Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Jill had all sorts of directional issues with Andy and stayed on the show a full season after Bethenny left. 

Kelly had a raging break down and also stayed on the show a full season after Bethenny left and was a mess.

Heather may have had legal issues/may genuinely have left due to her kids/marriage. While she didn't get along with Bethenny, nothing really indicates she was fired on Bethenny's orders. 

Kristen who? I mean, was she even on the show enough to register?

And Carole has publicly said her boss is full of shit. I'm sure it felt great, but actions do have consequences. And I don't see Bethenny not wanting the fight storyline that Carole would have brought.

Jill had become "toxic" and giving her a chance to spread it around even more in Season 4 proved them wrong to even try having her back that one last season! She was Reality-TV poison who had nothing good to say about anything but to be phony! Her voice even got on my last nerve! No one was more FOS; even Lu who at least was an international character wasn't as bad! Jill was so full of herself she couldn't hear when she was being condescending and acting like a raving b!tch over every little thing! Kelly was a mental case also allowed to stay a season too long! Poor Kristen was just lost; never really learning how to play the game! I still laugh at how shocked and appalled she looked when Aviva threw her leg on the floor at that party! As for her mouthing off to Andy, "truth" is usually the best defense and we all know he's "FOS!" ;-)

• Love 2

Carole's first season her tagline was "I may be a Princess, but I'm not a drama queen" so yeah, she did throw her title around a bit. And she told Ramona she was a princess instead of the truth that  her fil abdicated his title decades before Anthony was even born so there was no more royal lineage, it stopped with him. The Duke of Windsor couldn't call himself a king anymore once he abdicated. I would love to see the peasants and mere mortals line up to welcome Princess Carole on her tour of Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk etc. Also, if their was a "true Radziwill princess" it would be Anthony's sister, who we never hear about, if, but there's not.  The closest she came to being true royalty (what a ridiculous thing anyway, no one is better than anyone because of their birth and claim to some idiotic made up title by people who think they are better) was being the Cruller Queen/Pastry Princess/ for Dunkin Donuts...oh how the mighty have fallen.

What would season 5 Carole say about this????? 

Carole+Radziwill+Real+Life+Princess+Caro

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Princess my ass.   Neither Kate Middleton or Meghan Markle are princesses and they're married to real princes.

But they are, by courtesy.  Kate is legally "The Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, and so on..."  and Meghan is legally "The Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex, etc, etc."  You can only put "Princess" in front of your first name in the UK if you are the daughter of the sovereign or a male-line granddaughter of a sovereign. 

However, the Radziwill family was of Polish decent, and their title came through the Holy Roman Empire, so the letters patent of the UK wouldn't really apply to Carole.  Regardless of what anyone can say about her, she really is- Her Serene Highness, Princess Anthony Radziwill.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Carole's first season her tagline was "I may be a Princess, but I'm not a drama queen" so yeah, she did throw her title around a bit. And she told Ramona she was a princess instead of the truth that  her fil abdicated his title decades before Anthony was even born so there was no more royal lineage, it stopped with him. The Duke of Windsor couldn't call himself a king anymore once he abdicated. I would love to see the peasants and mere mortals line up to welcome Princess Carole on her tour of Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk etc. Also, if their was a "true Radziwill princess" it would be Anthony's sister, who we never hear about, if, but there's not.  The closest she came to being true royalty (what a ridiculous thing anyway, no one is better than anyone because of their birth and claim to some idiotic made up title by people who think they are better) was being the Cruller Queen/Pastry Princess/ for Dunkin Donuts...oh how the mighty have fallen.

