Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I only remember Bethenny yelling "read it" at Carole about the texts.   Other than that I can't recall Bethenny ever "screaming in her face."   Their discussions/arguments were quite civilized as HW confrontations go.

I still think Carole's leaving has a lot to do with Adam.    I believe she wants Adam back but knows that  would be difficult if not impossible for him now that he's been labeled an operator on national TV.  Maybe Bravo refused to film him and/or pay him for coffee visits.   

I'd really love to know why she announced her departure before the reunion aired.   That was a slap in the face for Bravo and there has to be a reason she broke protocol.     That said, I should thank her.    This forum has been a happier place since she announced her departure. 

She’s Royalty.  They don’t answer to nobody.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, AnnA said:

I wonder if Carole said anything about leaving when they were taping the reunion.  They taped on Tuesday and she made her announcement on Wednesday.   Bravo has to be pissed.   Knowing that she's leaving will change how viewers react to the last two episodes and to the reunion.   Anything Carole says now is irrelevant.  No one cares because she's leaving. 

If the cast knew while they were taping, it had to impact their dynamic.  Have you noticed that it's had an effect on our forum?    The discussions have been less contentious.   Posters are making jokes instead of sniping.   It's a much happier friendlier place this week. 

There has certainly been a difference this week, I see a few different reasons, but I am for sure enjoying it more!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@FozzyBear I don't think Carole was delusional enough to think she had enough leverage to force Bethenny out. She didn't even have enough leverage to force Luann out. I really think she really found Bethenny so nasty and manipulative that it wasn't worth it. And she'd seen how nasty Bethenny could be and realized she had another couple of years of Bethenny screaming in her face about everything.

I don't think Ramona thinks she's backed the wrong team. I think Ramona knows just how badly Bethenny likely came off especially because Bethenny is nakedly courting Sonja and Luann, two people Bethenny has denigrated up, down left, right, and center. I think this is the remaining women creating a campaign to show that Bethenny is a manipulative liar who runs everyone off. This is them trying to reframe the situation and ice her out of next season or run her off.

Except for being upset, rightfully, that Sonja was trying to capitalize on Bethany's branding with what was sure to be a business failure, because Sonja, she has usually shown a soft side for Sonja. Luanne and she made up early in the season and started doing so last year.

In fact, thinking about it, Carole started losing her damn mind when Lu and B became more friendly. I think Princess Carole saw that as a betrayal to her "ride or die" b.s. No one is allowed to be friendly to someone she hates. Carole was jealous and petty and started gaslighting B, which triggered all of Bs worst personality traits.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carole just posted an image of Adam holding Baby and Adam on her IG story that  said "Baby and Baby Daddy, same haircut." 

So thirsty and pathetic. Blech.

That’s not Adam, it’s RJ King, Meghan King Edmonds brother and co-owner of Baby, they do look alike but she took it from RJ’s instastory and tagged him and he posted it first. Though she added the stupid caption.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

That’s not Adam, it’s RJ King, Meghan King Edmonds brother and co-owner of Baby, they do look alike but she took it from RJ’s instastory and tagged him and he posted it first. Though she added the stupid caption.

That's funny because I was wondering when Adam became so hot after seeing it.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Carol comments on her reasons for leaving in Page Six.  I posted the link and comment about it on the Housewives in Media thread. 

I didn’t read it yet, but will.  Do you think she will tell the truth? I doubt it.  This whole thing is so exciting I tell ya.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

There has certainly been a difference this week, I see a few different reasons, but I am for sure enjoying it more!

So exciting .. who’s lying, who’s truthful.  I can’t wait for the reunion.  Nobody is going to know what to say.  Andy will probably need a whole bottle of booze by his table.  The rest will be on Valium, except Carole .. she’s cool.

• Love 3

I seem to recall carol slut shaming lu over a certain pirate, trying to shame Jules over her eating disorder, mocking and laughing at Ramona. 

