Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

I've been rewatching Season 7/Ep 17, the London trip with Carole & Dorinda.  I'm as touched as I was when it originally aired.

However...I never noticed the obvious product placement of the Beats headphones on Carole's head, both when leaving the church with Anthony's urn, and again later in her hotel room when she's laying on the bed and touching his urn tearfully.

Really ruined it for me.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:34 AM, ItIsAboutThePasta said:

I think her conversational skills, TH quips & blog posts differ so wildly from her published works that it really makes me suspicious as to how much of that was really her writing and how much was the editors.  As for her stint at ABC News, I'd really have to see the receipts on what exactly she did to contribute to those stories.  Did she win an award or was she on a production team that won an award?  Where are the awards in her house?  You know Carole would talk about them, display them and they would be behind her on the green screen in her THs.  I get the sense that she was part of a production team, coordinating logistics behind the scenes, but not contributing much actual writing.  Again, I have to look at her body of work that is publicly available vs what she vaguely claims she did.  I'm not trying to take anything away from her love for her husband or her genuine grief over his death, but I suspect that her stepping away from journalism was more about her not being able to hack it on her own than anything else.  It's why she never wrote the (contractually obligated) book of essays or the cookbook with Adam.  She crafted this identity as a journalist/writer, but she doesn't really have the drive or ability to do it, and it's too late to admit the truth now.  Carole talks about her career in journalism the way Sonja talks about her marriage to Old Man Morgan.  She's living in the past just as much as Sonja is.  These are things that Carole did 20 years ago that have virtually no connection to who she is or the life she leads now.  Yet she trots the skeleton of her dead and buried career out as a means to elevate her position in her own mind and prove that she's smarter, more informed and more accomplished than the other women.

I do think, especially for writers, the verbal and written style can differ significantly.  Most of us are more casual in our verbal language.  But I think she was never much of a writer anyway, so...  She wrote a memoir, which was well received.  But it was about herself, her husband, and factual things that happened and how they affected her.  It wasn't a stretch, though of course not everyone could do it.  Her other book (and I've never read either), seems to show she isn't a writer of fiction, or perhaps generally of books.  What surprises me about her is that her blogs aren't written better, because if a person has experience writing (not necessarily books, but if your job/career involves significant writing), in my experience you do change your style to be more formal in the written word.  I end lots of verbal sentences with "to" ("that person I talked to."), but I almost never do it when I write.

I do wonder if she never went back to journalism because it reminder her of her husband, and of course because she had enough money that she could stop working.  I suspect all of her awards were group awards, and while I think others here have indicated that, based on her job titles/descriptions, she did in fact do some writing, it indeed was different from writing a book.  And that it's likely many others re-wrote the "scripts."  I believe we've also seen photos that indicate she was on location, at least scouting out the background for stories (which would include writing up the possibilities for the story, a totally different form of writing).

I agree she sometimes lives in the past.  She holds onto the journalistic experience as if it was her lifetime.  I think she would have been benefitted by going back to work, she does seem a little lost without that rock. 

On the "things that annoy me about Carole" scale, very high on the list is the "I don't ever use my [fake] title of Princess, but let me discuss how I was a Princess and that's so above being a [fake] Countess."  Sure, Andy Cohen probably pushed that, but she could have said NO. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I do think, especially for writers, the verbal and written style can differ significantly.  Most of us are more casual in our verbal language.  But I think she was never much of a writer anyway, so...  She wrote a memoir, which was well received.  But it was about herself, her husband, and factual things that happened and how they affected her.  It wasn't a stretch, though of course not everyone could do it.  Her other book (and I've never read either), seems to show she isn't a writer of fiction, or perhaps generally of books.  What surprises me about her is that her blogs aren't written better, because if a person has experience writing (not necessarily books, but if your job/career involves significant writing), in my experience you do change your style to be more formal in the written word.  I end lots of verbal sentences with "to" ("that person I talked to."), but I almost never do it when I write.

I do wonder if she never went back to journalism because it reminder her of her husband, and of course because she had enough money that she could stop working.  I suspect all of her awards were group awards, and while I think others here have indicated that, based on her job titles/descriptions, she did in fact do some writing, it indeed was different from writing a book.  And that it's likely many others re-wrote the "scripts."  I believe we've also seen photos that indicate she was on location, at least scouting out the background for stories (which would include writing up the possibilities for the story, a totally different form of writing).

I agree she sometimes lives in the past.  She holds onto the journalistic experience as if it was her lifetime.  I think she would have been benefitted by going back to work, she does seem a little lost without that rock. 

On the "things that annoy me about Carole" scale, very high on the list is the "I don't ever use my [fake] title of Princess, but let me discuss how I was a Princess and that's so above being a [fake] Countess."  Sure, Andy Cohen probably pushed that, but she could have said NO. 