He didn't abdicate, he opted not to request to legally use it in the UK, doesn't make him less of a Prince.  Prince Philip signed away his rights to being Prince Philip of Greece & Denmark, The Duke of Windsor signed away his rights to be King.  Stas didn't sign away anything.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Like your Google mission,  I almost re-read What Remains,  because I initially read it when Carole was a new HW and I didn't have any strong feelings for her one way or the other. But now that I see her true colors, I think back to the bits and pieces that are hazy in my mind - like her grandmother teaching and encouraging her and her young cousins to shoplift. How she said that there wasn't a lot of passion in her marriage, not even that much in the time prior to the marriage. They just did it because it seemed like the right thing to do.  Or something like that. Just a lot of things that don't add up or stick out now, that would explain or back-up why she is the way she is.  I don't know if I ever will read it again. Like you, I am intrigued.  But I just don't know if I care that much anymore.

Someone in a review wrote that she didn't like Carole's treatment of Daryl Hannah's cats. Supposedly JFK Jr was watching them and Carole locked them up in a laundry room out of some weird misplaced loyalty to Carolyn. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I don't know what Season 5 Carole would say.

However, after this photo was taken Carole put down that box so they could harness her to pull the carriage.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she said "Neigh"

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 11
Just now, Fiero425 said:

as if she stabbed Bethenny in the back! It makes no sense; HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND! ;-)

IMO, she kind of did with her nasty re-tweets so soon after Dennis's death. Stabbed her, poured salt in the wound, and then acted proud about doing so.

If you see it differently, I'm not sure I can HELP YOU UNDERSTAND! because that's the way I strongly feel and you don't. And that's cool. ✌

• Love 17

She got a LOT of flack online about the horse drawn carriage thing. She should have known better about their mistreatment etc.

I don't see any royal receptions being held for Her Serene Highness blah blah blah in Poland or anywhere else, except my local Dunkin Donuts. I actually have second hand embarrassment for her for that, I mean the HAT alone......

• Love 15
Just now, ryebread said:

IMO, she kind of did with her nasty re-tweets so soon after Dennis's death. Stabbed her, poured salt in the wound, and then acted proud about doing so.

If you see it differently, I'm not sure I can HELP YOU UNDERSTAND! because that's the way I strongly feel and you don't. And that's cool. ✌

The animus was formed long ago; ages before Dennis was brought in to justify the attacks! This whole season centered on Bethenny and Carole's break; Carole going about her business and B thinking she had been left behind! Since I have Jill on the brain from earlier, Bethenny actually started to sound like her old BFF kvetchin' about that very thing about B being too busy for her! WOW, we've gone full circle so Bethenny looks even more pathetic now that I think about it! She has it all; fame, a successful business, a beautiful daughter, and adulation up the ying-yang and it appears she's the most bitter b!tch of the HW franchise! She truly is pathetic and I have nothing for her after that "richest homeless" crack! ;-(

• Love 3
Just now, Ki-in said:

She got a LOT of flack online about the horse drawn carriage thing. She should have known better about their mistreatment etc.

I don't see any royal receptions being held for Her Serene Highness blah blah blah in Poland or anywhere else, except my local Dunkin Donuts. I actually have second hand embarrassment for her for that, I mean the HAT alone......

Also, Carole went to ENGLAND to pick up Anthony's ashes - not Poland.

There's was nothing remotely ceremonial about the hand off.

I don't even remember Lee Radziwill ever claiming to be a Princess

If you look at those photos there are more pictures of a guy in a top Hat than Carole - pathetic Carole - I hope she sends herself 1000 nice Tweets

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, 918lux said:

He didn't abdicate, he opted not to request to legally use it in the UK, doesn't make him less of a Prince.  Prince Philip signed away his rights to being Prince Philip of Greece & Denmark, The Duke of Windsor signed away his rights to be King.  Stas didn't sign away anything.

No. But since Caroline wasn't born a Princess and he chose not to pursue his title. She was not a Princess.

God, she was bitchy about Lu being pretentious with her title when she claimed to be a "real princess" to a title her husband chose to let lie fallow. The Count used his. Radziwell didn't. So essentially, Caroline isn't even a Courtesy Princess.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Someone in a review wrote that she didn't like Carole's treatment of Daryl Hannah's cats. Supposedly JFK Jr was watching them and Carole locked them up in a laundry room out of some weird misplaced loyalty to Carolyn. 