Why is she being painted as the reasonable one that was lead to slaughter by Bethenny Frankel? B shouldn’t age shame but if someone that she does it to has any reason to stfu about it should be Carole who was there for all of it with a smile on her face and for some of it she was there for before Bethenny ever showed up on her radar.

neither one of them is a great person let’s not get it twisted but carole was no babe in the woods. She’s every bit as nasty a human being as Bethenny, Luann, Ramona, Dorinda and Sonia. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, bagger said:

I seem to recall carol slut shaming lu over a certain pirate, trying to shame Jules over her eating disorder, mocking and laughing at Ramona. 

Why is she being painted as the reasonable one that was lead to slaughter by Bethenny Frankel? B shouldn’t age shame but if someone that she does it to has any reason to stfu about it should be Carole who was there for all of it with a smile on her face and for some of it she was there for before Bethenny ever showed up on her radar.

neither one of them is a great person let’s not get it twisted but carole was no babe in the woods. She’s every bit as nasty a human being as Bethenny, Luann, Ramona, Dorinda and Sonia. 

I also seem to recall Carole making Kristen feel like the 3rd wheel when Heather was around.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I also seem to recall Carole making Kristen feel like the 3rd wheel when Heather was around.

Thank you!!!! I knew I was forgwtting something... the way she laughed at Kristen (who I found more boring than drying paint) when K was so frustrated with heather over the treasure hunt In Montana was disgusting. Such an utter bore she was with that smirk on her face that made me want to go through the tv at her.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I didn’t read it yet, but will.  Do you think she will tell the truth? I doubt it.  This whole thing is so exciting I tell ya.

Well, basically, it said that she implied that the show made her go against her value system and that is why she left (She should have known in advance, but....).  I don't consider that so surprising. I mean, the theme of this franchise is discord, aggression and nit picking over one thing or the other, sometimes real and sometimes fabricated.  I often ask myself why I choose to watch it, because, I often feel icky about it. It doesn't really appeal to much that is positive, except on those rare occasions when the ladies pull together,  in times of crisis or death.  I get why one might feel torn or embarrassed to be associated with this franchise.  I equate Housewives to professional wrestling entertainment.  They are both planned, staged, professionally produced and are not real, however, occasionally, the characters REALLY DO GET HURT (wrestlers with fractured vertebrae and housewives with a broken heart) and then it's not fun anymore.  

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Why is she being painted as the reasonable one that was lead to slaughter by Bethenny Frankel? 

I never painted Carole Radziwill as the reasonable one. 

I've been very open about how much I dislike Radziwill (her treatment of Jules/correcting Luann's use of  "Indian"/the homophobic joke about Tom/etc) but none of that excuses Bethenny age shaming another woman. Regardless of who was the recipient, nobody forced Frankel to turn a woman's age into a weapon. She set that new personal low all by herself, breaking all her previous records -- her very own misogynist marathon! -- somebody throw Bethenny a party (just make sure it's a woman serving as Frankel's pinata, if you want to keep her interested).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

....THIS is the dress she should have worn in Columbia (are we finally in agreement fashionwise @Mozelle? ;)

Hahaha! This is a beautiful dress indeed, agreed.

Carole takes risks, some of which don’t land, but I appreciate that she likes to have fun with clothes.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I would prefer a strappy sandal as well. 

We have good taste!   

Too bad I didn't catch my typo before posting.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, film noire said:

....THIS is the dress she should have worn in Columbia (are we finally in agreement fashionwise @Mozelle? ;)

The dress is cool (^_^) BUT the picture is so weird ! Her right calf appears HUGE comparing to her thigh !

#badpicture #eeerk

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Man oh man.  Bravo sure is an incestuous network.

In this case I think it’s just a coincidence. Carole has been friends with him for awhile because he lives in her building.

• Love 4

I like the choice of metallic flats. The dress is the star.

Actually, there are three owners. They "share" the dog.

Sometimes it takes a village. Maybe Frankel should take note.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, jaync said:

I like the choice of metallic flats. The dress is the star.

Sometimes it takes a village. Maybe Frankel should take note.

I like the shoes with that dress as well. That’s what makes the look a “fashion moment,” so to speak, right there. 

• Love 5

I read that MTV was putting together a new reality show called The Royal World.  It includes a bunch of people including a royal connected American.  Do you think this is the Princess’s new job?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

I read that MTV was putting together a new reality show called The Royal World.  It includes a bunch of people including a royal connected American.  Do you think this is the Princess’s new job?

