Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Her costume didn’t flatter her tonight either.  She has a beautiful figure and doesn’t need that mass of fringe they’ve been using,

I noticed the same thing and thought maybe they're covering her up because she might be pregnant (very early stage).

• Useful 2
On 9/24/2020 at 1:24 AM, kitcloudkicker said:

Disney night songs: https://abc.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/disney-magic-returns-to-the-ballroom-for-dwts-2020-week-3-disney-night

Hide contents

-head coach Monica Aldama ("CHEER") and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Waltz to "Part of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid"
- animal activist Carole Baskin ("Tiger King") and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Samba to "Circle of Life" from "The Lion King"
- Kaitlyn Bristowe ("The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette") and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Foxtrot to "How Far I'll Go" from "Moana"
- Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Quickstep to "Be Our Guest" from "Beauty and the Beast"
- TV and film actress Anne Heche and Keo Motsepedancing the Quickstep to "Zero to Hero" from "Hercules"
- Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Jive to "Almost There" from "The Princess and the Frog"
- actress Justina Machado ("One Day at a Time") and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Charleston to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from "Mary Poppins"
- Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Quickstep to "Prince Ali" from "Aladdin"
- Emmy® Award-winning host of "The Real" and sideline correspondent on "Holey Moley," Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Viennese Waltz to "Married Life" from "Up"
- TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Jive to "King of New York" from "Newsies"
- GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Foxtrot to "It's Alright" from "Soul"
- TV host Nev Schulman ("Catfish") and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Argentine Tango to "Angelica" from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"
- actress Chrishell Stause ("Selling Sunset") and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Waltz to "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from "Cinderella"
- Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Rumba to "Reflection" from "Mulan"

😴 A lot of repeats in here. They really don’t take enough advantage of Disney villain songs, which are more fun. Like, someone do a Be Prepared paso instead of the millionth pirate dance.

Well Carole is a Villian so it could have been a choice of her. Hell her dancing to Circle of Life is bad enough as it's one of my fav songs from the movie, I dont know how I'd feel about her dancing to my fav Disney Villian song 

• Love 2

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-top-13-10-5/

List of next week's dances and songs. No theme. AJ fans will like it as he has a segment where he talks about his group and dances to one of their songs.  And Skai will talk about her young costar from their Disney Channel show who died.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/tyra-banks-on-dwts-criticisms-i-dont-want-to-be-perfect/?fbclid=IwAR3DfA_MwHUfZzqSHbbpSH1wCa7z31kia3b4UkllgXAHP_fZDormOm9daEE

Tyra addresses criticism. She messes up because she keep it real with the teleprompter. OK.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 9/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, babyhouseman said:

http://www.justjared.com/2020/09/30/tom-bergeron-erin-andrews-were-fired-from-dwts-for-this-reason/?fbclid=IwAR0dQID82Xo2uW2kex8vBBppUR2VXHs10Q40rLVChtn1MdaNdgjPpQ2y0H8

The executive producer thinks is Tyra is wonderful. He said the show has better rhythm. Of course he's going to be all rainbows and lollipops. 

I saw the word "bored"... apparently Llinares (sp?) didn't want the viewers to get bored with the show.

Um, excuse me, sir, the LAST thing we were bored with was Tom.

Tyra? Hmmm... can only speak for me - I find her much worse than boring. I don't think I can post here my true thoughts, so I'll just say I find her TOO much about HER, and her fakeness (hair, makeup, costuming, voice, tone, etc.) and her lack of adlib talent is a turnoff. If she'd walk out in a white blouse, turned up collar - fine - and snazzy cuffs - great; black pants and sexy heels, and something dignified on her head, I'd give her a chance. She's just so not Tom in so many ways.

Thanks for letting me rant! 😉 l feel so much better now.

• Love 10

Tyra’s Scrapped Ideas

In this article she claims she herself scrapped many of her ideas to change the show. Scrapped? Or forced to scrap? She wouldn’t elaborate further.

They kept her over-the-top hairstyles, her drag-queenish persona, her awkward interview style, her hideous wardrobe, multiple costume changes and her unnecessarily forcing herself into every aspect of the show including being the focus of all promotional materials when before, it was the dancers. 

How bad were the ideas she had to abandon when she kept these “good” ones?

Edited by ChiefWiggum9-1-2
  • Love 15

80's night.

Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Tango to “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell 

·       Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Tango to “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany 

·       Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Tango to “Livin’ On a Prayer” by Bon Jovi

·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to “The Power of Love” by Huey Lewis & The News

·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing Jazz to “Maniac” by Michael Sembello 

·       Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Waltz to “Open Arms” by Journey

·       Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing Jazz to “Like a Virgin” by Madonna

·       TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Tango to “Everybody Wants to Rule The World” by Tears for Fears

·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Samba to “Rhythm of the Night” by DeBarge

·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Quickstep to “Take on Me” by a-ha

·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Cha Cha to “You Got it (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block 

·   Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing Contemporary to “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Taylor

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/episodes/80s-night/

• Love 2

At least most of them are dancing ballroom, so that is good. I guess if anyone can pull off contemporary, Johnny or Kaitlyn could. They look like they have ballet experience.

