Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Oh, LuAnn gets grief from me for more than that. Asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps was only a verbalization of her general condescending and pretentious demeanor. "Affluenza," if you will, which was especially egregious given that she didn't come from money in the first place. 

I get that LuAnn has been pretentious and condescending over the years, but I believe she has changed quite a bit for the better.  She's not as worried about the whole "countess" thing and, yes, I know she is not a countess anymore. It just seems like some of her stupid, cringe worthy statements get brought up ad nauseum when we have Carole and Bethenney going full on horrible mean girl on a person who was obviously suffering. B admits she has had/seen issues with food, yet she had no empathy for Jules at all.  She couldn't even work up enough humanity to just leave the woman alone.  She continually poked at someone who was treading water and trying to raise two small children.  All of that happened a short time ago.  LuAnn and the driver happened about ten years ago.  I don't think LuAnn seems like a malicious person, but I do think both B and Carole are.  For all of her annoying qualities (Tom) I don't think she really tries to hurt other people.  She even sat back and let B eviscerate her without returning fire.  I don't see LuAnn as having affluenza, but her humble beginnings don't negate the fact that the girl was able to climb pretty high socially and gain entrance to a group of  exclusive people.  She apparently schooled herself on proper etiquette and how to dress and interact with the socially elite.  I think that's a pretty cool accomplishment for a girl from a small town.  Her humble beginnings are another issue people like to use to take a shot at her.  She seems pretty open and proud of her family and her beginnings, which to me is pretty cool.  I find affluenza egregious whether someone comes from money or not.

I think LuAnn keeps it moving and doesn't try to lift herself up by bringing others down.  If B and Carole were still friends they would still be saying nasty things about other people.  Remember their awful remarks about John (I can't believe Dorinda gives that a pass)?   I'll just never understand the level of forgive and forget people have with B and Carole.  I'll never forget their actions toward Jules (and a few others).  For me, they are unforgivable. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I get that LuAnn has been pretentious and condescending over the years, but I believe she has changed quite a bit for the better.  She's not as worried about the whole "countess" thing and, yes, I know she is not a countess anymore. It just seems like some of her stupid, cringe worthy statements get brought up ad nauseum when we have Carole and Bethenney going full on horrible mean girl on a person who was obviously suffering. B admits she has had/seen issues with food, yet she had no empathy for Jules at all.  She couldn't even work up enough humanity to just leave the woman alone.  She continually poked at someone who was treading water and trying to raise two small children.  All of that happened a short time ago.  LuAnn and the driver happened about ten years ago.  I don't think LuAnn seems like a malicious person, but I do think both B and Carole are.  For all of her annoying qualities (Tom) I don't think she really tries to hurt other people.  She even sat back and let B eviscerate her without returning fire.  I don't see LuAnn as having affluenza, but her humble beginnings don't negate the fact that the girl was able to climb pretty high socially and gain entrance to a group of  exclusive people.  She apparently schooled herself on proper etiquette and how to dress and interact with the socially elite.  I think that's a pretty cool accomplishment for a girl from a small town.  Her humble beginnings are another issue people like to use to take a shot at her.  She seems pretty open and proud of her family and her beginnings, which to me is pretty cool.  I find affluenza egregious whether someone comes from money or not.

I think LuAnn keeps it moving and doesn't try to lift herself up by bringing others down.  If B and Carole were still friends they would still be saying nasty things about other people.  Remember their awful remarks about John (I can't believe Dorinda gives that a pass)?   I'll just never understand the level of forgive and forget people have with B and Carole.  I'll never forget their actions toward Jules (and a few others).  For me, they are unforgivable. 