No.  MTV ≠ 54 yr old.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I’m thinking emotional age.  I bet she’d be really comfortable hanging with her peers.

I don't quite see the emotional immaturity that you do, but even Adam Kenworthy, at 33 yrs. old has pretty much aged out of the MTV set.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It seems like no one follows fashion here. It's a trend. Oxford shoes with all sorts of outfits is a trend now.

http://stylecaster.com/how-to-style-oxford-shoes/slide1

Aw, c'mon.  Saying 'no one' is kind of a stretch. I love the dress and appreciate the contrast of the Oxford shoes. But for the few who don't, it doesn't make them bumbling boobies who don't follow fashion! 

Sadly, (oh so sadly) saggy pants continue to be a 'trend'. Doesn't mean I have to like them nor pretend to understand them.  Kind of like socks with sandals.  And sleeveless turtleneck sweaters. Whaaat?!

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It seems like no one follows fashion here. It's a trend. Oxford shoes with all sorts of outfits is a trend now.

How is one supposed to keep up with trends? Is there some site that I should be checking regularly? I am a certain size. I tend to stick with what fits and doesn’t pronounce my flaws. Still I’d like to know colors, accessories and shoes (other than seeing them being shilled on tv...I don’t necessarily trust those trends. I tend to be classic) 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

wgsn-socks_sandals-runway-ss17-1024x576.

I saw that socks with strappy shoes etc 4 years ago in a Chanel window in Paris. I cringed. I know it can take a year or so for trends to come across the pond but I had hoped that one trend sunk in the ocean. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Aw, c'mon.  Saying 'no one' is kind of a stretch. I love the dress and appreciate the contrast of the Oxford shoes. But for the few who don't, it doesn't make them bumbling boobies who don't follow fashion! 

Sadly, (oh so sadly) saggy pants continue to be a 'trend'. Doesn't mean I have to like them nor pretend to understand them.  Kind of like socks with sandals.  And sleeveless turtleneck sweaters. Whaaat?!

And open toe boots ?

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

How is one supposed to keep up with trends? Is there some site that I should be checking regularly? I am a certain size. I tend to stick with what fits and doesn’t pronounce my flaws. Still I’d like to know colors, accessories and shoes (other than seeing them being shilled on tv...I don’t necessarily trust those trends. I tend to be classic) 

Endless internet sites to follow fashion trends. Not enough hours in the day. And if you start following them, it will cut in drastically to your Previously TV forum time! Don't succumb, @Mindthinkr

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

I think for me it's the nuance in statements. Saying "I don't like this trend" or "I don't think she can pull off pajamas as day wear" suggests to me that you probably understand that it's a trend, but you don't like it. Saying "I don't like it" or "why is she wearing that" is a lot more ambiguous. I think the contrast is Erika Girardi. People criticize how she dresses, but there is this underlying assumption that it is trendy and expensive even if she looks terrible wearing it.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Endless internet sites to follow fashion trends. Not enough hours in the day. And if you start following them, it will cut in drastically to your Previously TV forum time! Don't succumb, @Mindthinkr

I’m happy to report that I don’t have the time (no to lessening my PTV time...good point) or money to keep up with the arbitrary trends designed to suck up all my cash. I’m ok with me being me. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

And open toe boots ?

Oh, yeah....those.  A lot of fashion trends are nonsensical and/or non practical. If people like them, no harm no foul. And if they don't, same.

It's like art. Just because I don't like Picasso, doesn't mean I don't have a great appreciation for art. You either like it, or you don't. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh for God's sake. It's so dumb to even have to say this to defend myself, but believe me, I follow fashion trends. Too much. A lot of trends are stupid and a pet peeve of mine is people who hop on every single trend they see.

48 minutes ago, ryebread said:

wgsn-socks_sandals-runway-ss17-1024x576.

I actually love this but only with the Mary Jane platform styles.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think for me it's the nuance in statements. Saying "I don't like this trend" or "I don't think she can pull off pajamas as day wear" suggests to me that you probably understand that it's a trend, but you don't like it. Saying "I don't like it" or "why is she wearing that is a lot more ambiguous."

