Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There is no "royalty" in France, it was a title given to the family by the government of France. So the "Count's" title was worth about the same as the "Prince's" was. LOL

As for Carole's journalist career, she already had that when she met Anthony. 

That is not really how it works-the abolition was during the French Revolution since then nobility titles are still used.  Nobility and hereditary titles were abolished by the Revolutions of 1789 and 1848, but hereditary titles were restored by decree in 1852 and have not been abolished by any subsequent law. However, since 1875 the President of the Republic neither confers nor confirms French titles (specific foreign titles continued to be authorised for use in France by the office of the President as recently as 1961), but the French state still verifies them; civil courts can protect them; and criminal courts can prosecute their abuse.

Noel and his wife can be the next Count de lesseps and Countess de lesseps.

55 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

It always amuses me when she trots out that "princess" story, because it is complete bullshit.

Carole's father-in-law was the third son of an actual Prince of the Polish royal family. 

When WWII was starting, the Prince's parents fled Poland, and the royal family's reign was terminated.  Carole's father-in-law also left Poland and went hat in hand to Queen Elizabeth to ask if he could become a British citizen and live in the relative safety of England (this was before the air raids on London).  She said yes, and bestowed citizenship on him. 

When that happened, the Prince had to denounce his Polish citizenship, effectively abdicating his title, and forever giving up the right to call himself a Prince of Poland.

So then he asks the Queen (as protocol demands) for permission to still use the title Prince, but the word was: You left your title in Poland.  We're the royal family here, and we don't let others call themselves by royal titles.  You wanna be Prince, go back to Poland. 

So, Carole's father-in-law goes ahead and calls himself Prince anyway to all and sundry.  Tacky, right?  The Brits knew the difference, but in the US, his Prince of Poland bullshit was swallowed whole. 

Carole's American-born mother-in-law (Jackie Kennedy's little sister) was the Prince's third wife.  She was never given a title since the Polish royal family ceased to exist long before that time, but she pretended she was a princess anyway and folks here indulged her and her husband in their folly. 

Carole's husband himself was never entitled to call himself a Prince of Poland for the same reasons.  So I see where Carole gets it, but it's a real stretch for Carole to ever be representing herself as a Princess through her marriage to Anthony Radziwill.

At least Luann was married to an actual Count who had full rights to call himself that.

As for her extensive career as a journalist, that exists mostly in her mind as well.  She married the boss, who was the actual journalist of the two.  He (or his influence) was probably responsible for those plum assignments thrown her way because of who he was, and probably not because she was all that talented.  Which would explain why she never went any further with it after his death.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Carole loves to play the princess card and what a totally disrespectful thing to do the memory of her husband who refused to use it.

Neither Anthony nor Carole had  lengthy journalism careers.  Anthony's was obviously cut short by illness and death.  Anthony was and ABC sports guy initially, and was assigned the Mendez Brothers trial (in 1993) along with Carole-it is how they met, after Anthony moved over from ABC Sports in 1989.  The same year he was diagnosed with cancer.  He won a Peabody as part of the team that did the story on the neo-nazism in America.  He received another one for a story on cancer.   Anthony ended up at HBO as a VP of documentary productions in 1997.  Not sure how that worked out with his illness.  

Carole never really rose above associate producer and that was after giving it better than 10 years.  It still makes her a journalist.  It never made her all knowing over the 2016 elections.  

• Love 8

I'm digging that Carole's blogs are being called out for the trite, bullying, POS that they are.

Seasons ago when her blogs were often praised for their beautiful prose and meter, it was crazy- making to me because between the lines, I consistently saw this thread of retaliation and nastiness.  Granted, it was usually directed at Aviva so...

• Love 13
On 6/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, stewedsquash said:

I came across this when I was Binging about Adam and his meatballs (discussion in the episode thread).

http://www.bonberi.com/2016/09/04/in-the-kitchen-adam-kentworthy/

OMG.  I couldn't get past the first line.  I wanted to throat punch him. 

"LIVING IN NEW YORK, THERE IS SUCH GREAT FOOD, BUT THERE ARE NO CALI VIBES,” 

I heard him say that in that lazy, vocal fry voice and went, "Nope."

Just make me some yummy sexy salads, Adam.  Don't talk....shhhhh.

• Love 10

Carole has an article about her in Refinery 29. Could she come off as more vapid and shallow? And of course it's really just her talking about the same thing she always does, John John and Carolyn and her widowhood.