Carole and Anthony did not work together very often.  They met working on the second Mendez trial and married a year later.  She returned to journalism after Anthony died for a single story.  Anthony wanted to be a documentary film producer.  He either didn't have the money or his illness interrupted his goals.  As to Carole, I am seeing at age 30 she is still a low level producer and after taking so many years off, approximately ten, it would be difficult to return as essentially a low level producer with the 22 year olds.  My second guess is that she did write news scripts-she probably was a researcher and interviewed people.  The way Carole make it sound it as if she produced the pieces. I have been unable to find Carole's Emmy Awards so I am guessing they are group awards.

I don't think Carole was a stand out and believe she knew what the future held-granted the loss of her husband was expected but the loss of her close friends would have been a huge setback.  I compared her career to Andy Cohen's  (Andy is a couple years younger)  here is Andy's 10 years after graduating college:  He spent 10 years at CBS News, eventually serving as senior producer of The Early Show, a producer for 48 Hours and CBS This Morning,[citation needed] and becoming vice president of original programming for the cable network Trio in 2000.[13][better source needed]Cohen joined Bravo in 2004 when the network purchased Trio.[14]   None of this low level producer nonsense. 

Carole has huge issues with the Princess title and I would love to hear Bethenny's take on it.  I am kind of hoping Carole does find a new gig that highlights her journalism background.  I am betting she doesn't want the pay cut the or the day to day drudgery.  Maybe she can do a documentary on Puerto Rico.  .  

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am kind of hoping Carole does find a new gig that highlights her journalism background.  I am betting she doesn't want the pay cut the or the day to day drudgery.  Maybe she can do a documentary on Puerto Rico.  .  

Love it!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Love your post.

This idea there is a rift between the two of them was exacerbated because Dorinda Medler went and carried tales back to Bethenny.  Dorinda doesn't have the dissing Richard Medley excuse because she would not have seen it.  Carole would have known about the Adam stuff if it was that important to mention a day away to Carole.  

My guess is Bethenny pretty much stated what is up with Adam -he is an operator-it seems he manages to pop back in during filming.  

Carole pretty much showed her ass when she went after Bethenny's career.  No reason to tear hers down to make Carole's look better.

Carole's first Emmy was for a piece she worked on traveling to Cambodia.  Here is her account and this is 1990 she would have been in Cambodia.  " As I sit in a Los Angeles restaurant waiting to interview Olivia Wilde, my mind trails back 20 years earlier, to a restaurant in Bangkok where I once waited for Olivia's mother, award-winning producer and journalist Leslie Cockburn. (I was a young production associate at ABC News and assigned to work with Leslie on a documentary about Cambodia.) I first met Olivia, in fact, while working for her mother. Leslie had an editing room set up in the family's Georgetown home, where I sat and logged videotapes. Olivia was just a little kid, but she already had a unique poise."

Here are all the folks who worked on it:  http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/474863/Peter-Jennings-Reporting-From-the-Killing-Fields/   Notice where Carole is listed.  Hardly "her piece on Cambodia".  Here is a list of the Emmy Awards for Documentaries and News 1990-no Carole but Anthony got an Emmy  as a producer  http://emmyonline.com/download/1990-Nomination_Winners.pdf  See page 17.  Could not find any awards in 1991.

Anyway I guess my point is according to Carole she started working at ABC in 1985 and she describes herself as a "young production associate" in 1990/91.  She met Anthony in 1993 and married him 1994 and then took leave to care for him.   I am curious when she became this seasoned journalist.  

Carole worked as a "journalist" for 10 years.  Hell Luann was a journalist for a couple of years in Italy on a sports news show.  On air talent.  She did a short stint on a show after Anthony died.   Work wise Carole entered the work market 32 years ago worked as a journalist for 10 and has written two books and done so interviews for a Glamour.  She now has five years as a reality star.  

Thanks for the research. Do you know what the Peabody was for and in what capacity did she contribute? So we have one Emmy listed, what about the other two? I've looked but to no avail.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

I do think, especially for writers, the verbal and written style can differ significantly. 

I agree. And writing styles (for the same writer) can also differ based on the format. I think Radziwill has very little talent for fiction, but a real gift when it comes to memoir/writing about herself (as in the blog she wrote a few weeks ago, which convinced me she did not hand her memoir over to a ghostwriter).  Agree or disagree with the sentiments/ideas expressed below, the writing itself is beautiful:

"Signing a divorce document, after you’ve racked up lawyers' bills fighting over who gets the sconces, is not like signing a death certificate. It’s not like having to make life and death decisions when a doctor tells you there is little left to do but hope and pray. So you hope and pray for one more day—please one more day that is all I want. Then I’ll be ready. One more day—but, of course, that is the big lie. You will never be ready when your partner dies in the middle of his young life. You wait as the life and love slowly and painfully ebbs out of him until he is barely recognizable to you any longer. You wait until the man you thought you’d spend the rest of your life with struggles to take his very last breath. Then you wait and sit in the deafening silence that is death still praying, now begging, for one more day. The time between that last breath and the silence can last for eternity. Or at least six years, which is when Dorinda’s late husband Richard died, in the beginning of their life together."

...just like certain actors who can only play themselves, some writers only shine in non-fiction/memoir territory.  I think that's Radziwill's situation.

