Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Like I said, I get it. But the question being asked is "why do people keep saying she thought it was casual"? Well, she said it was casual, she pointedly insisted she was just shacking up. Now I personally thought she was lying to the public and had fallen hard but in general, people are going along with the story line she presented and thats why people are confused now as she acts as though she's had a major break up. She told people it was casual and accepted the treatment of a casual relationship then. Now she wants to insist it was a deep relationship and get the sympathy for that sort of break up.

If people are believing the words coming out of her mouth, then its on her that people think she was in a casual relationship with Adam. Because thats been her story for a long time.

• Love 11
(edited)

If it was casual she wouldn't have been so bitter about him meeting someone and banishing him from her life.  But she's hung up on him and that's why he was able to get a free trip to Dubai out of her even after seeing other women. Lu's niece took him on a trip to Europe, he's a tad opportunistic, Bethenny called it.

ETA: People in "casual" relationships don't talk about how they are "nesting". She's never acted casual about the relationship but has always been defensive and possessive about it. To me she always acted like he was this prize she won (from a younger woman to boot) and was going to cling to him until the bitter end. 

I bet it was her idea to move in together and his to move out.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 11

I think Carole was fine with "casual" when it started. But I think she fell hard. I think she then kept up the pretense of being fine with how "casual" it was, not only for the outside world to see, but also because she thought that was what Adam wanted. She is a "cool girl", a "guy's girl". She's FINE with a 6 am booty call.

Except that she's not. 

• Love 22

Oh. Like that book that Carole was allegedly writing although she didn’t know she had a DEADLINE when she was talking to her editor? Like that from a “journalist”? 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh. Like that book that Carole was allegedly writing although she didn’t know she had a DEADLINE when she was talking to her editor? Like that from a “journalist”? 

I don't think she had any deal/agreement with a publisher for the cookbook. 

• Love 2
On 6/18/2018 at 2:49 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I find Carole worse, I think it's because I'm noticing she really likes to kick a person when they are down, how she's acting about Lu and her arrest is a tipping point for me. Also,  like Dorinda, there isn't a depth she won't sink to when she's angry. But where Dorinda usually only sinks low when she's drinking,  except for at Sonja,  and I think she'd shelve it if Sonja were jailed as well, Carole does it calculatingly. 

Bethany is overall witchier, but not as cruel. They both are horrible people. 

Looks like Dorinda is going to sink that low from the previews. Let's see if she surpasses both Carole and Bethany in the how low can they go sweepstakes. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Looks like Dorinda is going to sink that low from the previews. Let's see if she surpasses both Carole and Bethany in the how low can they go sweepstakes. 

When did they all become not nice? 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

My money is on Dorinda for the win because not only does she go low, she slurs, sputters and spits while doing it.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

When did they all become not nice? 

I wonder if it’s because people like Jennifer Lawrence tell Andy that she is a Real Housewives superfan, and her favorite housewife is X, Y or Z. The housewife becomes arrogant. And mean.

• Love 2

What is this thing about thinking that in romantic dealings, only women fall or that men don’t play a role or that men are just existing against their will in this shit? (My bestie and I got into a tiff about something similar this week about her cousin-in-law in something with bestie’s husband’s friend, and bestie was also acting like the girl was living in a fantasy world as though the guy wasn’t existing with her in whatever they had together.)

Similarly, acting as though Carole stayed in a two year relationship with someone who didn’t equally like her and love her really blows. It absolves men of the parts they play in relationship, leaning on this “Well that’s just men, girl” trope that leaves a lot to be desired. No one forced Adam to flirt with, sex up, stay, be in a relationship with Carole. 

• Love 8

Carole wouldn't have been the first older, wealthy woman who had a much younger man get lots of opportunities, exposure, a touch of D-list fame and multiple exotic vacations all on her dime. 

Let's not kid ourselves that Adam may have liked her but I seriously do not think that in any universe he would have dated her if she had not been on the show and willing to promote him and dote on him.

No one is trying to absolve men of anything. Men use women and women use men all of the time, but often it's for different reasons. Yes, women can like sex too and men can want love but it's naive to think that men and women look at sex/love/relationships the same. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think she had any deal/agreement with a publisher for the cookbook. 