I have to live with beauty, even if I can’t afford it...my eye gets offended by things that I don’t feel are beautiful.” 

Her first assignment, which saw her covering landmines in Cambodia, required a certain look. “I remember thinking, ‘Ugh. I have to wear safari clothes.’  This is what she's thinking about? Seriously?

And reusing Bethenny's opener  “If you’re going to come for me, don’t miss.”

Also, her shot at Bethenny in her last blog was ridiculous with the "she only has one more child than I do"...WTF? That one child is all the difference in the world. Being responsible for a human child is a lot harder than co-parenting a dog. Sorry, I love pets but give me a break, it is no where near the responsibility. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I have to live with beauty, even if I can’t afford it...my eye gets offended by things that I don’t feel are beautiful.” 

I have to live with the RHoNY, because I can afford Bravo TV,  but your face offends MY eyes, Carole.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I have to live with the RHoNY, because I can afford Bravo TV,  but your face offends MY eyes, Carole.

Too funny but really...just her face? I sometimes get put off by the outfits which would be more suited to someone 25 years younger. RPF = resting pouty face

• Love 5
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Too funny but really...just her face? I sometimes get put off by the outfits which would be more suited to someone 25 years younger. RPF = resting pouty face

I'd bag on her "outfits" all the livelong day ...but "someone" might point out that I live in oversized Khol's clearance mens' tees ...  ;-)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Her first assignment, which saw her covering landmines in Cambodia, required a certain look. “I remember thinking, ‘Ugh. I have to wear safari clothes.’  This is what she's thinking about? Seriously

Based on pictures of her in the past this seems like revisionist history, she dressed quite grumpy back then.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ki-in said:

And reusing Bethenny's opener  “If you’re going to come for me, don’t miss.”

Who stole it from Omar from The Wire, which seems to be an interpretation of a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, which was “When you strike (at) a king you must kill him.” But as an FYI, if something seems like a catchphrase coming from Bethenny, not only is it probably not original to her, but a Black person either said it first or made it famous.

Bethenny's ability to jump onto a trend or catchphrase once it's beyond over is remarkable. It's like Dennis "The Beeper King" in 30 Rock. Hangin' with my snowmies! 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

not only is it probably not original to her, but a Black person either said it first or made it famous.

Basically. This is true for 99.9% of whatever words, phrases, or concepts that are popular at any given point in time.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Who stole it from Omar from The Wire, which seems to be an interpretation of a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, which was “When you strike (at) a king you must kill him.” But as an FYI, if something seems like a catchphrase coming from Bethenny, not only is it probably not original to her, but a Black person either said it first or made it famous.

Yep, very obvious where she stole it from.  She's so street, that Bethenny.  But also with the qualification that Omar was a fictitious character (sadly) and didn't write his own lines.  So the credit for Omar's version of the line goes to David Simon and the writing crew on The Wire.  Most of whom actually were white guys.  It gets complicated sometimes, doesn't it?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Yep, very obvious where she stole it from.  She's so street, that Bethenny.  But also with the qualification that Omar was a fictitious character (sadly) and didn't write his own lines.  So the credit for Omar's version of the line goes to David Simon and the writing crew on The Wire.  Most of whom actually were white guys.  It gets complicated sometimes, doesn't it?

Likely Ed Burns, Simon's writing partner and not the actor/writer/director married to Christy Turlington, or George Pelacanos.*

*Also how angry would you be if Ed Burns the actor was capable of The Wire when paired with David Simon, but gave us The Brothers McMullen and She's the One when left to his own devices, which while not terrible hardly reach the GOAT label that is often applied to The Wire? 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Likely Ed Burns, Simon's writing partner and not the actor/writer/director married to Christy Turlington, or George Pelacanos.*

*Also how angry would you be if Ed Burns the actor was capable of The Wire when paired with David Simon, but gave us The Brothers McMullen and She's the One when left to his own devices, which while not terrible hardly reach the GOAT label that is often applied to The Wire? 

Maybe because The Brothers McMullen and She's the One were when he was just starting out? We'll give him credit for being handsome having learned a few things along the way.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd bag on her "outfits" all the livelong day ...but "someone" might point out that I live in oversized Khol's clearance mens' tees ...  ;-)

lol,walnutqueen i will always love you!

