Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah, she's suffered sooo much with....losing her spot at the school she never wanted to attend, and losing the fans that she used to have. I mean, it has to suck that she can't be a viral sensation or infamous Youtuber anymore because of what her poor parents did. She went through so much, losing her dozen brand deals. She can't ever be famous again!

Yeah, super hard life she's lived, Tyra.

We all knew that the moment Olivia was announced as a contestant that this was a redemption arc. All she's looking to do is get back in the spotlight. Unfortunately, this will likely work and she'll gain subscribers/followers and she'll make some Big Return to Youtube when she documents her time on DWTS during and after she's done. 

The question is how it'll impact her parents' popularity. I'm not sure what angle the show will go: denounce her parents completely and make Olivia look like the poor victim who's been suffering SO MUCH (I guess that's already started), or use her parents in segments to showcase how sorry they are?  

• Love 6
On 9/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, Morrigan said:

I swear I remember Tara saying something like she was bring more diversity to DWTS.

And then, Keo Motsepe is benched. And after he sadly broke up with Chrishell early this year. Yeah right...

Wonder who Gleb's seeing lately?

I wish they kept Keo and not Gleb.  Gleb is just icky.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Lindsay did an Instagram Live and answered some questions about the upcoming season. There are no group dances this season, no big opening/closing numbers. Pros are not allowed to be within six or eight feet of each other (she used both numbers) and the couples cannot interact.

They're still doing the married-pros must live apart rule, and I don't understand that one (again) considering last year we saw some of the celebs off-show doing whatever they wanted. 

Lindsay also said that Sam (her husband) was probably going to come to the show one week, so if they are allowing outside people to come doesn't that defeat the contestants-must-not-interact rule?

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

They're still doing the married-pros must live apart rule, and I don't understand that one (again) considering last year we saw some of the celebs off-show doing whatever they wanted. 

Lindsay also said that Sam (her husband) was probably going to come to the show one week, so if they are allowing outside people to come doesn't that defeat the contestants-must-not-interact rule?

It’s not about reducing spread in general, necessarily, it’s about reducing spread among teams. So like, if Sam is visiting Lindsay, and he gets Covid, then Lindsay and her partner have to drop out as close contacts. 

But if Sasha gets exposed to Covid, and he’s still living with Emma, then it takes out 2 teams, Sasha + partner AND Emma + partner, and production is going to be scrambling to make the elimination schedule work. That’s why they can live together again after one of them gets cut.

That said, if they’re all hanging out off camera and breaking the rules, then it all does feel a bit like theater. But I think production is just trying to prevent a scenario where half the cast is in quarantine from an exposure all at the same time, which would decimate the production schedule.

• Love 3

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/dancing-with-the-stars-season-30-everything-we-know/ar-AAOgK3w?ocid=msedgntp

Who is dancing what:

Martin Kove - Paso Doble 

Mel C - Cha Cha Cha 

Jimmie Allen - Tango 

Brian Austin Green - Foxtrot 

Christine Chiu - Tango 

Melora Hardin - Tango 

Olivia Jade - Salsa 

Matt James - Cha Cha Cha 

Amanda Kloots - Tango 

Suni Lee - Jive 

Mike Mizanin - Cha Cha Cha 

Kenya Moore - Foxtrot 

Cody Rigsby - Tango 

Iman Shumpert - Jive 

Jojo Siwa - Quickstep 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, she's suffered sooo much with....losing her spot at the school she never wanted to attend, and losing the fans that she used to have. I mean, it has to suck that she can't be a viral sensation or infamous Youtuber anymore because of what her poor parents did. She went through so much, losing her dozen brand deals. She can't ever be famous again!

Yeah, super hard life she's lived, Tyra.

And WHO, but the most compassionate and TALENTED Tyra could possibly understand more?    

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 9/18/2021 at 2:27 AM, Back Atcha said:

And WHO, but the most compassionate and TALENTED Tyra could possibly understand more?    