LOL. And now, I will need to reserve a copy of What Remains at my library.

I asked, here, the other day if anyone remembered the shoplifting part because that is hazy to me. But the bit about the cats, I don't remember that at all. I'll read it again and pay attention this time as a final adieu/arrivederci/hasta la vista in her honor.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Also, Carole went to ENGLAND to pick up Anthony's ashes - not Poland.

There's was nothing remotely ceremonial about the hand off.

I don't even remember Lee Radziwill ever claiming to be a Princess

If you look at those photos there are more pictures of a guy in a top Hat than Carole - pathetic Carole - I hope she sends herself 1000 nice Tweets

I think Lee did try and use the title because she's pretentious. I'm currently reading "Life" by Keith Richards and he and most of the other Stones didn't care for her at all and felt she was some hanger on. Anyway he said they all called her Princess Radish behind her back.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I think Lee did try and use the title because she's pretentious. I'm currently reading "Life" by Keith Richards and he and most of the other Stones didn't care for her at all and felt she was some hanger on. Anyway he said they all called her Princess Radish behind her back.

Now that is a courtesy Carole could take...if only Adam would claim her

Bwahahahaha

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Sharonana said:

I don't get it either. I'm not that invested in these howives. It's just mindless entertainment, or as Carole said, "it's not that deep."

If I was any of these RHONY, I'd shut down my social media accounts. Dorinda can't even post a picture of a tree without getting torched.  Way too much negativity.

I don't have the time or energy to hate-tweet reality "stars". Or anyone really. I'd be lying tho if I didn't admit that I do sometimes get a kick out of tweeple going after someone's behavior (not the malicious comments, but the ones who will "call them out" so to speak. Such is the case of this latest Carole shading Bethenny (indirectly) tweet.)  I mean, I admit being amused by Dorinda's "clip clip clip" scene last season (was it last season) with Sonja - however in hindsight seeing how even uglier Dorinda has gotten, I no longer find it amusing... Other than commenting here on PTV, or live tweeting during a show, I don't give the HW's any thought. It is my mindless entertainment as you mentioned. My cotton candy nonsense... LOL :) 

Edited by BodhiGurl
typo. ugh. and another one...
  • Love 6

The Polish Royal Family was dissolved (or abolished, not 100% sure of the right term) in 1918, so Anthony's father didn't really have a claim to the title of Prince.  He was technically born a prince, but then had no kindgom to rule, because there was no longer a monarchy.  The same thing happened with Prince Philip and Greece, I believe.  When Stas became a British citizen, he would have had to have permission to legally use the royal title and he didn't get it, though he did continue to use it informally.  It doesn't seem like Anthony ever used the title, more that it was something mentioned in conjunction with him in articles, kind of the way superlatives about Camelot or being America's Dynasty or Royalty get thrown into mentions about JFK Jr or other Kennedy articles.  So, I kind of get it being mentioned as a weird "fun fact" in connection with Carole, the same way you might drop that you learned you were 3rd cousins with I don't know, John Lennon, or someone, or went to high school with someone who became super famous, but, not to use it or say it in a way that makes it seem like you have some sort of status or that it got you anywhere.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No. But since Caroline wasn't born a Princess and he chose not to pursue his title. She was not a Princess.

God, she was bitchy about Lu being pretentious with her title when she claimed to be a "real princess" to a title her husband chose to let lie fallow. The Count used his. Radziwell didn't. So essentially, Caroline isn't even a Courtesy Princess.

Just because someone doesn't choose to use their title, doesn't mean the title doesn't exist.  He couldn't renounce his title, there is no mechanism to do so.  The title came from the Holy Roman Empire, so in theory, one could argue that the title ceased to exist when then empire no longer existed in 1806.  Much like one could claim that the title of Count de Lesseps no longer existed once France became a republic.  I suppose there could be a strong argument that no one's title is "real" unless the country where said title was issued still acknowledges their nobility and monarchy.

