Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

While we're discussing, Dumb Things Carole Radzwill Lies About:

The laced gummy bear. Sigh. Either she really is dumb, and took a single gummy bear from a stranger at a club or, she's lying. No, she wasn't joking because the next day she went into very great detail with her bestie, Heather.

So, why would a smart woman do that? Either take a single candy from a stranger or lie about doing so? And then go on to brag about it the next day while saying that guys aren't grossed out by puke and "as a woman it makes you seem really vulnerable and they like that." LOL. Oh, Carole.  I'm gonna miss you.

Season 7 episode 4. The scene is toward the beginning and totally worth a rewatch.  Heather isn't buying it anymore than I do. She was fake laughing and looked uncomfortable. Like she was in the presence of a fraud.

• Love 9

Annnnnd.... this is also the episode where we first see Doris slurring and flying off the handle. It's at John in the Italian restaurant. Says she's not one to get angry very often but...LOL. Damn, her eyes are like drunken little daggers. She also looks like she's aged about 15 years since then. Now Bethenny is telling Carole and Dorinda that they need to remarket Widowry. And that Anthony's ashes being moved around is like her dog going to doggie daycare. WTH? Now a fight with Heather.

This is kind of epic.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Lol. Except for Aviva who reacted with shock and horror. And Bethenny who reacted with shock and horror that Carole (supposedly) had never had dim sum or lavender-flavored foods. Don't the Brits call that "taking the piss"?

Which reminds me of a thought I had last week, I think, that if Carole were English she would probably be received differently. She wouldn't be accused of being "cold" or "emotionless"; she would be said to be practicing that "stiff upper lip" thing the Brits are know for. And her sense of humor would be considered "dry wit" rather than being taken literally at every turn. Lisa Vanderpump gets away with a lot because of her accent and where she's from. 

LVP often has a twinkle and metaphorical wink with her wit. A problem with Carole is that so much of what she says/ does can be taken literally because it seems in character to her. Also, LVP has a lot of empathy, so while contained in her emotional responses, she isn't cold. Carole doesn't show much empathy.

• Love 7

I have to admit, I was off put by the idea that Anthony’s ashes were sort of stored like a piece of furniture. Yes, yes, everyone grieves differently, no one has any right to say anything about anyone’s way of grieving or handling a death, there’s no wrong way to grieve so if Carole wants to play musical chairs with her beloved husband’s ashes, we all have to like it but.... I found it odd partly because I have to assume Anthony had relatives other than his wife who might have liked a formal resting spot. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I have to admit, I was off put by the idea that Anthony’s ashes were sort of stored like a piece of furniture. Yes, yes, everyone grieves differently, no one has any right to say anything about anyone’s way of grieving or handling a death, there’s no wrong way to grieve so if Carole wants to play musical chairs with her beloved husband’s ashes, we all have to like it but.... I found it odd partly because I have to assume Anthony had relatives other than his wife who might have liked a formal resting spot. 

Where did Anthony's ashes finally end up? Was it ever addressed where she put them once she retrieved them?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Where did Anthony's ashes finally end up? Was it ever addressed where she put them once she retrieved them?

Last time I saw them, the urn was sitting in her window sill as a decorative item after the 2nd (?) remodel?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

In an interview, she says it's in her apartment;

Carole: I have a shelf in my living room and there’s all sorts of beautiful objects on it and there’s a photo of my wedding, so that’s where it is. It doesn’t look like a shrine or anything. It actually looks like it completely belongs. It fits right in.”

And the church screwed up, big time (why they never reached out to Lee Radziwill -- famous and easy to locate -- is beyond me):

Carole: And it was 15 years ago and they didn’t know how to reach me. Yeah 15 years, we didn’t have cell phones. And I’ve moved five times since. It was shocking to get that email on my website....When I saw the urn, I was a little startled... it brought me back to the moment when I first saw it when we were on the beach after his ceremony. After the church ceremony and we scattered some of his ashes at the beach behind his mom’s house where we got married, and then I saved some to eventually bring it to London where his father was buried. When I saw it I easily went back to that moment standing on the beach with his mom and that was a little heavier than I thought. But really wonderful. On the long car ride home, I was thinking about things, our life together, what has happened since, and here I am in London. I did get emotional because it was a lot to think about and I was being filmed, so that was stressful.”

https://okmagazine.com/news/carole-radziwill-real-housewives-new-york-husband-ashes-london/

Everything about filming the retrieval felt off/wrong/wtf to me.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

The same reason she lied last winter when she pretended not to know that lavender could be used in food. Blueberry and lavender ice cream? What's that?