I don’t think she did either. I was referring to another book or collection of essays or something. I recall several meetings with her female editor who was trying to get Carole to adhere to the schedule of deadlines which were in place. I also think she received an advance for that book. Perhaps someone whose memory is better than mine can help with more info. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t think she did either. I was referring to another book or collection of essays or something. I recall several meetings with her female editor who was trying to get Carole to adhere to the schedule of deadlines which were in place. I also think she received an advance for that book. Perhaps someone whose memory is better than mine can help with more info. 

I think you're right, the book and the cookbook were two different things.  She wasn't producing her book per their agreement and I think she was in danger of having to return the advance.

She did put out a book of essays though, just a compilation of her blogs. https://www.amazon.com/Madcap-Tales-Year-Real-Housewives/dp/1481086189/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

No one was interested in their never made cook book. She had only written one line any way "A vegan boy falls in love with a junk food girl"...there are two things wrong with that sentence right off the bat.

• Love 3
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Carole wouldn't have been the first older, wealthy woman who had a much younger man get lots of opportunities, exposure, a touch of D-list fame and multiple exotic vacations all on her dime. 

Let's not kid ourselves that Adam may have liked her but I seriously do not think that in any universe he would have dated her if she had not been on the show and willing to promote him and dote on him.

No one is trying to absolve men of anything. Men use women and women use men all of the time, but often it's for different reasons. Yes, women can like sex too and men can want love but it's naive to think that men and women look at sex/love/relationships the same. 

No, there's no naivete in thinking that men are human beings--gasp! And that they, too, can actually want to be in a relationship without ulterior motives driving them; that a man hasn't been coerced or forced into a relationship with a woman he didn't want to be with. 

And lest anyone think I'm saying this because it's Carole, I'm not. I don't post in Bethenny's thread anymore, but when I did, even when I was off of her and how she interacted with the HWs, I was totally on the side of not laying all the blame at her feet when it came to Jason. There was a lot of chatter as though Jason was duped or that he couldn't have wanted to be with Bethenny outside of whatever cachet he thought she had.

I'm just 100% consistent on pushing back on the idea that a man doesn't go into something with his eyes wide opened or that he wasn't intrigued or turned on or what have you by the woman he played a part in pursuing. The thought that "How could Carole [or Bethenny] have ever thought that Adam [or Jason] ever actually liked her for her?" really does put the onus on the woman in the event the relationship ends. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11
(edited)

If Adam had just met Carole and started dating her and never appeared on the show again and never had her help him promote his various ventures then I might be inclined to agree that he liked her just for her. But since he didn't and got tons of exposure and attention I say he did like her but liked the attention dating her got him much much more.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9

Yep. I think it’s mostly the old ladyish, creaky voice that does it for me.

Carole's voice reminds me a lot of Nicolle Wallace's (though I'm not sure why, since they're from different parts of the country).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, jaync said:

Carole's voice reminds me a lot of Nicolle Wallace's (though I'm not sure why, since they're from different parts of the country).

Ok, I know that i watch entirely too much L &O Criminal Intent, but thats the Nicolle Wallace that comes to mind. 

• Love 3

I think that's LuAnne in performance mode and she's shown herself to be a diva, whether she's drinking it not. It seems just as likely that someone saw her with a cup of unknown substance, thought  she was acting like a b, and decided to start a rumor to mess with her. 

• Love 3

This year I’m just so confused by Carole.

Her outfits are like some weird mix of country club high school girl trying to rebel with expensive ugly clothes while dating a guy with a motorcycle & a woman trying to wear her daughters clothes after her husband leaves her. 

Then her attitude is so aloof and moody.

Shes not fun anymore.  She’s just running....

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, Mozelle said:

What is this thing about thinking that in romantic dealings, only women fall or that men don’t play a role or that men are just existing against their will in this shit? (My bestie and I got into a tiff about something similar this week about her cousin-in-law in something with bestie’s husband’s friend, and bestie was also acting like the girl was living in a fantasy world as though the guy wasn’t existing with her in whatever they had together.)