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ki-in said:

ermahgerd that blog article was way too long. I didn't even try to read it - thx for some highlights - she's too much. All those vapid pictures of her and yet she calls out Bethenny in her blog for "being absurd" when BF called CR out for basically being vapid ("you're into your hair, clothes blah blah blah" - all TRUE - CR's insta has become way more vapid) - (which I still think it's absurd that CR points out that BF is the queen of selfies - I don't think BF was denying she does it, she was just pointing out how much more CR does it now....). Man that Refinery 29 blog was one long ego stroke for CR... blah. Who does she know over 'der - because honestly she's just not that interesting beyond her past... still pulling out the stories of being in 3rd world countries etc 20 years ago... kudos to her for back then - but what the what is going on now? And over on BF's insta, BF is promoting all the urgent need for help in Guatemala... 

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarity
  • Love 5
On 6/9/2018 at 10:17 PM, zoeysmom said:

That is not really how it works-the abolition was during the French Revolution since then nobility titles are still used.  Nobility and hereditary titles were abolished by the Revolutions of 1789 and 1848, but hereditary titles were restored by decree in 1852 and have not been abolished by any subsequent law. However, since 1875 the President of the Republic neither confers nor confirms French titles (specific foreign titles continued to be authorised for use in France by the office of the President as recently as 1961), but the French state still verifies them; civil courts can protect them; and criminal courts can prosecute their abuse.

Noel and his wife can be the next Count de lesseps and Countess de lesseps.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Carole loves to play the princess card and what a totally disrespectful thing to do the memory of her husband who refused to use it.

Neither Anthony nor Carole had  lengthy journalism careers.  Anthony's was obviously cut short by illness and death.  Anthony was and ABC sports guy initially, and was assigned the Mendez Brothers trial (in 1993) along with Carole-it is how they met, after Anthony moved over from ABC Sports in 1989.  The same year he was diagnosed with cancer.  He won a Peabody as part of the team that did the story on the neo-nazism in America.  He received another one for a story on cancer.   Anthony ended up at HBO as a VP of documentary productions in 1997.  Not sure how that worked out with his illness.  

Carole never really rose above associate producer and that was after giving it better than 10 years.  It still makes her a journalist.  It never made her all knowing over the 2016 elections.  

luann has always the title ends with her ex and noel can't inherit the title.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 9:17 PM, zoeysmom said:

8 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I feel Carole's true calling was the fashion world.   I believe she's passionate about politics but I think a big part of her time in journalism was the fast-paced lifestyle, traveling and hob-knobbing and such.  The Banana Republic digs sort of lock that one in.

I don't mind what she said about beauty.   I think she likely said it with design in mind and not anything much deeper than that.   Her ex is a good example.  He's not a model by any stretch, but I think part of what appeared to Carole was his hipster style and way of living. 

I have a love/hate with Carole.  Well, maybe it's more of a like/disinterest.    I think she's a good addition to the show for a few reasons but I don't feel super strongly about her as a person one way or another.

I do give her, and all, room to grow.  She's entering a new phase of life.  An OLDER phase of life, and IMO, I think she's having a bit of a difficult time.

I also think the squabble between her and Bethenny comes from both sides being overly sensitive.  And maybe even a little jealous.  Bethenny of Carol running the marathon, Carol of Bethenny's charity efforts, etc.  I tend to think both are at fault...if there is any fault to begin with.   Just two people with a few insecurities.

Anyhoo, yes.  I think Carole belongs in the fashion world.  Maybe even a fashion writer than hard-hitting journalist.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
(edited)

IMO Carole has zero fashion sense so I wouldn't think she belonged in the fashion world.

I also don't think Bethenny is jealous of Carole's marathon run.   It's an accomplishment but not one Bethenny would be interested in for herself.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

luann has always the title ends with her ex and noel can't inherit the title.

Are you sure this is accurate? At the S1 reunion, Lu announced that Noel would inherit the title and the deLesseps jewels. And when Andy smarmily asked, "how extensive are the deLesseps jewels?" Lu replied dismissively (because, you know, it's vulgar to speak of such things), "O, they're not extensive."

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, SCS said:

Are you sure this is accurate? At the S1 reunion, Lu announced that Noel would inherit the title and the deLesseps jewels. And when Andy smarmily asked, "how extensive are the deLesseps jewels?" Lu replied dismissively (because, you know, it's vulgar to speak of such things), "O, they're not extensive."

i'm pretty sure but you may be right now that you mention it.  i do remember her saying victoria will have no title and i thought she also said the title ends with count. 

