Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

On 7/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, Aspenemptynest said:

I’d like to know what “spa” Sonja was stuck at. The difference in her on the show and her at home talking heads is night and day!

She probably wasn't geting free booze and party food hence the weight loss. 

• Love 9

She revealed on the Bravo website that she got a neck and lower facelift after last season wrapped. She is promoting the Dr and his book so I'm sure she got it comped. She does look good.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I wonder if Sonja’s daughter ever tries to get help for her mother - this woman is a mess, both psychologically and regarding substance abuse. Maybe the daughter has just given up on her because Sonja is her own worst enemy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I wonder if Sonja’s daughter ever tries to get help for her mother - this woman is a mess, both psychologically and regarding substance abuse. Maybe the daughter has just given up on her because Sonja is her own worst enemy.

This is an excellent question. I do believe Quincy is old enough to realize that someone needs to intervene here. But wouldn’t the media have picked it up? Maybe Quincy calls her father, and he tells her to just leave it alone, he’s not paying for Sonja’s therapy or rehab. Sonja has embarrassed his family enough. Sonja has flushed enough money down the drain (movie producer fail). Maybe Quincy cries and begs, and her dad tells her that he and his current wife are her family now- -she must distance herself from Sonja. He’s still angry at himself for his stupid mistake, and it’s clouding how he parents Quincy. Which is not commendable, but, really, could anyone have predicted this woman would spin out so egregiously? We all liked her in her first season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Isn't she just now 18 or 19? That's a lot of responsibility to place on her. She's the daughter, not the mother. We could ask the same thing of Slurinda's daughter, she's older at least. but we all know how viscious she is when confronted with anything.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Isn't she just now 18 or 19? That's a lot of responsibility to place on her. She's the daughter, not the mother. We could ask the same thing of Slurinda's daughter, she's older at least. but we all know how viscious she is when confronted with anything.

While it’s not her responsibility, most daughters over 10 would try to get help for such a mother - by asking their father or grandparents or other relatives for help. Which doesn’t mean any of them would want to deal with it. 

I do ask the same question of Dorinda’s daughter - thought that’s what their talk would be about. Instead, the daughter cheered her mom on. Good grief!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

While it’s not her responsibility, most daughters over 10 would try to get help for such a mother - by asking their father or grandparents or other relatives for help. Which doesn’t mean any of them would want to deal with it. 

I do ask the same question of Dorinda’s daughter - thought that’s what their talk would be about. Instead, the daughter cheered her mom on. Good grief!

Has there been any indication one way or another that she has or has not done so in any gossip items? I never hear anything from her.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:59 PM, 65mickey said:

She revealed on the Bravo website that she got a neck and lower facelift after last season wrapped. She is promoting the Dr and his book so I'm sure she got it comped. She does look good.

They look good in photos and talking heads with filters.  But when they're filmed in natural light or just out of bed or whatever, they do look their age.   Especially Ramona, she's not that much older but looks a lot older.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Has there been any indication one way or another that she has or has not done so in any gossip items? I never hear anything from her.

I’ve never seen anything about either daughter - just don’t know how they could watch their mothers’ show and not want to help. It does seem like women who get hired by Bravo start out with vulnerabilities (marketability?) that get worse and worse with all the drinking on the show.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

I guess this explains why Quincy hasn’t tried to help her wreck of a mother.

“Morgan says Quincy has never even watched any of the episodes.”

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/04/sonja-morgan-daughter-quincy-adams-father/

Sonja is delusional, but let’s pretend she’s telling the truth. Quincy’s friends and frenemies would have told her how her mother behaves on this show, I am sure. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, nexxie said:

I guess this explains why Quincy hasn’t tried to help her wreck of a mother.

“Morgan says Quincy has never even watched any of the episodes.”

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/04/sonja-morgan-daughter-quincy-adams-father/

I'm guessing @hoodooznoodooz is right, and someone would have told them.

But if I were Sonja's daughter I'd never watch because of the deep shame and if I were Slurinda's daughter I wouldn't want to watch because of PTSD.

I get what you were saying, you'd think someone in their life would love them enough to intervene, and if not their daughter's who? But I'm also a recovering alcoholic, and I know nothing anyone said would have stopped me until I was ready, and people said stuff to me, even my daughter, and I kept drinking. It's the nature of addiction.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She claims she doesn't drink when not filming. 