For me, first impressions are lasting impressions. Affluenza is egregious whether someone comes from money or not, however, the reason why it bothers me with LuAnn is that she knows what it means to come from a working class background or humble beginnings. To then turn your nose up at someone who occupies the space you once occupied? It's all around ridiculous. She is still very much the same woman she was 10 years ago, just this time falling into bushes on camera after getting sloshed. LuAnn is still condescending. LuAnn is still pretentious. LuAnn still thinks that she is the sun and everything orbits around her. She thought she'd won the ultimate prize with Tom and had expectations that people should throw confetti as a result. This, too, was a (very) short time ago. Also, LuAnn "letting" Bethenny eviscerate her wasn't about LuAnn being gracious or having turned over a new leaf. These woman are always jockeying for position and trying to figure out who might be the HW to ally with in any given season. LuAnn was hedging her bets there. Because LuAnn is the same woman who called another woman a "pedafile" for dating a man in his late 20s (largely, I'm guessing, because LuAnn thought she had the upper hand there). Again, this was a short time ago.

And I know I keep seeing people talk about Carole in relation to Jules, but if memory serves me correctly, I think the big issue was between Jules and Bethenny's treatment of Jules. Bethenny acted as though Jules' eating disorder was about her and the life she had with her own mother. However, because Carole was friends with Bethenny at the time, it's turned into something where Bethenny and Carole were horrible to Jules. Jules was OK with Carole when it was the two of them but didn't like the fact that Carole stayed quiet when Bethenny was Bethenny-ing. However, the bulk of that horrible treatment was 99% on Bethenny.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, HunterHunted said:

The thing that always gets me about that incident is that Luann never affords the driver the same courtesy. She didn't insist on calling him Mr. Last Name or even Mr. First Name. Manners exist to make people feel comfortable. Luann was using "manners" and "etiquette" as a way to reinforce her status.

Well, technically it was Bethenny who didn't afford the driver the consideration of a "Mr. Last Name," since she introduced the two.  I never understood why B thought she needed to introduce Luann to him at all, it's not like they were going out socially.  He's the driver, he's there for his job, not to socialize.  He was probably thinking "get in the car!"

Yeah, Luann could have demanded to know his last name, but did she ever even use his name?  She said Hi....which was all that was required.  She didn't ignore him, which was good.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

He's the driver, he's there for his job, not to socialize.  He was probably thinking "get in the car!"

No he was a friend of Bethenny’s and was doing her a favor. B actually said that in a TH. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No he was a friend of Bethenny’s and was doing her a favor. B actually said that in a TH. 

He was a driver that she had used before, not a 'friend" that she hung out with. LOL

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Well, technically it was Bethenny who didn't afford the driver the consideration of a "Mr. Last Name," since she introduced the two.  I never understood why B thought she needed to introduce Luann to him at all, it's not like they were going out socially.  He's the driver, he's there for his job, not to socialize.  He was probably thinking "get in the car!"

Yeah, Luann could have demanded to know his last name, but did she ever even use his name?  She said Hi....which was all that was required.  She didn't ignore him, which was good.

I think Bethenny gave his first name. Luann still could have done the "Hello Mr. First Name" or "Nice to meet you sir." If courtesy was truly important to Luann, she had options to semi-reciprocate in a somewhat equivalent fashion.  She didn't.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Bethenny gave his first name. Luann still could have done the "Hello Mr. First Name" or "Nice to meet you sir." If courtesy was truly important to Luann, she had options to semi-reciprocate in a somewhat equivalent fashion.  She didn't.

I hear you, though I don't agree that her not using the man's name is an indication of a lack of courtesy.  I don't ask cab drivers their names.....She didn't act ignore him, that's enough for me considering the circumstances (he was driving her someplace, she'd never met him and probably never would again).

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I hear you, though I don't agree that her not using the man's name is an indication of a lack of courtesy.  I don't ask cab drivers their names.....She didn't act ignore him, that's enough for me considering the circumstances (he was driving her someplace, she'd never met him and probably never would again).