Edited by jaybird2

@Jextella I agree with you about Carole and fashion. Carole is very fashion forward and stylish. Does that mean that everyone has to love everything she wears? No. But she has a pretty consistent style that you can point to say that's very Carole. As does Tinsley, Iris Apfel, Michele Lamy, and Prince. That's what style is. It doesn't have to be your style; it just has to be a style. Furthermore, it's also clear that Carole loves to be on the leading edge of trends. That's her jam. While someone like Bethenny might be better dressed overall, she's not particularly stylish nor is she going to jump on a trend until many other people have tried it out. And Luann's got this sort of boring shift dress statement necklace drag that bores me to tears.

Do I want to dress like Carole, Michele Lamy, Daphne Guiness, Betsey Johnson, or Carmen Dell'Orefice every damn day? Fuck no, but all of those bitches got style.

• Love 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I will never get over that child comment. Parenting a child is nothing to sneeze at. 

That's why any friendship between them is completely over, imo. They buried knives deep in the softest parts of each other's bellies -- Bethenny through her comment about Carole being single and childless (when Carole has said that if Anthony had lived, she'd be a mother herself) and Carole for completely fucking ignoring (with that "one child more than me" comment) that Frankel would actually have two children, if not for a (fairly public) miscarriage.  They're being savage about deep losses sustained by the other, and that's always a sign (to me) that there's no way back.

Also no way back from seeing this (for the love of God, call Heather next time and wear A BRA):

red dress carole.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@Jextella I agree with you about Carole and fashion. Carole is very fashion forward and stylish. Does that mean that everyone has to love everything she wears? No. But she has a pretty consistent style that you can point to say that's very Carole. As does Tinsley, Iris Apfel, Michele Lamy, and Prince. That's what style is. It doesn't have to be your style; it just has to be a style. Furthermore, it's also clear that Carole loves to be on the leading edge of trends. That's her jam. While someone like Bethenny might be better dressed overall, she's not particularly stylish nor is she going to jump on a trend until many other people have tried it out. And Luann's got this sort of boring shift dress statement necklace drag that bores me to tears.

Do I want to dress like Carole, Michele Lamy, Daphne Guiness, Betsey Johnson, or Carmen Dell'Orefice every damn day? Fuck no, but all of those bitches got style.

You are far more in touch with the fashion world than I am, @HUNTERHUNTED.  I don't know any of the names you referenced.  However, I do plan on looking them up!

I agree with you about Carole AND Tinsley.  The thing I find interesting - and for me is wrapped up in the elusive definition of "art" - is that their outfits generally make me think.  Do I like them? Do I not like them?  Do they look good?  Do they look silly?  I can never quite tell and I actually have to stop and look longer...like I would with other forms of art such as an abstract painting, sculpture, etc. 

I also don't think they manufacture their styles.  They come naturally to them and genuinely reflects their personal tastes, IMO.

Edited by Jextella
(edited)

Also from the article:

In fact, I downplayed a lot of my background and my career.  When has Carole ever downplayed anything about herself on the show? 

And: The network would later hire her as one of the few women on the newsdesk  I don't recall ever seeing her on the newsdesk or reporting from location and I have yet to find a clip of either.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/carole-radziwill-reveals-why-she-joined-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city

ETA; She really can't stop talking about the marathon or Adam. She really gives off bunny boiler vibes concerning that guy and while completing a marathon is an accomplishment I'm sure there were other older newbies out there. Time to move on Carole.....

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

For years now I've been saying that Carole is just an all-around poser.  She seems to be taking that 100% literally these days.

So good to see her perfecting her craaaaft.

22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny's ability to jump onto a trend or catchphrase once it's beyond over is remarkable. It's like Dennis "The Beeper King" in 30 Rock. Hangin' with my snowmies! 

Speaking of stealing, this is one of my pet peeves about Carole. I feel like she tries to passes off things, phrases said on TV shows like Sex in the City or movies or just out in the ether and pass them off as her own witty thoughts or bon mots (with a little giggle at the end). Biggest most recent examples;

- When she introduced her famous MTV VJ friend as "My good friend Karen Duffy. I call her Duff" Like it was some kind of cute nickname that Carole made up on her own. Bitch, everyone calls her Duff and have been for 20 years!

- Halloween episode:  She says that Halloween is just an excuse for women to dress up as sluts and no on can say anything. Girl, that is a Mean Girls famous quote.

