Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, anonymiss said:

That's a very sexy song for Olivia and Val. I guess they're doing a rumba. I always liked Feedback. Can't wait for "If" danced by Melora and Artem!

Same. If is a Sexy song as well. With some of the lyrics I'm surprised Disney is letting it slide lol. Not Complaing cause If is one of my Fav Janet songs. I'm looking forward to seeing what Daniela/Iman do for Rhythm Nation!

• Love 2

Val and Olivia will be dancing Argentine Tango according to the Press release -

· Jimmie Allen and  Emma Slater dancing the Cha Cha to “Escapade” 

· JoJo Siwa and  Jenna Johnson dancing the Salsa to “Feedback”

· Iman Shumpert  and  Daniella Karagach dancing the Cha Cha to “Rhythm Nation”

·  Olivia Jade  Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Argentine Tango to “Any Time, Any Place”

· Suni Lee and Sasha Farber dancing the Samba to “All For You”

·  Melora Hardin and  Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Paso Doble to “If”

” Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to “Miss You Much”

· Cody Rigsby and  Cheryl Burke dancing the Paso Doble to “Black Cat”

Dance Offs

·  Salsa – “Made For Now (Latin Version)” (Judged by Bruno Tonioli)

o Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater

o Suni Lee and Sasha Farber

·  Rumba – “That’s The Way Love Goes” (Judged by Carrie Ann Inaba)

o JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson 

o Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy

·  Foxtrot – “Again” (Judged by Derek Hough)

o Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach

o Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev

·  Cha Cha – “Together Again” (Judged by Len Goodman)

o Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten 

o Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke

Source https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-janet-jackson-night-11-8/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, White Dog said:

Hopefully they can put some Janet moves into the Cha Cha and not get penalized 

It will cost a point or two from Len but the fans will make up for it.  At least, I hope.  I remember Len didn't like Normani/Val's break down section in her salsa but I loved it!!

• Love 2

I don't know that I'd be surprised if some of the other long-standing and veteran pros (Cheryl for sure, but even Sharna) followed him soon enough. Between Tyra, the new producer that was the catalyst for Tom being fired, and the lack of creative control the pros have now, DWTS isn't the same show they were on for so long.

• Love 10

Here is the Press Release for Next Weeks show https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-semi-finals-here-they-come-11-15/

The couples (along with their dance styles and songs) are the following:

·       Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a redemption Argentine Tango to “Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)” by Gotan Project; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Before You Go (Piano Version)” by Lewis Capaldi

·       NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a redemption Tango to “Telephone” by Martynas; then for their new dance, a Jazz to “Dark Fantasy” by Kanye West

·       Olympic gymnast Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber will perform a redemption Foxtrot to “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Bublé; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Gravity” by Sara Bareilles

·       TV and film actress Melora Hardin (“The Bold Type”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a redemption Rumba to “I Don’t Want To Wait” by Paula Cole; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons

·       Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten will perform a redemption Tango to “Titanium” by David Guetta featuring Sia; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Live Your Life – Nick Cordero” by Lenii

·       Celebrity fitness guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a redemption Salsa to “Danza Kuduro” by Don Omar and Lucenzo; then for their new dance, an Argentine Tango to “La Cumparsita” by Forever Tango

ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Studios’ Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.

Edited by White Dog
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, White Dog said:

Here is the Press Release for Next Weeks show https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-semi-finals-here-they-come-11-15/

·       Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a redemption Argentine Tango to “Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)” by Gotan Project; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Before You Go (Piano Version)” by Lewis Capaldi

·       NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a redemption Tango to “Telephone” by Martynas; then for their new dance, a Jazz to “Dark Fantasy” by Kanye West

·       Olympic gymnast Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber will perform a redemption Foxtrot to “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Bublé; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Gravity” by Sara Bareilles

·       TV and film actress Melora Hardin (“The Bold Type”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a redemption Rumba to “I Don’t Want To Wait” by Paula Cole; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons

·       Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten will perform a redemption Tango to “Titanium” by David Guetta featuring Sia; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Live Your Life – Nick Cordero” by Lenii

·       Celebrity fitness guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a redemption Salsa to “Danza Kuduro” by Don Omar and Lucenzo; then for their new dance, an Argentine Tango to “La Cumparsita” by Forever Tango

ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Studios’ Los Angeles production arm. Andrew Llinares and Tyra Banks are executive producers.

Lots of contemporary and one jazz for new dances.  So basically, no rules.

• Love 4

I was hoping that Iman would get anything but VWaltz for Redemption because the height difference kills the top line so necessary for the rise and fall.