Here's a 'net headline about our favorite HOSTESS and her stupid "magic" promotion ... "'Dancing With the Stars' Fans Are Fuming Over the Latest Season 30 Promos."

I'm not "fuming" because I rarely/barely watch--but I see the All-About-Tyra promotions.  WHO is giving her this power?  And WHY?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Here's a 'net headline about our favorite HOSTESS and her stupid "magic" promotion ... "'Dancing With the Stars' Fans Are Fuming Over the Latest Season 30 Promos."

I'm not "fuming" because I rarely/barely watch--but I see the All-About-Tyra promotions.  WHO is giving her this power?  And WHY?

Herself, probably. Didn't she negotiate for herself an exec. producer credit when she was hired as host?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Herself, probably. Didn't she negotiate for herself an exec. producer credit when she was hired as host?

Yeah, but some MAN hired her and agreee to her terms.  Did he (whoever he is) HATE Tom Bergeron that much?

22 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Yeah, but some MAN hired her and agreee to her terms.  Did he (whoever he is) HATE Tom Bergeron that much?

No, but he probably lusted after Tyra more. Some men will do anything if "smized" at🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, madpsych78 said:

If we're going to talk about that lead/follow has no gender, then...honestly...why don't females lead once in a while? Especially in Latin dances where they are less in hold. I mean seriously though. I remember that Karina had a celebrity who was 5'2" and she was taller than him, even with flat feet. He wasn't good by any means, but that would have been a good example of having her lead because she was taller. Why does this have to be gender-restricted? Maybe who leads and who follows should be determined by height, not gender. Personally, I think that THAT would be just as progressive as having a same-sex couple dancing on DWTS. 

I strongly suspect that Jojo will lead for the majority of the dances because 1) she is taller than Jenna and 2) Jenna is used to assuming the follower role anyway as a pro. 

I actually don't mind the ringers this season because there are a LOT of them. It's not like there are really one or two who stand out above the rest. 

My pair predictions:

Jimmie Allen and Witney

Mel C and Gleb

Christine Chiu and Pasha

Brian Austin Green and Sharna

Melora Hardin and Artem

Olivia Jade and Val

Matt James and Lindsay

Amanda Kloots and Alan

Martin Kove and Emma

Suni Lee and Sasha

Mike "The Miz" and Cheryl

Kenya Moore and Brandon

Cody Rigsby and Britt

Iman Shumpert and Daniella

Jojo Siwa and Jenna

Ugh I DO NOT want Linsday paired with The Bachelor alum. Bad enough the last 2 winners were from that dreadful franchise and Hannah was such a Production Pet that they ensured James was cut to clear the path for her win. Just with Lindsay being popular with Viewers and having won before with Jordan I can see Production thinking she'll get him far even if he sucks as a Dancer 

Edited by Josh371982

What makes no sense to me about the 6-8 foot rule between teams and pros is that Whitney showed herself and her family going to Disneyland when she arrived in LA. Lindsay went to the mall with her family and out to eat over the past few weeks. The pros all live in the same apartment building, unless they live at home in LA. I believe the celebs would be out and about too.  Either quarantine or don’t but don’t pretend that you are when you’re out on the town when you aren’t in rehearsal.  Meanwhile, Emma and Sacha aren’t wearing their wedding rings…

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

What makes no sense to me about the 6-8 foot rule between teams and pros is that Whitney showed herself and her family going to Disneyland when she arrived in LA. Lindsay went to the mall with her family and out to eat over the past few weeks. The pros all live in the same apartment building, unless they live at home in LA. I believe the celebs would be out and about too.  Either quarantine or don’t but don’t pretend that you are when you’re out on the town when you aren’t in rehearsal.  Meanwhile, Emma and Sacha aren’t wearing their wedding rings…

Oh no, I dread the idea that Emma & Sasha have a bad reason not to be wearing their rings! The cutest couple ever.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:25 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

Olivia Jade is just a kid, a teenager when her parents did their thing to ensure her a good school. Which they wanted more than she did. Parents can be assholes, just like anyone else. 

