Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, bagger said:

I was just coming back to add the Girlfriends Guide. Thank you!

It was also pretty telling she was holding 2 copies of her book.

If her publisher's were in anyway involved they would have copies at the meeting. So these mysterious people possibly opting in didn't have copies or read the book? - Oh Carole!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It did so poorly in sales, I don't see it being picked up.

Eh, you can option a book for pretty cheaply. And there have been some books with truly shit sales that have been optioned and made it to series like Hemlock Grove, which got 3 seasons on Netflix, and I Am Number Four, which was optioned based on the book pitch not even the book galley. Netflix has been optioning a shit ton of Wattpad stories. Those don't even have sales; they have teen girl likes on a mostly free app which has no demonstrated ability to turn into customers who are willing to pay to see these properties turned into live action projects. So I can see it being reoptioned, but whether it makes it to the pilot stage and to a series is another thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethenny's books had been optioned too, especially the I Suck at Dating book.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Did she delete it? I don't follow her anymore, but went to look and didn't see it. The last thing I see is a post about an Emilio from an Italian restaurant and how he "knows where all the bodies are buried".  And, as an Italian, fuck off Carole.

That's Carole, a casual racist. Gid I don't like her.

The Instagram stories are only up for a limited time.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Did she delete it? I don't follow her anymore, but went to look and didn't see it. The last thing I see is a post about an Emilio from an Italian restaurant and how he "knows where all the bodies are buried".  And, as an Italian, fuck off Carole.

I second the motion!

STFU Carole!

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Finally, the first recorded use of "where the bodies are buried" was in Citizen Kane, which was about William Randolph Hearst, who is not Italian.

I think attributing "X knows where the bodies are buried and he aint' talking" to an Italian man will usually  -- in this Corleone-Soprano-Teflon Don loving culture -- be associated with the culture of organized crime (or at least how we've seen it mythologized). 

But I sure do agree with every other thing you said :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, film noire said:

I think "X knows where the bodies are buried and he aint' talking" is usually  -- in this Corleone-Soprano-Teflon Don loving culture -- associated with organized crime.

But I sure do agree with every other thing you said :)

I've worked in politics and government. We tend to use the phrase pretty often for political appointees and insiders who seem to be made of Teflon. I have a friend who was not politically connected, but earned the displeasure of some of the governor's staff who wanted her fired. The head of my agency straight up told them that my friend had a photographic memory and KNEW where ALL the bodies are buried. Once they ousted her, we ended being sued by a watchdog agency for 5 or 6 years just based on what my friend knew.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The style ages her YEARS!  Not something anyone of a certain age wants.  Next thing you know she will be wearing a shampoo set (for you youngin's it is where a woman goes to a salon once a week or every two weeks and gets it washed and set on rollers and then brushed out to a helmet head, similar to M'Lynn in Steele Magnolia's). 

This reminds me of my great-aunt's basement beauty shop. On Thursdays and Saturdays, a parade of "women of a certain age" would come and get this exact thing. I can smell the Stylac, menthol cigarettes, and coffee through the monitor.

53 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's Carole, a casual racist. Gid I don't like her.

The Instagram stories are only up for a limited time.

This is a pretty heavy accusation to be throwing at Carole. The phrase "where the bodies are buried" originated with Citizen Kane and is in no way, shape, or form exclusive to Italians or Mafia culture.

If Carole is racist for that, then Bethenny is a stupid racist for her K-Mart remarks. It is spelled "zapatos" not "sapatos" (unless you are referring to Tagalog or Portuguese).

As an aside, I did not know that Carole was half-Italian herself.

3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Carole may boast about being a wordsmith but she falls short.    Technically, she didn't "bury" any of them.   Anthony was cremated and some of his ashes still reside in an urn in her apartment.     John and Carolyn were laid to rest at sea. 

That is splitting hairs. I don't think you actually have to put a loved one in the ground to say that you buried them. If that is the case, I suppose I should stop telling my mother that she didn't kill my grandmother when she feels guilty for removing the life support. After all, she is the one who told the doctors to pull the plug...