She exclaimed, "Lavender is a spray".

However, the summer before, she was quoted in a magazine saying she had lavender honey gelato and a butter sablee for dessert.  Pick a lane.

https://people.com/food/real-housewives-carole-radziwill-food-diary-diet/

That's my major malfunction with her. Or any woman who is smart and purposely acts like a dum dum because she thinks it's cute. Then doubles down with a lie.

I know someone also posted about the FWB remark showing proof of Carole lying.

This season she had an on camera scene with Tinsley claiming she didn't know what Friends With Benefits meant and she read the definition out loud reading from her phone.

Flip back to a few years ago of her using the term on the show.

Adam is also a hypocrite. He is a self proclaimed VEGAN yet his charity work in Nicaragua he is so excited to talk about teaching the locals to make HONEY. Honey is considered a vegan no no.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

He is a self proclaimed VEGAN yet his charity work in Nicaragua he is so excited to talk about teaching the locals to make HONEY. Honey is considered a vegan no no.

But the locals likely aren't vegan -- so Adam forcing his beliefs on them would force me to take him down with a sexy salad spinner ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Yes, people probably do hand her cards often. But how many of those people are mentioned by name in an article about them? Especially with a memorable name (Sassoon isn't that common and it is memorable). I don't believe it escaped the famed journalist's mind for a second.

It's also not common for a random fans "occupation" to be mentioned either.

• Love 2

But Carole is stupid because I'm not even dating a vegan and I know that cashmere is from animals and that's a no no for vegans but season 8 Carole bought Adam a cashmere coat that she had to return.

Hypocrite; she said this about Sonja and then goes on to "date" Adam

X4OE.gif

Mean: says this about Luann's niece's feelings

tumblr_nnyll3iJgw1qk08n1o1_500.gif

But when Sonja said she dated Russ after they broke up she excuses HIS behavior if it had been true but it's bad of Sonja. But it's ok when she does it to Luann's niece and of course believes Adam.

"Russ says he never banged Sonja and I believe him but hey, things happen. If that rumor is even partly true it says nothing about me and everything about Sonja. None of it good. Sonja says people are always taking advantage of her except, well, when she is taking advantage of them". (Kind of like believing Adam when he said they weren't together instead of the niece but then karma came around this season and Adam did the same thing)

"I'm not the kind of girl who fights over a man, especially an ex, but I am a girl". (Not a girl and you did fight over Adam like an immature one, it was pathetic)

I asked her what any normal girl would ask, what the f---? Because where I'm from, women have each other's backs. They don't perpetuate gossip about their friends. Sonja denied that it happened but didn't apologize for letting Satako repeat it while she giggled. (Except she declared during the season 8 reunion that gossiping behind backs is exactly what girlfriends do)

But Carole did lie about Sonja and the pirate and although apologized it was incredibly weird and creepy thing to lie about it at all. She just wanted to make Sonja look bad and the rumor still persists even tough Carole lied!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Omg why oh why am I in a position to defend this situation. I’m going to hate myself in the morning buuuuut... it’s not odd for cremated remains to be inurned at a church as a final resting place. Because these aren’t “cemeteries” the families run the risk of those churches being sold or worse those niche rooms being repurposed by the church and the families forced to move their loved ones.

56 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I believe Carole said she was going to keep him in her apartment for the time being.

• Love 8

Once the season and the talk through is over, I for one will be happy to stop talking about  her. Unless she does something stupid on her social media.

About the lies: I can kind of get behind the idea that Carole forgot the matchmaker, but what I don't get is her lieing about language. She's a writer, she's young! She's hip! She's cooool. Why would she pretend to not know what friend's with benefits is? Words are her business. Is she losing her memory? She spent time building this sexually free persona and then acts coy about what FWBs are? Is it some way to reframe herself as a "good" girl? It's baffling.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Here I thought Carole was done.  She clearly will live on in infamy.

To be fair, the season isn't over yet.  And then the reunion is good for a couple more weeks snark.  I imagine she'll go the way of Heather, for instance.

We continued discussing her for about a month after the show wrapped. And then it was nothing for many months.  Holla was history until things got messy with her business partner.