Similarly, acting as though Carole stayed in a two year relationship with someone who didn’t equally like her and love her really blows. It absolves men of the parts they play in relationship, leaning on this “Well that’s just men, girl” trope that leaves a lot to be desired. No one forced Adam to flirt with, sex up, stay, be in a relationship with Carole. 

She is a 55 year old woman. She knew the deal. Why is it his fault? Why is there any fault? It just was.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does Carole ever talk about her family? Have we ever seen any of them? 

She has talked about her mom and sister in law. Her mom was on the episode where they went canvassing for Hillary Clinton. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I loved Carole during the spa episodes. I loved her kindness and levelheadedness in talking to Ramona about the pictures and also after the last dinner when she went to Luann's room she was gentle with her. She just seemed really mellow and in a good place mentally the whole time, like she was also getting some respite from things in her life, in a good way.

I have not really been very fond of Carole, but I agree with everything that you say here.

• Love 2
On 7/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, Gam2 said:

Does Carole ever talk about her family? Have we ever seen any of them? 

Both of her parents were in the marathon episode. They there to greet her when she crossed the finish line. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Remember when she called LuAnn to basically write an article for her?

No can’t say I do. Refresh my memory? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

No can’t say I do. Refresh my memory? 

She had to write an article about gift giving and didn't know what to write, so she called LuAnn who showed up to spout off her ~countess~ knowledge about gift etiquette while Carole stared at her and got her hair curled.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, Higgins said:

She is a 55 year old woman. She knew the deal. Why is it his fault? Why is there any fault? It just was.

Did I say it was his fault? Or am I acknowledging that he played a part in their relationship? At no point did Adam ever look like he was holding his nose to deal with Carole, which is how some like to make it seem. She's a woman in her 50s, and he's a man in his 30s. He knew the deal.

• Love 4
(edited)

"Absolves"is associated with guilt. Both  he and she thought they were "casual" and temporary, because she said so numerous times. Why would he act or think otherwise?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

I think it's weird what Carole has been saying about Adam recently. On the Daily Dish podcast she had this to say:

When’s the last time she “had coffee” with Adam? Carole says she’s glad the audience gets her wink-wink jokes because she doesn’t think her co-stars always get her jokes and hints. “You’ll see the evolution or de-evolution with Adam over the course of the season, but ultimately I think he’s a really good guy and we had a three-plus year relationship and that was important to me and important to him and we haven’t had coffee recently.”

While they may not be “having coffee” anymore, she feels they’ll find a friendship in some form. “But I can see going forward there will be room in my life and his life for some sort of friendship. He was an important part of my life for three years. Three years is a big relationship for me. I don’t stay in relationships that long. And I need long breaks in between. So I’m not looking to hop into another relationship. We’ll see what happens. The audience will see, it’s difficult to break up with someone and it’s definitely more difficult to do it on national television. You don’t want to say everything, but I’m pretty honest and I can’t not talk about what’s going on in my life and not in like a dramatic way or a salacious way but just a real way like you’d talk to your girlfriends. So I’m not really looking forward to reliving that. But it is what it is. There have definitely been shifts in all sorts of relationships on the show.”

Didn't they just go on a couples trip to Dubai?

• Love 2

She thought “having coffee” was subtle?

Maybe they went as friends to Dubai it was more than just couples it was a larger group. And they must see each other fairly often because of Baby who they also share. Adam was just bitching on IG about Delta denying Baby as a service animal because he took her to St. Louis.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Adam was just bitching on IG about Delta denying Baby as a service animal because he took her to St. Louis.

Wait, what?! Does Adam have a disability that requires a service animal or is he just an entitled asshole?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Wait, what?! Does Adam have a disability that requires a service animal or is he just an entitled asshole?

He claims she is and they eventually let her own so who knows. Maybe one of her other four owners has one. I imagine if anything she is an emotional support animal but he also is an entitled asshole.

• Love 6

I was more confused because what Carole said made it seem like they are not friends currently. Maybe something happened post-Dubai?