• Love 15
Just now, Rosiejuliemom said:

This reminds me of my great-aunt's basement beauty shop. On Thursdays and Saturdays, a parade of "women of a certain age" would come and get this exact thing. I can smell the Stylac, menthol cigarettes, and coffee through the monitor.

This is a pretty heavy accusation to be throwing at Carole. The phrase "where the bodies are buried" originated with Citizen Kane and is in no way, shape, or form exclusive to Italians or Mafia culture.

If Carole is racist for that, then Bethenny is a stupid racist for her K-Mart remarks. It is spelled "zapatos" not "sapatos" (unless you are referring to Tagalog or Portuguese).

As an aside, I did not know that Carole was half-Italian herself.

That is splitting hairs. I don't think you actually have to put a loved one in the ground to say that you buried them. If that is the case, I suppose I should stop telling my mother that she didn't kill my grandmother when she feels guilty for removing the life support. After all, she is the one who told the doctors to pull the plug...

I stand by what I said. Words matter. She's intelligent enough to know how that comes across outside of D.C. and given she's half italian she should know the connotations. But she also excused Lu's blackface. So. ....

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I stand by what I said. Words matter. She's intelligent enough to know how that comes across outside of D.C. and given she's half italian she should know the connotations. But she also excused Lu's blackface. So. ....

And I stand by what I said. If she had said something about sleeping with the fishes or something similar, a claim of racism might have more merit.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It did so poorly in sales, I don't see it being picked up. It's pretty funny Bethenny's I Suck at Relationships book ranks higher than Widow's Guide.

And note she said agent not publisher - so her publishers opted OUT.

Even Bravo didn't bite, they did a Girlfriends Guide to Divorce.

I got an advance copy of "Widow's Guide" and I couldn't get through it.  It was horrible, boring and not interesting at all.  I can't imagine that any network or producer would look at that and think it would make a good show.  Maybe in overall concept, in the most abstract way, but her actual book?  No. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, psychoticstate said:

I got an advance copy of "Widow's Guide" and I couldn't get through it.  It was horrible, boring and not interesting at all.  I can't imagine that any network or producer would look at that and think it would make a good show.  Maybe in overall concept, in the most abstract way, but her actual book?  No. 

Often a book is just the inspiration for a show! A serious novel can be made into a comedy easily! Seen it done many times! ;-)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Often a book is just the inspiration for a show! A serious novel can be made into a comedy easily! Seen it done many times! ;-)

Compare the book Valley of the Dolls with the movie. Or World War Z.

For television, Under the Dome. The book was great. The series pissed me off so much that I rage-quit halfway through the first season.

• Love 2

I don't care about Carole one way or the other, but Italians and/or Italian Americans are white. So the idea that using that phrase makes her "racist" is kind of nonsensical. 

Also, speaking as someone who is half Italian-American, the phrase about knowing where the bodies are buried does not have some special significance to Italian Americans and is pretty commonly used in a lot of different contexts. 

• Love 18
On 8/13/2018 at 12:53 AM, HunterHunted said:

I'm sorry, but I'm NEVER EVER going to listen to Michael Rapaport's opinion on anything. He compared Kenya Moore to an ape. An ape. In 2018. He harassed an ex and she had to get a restraining order. He also has a very long record of tweeting shitty things to people of color, particularly women. To paraphrase Bethenny, he's a consolation prize. A not so stealth bigot thinks Carole sucks, applause? He's a bigot and an asshole. The fuq do I care what he thinks. The fact that he doesn't like Carole should be a badge of honor for her.

I wish I could heart this 20 more times. The fact that Michael’s opinion is considered relevant or accurate makes me feel ill. He’s an awful racist person. 

I kind of hate that there’s an expectation that Carole should have tweet anything in reference to Dennis. If she did or does, great. But she doesn’t have to and I wouldn’t look down on her if she didn’t. Maybe I am just old school, but I would take a personal text, email, or call expressing condolences over a tweet that is really only intended to say “see, world, I care!”. 

It’s funny, Carole said at one point that she was tired of everything being about Bethenny. And now she can’t use her social media because Bethenny’s on/off bf’s grandmother might see her posts. What a time to be alive. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 10

They look cute and happy.   I love that Heather never got the full HW injectibles and nose job treatment.   