But yet she got kicked out of a gay bar near Wharton -- when they weren't filming. . . .

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 4
On 7/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, nexxie said:

I think that there is also a difference between addiction issues and narcissism. Like any true narcissist, Dorinda doesn't think there is anything wrong with her behavior. It's hard to get help for narcissistic behavior because they think everyone else is wrong and they don't think that there is anything wrong with them. I doubt Hannah could help Dorinda even if she wanted to.

Sonja is an unpleasant mess, but I don't think she's a narcissist. I do think she has a problem with alcohol, but I also agree that it isn't on Quincy to get help for her mother. She's still basically a kid and her mother is an adult. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/23/2020 at 1:59 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sonja is delusional, but let’s pretend she’s telling the truth. Quincy’s friends and frenemies would have told her how her mother behaves on this show, I am sure. 

Sonja is a compulsive liar and exaggerator.   She bragged that her daughter got only A's and perfect SAT's.  Could be but why isn't she at the family alma mater - Yale?  Not that Upenn isn't excellent but being a legacy from a famous super wealthy American family, you have to wonder if she takes after her mother a little more.  And Sonja also bragged that high end fashion houses were after her daughter to model.   She's a cute teen but probably about 5'3" with an ordinary build.   Why would they be clamoring for Sonja's daughter?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Sonja is a compulsive liar and exaggerator.   She bragged that her daughter got only A's and perfect SAT's.  Could be but why isn't she at the family alma mater - Yale?  Not that Upenn isn't excellent but being a legacy from a famous super wealthy American family, you have to wonder if she takes after her mother a little more.  And Sonja also bragged that high end fashion houses were after her daughter to model.   She's a cute teen but probably about 5'3" with an ordinary build.   Why would they be clamoring for Sonja's daughter?

Excellent points! And I have to wonder if Penn is struggling, if Sonja Morgan is speaking on campus. As an alumna, I am appalled.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, Lemons said:

UPenn is a VERY good school with admission requirements similar to the other Ivy League schools.  The thing about UPenn is that it is in Philadelphia which is a great city for art, history, and medicine.  And the city itself is not sprawling like NYC.  I think UPenn mixes an urban experience with a campus/collegey experience nicely. If I'm not mistaken, Sonja's daughter is studying art. Maybe there is something unique about UPenn's art program or maybe she just likes the school better - a personal taste issue.

I dunno.  Yale and Harvard just sound BORING these days.  My niece went to U of Chicago - aka "the school where fun goes to die" (or something like that).  Of all the Ivy's, UPenn would be right up my alley IF I had the smarts and the money! 

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

art.  I'd wager the UPenn art program is better than Yale's. 

Yale is currently ranked number 2  for its Fine Arts program, UPenn's program doesn’t crack the top 50.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Yale is currently ranked number 2  for its Fine Arts program, UPenn's program doesn’t crack the top 50.

I stand corrected!  Post modified.

Edited by Jextella
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Excellent points! And I have to wonder if Penn is struggling, if Sonja Morgan is speaking on campus. As an alumna, I am appalled.

I doubt very sincerely that Wharton was struggling, at least during the time this was filmed.

Penn is an Ivy League school, just like Yale (I am also an alum). If Quincy got into Penn, it's likely she also got into Yale. In fact, it would have been more difficult for her to get into Penn as a non-legacy student than into Yale as a legacy. So I am going to guess that she's going to Penn mostly because she wanted to go to Penn, not as a consolation prize. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

UPenn is a VERY good school with admission requirements similar to the other Ivy League schools.  The thing about UPenn is that it is in Philadelphia which is a great city for art, history, and medicine.  And the city itself is not sprawling like NYC.  I think UPenn mixes and urban experience with a campus/collegy experience nicely. If I'm not mistaken, Sonja's daughter is studying art. Maybe there is something unique about UPenn's art program or maybe she just likes the school better - a personal taste issue.

I dunno.  Yale and Harvard just sound BORING these days.  My niece went to U of Chicago - aka "the school where fun goes to die" (or something like that).  Of all the Ivy's, UPenn would be right up my alley IF I had the smarts and the money!