Tango should demonstrate an overall improvement since his Foxtrot dance off was really  good.  The song choice is excellent for Ballroom Tango.  

I hope the Jazz goes as well as the Contemporary but we never know. The other Contemporary dances will be pulling at the heart strings - I don’t know but 4 in one night might just be too many. 

• Love 2

I’m not sure if there’s a huge number crossover fans from SYTYCD, but there maybe which is a disadvantage for Suni. This music is probably the best known dance from that show. Even DWTS Lindsay and her partner Cole did a re-boot of that dance on SYTYCD and it didn’t capture the original. I’m sure Sasha will take it in an entirely different direction, but it’s tough when iconic music is associated with an iconic dance. Still But it can happen That’s why Jordan Fisher was such an amazing dancer. He did better Jive than the original to Proud Mary. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

DWTS execs blame talent, not Tyra Banks

Execs are blaming talent, not Tyra, for low ratings.

Unfortunately, can't fix stupid. Obviously, the execs are blind, deaf, and brainless if they think the ratings have dropped due to talent. This season had more talent than ever before IMO.

Tyra is the worst thing that's ever happened to DWTS. Her look-at-me strutting, shouting voice, annoying enunciation, poor choice of questions, stumbling/bumbling, and RIDICULOUS wardrobe choices (except for the last outfit she wore tonight - that blue was lovely) make her into a cartoon character. WHO decided she'd be a good fit for DWTS? That person(s) should be slapped with a pink slip and shown the exit.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Bliss said:

Tyra is the worst thing that's ever happened to DWTS. Her look-at-me strutting, shouting voice, annoying enunciation, poor choice of questions, stumbling/bumbling, and RIDICULOUS wardrobe choices (except for the last outfit she wore tonight - that blue was lovely) make her into a cartoon character. WHO decided she'd be a good fit for DWTS? That person(s) should be slapped with a pink slip and shown the exit.

I always mute her questions & the celebs answers because I have second hand embarrassment for them.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

I always mute her questions & the celebs answers because I have second hand embarrassment for them.

I was doing that but now she's talking all the time during the judging too. It's unbearable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kitcloudkicker said:

I get the sense the judges don’t really interact with the cast so hopefully that stays contained.

The issue is that, this week, the judges DID interact with the cast, so there's still worry with exposure from Derek to Iman/Daniella, who he mentored.

I wonder why they don't just have Derek judge virtually, but they didn't have him judge back when he isolated himself a few weeks bac so I guess it's a pick-and-choose situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The issue is that, this week, the judges DID interact with the cast, so there's still worry with exposure from Derek to Iman/Daniella, who he mentored.

I wonder why they don't just have Derek judge virtually, but they didn't have him judge back when he isolated himself a few weeks bac so I guess it's a pick-and-choose situation.

Yeah, but with his Vegas show schedule he would have mentored them like, last Tuesday right after last weeks show, then was in Vegas until yesterday right before showtime. I highly doubt he’s had it for a week - the most likely place he got it was in Vegas. People flying in from everywhere in the country to sit in a medium/small sized theater - doing any sort of live show right now is a calculated risk. 

I get the feeling that having a judge be remote is a timing nightmare - too much work for the payoff. They speak for like 10-15 seconds apiece throughout the whole show, vs the remote dance they did with Cheryl and Cody which they were able to patch in just once. Having to set Derek up with a stream so he can see the dances, and then patching back and forth all show feels like it just opens up a lot of opportunity for things to go wrong or off time, and while I like Derek, his presence isn’t make or break for the episode.

• Love 1

Also, considering he was in the ballroom last night, hopefully no one else goes down. I get the sense the judges don’t really interact with the cast so hopefully that stays contained.

Who did Derek mentor last night besides Iman/Daniella?

• Useful 1

Do we know what the quarantine rules are? In my area of the country (80% vaccinated including the teens, mask mandates pretty much every where) there is a 14 day quarantine for anyone who tests positive and is not vaccinated. Vaccinated folks are deemed fine as soon as they have a negative test and are not symptomatic. The high schools and middle schools allow vaccinated kids (kid1) to be in school if they are a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID as long as kid1 has a negative test. Elementary school kids have a 10 day quarantine if they are a close contact.

So where I am, Derek would be allowed back at work as soon as he tests negative if he is vaccinated.

• Useful 2

Yeah, but with his Vegas show schedule he would have mentored them like, last Tuesday right after last weeks show, then was in Vegas until yesterday right before showtime. I highly doubt he’s had it for a week - the most likely place he got it was in Vegas. People flying in from everywhere in the country to sit in a medium/small sized theater - doing any sort of live show right now is a calculated risk. 