Carole was pretty clear in several interviews that she wasn't happy about the tag line they wanted her to use: I may be a Princess, but I'm not a drama queen.  She also mentioned that she wasn't happy about having to mention the Kennedy connection.  However, we also know that she said when asked why she did the show she said something like: Being a best selling author gets you the best table in the restaurant, it doesn't pick up the check.  So we can assume she did the show for the money and mentioned the title and the Kennedys for the paycheck.  Personally, I don't see her as someone who milks the "Princess" title in the same way that Luann milks the "Countess" title.

• Love 4

Everything I said is factual. Radziwell chose not to use his title, Caroline was not born a princess. It is only recognized as a Courtesy title, and Caroline was happy to use it to belittle Luanne. Also, if she didn't want to use the princess tagline, the solution was simple. Not to say it while mic'd up giving tag lines. It's a pretty simple solution. Protesting it later gives her the moral high ground, while still getting it out there. Caroline, playing mind games from day one.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Everything I said is factual. Radziwell chose not to use his title, Caroline was not born a princess. It is only recognized as a Courtesy title, and Caroline was happy to use it to belittle Luanne. Also, if she didn't want to use the princess tagline, the solution was simple. Not to say it while mic'd up giving tag lines. It's a pretty simple solution. Protesting it later gives her the moral high ground, while still getting it out there. Caroline, playing mind games from day one.

But who is Caroline? I assume you mean Carole.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Ramona looks so much younger than Carole here. Ramona won the lottery with her genes. 

Carol looks like she could use a laser resurfacing.

She could go to Ramona's doctor.  She does some treatments on her fact IIRC.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, 918lux said:

Just because someone doesn't choose to use their title, doesn't mean the title doesn't exist.  He couldn't renounce his title, there is no mechanism to do so. 

I'm not trying to be facetious, but, how is this the case?  Prince Philip had to renounce his Greek title (which was basically already vacated because there really wasn't a Greek monarchy at the time), when he married the then Princess Elizabeth.  

Editing to add, of course, the more obvious example would be Queen Elizabeth's uncle, who abdicated and renounced the throne to marry Wallis Simpson.  

Edited by smores
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, 918lux said:

But who is Caroline? I assume you mean Carole.

So does my typo invalidate what I said? Of course it doesn't. Thanks for the heads up though.

Carole uses the Princess title to prop up her sense of self. It's cool. I'd do it. The problem is that she isn't a "real" princess like she sneared at Lu, but just another pretentious and hypocritical twit, like Lu.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm not trying to be facetious, but, how is this the case?  Prince Philip had to renounce his Greek title (which was basically already vacated because there really wasn't a Greek monarchy at the time), when he married the then Princess Elizabeth.  

At the time, there was a Greek monarchy (the monarchy and the military dictatorship was on and off through the early 70s).  He was also a Prince of Denmark, and member of several German houses.  He not only renounced his rights to the thrones of Greece and Denmark, but also his membership in those royal German houses and took the surname "Mountbatten".

• Love 1

tumblr_onur9uhDyw1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

The only thing a "royal title" does is tell the person you are beneath them and and they are above and therefore better than you. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Like others I just have no idea where this "HATE" is coming from for CAROLE as if she stabbed Bethenny in the back! It makes no sense; HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND! ;-)

I don't even want to understand. It's just a TV show with people we don't even know.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Then Adam said "Get off my jock!".

A prezzy for WQ

Carole is hard of hearing. When Adam said above, MeeMaw thought he said Jack Me Off to which Carole excitedly said:

CoarseBaggyKawala-size_restricted.gif

To which Sexy Salad shook his head so violently that his Man Bun unraveled

noooooo-gif-8-1.gif

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'll say it again.............  Princess my ass!

