Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Why the hell do people feel the need to travel with animals (non-service/support) anyway?  I've never understood why one would all-but traumatize the poor creatures.  If you were spending weeks or months away, I can almost, sort of, understand.  Short trips - just say no.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Why the hell do people feel the need to travel with animals (non-service/support) anyway?  I've never understood why one would all-but traumatize the poor creatures.

They wany to be with their pets all the time/don't want to pay for boarding and everyone else's experience be damned! They think their pet is the greatest ever created and you will too!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

They wany to be with their pets all the time/don't want to pay for boarding and everyone else's experience be damned! They think their pet is the greatest ever created and you will too!

Well, I would likely think far greater of their pet than I would them, as I think it's cruel to put an animal through it.  I know folks who pump their pets full of tranquilizers just so they can get through the airport/plane flight etc.  It's nuts.

ymmv

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Ki-in said:

But her looks aren't why she's not sexy, it's her personality 100%,

This.  Someone in the epi thread mentioned how they wished Carole would stop being so bitchy and go back to being the 'fun' Carole of seasons past.  And I'm over here, like, Wait...when was Carole ever fun?  I remember she wore a bear suit once, but seriously, even if the group is doing something fun she always seems like such a wet noodle. Only chiming in with something clever, afterwards, usually being sarcastic/bitchy, in her THs.

Who is this 'fun' Carole? And which episodes was she in, I must have missed those.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

This.  Someone in the epi thread mentioned how they wished Carole would stop being so bitchy and go back to being the 'fun' Carole of seasons past.  And I'm over here, like, Wait...when was Carole ever fun?  I remember she wore a bear suit once, but seriously, even if the group is doing something fun she always seems like such a wet noodle. Only chiming in with something clever, afterwards, usually being sarcastic/bitchy, in her THs.

Who is this 'fun' Carole? And which episodes was she in, I must have missed those.

I don’t think Carole is the “fun” friend a’la wild and crazy Ramonja with their crazy drunken antics—-I think in this case, the other poster meant Carole was “fun” in that she was always pretty easygoing, willing to try anything and stay cool about it, and could talk about anything with all the gals without even worrying about the consequences. She would flirt it up with various guys, was down for everything from donning slutty pirate outfits and downing excessive shots to bear costumes and other practical jokes, and she lovingly put up with Ramona in her crazier moments. She didn’t have any real beef with anyone until Aviva was so Hellbent on discrediting her((even with Lu she was semi-playful and lighter with her annoyance)), and once Beth sunk her talons into Carole, we gradually saw more of a snarkier, mean and sulky side of Carole emerge.

I think the onset of aging, clinging to a younger chef and falling under Beth’s own sarcastic spell was when ‘Cool Carole’ went from being the “fun” lighthearted downtown gal of past seasons to the more bitter broad we’ve seen in the recent several seasons. The fried blonde bob and weirder fashion “moments” alongside more cosmetic treatments haven’t helped her cause.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

It was a Tuesday.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

This is why perception is so great because EYE saw a fun Carole from the moment she was on this show. To me, "fun" doesn't only have to equal, say, "Turtle time!" or falling down drunk in the bushes. Carole's been pretty chill and easygoing from my vantage point, and that, to me, equals fun. 

• Love 7

She didn't say that she's considering leaving after this season, she said that she considers leaving after every season, because "it's a hard job."  That would explain why she isn't the best at meeting literary deadlines.  Because showing up for filming scenes, and eating and drinking on someone else's dime is "a hard job".  Imagine what writing a magazine article is like.

Oof.

• Love 12
(edited)

I never associated Carole with fun either.  

In fact I always thought she was kind of creepy so I wouldn't miss her if she left.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

This is why perception is so great because EYE saw a fun Carole from the moment she was on this show. To me, "fun" doesn't only have to equal, say, "Turtle time!" or falling down drunk in the bushes. Carole's been pretty chill and easygoing from my vantage point, and that, to me, equals fun. 

I've never been much of a Carole fan, I find her twitter page annoying, but she has never seemed mean or hateful to me.

I do like her chill attitude. She just coasts and I am liking her friendship with Tinsley. 

I am happy that she is no longer with Adam.  I really think he is a jerk for his silly Delta/Baby situation.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I've never been much of a Carole fan, I find her twitter page annoying, but she has never seemed mean or hateful to me.

I do like her chill attitude. She just coasts and I am liking her friendship with Tinsley. 