The option discussion is interesting.   I misremembered the conversation- I thought something had been set in stone, or assumed so.   Hunter Hunted, really interesting that some “failed” or not-quite books led to big scripted series success in a rare instance or two.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2018 at 10:36 AM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

To all who served, whether or not they faced danger during that time, Thank You. You were *willing to put yourself out there if called — much more than I would ever have the courage to do. 

Back to the grimy. Is this the place to remark in Michael Rapaport’s WWHL criticisms of Carole? I have no problem with what he said, I just was impressed again with how the guests seem all to be in the anti- camp. Seems to me they are staying on script. S. Andy’s look is always halfway between “interested in what they have to say” and “checking carefully that they’re saying it right.” 

If this is an elaborate ruse, it’s a testament to how solid Andy & Carole’s long friendship is. 

I don't see Michael Rappaport going off any script. He's been talking about the HW's for the longest time and goes into more details on his podcast.

He absolutely loves Dorinda - she is his favorite HW but even with Dorinda he said he sides with Luann because Dorinda got really dark and mean this season. I think the season Luann got married and Dorinda gave her toast, Michael is the first one who described D with her pointing fingers at these awkward angles.

I cracked up when he said her time is up, she's gotta go.

The celebrity guests from the beginning of the season were pro B unless they were on the same night as C

• Love 3
On 8/16/2018 at 5:45 AM, trimthatfat said:

I wish I could heart this 20 more times. The fact that Michael’s opinion is considered relevant or accurate makes me feel ill. He’s an awful racist person. 

I kind of hate that there’s an expectation that Carole should have tweet anything in reference to Dennis. If she did or does, great. But she doesn’t have to and I wouldn’t look down on her if she didn’t. Maybe I am just old school, but I would take a personal text, email, or call expressing condolences over a tweet that is really only intended to say “see, world, I care!”. 

It’s funny, Carole said at one point that she was tired of everything being about Bethenny. And now she can’t use her social media because Bethenny’s on/off bf’s grandmother might see her posts. What a time to be alive. 

Forget about Michael's opinion though, as noted, every other guest who has come on has backed Bethenny, unless they were sitting next to Carole. It's not because they are puppets of Andy, lol, it's because Carole has been clumsy in her take down efforts.

I objected to her tweeting about Dennis so quickly. I thought it was in poor taste. But she had to for damage control because she'd just been petty and used her husband and best friends deaths to grief shame Bethenny with her tweet about burying three people in three weeks. That was bad timing. Of course she couldn't know Dennis would die. But then Carole, Mrs. Sensitivity immediately tweeted a picture of her partying with Dorinda and Caroline Stanton from the London franchise, right after. That wasn't bad timing, it was careless. Not because Dennis's loved ones would see it, but it showed how empty her condolences were. I'm so sorry for his loss, but I have partying to do! It showed how insensitive she is.

Carole "can't post" not because Dennis's loved ones will see it, but because it brings attention to what a cold fish she is and highlights that she believes only her grief matters. None of this would have been an issue if she hadn't used the anniversary of her husband's death to poke at Bethenny. 

This entire season has been one miscalculation after another from Carole. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny was right - Carole is the one who pursued a friendship with Bethenny even though her allegedly BFF at the time, Heather had issues with Bethenny.

And now that Bethenny is her ex-BFF, will Carole pursue a bestie friendship again with Heather?

Interesting that she just posted an IG Story pic of herself and Heather after a 3-year-ish radio silence about her on social media. 

She called out for transparency in the last episode at Lu's Cabaret. This is pretty transparent, Radzi. ?

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, ryebread said:

And now that Bethenny is her ex-BFF, will Carole pursue a bestie friendship again with Heather?

Interesting that she just posted an IG Story pic of herself and Heather after a 3-year-ish radio silence about her on social media. 

She called out for transparency in the last episode at Lu's Cabaret. This is pretty transparent, Radzi. ?

Non not BFF's. but she will start trying to convey that they are good friends.

