Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If she needs to sell used lingerie to make the bills, might I suggest to her that she revisit her budget, and not spend $300 for baby doll dresses (baby doll dresses at her age?) and $100 for nighties.  Yes, net worth numbers attained from the innerwebs may be inaccurate.  I'm just unwilling to buy that she needs to sell used lingerie to cover the overhead.  An overhead which includes a Manhattan apartment and $100 silk nighties.  js

So then, she could liquidate at any time and be worth that value, minus closing costs and realtor's fees.  Considering New York real estate right now, I'd say that's a reasonably comfortable position to be in.  

Carole has said she is not even worth 50 million pesos.  I am not sure who Carole would have inherited from-Anthony's mother is still alive.   Carole makes the clumsiest forays into commerce.  She is good with the book thing but her other efforts with Adam and now selling her undies she really doesn't think through.  She makes a decent salary on RHONYC she probably doesn't need much else.

33 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Sonja likes her dilapidated townhouse. She also knows that she didn't maintain it, it has depreciated in value, and she could never afford something like that again on her own. So she hangs onto it.

Sonja put her townhouse back on the market again last month.  I believe she listed it for $10 million.  She wants to find a new place on the UES.

Sonja had to mortgage her townhouse to pay off the fraud judgment.  I believe she and old man Morgan paid about $9 to $10 million for the place to begin with and did extensive renovations.   Fredrik mentioned within the last year he didn't think the house was worth over $7 million.

• Love 6

Well Sonja's had her townhouse on and off the market for years now. She'll never get $10M for something in that state that sits next to a busy parking garage. She's delusional.

Anyways, back to Carole...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am not sure who Carole would have inherited from-Anthony's mother is still alive.

Look, I don't have details that apparently many here do, I just know that wives are generally the beneficiaries of their husband's estate, life insurance, etc.  Maybe he was a pauper with many debts, but maybe not.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So then, she could liquidate at any time and be worth that value, minus closing costs and realtor's fees.  Considering New York real estate right now, I'd say that's a reasonably comfortable position to be in.  

Not really since she has been trying to sell it for years.

• Love 9
(edited)

You’re a love, Film Noire.  Thank you for the good thoughts.

Carole’s Cosmo piece:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/amp18675877/carole-radziwill-cosmo-essay/

I’m not trying to be a hater but it’s, meh - a satisfying the word count piece.  I dunno.  I never read “What Remains,” and probably never watched her ABC work, but where is that high-achiever now?   I have run that race and my hand to Oprah, I could have written a more compelling essay on hers or other ancillary marathon-finisher-now-what?? type ruminations.  I don’t dislike Carole but she confuses me.   Don’t writers get better, more interesting, over time? Am I just hella naive?  (Probably.). Also, why is so much of the Poshmark stuff so un-Carole?  I mean she talked about her love of vintage but is selling a lot of new mid-market and  stuff; why’d she buy so much in the first place?   

I’m always curious about Carole because she’s had truly interesting experiences.  She still could, and it seems like she isn’t?  Just me?

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 8

I always feel like Carole works a little better if she has a specific defined task. Her long awaited book was supposed to be a collection of her thoughts and musings. It never came. If feel like if she got involved with a group working with disenfranchised people using social media to report on things in their communities, she'd probably do great.

• Love 12

That’s what I failed to express, Hunter Hunted.  I think it is jarring for me to see Carole because people gave such raves to her first book, and she traveled to such interesting places at ABC.   If someone gave her a start on something big like managing the Twitter of a community, ITA that she’d do great and love what she was doing.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I dont care what kind of upper crust hipster socialite she try to portray....I just saw that she is doing an appearance with Brandi Glanville and Teresa Guidice called "An Evening with the Celebrity Housewives"...just the three of them...talk about scraping the bottom of the Housewives barrel? jesus

https://goo.gl/images/JezEfo

Edited by Christi
  • Love 12

From the airs that Carol put on, I would certainly think that she could think of better ways to raise money, and a lot more of it.

Im doubting any of the Kennedys will be attending this "Evening". lolol

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Christi said:

From the airs that Carol put on, I would certainly think that she could think of better ways to raise money, and a lot more of it.

I would think so as well, but she is selling off old lingerie. So she's got that going for her.