I am happy that she is no longer with Adam.  I really think he is a jerk for his silly Delta/Baby situation.

To me Carole's attitude isn't chill; it's disinterest.  I always felt she came off as somewhat of a snob while portraying herself as the cool, savvy intellectual.    Adam's recent entitled behavior with Baby didn't develop overnight.   He was in a relationship with Carole for three years. I can't imagine they would have lasted that long if they didn't at least share that sense of entitlement.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

I haven’t liked Carole since the first time she had all the HWs over for food and drinks and all she had when she arrived was M&Ms and alcohol because she thought they would just order pizza when people arrived. Anyone who knows these women knows they weren’t going to be into pizza so instead ordered salads and then when the food arrived Carole didn’t give a damn rhat some of the salads hadn’t arrived. She tried to be like it’s just because she is chill and cool but really she was just a shitty host who doesn’t know how to entertain people.

• Love 16
(edited)
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I haven’t liked Carole since the first time she had all the HWs over for food and drinks and all she had when she arrived was M&Ms and alcohol because she thought they would just order pizza when people arrived. Anyone who knows these women knows they weren’t going to be into pizza so instead ordered salads and then when the food arrived Carole didn’t give a damn rhat some of the salads hadn’t arrived. She tried to be like it’s just because she is chill and cool but really she was just a shitty host who doesn’t know how to entertain people.

Yes!   And didn't she also serve expired Trader Joe hot dog appetizers she found in her freezer?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I like Carole, but her crappy job hosting the women annoyed the shit out of me. I could never figure what exactly was going on there. If it was Carole being insouciant, her producer giving her misinformation about how long they would be filming or some combination of the two. I'm sure no one loves ordering tons of food that the women will pick over, but that's how the show works and you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Also those personalized M&Ms cost a bunch of money for very little to show for it.

• Love 5

I think Adam suffers from affluenza, which is why he thinks he needs a therapy dog.  I question this whole co-op ownership of a pet.  I can't imagine shifting my precious kitties between several owners.  Also, as much as I think my little precious is the cutest angel ever, I would never stress her by taking her on trips with me.  I miss her like crazy, but travel is stressful on me, so I wouldn't want to stress her with that. Baby seems like a sweet little dog, but she looks like she needs a good bath.  If you're planning to travel on a plane with your pet, make sure they are clean and smell nice.  I think Adam and Carole are assholes and I'm sorry he got his way. 

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She just looks like she doesn’t want to put any effort into anything.  She always walks around like half dead.  I’m shocked she ran the marathon.  Entertaining takes lots of preparation, if you want to make it nice.  

• Love 8
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She just looks like she doesn’t want to put any effort into anything.  She always walks around like half dead.  I’m shocked she ran the marathon.  Entertaining takes lots of preparation, if you want to make it nice.  

I'm shocked she ran (walked) the marathon too.  I really believe she did it to impress Adam.  Carole always seems lazy but that doesn't track with running 26.2 miles so she had to have a strong motivator.    

IMHO there's no excuse for being a bad hostess.   If you don't want to entertain guests properly, don't invite them to your home.   Take them out to lunch or dinner instead.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm shocked she ran (walked) the marathon too.  I really believe she did it to impress Adam.  Carole always seems lazy but that doesn't track with running 26.2 miles so she had to have a strong motivator.    

IMHO there's no excuse for being a bad hostess.   If you don't want to entertain guests properly, don't invite them to your home.   Take them out to lunch or dinner instead.

Loving Adam is her motivation.  For that, she finds the strength, lol.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think Adam suffers from affluenza, which is why he thinks he needs a therapy dog.  I question this whole co-op ownership of a pet.  I can't imagine shifting my precious kitties between several owners.  Also, as much as I think my little precious is the cutest angel ever, I would never stress her by taking her on trips with me.  I miss her like crazy, but travel is stressful on me, so I wouldn't want to stress her with that. Baby seems like a sweet little dog, but she looks like she needs a good bath.  If you're planning to travel on a plane with your pet, make sure they are clean and smell nice.  I think Adam and Carole are assholes and I'm sorry he got his way. 

That's the word! When I was saying earlier that I thought Adam (and LuAnn) has a specific type of entitlement, I couldn't pull up the word "affluenza" in my mind. But that's exactly what it is.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Keeping Adam was her motivation.  It didn't work. We'll see if she ever laces up her runners again.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

1 minute ago, ryebread said:

Keeping Adam was her motivation.  It didn't work. We'll see if she ever laces up her runners again.