I think I understand what you're trying to say. It was just the 'no one here' part that threw me. I frequently don't like what Carole wears and will simply say "I don't like it".  I'm surprised to hear that might translate to:  I don't follow fashion, hence, understand it.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Oh, yeah....those.  A lot of fashion trends are nonsensical and/or non practical. If people like them, no harm no foul. And if they don't, same.

It's like art. Just because I don't like Picasso, doesn't mean I don't have a great appreciation for art. You either like it, or you don't. 

Exactly. Just because you say you don't like something, doesn't mean you don't know that it's a trend. There have been hundreds of trends over the years that I've straight up thought were stupid. There are also lots of fashion trends (and beauty) that I LOVE, but would personally never wear. I had no idea you had to qualify the statement of not liking something.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I spent a whole summer wearing Doc Martens and flannel, hooded flannel!

After I was discharged for heat stroke I vowed to never follow trends..........

LOL.  My last foray into following trends was also in the summer.  Three good summers ago.  Also, heatstroke related.  Except it was my neck, face and back that were suffering the heatstroke.  My arms and belly, cool as cucumbers.  Can you guess?

Swabbing my face down in the bathroom at a party with a cold towel.  Got one look in the mirror at my red face and sweaty hair falling limply around the turtleneck of my sleeveless, slightly midriff-baring sweater and thought, "Cheese and rice.  This shirt is stupid.  Just stawwwwwwwp." 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think I understand what you're trying to say. It was just the 'no one here' part that threw me. I frequently don't like what Carole wears and will simply say "I don't like it".  I'm surprised to hear that might translate to:  I don't follow fashion, hence, understand it.

I'm really not trying to be insulting. On RHoBH when Dorit and Erika were wearing the day time pajamas, I talked about the trend and how I wasn't a fan of how either woman deployed it. I know some people wonder why I or they need to qualify opinions, but I think that's what the discourse of spaces like previously.tv require of us as opposed to Tumblr or Instagram. It's the difference between saying that "Bethenny is a hypocrite" and "Bethenny is a hypocrite because..."

• Love 1
22 hours ago, bagger said:

Let's also not forget the year there was a dinner party and Ramona brought "Peter" along as her guest.

Carole told Heather and then Carole went running up to the room to get on her laptop, to find out more about Peter dating Mario's girlfriend Casey and gleefully imparted this information to Luann.

As far as I can recall, she diidn't have any problem with Ramona.

She certainly didn't act like a "friend" to Ramona. She certainly didn't pull Ramona aside to give a girl some warning.

No instead she sat back and let Heather try to broach the topic during dinner

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Oh for God's sake. It's so dumb to even have to say this to defend myself, but believe me, I follow fashion trends. Too much. A lot of trends are stupid and a pet peeve of mine is people who hop on every single trend they see.

I actually love this but only with the Mary Jane platform styles.

Plus, you have to have the right shape and be of a certain age .

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m happy to report that I don’t have the time (no to lessening my PTV time...good point) or money to keep up with the arbitrary trends designed to suck up all my cash. I’m ok with me being me. 

I "follow fashion" - or did for 20 years or so - and the fashion industry just recycles the same trends over and over again every once in a while as a big cash grab :)  They're all silly , in my opinion, and completely pointless.  Most people just have their own style and not millions of dollars to spend on every trend which will be recycled again soon enough down the line.  Anyone remember Timberland stilettos that were hot for one summer?  I always bring that up as my most hated 'trend'.

Edited because I wrote "Timbaland" just out of habit

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Anyone remember Timbaland stilettos that were hot for one summer?  I always bring that up as my most hated 'trend'.

No, I’m glad I wasn’t aware of that trend. 

I also think that trends go by regions. When I lived in Vermont boots and flannel shirts were fashion (as was keeping warm), when in Amsterdam it was about Capri pants so your pants didn’t get stuck in a bicycle spoke, when in NYC it was wearing black and being nondescript (although there were many people wearing high fashion), when I lived in Scotland it was all about staying dry so wellies and slickers and now I’m in a beach town. It’s all about casual. You can eat in the best restaurants in shorts and flip flops and nobody will bat an eye. If you can afford to eat in some of these places all you need is green....cash. 

• Love 5