Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm sorry, but I'm NEVER EVER going to listen to Michael Rapaport's opinion on anything. He compared Kenya Moore to an ape. An ape. In 2018. He harassed an ex and she had to get a restraining order. He also has a very long record of tweeting shitty things to people of color, particularly women. To paraphrase Bethenny, he's a consolation prize. A not so stealth bigot thinks Carole sucks, applause? He's a bigot and an asshole. The fuq do I care what he thinks. The fact that he doesn't like Carole should be a badge of honor for her.

I’m glad you articulated why, exactly, Michael Rapaport can kick rocks. His opinion isn’t worth the gum I hope gets stuck to the bottom of his shoe while walking around NYC.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, film noire said:

Because -- to me --  it's not about Bethenny, it's about Carole's relationship with Dennis.

<snip>

I wouldn't post a party-on photo of myself a few hours after that person died (as if the death of a man I drank and laughed with wasn't gonna ruin my good time). Instead, I'd make the grand sacrifice of waiting a whole 24 hours to post it. 

Common sense + common courtesy = basic humanity

15 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Honestly, I wouldn't even have had to think about what was proper or not proper in that situation. If someone I knew well enough to travel with and hang out with died unexpectedly I just wouldn't even be in the mood to post a yay us! happy! post that day. I would be pretty sad.

Right?

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

My feet and back won’t hurt. I discovered this brand when I was nursing ages ago and won’t give them up.

Brand, please?  I wear sneakers with some skirts and dresses but mine have zero support or arch.

10 hours ago, AnnA said:

Maybe but I think it's too early to tell.   We'll have to see what she does.

From the pic posted above, looks like she's going to relax about the way she looks.  She's already laid off the fillers, or she's between appointments. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Not at all. But it does say something about her that she's wanting to be done, and is above it and wants to portray herself as the calm, cool one casually observing... but still keeps poking the bear by posting nasty and bitter little tweets complaining about the show and frenemy Bethenny. 

If she really was over it, she'd let it go. And honestly, if she didn't want the attention, she'd stop posting about Bethenny.

Exactly!  If leaving the HWs was such a good thing for her to do, she'd be able to let go and move on.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
On 8/12/2018 at 3:51 AM, diadochokinesis said:

Here has been my experience: those that have served (husband is Army) tend to not brag about it or talk about how dangerous it is unless they were a fobbit.  Those that have been off and been in truly dangerous situations tend to keep quiet about it (unless they are around a bunch of other soldiers telling stories and trying to one-up each other and then all bets are off). So, when Carole keeps bringing it up, I kind of discount her experience.  I figure she was probably in Kabul and occasionally went onto the base but mainly stayed at a hotel and met with government officials at their office. 

I used to really like Carole.  Not so much anymore. 

I want to give thanks for anyone who served, no matter in what capacity. Every job is important, period. 

I agree that most don't brag about what they did. My husband was a Marine, Force Recon in Vietnam. I know the things he had to do were horrible, but had to be done. He would rarely talk about it except to other veterans. I am glad Carole had that experience, but I wish she wouldn't brag about it. Or, when she did a big, old , Marine would be within earshot. That would be a show to watch. 

• Love 15
On 8/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, KungFuBunny said:

KFB exclusive sneak peek of Carole in her reunion ensemble

Here Carole answers a question from the audience over her use of injectibles.

Carole says she does not use any botox or fillers. She proves she can move her features and make facial expressions

FavorableQuarrelsomeCricket-size_restric

Carole still refuses to give up those feathers.

Have I told you lately that I love you??

• Love 7

Without her conflict with a Bethenny, she’s irrelevant. Is that it? The thought just occurred to me; she’s got nothing else of substance to write about, just friends & get-togethers like the rest of us. 

No, she's still the widowed princess, surrounded by the tragic deaths of her husband the prince to a kingdom that no longer exists, and the friends who were America's dream of Camelot reborn, dead before any of our dreams came true for that hallowed generation. 

<wipes away a tear>

But at last check, I thought Carole didn't really want her life to go down as the sole survivor left behind in the ashes of the ruined dream of America's Camelot, so she really can't be too crassly commercial about exploiting it. (and with rare exceptions like the psychics, I do think she's walked thru that minefield rather well)

But unless you're a Kennedy fan or a historian, there's only so much Carole can mine from this. So yeah, without that, what is Carole but a relatively wealthy rich woman living in NYC?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm sorry, but I'm NEVER EVER going to listen to Michael Rapaport's opinion on anything. He compared Kenya Moore to an ape. An ape. In 2018. He harassed an ex and she had to get a restraining order. He also has a very long record of tweeting shitty things to people of color, particularly women. To paraphrase Bethenny, he's a consolation prize. A not so stealth bigot thinks Carole sucks, applause? He's a bigot and an asshole. The fuq do I care what he thinks. The fact that he doesn't like Carole should be a badge of honor for her.

