Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Do you mean that ridiculous video with Tyra smizing, posing, and not being witty or entertaining in the least?

Saw that promo and all I could think was, "well, if I was ever so inclined to give Tyra a chance in this gig and hope she's grown in the almost 10 years I stopped watching ANTM, that promo dispelled that notion".

Because all I saw was the same "all about ME, Tyra". Yeah, just one of the many reasons Tom was great at this job - was that he knew to keep the focus on the contestants. Not Ms. Banks. Prepare for it to be all about HER. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Saw that promo and all I could think was, "well, if I was ever so inclined to give Tyra a chance in this gig and hope she's grown in the almost 10 years I stopped watching ANTM, that promo dispelled that notion".

Because all I saw was the same "all about ME, Tyra". Yeah, just one of the many reasons Tom was great at this job - was that he knew to keep the focus on the contestants. Not Ms. Banks. Prepare for it to be all about HER. 

Here it is on YouTube instead of FB.

Edit - okay this was also posted a page back, so I removed it but this is just to confirm it's the same thing that's at the top of the FB page that I think was what was being mocked -- go back a page, watch it, and see if Tyra's delivery agrees with you or not -- for most, I bet not... It's technically the "cast reveal video" but that doesn't stop Tyra from sucking all the energy out of the (virtual) room.

CRINGE.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Emily-D said:

Apparently they've given Kaitlyn to Artem?? Wow, for the first time in about six years since he became a pro they've actually given him a proper ringer and that after firing him last season! I was certain they'd bring him back just to lump him with Anne or Carole Baskin. Maybe Tyra is good for something after all! I hope they win, don't think they will though, Johnny Weir or the Backstreet boy will.

That's the rumor. If Kaitlyn can move and with the Bachelor fanbase, they might have a good chance for the finals. 

Derek Hough is coming back for something. Find out on GMA Tuesday. My guess is guest judge for one night. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

That's the rumor. If Kaitlyn can move and with the Bachelor fanbase, they might have a good chance for the finals. 

Derek Hough is coming back for something. Find out on GMA Tuesday. My guess is guest judge for one night. 

She's the only Canadian in the cast as well, do we know if Canada can vote this season? 

Would be great if Derek is back as a guest judge, although it would be even better if he's judging for the whole season! You never know, with Covid out there work is very hard to come by right now so a guaranteed paycheque for the season could well have tempted him back.

What a shame it would be though, if we were to have a good cast, a good pro lineup, Derek as a full time judge, but no Tom and Erin. I think we would all admit that had those two not been ditched then we'd probably be looking forward to this season the most in ages instead of dreading it. Oh ABC you fools!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 7/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, Bliss said:

Tom is gone and so am I. He's the main reason I kept watching DWTS.

Me too. As a loyal viewer of the show since the very first episode, I'm out. I'll watch two celebs' dances on YouTube. Oh Johnny, why couldn't you have been cast in an earlier season? Jesse Metcalfe is familiar to me from Hallmark movies so I'll watch him too on YouTube. 

I can not stomach the thought of Tyra Banks hosting the show. I don't even want to hear her voice!

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 8

I got a feeling Derek is going to take over Lens place as a judging. Len may feel its too risky to come back or if the rumors are true about him butting heads with Tyra then that may be one reason he is going to stay away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Emily-D said:

Apparently they've given Kaitlyn to Artem?? Wow, for the first time in about six years since he became a pro they've actually given him a proper ringer and that after firing him last season!

Artem and Kaitlyn sort of campaigned for this, if it's true. Well Kaitlyn and Nikki Bella did anyway. Kaitlyn appeared on Nikki and her twin sister's podcast and Nikki gushed about how much she loved her and how amazing she and Artem would be as pairing on the show. And Kaitlyn was hyping it on her IG page as well. They could be a really good pairing so hopefully the rumor is true. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Artem and Kaitlyn sort of campaigned for this, if it's true. Well Kaitlyn and Nikki Bella did anyway. Kaitlyn appeared on Nikki and her twin sister's podcast and Nikki gushed about how much she loved her and how amazing she and Artem would be as pairing on the show. And Kaitlyn was hyping it on her IG page as well. They could be a really good pairing so hopefully the rumor is true. 