I don't ask them their names either. But if one is the type of person that feels strongly that the cab driver address you as "sir" or "ma'am," then you've got to be willing to do the same for them. Those are manners. That's etiquette. This what courtesy is about. Luann is allegedly that person who cares about these things, but in this instance the courtesy was unidirectional. That suggests that she doesn't care so much about courtesy as she does about status.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't ask them their names either. But if one is the type of person that feels strongly that the cab driver address you as "sir" or "ma'am," then you've got to be willing to do the same for them. Those are manners. That's etiquette. This what courtesy is about. Luann is allegedly that person who cares about these things, but in this instance the courtesy was unidirectional. That suggests that she doesn't care so much about courtesy as she does about status.

But she didn't tell/or correct the driver on what to call her, she told Bethenny how she should have been introduced and other than saying "Hello", she didn't talk to the driver. Now, had Luann asked him his name, told him how to address her while using his first name, then that would fit your scenario and I would agree but that isn't what happened.

• Love 5

But as I recall, LuAnn (and eventually both of them, once she started the topic) seemed to be talking about how the driver should've been instructed to address her as if he weren't a fully functioning adult in the same small space with them, able to hear every word that was spoken, which was possibly the rudest part of the whole scenario.  Who does that?  LuAnn was pretty insufferable back in those days.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

But as I recall, LuAnn (and eventually both of them, once she started the topic) seemed to be talking about how the driver should've been instructed to address her as if he weren't a fully functioning adult in the same small space with them, able to hear every word that was spoken, which was possibly the rudest part of the whole scenario.  Who does that?  LuAnn was pretty insufferable back in those days.

They were whispering to each other in the back seat of a very large SUV limo. I doubt the driver heard either of them, that is until he watched the episode because you know he did watch just to see himself on camera. LOL Yes, Luann was pretty snooty back then which is why I suspect Bethenny introduced her to the driver like she did, she knew Luann would not be happy and would react in some way guaranteed to get her/them more camera time. LOL (The car rides back then included a camera guy & producer and did not normally make it past editing unless something salacious happened)

• Love 3

Carole's quirky sense of humor. (see search criteria at top of image)

I tried to find the comment on this post that I saw earlier, but I either just didn't see it, or it was removed, but someone asked why she tagged everyone but Bethenny, and Carole responded by saying "because she blocked me months ago".

Thought that was interesting.

Screenshot (106).png

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bethenny, and Carole responded by saying "because she blocked me months ago".

Thought that was interesting.

Bethenny blocked all of them but Sonja awhile ago.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mozelle said:

And I know I keep seeing people talk about Carole in relation to Jules, but if memory serves me correctly, I think the big issue was between Jules and Bethenny's treatment of Jules. Bethenny acted as though Jules' eating disorder was about her and the life she had with her own mother. However, because Carole was friends with Bethenny at the time, it's turned into something where Bethenny and Carole were horrible to Jules. Jules was OK with Carole when it was the two of them but didn't like the fact that Carole stayed quiet when Bethenny was Bethenny-ing. However, the bulk of that horrible treatment was 99% on Bethenny.

I recall Carole sitting right next to Bethenny talking about how thin Jules was and how it was difficult to watch her eat.  Whether the words came from Bethenny or Carole, they were equal   participants in the conversation. Carole was also right there with Bethenny coming into Jules home, talking about how awful it was and pointing out embarrassing things to help ensure the camera didn't miss them.  It was obvious that Jules was in a bad place, but she was an easy target and those mean girls smelled prey.  Part of me wonders if they were jealous that Jules was so thin.  They both place so much value on being skinny,  I guess our memories see it differently.

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

They were whispering to each other in the back seat of a very large SUV limo. I doubt the driver heard either of them, that is until he watched the episode because you know he did watch just to see himself on camera. LOL Yes, Luann was pretty snooty back then which is why I suspect Bethenny introduced her to the driver like she did, she knew Luann would not be happy and would react in some way guaranteed to get her/them more camera time. LOL (The car rides back then included a camera guy & producer and did not normally make it past editing unless something salacious happened)

I also doubt that he would have ever heard them under normal circumstances.  As far as whispering in his presence as if he was not a fully functioning adult, apparently it is acceptable for Bethenny and Carole to whisper at a dinner table one seat down from Jules who was supposed to be a friend, but heaven forbid someone whisper their preference in how they are addressed by someone's employee.  I also think it makes more sense for Lu to discuss the issue with Beth than with the driver because pretentious or not, he was acting as Beth's employee.  Both Dorinda and Sonja have told the other women not to give instructions to their staff (Dorinda with her housekeeper and Sonja with Conner), but it's Lu who treats staff as if they aren't fully functioning adults.