Well, it takes up to 5 days after exposure to test positive so it's absolutely possible that Derek could have exposed Iman/Daniella. Maybe the chances aren't THAT high, but it's still possible, so I'd imagine Iman/Daniella are potentially isolating and being tested, though I'm sure everyone on set is, since Derek is likely in contact with a lot of the crew, who are also in contact with the pairs.

I'm sure Iman/Daniella are fine and probably will test negative since their chances of getting it from Derek are slim, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility yet. You could be right, for sure, but I bet everyone is getting tested today. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Do we know what the quarantine rules are? In my area of the country (80% vaccinated including the teens, mask mandates pretty much every where) there is a 14 day quarantine for anyone who tests positive and is not vaccinated. Vaccinated folks are deemed fine as soon as they have a negative test and are not symptomatic. The high schools and middle schools allow vaccinated kids (kid1) to be in school if they are a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID as long as kid1 has a negative test. Elementary school kids have a 10 day quarantine if they are a close contact.

So where I am, Derek would be allowed back at work as soon as he tests negative if he is vaccinated.

Where I am it is (also a high vaccinated area)  at least 10 days even if vaccinated or until you have no more symptoms. I took a look at LA County and those seem to be the same.  Sucks that Derek had a breakthrough case so close to the finale. I think he's a good judge definitely better than Carrie Ann

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Back when I was doing contact tracing in CA, the count for quarantine started at exposure date, not test date (because test date isn't meaningful). We only used test date if the person had no idea when they were exposed and had been in constant contact with other people.

• Useful 5

Derek was going into the audience of his Vegas show and interacting with people. You’d think after one Covid scare they would’ve been more careful. Ugh. I guess he could come back if he tests negative before the finale. I would think the other judges could be considered close contact . Get your boosters people. The shots have worn off by 6 months. In California any adult can get a booster.

I know the dancers said they are tested every other day but I’m guessing Dereks result came in just after the show…

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, babyhouseman said:

DWTS execs blame talent, not Tyra Banks

Execs are blaming talent, not Tyra, for low ratings.

What a load of BS.  With a few exceptions, from a pure dancing ability, this has been one of the better celeb groups in recent years.  The execs don't know that in most seasons, the general public doesn't know who half (or more) of the contestants are?  This season's ratings may be a hangover from last season's poor showing. There also has to be some backlash over Tom being fired for criticizing the show having politically controversial cast members (and yes, Tom was canned). Tyra is a poor substitute for Tom's calmness, quick wit and consumate professionalism.  It also may be that the show's time has come and gone after so many seasons and that Trya's rambling, ungainly presence has hastened that along.

• Love 11

This is my first season watching. I probably won't watch another season.

Here are my thoughts

I don't like Bruno as a judge. He is too busy trying to be a character and be a central part of the show. His schtik is not entertaining. 

Derek is the best judge. I like his feedback, it is constructive and solid. He seems to be invested and involved without forcing himself into the show.

Len is hit or miss. His comments seem dismissive and not all that useful. 

Carrie Ann is somewhere between Derek and Bruno. She seems to know what she is talking and focus on the technical elements of the dance, which I like.

There are few people appearing on this show that I would call a "star." I knew about half of the people at the start of the show but none of them are big names that are going to draw in many people. The other people I had no clue who they were: 

I don't watch the Real Housewives series of shows like that. I can't even remember the name of the Atlanta Housewife who was vote out or the women from the Crazy Rich Asian show.

I knew Miz from Real World and not wrestling.

I knew Brian from 90210.

I still don't know what Amanda has done to be called a star. I think she was on Broadway and I know her husband died of COVID and he was involved in Broadway. Maybe?

JoJo is a child reality star that became a teen singer/performer who is transitioning to being an adult performer.

Olivia Jade has felons for parents who cheated to get her into a college that she couldn't get into on her own.

Iman plays basketball but is not the star on any team that I know of.

Melora was on the Office but not one of the characters I watched the show for. 

Cody I knew from Peloton. I skip his classes and avoid his content on in demand because he is not my type of instructor. 

Kobra Kai was voted off early and should never have been on the show.

Sunni is an amazing gymnast who won Gold Medals at the Olympics. 

They would be better to reduce the number of "stars" and maybe focus more on what the dances are suppose to look like, what makes a rumba a rumba. What are the required steps. Show more of the learning and focus each episode on one dance so that people can actually compare the dances on a given show. Maybe don't cut anyone until half way through the show so that you can see them developing skills and grow. 

Tyra needs to go, she really is awful. Bruno needs to go. 