Didn’t know all that about Rapaport & had no real opinion on him when I wrote it — it just seemed significant that yet another celebrity Housewives “super fan” toed the anti-Carole line. 

That said, the one time I’ve seen him on tv other than WWHL, he basically played the same guy he is on there, on The Big Bang Theory. And anybody who harasses others doesn’t merit my admiration — but then he never has had it. It could’ve been any other celeb “super fan” & I’d have had the same Q.

But I’m repeating myself. Thank you for the info, also! 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ryebread said:

Brand, please?  I wear sneakers with some skirts and dresses but mine have zero support or arch.

From the pic posted above, looks like she's going to relax about the way she looks.  She's already laid off the fillers, or she's between appointments. 

@ryebread, I’m not the OP but I’ve been very well pleased with Dansko footwear for support. The ones I have are Mary Janes, though. For an Oxford, tie-up style more similar to a sneaker style, I’ve been well pleased with Keens.  Pricey but worth it. 

• Love 4

Carol vaguebooking for attention on her Instagram story is gross.  Is Bethenny getting too much attention? "Sending love to everyone trying to heal from things they don't discuss." Oh please Carole.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carol vaguebooking for attention on her Instagram story is gross.  Is Bethenny getting too much attention? "Sending love to everyone trying to heal from things they don't discuss." Oh please Carole.

Seriously - she said that? I knew there was a good reason I unfollowed Carole... She could have just ended it with the word "heal" - and left out the "from things they don't discuss" - she's a pill. A bitter pill. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Seriously - she said that? I knew there was a good reason I unfollowed Carole... She could have just ended it with the word "heal" - and left out the "from things they don't discuss" - she's a pill. A bitter pill. 

But wait. It gets worse. She reposted it from someone else, so it's not an original thought and because it's a repost she can pretend it's not about herself if called out about her lame drama.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

xx

Add one more x and now we've really got a photo album!

(No, don't get up; I know where the door is. ;)

42 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Vaguebooking! That is awesome!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

Add one more x and now we've really got a photo album!

(No, don't get up; I know where the door is. ;)

Vaguebooking! That is awesome!

I'd love to take credit for it, but it's a phrase coined a while back for people who post cryptic woe is me things on Facebook.

Carole just pulled that into Instagram. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6061113/Carole-Radziwill-interested-joining-View-leaving-Real-Housewives.html

I have had so much trouble reading DMUK for about six months with the wonky video/ad, but I came across this when scrolling. 

eta I love the outfit she is wearing, jeans/belt/polka dot flowy blouse. Hate the shoes/toes peeking out. She looks good there, to me.

I don't like her pose, but when she doesn't look like she's trying too hard, I like how she looks in clothes.

So she's "begging" for a job on The View, huh? I guess I could see it. Since she'd have to actually work, I'm kind of skeptical that she wants it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Cheese and rice.  Smh.

Carole on The View? It's kind of a perfect match.

The programs that are either very far left, or very far right, to me, are completely filled with little balls of hate. Life is too short.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Interesting. It was a repost from her friend Cassandra Grey. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Interesting. It was a repost from her friend Cassandra Grey. 

It's only 10 a.m. here, and I'm already worn out from trying to decipher the meanings of these women's social media posts. LOL.

• Love 5

Did she delete it? I don't follow her anymore, but went to look and didn't see it. The last thing I see is a post about an Emilio from an Italian restaurant and how he "knows where all the bodies are buried".  And, as an Italian, fuck off Carole.

• Love 8
On 8/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, Midnight Cheese said:

How would an option work in publishing?   Is Carole getting paid for another party snagging The Widow’s Guide, is that only potential cash, or is it kind of just a fantasy now, best as one can guess?  Mondrianyone, would you be able to tell us?

I'm reading backwards trying to catch up, and I'm just now seeing this.  Did something of Carole's get optioned?  For film, TV?  The work I do isn't related to rights, but I know a little bit from friends who've had their books optioned.  I'll keep reading backwards to see what this refers to!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm reading backwards trying to catch up, and I'm just now seeing this.  Did something of Carole's get optioned?  For film, TV?  The work I do isn't related to rights, but I know a little bit from friends who've had their books optioned.  I'll keep reading backwards to see what this refers to!