Adam is exactly the type to bitch about First World Problems on social media.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I was more confused because what Carole said made it seem like they are not friends currently. Maybe something happened post-Dubai?

Adam is exactly the type to bitch about First World Problems on social media.

A lot of it is clearly taking about in the context of the season so maybe she just continued that. The bolded part is basically exactly what she told Tinsley in the last episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

He claims she is and they eventually let her own so who knows. Maybe one of her other four owners has one. I imagine if anything she is an emotional support animal but he also is an entitled asshole.

I love that airlines are cracking down on this nonsense. Please don't trash me, people with real need for an emotional support or service animal, I am saying this for you as well. Too many people just want their pets with them all the time so they insist their pet is an emotional support animal and then how DARE anyone deny their disability needs? Their disability needs that they aren't required to define or prove, and they know it as they smirk about how they're getting their way.

I know I am not allowed to ask because HOW DARE I but... what is the nature of Adam's disability that he needs an emotional support animal that he other wise does not appear to take places?

*My question is rhetorical. I know the politically correct answer is that he doesn't have to provide any proof that he actually has a disability. But speaking as someone with pet dander allergies (and I have medical tests proving it) I tire of the "tee hee I just love my puppy and don't want to pay for him to fly so I *have a disability* so fuck you all my pet's gonna ride!" attitude. I will gladly deal with my allergies for someone who has a genuine need but since Adam isn't walking around with the dog within arm's reach 24-7, yeah, I am gonna question the nature of his disability

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I love that airlines are cracking down on this nonsense. Please don't trash me, people with real need for an emotional support or service animal, I am saying this for you as well. Too many people just want their pets with them all the time so they insist their pet is an emotional support animal and then how DARE anyone deny their disability needs? Their disability needs that they aren't required to define or prove, and they know it as they smirk about how they're getting their way.

I know I am not allowed to ask because HOW DARE I but... what is the nature of Adam's disability that he needs an emotional support animal that he other wise does not appear to take places?

You won't get any grief from me.   I agree with you.  Adam got away with it but I'm sure there have been others who really have special needs who did not.  I get mad when I see people parking in a handicapped space without a permit too.

I don't know anything about Instagram but if he has a Twitter account, HW fans should let him know we think he's a entitled asshole. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Higgins said:

"Absolves"is associated with guilt. Both  he and she thought they were "casual" and temporary, because she said so numerous times. Why would he act or think otherwise?

“Absolves” is also associated with responsibility, not just guilt. That’s the context with which I use “absolve”—responsibility. Because the language used to talk about Carole’s and Adam’s relationship relies heavily on making it seem as though Carole pressured Adam or that Adam just went along to get along. That he shares no responsibility in also pursuing Carole, or that the *only* reason was that he had ulterior motives. 

I also doubt that Carole and Adam thought they were “casual” otherwise they wouldn’t have gotten a dog together. I don’t think many, if any, casual, FWBs are going half on a puppy. 

• Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

they wouldn’t have gotten a dog together.

They didn’t. Baby is co-owned by three people. Carole, her neighbor and Meghan king Edmonds brother and they split time with her. Apparently, Adam has joined the arrangement or is just taking Carole’s time because she is in the UK.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They didn’t. Baby is co-owned by three people. Carole, her neighbor and Meghan king Edwards brother and they split time with her. Apparently, Adam has joined the arrangement or is just taking Carole’s time because she is in the UK.

Really, time share for a dog?

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Time share for a dog that one person needs as a support animal for their disability? What kind of disability is that?

One of their own choosing. 

Timeshare a dog. Cat as a support pet. I wonder why the cat was chosen as the support pet yet I guess that makes sense since he doesn’t have full time with the dog. Rich people/pet ownership problems. 

• Love 3

I think I read somewhere (I drink a lot) that true emotional support animals or other service animals have official documentation to justify the claim, and that airlines are cutting back the amount of bs they allow because of issues with animals during flights. I know a family that took in and agreed to train a service animal. They had to attend meetings and the dog was required to pass obedience and other tests to continue in the program and be certified. I doubt Baby had any kind of actual support animal credentials.

• Love 9