• Love 2

I know the dancers said they are tested every other day but I’m guessing Derek's result came in just after the show…

COVID testing can be flawed.  My son in law got COVID from work (first responder).  Was sick as a dog.  Took a rapid test and was negative.  Ended up going to another location and taking the two hour test and was positive.  My other son in law works around college students and had been in close contact with multiple students that tested positive.  He has never tested negative, having taken dozens of test over the months

Derek may have tested positive randomly but may end up testing negative before the finale. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, ProfCrash said:

Do we know what the quarantine rules are?

Quarantine is for persons who are exposed (close contacts) to a confirmed case and may be incubating the virus.  Isolation is for persons who are actually infected.  If Derek has a confirmed case of COVID-19, per the message from the OP, then he is under LA County isolation orders (which matches CDC recommendations).  He must isolate for a minimum of 10 days AND until he is free of fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications (e.g. Tylenol, Motrin), AND other symptoms are improving.  So, he must isolate for at least 10 days but it could be longer.   A negative test result does not affect the required isolation period, so under usual circumstances there is no purpose to retesting during the isolation period or for 90 days after recovery unless new symptoms occur, since these very sensitive tests can remain positive for weeks after an infected person has completed their isolation and recovered from the illness.  The isolation period day count starts the day after the symptom onset date (day zero), or the day after a positive test result (day zero) if the person has no symptoms.  Not sure what the first date is that Derek can get out of isolation unless we know when his symptom onset date is or his positive test date if he has no symptoms.  But yes, it is very possible he has had close contact with various members of the cast and crew during his infectious period (which starts two days before symptom onset date, or two days before positive test date if he has no symptoms), and unmasked no less, which raises the risk of transmission.  However, anyone who is fully vaccinated (and I hope that is everyone on the production) is not recommended or required to quarantine after their exposure and can continue coming to the set.  They are only strongly recommended to test after their exposure and should mask up around others for up to 14 days.  I imagine it's extremely unlikely that any of the judges or host will wear a mask on camera or any of the contestants/pros will when they are performing on the dance floor, so the production will probably just have any exposed, vaccinated individuals mask when they are off camera or off the dance floor and test multiple times during the usual incubation period.  Anyone who is unvaccinated and was exposed to Derek as a close contact during his infectious period will have to quarantine off the set (at home) for ten days without testing, or seven days if a they have a negative test on or after day five and remain without symptoms.

And I think that covers it all. . .

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I don't like Bruno as a judge. He is too busy trying to be a character and be a central part of the show. His schtik is not entertaining. 

When Tom was there, he would tease Bruno for his silliness, and that was better. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

This is my first season watching. I probably won't watch another season.

Here are my thoughts

Derek is the best judge. I like his feedback, it is constructive and solid. He seems to be invested and involved without forcing himself into the show.

Len is hit or miss. His comments seem dismissive and not all that useful. 

Carrie Ann is somewhere between Derek and Bruno. She seems to know what she is talking and focus on the technical elements of the dance, which I like.

Agreed on all counts. 

Bruno's shtick is mildly entertaining at times, but 30 seasons in, it's a bit tiresome. I find him most interesting when he delivers carefully worded critiques that are probably more astute than anything anyone else is saying, but it's not part of his character to be the smart one.

I was wary of Derek as a judge because I didn't enjoy Julianne as a judge AT ALL (despite thinking they are both talented and mostly liking them during their time as pros). But I do think Derek has a lot of constructive comments and doesn't make things as ME ME ME as I expected him to. And I like his openness to variations when it suits the dance or the dancer vs being overly technical. Like his comment about Daniella and Iman's relay jive being the swaggiest jive and voting for them because of it. 

Len has his role on the show, but it gets as tiresome as Bruno's schtick at times. Yes, there is technique and all that, but this is also an entertainment show so I personally don't mind if they go a bit off the script with the dancing. I also find that he can be disproportionately dismissive of black male contestants. 

Carrie Ann is okay with me, she generally has something to say in her comments and has some personality behind the comments. I do miss the old days where she'd get in little verbal scuffles with contestants or pros here and there. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

They would be better to reduce the number of "stars" and maybe focus more on what the dances are suppose to look like, what makes a rumba a rumba. What are the required steps. Show more of the learning and focus each episode on one dance so that people can actually compare the dances on a given show. Maybe don't cut anyone until half way through the show so that you can see them developing skills and grow. 

But if they did that, then the show would have to really focus on the actual dancing and not whether someone is popular, has a fan base or the darling of the judges.  The only way that the format will change is if that needs to happen for the the show to survive.  That doesn't work so well at times either as long time SYTYCD viewers can attest to.  With the ratings sinking, going back a few years, the producers kept trying to reinvent the show with, at best, mixed results that didn't help. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Tyra needs to go, she really is awful. Bruno needs to go. 