I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of Sonja in Center City,  my daughter lives in Philadelphia and we walk everywhere, I would linger around Rittenhouse Sq. hoping that I spy Sonja (because there are very expensive hotels in that area so you know she is pissing away money for that), and tell her all the things she is doing wrong and to sober up...I will mention this page and tell her what my 50 closest posting friends are saying about her, lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

UPenn is an Ivy League School.  Period.  It's ranked right up there with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc.  And I agree with @eleanorofaquitaine that it was probably harder for Quincy to get accepted, being a non-legacy.  In fact, it may have simply Quincy's wish to not attend Yale and do it on her own, as a non-legacy.  Color me impressed.  I barely got into my public state school.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I doubt very sincerely that Wharton was struggling, at least during the time this was filmed.

Penn is an Ivy League school, just like Yale (I am also an alum). If Quincy got into Penn, it's likely she also got into Yale. In fact, it would have been more difficult for her to get into Penn as a non-legacy student than into Yale as a legacy. So I am going to guess that she's going to Penn mostly because she wanted to go to Penn, not as a consolation prize. 

Based on the the famous alumni coming out and looking at who is speaking at the school, you have to wonder!  Just kidding.

There are many schools that are excellent all over the country but the top three are almost always Harvard, Yale, Princeton.

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

UPenn is an Ivy League School.  Period.  It's ranked right up there with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc.  And I agree with @eleanorofaquitaine that it was probably harder for Quincy to get accepted, being a non-legacy.  In fact, it may have simply Quincy's wish to not attend Yale and do it on her own, as a non-legacy.  Color me impressed.  I barely got into my public state school.

With the money behind the name Morgan I don't think she had a hard time getting in almost anywhere.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lemons said:

There are many schools that are excellent all over the country but the top three are almost always Harvard, Yale, Princeton.

There is nothing more boring than Ivy League people arguing about which school is better but the fact is that they are all basically the same when it comes to difficulty getting in, etc. (More specifically, it also depends on which program you are trying to get into - Penn tends to focus on its graduate programs than its undergraduate but that doesn't mean it is easy to get in as an undergrad).

I mean, I live in Boston and understand the mystique of Harvard. But Wharton is considered more prestigious than HBS, while Harvard has a leg up on the Med School and probably the law school. But regardless, I seriously doubt that Quincy couldn't have gone to Yale if she wanted to. I am guessing she just didn't want to. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Can we just talk about Sonja's basement ?

The 7/23 episode showed her noticing the leak in her townhouse basement. Leak or no water leak, I could not help but notice the messy rolling rack of clothing, dresses, etc sitting there - not covered or protected in anyway. Then behind that were shoe boxes on some shelves in the same camera shot. 

My point is, basements in older homes likes that are dank (and it looks dank). Things get mildewed, then smell, then deteriorate over time.  And from what we've seen thru the years, Sonja is a hoarder, not necessarily in the severe sense, but she can't get rid of stuff - nor can she properly take care of things she wants to keep. What the hell ? Remember all the cleaning crap she stored in the non-working elevator? At first that was sorta quirky and charming, but now? I think its all part of this syndrome with her that she cant move on psychologically.Living in the past. She needs a good therapist. 

I also suspect she may now be in even bigger financial trouble. She was getting ready to re-rent that townhouse (current season filming in fall 2019)  by doing some way overdue decorating upgrades, getting the grandma look out of it. But now, the pandemic, and people fleeing New York City, even if only temporarily, she  probably cannot rent it, yet has to pay the bills, taxes, etc. 

I think that's why she was spiraling down so bad with the drinking. 

She does look re-freshed in her current talking heads, and her couple of WWHL appearances.

She has tried to clean up her act. She cant lose this RHONY gig. 

1 minute ago, Bossa Nova said:

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lemons said:

With the money behind the name Morgan I don't think she had a hard time getting in almost anywhere.  

If it's true she had near perfect SAT scores, she's no slouch.

Neither is Sonja for that matter.  I'm going to get lambasted for saying this, but I think all the NYC women are pretty smart - Sonja included.

I think her issues are similar to Dorinda's - she never created something of her own - on her own,  and she is now a little lost at sea.  I don't think we are seeing either of them function at the level they are capable of both personally and professionally.

