with her females friends very quickly and then, just as quickly, it's over. What's up with that?

11 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She’s been friends with Cassandra Grey for years, no?

Well. I got here all late. Lol. film noire beat me to the answer about Carole only having long friendships with men. Cassandra Grey isn't some new friend being used to replace Bethenny. I really don't think that Carole is making her friendship decisions based on a falling out with Bethenny. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think Carole likes to have Tinsley around because she makes Carole feel superior.  Carole stepped in as Tinsley's protector, she showed her the ropes of being a HW, and even found her a Carole-approved boyfriend with money.  In her relationships with B and Heather Carole was definitely the beta.  I think she's enjoying playing the alpha in this relationship.

This all day.

Although, I do think that Carole's friendship intentions at the beginning with Tinsley were probably good. She needed an alliance, she and Bethenny were done, Tinsley and Carol have a very similar stunted maturity level (boys! clothes! cooking, wassat? Ovens are for sweaters, silly!) Plus, they were double dating. Fun! Now that Carole is off the show, and Tinsley may/may not be done with Scott and may/may not be as wealthy as she seems, I think Carole will move on.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I really don't think that Carole is making her friendship decisions based on a falling out with Bethenny. 

I don't, either. I think Carole makes her friendship decisions on who will benefit her. 

Now that Cassandra has inherited all that lovely television/movie studio money, maybe she'll be willing to help propel Carole's career. In a way that Brad Grey was unable/unwilling to do for his wife's BFF when he was alive. 

I wonder if his studio was the one that was initially supposed to option the book.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, ryebread said:

This all day.

Although, I do think that Carole's friendship intentions at the beginning with Tinsley were probably good. She needed an alliance, she and Bethenny were done, Tinsley and Carol have a very similar stunted maturity level (boys! clothes! cooking, wassat? Ovens are for sweaters, silly!) Plus, they were double dating. Fun! Now that Carole is off the show, and Tinsley may/may not be done with Scott and may/may not be as wealthy as she seems, I think Carole will move on.

I wonder if more Coupon Cabin commercials already have been taped and if Carole and Adam are in them. Scott will have to shell out more money if he wants to air them during the show next season. I'll crack up if the new commercials feature Adam and Mikaela

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wonder if more Coupon Cabin commercials already have been taped and if Carole and Adam are in them. Scott will have to shell out more money if he wants to air them during the show next season. I'll crack up if the new commercials feature Adam and Mikaela

Adam was posting pictures of Carole in lingerie on his InstaStory yesterday so I imagine they are on good enough terms currently to film a commercial together if Scott wanted him in it.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't, either. I think Carole makes her friendship decisions on who will benefit her. 

Now that Cassandra has inherited all that lovely television/movie studio money, maybe she'll be willing to help propel Carole's career. In a way that Brad Grey was unable/unwilling to do for his wife's BFF when he was alive. 

I wonder if his studio was the one that was initially supposed to option the book.

The interest for Widow's Guide occurred before the book was out. Most thought it would be a fictionalized version and follow up to What Remains. When the book came out and it turned out to be nothing like what was hinted at, all interest was lost.

200.gif

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I think Carole just enjoys having fun with Tinsley. They spend most of their time on camera laughing and their friendship seems to be equal - no real push and pull of power. I’m sure that will be contested to death, but that any read on it.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

That's quite a cynical take. Carole befriended Cassandra before she was ever dating or married to Brad Grey. Unless you're suggesting that Carole could see into the future that her friend would marry a producer who would die relatively young and leave the widow some money that would be of use to Carole?

56 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I think Carole just enjoys having fun with Tinsley. They spend most of their time on camera laughing and their friendship seems to be equal - no real push and pull of power. I’m sure that will be contested to death, but that any read on it.

That's my read as well. Carole dealt with a lot of heavy shit in her 30s. She's older now, and wants to chill out and have fun. Tinsley seems like the type who wants to have fun and doesn't let every single setback define her life in heavy, oppressive ways. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Tinsley seems like the type who wants to have fun and doesn't let every single setback define her life in heavy, oppressive ways. 