Heck, I consider myself more of a princess than Carole, since I am married to a prince of a man who treats me like a princess. 

Carole has on again off again Coffee Mate Adam. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Heck, I consider myself more of a princess than Carole, since I am married to a prince of a man who treats me like a princess. 

That is so sweet Princess USERNAMEFATIGUE!  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Tea Balling Reluctant Vegan

• Love 5

It's impossible to be a member of something that does not exist, whether it be a book club, a country club or a monarchy. And let's not forget that Carole like many of us lives in and is a citizen of the United States of America. There are no royal titles in the USA. 

Don't forget Part II of the reunion is on at 8pm eastern time tonight

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Upon becoming a British subject and in keeping with standard practice, Radziwiłł would have needed permission to use his princely title from Queen Elizabeth II,[3] but did not receive special dispensation and was known in Britain as Mr. Radziwiłł legally and as Prince Radziwiłł by courtesy.

Carole is also the one who called herself a Princess - sounds like she has more in common with Luann than she thinks. At least Luann "branded" herself and has said it is a "courtesy title"

I remember in one of her earlier seasons, she told Ramona she was a REAL princess

Yep, her first season tagline was, “I may be a princess, but I’m not a drama queen.” Weasel word it, Carole. Good journalist. (Not.)

I’ve been researching Anthony and came across one source that said he declined to use any princely title (IIRC, it’s been at least an hour since I read it.  Heh).

I’m still mostly fascinated by how C was able to quit her career at such a young age, after A passed, and go live in the West and write and continue to live amidst the rarefied community of celebs & executives.  I know it’s been discussed before, but either Anthony and / or his mom had / have money even after his mom burned thru his dad’s inheritance and left his dad in ridiculously deep debt, or Aunt Jacqueline came thru with funds or, A & C invested their ABC News, etc., earnings very wisely. Or Grandma DiFalco’s weed business took off and C didn’t mention it in WR.

I guess  I dunno! Anybody know, other than C?

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

And I just spit tea!  HILARIOUS!

Sowwwy!

I'm sending you E-wipes

200.gif

1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Yep, her first season tagline was, “I may be a princess, but I’m not a drama queen.” Weasel word it, Carole. Good journalist. (Not.)

I’ve been researching Anthony and came across one source that said he declined to use any princely title (IIRC, it’s been at least an hour since I read it.  Heh).

I’m still mostly fascinated by how C was able to quit her career at such a young age, after A passed, and go live in the West and write and continue to live amidst the rarefied community of celebs & executives.  I know it’s been discussed before, but either Anthony and / or his mom had / have money even after his mom burned thru his dad’s inheritance and left his dad in ridiculously deep debt, or Aunt Jacqueline came thru with funds or, A & C invested their ABC News, etc., earnings very wisely. Or Grandma DiFalco’s weed business took off and C didn’t mention it in WR.

tumblr_m6f38e2fte1rs6c7go1_500_zpsx9bjgp

Season 5 Episode 5. Carole tells Ramona she's a "princess"

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/videos/princess-carole

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I think it's also fair to point out that Carole really doesn't use the princess thing except here and there and generally in a pretty tongue & cheek way- it's not her whole identity.  In What Remains she even joked around that she had an invitation addressed to Prince & Princess Radziwill framed and hung it over her toilet.  On multiple occasions she's said it's silly to try to use it in the US because we don't have royalty.  

They definitely seemed to have some kind of additional income, even by the way they lived in the book- I'm pretty sure JKO left Anthony some money.  But she also mentioned how Ralph Lauren did their entire apartment as a gratis thing for letting the place be photographed for a magazine, so they also had a lot of nice stuff by way of trading on their name.  At one point they also sold one of JFK's rocking chairs to the second highest bidder when another one went on the auction block.

• Love 8

She's such a cold person and she said there was no passion in her marriage in her book? I wonder how long her marriage would have lasted.