I have to give props to Luanne for finding something that works for her.  These three went through the ringer for sure, and so far, Lu is the one who has managed to find a path - which I hope does not evaporate in the COVID world.  

Ramona, Luanne, and Sonja are strong, smart and savvy.  They've managed to navigate the entertainment biz and learned how to present themselves on the show in a way that keeps them interesting and afloat for years.

Dorinda and Jill are the same, but their blunders as cast members have been too egregious to put them in the same camp as Ramona, Luanne, and Sonja.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9

I’m watching Season 4 of the Housewives where Sonja comes on after her divorce.  She comes on so pretentious like she’s royalty or something.  For a girl who came from upstate New York, and snagged J.P. Morgan where she was a hostess, I really have to laugh.  She’s still a ditz no matter who she’s married to.  She’s acting like someone she’s not.  What a difference from after the divorce until now.  From society, she thinks, to a drunken, poor, out of control Trollop.  Sonja, LuAnn, Alex and Jill really think who they are.  It’s just laughable.  They are just women on t.v., and are not even good actresses.

• Love 6
On 7/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Can we just talk about Sonja's basement ?

The 7/23 episode showed her noticing the leak in her townhouse basement. Leak or no water leak, I could not help but notice the messy rolling rack of clothing, dresses, etc sitting there - not covered or protected in anyway. Then behind that were shoe boxes on some shelves in the same camera shot. 

That was seriously so gross. The basement itself didn't look too bad, but all the stuff crammed down there definitely did. The dripping pipe looked like a condensation line coming down from the heating/air conditioning or even the overflow pan on the washing machine.  It looked like it was once connected for proper drainage but had been knocked loose during whatever work she had done to the house. Poor townhouse. It deserves better.

Regarding Quincy, that's a tough one to figure out. Judging by her Instagram she travels with her mother quite a bit, and does seem to be very close to her. I think old man Morgan *has to be subsidizing those trips and luxury activities they do together. It would have appeared that Q was living at the townhouse by herself at one point, while Sonja was in her apartment in Columbus Circle (I *think, I'm not sure). I wonder if the townhouse will go to Quincy on the condition that Sonja stays in her apartment. In which case OMM would have to get it fixed up properly.

• Love 3

I'm guessing Sonja stored the clothes that wouldn't fit into her tiny Columbus Circle apartment in the basement while she was renting out the house, but failed to take any steps to protect them. As we all know, Sonja keeps things forever and re-uses them (remember the sharpie on the Chanel bag), but now all her old classics are ruined, and she's left with re-branded Ali Express garments from her own line, or designer clothes still with the tags on which she returns the next day. We've seen her do this a few times this season (even with tight-fitting satin pants) and hopefully word has now got around on Fifth Ave that returns are not to be accepted from Sonja Morgan.

I'm sure all those who warned her husband against marrying her are rubbing their hands with glee at how right they were that she is nothing but a low-class tart. Rather than respecting the Morgan name, she drags it through the mud with her drunken antics. She can't have a conversation without making it about sex, usually in the crudest way she can think of. She's an embarrassment.

• Love 12

Neither is Sonja for that matter.  I'm going to get lambasted for saying this, but I think all the NYC women are pretty smart - Sonja included.

I still remember Sonja's crack about Aviva wanting fanfare for making it to St. Bart's: "“Let’s be clear here, this woman did not split the atom. She got on a plane with her husband, which she’s obviously done numerous times." When she's not crying over Morgan letters and family crests and getting alcohol poisoning, Sonja can be quick on her feet. 

I think her issues are similar to Dorinda's - she never created something of her own - on her own,  and she is now a little lost at sea.  I don't think we are seeing either of them function at the level they are capable of both personally and professionally.

Dorinda did have her own cashmere business in London, and Lady Diana was reportedly a client. I suppose a cynic would point out that she likely had her husband's financial backing, since he was an executive at Credit Suisse, But I still consider that a business that she created on her own.

• Love 8

I keep seeing that Dorinda had a cashmere business. What does this mean? Did she have a store where she sold cashmere sweaters and other articles of clothing? Or did she sell cashmere material to wholesale and retail stores or to individuals?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I keep seeing that Dorinda had a cashmere business. What does this mean? Did she have a store where she sold cashmere sweaters and other articles of clothing? Or did she sell cashmere material to wholesale and retail stores or to individuals?  