She is leaving the BFF spot open - because it's Caroline Bissette in her mind.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Oh please, all these women work it! Most go to the source calling the media with relationships that go back years more than likely! All are NY'rs so they'll play it for all it's worth and I don't blame them! What is Carole supposed to do; fade into the woodwork and allow others to malign her at every turn without being able to defend herself? I think not! I'm no fan of Carole's in particular, but I'm even less vested in the lives of these other egomaniacal shrews! ;-)

• Love 3

Oh please, all these women work it! Most go to the source calling the media with relationships that go back years more than likely! All are NY'rs so they'll play it for all it's worth and I don't blame them!

Then I probably don't understand why people get upset when other housewives "work it".

What is Carole supposed to do; fade into the woodwork and allow others to malign her at every turn without being able to defend herself?

If she wants to continue being in the media limelight, thats perfectly fine but at last check, her stated view was that she had learned what she needed from the reality show world and was going to return to journalism. Fade into the woodwork in other words. But if she wants to continue on in the public eye, whatever... I don't personally think she's that interesting on her own but tastes vary.

That said, who is attacking her? At last check it's been Carole with the nasty blogs and nasty tweets and if she doesn't want to deal with the reality show world of RHONY (and I can understand why) then perhaps she needs to actually move on, and stop engaging. If she was really above it, she's make the pleasant but cutting comment of "I wish the women of RHONY nothing but the best and I am moving forward".

And, you know, mean it. 

• Love 14

The speculation (& supporting previews) of how the reunion went down makes me wonder if Carole quitting was a hasty, emotional decision she'll live to regret.  I hope so.  I've always disliked Bethenny, but this season made me realize I dislike Carole even more.  Adios.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 3

dea22a16-cb81-419a-9527-a8fc69c211a6.png

Brought over from the Bethenny thread as this is the more appropriate thread.

Diane Sawyer interviewed Whitney Houston. The interview was big across networks after it aired. Why would it take Carole 16 years to hear the phrase? I think Diane's Sawyer's viewer base is full of people of various ethnic backgrounds. The saddest part of this is Diane Sawyer did this interview through ABC News, the same network and news channel her mentor, Jennings worked for. Carole alleges that she worked for ABC News.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

The speculation (& supporting previews) of how the reunion went down makes me wonder if Carole quitting was a hasty, emotional decision she'll live to regret.  I hope so.  I've always disliked Bethenny, but this season made me realize I dislike Carole even more.  Adios.

I agree. 

Except...I think I might miss Writer Girl just a little.  I'd rather see Dorinda go. Carole is snark worthy in her boringness and her self-importance, but Dorinda just makes me sad and angry. Sangry. 

Carole is a ki'in, that will leave tiny scratches on your heart.  Dorinda is a wildcat that will tear your heart out and bat it around for a while before she devours it.

• Love 8

Re: Carole not knowing what bringing the receipts means

I think she's known all along. Just one more way she pretends to be dumb because she thinks it's cute. That it somehow makes her seem younger via faux naivete. I just don't get it.

Granted, not everyone is familiar with the 'bringing the receipt' phrase. But like you said, she worked for ABC News, was friends with Diane Sawyer. She's also a Real Housewife well, was) and I've heard that phrase used by them, for years. She runs with a fabulous crowd  who  talks like that. Her pleather pants are on fire. Again.

• Love 9

Just want to point out that Carole kindly told Ramona, who was angry about Beth, to try to focus on celebrating Lu and her successful cabaret show and her sobriety.

Also, last season, in Vermont, Carole protectively tried to make sure that Dorinda would be sleeping in the “best” room, since Dorinda always seemed to get shafted in the past with regard to hotel rooms. 

I just think Carole is a good person and good friend!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I just think Carole is a good person and good friend!!

I get it, Hoo.  None of these housewives are all good or all bad. 

This is the way I feel about Sonja:  I think she's pretty and looks fun to be around. Off color but relatively harmless.

Once in awhile I will post these thoughts in her thread. And then I duck and run.  :-)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I think she's known all along. Just one more way she pretends to be dumb because she thinks it's cute. That it somehow makes her seem younger via faux naivete. I just don't get it.