Carole met for lunch with Dorinda and told her that she had just come from a meeting with her agent. She shared that her novel might be optioned again and that's why they were meeting.

• Love 3
On 8/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, AnnA said:

.    I've always been a Bethenny fan so even though Carole didn't interest me, I accepted her as Bethenny's friend.  That changed this season.   I went from neutral to dislike and now I can't wait for that smug bitch to be gone.

Right there with ya.  Carole didn't have any interesting story lines on her own so she was boring yet didn't bug me.  She was like a back up singer. Now?  Ready for her exit.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

On the last episode, she told Dorinda that Widow's Guide had been optioned, and was being considered for a TV show of some sort, then mentioned something like "it's happened before", I gathered it fizzled out before.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
On 8/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, lunastartron said:

This is just part and parcel of the fundamental character that Carole has repeatedly revealed over the past several years. After exclaiming “it’s hard to watch her eat” and “I don’t know about eating disorders but I know about denial” in front of a recovering anorexic who had just publicly held herself accountable for a recent relapse as well as sneering on national television that an acquaintance is “sweaty and misshapen,” what’s another sick remark invoking the horrific, near-fatal abuse that an ostensible friend was lucky to survive? 

Apparently, Carole was also leveraging the deaths of her husband, John, and Carolyn to take digs at Bethenny on social media prior to the news breaking about Dennis. 

She really is a moral pervert. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2018/08/10/carole-is-still-tweeting-out-bitter-tweets-about-bethenny/

I really don't like the assumption that anyone's grief is worse than someone else's.  People handle stuff differently and Carole thinking she has grieved harder and worse than others (or Dorinda) is really short sighted (and from where I am, she is a rich white girl as well).  Sure sometimes I will think get over it when someone is going through the equivalent of a hangnail (hyperbole) but then I have to tell myself to shut up because who am I to rate their grief?  Thing is I don't tweet about it and have a ton of followers.  She needs to find a hobby (JOKE!) that doesn't include mean tweeting Bethenny.  THAT said, I do think BOTH B and C didn't treat Jules very nicely and didn't need to make her eating disorder about them and how uncomfortable that made them feel.  If they felt the need to say something it is a discussion best held one on one.

• Love 6
On 8/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, Anne Thrax said:

I was noticing Carole's current shorter hairstyle on the last ep and couldn't believe how prim school-marmy she looks in it.  The mousy color and thin bangs -- after seeing this new style, I can't believe she would leave the salon looking like that.  Plus, it has to be the kiss of death in terms of Adam ever wanting to bang her again.

The style ages her YEARS!  Not something anyone of a certain age wants.  Next thing you know she will be wearing a shampoo set (for you youngin's it is where a woman goes to a salon once a week or every two weeks and gets it washed and set on rollers and then brushed out to a helmet head, similar to M'Lynn in Steele Magnolia's).

On 8/10/2018 at 8:45 PM, AnnA said:

Taking down a tweet doesn't mean it's gone.....

.....the Internet is forever

image.png

To be specific, she may have buried a husband but I am pretty sure she didn't arrange John John and Carolyn's funerals.  If writer girl wants to be accurate, she buried a husband and lost 2 friends.  And yes it's a lot so I am not minimizing it but THIS sort of wording would have gotten B in the doghouse for making their deaths all about how it impacted her.  

• Love 10
On 8/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, Mozelle said:

It's clear that Carole is happy that she left, too. It's as though a weight has been lifted.

Carole finally recognized the toxic being that is Bethenny and extricated herself from the situation - wise move. She can still hang with those cast members who are healthy and fun - if any of them can fit that description, lol.

• Love 7
On 8/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, ryebread said:

On 8/12/2018 at 11:49 PM, AnnA said:

Reebok’s. Classic white. I nursed in them for 30+ years and never had a backache or have had my feet hurt. Worked a 10 hr day. 

P.S. Sorry it took so long to reply but I’m on vacation. 

On 8/13/2018 at 7:43 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

@ryebread, I’m not the OP but I’ve been very well pleased with Dansko footwear for support. The ones I have are Mary Janes, though. For an Oxford, tie-up style more similar to a sneaker style, I’ve been well pleased with Keens.  Pricey but worth it. 

