Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She sold the tv rights to the Widows Guide book and was “writing” a pilot and then it was never spoken of again. 

True, but this happens a lot. It took 10 years to turn The Snowman into a really terrible movie. Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books were optioned in the 70s and 80s, but finally became a garbage miniseries in 2004. I'm sure you've heard of the Black List (not the tv show, but the list of the best unproduced scripts). That nothing came of Widow's Guide is more typical than not.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

True, but this happens a lot. It took 10 years to turn The Snowman into a really terrible movie. Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books were optioned in the 70s and 80s, but finally became a garbage miniseries in 2004. I'm sure you've heard of the Black List (not the tv show, but the list of the best unproduced scripts). That nothing came of Widow's Guide is more typical than not.

Yes I am aware it’s typical, it just never actually got to her writing shit because she sucks.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Usually Bravo waits until after the reunion airs to announce that a housewife isn't coming back unless she skips or does something egregious. Adrienne was announced before the reunion because she skipped. Wig and Phaedra were announced after. I think they would have loved to have Kristen back, but she wasn't going subject her crumbling marriage to that. For the most part, it seems like if a housewife says she's leaving before the reunion it's probably or mostly her choice.

I agree.  And that's why I think Carole is leaving on her own.  I also don't see any reason why they wouldn't ask her back.  IMO, Beth doesn't have as much 'pull' as she used to.  I loved during this episode that when Beth declared she was crying hysterically and Carole ignored her.  Then Carole says she didn't know she was crying and Beth looked away from her when Carole said she was leaving.  Productions flashbacks to scene.  Beth was wrong.  Carole had what really happened right. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes I am aware it’s typical, it just never actually got to her writing shit because she sucks.

Do we know that she never wrote the script? Maybe she wrote it and they passed on it because it sucked, it didn't fit with what the studio or network wanted to do, or it was too similar to something else the studio was producing. Around the time Widow was optioned, Bravo was about to air Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce. Maybe the studio thought whatever Carole produced was too similar and dropped it.

• Love 5
(edited)

We don't know if Carole wrote the script or not.  We do know that getting her to meet deadlines for her last book and even for the Cosmo fluff essay wasn't easy for her editors

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

We don't know if Carole wrote the script or not.  We do know that getting her to meet deadlines for her last book and even for the Cosmo fluff essay wasn't easy for her editors

I'll agree with that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Evelyn was her ghost writer for the script.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, AnnA said:

I wonder if Carole said anything about leaving when they were taping the reunion.  They taped on Tuesday and she made her announcement on Wednesday.   Bravo has to be pissed.   Knowing that she's leaving will change how viewers react to the last two episodes and to the reunion.   Anything Carole says now is irrelevant.  No one cares because she's leaving. 

If the cast knew while they were taping, it had to impact their dynamic.  Have you noticed that it's had an effect on our forum?    The discussions have been less contentious.   Posters are making jokes instead of sniping.   It's a much happier friendlier place this week. 

I’ve noticed that also.  There has been a lightness in the forums.  I’m just happy that I won’t see her talking heads bashing everyone, then laughing.  She just came across as snooty, because she married Royalty and knew J. Kennedy, jr. and Carolyn.  Speculating here .. maybe she didn’t like the way Reunion Part 1 went Tuesday and called it a day after thinking about it all night.  Who knows. I can’t imagine what she would have to talk about at the reunion.  Uncomfortable, to say the least.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’ve noticed that also.  There has been a lightness in the forums.  I’m just happy that I won’t see her talking heads bashing everyone, then laughing.  She just came across as snooty, because she married Royalty and knew J. Kennedy, jr. and Carolyn.  Speculating here .. maybe she didn’t like the way Reunion Part 1 went Tuesday and called it a day after thinking about it all night.  Who knows. I can’t imagine what she would have to talk about at the reunion.  Uncomfortable, to say the least.  