Yeah except for the interaction about the boat ride where I thought Carole was incorrect about Tinsley’s reaction and horrible for bringing it up like that they appear to have a fun and light friendship that they both enjoy.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah except for the interaction about the boat ride where I thought Carole was incorrect about Tinsley’s reaction and horrible for bringing it up like that they appear to have a fun and light friendship that they both enjoy.

Yeah, that was harsh on Carole's end. There wasn't a need to relate Tinsley's lack of fear on the boat to any physically abusive relationship(s) she's had in the past.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7
On 8/1/2018 at 11:09 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Isaac M just said Carole's "high fashion" outfit was like Fiona from Shrek on WWHL.

Isaac Mizrahi was on with Dorinda. He and Andy were giving her the side eye when she claimed to NOT have a problem with alcohol.

giphy.gif

In regards to Carole, he was pro-Bethenny and anti-Carole.

Clothes wise everything Carole wore he hated - inclusive of calling her Fiona from Shrek

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Isaac Mizrahi was on with Dorinda. He and Andy were giving her the side eye when she claimed to NOT have a problem with alcohol.

giphy.gif

Clothes wise everything Carole wore he hated - inclusive of calling her Fiona from Shrek

Isaac probably sees Bethenny in his image, in that he's licensed his name and his trademark to the highest bidders.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Carole befriended Cassandra before she was ever dating or married to Brad Grey. Unless you're suggesting that Carole could see into the future that her friend would marry a producer who would die relatively young and leave the widow some money that would be of use to Carole?

Huh? Never said that.  I'm speculating if Carole's BFF is, now, willing to help Carole in her new endeavors.

Because Cassandra's husband, during the six or seven years of their relationship, wasn't able or willing to.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

Huh? Never said that.  I'm speculating if Carole's BFF is, now, willing to help Carole in her new endeavors.

Because Cassandra's husband, during the six or seven years of their relationship, wasn't able or willing to.

I was basing that off of the comment before you mentioned Cassandra's inheritance:

"...I think Carole makes her friendship decisions on who will benefit her. 

Now that Cassandra has inherited all that lovely television/movie studio money..."

It read as though you were linking the two thoughts.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I was basing that off of the comment before you mentioned Cassandra's inheritance:

"...I think Carole makes her friendship decisions on who will benefit her. 

I'll clarify:  I think Carole makes her friendship decisions of who her NEXT best friend will be by who will benefit her. 

Cassandra's turn.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Isaac probably sees Bethenny in his image, in that he's licensed his name and his trademark to the highest bidders.

Mizrahi was on "Team Carole"  -- he said he adored Bethenny, but she cried all the time and put too much stress on things  -- starts at 16:00:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-15/dorinda-medley-isaac-mizrahi?autoPlay=1

The micro-expression on Dorinda's face when he talks about Bethenny crying is priceless -- her mouth twists with distaste and then -- poof! --  it's gone

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'll clarify:  I think Carole makes her friendship decisions of who her NEXT best friend will be by who will benefit her. 

Cassandra's turn.  

We have no idea who Carole considers her BF if she has one specific person or several, we only see her show friendships which with her seem to spill over when not filming but none seem to be her real life BFF. She is super close to her sister in law but that is hardly mentioned and she never really pops up on SM but that doesn’t mean they aren’t close.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, film noire said:

Mizrahi was on "Team Carole"  -- he said he adored Bethenny, but she cried all the time and put too much stress on things  -- starts at 16:00:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-15/dorinda-medley-isaac-mizrahi?autoPlay=1

The micro-expression on Dorinda's face when he talks about Bethenny crying is priceless -- her mouth twists with distaste and then -- poof! --  it's gone

Thank you! Wow. I just watched it, and like, Isaac said something very very different than what was previously intimated. [Ramona] Wow. Wow! WOW! [/Ramona]

Andy: And you are on Team Carole on the Bethenny-Carole thing now?