Correct usage would be : YOU need Tyra to go. YOU need Bruno to go. THEY don't necessarily need to go.

I have watched every season. Sorry if I think I'll stick with my own opinions. 

Len judges on the basis of the character of the dance and how well the dancers perform and interpret it. 

Carrie Ann judges by the feelings she gets from the performance. No one can do that on command. Advice like "gave fun, free yourself, let go" is pretty useless. 

Derek is a perfect creature of dance put on this earth to embody everything that is wonderful about human bodies in motion. He is miraculous.

Bruno gives sound advice aside from his theatrics. He doesn't just say "feel the sway, put your heart into it". He says "shift your weight on the balls of your feet, that will create the hip action you want." Derek says these things too. Practical advice. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Correct usage would be : YOU need Tyra to go. YOU need Bruno to go. THEY don't necessarily need to go.

"Ccorrect usage"?   I also need Tyra to go (one of SO MANY).  I'm fine with everyone else (wouldn't miss Carrie Ann).  Three judges is more workable.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

"Ccorrect usage"?   I also need Tyra to go (one of SO MANY).  I'm fine with everyone else (wouldn't miss Carrie Ann).  Three judges is more workable.

That is right. Saying you, back atcha, need Tyra to be gone is correct. Saying Tyra needs to go is incorrect. Tyra doesn't need that. You do.

Here’s the Press Release for the Finale 

Dancing with the Stars: SEASON FINALE - Finale (11/22)

LAST CHANCE FOR THE LAST DANCE…IT’S THE FINALE!

THE FINAL FOUR CELEBRITY AND PRO-DANCER COUPLES COMPETE

FOR THEIR FINAL OPPORTUNITY

TO WIN THE COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY

“Finale” – This season’s remaining four couples will dance and compete in their final two rounds of dances in the live season finale where one will win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy, MONDAY, NOV. 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-PG, L) Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.

All 15 of the show’s season 30 celebrities will return to the ballroom to dance an opening number all together, performing to the hit song “Dynamite” by BTS, and choreographed by two-time Emmy® Award-winning choreographer Tessandra Chavez. Season 30 pro dancers will come together to perform a dance to “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard. In addition, the finale will feature special performances by Melanie C who will return to sing “2 Become 1” by the Spice Girls, and recent CMA Award winner Jimmie Allen will also perform his single “Good Times Roll.”

For their first-round dances, the finalist couples will each combine two styles of dance into one routine for a Fusion Dance. For the second and final round, the couples will perform the most anticipated dance of the season—the fan-favorite Freestyle.

Fans of the show will be able to vote during the live broadcast of the show in the EST/CST time zones via abc.com and SMS/text. (Note: To be clear, fans in all U.S. time zones may vote, provided they vote within the live show window.) The live viewer votes will be combined with the judges’ scores to determine the final rankings of season 30 and which finalist couple will become the season 30 Mirrorball Champions.

“Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough. 

·       Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a Tango and Cha Cha fusion dance to “I Love It” by Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX; then a freestyle dance to “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga

·       NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Cha Cha and Foxtrot fusion dance to “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire; then a freestyle dance to a medley of “Lose Control” by Missy Elliot feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop and “Bounce” by DJ Clent

·       Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten will perform a will perform a Viennese Waltz and Paso Doble fusion dance to “Never Tear Us Apart” by Bishop Briggs; then a freestyle dance to “A Sky Full of Stars” by Coldplay

·       Celebrity fitness guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a will perform a Paso Doble and Cha Cha fusion dance to “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue; then a freestyle dance to a medley of “Beethoven’s Fifth” and “Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels (Just Dance Version)” by Todrick Hall

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, White Dog said:

I’m stoked for Iman the song choices for the Freestyle are just going to be extra. 

I always look forward to the Freestyles.  I even want to see what Cody does with “Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels (Just Dance Version)” by Todrick Hall.  I think he enjoyed dancing to Britney's song and it was too bad that he had to do it from home.  Even though, I would prefer that he didn't win, he does have a big fan base so there's a chance that he will.  I'm still going to say that it's not a Bobby Bones situation because I haven't read anything where he has a bad attitude.  He's also a better dancer.  I think it's unfortunate that he and Cheryl caught Covid.  He has been improving but he's about a month behind what he could have been.  When the season first started, I actually thought he was the guy that had the most potential. To me, Cheryl didn't start looking like she had any energy until last week. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3