I am torn on the personal decision over having enough/forced out debate. I think it could be a little of both. Maybe she thought she had enough leverage at this point to be included in casting decisions for next year (Beth out, possibly Luanne out), found out that wasn’t going to happen and bailed. Maybe the tone at the reunion was not what she expected and bailed. Maybe she is just sick of it and bailed. Maybe she trying to use bailing as a negotiating tool for something else (my guess would be a travel show starting her and Adam). Who knows. I find the idea that Bethany was the sole factor a little suspect. It’s not like Carole hasn’t had ugly conflict before. I’m guessing it’s a combo of the Bethany fight/Bravo not giving her something else she wanted/finding out at the reunion she might not have come across as nobly as she wanted to this season/being too old for this shit.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Usually Bravo waits until after the reunion airs to announce that a housewife isn't coming back unless she skips or does something egregious. Adrienne was announced before the reunion because she skipped. Wig and Phaedra were announced after. I think they would have loved to have Kristen back, but she wasn't going subject her crumbling marriage to that. For the most part, it seems like if a housewife says she's leaving before the reunion it's probably or mostly her choice.

I wondered about that.  On WWHL Ramona was sucking up to Carole like her paycheck depended on it when Andy asked Team B/Team C.  Then Andy asked what she thought of Carole announcing she was leaving.  It was a flash across Ramona’s face like it was really happening and she picked the wrong team.  If I get bored I’m going to look for that episode to see it in slowmo.

• Love 4

@FozzyBear I don't think Carole was delusional enough to think she had enough leverage to force Bethenny out. She didn't even have enough leverage to force Luann out. I really think she really found Bethenny so nasty and manipulative that it wasn't worth it. And she'd seen how nasty Bethenny could be and realized she had another couple of years of Bethenny screaming in her face about everything.

9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I wondered about that.  On WWHL Ramona was sucking up to Carole like her paycheck depended on it when Andy asked Team B/Team C.  Then Andy asked what she thought of Carole announcing she was leaving.  It was a flash across Ramona’s face like it was really happening and she picked the wrong team.  If I get bored I’m going to look for that episode to see it in slowmo.

I don't think Ramona thinks she's backed the wrong team. I think Ramona knows just how badly Bethenny likely came off especially because Bethenny is nakedly courting Sonja and Luann, two people Bethenny has denigrated up, down left, right, and center. I think this is the remaining women creating a campaign to show that Bethenny is a manipulative liar who runs everyone off. This is them trying to reframe the situation and ice her out of next season or run her off.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think this is the remaining women creating a campaign to show that Bethenny is a manipulative liar who runs everyone off

Tinsley, Dorinda and Ramona running Bethenny off.  Ok.  I don’t see it .  Tinsley can’t run off her own make up.  Dorinda would need to stop drinking to do it.  Ramona is working with a pretty weak team there.  But if she’s dumb enough to think the three of them can do it I’ll watch.

• Love 10

My gut feeling is that Carole was tired of fighting with Bethenny and disappointed that the viewers didn't side with her (Carole) in big enough numbers.  

• Love 10

For the last few years now, I've been wondering why Carole was still on the show--she brought virtually nothing, season after season.  Aviva's starting the whole Ghostgate brouhaha was a huge gift to Carole.  I think she has Aviva to thank for at least one season's paycheck.  My guess was that Andy couldn't figure out how to fire her, with all the constant talk about what great friends they were.  And then finally, given all the Bethenny strife, a graceful way out presented itself.  She was told she could claim she was leaving for greener pastures and not have to suffer the humiliation of being fired and Andy would look like the nice guy who wouldn't can his good friend.  Face saving for both of them.  The way it happens in politics all the time.  JMO.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I am torn on the personal decision over having enough/forced out debate. I think it could be a little of both. Maybe she thought she had enough leverage at this point to be included in casting decisions for next year (Beth out, possibly Luanne out), found out that wasn’t going to happen and bailed. Maybe the tone at the reunion was not what she expected and bailed. Maybe she is just sick of it and bailed. Maybe she trying to use bailing as a negotiating tool for something else (my guess would be a travel show starting her and Adam). Who knows. I find the idea that Bethany was the sole factor a little suspect. It’s not like Carole hasn’t had ugly conflict before. I’m guessing it’s a combo of the Bethany fight/Bravo not giving her something else she wanted/finding out at the reunion she might not have come across as nobly as she wanted to this season/being too old for this shit.