• Love 4
On 3/3/2018 at 8:31 PM, Christi said:

I dont care what kind of upper crust hipster socialite she try to portray....I just saw that she is doing an appearance with Brandi Glanville and Teresa Guidice called "An Evening with the Celebrity Housewives"...just the three of them...talk about scraping the bottom of the Housewives barrel? jesus

https://goo.gl/images/JezEfo

Interesting I can't find anything on Joyful Heart Foundation website about the big event.  Granted one can raise money for any charity they want but it was a pretty big name drop.  I don't normally see the Joyful Heart Foundation referred to as Mariska Hartigay's.  I know she founded it and she is presently promoting a movie she produced on HBO.  Just seemed a little off from their usual promotion.

Brandi Glanville is most likely receiving transportation and lodging.  I can think of two more polar opposite people than Glanville and Hartigay.  

• Love 2

Carole suddenly looks...old to me.  Its her style, not her physical self.  I thought she looked so much better with the long medium brown hair than the blonde wavy long bob.  I also liked her better in her more casual clothes than the outwardly high end expensive stuff like the Loubs and Rock Studs.  I liked Cool Carole in the earlier days of her run, not the Fancy (caught up) Carole she is now.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Interesting I can't find anything on Joyful Heart Foundation website about the big event.  Granted one can raise money for any charity they want but it was a pretty big name drop.  I don't normally see the Joyful Heart Foundation referred to as Mariska Hartigay's.  I know she founded it and she is presently promoting a movie she produced on HBO.  Just seemed a little off from their usual promotion.

Brandi Glanville is most likely receiving transportation and lodging.  I can think of two more polar opposite people than Glanville and Hartigay.  

It does seem a bit off, but I couldn't find a single Joyful Heart event listed on their site for 2018. Their Twitter and Instagram barely mention any events either, though the HBO film watch party is mentioned on both. However if you look at Eventbrite, there are many more events. My sense is that Joyful Heart is getting out of the business of throwing their own events and moving on to sponsoring events where the proceeds are donated to Joyful Heart.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I would think so as well, but she is selling off old lingerie. So she's got that going for her.

I saw that on IG! lolol totally forgot....wonder why the fall from her ivory tower?  I certainly cant see her bestie Beth doing any of these things...its more in character for those two to make fun of Sonja for doing this.

Edited by Christi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Just seemed a little off from their usual promotion.

Brandi Glanville is most likely receiving transportation and lodging. 

Not really. Last year, Joyful Heart received proceeds from a staging of "The Vagina Monologues" featuring  Kenya, Brandi, and Teresa. It must have been semi-successful or JH wouldn't have reached out to the wives for this newest gig.

Brandi is most likely receiving more than transport and lodging. As she should.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2017/05/08/grapevine-real-houseiwives-perform-vagina-monologues/101450662/

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It does seem a bit off, but I couldn't find a single Joyful Heart event listed on their site for 2018. Their Twitter and Instagram barely mention any events either, though the HBO film watch party is mentioned on both. However if you look at Eventbrite, there are many more events. My sense is that Joyful Heart is getting out of the business of throwing their own events and moving on to sponsoring events where the proceeds are donated to Joyful Heart.

It dawned on me when I read the Detroit article.  Someone puts an event together and donates or promises to donate a percentage of sales to a charity.  I don't think this is something the charity was seeking or sponsoring. I think pretty much anybody can have an event and say they are donating to a certain charity.  I am sure the charity will take the money.  In the upcoming event it is the proceeds from the Meet and Greet ticket sales.  The non Meet and Greet tickets are expensive  $75.00.  That is Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen territory.  It will be interesting to see if they fill up a 500 person venue.   

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, SCS said:

Brandi is most likely receiving more than transport and lodging. As she should.

Probably more according to the ad its just the meet and greet proceeds that are going to charity not the whole performance.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, film noire said:

This is beyond tone deaf, imo.

What the hell is she thinking? What in the hell does this have to do with International Women's Day?

Is she too busy with her head in her closet to read the news?

Even though she has said/done some silly ass things in the past, I still sort of had a soft spot for her. 

No more. Nope.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, film noire said:

This is beyond tone deaf, imo.

This is the same woman who wrongly accused Luanne of being offensive calling American Indians what the majority of American Indians prefer to be addressed as.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Higgins said:

This is the same woman who wrongly accused Luanne of being offensive calling American Indians what the majority of American Indians prefer to be addressed as.

Yes -- and I'm guessing Radziwill would have something to say about how Hollywood has mythologized the "taming of the West" at the expense of how history really treated American Indians,  but here she is dressed posting a photo of Nicole Trunfio dressed like a little Lady Sheriff  ("I never heard tell of such a thing, padre!") about to fire  (her finger) at the enemy of...what? A woman's right to bear pretend arms? A woman's right to raise a "hand" gun (yeah, yeah, I see the pun) against an invisible enemy? The right to use gun-as-enforcer imagery to mark International Women's Day -- a day set aside to become aware (in no small part) of all the violence perpetrated against women on the planet? 