Why do they always do tangos to rock music? I wish they would use appropriate music.

Now I'd like to see some Argentine tangos. 

18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Cha Cha to “You Got it (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block 

It took me this long to realize that she was behind me at a NKOTB show in 2008.  Unfortunately she and her friends were...tipsy (and I'm being nice.)  

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, McManda said:

Oh boo... they're bringing back jazz. Does that mean will get contemporary this season, too? I hate contemporary. 

Me too, especially since their version of "contemporary" and "jazz" aren't even the real thing.

I'm sure they will conveniently give those to the people who suck who they want to pimp.

17 hours ago, McManda said:

Oh boo... they're bringing back jazz. Does that mean will get contemporary this season, too? I hate contemporary. 

Johnny is listed as doing contemporary next week so I assume others will get it as well.

1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Me too, especially since their version of "contemporary" and "jazz" aren't even the real thing.

I'm sure they will conveniently give those to the people who suck who they want to pimp.

I really wish the show would stick to ballroom dances (with the exception of the occasional Salsa). This isn't So You Think You Can Dance. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Johnny is getting contemporary next week.  I think he'll do a beautiful job since he has nice lyrical lines.  Also, I think Britt is a pro that will choreograph a proper contemporary.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, babyhouseman said:

Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing Contemporary to “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Taylor

This is going to be the most angsty dance ever seen!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Who are these people that want two or three Tyra costume changes a night? And lumping in all her negative reviews into "they don't like change" and "they want Tom back" doesn't solve the issue. Tyra is bad at this gig. 

I think the outfit changes just show that instead of adding sizzle as she says she is trying to make the show about her, as usual.  That is my personal opinion.  If she was really about the show, her sizzle would feature the show, the stars, the dancers, etc.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

If they really thought they had to replace Tom, there were so many better options than her.

This!!!! Why oh why did they not hire one of the past winners or popular competitors??? They obviously understood that when they hired both Brooke Burke and then Erin Andrews! That would have at least felt comfortable for the viewing audience and would have made Tom leaving a less bitter pill to swallow. The same with bringing back Derek to replace Len. Choosing her just feels like it came out of left field. So much about this season already felt different - this is one change too many, and then to add insult to injury she is just terrible at it.........

• Love 7

Next week has no theme. I'm so glad we know what song Tyra will clomp out to. 

The show will start with host Tyra Banks walking out to the ballroom to “I’m Coming Out” by Diana Ross. In addition, judge Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert will dance a special Paso Doble to “Uccen” by Taalbi Brothers.

The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows: 

·       Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Rumba to “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart

·       Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Samba to “Sorry” by Justin Bieber

·       Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Cha Cha to “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang

·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Cha Cha to “Say So” by Dojo Cat, featuring Nicki Minaj

·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Viennese Waltz to “She’s Always a Woman” by Billy Joel

·       Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Samba to “Mi Gente” by J Balvin and Willy William

·       Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Rumba to “You Gotta Be” by Des’ree

·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Humble & Kind” by Tim McGraw

·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Jazz to “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch

·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Contemporary to “Stars” by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

·       Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Salsa to “On The Floor” by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull

• Love 2

I heard there is a double elimination tonight. Who will go? I think it will be Vernon and Monica, since neither of them is that good and they both ended up on the bottom two.

Chrishell has contemporary, so she can do nothing and get 9s and 10s. She should be safe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I heard there is a double elimination tonight. Who will go? I think it will be Vernon and Monica, since neither of them is that good and they both ended up on the bottom two.

Chrishell has contemporary, so she can do nothing and get 9s and 10s. She should be safe.

I think you're right.  It will be Vernon and Monica.

Chrishell should be one of them since I bet her feet will be awful.  But she has contemporary and I read it's for her parents that died of cancer.  CAI could give a ten just for crying.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, alexa said:

I think the outfit changes just show that instead of adding sizzle

Instead of adding sizzle, she's adding size. I'm a big girl myself, but I can assure you, I would never let anyone send me onstage in anything Tyra has worn on this show--they are making her look like a battleship in full sail!

My personal conspiracy theory is that they really wanted Alfonso for the hosting gig, but he turned it down out of loyalty to Tom. So they got Tyra, knowing she would probably bomb and then they can dump her and get Alfonso because then he wouldn't be taking Tom's job.

Edited by magpye29
adding my conspiracy theory...
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Instead of adding sizzle, she's adding size. I'm a big girl myself, but I can assure you, I would never let anyone send me onstage in anything Tyra has worn on this show--they are making her look like a battleship in full sail!

I agree. Why can’t they dress the big girls in more flattering clothes? They did the same this week with Justina and her ostrich outfit. Ugh!

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Thank you for posting that.   She looks huge. Please send her a mirror or send her a 70inch tv to watch herself.

But, one thing I can say, I now have nicer legs than Tyra Banks !