Granted, not everyone is familiar with the 'bringing the receipt' phrase. But like you said, she worked for ABC News, was friends with Diane Sawyer. She's also a Real Housewife well, was) and I've heard that phrase used by them, for years. She runs with a fabulous crowd  who  talks like that. Her pleather pants are on fire. Again.

It was said on one of the RHONY reunions that Carole was a part of.

When Ramona brought out her receipts (newspaper clippings) about dating Tom and Luann knowing about it.

tumblr_oej40abxKG1slj24go1_500.gif?resiz

• Love 5
On 8/15/2018 at 9:10 PM, psychoticstate said:

Like you said the overall concept.

A woman in her 30's finds herself suddenly widowed and re-enters the dating world.

You don't need to option a poor selling book to create a show on this premise

• Love 8

Great pic of Carole and Heather...thanks for posting it, Mozelle. (Gotta love the goalpost-moving and grief their friendship begets, lol.)

Forget about Michael's opinion though, as noted, every other guest who has come on has backed Bethenny, unless they were sitting next to Carole.

Isaac Mizrahi didn't (and he likes Beth). Anyway, I doubt Carole gives a shit that the likes of Rappaport and Megan McCain don't "back" her. OTOH, it probably means the world to Frankel.

• Love 7
On 8/19/2018 at 10:09 AM, ryebread said:

Similar to pretending to not know what Friends With Benefits means

Hah!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Forget about Michael's opinion though, as noted, every other guest who has come on has backed Bethenny, unless they were sitting next to Carole. It's not because they are puppets of Andy, lol, it's because Carole has been clumsy in her take down efforts.

I objected to her tweeting about Dennis so quickly. I thought it was in poor taste. But she had to for damage control because she'd just been petty and used her husband and best friends deaths to grief shame Bethenny with her tweet about burying three people in three weeks. That was bad timing. Of course she couldn't know Dennis would die. But then Carole, Mrs. Sensitivity immediately tweeted a picture of her partying with Dorinda and Caroline Stanton from the London franchise, right after. That wasn't bad timing, it was careless. Not because Dennis's loved ones would see it, but it showed how empty her condolences were. I'm so sorry for his loss, but I have partying to do! It showed how insensitive she is.

Carole "can't post" not because Dennis's loved ones will see it, but because it brings attention to what a cold fish she is and highlights that she believes only her grief matters. None of this would have been an issue if she hadn't used the anniversary of her husband's death to poke at Bethenny. 

This entire season has been one miscalculation after another from Carole. 

I didn’t say anyone was a puppet of Andy’s - I don’t even know where that comes from and didn’t mention Andy in my post. Michael is a racist asshole to me, Andy or no Andy, and I’ve felt that way before he voiced his opinion about Bethenny. Anyway, I’ll agree to disagree. I don’t think Carole is mean or cold. I think she should be able to post what she wants when she wants and I feel the same way about Bethenny.

Also, Heather and Carole are cute! Glad they are still close.

• Love 6
On 8/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, ryebread said:

I get it, Hoo.  None of these housewives are all good or all bad. 

This is the way I feel about Sonja:  I think she's pretty and looks fun to be around. Off color but relatively harmless.

Once in awhile I will post these thoughts in her thread. And then I duck and run.  :-)

I agree.  That is why I go back and forth about Lu.  I was talking about OC the other day with my husband and said one nice thing about her (Vicki).  She actually looks like she can cook.  There.  Now I am off the hook for saying a nice thing about her for the next year.  

Carole looks like she treats her animals well so I know she isn't a bad person.  Boring on this show yes. Bad person nah.  My thought is she just keeps things superficial in a lot of areas of her life which may go back to when she lost a lot of people she loved very quickly.  But if anyone is reading this that is associated with ABC, do NOT hire her on The View.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I didn’t say anyone was a puppet of Andy’s - I don’t even know where that comes from and didn’t mention Andy in my post. Michael is a racist asshole to me, Andy or no Andy, and I’ve felt that way before he voiced his opinion about Bethenny. Anyway, I’ll agree to disagree. I don’t think Carole is mean or cold. I think she should be able to post what she wants when she wants and I feel the same way about Bethenny.