And this photo after a horrific run of gun deaths the whole country is talking about -- PFFT GAH ARGH BLERG -- what the fuck?

I hate falsely provocative images, dabbling in political content, that are REALLY just a bid to look "cool". HATE THEM. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Yes that photo she posted is ....just awful for the various reasons well explained above.

But I don't think that's her (doesn't forgive her choice to use it.)

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

But I don't think that's her (doesn't forgive her choice to use it.)

Its most definitely not, its Nicole Trunfio, wife of Gary Clarke Jr and its actually originally a jewelery ad for her line and is a year or so old which males it even a weirder choice.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Its most definitely not, its Nicole Trunfio, 

...and here the photo is, on Trunfio's insta last year -- could it get any weirder? (And thanks for the info, biak.)

Edited by film noire
On 3/10/2018 at 4:42 PM, ryebread said:

Damn.  Her Twitter page is a desperate, weird place.

Yes, it is -- between tweets about selling off her closet, tummy tea and sad-faced political posts, it's like a murky mind-soup of infommercials, "meet the depressed" and a teenage girl showing off what she got at the mall.

And (among so many things I hate about the Gun Photo) a new reason I hate it has emerged:  Radziwill is letting people on her Insta and Twitter think it's her in the photo, instead of giving credit to Nicole Trunfio. So she's appropriating the work of another woman for a post honouring women on International Woman's Day.

kate m.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Ouch!

did it really take that long for Carole to figure out that Beth was gossipy, competitive and mean spirited????

Now that she finally seems to have Bethenny's number, I wonder if she has any regrets about being used as a mouthpiece regarding Jason.

And just like that, I love Carole. LOL

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Now that she finally seems to have Bethenny's number, I wonder if she has any regrets about being used as a mouthpiece regarding Jason.

If Carole didn't catch on with the way Bethenny treated her former BFF Heather, she is a little slower on the uptake than I had imagined.  I also believe Carole was a bit disgusted with how quickly Bethenny flipped flopped on her hate and then love for Sonja.

Carole is going to have to do better than ditching Bethenny and embracing Ramona.  As I recall she could not stand Ramona last year and had zero sympathy for her.

I am sure at some level Carole realizes that she was sold a bill of goods regarding Bethenny's angelic demeanor while having custody of Bryn.  I liked Carole better when she said Bethenny was wound tight as a top.  Then Carole went there confessing to Bethenny she dreamed of having sex with her.  It will take a lot for me to love Carole.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole is going to have to do better than ditching Bethenny and embracing Ramona.  As I recall she could not stand Ramona last year and had zero sympathy for her.

Well I have popcorn at the ready.  I don’t care what Ramona says, I think Tinsley and Carole are friends.  I believe it is organic.  Both are dating.  Both are childless.  Both have an income, although we don’t know from where or how.  Both get hives if they travel outside of their 5 block area. Both do absolutely nothing.  They don’t work, they don’t cook, they do absolutely nothing.

Bethenny never seemed like a good fit with Carole.  It was nice while it lasted and hopefully it’s going to be as entertaining as hell watching it fall apart.  And let’s face it, Carole needs a story line.  I suspect Jill will be watching to see how this is done when it’s done well.

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Both get hives if they travel outside of their 5 block area.

They went to Spain together - well outside a five block area ; )

8 hours ago, ryebread said:

Ha! -- I don't love her, but I don't loathe her like I used to (the passion of a thousand nuns is now at 500 Nun Watts).

And Radziwill did it fair and square; the marathon (and running for North Shore Animal League), her easy way with Tinsley (it seems like there's potential for fun there, not just drunken bickering as has become the dynamic with the others) her currently clear-eyed view of Bethenny -- all with nary a pigtail in sight! -- at this point, I would genuinely tip over into liking if she owned/said she regretted her ugly comments about Jules (and her wrangle with Luann over Luann's ancestry, but that wasn't as personal and ugly to me as commenting on Jules' eating.  And then there's that creepy gun photo on her insta as well...)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, film noire said:

They went to Spain together - well outside a five block area ; )

Ha! -- I don't love her, but I don't loathe her like I used to (the passion of a thousand nuns is now at 500 Nun Watts).