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

My personal conspiracy theory is that they really wanted Alfonso for the hosting gig, but he turned it down out of loyalty to Tom. So they got Tyra, knowing she would probably bomb and then they can dump her and get Alfonso because then he wouldn't be taking Tom's job.

Oh God, I hope you're right! 🙏

• Love 2
10 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I honestly don’t think Alfonso would turn down any job . He seems really thirsty for the limelight . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Thank you for posting that.   She looks huge. Please send her a mirror or send her a 70inch tv to watch herself.

But, one thing I can say, I now have nicer legs than Tyra Banks !

I guess their costume people don't know what an "A-line" dress is?

• Love 1

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-double-elimination-night-use-your-vote-11-2/

Next week

Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing Jive to “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen

·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Salsa to “Work It” by Missy Elliott

·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Samba to “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes

·       Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Rumba to “Way Down We Go” by KALEO

·       Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Charleston to “Shout” by The Isley Brothers

·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Rumba to “Nobody Knows” by The Tony Rich Project

·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Viennese Waltz to “Stuck with U” by Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber

·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Viennese Waltz to “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley

·       Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Foxtrot to “Wonder” by Shawn Mendes

There are relay dances too.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Next week

·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Viennese Waltz to “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley

On whatever beach he spends his days on, Elvis just screamed and ordered another Pina colada to chase away the sudden unexplainable bad taste in his mouth.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but the combo of Viennese waltz and "Hound Dog" sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

• Love 7
Just now, Lovecat said:

On whatever beach he spends his days on, Elvis just screamed and ordered another Pina colada to chase away the sudden unexplainable bad taste in his mouth.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but the combo of Viennese waltz and "Hound Dog" sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe, they meant jive since VW and Hound Dog doesn't seem to match.  OTOH, Chrishell just poses and walks so maybe it doesn't matter what the dance assignment is.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

Maybe, they meant jive since VW and Hound Dog doesn't seem to match.  OTOH, Chrishell just poses and walks so maybe it doesn't matter what the dance assignment is.

Maks and Meryl did Jive to Hound Dog. I assume whatever style this is won't be as good. lol

• Love 1
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

There's no triple meter in Hound Dog, and the style of that song doesn't lend itself to incorporating some triple meter that is needed for V. Waltz.

Right?  I almost gave myself a brain hemorrhage trying to figure out what kind of complex meter they were going to have to torture that song into.  I'm guessing they'll land on a 6/8 to keep the overall 1-2, 1-2 feel, but subdivided so each beat gives them the triple meter.  Hard to do with such a well-known song, and I don't think Chrishelle has enough musicality to pull it off, but we'll see.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, realdancemom said:

No matter what she does, they are going to give her 9s anyway. Now she is posting bikini pictures on social media begging for votes. She seems almost as desperate as Kaitlyn, who is whining about her 7 from Carrie Ann. Granted it wasn't deserved, but it's just a silly dance contest and who cares who wins.

At least Johnny wasn't whining about his 7s a couple of weeks ago when he ended up on the bottom two.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

No matter what she does, they are going to give her 9s anyway. Now she is posting bikini pictures on social media begging for votes. She seems almost as desperate as Kaitlyn, who is whining about her 7 from Carrie Ann. Granted it wasn't deserved, but it's just a silly dance contest and who cares who wins.

At least Johnny wasn't whining about his 7s a couple of weeks ago when he ended up on the bottom two.

Yes, the judges were crazy giving 9s to Chrishell.  But I don't think Nelly should have received 9s either.  I did like his dance but it was for Daniella not for what he did.  CAI and her lift policing.  Maybe, Kaitlyn didn't realize that CAI takes off a point for a lift.  That's up to Artem to explain that to her.  If she didn't know, 7 is low especially if she can see Chrishell getting a 9.

Johnny competed so he knows that he can't control what the judges give.  I agree that it's just a silly dance contest.

13 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Yes, the judges were crazy giving 9s to Chrishell.  But I don't think Nelly should have received 9s either.  I did like his dance but it was for Daniella not for what he did.  CAI and her lift policing.  Maybe, Kaitlyn didn't realize that CAI takes off a point for a lift.  That's up to Artem to explain that to her.  If she didn't know, 7 is low especially if she can see Chrishell getting a 9.

Johnny competed so he knows that he can't control what the judges give.  I agree that it's just a silly dance contest.

I agree that Nelly shouldn't be getting 9s. He is entertaining, but his technique isn't great. He should be getting 8s, and if people vote to keep him around, fine. He isn't nearly as bad as Bobby Bones, so I don't have a problem with him winning.

Chrishell, on the other hand, is as bad as Bones. She isn't near as surly or annoying, but she's not entertaining and doesn't even try to dance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-reals-jeannie-mai-hospitalized-forced-to-exit-dwts/

Jeannie is out. I hope she’ll be okay. She was doing so well and tried so hard. 

I really enjoyed her energy and spirit and hate to see her go, especially like this. I wish her well and a speedy recovery. 

I suppose that means no double-elimination and only one person is going home tonight? 

• Love 2