What surprises me about her is that her blogs aren't written better, because if a person has experience writing (not necessarily books, but if your job/career involves significant writing), in my experience you do change your style to be more formal in the written word.  I end lots of verbal sentences with "to" ("that person I talked to."), but I almost never do it when I write.

Her earlier blogs (the first year) were better written (both in style and grammar) because she intended to publish them (and did) in a collection.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I agree. And writing styles (for the same writer) can also differ based on the format. I think Radziwill has very little talent for fiction, but a real gift when it comes to memoir/writing about herself (as in the blog she wrote a few weeks ago, which convinced me she did not hand her memoir over to a ghostwriter).  Agree or disagree with the sentiments/ideas expressed below, the writing itself is beautiful:

"Signing a divorce document, after you’ve racked up lawyers' bills fighting over who gets the sconces, is not like signing a death certificate. It’s not like having to make life and death decisions when a doctor tells you there is little left to do but hope and pray. So you hope and pray for one more day—please one more day that is all I want. Then I’ll be ready. One more day—but, of course, that is the big lie. You will never be ready when your partner dies in the middle of his young life. You wait as the life and love slowly and painfully ebbs out of him until he is barely recognizable to you any longer. You wait until the man you thought you’d spend the rest of your life with struggles to take his very last breath. Then you wait and sit in the deafening silence that is death still praying, now begging, for one more day. The time between that last breath and the silence can last for eternity. Or at least six years, which is when Dorinda’s late husband Richard died, in the beginning of their life together."

...just like certain actors who can only play themselves, some writers only shine in non-fiction/memoir territory.  I think that's Radziwill's situation.

Her earlier blogs (the first year) were better written (both in style and grammar) because she intended to publish them (and did) in a collection.

The problem with Carole's entire moving message is it was non-responsive to the disagreement between Dorinda and Sonja.  Dorinda hates Sonja and seeks at every opportunity to call her out, humiliate her and scream at her.  Hurt is hurt.  But most of all for an effing journalist she and Dorinda need to stop with signing the death certificate crap.  Spouses and next of kin do not sign death certificates.  Dorinda essentially told Sonja to stop speaking about her past and Sonja returned the volley.  At some point these women need to all calm down and be accepting of their alleged friends foibles.  Carole is the worst in when it comes who can say what and how they say it.  The biatch never lets go.  I say off with Carole to find a new group of friends.  She hated Ramona and now she is her biggest fan.  Ramona the single most inappropriate, hurtful person on the entire franchise.

I dare either of them to tell Brandi Glanville face to face that she just waltzed into an attorneys office and presto her marriage was over and how easy it was and most of all how it was her choice , or Camille Grammer whose husband has still never spoken to her almost ten years since he dumped her.  

Carole self-congratulatory blogs are pretty close to fiction.  Carole also has what I refer to as cross over arguments.  Carole at this point has become predatory.  Her latest battle about Bethenny and/or her charity contacting Adam is just more of this nonsense that is Carole.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't really have a dog in the fight, but not all journalists are on-air talent.

Agreed. And many on-air newscasters simply "rip and read." (Taken from the old days of ripping the story off of the AP/UPI news tickers, walking on set, and reading the story out loud.) Producers, reporters and writers do a lot of the work behind the scenes.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't really have a dog in the fight, but not all journalists are on-air talent.

Yes. Especially in television journalism, producers do a lot of work.  Television producers are also reporters and both are necessary to create a good television story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Agreed. And many on-air newscasters simply "rip and read." (Taken from the old days of ripping the story off of the AP/UPI news tickers, walking on set, and reading the story out loud.) Producers, reporters and writers do a lot of the work behind the scenes.

Most of what we see on the local level are "news readers", and actually hired to be that I think.  Even the national programs like Today and GMA etc. employ those folks.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Most of what we see on the local level are "news readers", and actually hired to be that I think.  Even the national programs like Today and GMA etc. employ those folks.  

I've never tried to read off a teleprompter, but I swear, sometimes, I could do a much better job than the people on my local news (and it's a city that likes to consider itself a major US city [crime-wise they've got it nailed])

Do you read news online? I think they use spellcheck as their editor.The grammatical errors are unbelievable.  Is true journalism dead? I read an article last week that used "there" instead of "their" twice in one sentence. SMH.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I've never tried to read off a teleprompter, but I swear, sometimes, I could do a much better job than the people on my local news (and it's a city that likes to consider itself a major US city [crime-wise they've got it nailed])

Do you read news online? I think they use spellcheck as their editor.The grammatical errors are unbelievable.  Is true journalism dead? I read an article last week that used "there" instead of "their" twice in one sentence. SMH.

I share your frustrations.  You.have.one.job.  

Journalism is dead btw.

• Love 6

Carol's blog is up.   I'm on my cranky iPad so I can't post the link - Sorry!

Most of her blog was ranking on Bethenny and tooting her own horn for being loyal to those she loves.

The best part was her opener.   She said that even though people think the show is scripted it is not.  Hmm?   Do you think she's been reading our episode discussion thread?   