I wouldn't want to be branded as trash and my life deemed meaningless just because my parents did something illegal and stupid.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

Wow. I hope the stupid things my parents did didn't cause people to think that I didn't deserve anything good to happen to me.

She went along with it. She was active in the scam. She was not a small child, she was graduating high school.

She doesn't deserve to be considered a "Star."  She could just get a job and work at proving that she is better than her parents behavior. 

• Love 12

Cody is not a star in the normal sense but I can promise you that the Peloton groups are 100% behind him and they are a rabid bunch. Cody is not my jam, I avoid his classes because he is not my style, but the Peloton Strength group I belong to is all into watching and voting for him. He has a hidden fan base that is going to surprise folks. 

• Useful 2
On 9/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, madpsych78 said:

My pair predictions:

Jimmie Allen and Witney

Mel C and Gleb

Christine Chiu and Pasha

Brian Austin Green and Sharna

Melora Hardin and Artem

Olivia Jade and Val

Matt James and Lindsay

Amanda Kloots and Alan

Martin Kove and Emma

Suni Lee and Sasha

Mike "The Miz" and Cheryl

Kenya Moore and Brandon

Cody Rigsby and Britt

Iman Shumpert and Daniella

Jojo Siwa and Jenna

Quoting myself because the ones that are bolded are the only ones I didn't predict correctly. 11 out of 15 is not bad!

• Love 2

Cheryl Burke tests positive for COVID.

Which has Cody's fate on the show up in the air. If he also tests positive, he obviously has to drop out. There's a very good chance he doesn't dance live on the show tonight because he'll have to quarantine. And they may have to rely on rehearsal footage if he does test negative but still has to quarantine in case it was a false negative. And even on the off chance that they do let him dance, him and his new partner won't have much rehearsal time and they may also have to pre-tape his part. 

Yeah, like I said in the premiere thread, I don't know what this means for Cody or the show in in general. I'm trying to think, has anyone ever used rehearsal footage before for their voting-footage? I want to say it happened to Melissa Rycroft once in the All-Star season, but I'm not sure. I know they showed the rehearsal footage for Misty-May Treanor to show her injury to explain why she/Maks had to drop out, but that's the only real instance I remember.

Edit: Kristyn Butt has reported that Cody will be dancing with an alternate if his test is negative. I don't like that. If Cheryl really only found out about her positive yesterday or even a day or two before that, Cody could still have it even if he tested negative today.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

I'm sure they had a Covid plan for the show, apparently they have to test every other day.  I'm assuming that Cheryl didn't go to camera blocking yesterday if she was feeling sick in the morning.  I can't see how Cody wouldn't be considered a close contact though, they've rehearsed probably everyday but yesterday for 3 hours without masks on.  

They did use dress rehearsal footage once in place of an actual performance in a past season but the dress rehearsal would be taking place today.  This is a mess.  Even if you have Cody dance with an alternate today and have them both masked, did anyone really sign up for that?  You'd have to keep him completed isolated from everyone.  I suspect there's going to be some cleaning protocol issues with rehearsal spaces too.  They may have to go back to having everyone rehearse with masks.  They may need to go back to having everyone isolate too, so many of them have been out on the town everyday.  The only ones who seem to be isolating are the married couples and that's just from each other.

A Covid case basically week one? What a mess.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I'm sure they had a Covid plan for the show, apparently they have to test every other day.  I'm assuming that Cheryl didn't go to camera blocking yesterday if she was feeling sick in the morning.  I can't see how Cody wouldn't be considered a close contact though, they've rehearsed probably everyday but yesterday for 3 hours without masks on.  