That's probably how it will go for Carole, too.  Except suing the business partner part.  You need to have a business or at least an occupation for that to happen.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

To be fair, the season isn't over yet.  And then the reunion is good for a couple more weeks snark.  I imagine she'll go the way of Heather, for instance.

We continued discussing her for about a month after the show wrapped. And then it was nothing for many months.  Holla was history until things got messy with her business partner.

That's probably how it will go for Carole, too.  Except suing the business partner part.  You need to have a business or at least an occupation for that to happen.

I think this thread will be active for some time. I'm having loads of fun with Carole GIFS.

What happened to Baby (the cats)? Did they escape?

5aPNt2QgQjmqhSDTnKQI_Cats.gif

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

But Carole is stupid because I'm not even dating a vegan and I know that cashmere is from animals and that's a no no for vegans but season 8 Carole bought Adam a cashmere coat that she had to return.

Hypocrite; she said this about Sonja and then goes on to "date" Adam

X4OE.gif

Mean: says this about Luann's niece's feelings

tumblr_nnyll3iJgw1qk08n1o1_500.gif

But when Sonja said she dated Russ after they broke up she excuses HIS behavior if it had been true but it's bad of Sonja. But it's ok when she does it to Luann's niece and of course believes Adam.

"Russ says he never banged Sonja and I believe him but hey, things happen. If that rumor is even partly true it says nothing about me and everything about Sonja. None of it good. Sonja says people are always taking advantage of her except, well, when she is taking advantage of them". (Kind of like believing Adam when he said they weren't together instead of the niece but then karma came around this season and Adam did the same thing)

"I'm not the kind of girl who fights over a man, especially an ex, but I am a girl". (Not a girl and you did fight over Adam like an immature one, it was pathetic)

I asked her what any normal girl would ask, what the f---? Because where I'm from, women have each other's backs. They don't perpetuate gossip about their friends. Sonja denied that it happened but didn't apologize for letting Satako repeat it while she giggled. (Except she declared during the season 8 reunion that gossiping behind backs is exactly what girlfriends do)

But Carole did lie about Sonja and the pirate and although apologized it was incredibly weird and creepy thing to lie about it at all. She just wanted to make Sonja look bad and the rumor still persists even tough Carole lied!

I love Carole's hair, style (the necklace thing....love) and original couch upholstery in these gifs.

I'm interested in her post-show life.   Her Cali set seems viciously superficial, and she's done little as far as what's been shown on RHONY, IMO, to keep her writing, editing, producing and even thinking muscles in good shape.    Once you can craft a compelling story, on some level hanging constantly with dopey-mean stylists and obsessing about your wardrobe and little else must be depressing and boring as hell.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I know you're right.  ^That was just frustration on my part.

• Love 3
On 8/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, Normades said:

Oh, I don't think he would either, but Carole and Beth (if that is even the case) might not want to make it public.  It was just a thought I had and I wondered if anyone else was thinking about that possibility.  If Carole is bi, I doubt she would have many issues with being open about it, but I believe B would for many reasons.  Sadly, we live in a world where many people feel the need to hide their true selves, especially those in the public eye. 

Again, just to be clear -- the blind made me wonder if there might be more to their relationship and I wondered if anyone else had those thoughts.  I am not saying this is true at all.  It just seems strange that B is so distraught about the relationship.  She had been friends with Jill much longer and didn't seem to react this badly over their break-up. Also, early on, she made a point to talk about having sex dreams about Carole, so there is a basis for my thought.

I had the same thought @Normades.  The way B has been acting about the demise of their friendship had the feel of a partner being dumped rather than a friend.  I have had falling outs with friends but it never resembled the breakup of the B&C friendship.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As I said a few days ago, people are supposedly cheering that she’ll be gone but trust they’ll keep tabs on her as, Kandi said of Kim Zolciak, a fan.

• Love 1

Carole is being talked about for two reasons. The season is not over and she's in a fight with B, the most talked about person on the show. Once it's over, and barring any juicy scandals, I expect her to sink back to her relative obscurity. Which I think she will like.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Once the season and the talk through is over, I for one will be happy to stop talking about  her. Unless she does something stupid on her social media.

Me too. I don't think it will take long for her to do something weird on her SM. Most of them do post stupid, on the regular. 

Carole's twitter posting with the gun just after the school shooting will never be forgiven by me.