No I am not expecting footnotes, citations or for her to give credit all the time but it has been such a noticeable pattern of behavior. She says these things with such a self satisfied smug smirk on her face in THs followed with a giggle and it gets on my nerves. 

Are Adam and her together or not? I can't keep track with the make ups and break ups. Did they just go to Dubai a month ago?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Speaking of stealing, this is one of my pet peeves about Carole. I feel like she tries to passes off things, phrases said on TV shows like Sex in the City or movies or just out in the ether and pass them off as her own witty thoughts or bon mots (with a little giggle at the end).

Yup.

12 hours ago, film noire said:

That's why any friendship between them is completely over, imo. They buried knives deep in the softest parts of each other's bellies -- Bethenny through her comment about Carole being single and childless (when Carole has said that if Anthony had lived, she'd be a mother herself) and Carole for completely fucking ignoring (with that "one child more than me" comment) that Frankel would actually have two children, if not for a (fairly public) miscarriage.  They're being savage about deep losses sustained by the other, and that's always a sign (to me) that there's no way back.

Also no way back from seeing this (for the love of God, call Heather next time and wear A BRA):

red dress carole.jpg

I posted a few days ago about her looking bustier in her talking heads...I suspect she had a little augmentation.  

Even little ones sag.

The right under garments make everything look better, well maybe not that dress.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

You are far more in touch with the fashion world than I am, @HUNTERHUNTED.  I don't know any of the names you referenced.  However, I do plan on looking them up!

I agree with you about Carole AND Tinsley.  The thing I find interesting - and for me is wrapped up in the elusive definition of "art" - is that their outfits generally make me think.  Do I like them? Do I not like them?  Do they look good?  Do they look silly?  I can never quite tell and I actually have to stop and look longer...like I would with other forms of art such as an abstract painting, sculpture, etc. 

I also don't think they manufacture their styles.  They come naturally to them and genuinely reflects their personal tastes, IMO.

Apparently I'm in good company because I don't recognize any of those names either.

Everyone has their own style.    I'm just not sure this look qualifies....

image.png

• Love 2
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Speaking of stealing, this is one of my pet peeves about Carole. I feel like she tries to passes off things, phrases said on TV shows like Sex in the City or movies or just out in the ether and pass them off as her own witty thoughts or bon mots (with a little giggle at the end). Biggest most recent examples;

- When she introduced her famous MTV VJ friend as "My good friend Karen Duffy. I call her Duff" Like it was some kind of cute nickname that Carole made up on her own. Bitch, everyone calls her Duff and have been for 20 years!

- Halloween episode:  She says that Halloween is just an excuse for women to dress up as sluts and no on can say anything. Girl, that is a Mean Girls famous quote.

No I am not expecting footnotes, citations or for her to give credit all the time but it has been such a noticeable pattern of behavior. She says these things with such a self satisfied smug smirk on her face in THs followed with a giggle and it gets on my nerves. 

Yes! I think it was last season where Carole was having lunch/dinner/drinks/whatever with Ramona, where Ramona was talking a lot so Carole told her to "talk less, smile more." That is from Hamilton. It could be from other places as well, but it was during the peak Hamilton popularity.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'll add another "Carole copied it" saying.   When they were going at it at brunch (I think) Carole told Bethenny to "get off my jock."    Posters here went bananas when Bethenny said that a few seasons ago (to Heather?).    Bethenny probably copied it from somewhere but so did Carole. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'll add another "Carole copied it" saying.   When they were going at it at brunch (I think) Carole told Bethenny to "get off my jock."    Posters here went bananas when Bethenny said that a few seasons ago (to Heather?).    Bethenny probably copied it from somewhere but so did Carole. 

Both Bethenny and Carole recycle old quips and it is annoying from both of them! LOL

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

"Get off my jock" is so old that I don't know how easy it is to trace the etymology of it. When Carole used it, she was purposefully using it against Bethenny because it's a known catchphrase that Bethenny uses and the phrase could be offensively used against Bethenny's behavior in that moment. Carole's use was strategic and rhetorical. She was throwing Bethenny's own rhetorical tools in her face. Bethenny uses the phrase to shut down complaints. Carole even referenced that it was something that Bethenny says. Carole was purposely deploying it against Bethenny. Was it the wittiest thing in the world? No. But there was more thought in how Carole used it than just copying. I'd say the same thing for when Ramona has deployed Bethenny's own words against her too.