Yes.  Regardless of what she tells everyone, IMHO she's NOT OK about breaking up with Adam. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

How could she entertain?  She would have to buy and put on a new couch cover.  That alone takes time and effort.

• Love 1
Just now, Gem 10 said:

How could she entertain?  She would have to buy and put on a new couch cover.  That alone takes time and effort.

The first season when she had them all over was before all the "Babies" so the couch was in decent condition and hadnt been torn to shreds.

• Love 5

Right. So, Carole has hired a whole personal trainer to kick her tail with multiple sessions a week...a year after she and Adam broke up...because she wants to stay with Adam?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Right. So, Carole has hired a whole personal trainer to kick her tail with multiple sessions a week...a year after she and Adam broke up...because she wants to stay with Adam?

No one said that.

What she's doing now doesn't change what motivated her last year. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I haven't seen any indication that she wants Adam back. All just speculation.

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently Carole started training sessions to keep Adam? Isn't that the conversation? She and Adam aren't together, and broke up last summer. She's still training (even more hardcore), so I'm simply trying to puzzle out the motivation--is that she wants Adam to come back?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3
Just now, Mozelle said:

Apparently Carole started training sessions to keep Adam? Isn't that the conversation? She and Adam aren't together, and broke up last summer. She's still training (and even more hardcore), so I'm simply trying to puzzle out the motivation--is that she wants Adam to come back?

It can't possibly be that she just wants to be healthy and in shape, can it? That would be too simple.

• Love 6
(edited)

I believe while Carole was training last summer and perhaps even into the fall, although they weren't living together,  they were still having  "coffee." 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I believe while Carole was training last summer and perhaps even into the fall, although they weren't living together,  they were still having  "coffee." 

Yes but she started training after they broke up but before the "coffee" routine started. I suspect Carole was looking for something to help make her feel better about herself after the breakup, like many people (especially women) do.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes but she started training after they broke up but before the "coffee" routine started. I suspect Carole was looking for something to help make her feel better about herself after the breakup, like many people (especially women) do.

The "coffee routine?"   LOL   

You're right.  It's very possible she did it to make herself feel better but it's also possible she did it to try and win him back which apparently was somewhat successful.  She got the coffee routine. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There are worse ways to start your day than coffee. LOL.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, I think she wants Adam back.

She was with him for 3 years. She watched as he ran, biked, cliff jumped, swam, surfed, snowboarded, skateboarded, skiied and practiced yoga. She knew, (or thought she knew), that she was going to have to start some kind of physical activity to remain a relevant part of his world. Because being active is his world.  That, and food.  Which we know she also had no interest in. So she started running.Less chance of breaking a hip.

Imo, she's either still hoping to be with him or after she figured it wasnt working, realized she liked working out and is sticking to it.  Good for her.  But yeah, I think Adam was, and possibly still is, her main motivation for dragging her lazy butt to the gym every day.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6

Well, I do get the time share dog.  Especially if you travel a lot and it's a big deal knowing that the pet is going to be with someone who really cares about them rather than putting them in boarding.  Please....don't get me wrong.  I love my pets.  But I do know I agonize when I have to leave them.  And that's not often.  If I had to travel a lot???? 

On another note, I think the death of Anthony as well as John and Carolyn had a severe effect on Carole.  She was an ambitious career person who just 'changed'.  She chose to drop out in a sense.  I did like Carole in the beginning but as time as gone by, she's kind of lost me.  I have no problem with her SITC playbook but it was the mean girl who came out when she was with Beth.  Not cool....

• Love 5
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I do get the time share dog.  Especially if you travel a lot and it's a big deal knowing that the pet is going to be with someone who really cares about them rather than putting them in boarding.  Please....don't get me wrong.  I love my pets.  But I do know I agonize when I have to leave them.  And that's not often.  If I had to travel a lot???? 

On another note, I think the death of Anthony as well as John and Carolyn had a severe effect on Carole.  She was an ambitious career person who just 'changed'.  She chose to drop out in a sense.  I did like Carole in the beginning but as time as gone by, she's kind of lost me.  I have no problem with her SITC playbook but it was the mean girl who came out when she was with Beth.  Not cool....

I agree. The way that Carole and Bethenny went after Jules was really awful and uncalled for.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I agree. The way that Carole and Bethenny went after Jules was really awful and uncalled for.