Isaac: I kinda was. I did. Yeah, only because I thought--because I love Bethenny so much--but I just thought, like, you know, um, there was too much stress being put on it. And, like, I don't know, a lot of crying from Bethenny.

Andy: Yes.

Isaac: A lot of manipulative crying from Bethenny.

(It still doesn't change my thought, though, that Isaac's licensed his name to the high heavens.)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

She goes through female besties almost as fast as Dorinda goes through Tylenol the morning after a bender. 

But, you're the one assigning Carole's best friends, and then deciding that they're no longer friends, and that it's all Carole's fault...and basing it all on IG activity, which is hardly a realistic assessment of anybody's friendships, much less those of someone you don't know personally.

Not true, as film noire pointed out with receipts in hand. (I didn't watch the clip, but did watch the show when it aired, and I specifically remember Mizrahi saying that he thought Beth's crying was manipulative.)

Edited by jaync
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

(It still doesn't change my thought, though, that Isaac's licensed his name to the high heavens.)

He has.  I love-hate him at times, but in the end, he's so entertaining to watch, whether selling shit on QVC ("This is fabuous and so lux at this price point, kittens -- it's everything you want!") or having a Michael Kors-like tantrum judging PR All Stars ("I am in despair -- this runway is not fabulous, kittens! -- it's everything only a very angry matron with chronic shingles would want!") 

I wonder if Carole guest judging on Allstars is far behind? (He'd have to say ki'en then :)

eta: 

9 minutes ago, jaync said:

as film noire pointed out with receipts in hand. 

Dear god...I used receipts in service to Carole?.....HELP ME!  I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE! ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Thank you! Wow. I just watched it, and like, Isaac said something very very different than what was previously intimated. [Ramona] Wow. Wow! WOW! [/Ramona]

Funny how that happens, huh? 

Michael Kors-like tantrum

Oh, how I miss that snarky ass tangerine.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, film noire said:

HELP ME!  I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE! ; )

All is not lost, FM.  Three reunion episodes.  You'll soon be reminded of all that has irritated you in the past about Carole.  ;-)

• Love 2

We have no idea who Carole considers her BF if she has one specific person or several, we only see her show friendships which with her seem to spill over when not filming but none seem to be her real life BFF. She is super close to her sister in law but that is hardly mentioned and she never really pops up on SM but that doesn’t mean they aren’t close.

Who is her sister-in-law?

10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Who is her sister-in-law?

She’s not famous and is divorced from her brother but she has talked about her. I believe she is also a writer so some people speculated that she might have written What Remains when the ghostwriter debate was happening.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

You are correct.  We have no idea.

How do you know she is close to her SIL?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

She s talked about in her book. She went and stayed with her in Oregon when she was grieving. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Anthony does have a sister but this sister in law was married to Carole’s brother.

Ha Ha I didn't know Carole had a brother either.

Now I get the "divorced" comment from up above. LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

The conversations about Carole’s friends and who her BFF is and who she calls BFF is funny in light of what Cassandra IG’d for Carole’s birthday hours ago.

This is gorgeous --  I'd say it about my best friend, and she'd say it right back (with added compliments, turning it into a competition :) There is no substitute for the woman in your life who has known you since you were a girl (or a teenager, college student or new mother, whenever your path crossed hers) and loved you every moment since then.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

The conversations about Carole’s friends and who her BFF is and who she calls BFF is funny in light of what Cassandra IG’d for Carole’s birthday hours ago.

What a lovely birthday message. So sweet.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

OMG. They are amongst us. ?

Cassandra sounds aware that Carole has/had 3,604 best friends.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Whoops my bad, Isaac and Dorinda love Carole so much that when Andy asked now that  Carole is gone which former HW would you want back?

Isaac said please please please, I pray to God and you Andy for you to convince Carole to come back.

Oh wait he said I pray to God and to you Andy for Jill Zarin OR Alex & Simon.

Dorinda said please please Andy I beg you - convince Carole to come back.

Oh wait Dorinda said she wants Jules to have another season.