Also, Heather and Carole are cute! Glad they are still close.

In my post I never argued that Michael wasn't a racist douche. Because he is and the way he talks about women of color in particular is disgusting.

The puppet thing has been implied by many as a talking point to Bethenny being defended by Andy or any other person, ever. Sometimes when I post, I bring in other views, much like what I am responding to in the above paragraph that  I had not made any positive or negative opinion about Michael R known in that response. Or implied that I supported him in any way.

I agree, Carole can post what she wants, when she wants to, and I can find her posts to be declasse, self involved, and clueless.

Yes, we will clearly have to agree to disagree.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

In my post I never argued that Michael wasn't a racist douche. Because he is and the way he talks about women of color in particular is disgusting.

The puppet thing has been implied by many as a talking point to Bethenny being defended by Andy or any other person, ever. Sometimes when I post, I bring in other views, much like what I am responding to in the above paragraph that  I had not made any positive or negative opinion about Michael R known in that response. Or implied that I supported him in any way.

I agree, Carole can post what she wants, when she wants to, and I can find her posts to be declasse, self involved, and clueless.

Yes, we will clearly have to agree to disagree.

Yup. You’re free to find her as you find her - I am not here to change anyone’s mind about...well, anything. I respect all opinions. Well, unless they’re ignorant and bigoted. 

1 hour ago, jaync said:

giphy.gif

Danger indeed! It’s equal parts strange and amusing. Shame this season has been so polarizing that even viewers are getting into it with each other. Can’t we all just get along? ;)

Edited by trimthatfat

Isn't every season polarizing though? I just think it's a shame when people make it personal.

I saw something in Carole this season that I had not noticed before. A pettiness of spirit. In past seasons I've seasawed on her, much like I do with all of the women, but she appeared to want to stir the pot with everyone, even Tinsley this year. Maybe it was in a desperate attempt to stay relevant or maybe it's because she is simply that petty.

When Carole made her crude remark about Tins being less upset about their "near death" boat experience, because in a nutshell, as an abused woman, Tinsley was used to minimizing bad experiences, Carole was at her worst. Admittedly she has real reasons to dislike all of the other women, but Tinsley? This is how she treats people who she is supposedly on good terms with? Publicly shaming them?

The worst part about it is that I think Carole did it because Barbie Girl Tins showed more fortitude than "war correspondent" Carole in the face of danger, and Carole felt had to put her back in her place.

• Love 23
31 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Isn't every season polarizing though? I just think it's a shame when people make it personal.

I saw something in Carole this season that I had not noticed before. A pettiness of spirit. In past seasons I've seasawed on her, much like I do with all of the women, but she appeared to want to stir the pot with everyone, even Tinsley this year. Maybe it was in a desperate attempt to stay relevant or maybe it's because she is simply that petty.

When Carole made her crude remark about Tins being less upset about their "near death" boat experience, because in a nutshell, as an abused woman, Tinsley was used to minimizing bad experiences, Carole was at her worst. Admittedly she has real reasons to dislike all of the other women, but Tinsley? This is how she treats people who she is supposedly on good terms with? Publicly shaming them?

The worst part about it is that I think Carole did it because Barbie Girl Tins showed more fortitude than "war correspondent" Carole in the face of danger, and Carole felt had to put her back in her place.

I agree.  That was an awful thing for Carole to say.    This season I was used to and expected negative comments from Carole but I never expected her to be so cruel to her new BFF.   

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I agree.  That was an awful thing for Carole to say.    This season I was used to and expected negative comments from Carole but I never expected her to be so cruel to her new BFF.   

Carole could be one of those women who can't be friends with other women for any length of time. She goes through female besties almost as fast as Dorinda goes through Tylenol the morning after a bender. Nah, just kidding, haha but....

Raise your hand if you rotate best friends out every 2 or 3 years.  Anybody?

The only friends who've remained constant through all these years that Carole has been on our Instagram radar has been Eric, and Baby's daddies. Dudes.