They did use dress rehearsal footage once in place of an actual performance in a past season but the dress rehearsal would be taking place today.  This is a mess.  Even if you have Cody dance with an alternate today and have them both masked, did anyone really sign up for that?  You'd have to keep him completed isolated from everyone.  I suspect there's going to be some cleaning protocol issues with rehearsal spaces too.  They may have to go back to having everyone rehearse with masks.  They may need to go back to having everyone isolate too, so many of them have been out on the town everyday.  The only ones who seem to be isolating are the married couples and that's just from each other.

A Covid case basically week one? What a mess.

Whoever the alternate pro is could get sick, if Cody dances with her, even if Cody does test negative, presumably,

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Cody posted on instagram that he tested positive and has mild symptoms. No idea what this means for the show.

And this is exactly why in my opinion, once Cheryl tested positive, they should have eliminated the pairing ensuring no additional contact with anyone else from the show. Any consideration of his potentially being paired with someone else was outrageous in my opinion.

Let's hope he was still isolating and didn't start rehearsing with an alternate because now that's more contact tracing and isolation. At this point, that couple just needs to be eliminated and the show needs to return to the bubble they had last season.

Because I was very shocked to see that Cody and Cheryl were flying back and forth to NY. I refuse to believe this man can't do his Peloton classes from LA. I just felt that was asking for trouble. Even pre-pandemic, flying was one of the easiest way to catch all kinds of viruses.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And this is exactly why in my opinion, once Cheryl tested positive, they should have eliminated the pairing ensuring no additional contact with anyone else from the show. Any consideration of his potentially being paired with someone else was outrageous in my opinion.

Let's hope he was still isolating and didn't start rehearsing with an alternate because now that's more contact tracing and isolation. At this point, that couple just needs to be eliminated and the show needs to return to the bubble they had last season.

Because I was very shocked to see that Cody and Cheryl were flying back and forth to NY. I refuse to believe this man can't do his Peloton classes from LA. I just felt that was asking for trouble. Even pre-pandemic, flying was one of the easiest way to catch all kinds of viruses.

I don’t think Cody is doing his classes for Peloton, he has other instructors subbing for him. I know CDE subbed for him last night. But there is no studio in LA. Peloton did have instructors riding for home at the beginning of COVID. There was still a camera person at their home. 

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Cody posted on instagram that he tested positive and has mild symptoms. No idea what this means for the show.

They should’ve been eliminated. I read today that Cheryl started feeling ill on Friday but kept rehearsing that day and Saturday and didn’t test till Sunday.  He would’ve had 6 hours of close contact when she was symptomatic.  I am a little surprised if he was vaccinated and had Covid last winter and still caught it, he must be especially susceptible.

Expecting another pro to sub in and potentially catch the virus is not something anyone would’ve signed up for.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I don’t think Cody is doing his classes for Peloton, he has other instructors subbing for him. I know CDE subbed for him last night. But there is no studio in LA. Peloton did have instructors riding for home at the beginning of COVID. There was still a camera person at their home. 

Yeah, my one minuscule bit of Peloton knowledge is I used to go to Peloton classes in New York (including Cody’s classes, actually - pre-pandemic you could take them like regular spin classes) and they had a whole camera setup in the ceiling. Setting up an LA studio, even a stripped down one, feels complex. He’s also not the only one who’s been traveling, I believe Jimmie Allen is actively on tour.

Hopefully they haven’t had him practicing with anyone else yet? Rumors were it would have been Brit, because the new alternate pro is technically in a “COVID bubble” as a close contact with the other alternate pro and it seemed likely they wouldn’t break that if they didn’t have to. 

I don’t know how they’re saying “his future on the show is in doubt” though. He’s gotta be out, they just don’t want to say it? Because any way they try to keep him in feels sketch. No one else with an injury/illness gets to stay.

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

They should’ve been eliminated. I read today that Cheryl started feeling ill on Friday but kept rehearsing that day and Saturday and didn’t test till Sunday.  He would’ve had 6 hours of close contact when she was symptomatic.  I am a little surprised if he was vaccinated and had Covid last winter and still caught it, he must be especially susceptible.