Whereas something like "I call her Duff" is different. Carole was trying to pass off the Duff moniker as evidence of their close relationship, when it was Karen Duffy's professional name for years.

• Love 10

Hi ! I've been reading all your posts and love them. The NY franchise is the only one I watch.  I just love watching these crazy ladies.  Anyway...about Carole and her beef with Bethenny about Adam.  You guys have deduced that she might be upset that Bethenny should not have reached out to Adam without first going through her.  Well, I was watching Bravo this afternoon Season 5 (the first season of Carole,Heather and Aviva). During the reunion show they were talking about Luann wearing her friend Radja's (sp?) dress and taking it home or something. After ALOT of back and forth it was finally established why Carole was so annoyed.  It was because she wanted Luann to go through her to ask for the dress first. Luann looked at her like she was nuts and actually said something like ...I need to ask you before I speak to a designer?!.  Seems alot like the part of the fight she's having with Bethenny now.  WHY does Bethenny need to go through Carole to speak to Adam, a grown man.  I like Bethenny because she entertains me. Now, if she was MY friend or MY sister in law or MY anything well I might have a different opinion of her. LOL. 

Also,  Carole looked SO MUCH BETTER her first year.  Those extra few pounds really do make a difference.  She looked healthier. Prettier.  There is such a thing as too thin.  

• Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

Hi ! I've been reading all your posts and love them. The NY franchise is the only one I watch.  I just love watching these crazy ladies.  Anyway...about Carole and her beef with Bethenny about Adam.  You guys have deduced that she might be upset that Bethenny should not have reached out to Adam without first going through her.  Well, I was watching Bravo this afternoon Season 5 (the first season of Carole,Heather and Aviva). During the reunion show they were talking about Luann wearing her friend Radja's (sp?) dress and taking it home or something. After ALOT of back and forth it was finally established why Carole was so annoyed.  It was because she wanted Luann to go through her to ask for the dress first. Luann looked at her like she was nuts and actually said something like ...I need to ask you before I speak to a designer?!.  Seems alot like the part of the fight she's having with Bethenny now.  WHY does Bethenny need to go through Carole to speak to Adam, a grown man.  I like Bethenny because she entertains me. Now, if she was MY friend or MY sister in law or MY anything well I might have a different opinion of her. LOL. 

Also,  Carole looked SO MUCH BETTER her first year.  Those extra few pounds really do make a difference.  She looked healthier. Prettier.  There is such a thing as too thin.  

I agree with Carole; Bethenny should have at least mentioned asking her boyfriend for a favor! It's the same idea behind calling someone's husband behind her GF's back! Nothing official; just half mention "I want to call Adam about donating some time to the cause!" After all that, Carole still didn't know and happened to hear about it from a couple other people after the fact! Bethenny can't be trusted to interpret situations; has to be in her favor while diminishing others! That's how she rolls! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I agree with Carole; Bethenny should have at least mentioned asking her boyfriend for a favor! It's the same idea behind calling someone's husband behind her GF's back! Nothing official; just half mention "I want to call Adam about donating some time to the cause!" After all that, Carole still didn't know and happened to hear about it from a couple other people after the fact! Bethenny can't be trusted to interpret situations; has to be in her favor while diminishing others! That's how she rolls! ;-)

Were they still together? Why did she have to hear this from other people instead of Adam?  Couldn't Adam have called her and said "hey Bethenny just called to ask me to go to..." . But apparently she didn't know about this until other people told her.  I agree Bethenny should have broached it with Carole but I mean c'mon Carole is taking this way too far.  Get over it.  Of course I agree with other that there is a lot more to her being pissed off at Bethenny than just this. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Bethenny should have at least told her after she had someone contact Adam, it is a respect thing and Bethenny doesn't respect anyone other than herself IMO.

11 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

Were they still together? Why did she have to hear this from other people instead of Adam?  Couldn't Adam have called her and said "hey Bethenny just called to ask me to go to..." . But apparently she didn't know about this until other people told her.  I agree Bethenny should have broached it with Carole but I mean c'mon Carole is taking this way too far.  Get over it.  Of course I agree with other that there is a lot more to her being pissed off at Bethenny than just this. 