And Radziwill did it fair and square; the marathon (and running for North Shore Animal League), her easy way with Tinsley (it seems like there's potential for fun there, not just drunken bickering as has become the dynamic with the others) her currently clear-eyed view of Bethenny -- all with nary a pigtail in sight! -- at this point, I would genuinely tip over into liking if she owned/said she regretted her ugly comments about Jules (and her wrangle with Luann over Luann's ancestry, but that wasn't as personal and ugly to me as commenting on Jules' eating).

I am looking back at some Instagram photos and it shows Carole, Tinsley, Ramona and Dorinda and all I could think of is how did Carole get stuck with all the drunks?  Then I realized the rest of the litter are not exactly poster kittens for sobriety.

Carole is making me nuts how she carefully positions her words when it comes to her changing friendship with Bethenny.  

Carole seemed to be less cranky when she was  accusing or delving into others' and their butt sex habits, or when she pretend to be writing a new book, or using all her energy to convince the world how the very cool Adam was in love with her. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am looking back at some Instagram photos and it shows Carole, Tinsley, Ramona and Dorinda and all I could think of is how did Carole get stuck with all the drunks?  Then I realized the rest of the litter are not exactly poster kittens for sobriety.

Carole is making me nuts how she carefully positions her words when it comes to her changing friendship with Bethenny.  

Carole seemed to be less cranky when she was  accusing or delving into others' and their butt sex habits, or when she pretend to be writing a new book, or using all her energy to convince the world how the very cool Adam was in love with her. 

Perhaps she's leaving the door open to rehabilitate the relationship, and doesn't want to say something that would permanently harm that possibility.  Or, she's straight up skeert of B.

On the Adam subject - I'm of a mind that she was so laissez faire about the relationship because she was trying to prepare herself for him leaving.  I think she was totally into him, but wasn't convinced that he was as invested.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Then Carole went there confessing to Bethenny she dreamed of having sex with her.  It will take a lot for me to love Carole.

For sure, ZM.  It would take a lot for me to love Carole.  My post was written with a dose of sarcasm the size of Bethenny's ego.

For instance, I would somehow have to forget her use of the word 'blowies' and how she pretended not to know that lavender can be used in cooking.  And barfing on Adam's shoes.  And grabbing Aviva's face and telling her she was a nothing because she didn't work. And. And. And. Yeah, it's going to take a lot.  Now, if Aviva came back, (there's word on the street about that) and Carole apologized and admitted that she used a ghost writer, me and Carole? Likethis.

• Love 9
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Christi said:

Carole has never had Kennedy-level money and she's never pretended to.  She's also been very clear that she did not marry into the Kennedys, she married into the Radziwills.   She's not her mother-in-law,

• Love 7
(edited)

For instance, I would somehow have to forget her use of the word 'blowies' and how she pretended not to know that lavender can be used in cooking.  And barfing on Adam's shoes.  And grabbing Aviva's face and telling her she was a nothing because she didn't work. And. And. And. Yeah, it's going to take a lot.  Now, if Aviva came back, (there's word on the street about that) and Carole apologized and admitted that she used a ghost writer, me and Carole? 

It's all coming back to me now....

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)

I never saw Carole as her mouthpiece.

Now, if Aviva came back, (there's word on the street about that) and Carole apologized and admitted that she used a ghost writer, me and Carole? Likethis.

Why would she need to apologize and admit to a bunch of asinine rumors started by Aviva, a woman who in her own way is just as Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs as Kelly?

Carole has never had Kennedy-level money and she's never pretended to.  She's also been very clear that she did not marry into the Kennedys, she married into the Radziwills.   She's not her mother-in-law,

I do wonder how that "Carole is worth $50m" idea came about.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6

If Russell Crowe can sell his used jockstrap for $7k, then hey, good for Carole if she can get some coins from her used clothes.

I wouldn't be intersted in either, but hey, other people seem to be...

• Love 4

Maybe she is that hard up for cash? We don't really know her financial situation. In addition to the selling of the used panties online, she's also been doing appearances at cheesy events with Teresa Giudice and Brandi Glanville. I feel like that sort of thing should be beneath her but hey, maybe she needs the $.

• Love 5

I don't know how it works on Poshmark, but on eBay if a seller is donating the proceeds from an item to charity, there's a designation on the item page and I think on the "about the seller" page, too.  I didn't see anything like that on Carole's items or on her account page.  I've sometimes bought vintage jewelry from a seller who was part of a group that donated to a particular charity, and I always knew what/who was benefiting.  You'd think that would be a selling point and would be mentioned prominently, if true.  I'd go out of my way to buy from that seller.

• Love 9