I'm rewatching the last episode of the season and it can't be said enough, Carole switching places to ensure that Tinsley was next to Dorinda, after Carole encouraged her to tell Dorinda about Scott being invited, is messed up. Knowing Dorinda had been drinking, knowing how she gets, Carole set that entire thing in motion, f'ing over Lu and Dorinda at once and putting her "good" friend Tinsley in an uncomfortable position. As a Princess she certainly would have better manners. But she was getting more camera time. The only way this makes any sense is if she's trying to keep that apple. But she "quit." Riiiiiight.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jackie left him $500k.

Yep. I have read that it's the only money he got because his father died in major debt thanks to Lee's spending and Jackie felt bad that he had no inheritance.

Carole said that she sold their apartment shortly after Anthony died. She probably got a good chunk of money from that. Clearly wasn't enough to sustain her 20 years later, or prevent her from having to appear on a reality show. Carole herself has joked multiple times about the $50million net worth being a total fabrication and far from the truth. She even said that if she had that kind of money, she'd have a foundation and would be working to improve the world, not engaging in petty fights on Bravo.

As for her "princess" title, I think it's a bigger part of her identity than she cares to admit. It's probably at least part of the reason she never remarried. Can't be walking around as the new Mrs. Smith, (former) Princess of Poland, can she? She'd have to move on from her passionless fairytale.

I wonder if Carole will get a royal funeral when she dies.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Can't be walking around as the new Mrs. Smith,

But she doesn’t walk around like that now. Yes it was her first season tagline but she has never used it as a title.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

Yep. I have read that it's the only money he got because his father died in major debt thanks to Lee's spending and Jackie felt bad that he had no inheritance.

Carole said that she sold their apartment shortly after Anthony died. She probably got a good chunk of money from that. Clearly wasn't enough to sustain her 20 years later, or prevent her from having to appear on a reality show. Carole herself has joked multiple times about the $50million net worth being a total fabrication and far from the truth. She even said that if she had that kind of money, she'd have a foundation and would be working to improve the world, not engaging in petty fights on Bravo.

As for her "princess" title, I think it's a bigger part of her identity than she cares to admit. It's probably at least part of the reason she never remarried. Can't be walking around as the new Mrs. Smith, (former) Princess of Poland, can she? She'd have to move on from her passionless fairytale.

I wonder if Carole will get a royal funeral when she dies.

The thing is, I don't begrudge her this. She is self aware enough to know that trading on a "title" from her dead husband that he didn't use in life, is tacky and trying too hard. But she's a girl from the Midwest, it's cool. She does clearly try to control herself about it. But she doesn't totally. And then to make fun of Luanne for doing the same thing? At least Lu's husband used the title while they were married. He still does and she used hers while married. Luanne logically had more right to the title until she remarried.

She's such a huge hypocrite. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

94F45D3B-8F62-4865-89A8-1B5DE7B2F88B.jpeg

C71DA457-BCA9-4590-BC37-E6254F6244BB.jpeg

oh my. Carole needs to shush... just ignore the tweeps you don't agree with Carole... it's in your past...Let it go... let it go... 

who am I kidding, she's going to ride this train. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she tunes in next season as a viewer and live tweets during the episodes... lordt.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

The thing is, I don't begrudge her this. She is self aware enough to know that trading on a "title" from her dead husband that he didn't use in life, is tacky and trying too hard. But she's a girl from the Midwest, it's cool. She does clearly try to control herself about it. But she doesn't totally. And then to make fun of Luanne for doing the same thing? At least Lu's husband used the title while they were married. He still does and she used hers while married. Luanne logically had more right to the title until she remarried.

She's such a huge hypocrite. 

Precisely. She's wily enough not to go around calling herself "Princess Carole" but she will through creative avenues, make sure that you know about it. Then tries to get on her high horse over Luann.

• Love 7