Expecting another pro to sub in and potentially catch the virus is not something anyone would’ve signed up for.

If they had been eliminated, that likely would have spared Martin to stay another week, no?

Risking spreading a deadly virus vs inflicting Mr. Kove on the viewing audience again. Choices, choices...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

They could have had him practicing with Cheryl. They were already on the same team so maybe he was ok with that. If so, then they could do their dance in isolation?

I think they are sick. There wasn't any indication they are asymptomatic. Even practicing with mild covid lungs is going to make 3 hours almost impossible.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It's...a dance show. Cody/Cheryl have the cha-cha. How exactly is that supposed to work with both of them in separate rooms?

Just send them home and have them next season. This is not a good solution! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

They're THIS desperate to keeping him in that they're doing this.

OK, that is stupid.

Cody is reporting mild symptoms and that he doesn't feel even close to as bad as he did when he had COVID in the winter. But if they cannot dance together then just move them to another season. If they are that desperate to keep them on the show then have this week be a safe week and have a double elimination in two weeks. The other dancers have the benefit of an extra week of practice so their dances in 2 weeks should be that much better.

• Love 11

https://ew.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-cody-rigsby-cheryl-burke-dancing-virtually/

This article makes it seem like he's in New York and she's in LA and they will be dancing together but separate. But if they are performing together is he getting on a plane with Covid potentially exposing other people (I would assume a private one because you have to state you don't have covid on most commercial airlines). Are they having Hair,Makeup costume people come over? All over a stupid trophy . This is so dumb. Does the pelaton dude really have that rabid of a fan base?

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 5

This idea of Cody and Cheryl somehow dancing virtually from remote locations is absurd. It smacks of total desperation on the part of the showrunners.  How is this fair to Cody,  Cheryl and, frankly,  the other contestants. How are the judges supposed to deal with this?  The only plausible explanation is that the producers and the network suspect that this may not be, despite all of the safety precautions, the last instance of a breakout infection and are trying figure out how to keep the show going if they occur.   It's going to be pretty weird when it happens tomorrow night.

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 9

The show is obviously desperate to keep Cody on the show.  I’m surprised that either he or Cheryl feel up to dancing anything. How did Cody get to New York? He would’ve been in California for camera blocking etc. If he is in New York, he exposed everyone on the plane to Covid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

The show is obviously desperate to keep Cody on the show.  I’m surprised that either he or Cheryl feel up to dancing anything. How did Cody get to New York? He would’ve been in California for camera blocking etc. If he is in New York, he exposed everyone on the plane to Covid.

We don't know where Cody was when he found out Cheryl was COVID positive. I have no idea why he would have been in NY but he could have been. It doesn't seem like the Celebs on the show are sequestered or have to stay in a specific location so maybe he flew home for some thing before she was tested.

15 hours ago, cali1981 said:

This idea of Cody and Cheryl somehow dancing virtually from remote locations is absurd. It smacks of total desperation on the part of the showrunners.  How is this fair to Cody,  Cheryl and, frankly,  the other contestants. How are the judges supposed to deal with this?  The only plausible explanation is that the producers and the network suspect that this may not be, despite all of the safety precautions, the last instance of a breakout infection and are trying figure out how to keep the show going if they occur.   It's going to be pretty weird when it happens tomorrow night.

I'm wondering if Cody and Cheryl have jazz.  That could work with Britney night.  Otherwise, I don't see how they can do a partner dance from different states.

It would have been best if they just competed next season.  But maybe TPTB are worried that other couples could get Covid.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised they've moved heaven and earth to keep him on the show. He's probably the only male dancer who can match up to some of those girls unless one of the others show dramatic improvement, then you've got his fanbase and the show's desperation not to lose those viewers. I think we all know had this happened to a middle of the roader like say Christine, they'd probably have been withdrawn.

• Love 2