• Love 2
On 5/23/2018 at 12:14 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've been rewatching Season 7/Ep 17, the London trip with Carole & Dorinda.  I'm as touched as I was when it originally aired.

However...I never noticed the obvious product placement of the Beats headphones on Carole's head, both when leaving the church with Anthony's urn, and again later in her hotel room when she's laying on the bed and touching his urn tearfully.

Really ruined it for me.

At least it was more subtle then - LOL - no "Hey Doris, do you have any cool headphones I can borrow to listen to my tunes?" "Why yes Carole, I just got these Beats headphones, they come in a lot of great colors" ha ha ha... but I get what you mean ;)

On 5/25/2018 at 6:39 PM, AnnA said:

Carol's blog is up.   I'm on my cranky iPad so I can't post the link - Sorry!

Most of her blog was ranking on Bethenny and tooting her own horn for being loyal to those she loves.

The best part was her opener.   She said that even though people think the show is scripted it is not.  Hmm?   Do you think she's been reading our episode discussion thread?   

Very likely - or she has her social media handler doing it for her ;)

• Love 4

My favorite line in Carole’s blog:

“I’m a grown-up, yet I can’t help but feel sad that I let into my life a person who I thought supported me, respected me, and enjoyed me, and she has revealed herself to be the complete antithesis.”

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

My favorite line in Carole’s blog:

“I’m a grown-up, yet I can’t help but feel sad that I let into my life a person who I thought supported me, respected me, and enjoyed me, and she has revealed herself to be the complete antithesis.”

I hate to say it but Carole has been anything but enjoyable through this, Bethenny and Carole fed off each other and their superiority complex.  As difficult as Bethenny is she has been supportive of Carole and Adam, as to the respect I don't think Bethenny is feeling it.  These women are in a tough position- they are at odds with those who cite their past and at the same time toot their own horns of their pasts.  

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, zoeysmom said:

The problem with Carole's entire moving message is it was non-responsive to the disagreement between Dorinda and Sonja.  Dorinda hates Sonja and seeks at every opportunity to call her out, humiliate her and scream at her.  Hurt is hurt.  But most of all for an effing journalist she and Dorinda need to stop with signing the death certificate crap.  Spouses and next of kin do not sign death certificates.  Dorinda essentially told Sonja to stop speaking about her past and Sonja returned the volley.  At some point these women need to all calm down and be accepting of their alleged friends foibles.  Carole is the worst in when it comes who can say what and how they say it.  The biatch never lets go.  I say off with Carole to find a new group of friends.  She hated Ramona and now she is her biggest fan.  Ramona the single most inappropriate, hurtful person on the entire franchise.

I dare either of them to tell Brandi Glanville face to face that she just waltzed into an attorneys office and presto her marriage was over and how easy it was and most of all how it was her choice , or Camille Grammer whose husband has still never spoken to her almost ten years since he dumped her.  

Carole self-congratulatory blogs are pretty close to fiction.  Carole also has what I refer to as cross over arguments.  Carole at this point has become predatory.  Her latest battle about Bethenny and/or her charity contacting Adam is just more of this nonsense that is Carole.  

I think what both sides ignore is that: (1) it's a common saying that divorce is like a death; (2) divorce is often, in fact, the ending ("death") of a dream of your life with someone.  Yeah, the former spouse is still alive, but your life with them is over, changed forever.  Things you thought you would have, relationships that would last, are over.  Whether your spouse dies or divorces, you no longer have that family, the Christmas dinner, etc. 

Part of the problem for Sonja is that they all believe she created her own problems, and that she lies/glosses over facts in her past.  And that Dorinda is a very mean drunk doesn't help that relationship.  They all seem to believe, likely correctly, that Sonja could have avoided the divorce had she spent more time on the marriage, like returning to NYC when her husband got sick.  They likely had a "deal" (similar to Luann and the Count), but Sonja broke it.  So lamenting, 10 years later, the loss of hubby's money is annoying to them (well, and US!).

While Carole is factually wrong in that a spouse doesn't "sign" a death certificate, next of kin does provide much of the information for it (full name, maiden name, DOB, parents' names) - I did it for both parents (yeah, even after 29 years of marriage my step-mother didn't know my grandparents' names!).  I personally didn't find it particularly emotional, but others might.   And yeah, having been a divorce lawyer, people DO get emotional about signing the divorce agreement. 

But they all need to stop living in the past.  I think Luann and Bethenny manage that best; Luann because she simply doesn't seem to focus on the past, Bethenny because she routinely denies the past.

• Love 11

I took a class in interpersonal communications in college. The biggest thing I walk away from that class learning/appreciating is that everything is situational. There is no one answer to how to deal with anything. So, it is my observation and perhaps assumption that sometimes death is worse than a divorce, when the couple are still so much in love, but people often get blindsided by spouses requesting divorces for a variety of reasons, which, imo, can be like more like a sudden death, than an agreed upon "uncoupling", so I really don't think you can, generally, debate widowhood vs divorce, as to which is worse/more devastating. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I think what both sides ignore is that: (1) it's a common saying that divorce is like a death; (2) divorce is often, in fact, the ending ("death") of a dream of your life with someone.  Yeah, the former spouse is still alive, but your life with them is over, changed forever.  Things you thought you would have, relationships that would last, are over.  Whether your spouse dies or divorces, you no longer have that family, the Christmas dinner, etc. 