Issac and Dorinda really care about Carole so much they've replaced her.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Andy asked now that  Carole is gone which former HW would you want back?

If this was the actual question it would be odd to answer Carole.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, ryebread said:

OMG. They are amongst us. ?

Cassandra sounds aware that Carole has/had 3,604 best friends.

Bwahahahaha!

If Carole could get away with it, she'd claim that Megan Markle is her new BFF

Carole needs an excuse to do another Dunkin Donuts Instagram ad.

Carole has her next ensemble ready

9bgF.gif

• Love 10

Nah, desperately trying to connect to MM is Frankel's game.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bwahahahaha!

Carole needs an excuse to do another Dunkin Donuts Instagram ad.

Carole has her next ensemble ready

9bgF.gif

OMG!    Did she borrow that dress from Tinsley?

• Love 10

But the original statement was that Mizrahi was pro-Bethenny and anti-Carole. It turns out that wasn’t the case. Andy asked point blank about “teams” and Mizrahi’s answer most certainly wasn’t anti-Carole.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

But the original statement was that Mizrahi was pro-Bethenny and anti-Carole. It turns out that wasn’t the case. Andy asked point blank about “teams” and Mizrahi’s answer most certainly wasn’t anti-Carole.

He loves, loves, loves Bethenny but he says she’s the one in the wrong on this fight.  Now he and Kristin Chenowith are besties.  Like lunch and shopping besties.  So that is probably a fun fight for the two of them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

We have no idea who her best friend is but we do know who her flavors of the month have been and one only needs to look at Instagram. All heather all the time followed by SWF dressing alike with Bethenny, to becoming a faux fashionista with Tinsley to finally all whatever Samantha romson’s new main squeeze is.

no besties just 31 flavors

9 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

That’s what her pics with everyone seems like. She’s hardly going to post pictures of she and her friends are scowling at each other.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bagger said:

We have no idea who her best friend is but we do know who her flavors of the month have been and one only needs to look at Instagram. All heather all the time followed by SWF dressing alike with Bethenny, to becoming a faux fashionista with Tinsley to finally all whatever Samantha romson’s new main squeeze is.

That’s what her pics with everyone seems like. She’s hardly going to post pictures of she and her friends are scowling at each other.

I mean, if you're only recently paying attention to Carole's IG (as in the last year) as it relates to Bethenny, then it would be easy to miss that Carole has had Cassandra Grey as a friend (outside of IG, on IG) for years.

I shared either here pages ago or maybe in one of the episode threads that I originally started following Cassandra maybe midway through Carole's first season on the show because I saw that she (Carole) would share pix from time to time. I actually started following Cassandra Grey's company, Violet Grey, on IG then a short time afterward followed Cassandra herself. That was six years ago, before Bethenny was even back in the HW mix let alone befriending Carole. I also started following Ranjana Khan back when she was on Carole's first season.

Lastly, is it customary to post scowling pictures with friends?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Can Isaac form one complete sentence? 

"No, I cannot. I really can't. Because -- and here's the thing, chicken  --  I am fabulous. Like Audrey Hepburn's clavicle or Joan Crawford cleaning a bathroom floor, I am fabulous  and complete sentences are dull and predictable, like a head-to-toe outfit matched -- shoes and purse and pussy, all the same colour -- did I just say "pussy"? I've never seen one! -- Well, I have, but not like that-- I was throwing together this fabulous look for Mary Tyler Moore back in the nineties -- it was a Kennedy Center thing -- or maybe a mosh pit? -- I can't quite recall -- it was a shot silk fur trimmed jumpsuit with a split crotch, and  I saw her lady place -- so pretty!  -- and that's when I stopped talking in complete sentences -- it seemed so pointless after the honor of witnessing MTM's mound of Venus -- talk about turning my world on with a smile."

~unzipped is such a fun flick

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, bagger said:

I would hardly expect anyone to post scowling pictures with their friends. That would just be strange. She posts herself having fun which is very normal and okay.

• Love 3