Carole gets intimate with her females friends very quickly and then, just as quickly, it's over. What's up with that?

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Raise your hand if you rotate best friends out every 2 or 3 years.  Anybody?

Does she do this? I thought she had a lot of longtime friends. She strikes me as someone who views BFFs as a tier not a person.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I thought she had a lot of longtime friends. She strikes me as someone who views BFFs as tier not a person.

Maybe. Maybe she has a ton of long term friends and acquaintances. Perhaps she only 'advertises' the Heathers, Bethennys and Tinsleys because they are good for her image.  Or something. I dunno. I can't figure out her friendstyle.

5 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She’s been friends with Cassandra Grey for years, no?

Has she?  I wasn't aware they were friends until she was breaking up with Bethenny and being kind of bitchy to Tinz.

Time to trade up.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

Perhaps she only 'advertises' the Heathers, Bethennys and Tinsleys because they are good for her image

I think it’s becaise they are on the show not that they are her only friends. I also don’t remeber her calling any of them her best friend.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think it’s becaise they are on the show not that they are her only friends. I also don’t remeber her calling any of them her best friend.

I didn't say they're her only friends, it's just that she runs so hot with them. Friendship rings, matching tshirts, vacations, tons of pictures on social media.  She's "Ride or Die". Until, she's not. 

Then on to the next. But the guys? They seem to be at constant. Maybe she needs to share a dog with her female friends for the same magic to happen.

Hey, it just dawned on me. Maybe Cassandra Grey is the woman in California that she shares the boxer with.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She’s been friends with Cassandra Grey for years, no?

Yes, They go back before Cassandra married Brad Grey.

In 2008, they hosted a rip-off of Truman Capote's famous black and white ball  (Vanity Fair called it a "teeny-tiny black and white ball") at the newly gussied up Plaza Hotel. Vanity Fair's blurb about the party:

"Hosted by two of the city's prominent social doyennes (barf) Carol Radziwill (misspelled her name, bet that pissed her off) and Cassandra Huysentruyt (her last  name is Belgian --fries with mayo!) was "downtown meets uptown." (so...come dressed as a pimp, if the pimp were Frazier Crane).  When we arrived at the Plaza, the above-14th-Street soirée was in full swing in the balcony area that overlooked the hotel's new lobby. (I would stand under the balcony, eating delicious mini crab cakes -- and fries with mayo! -- looking up, hoping a one percenter jumped to their doom). Getting past the door people, one whom we recognized from Socialista (Carrie Bradshaw wannabe alert:  trendy club ref) was a Herculean task  (small liberal arts college alert: classical allusion)We finally received our keys to the second floor—white rose corsages (YOU BASTARDS! EVERYBODY KNOWS WHITE ROSES ARE RAMONA'S SIGNATURE FLOWER! YOU DAMN DIRTY APES, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??)

More at:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2008/05/a-party-at-the:

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

One of Carole's idiot moves happened in the Berkshires.

When Bethenny and Carole were going at it - Carole doesn't know how to have an argument and stay on point. So she screams out - you called Luann a loser.

This was petty Carole trying to 1) involve the other HW's 2) try to cause problems between Bethenny and Luann.

As for Tinsley. I think Tinsley is a good friend to Carole. I don't think Carole even likes Tinsley, she's just someone for her to use

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ryebread said:

Maybe. Maybe she has a ton of long term friends and acquaintances. Perhaps she only 'advertises' the Heathers, Bethennys and Tinsleys because they are good for her image.  Or something. I dunno. I can't figure out her friendstyle.

Has she?  I wasn't aware they were friends until she was breaking up with Bethenny and being kind of bitchy to Tinz.

Time to trade up.

She doesn't really need Tinsley if she is good friends with Scott. She only has to give a superficial illusion to Tinsley while Tinsley is Scott's girl. If Scott ever dumps Tinsley for real - Carole will stay on good terms with Scott and drop Tinsley like a hot potato.

As for her friendship with Cassandra. Cassandra has a lot more money than Tinsley & Heather. Cassandra is on the west coast. There's a much more luxurious couch by Cassandra.

• Love 5