My daughter is a teacher and she loves Dansko. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
On 8/12/2018 at 9:29 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Oh I do agree. I certainly still wish that she’d kept it classy overall and simply chose to ignore Bethenny and all her quirks. It takes great strength and character to rise above mud-slinging without wrestling in it yourself; even though I side with her overall, I’m still rather disappointed in Carole for those nasty tweets. 

I think fan response going more in Beth’s favor and general bitterness about the whole experience got the best of her though. I’ll bet she really thought more folks would side with her, not Bethenny, so now she’s likely just defending her stance and is obviously sick of having to constantly be the “bigger” person at this point. She’s obviously all out of fucks now.

But I still maintain that she shouldn’t be expected to post sympathy tweets and curtail her own SM posts just because her ex-friend is going through a loss. She’s no longer a friend, therefore she’s no longer under any expectation to acknowledge Bethenny’s losses or accomplishments.

No she is not under any obligation but I do find it cold.  I have had breakups with friends but if their SO died that they loved and their child loved, I would reach out personally.  Not because we are good friends still but because of the shared history (I mean even B had moments with Jill after Bobby died and they had an actual tangible reason to break up, no one knows really what happened with B and C).  Carole knew Dennis and traveled with he and B.  She may have privately reached out to B and I hope so.  It's what non assholes do.

• Love 14
On 8/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, Otherkate said:

Honestly, I wouldn't even have had to think about what was proper or not proper in that situation. If someone I knew well enough to travel with and hang out with died unexpectedly I just wouldn't even be in the mood to post a yay us! happy! post that day. I would be pretty sad.

I would as well.  I just had an old friend die in a hiking accident that I hadn't seen since 1986 and we had a very bad falling out.  We reconnected in 2015 but still hadn't seen each other.  Her death is very hard for me right now which kinda surprises me.  Maybe Carole just has closed herself off from ever feeling this sort of sadness again.  If I had vacayed with someone and they were close with an old friend I would feel it.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't like her pose, but when she doesn't look like she's trying too hard, I like how she looks in clothes.

So she's "begging" for a job on The View, huh? I guess I could see it. Since she'd have to actually work, I'm kind of skeptical that she wants it.

I don't want her on The View.  AT. ALL.  She isn't interesting enough and while politically I may agree with her a lot of the time, I feel there are better, more interesting, more informed people out there deserving of the position.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Carole met for lunch with Dorinda and told her that she had just come from a meeting with her agent. She shared that her novel might be optioned again and that's why they were meeting.

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

On the last episode, she told Dorinda that Widow's Guide had been optioned, and was being considered for a TV show of some sort, then mentioned something like "it's happened before", I gathered it fizzled out before.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

My understanding is that something like 90% of books/articles/whatever that are optioned for film and TV never actually get made.  An option is sort of like putting a hold on a book (let's just say book, to simplify things) so that whoever buys the option locks out anyone else from being able to make the TV show, if that's what this is about.  They settle on a figure for the rights, then pay a fairly small percentage of that figure to lock in their option to purchase the filming rights.  And then there are dates decided on to renew the option or to actually proceed with the project--assuming that whoever bought the option can find funding, get a studio to sign on, get a bankable star--and if nothing happens by those dates, the option will usually be dropped.  But it can be more complicated, depending on what the terms of her book contract were--i.e., sometimes the publisher will claim all or part of the film/TV rights, so even if the option turns into a show, she might get only part or nothing of the rights fee.  And unless the book in question was a major bestseller, the initial option payment tends to be a pretty insignificant amount of money, relatively speaking.  Nothing close to the high-six-figures deals of the past.

Didn't someone here say that she'd been dropped by her agent?  (Not surprised if she was, given her nonexistent output and her amazement at the idea that deadlines are . . . you know, actual things.)  So I wonder who'd be negotiating this option deal.

Edited by Mondrianyone
to fix half-dashed punctuation
  • Love 6
On August 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM, breezy424 said:

Just wondering but how many vacations did Carole go on that included Dennis?  I'm thinking two.  One in the Bahamas and one in Florida?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Beth and Dennis have been on and off during their 'relationship'.  So how well did Carole actually know Dennis? 

I remember a scene when B first started dating him and she was on a bed talking to Carol and she said Dennis wanted to marrying her. Carol was praising him how he was everything .  B seemed open to it .  I remember being shocked as the Jason drama was no place close to the end . 

Oh god, if true. I thought Carole was interested in getting back into actual journalism, not something like The View. 