Adam did tell Carole but that doesn't mean that Bethenny shouldn't have done so as well. Letting your friend know that you had someone contact her bf/ex bf for a favor is something you do because you respect your friend, especially if you are contacting her ex! Can you imagine if Carole, or any other NY HW, contacted Jason to ask him for a favor? How do you think Bethenny would react to that HW, friend or not? She would go ballistic!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

During the reunion show they were talking about Luann wearing her friend Radja's (sp?) dress and taking it home or something. After ALOT of back and forth it was finally established why Carole was so annoyed.  It was because she wanted Luann to go through her to ask for the dress first. Luann looked at her like she was nuts and actually said something like ...I need to ask you before I speak to a designer?!.  Seems alot like the part of the fight she's having with Bethenny now.  WHY does Bethenny need to go through Carole to speak to Adam, a grown man.

Actually the argument with Luann was about Luann directly asking Naeem Khan, Ranjana's husband and famous designer, if she could wear one of his dresses. Carole's issue was that Luann decided to impose upon Naeem during Luann's first time meeting the couple. Furthermore, Luann decided to act like she was doing Naeem a huge favor by wearing one of his dresses for a Life & Style shoot. Not only does Naeem make clothes for people like Michelle Obama for her first state dinner, but Michelle pays for her clothing.* But Luann thinks she was doing Naeem a big favor by asking for free clothing. Plus requests for dresses go through PR departments and not directly to the designer when you are a guest in his home and it's your first time meeting the designer. Luann was so tacky and so gauche. That was some shit that Sonja might pull.

Luann:

• is a guest who was meeting them for the first time;
  • had enjoyed their hospitality in their home;
  • asked a professional favor of a new acquaintance rather than go through the typical procedure; and
  • acted like she was doing this new acquaintance a favor by getting a free dress to wear in her rinky-photoshoot.

It was obnoxious and she knows it. 

How it's different from the Bethenny situation is that Bethenny felt let down by Adam and Carole. Carole's argument wasn't that Bethenny needed to get Carole's permission to talk to Adam. Carole's argument is that if Bethenny is upset with Carole or Adam, Bethenny should talk to Carole about that disappointment and not bitch to Dorinda and Ramona.

Frankly, I don't think Carole is entirely wrong in either situation. Luann's transgression marks her as a user. Bethenny's shows that the relationship between the two was very frayed.

*https://people.com/style/michelle-obama-state-dinner-dresses-through-the-years

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, WireWrap said:

Bethenny should have at least told her after she had someone contact Adam, it is a respect thing and Bethenny doesn't respect anyone other than herself IMO.

Adam did tell Carole but that doesn't mean that Bethenny shouldn't have done so as well. Letting your friend know that you had someone contact her bf/ex bf for a favor is something you do because you respect your friend, especially if you are contacting her ex! Can you imagine if Carole, or any other NY HW, contacted Jason to ask him for a favor? How do you think Bethenny would react to that HW, friend or not? She would go ballistic!

They're all hypocrites, but with Bethenny being the ring leader, she really needs to stand for something more! Don't talk about empowerment for women, then diss your friend's efforts! She really does get "that shot" in there and I just don't understand it! She has it all, but is the most bitter of all the HW's! I can relate in a lot of ways and prefer just hangin' out on my own so I don't subject people to my perceived negativity! Bethenny relishes going out and punishing people for the "smallest slight!" Dorinda hit it on the head; "Bethenny saves up" $#!t so she can beat you over the head with it when the need arises! They all do it, but again, Bethenny should be better than this! I've lost a lot of respect for her due to that age old question asked on a reunion years ago, "why take out the heavy artillery when a fly swatter would suffice?" She loves to annihilate and admits to the problem, but like Ramona, "you have to accept me for me!" I personally don't have to accept $#!t from anyone and Bethenny has finally gone too far! When Dorinda calls you out, it has to be bad! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 5
On 6/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, stewedsquash said:

I came across this when I was Binging about Adam and his meatballs (discussion in the episode thread).

http://www.bonberi.com/2016/09/04/in-the-kitchen-adam-kentworthy/

I wonder if Carole Bing's things about Adam? Do people who are famous have it harder after a breakup, to Bing or not to Bing?

Anyway, it was an interesting read about Adam and mentions Carole

I'm a native of California and the use of  "Cali", which is something I've heard mostly transplants use,  makes me want to slap my hand over my ears. It's such a trying too hard word. Just a peeve of mine. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

ctually the argument with Luann was about Luann directly asking Naeem Khan, Ranjana's husband and famous designer, if she could wear one of his dresses. Carole's issue was that Luann decided to impose upon Naeem during Luann's first time meeting the couple.