It was one of the most disgusting things I have seen done on these shows and that's saying something.  They were the nastiest of middle school mean girls.  What they did was horrid.  Instead of trying to lift up a fellow woman who was in trouble and obviously in pain, they piled on picking at her for everything from her choice of home to how she eats.  I'll never be able to get past what those two did to Jules.

And yet, LuAnn still gets grief over asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps a hundred years ago!!  Go figure!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Normades said:

It was one of the most disgusting things I have seen done on these shows and that's saying something.  They were the nastiest of middle school mean girls.  What they did was horrid.  Instead of trying to lift up a fellow woman who was in trouble and obviously in pain, they piled on picking at her for everything from her choice of home to how she eats.  I'll never be able to get past what those two did to Jules.

And yet, LuAnn still gets grief over asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps a hundred years ago!!  Go figure!

Oh, LuAnn gets grief from me for more than that. Asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps was only a verbalization of her general condescending and pretentious demeanor. "Affluenza," if you will, which was especially egregious given that she didn't come from money in the first place. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

How is being asked to be called "Mrs." condescending and pretentious? Especially to a stranger she doesn't even know. He's not her buddy he's an employee. I call people Miss___, Ms.___,Mrs.___ or Mr.__ all of the time. And I make sure my child calls elders with their title even if using their first names (Miss Jennifer, Mr. Jason for example). I don't think showing people respect or asking for respect is a problem, the problem is the lack of manners and acting like everyone is on an equal footing in all situations. 

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

How is being asked to be called "Mrs." condescending and pretentious? Especially to a stranger she doesn't even know. He's not her buddy he's an employee. I call people Miss___, Ms.___,Mrs.___ or Mr.__ all of the time. And I make sure my child calls elders with their title even if using their first names (Miss Jennifer, Mr. Jason for example). I don't think showing people respect or asking for respect is a problem, the problem is the lack of manners and acting like everyone is on an equal footing in all situations. 

I get what you are saying, but I don't think that scene had anything to do with respect, it was about LuAnn feeling better than those she deemed below her. That driver wasn't employed by her, he was Bethenny's driver. She said, "When you introduce me to, like, a driver, you say Mrs. DeLesseps", meaning "the help," even if they are not hers, are not allowed to call her LuAnn.  It had nothing to do with him being a stranger to her. "The help" were not on her level in her world and that is the problem I had with it.

Rosie calling her "Mrs. D," is fine because she was LuAnn's employee and if that is what she told Rosie to call her, so be it.

• Love 8

Yes, Luann shouldn't be condemned for asking to be called "Mrs.", because if she would have given it three seconds more thought, she would have insisted on "Your Entitledness" "Countess".

Bethenny and Carole have been highly condemned in this forum for their treatment of Jules, and rightfully so.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I get what you are saying, but I don't think that scene had anything to do with respect, it was about LuAnn feeling better than those she deemed below her. That driver wasn't employed by her, he was Bethenny's driver. She said, "When you introduce me to, like, a driver, you say Mrs. DeLesseps", meaning "the help," even if they are not hers, are not allowed to call her LuAnn.  It had nothing to do with him being a stranger to her. "The help" were not on her level in her world and that is the problem I had with it.

Rosie calling her "Mrs. D," is fine because she was LuAnn's employee and if that is what she told Rosie to call her, so be it.

The thing that always gets me about that incident is that Luann never affords the driver the same courtesy. She didn't insist on calling him Mr. Last Name or even Mr. First Name. Manners exist to make people feel comfortable. Luann was using "manners" and "etiquette" as a way to reinforce her status.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

"Asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps was only a verbalization of her general condescending and pretentious demeanor." Meaning in general, she'd already come off as condescending and pretentious in other ways by the time that moment rolled around. I haven't watched season one in a cool minute, but if memory serves, I even think she told Bethenny first that she should be referred to as Countess DeLesseps then relented by saying "Mrs. DeLesseps" was fine, too. 

As @HunterHunted noted, LuAnn behaved that way to reinforce her status. That wasn't the first instance in the RHONY franchise, and it certainly wasn't the last instance she would in the RHONY franchise.  

• Love 8

I can't stand Carole, she is such a know it all, so full of herself. . Ugly as sin, and chews food in a disgusting way.  She would have loved a happily after with Adam if he would have been on board, but she knew that was not gonna happen long term. All her pretense about being the cool non possessive gf that doesn't even want him to move in, fake as fvck....

• Love 10