• Love 2
On 7/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, WireWrap said:

He was a driver that she had used before, not a 'friend" that she hung out with. LOL

I thought she said on that episode that he was a driver that Jason used a lot and Jason had given her the car and driver for the night. I don’t understand why everyone is upset about that? She even said it on the episode. (BTW- I don’t think you, Wirewrap, are upset, I’m asking for clarification because you’ve been here longer than me). 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I thought she said on that episode that he was a driver that Jason used a lot and Jason had given her the car and driver for the night. I don’t understand why everyone is upset about that? She even said it on the episode. (BTW- I don’t think you, Wirewrap, are upset, I’m asking for clarification because you’ve been here longer than me). 

No problem. LOL My point was that the driver and Bethenny were not "friends", they didn't hang out together, have in depth talks about their lives/feelings, do things friends do together and some here were claiming they were real friends. And, because of that, Luann isn't off base/snobby wanting to be introduced in a more formal manner. At that time, Luann and Bethenny were living in 2 very different worlds, the hustling girl wanting to make a name for herself and a wife/mother that was still a part of European nobility (faux as it was/is) who was accustomed to being addressed in a certain manner/style. Now, Luann would have no problem with being introduced as just "Luann" because she is no longer in that world/lifestyle and Bethenny want's an intro that shows her newish status. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2018 at 2:28 PM, Rap541 said:

People who need support animals usually need them all the time. I call bull shit on Adam's claims. It's assholes like Adam who make it ten times more difficult for people with real need to receive accomadations. He's an asshole of the worst kind. 

I can’t agree more. I have a friend who is blind and has a guide dog. He NEEDS a service animal as the dog is his “eyes”. There are others who legitimately need real, trained, certified service animals for legitimate physical and/or emotional reasons. I am so, so tired of the growing dependence on “emotional support animals” and “safe spaces” vs figuring out how to deal with life from us privileged 1st world people.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I can’t agree more. I have a friend who is blind and has a guide dog. He NEEDS a service animal as the dog is his “eyes”. There are others who legitimately need real, trained, certified service animals for legitimate physical and/or emotional reasons. I am so, so tired of the growing dependence on “emotional support animals” and “safe spaces” vs figuring out how to deal with life from us privileged 1st world people.

The most frustrating thing is that people like Adam and his faux "needs" diminish the people who have a legit need for emotional support service animals, in others eyes. There are people who legit need it.

This reminds me of when my child was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder.) My doctor told me that if they still gave the diagnosis of Aspergers that would be his diagnosis. But they stopped giving the diagnosis, because every socially awkward, highly intelligent nerd was self diagnosing or being diagnosed by mom. I think part if the reason it was dropped is because it diminished the real challenges people, even on the high end if the spectrum, face.

People like Adam do the same thing with their claims to "need" service dogs.

• Love 9
On 7/10/2018 at 8:55 AM, Mozelle said:

Oh, LuAnn gets grief from me for more than that. Asking to be called Mrs. DeLesseps was only a verbalization of her general condescending and pretentious demeanor. "Affluenza," if you will, which was especially egregious given that she didn't come from money in the first place. 

Another point is that Bethany and Carole still get crap for what they did. As does Lu. Other people being awful doesn't absolve Lu from being awful. 

Also, she wore what was essentially blackface. Her excuses are crap. I don't see that brought up nearly enough. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I really like Carole's redecorated apartment: https://thezhush.com/home-tour-carole-radziwills-renovated/

I can't recall if it has been established - was this the apartment she shared with Anthony?  I don't *think it is but I wasn't sure.