Part of the problem for Sonja is that they all believe she created her own problems, and that she lies/glosses over facts in her past.  And that Dorinda is a very mean drunk doesn't help that relationship.  They all seem to believe, likely correctly, that Sonja could have avoided the divorce had she spent more time on the marriage, like returning to NYC when her husband got sick.  They likely had a "deal" (similar to Luann and the Count), but Sonja broke it.  So lamenting, 10 years later, the loss of hubby's money is annoying to them (well, and US!).

While Carole is factually wrong in that a spouse doesn't "sign" a death certificate, next of kin does provide much of the information for it (full name, maiden name, DOB, parents' names) - I did it for both parents (yeah, even after 29 years of marriage my step-mother didn't know my grandparents' names!).  I personally didn't find it particularly emotional, but others might.   And yeah, having been a divorce lawyer, people DO get emotional about signing the divorce agreement. 

But they all need to stop living in the past.  I think Luann and Bethenny manage that best; Luann because she simply doesn't seem to focus on the past, Bethenny because she routinely denies the past.

I am not certain of Sonja's reason for divorce, but I do remember her saying that she kicked a bridesmaid out of the wedding because she contacted her then fiance directly.  I only know the woman he is now married to was a friend of Sonja's.  Regardless of Ramona says, I seriously doubt Sonja has confided the truth to her because I doubt Sonja has ever accepted the truth.   Luann and the Count it seemed to be he was spending a lot of time in Mynamar and Cuba-at some point Luann knew it was over and wisely returned to the US.  She moved back a year before they started filming RHONYC.  

Carole and now Dorinda have an annoying habit of over dramatizing their situations, which is fine it is their feelings.  They have certainly moved on with their lives so perhaps a little compassion is in order, all the way around.

I would agree that signing divorce papers can be extremely draining.  Divorces can lead to endless ruminating.  If only, if only. . . 

Bethenny as the years wore on got wiser about playing the damaged past card.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I took a class in interpersonal communications in college. The biggest thing I walk away from that class learning/appreciating is that everything is situational. There is no one answer to how to deal with anything. So, it is my observation and perhaps assumption that sometimes death is worse than a divorce, when the couple are still so much in love, but people often get blindsided by spouses requesting divorces for a variety of reasons, which, imo, can be like more like a sudden death, than an agreed upon "uncoupling", so I really don't think you can, generally, debate widowhood vs divorce, as to which is worse/more devastating. 

Thankfully, I have been spared both of these traumas so far, but I would agree with your sentiment.  I'm thinking that I would have an extreme emotional reaction to either thing, perhaps not the same emotions, but extreme and devastating nonetheless.

• Love 8

I was live tweeting last night and Carol popped up on Instagram watching and commenting with 2 friends. One gal I recognized is Samantha the DJ who was recently bartending at the club house. The  other chick didn't know what she was doing but Carole was narrating throughout the episode. The hate is REAL! Wow! She really popped Bethenny at every turn. I was bummed though because they didn't go all the way through. I think they stay up for 24 hours? if you want to look at the Instastory. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I was live tweeting last night and Carol popped up on Instagram watching and commenting with 2 friends. One gal I recognized is Samantha the DJ who was recently bartending at the club house. The  other chick didn't know what she was doing but Carole was narrating throughout the episode. The hate is REAL! Wow! She really popped Bethenny at every turn. I was bummed though because they didn't go all the way through. I think they stay up for 24 hours? if you want to look at the Instastory. 

Weird, on her Twitter page, she says " 

Carole Radziwill‏Verified account @CaroleRadziwill 9h9 hours ago

More

Carole Radziwill Retweeted Sue Cohen

Lol.....love you guys. I'm traveling and just watched the show, and not all of it. I'll try to send it in today. Tell me what so you all want to do? Anything stand out as bizarre?"

I don't know how to get to Carole's Instastory page, do you have a link I can use?

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

The  other chick didn't know what she was doing but Carole was narrating throughout the episode

The other woman was Cassandra Grey widow of Brad Grey former CEO of Paramount and the friend she was spending time with this summer because he died in May. According to Page Six she and Samantha Rosen are now dating.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Weird, on her Twitter page, she says " 

Carole Radziwill‏Verified account @CaroleRadziwill 9h9 hours ago

More

Carole Radziwill Retweeted Sue Cohen

Lol.....love you guys. I'm traveling and just watched the show, and not all of it. I'll try to send it in today. Tell me what so you all want to do? Anything stand out as bizarre?"

I don't know how to get to Carole's Instastory page, do you have a link I can use?

Funny I recognize Sue from my list. I don't know how to post a link. Sorry I'm challenged but I think you can view it from Carole's Instagram which is where I was notified she was live.   