She and her ex had a posh boutique in London in the 90s specializing in cashmere and supplying it to fashion labels.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
On 8/19/2020 at 7:55 AM, biakbiak said:

She and her ex had a posh boutique in London in the 90s specializing in cashmere and supplying it to fashion labels.

Dorinda claimed that Princess Diana once wore one of "her" pashminas.  No proof, though, but sure -- PD was totally one of her clients (not that I buy it).

• Love 4
On 8/18/2020 at 9:26 PM, archer1267 said:

I still remember Sonja's crack about Aviva wanting fanfare for making it to St. Bart's: "“Let’s be clear here, this woman did not split the atom. She got on a plane with her husband, which she’s obviously done numerous times." When she's not crying over Morgan letters and family crests and getting alcohol poisoning, Sonja can be quick on her feet. 

I may be a voice of one, but I've always felt Sonja is one of the more intelligent of the housewives.  She's incredibly perceptive and on-point with her assessments of people and situations. 

Ramona too. Ramona's delivery is all sorts of wrong most times, but she is usually spot-on with her assessments as well.  

• Love 10
On 8/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, Silver Bells said:

I’m watching Season 4 of the Housewives where Sonja comes on after her divorce.  She comes on so pretentious like she’s royalty or something.  For a girl who came from upstate New York, and snagged J.P. Morgan where she was a hostess, I really have to laugh.  She’s still a ditz no matter who she’s married to.  She’s acting like someone she’s not.  What a difference from after the divorce until now.  From society, she thinks, to a drunken, poor, out of control Trollop.  Sonja, LuAnn, Alex and Jill really think who they are.  It’s just laughable.  They are just women on t.v., and are not even good actresses.

And even way back then at the end of season 3 reunion, she's talking about that blasted toaster oven. 😅🤣😂 It cracks me up. That never did come to fruition. Poor Sonja. She's so delusional. She needs to sell that townhouse and quit living in the past.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

And even way back then at the end of season 3 reunion, she's talking about that blasted toaster oven. 😅🤣😂 It cracks me up. That never did come to fruition. Poor Sonja. She's so delusional. She needs to sell that townhouse and quit living in the past.

If she had come through with that toaster oven, she could have made a fortune! Those air-fryer toaster ovens are very popular right now.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

I’m watching Season 4 of the Housewives where Sonja comes on after her divorce.

Just because it never ceases to amaze me, Sonja had been divorced for four years when she came in the show, they just hadn’t settled all the financials. Also, her husband was John A Morgan not John P. 

• Love 3

Sonja is a compulsive liar and exaggerator.   She bragged that her daughter got only A's and perfect SAT's. 

Wasn't there an episode several seasons ago when Sonja drunkenly claimed to be hanging out with JFK Jr? Who was, in fact, deceased! I think one of the wives called her on it. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Wasn't there an episode several seasons ago when Sonja drunkenly claimed to be hanging out with JFK Jr? Who was, in fact, deceased! I think one of the wives called her on it. 

She said she used to hang out with him not that she was currently; however, she called him “John-John” and Carole, who obviously was close to the man, pointed out that no one who actually knew him called him that because it was a tabloid moniker he hated. 

• Love 8
On 8/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Dorinda claimed that Princess Diana once wore one of "her" pashminas.  No proof, though, but sure -- PD was totally one of her clients (not that I buy it).

Maybe she wore the pashmina on the Morgan yacht with Puff Daddy and John John.

• LOL 12
On 9/2/2020 at 9:29 AM, biakbiak said:

She said she used to hang out with him not that she was currently; however, she called him “John-John” and Carole, who obviously was close to the man, pointed out that no one who actually knew him called him that because it was a tabloid moniker he hated. 

Like that would stop our Sonja from calling him that. That's how she grew up hearing him referred to, lol.

• Love 4

I think she looks nothing like herself.  It is quite shocking.

jumper sage, I agree. Did she have something else (other than facelift) done? Is it her nose? Cheeks? I can't tell but she looks dramatically different than she did on the season. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4