Do you think she has enough clout to leverage a solo show? I don’t believe she was ever popular enough to even pull off a buddy show. Maybe if Heather had stuck around and they had built a strong enough allegiance but Carole on her own would put many people to sleep.

• Love 6
(edited)

I only remember Bethenny yelling "read it" at Carole about the texts.   Other than that I can't recall Bethenny ever "screaming in her face."   Their discussions/arguments were quite civilized as HW confrontations go.

I still think Carole's leaving has a lot to do with Adam.    I believe she wants Adam back but knows that  would be difficult if not impossible for him now that he's been labeled an operator on national TV.  Maybe Bravo refused to film him and/or pay him for coffee visits.   

I'd really love to know why she announced her departure before the reunion aired.   That was a slap in the face for Bravo and there has to be a reason she broke protocol.     That said, I should thank her.    This forum has been a happier place since she announced her departure. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Tinsley, Dorinda and Ramona running Bethenny off.  Ok.  I don’t see it .  Tinsley can’t run off her own make up.  Dorinda would need to stop drinking to do it.  Ramona is working with a pretty weak team there.  But if she’s dumb enough to think the three of them can do it I’ll watch.

I’m banking on Ramona trying to push B out. That will be fun but after all these years of watching her I think she will roll over and ask B for a belly rub.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Maybe Carole and Adam are getting married and adopting a baby and moving uptown.  Stranger things have happened, lol.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, bagger said:

I’m banking on Ramona trying to push B out. That will be fun but after all these years of watching her I think she will roll over and ask B for a belly rub.

Oh I agree.  I’m tuning in for it.  Dang, imagine a sober Luann.  Even falling in the bushes she can cut a bitch.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I think they've stopped treating this like a gentlewoman's game. They seen just calculating and noxious she was with Carole. Do I think they could actually force her out? No. I think they are committed to not letting her get comfortable in her spot. This is no quarter given. They want her to be so uncomfortable next season and with whoever they bring in that she'll be a snappish unpleasant shrew the entire time. I think they are going to try to make it miserable enough that Bethenny won't think it's worth it. Kind of like what just happened with Wig on Atlanta.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I only remember Bethenny yelling "read it" at Carole about the texts.   Other than that I can't recall Bethenny ever "screaming in her face."   Their discussions/arguments were quite civilized as HW confrontations go.

Beth also yelled, “I know you want to be 40-something, but don’t act like you’re seven!” (paraphrasing)

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Oh I agree.  I’m tuning in for it.  Dang, imagine a sober Luann.  Even falling in the bushes she can cut a bitch.

Lol!!! Dorinda is treturous so her allegiance will be up in the air and Tinsley will try to play nice. Just in speculation alone next season looks like it will be a doozy. I have to say that this is the first time I’m this franchise that I’ve seen lines so clearly drawn between one group and the other.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

S15.Ep122 original air date 7/25/18 Ramona appeared with Meghan McCain. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think they've stopped treating this like a gentlewoman's game. They seen just calculating and noxious she was with Carole. Do I think they could actually force her out? No. I think they are committed to not letting her get comfortable in her spot. This is no quarter given. They want her to be so uncomfortable next season and with whoever they bring in that she'll be a snappish unpleasant shrew the entire time. I think they are going to try to make it miserable enough that Bethenny won't think it's worth it. Kind of like what just happened with Wig on Atlanta.

I stopped watching Atlanta a long time ago but just from memory nene and kandy alone are a force to be reckoned with. The wig never stood a chance with them. Ramona and Dorinda are no nene and kandy and Bethenny surely is no wig. If they’re hoping for a similar outcome I’m first in line with my popcorn and my pino! 

Bring it on Ramona!!!

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carole just posted an image of Adam holding Baby and Adam on her IG story that  said "Baby and Baby Daddy, same haircut." 