Edited by FairyDusted
ETA...It's still up
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Funny I recognize Sue from my list. I don't know how to post a link. Sorry I'm challenged but I think you can view it from Carole's Instagram which is where I was notified she was live.   

When I go to her IG page all her posts are older except 1 on gun control, nothing from last night about the episode though.

• Love 1

If you have an account users that you follow that went live video appear in small circles at the top of the page. There isn't an option to link. Just report. 

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

When I go to her IG page all her posts are older except 1 on gun control, nothing from last night about the episode though.

Hmmm....I see recent activity

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

If you have an account users that you follow that went live video appear in small circles at the top of the page. There isn't an option to link. Just report. 

That answers it, I don't have an account! LOL Oh well, not a big deal, I already know she is calling Bethenny out left and right on twitter (last night though, nothing on twitter). That "friendship" is over, big time over! Bring on the Reunion so we can learn the details, the real details that neither side wants us to know! LOL

• Love 5
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

biakbiak beat me to it lol. Cassandra Grey is Carole's friend, the friend who Carole flew out to L.A. to be with after the passing of Cassandra's husband.

I was watching the IG live this morning (kinda skipping around because I wasn't going to really watch for the length of a RHONY ep), and, yeah, she and Cassandra weren't mincing words about the episode. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Samantha Ronson.  Lindsey Lohan's ex gf and DJ.  I think her stepfather was in Foreigner.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Oh yeah....The Lohan connection. I knew I had seen her way before the clubhouse. Thanks. @Natalie68

You are welcome!  I don't know whether to be happy or sad this type of information is stuck in my brain.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 2:40 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, it is not just you!

Adam looks amazing in these photos!!!

So Adam does not do it for me either physically or intellectually. Not at all. On the show I find him very dull, again both physically and intellectually. However I will admit he actually seems like a pretty good model based on these photos. He really does photograph well. I’m kind of surprised he didn’t have a bigger career.

• Love 8
On 6/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, film noire said:

....is it just me, or is there a facial resemblance between Adam and JFK Jr? 

adam.jpg

jfk jr.jpg

And why did *this* Adam never appear on the show? Why did we only get groovy man-bunned vegan dude?

adam modle.jpg

model adam.jpg

http://underwearingmen.blogspot.com/2013/07/glamorous-male-model-adam-kenworthy-by.html

Because I am 13 years old, thanks for the peen print photos Film Noire.

Adam is not my cup of tea, but I will say that he definitely improved with age. He has nice bone structure in that top pic. He is one of those types that maybe better in still photos than in motion.  

• Love 6

Carole's blogs have helped kill this show for me. I know they're technically not the show, I know I didn't have to read them. I also tend to think Bethenny is a selfish, mostly terrible person to deal with, although for me that's more than offset by her recent disaster relief efforts, so it's not like I can totally disagree with Carole, and I understand her anger. I just can't get past her use of the word "we" in her rants. I frickin' hate teams on this show, I'm tired of pile-ons. I think calling on a team and making yourself the spokesperson is bullshit, especially from someone who doesn't want to be perceived as needing a partner and preferring to be a sidekick. Hate as an individual, and maybe keep it in proportion to the offense.

It's weird, because I've always been neutral/favorable towards her. I still kind of am. I'm just...annoyed, because this franchise was my go-to for fun stupid relaxation, and now it all feels heavy and toxic. OC had the fake cancer scandal. NJ has the unapologetic felon. ATL had whatever that was with the drugging/raping accusation. And now this, a pile-on where the villain they're rallying to defeat is also the woman who stepped up when our government failed. How am I supposed to open a bottle of wine and enjoy that?

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

Carole's blogs have helped kill this show for me. I know they're technically not the show, I know I didn't have to read them. I also tend to think Bethenny is a selfish, mostly terrible person to deal with, although for me that's more than offset by her recent disaster relief efforts, so it's not like I can totally disagree with Carole, and I understand her anger. I just can't get past her use of the word "we" in her rants. I frickin' hate teams on this show, I'm tired of pile-ons. I think calling on a team and making yourself the spokesperson is bullshit, especially from someone who doesn't want to be perceived as needing a partner and preferring to be a sidekick. Hate as an individual, and maybe keep it in proportion to the offense.

It's weird, because I've always been neutral/favorable towards her. I still kind of am. I'm just...annoyed, because this franchise was my go-to for fun stupid relaxation, and now it all feels heavy and toxic. OC had the fake cancer scandal. NJ has the unapologetic felon. ATL had whatever that was with the drugging/raping accusation. And now this, a pile-on where the villain they're rallying to defeat is also the woman who stepped up when our government failed. How am I supposed to open a bottle of wine and enjoy that?

I just came here to rant about her blog post. The Lord of the Flies pile on they do each year is definitely obnoxious.