Some of us are still having fun snarking on Yolanda who posts ridiculously posed photos on instagram, and look how long she has been gone. Her silly posts are just too easy to make fun of. Especially her feet. Lol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I'm interested in her post-show life.   Her Cali set seems viciously superficial, 

Me, too!  Speaking of her Cali life: Cassandra Grey, the friend that Carole consoled after her husband, Brad died is selling their family home in Holmby Hills for 77 million dollars.

That kind of money plus DJ Ronson and Grey connections might make Carole's post RHONY life interesting.  Brad Grey, the deceased, was the CEO of Paramount. Maybe he had something to do with the projects Carole is working on.

If I don't come back in my next life worth tens of millions of dollars I hope at least I'll have a couple of friends who are.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-brad-grey-estate-20180221-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Me too. I don't think it will take long for her to do something weird on her SM. Most of them do post stupid, on the regular. 

Carole's twitter posting with the gun just after the school shooting will never be forgiven by me.

Some of us are still having fun snarking on Yolanda who posts ridiculously posed photos on instagram, and look how long she has been gone. Her silly posts are just too easy to make fun of. Especially her feet. Lol.

I missed the gun thing. WTF Carole?  I also go into Yolanda's thread every now and then, to see what stupid thing she's done.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I missed the gun thing. WTF Carole?  I also go into Yolanda's thread every now and then, to see what stupid thing she's done.

I will try to go back and find it . It was so inappropriate and her timing was terrible.

It was her post on International Women's Day this year. In very bad taste. 

Still, not any worse than some of the BS that Bethenny has posted/stated. They are both bad. 

Bethenny did suggest that black business women should hire white men to represent their businesses. OY. This in front of a live audience. 

But Bethenny is much more dishonest, and losing her mind on camera to boot.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Yeah, I was going to say, people still talk about Yolanda and she's been gone for years. Plus this season is still going, why wouldn't people be talking about her?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, film noire said:

But the locals likely aren't vegan -- so Adam forcing his beliefs on them would force me to take him down with a sexy salad spinner ; )

My view is different. It is not about forcing Adam's own beliefs onto the locals.

The articles and interviews were about him - and him highlighting and promoting himself. He is a Vegan and a Vegan Chef.

When promoting the work he was doing in Nicaragua - it was a produce farm. He could have highlighted the fields, the plants, what they use to fertilize, how they till the earth, the life cycle till harvest, the different types of plants. Instead he chose to go through the entire process of making honey.

He then went on to do another interview where he gifted the writer with a pot of honey. How about a jar of chutney instead or jelly instead?

To me, it would have been similar if he were asked to be interviewed about being a vegan chef and he brought the writer with him to his client for the day where he proceeded to cook filet mignon and lobster instead of showing him at home cooking a plant based meal.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

He then went on to do another interview where he gifted the writer with a pot of honey. How about a jar of chutney instead or jelly instead?

He was also promoting the farm (in the Huff post piece you mentioned) as well as his career and the farm doesn't make jelly or chutney,  it makes honey (via a beekeeper, who uses an adapted bicycle* as part of the honey-making process). 

And even though Adam is vegan,  he's said in interviews he cooks vegetarian for his vegetarian clients (which would include using surplus honey and /or ethically raised honey) so I don't see any hypocrisy in him promoting the honey made by the farm -- the most adult thing about the manchild is his willingess to not force his personal beliefs on his clients or people in a different culture (the Nicaraguans),  imo.

*minus carole on the handlebars

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

So when Carole lies she’s just teasing, taking the piss out of or just being silly.

when B exaggerates it uses hyperbole she’s a liar?

They’re  both liars but somehow it’s a little more acceptable coming from Carole. Hhhhm

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, bagger said:

They’re  both liars but somehow it’s a little more acceptable coming from Carole. Hhhhm

I think the different scale of the lies creates a proportional response -- Carole lies about never having seen lavender used as an ingredient in food, and is relentessly mocked; Bethnny Frankel lies about an ingredient in her "all natural" Skinnygirl Margarita, Whole Foods pulls it because the ingredient is a known carcinogen, and Frankel is criticized for her duplicity. Carole lies about being lost when it comes to understanding what "Friends with benefits" means, and is relentlessly mocked; Frankel lies about being lost at sea, slaps a gag order on the boat captain who revealed her lies to the public,  and is criticized for bullying a private citizen for speaking out. 