Ranjana said neither she or Naeem was put off by the request and it came up naturally while the three of them were doing tequila shots and Ranjana also went on to say how amazing Lu looked in his dresses. Carole took an interaction that she wasn’t present for and neither party had an issue with and blew it up into a huge thing because she didn’t like Luann.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16

I understood Carole being upset when Luann asked for the dress, even though the designers weren't upset about it.  If I introduce a friend A to friend B and after the first meeting, friend A calls B to ask for a favor, it's awkward.  Friend B may have a policy against loaning out dresses, they may already be committed to dressing someone else, they may not be at a place in their business where they could do this for some reason, etc.  I might know this as the middle friend, and could have headed off the request from friend A.  But, by going around me, friend A puts friend B in a situation where they might feel like they had to say yes or risk damaging a relationship with me, or the relationship between me and friend A.  If I were friend B, of course I'd accommodate, and I'd say that I was more than happy to, regardless of how I actually felt about it, because that's what you do.  But, I would never want to be who Luann was when she was friend A in the situation.

When it comes to Bethenny and Adam, though, I feel like it's different.  Carole and Adam and Bethenny and (presumably) Dennis have hung out quite a bit as couple friends.  Bethenny has been around Carole and Adam and would have a friendship with both, though of course she is closer to Carole than Adam.  Any of my friends who know both of my husband and I in a similar sort of way would totally contact him without having to go through me. and I can and have done the same with the husbands of my friends.  We're not planning humanitarian relief trips, but, I have needed specific computer questions answered from one, another had info related to his work field that I needed, etc.  I never go to the wife and say can you ask your husband . . .  I just go to the person I need.  And if they have a question that my husband can answer, they ask him.  I feel that's what Bethenny was doing in this case, and I don't see it as a problem that Carole didn't give her permission.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, smores said:

I understood Carole being upset when Luann asked for the dress, even though the designers weren't upset about it.  If I introduce a friend A to friend B and after the first meeting, friend A calls B to ask for a favor, it's awkward.  Friend B may have a policy against loaning out dresses, they may already be committed to dressing someone else, they may not be at a place in their business where they could do this for some reason, etc.  I might know this as the middle friend, and could have headed off the request from friend A.  But, by going around me, friend A puts friend B in a situation where they might feel like they had to say yes or risk damaging a relationship with me, or the relationship between me and friend A.  If I were friend B, of course I'd accommodate, and I'd say that I was more than happy to, regardless of how I actually felt about it, because that's what you do.  

I love this explanation and agree with it completely.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, smores said:

I understood Carole being upset when Luann asked for the dress, even though the designers weren't upset about it.  If I introduce a friend A to friend B and after the first meeting, friend A calls B to ask for a favor, it's awkward.  Friend B may have a policy against loaning out dresses, they may already be committed to dressing someone else, they may not be at a place in their business where they could do this for some reason, etc.  I might know this as the middle friend, and could have headed off the request from friend A.  But, by going around me, friend A puts friend B in a situation where they might feel like they had to say yes or risk damaging a relationship with me, or the relationship between me and friend A.  If I were friend B, of course I'd accommodate, and I'd say that I was more than happy to, regardless of how I actually felt about it, because that's what you do.  But, I would never want to be who Luann was when she was friend A in the situation.

My sis is opening a bar & she's looking for live bands.  A friend of a friend is a singer in an 80s hair metal cover band (read;  A-MAZ-ING)

I FB messaged him *and* his wife about the contact info, just b/c I felt super strange talking privately to just him.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, smores said:

meeting, friend A calls B to ask for a favor, it's awkward.  Friend B may have a policy against loaning out dresses, they may already be committed to dressing someone else, they may not be at a place in their business where they could do this for some reason, etc.  I might know this as the middle friend, and could have headed off the request from friend A.  But, by going around me, friend A puts friend B in a situation where they might feel like they had to say yes or risk damaging a relationship with me, or the relationship between me and friend A.  If I were friend B, of course I'd accommodate, and I'd say that I was more than happy to, regardless of how I actually felt about it, because that's what you do.  But, I would never want to be who Luann was when she was friend A in the situation.

But in the scenario that actually happened B didn’t accommodate, A was fine with not being accommodated and then Carole (because the A/B thing no longer works) made it a huge thing even though A and B didnt think it was a situation much less a difficult one. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7