What struck me, and damn it,  I've defended her right to be childless without people judging her, is her dig at Luanne, who I don't really like either. Carole threw something down about Adam babysitting Lu's son while Lu went manhunting or some such shit. Listen,  I'm a single mom,  and while I have no life,  I hate the idea of this twit, who has never been responsible 24 seven for anything but cats,  and as a cat owner,  they're pretty easy to care for, to get judgy about another woman daring to live while being a mom..

STFU Carole. Then the threat about spilling on what happened in Lu's home,  with information she got from the freeloading, man bun wearing man who worked for Lu, it's nasty. 

Carole is  mad that her boyfriend dumped her and lashing out at everyone. Also,  I get what Bethany was saying. Carole is going for a different vibe,  and it ain't classy ir arty,  than one she had before. It looks to me like a bad visual of a mid life crisis with the bad blond hair and funky clothing. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I just came here to rant about her blog post. The Lord of the Flies pile on they do each year is definitely obnoxious.

What struck me, and damn it,  I've defended her right to be childless without people judging her, is her dig at Luanne, who I don't really like either. Carole threw something down about Adam babysitting Lu's son while Lu went manhunting or some such shit. Listen,  I'm a single mom,  and while I have no life,  I hate the idea of this twit, who has never been responsible 24 seven for anything but cats,  and as a cat owner,  they're pretty easy to care for, to get judgy about another woman daring to live while being a mom..

STFU Carole. Then the threat about spilling on what happened in Lu's hone,  with information she got from the freeloading, man bun wearing man who worked for Lu, I'd nasty. 

Carole is a mad that her boyfriend dumped her and lashing out at everyone. Also,  I get what Bethany was saying. Carole is going for a different vibe,  and it ain't classy ir arty,  than one she had before. It looks to me like a bad visual of a mid life crisis with the bad blond hair and funky clothing. 

Isn't/wasn't Noel kind of old to need a babysitter?  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Isn't/wasn't Noel kind of old to need a babysitter?  

I thought it was gross that Carole even brought Noel into this stupidity. He did nothing wrong - how pathetic to insinuate a 17 year old "needs a babysitter" - I'm pretty sure Adam was living rent free off of Luann and paid her back in kind by being an occasional chef for her. JFC at 17 I was at home alone when my folks went out - should they be shamed for going out - or is it ok because they were married? Carole is insufferable. I agree with others who have grown tired of the dog pile - and who made her the spokesperson for the "team"? She's become so awful. Dare I admit I'd be ok with Jill Z coming back, only if she sided with Bethenny (and we know she'd have Luann's back) against these newer shrews... What a shame, I honestly didn't mind Carole when she first joined and I also didn't mind Dorinda until recently - when she decided to join in on the over-the-top takedown of BF. I do find it telling that BF STILL hasn't really gone in on Carole via blogs/social media etc. Anywho... blah.

3 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

Agree with you regarding her blogs - however I still like RHONY. I still don't really get what Bethenny did that is causing Carole to go for the jugular... I mean - Bethenny was WAY nastier to Luann (some of it deserved IMO) and they're fine - and Luann didn't even remotely approach the level of vitriol that Carole has for Bethenny - and now she enlists her friends that have nothing to do with the show. Gross. Does she seriously not have anything else going on in her life to be a storyline for the show? 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I thought it was gross that Carole even brought Noel into this stupidity. He did nothing wrong - how pathetic to insinuate a 17 year old "needs a babysitter" - I'm pretty sure Adam was living rent free off of Luann and paid her back in kind by being an occasional chef for her. JFC at 17 I was at home alone when my folks went out - should they be shamed for going out - or is it ok because they were married? Carole is insufferable. I agree with others who have grown tired of the dog pile - and who made her the spokesperson for the "team"? She's become so awful. Dare I admit I'd be ok with Jill Z coming back, only if she sided with Bethenny (and we know she'd have Luann's back) against these newer shrews... What a shame, I honestly didn't mind Carole when she first joined and I also didn't mind Dorinda until recently - when she decided to join in on the over-the-top takedown of BF. I do find it telling that BF STILL hasn't really gone in on Carole via blogs/social media etc.

Agreed on this last blog. Really gross. I already found her level of fury at Bethenny in her blogs and on SM to be bizarre, but going at Lu that way this week really did me in. Get a life, Carole. Find something useful to do.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

I thought it was gross that Carole even brought Noel into this stupidity. He did nothing wrong - how pathetic to insinuate a 17 year old "needs a babysitter" - I'm pretty sure Adam was living rent free off of Luann and paid her back in kind by being an occasional chef for her. JFC at 17 I was at home alone when my folks went out - should they be shamed for going out - or is it ok because they were married? Carole is insufferable. I agree with others who have grown tired of the dog pile - and who made her the spokesperson for the "team"? She's become so awful. Dare I admit I'd be ok with Jill Z coming back, only if she sided with Bethenny (and we know she'd have Luann's back) against these newer shrews... What a shame, I honestly didn't mind Carole when she first joined and I also didn't mind Dorinda until recently - when she decided to join in on the over-the-top takedown of BF. I do find it telling that BF STILL hasn't really gone in on Carole via blogs/social media etc. Anywho... blah.