Some lies merit mockery,  some moral condemnation; Carole (to my knowledge) engages in the former, while Frankel engages in the latter.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bagger said:

So when Carole lies she’s just teasing, taking the piss out of or just being silly.

Yup. You got it.

When Carole says that she didn't know lavender could be in food (even if she's named a dessert in the past that she liked that had lavender in it), she isn't making a false or misleading statement about someone else.

When Bethenny reads off old texts from someone, making implications that they're recent by skipping around and not including her own responses, she is making false or misleading statements about someone else.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Yup. You got it.

When Carole says that she didn't know lavender could be in food (even if she's named a dessert in the past that she liked that had lavender in it), she isn't making a false or misleading statement about someone else.

When Bethenny reads off old texts from someone, making implications that they're recent by skipping around and not including her own responses, she is making false or misleading statements about someone else.

Purposely making a false or misleading statement is telling a lie. Doesn't really matter if you're telling a lie about someone or something.

Different degrees and types of lies, for sure. Some lies will spare someone's feelings and others will get you put in jail.

Carole lies to make herself look better, cuter, cooler. And dumber. (Which I just don't get)

Bethenny lies to make others look bad.

All of them lie. But usually it's only Sonja who gets called out for it.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ryebread said:

Purposely making a false or misleading statement is telling a lie. Doesn't really matter if you're telling a lie about someone or something.

Different degrees and types of lies, for sure. Some lies will spare someone's feelings and others will get you put in jail.

Carole lies to make herself look better, cuter, cooler. And dumber. (Which I just don't get)

Bethenny lies to make others look bad.

All of them lie. But usually it's only Sonja who gets called out for it.  

But it goes back to one’s view of it:

I really do believe that Carole is making dry jokes, mainly at her expense.

Bethenny is making statements to make others look bad or stupid.

And Sonja, well, she likely gets called on it the most because it’s still in people’s memories how she tried to defraud by breaking that production deal. She was sued for millions but chooses to still run around like she’s part of some rarefied world while living in a crumbling townhouse.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

But it goes back to one’s view of it:

I really do believe that Carole is making dry jokes, mainly at her exspense.

Bethenny is making statements to make others look bad or stupid.

Agree about Bethenny but I can't recall Carole ever really making fun of herself. She makes fun of others and even lies but never rags on herself.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Agree about Bethenny but I can't recall Carole ever really making fun of herself. She makes fun of others and even lies but never rags on herself.

I think we're going in circles at this point lol.

To me, the pink cigarettes thing with Aviva was Carole being poking fun at the fact that she was smoking. The lavender moment and the dim sum moment were Carole not taking herself seriously and playing at "Oh, gosh I didn't know this thing." I don't think Carole has to go around saying, "I'm such a moron!" for it to mean she makes jokes at her expense.

(Oy. I just noticed my glaring typo in "expense" in the previous post.)

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

To me, the pink cigarettes thing with Aviva was Carole being poking fun at the fact that she was smoking. The lavender moment and the dim sum moment were Carole not taking herself seriously and playing at "Oh, gosh I didn't know this thing." I don't think Carole has to go around saying, "I'm such a moron!" for it to mean she makes jokes at her expense.

LOL! Have you been drinking mimosas with Dorinda? You're slurring when you type.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

LOL! Have you been drinking mimosas with Dorinda? You're slurring when you type.

Ha! That's my "Dorinda a couple drinks in" version of typing. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I never brought up the pink cigs or the lavender

11 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I never brought up the pink cigs or the lavender

I know. I brought them up as examples because they were what I was talking about previously when I mentioned Carole's humor.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I think the circles are in the rearview mirror, lol.

Proofreading is an art for which I have no talent.

• Love 2

Yeah, so much for her being a boring non-factor.

No, she's called a liar because she tells lies.

• Love 5
On 8/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly, Carole will side with Scott. She will not want to deal with Tinsley's psycho

This last episode, where Carole brought up Tinsley's past abusive relationship tells me what she really thinks of Tinsley. No friend would humiliate another like that.

I personally think Carole had her nose bent out of shape because she showed up Carole (and oncidently all of the other women) as being both better under pressure and a more sophisticated traveler. 

For me personally, I would have been freaked out by the smoke, but I spent a lot of time as a kid on sailboats or small motor boats, and what we saw, would have scared me, but not more than being in the middle of a military conflict (I'm a former squid) like Carole said.

Miss Sparkle showed up Carole and she just had to take her down a peg.

• Love 15