So thirsty and pathetic. Blech.

Adam has a baby???? 

12 hours ago, AnnA said:

And thus is the world of publishing. I’m not in book publishing, but I am an editor in the communications and publications group at my company. It’s a part of the job that you will end up wrangling with the writer you’re working with, as frustrating as that is. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, bagger said:

Do you think she has enough clout to leverage a solo show? I don’t believe she was ever popular enough to even pull off a buddy show. Maybe if Heather had stuck around and they had built a strong enough allegiance but Carole on her own would put many people to sleep.

I don’t think she does, but I can see her thinking she did and being disappointed if it didn’t happen.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth also yelled, “I know you want to be 40-something, but don’t act like you’re seven!” (Paraphrasing)

Yes she did.   However, I don't consider that "screaming in her face."    The HWs are usually yelling about something, so that wasn't particularly outrageous.

11 minutes ago, bagger said:

Lol!!! Dorinda is treturous so her allegiance will be up in the air and Tinsley will try to play nice. Just in speculation alone next season looks like it will be a doozy. I have to say that this is the first time I’m this franchise that I’ve seen lines so clearly drawn between one group and the other.

The group dynamic may not be what you're thinking right now.  I think we were given a clue last week.   The scene with the OGs was well received by the fans.   The only one who has to decide where she'll be is Ramona. 

ETA:   I'll bet that scene bothered Carole when she saw it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carole just posted an image of Adam holding Baby and Adam on her IG story that  said "Baby and Baby Daddy, same haircut." 

So thirsty and pathetic. Blech.

Lol. That isn’t Adam.

733AD36B-E7A1-4EC1-8A56-1278E456278D.jpeg

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I don’t think she does, but I can see her thinking she did and being disappointed if it didn’t happen.

I’m no fan but I can see where she might be interesting but she’s just so seemingly unaffected (some have said to cool for school) that she doesn’t make me want to warm up to her. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bagger said:

I’m no fan but I can see where she might be interesting but she’s just so seemingly unaffected (some have said to cool for school) that she doesn’t make me want to warm up to her. 

I wonder if she might irritate me less on a solo show. I do think she has an interesting life story, but she bugs me in group dynamics. For me the smug, mocking tone she can take with people she doesn’t like overrides anything else in her personality. But I could also see that she’s not a big group person (I’m not) so maybe she would be more relaxed and more likeable on a solo show. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes she did.   However, I don't consider that "screaming I her face."    The HWs are usually yelling about something,so that wasn't particularly outrageous.

The group dynamic may not be what your thinking right now.  I think we were give a clue last week.   The scene with the OGs was well received by the fans.   The only one who has to decide where she'll be is Ramona. 

I think Ramona got a taste this season for putting Bethenny in her place. I think she will mount an all out campaign to take the top dog spot.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

I wonder if she might irritate me less on a solo show. I do think she has an interesting life story, but she bugs me in group dynamics. For me the smug, mocking tone she can take with people she doesn’t like overrides anything else in her personality. But I could also see that she’s not a big group person (I’m not) so maybe she would be more relaxed and more likeable on a solo show. 

Maybe, I’m ok not finding out though.

youre right group settings definitely do not work in her favor.

2 minutes ago, bagger said:

I stopped watching Atlanta a long time ago but just from memory nene and kandy alone are a force to be reckoned with. The wig never stood a chance with them. Ramona and Dorinda are no nene and kandy and Bethenny surely is no wig. If they’re hoping for a similar outcome I’m first in line with my popcorn and my pino! 

Bring it on Ramona!!!

It was mostly just Kandi and it's a model for how to marginalize Bethenny. She just read her to filth. She talked about how Wig wouldn't engage with them, would come in there talk shit about them, and then leave. She said that Wig wasn't a friend of theirs; she was a fan standing back from a distance making snide comments from a distance. This basically describes Bethenny for the past couple of years. She shows up, talks shit, is miserable, and tries to leave early.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bagger said:

I think Ramona got a taste this season for putting Bethenny in her place. I think she will mount an all out campaign to take the top dog spot.