I don't watch The View but obviously know what it is and see clips once in a while. Carole's behavior on Twitter post-election turned out to be good insight into how she handles things not going the way she thought they should go and it's why I unfollowed her on Twitter. And Carole and I are very much on the same side. I have no interest in her representing my "view" on that show. 

• Love 10
On 8/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I don't own any Danskos, but Keens get big thumbs up in this family. I got my first pair years ago and my husband used to rib me about how ugly they were. But I got him a pair for a walking vacation and he's been hooked ever since. They are pricey but they last forever and are comfortable right out of the box. I can't imagine wearing them with a dress though. I have golf skorts that look cute with them. My black Keen knee boots, my husband calls my "Santa Boots".  They are kind of ugly but they were on clearance and are so comfortable. Comfort before beauty, I always say. And bonus if that comfort comes at a reduced price!

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Reebok’s. Classic white. I nursed in them for 30+ years and never had a backache or have had my feet hurt. Worked a 10 hr day. 

Thank you. I have classic Keds white sneakers and after a short time my feet hurt. I like white sneaks with skinny jeans, shorts and some casual dresses. But I need more support. I will take a look at the Reeboks. My Kohl's carries a lot of Reebok.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Otherkate said:

The last thing I see is a post about an Emilio from an Italian restaurant and how he "knows where all the bodies are buried".  

You left out "and he ain't telling...."  OMERTA!

And, as an Italian, fuck off Carole.

I"m sorry, OtherKate, but the proper radzilabel you should be using is Modern Roman Northern Usaian.

6 hours ago, ryebread said:

It's only 10 a.m. here, and I'm already worn out from trying to decipher the meanings of these women's social media posts. 

Social media + mysterious messages, elusive sayings. wise words....

It's the I caChing!

i ching.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

To be specific, she may have buried a husband but I am pretty sure she didn't arrange John John and Carolyn's funerals.  If writer girl wants to be accurate, she buried a husband and lost 2 friends.  And yes it's a lot so I am not minimizing it but THIS sort of wording would have gotten B in the doghouse for making their deaths all about how it impacted her.  

Carole may boast about being a wordsmith but she falls short.    Technically, she didn't "bury" any of them.   Anthony was cremated and some of his ashes still reside in an urn in her apartment.     John and Carolyn were laid to rest at sea. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, film noire said:

You left out "and he ain't telling...."  OMERTA!

I"m sorry, OtherKate, but the proper label you should be using is Modern Roman Northern Usaian.

Social media + mysterious messages, elusive sayings. wise words....

It's the I caChing!

i ching.jpg

Someone gave me my first (and only) I Ching book in 1973. 

Perhaps if one of these housewives had thrown one they’d have more insight and less trouble...nah...they thrive on alcohol, troubles and chaos. Wouldn’t want to take their JuJu away. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I don't own any Danskos, but Keens get big thumbs up in this family. I got my first pair years ago and my husband used to rib me about how ugly they were. But I got him a pair for a walking vacation and he's been hooked ever since. They are pricey but they last forever and are comfortable right out of the box. I can't imagine wearing them with a dress though. I have golf skorts that look cute with them. My black Keen knee boots, my husband calls my "Santa Boots".  They are kind of ugly but they were on clearance and are so comfortable. Comfort before beauty, I always say. And bonus if that comfort comes at a reduced price!

Thank you. I have classic Keds white sneakers and after a short time my feet hurt. I like white sneaks with skinny jeans, shorts and some casual dresses. But I need more support. I will take a look at the Reeboks. My Kohl's carries a lot of Reebok.

I got some Dansko clogs last year when I started having some foot issues.  I LOVE them.  They aren't the prettiest pair of shoes I have but who cares!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

“It might be optioned again...” was code for I told my agent to put it out there to see if anyone bit. “Might” that means nothing.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, bagger said:

“It might be optioned again...” was code for I told my agent to put it out there to see if anyone bit. “Might” that means nothing.

It did so poorly in sales, I don't see it being picked up. It's pretty funny Bethenny's I Suck at Relationships book ranks higher than Widow's Guide.

And note she said agent not publisher - so her publishers opted OUT.

Even Bravo didn't bite, they did a Girlfriends Guide to Divorce.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It did so poorly in sales, I don't see it being picked up. It's pretty funny Bethenny's I Suck at Relationships book ranks higher than Widow's Guide.

And note she said agent not publisher - so her publishers opted OUT.

Even Bravo didn't bite, they did a Girlfriends Guide to Divorce.

I was just coming back to add the Girlfriends Guide. Thank you!

• Love 4