Agree with you regarding her blogs - however I still like RHONY. I still don't really get what Bethenny did that is causing Carole to go for the jugular... I mean - Bethenny was WAY nastier to Luann (some of it deserved IMO) and they're fine - and Luann didn't even remotely approach the level of vitriol that Carole has for Bethenny - and now she enlists her friends that have nothing to do with the show. Gross. Does she seriously not have anything else going on in her life to be a storyline for the show? 

It is the stupidity of Carole writing things such as, "Bethenny only has one more child than I do," sorry Carole that one child makes her a parent and a mom.  It just seems so trite.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I hate the idea of this twit, who has never been responsible 24 seven for anything but cats,

I think caring for a mate battling terminal cancer qualifies as taking responsiblity -- that said (and jesus, was the saying unpleasant) amen & with you on the "funky clothing".  The woman is headed for a serious style meltdown. One of these days,  she'll turn up with a full blown case of Blossom Russo, and people will finally admit the truth: Carole Radziwill has a fashion abuse problem.

Because I am 13 years old, thanks for the peen print photos Film Noire.

You're welcome @islandgal140! (My thirteen year old thought: omg!  His dick is yuge! No wonder Adam is Carole's morning serving of Starfucks!)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, Mrs peel said:

It always amuses me when she trots out that "princess" story, because it is complete bullshit.

Carole's father-in-law was the third son of an actual Prince of the Polish royal family. 

When WWII was starting, the Prince's parents fled Poland, and the royal family's reign was terminated.  Carole's father-in-law also left Poland and went hat in hand to Queen Elizabeth to ask if he could become a British citizen and live in the relative safety of England (this was before the air raids on London).  She said yes, and bestowed citizenship on him. 

When that happened, the Prince had to denounce his Polish citizenship, effectively abdicating his title, and forever giving up the right to call himself a Prince of Poland.

So then he asks the Queen (as protocol demands) for permission to still use the title Prince, but the word was: You left your title in Poland.  We're the royal family here, and we don't let others call themselves by royal titles.  You wanna be Prince, go back to Poland. 

So, Carole's father-in-law goes ahead and calls himself Prince anyway to all and sundry.  Tacky, right?  The Brits knew the difference, but in the US, his Prince of Poland bullshit was swallowed whole. 

Carole's American-born mother-in-law (Jackie Kennedy's little sister) was the Prince's third wife.  She was never given a title since the Polish royal family ceased to exist long before that time, but she pretended she was a princess anyway and folks here indulged her and her husband in their folly. 

Carole's husband himself was never entitled to call himself a Prince of Poland for the same reasons.  So I see where Carole gets it, but it's a real stretch for Carole to ever be representing herself as a Princess through her marriage to Anthony Radziwill.

At least Luann was married to an actual Count who had full rights to call himself that.

As for her extensive career as a journalist, that exists mostly in her mind as well.  She married the boss, who was the actual journalist of the two.  He (or his influence) was probably responsible for those plum assignments thrown her way because of who he was, and probably not because she was all that talented.  Which would explain why she never went any further with it after his death.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

At least Luann was married to an actual Count who had full rights to call himself that.

As for her extensive career as a journalist, that exists mostly in her mind as well.  She married the boss, who was the actual journalist of the two.  He (or his influence) was probably responsible for those plum assignments thrown her way because of who he was, and probably not because she was all that talented.  Which would explain why she never went any further with it after his death.

There is no "royalty" in France, it was a title given to the family by the government of France. So the "Count's" title was worth about the same as the "Prince's" was. LOL

As for Carole's journalist career, she already had that when she met Anthony. 

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, film noire said:

I think caring for a mate battling terminal cancer qualifies as taking responsiblity -- that said (and jesus, was the saying unpleasant) amen & with you on the "funky clothing".  The woman is headed for a serious style meltdown. One of these days,  she'll turn up with a full blown case of Blossom Russo, and people will finally admit the truth: Carole Radziwill has a fashion abuse problem.

You're welcome @islandgal140! (My thirteen year old thought: omg!  His dick is yuge! No wonder Adam is Carole's morning serving of Starfucks!)

Darn it! I forgot about her caring for her husband. My point still stands,  she has no right to crap on anyone's parenting,  never having been a parent. Also as noted, Noel was about 17 when he would have been there,  like I said,  not babysitting but keeping an eye out. And since Adam's  "crappy pay" seemed to include room and board, fair.

I hate it when one unlikable housewife forces me to defend an even more unlikable housewife. 

Except for acting like a teenage mean girl and holding a viscous grudge, Carole isn't that bad,  at least in comparison to Lu. But that post was jacked up. 

Her Hot Topic outfit at the beginning of the season just about killed me. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There is no "royalty" in France, it was a title given to the family by the government of France. So the "Count's" title was worth about the same as the "Prince's" was. LOL

As for Carole's journalist career, she already had that when she met Anthony. 

LOL - of course you're right.  And I misstated who the Prince went to for citizenship -- it was King George.  Elizabeth was a teenager during WWII.

• Love 5