She’ll lose, but it would be fun to watch her try. I don’t think she’ll have Lu there (at least not full time) to help... and I think Lu would side with B at this point. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It was mostly just Kandi and it's a model for how to marginalize Bethenny. She just read her to filth. She talked about how Wig wouldn't engage with them, would come in there talk shit about them, and then leave. She said that Wig wasn't a friend of theirs; she was a fan standing back from a distance making snide comments from a distance. This basically describes Bethenny for the past couple of years. She shows up, talks shit, is miserable, and tries to leave early.

I love kandy, I’m sure all of that was said in her monotone voice. There’s a chick that has never been scared to read Those other broads and I think Ramona has some of that in her but she’s too insecure to fully follow through 

Edited by bagger
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, bagger said:

Maybe but if they label themselves the OGs like they did last week, Ramona won't be able to resist being part of that group.   Siding with Slurinda the Spitter and Tinsel Girl against the OGs isn't the smart move.   Ramona may be ditzy but she's not stupid.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

My prediction - Carole will never have her own show

She's boring, unattractive, too old and way too lazy to do the work involved with having her own show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I've seen no indication that Carole thinks or wants her own show. Her first  seasons? Yes. Now? Absolutely not. Even in her fights with Bethenny, others have had to push her to confront Bethenny until now. She's been comfortable being in the backseat for many seasons.

I think Ramona and Dorinda will be gunning for Bethenny next season. I think Bethenny will find herself incapable of staying loyal to either Sonja and Luann for the whole season.

• Love 8

Yeah, Ramona doesn’t give two shits. That walk along and dress down she gave Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge is indicative of how Ramona kills a fly with a blow torch.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Their discussions/arguments were quite civilized as HW confrontations go.

Frankel  age shaming Carole was as ugly as she's ever been, imo; the insults Frankel throws are usually steeped in misogyny (slut shaming, shaming Jules over an eating disorder, diminishing and undermining her castmate's accomplishments) but to add age shaming to that list is a new low, even for Bethy the bully. 

I still think Carole's leaving has a lot to do with Adam.   

I think she left because she finally saw who Frankel really is -- an unstable woman who was going to hound Radziwill next season even more relentlessly than she did this season -- and who needs that shit?  Radiziwill doesn't have to endure Frankel spitting her narc rage,  manufactured drama, and vicious insults all over her -- unlike Sonja and Luann (both of whom Frankel has attacked in the most savage ways) or Ramona (who will be forced to return to her lair in middle earth should she ever leave the show) Radziwill has options when it comes to her work life.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

Frankel  age shaming Carole was as ugly as she's ever been, imo; the insults Frankel throws are usually steeped in misogyny (slut shaming, shaming Jules over an eating disorder, diminishing and undermining her castmate's accomplishments) but to add age shaming to that list is a new low, even for Bethy the bully. 

I think she left because she finally saw who Frankel really is -- an unstable woman who was going to hound Radziwill next season even more relentlessly than she did this season -- and who needs that shit?  Radiziwill doesn't have to endure Frankel spitting her narc rage,  manufactured drama, and vicious insults all over her -- unlike Sonja and Luann (both of whom Frankel has attacked in the most savage ways) or Ramona (who will be forced to return to her lair in middle earth should she ever leave the show) Radziwill has options when it comes to her work life.

Let's just agree to disagree.  

S10 of RHONY wrapped and Carole Radziwill is no longer a HW.

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Carol comments on her reasons for leaving in Page Six.  I posted the link and comment about it on the Housewives in Media thread. 

I  wonder how much of that is true.   I'm sure Carole isn't telling us the whole story. 

2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why are there two unattached owners?

Actually, there are three owners.  They "share" the dog.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Adam has a baby???? 

The dog they share betweeen I think 3 people total, named Baby, just like her six cats. As a writer, she really dug deep there. 

As a side note, I cringed so hard for her when she got all of those animals while with Adam and named them all baby. It made me sad for her and I wanted to shake her and say, dude! Keep this part of your psyche private man!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4