No comparison to the old decor.  Imo, it previously looked like an inherited apartment, filled with eclectic, inherited furnishings.  It now has a much warmer, organized look, modern without being stuffy.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5

The revamped decor of her place really has grown on me, the living room especially—-and I admittedly *adored* the warm, modern chic of how her place first looked on the show and then its first slight revamp(‘juj-ging up’, as she said) especially the pre-kitten scratched leopard couch; it didn’t scream ‘single middle-aged lady’ to me and seemed to have a nice balance of masculine/feminine energy with a funky edge.

But this is a nice softer home palette and seems far more calm and zen as well. Love the cute little b&w kitchen and her upstairs closet/dressing room! The only thing I’m still not as keen on is her bedroom; it doesn’t feel as sophisticated as the rest of the apartment and almost feels a bit too teen girlish with the pink/floral accents. Maybe it looks better in person?

• Love 1

Visually, I love the stairway up to the bedroom. Practically, I could never trust myself to not fall off of it.  I mean, it's lovely. But I would kill myself on it.

• Love 10
Just now, Rap541 said:

Visually, I love the stairway up to the bedroom. Practically, I could never trust myself to not fall off of it.  I mean, it's lovely. But I would kill myself on it.

If you're referring to the "floating" stairway, I agree that I couldn't use it.  It gives me anxiety just seeing it on the tube.  

• Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

That’s not her bedroom it’s her closet. Her bedroom is on the main level. 

Still think the blue velvet banquette looks cheap.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Since the flavor of her home is semi masculine and neutral perhaps she went pink in her bedroom on purpose. It might have been different when she was married to Anthony but the memories were hard on her having shared it with him so she went feminine and very different. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That’s not her bedroom it’s her closet. Her bedroom is on the main level. 

Still think the blue velvet banquette looks cheap.

I believe her closet is up those crazy stairs. LOL

• Love 1

I don't think it's the apartment she shared with Anthony:

Almost unthinkably, three weeks later, Anthony died in hospital, Carole lying next to him. With her closest confidantes, John and Carolyn, already gone, to whom did she turn for support? ‘I am a loner,’ she confesses. ‘I don’t process things with big groups of friends, I do it on my own.’

However, she admits now, her coping method should not be a blueprint. ‘I did everything wrong – I quit ABC, I sold our apartment; all the things they say don’t do, I did them.’ Eventually, she left New York for Oregon on the Pacific Northwest coast, rented a run-down cottage and began writing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2405821/Manhattan-royalty-Carole-Radziwill-true-love-tragedy-taking-new-opportunities.html

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If you're referring to the "floating" stairway, I agree that I couldn't use it.  It gives me anxiety just seeing it on the tube.  

That stairway stresses me out! I can see why it is open for aesthetics. I love the little banquette, but I agree that the colour is a bit too dark. Love her bedroom with the window seat. The colour of her sofa is gorgeous and I would really love that in my living room!

I think that an answer to the stairs, to keep the open look would be to use that clear material like they use on balconeys.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think the staircase is just so that it doesn’t take up more of a visual or physical footprint in the main living space. When Tinsley was apartment hunting last season Carole took her to an apartment in the building with a similiar floor plan and their solution to reach that space was a spiral staircase.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think the staircase is just so that it doesn’t take up more of a visual or physical footprint in the main living space. When Tinsley was apartment hunting last season Carole took her to an apartment in the building with a similiar floor plan and their solution to reach that space was a spiral staircase.

Spiral staircases can look nice but make me dizzy. 

I do love Carole's apartment and if I was a single gal I would be quite cozy in that space!

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Spiral staircases can look nice but make me dizzy. 

Yeah I hate them, I would happily have Carole’s death stairs.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

My memory of this might be off, but when Carole first started the show wasn't that staircase without any hand rail? I think the rail against the wall might have been the concession?

• Love 1