The Bachelor fanbase is huge. Hannah won last season. Even Grocery Store Joe who was awful got to the finals. I can see why a male pro would want her especially if they haven't won yet. 

On 8/31/2020 at 10:10 AM, realdancemom said:

I don't watch Hallmark Christmas movies.  Are the majority filmed in Canada?  I'm just wondering since there was a Hallmark Christmas scene filmed in Utah last month.  I don't know if they filmed the whole movie in Utah but at least a scene that had neighborhood type stores was filmed here.

yes  the hallmark christmas and hallmark mystery movies are filmed in canada

• Useful 2

If tom was going to be let go he should have been given a farewell season.......he had a special knacl when something would go wrong he immediately would come up with something  and keep things going ...that takes a special talent it is not something you can learn...he will be missed

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I’m so excited about Justina Machado! I loved her on Jane the Virgin. Also looking forward to Vernon Davis, a former 49er who has or had art galleries in the area. The head coach from Cheer (Msomething Aldama) will be interesting and should be good with choreography. I like Johnny Weir, and he’ll probably be good, too.

The artwork! Ugh, I can’t believe Tyra is the poster. I still love Anna’s purple dress one the most.

I’m so bummed about Tom. He’s the best.

6 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I heard that AJ has been paired with Cheryl. 

Its the least they can do for her since she got so badly robbed when she was paired with Juan Pablo and booted way too early. I know Cheryl was upset as well. 

With the exception of AJ not a single person announced is making me want to break my boycott because I'm still so pissed about Tom. I mean, you know when DWTS ass kissers/mouthpieces like Alfonso are speaking up you know ABC messed up. Maybe if they got someone sort of likeable it wouldnt be as bad.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, sue450 said:

If tom was going to be let go he should have been given a farewell season.......he had a special knacl when something would go wrong he immediately would come up with something  and keep things going ...that takes a special talent it is not something you can learn...he will be missed

I think Tyra will be a one and done and Tom will be back next season, although they'll have to give him a fat pay rise and a grovelling apology.

If Disney/ABC manage to secure the TV rights for Monday Night Football from 2022 onwards and the ratings for this season tank as we all expect, then I reckon next fall will be the last ever season of DWTS (on ABC anyway), ending it at Season 30. For that season, they'll ask all the "legends" to come back like Tom, Derek, Mark, Maks etc. I can picture them already hyping the season up with the slogan "The Last Dance".

• Love 6

I am hoping that when it goes off the air, they will either sell the old shows on iTunes or show them on cable TV or Netflix. I missed some old seasons and would really like to see them. 

I like Tom, but honestly I never watched the show for him. I like the costumes and the dancing. I know it's not professional dancing, but I do like to watch people learning to dance, guess who is getting voted off, etc. It will be sad when it is over.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Kromm said:

Do you mean that ridiculous video with Tyra smizing, posing, and not being witty or entertaining in the least?

I am still not understanding why ABC thinks that Tyra would bring in a new or larger audience.  She is technically a has been in most regards.  I mean, they have to know she wasn't that well liked on Talent--if she was actually a great and relevant host, she would still be there.  And for most of us that knew her back in the day when ANTM was on--even then she was very annoying.  You had to really ignore much of her speech to enjoy the rest of the show, lol.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, alexa said:

I am still not understanding why ABC thinks that Tyra would bring in a new or larger audience.  She is technically a has been in most regards.  I mean, they have to know she wasn't that well liked on Talent--if she was actually a great and relevant host, she would still be there.  And for most of us that knew her back in the day when ANTM was on--even then she was very annoying.  You had to really ignore much of her speech to enjoy the rest of the show, lol.  

Alot of people are happy with the cast and I have to say this is the first time that I actually know atleast half of the cast, so im impressed. Look, I know people are mad about happen with Tom and I was one of them. It wasnt right what they did to him but what im not going to do is tear down another black woman because of it. Im black myself and I refuse to jump down on Tyra for somethin that had nothin to do with her. The producers offered the position to her and she took it and rightfully so. She has no ties to Tom and shouldnt feel bad about taken his job just like Erin had no problem taken Brookes hosting job because she owes her nothin.

Tom made it clear that him getting let go had nothin to do with BLM, so im assuming one of two things may of happen. They may felt like Tyra could bring on a younger demo or the producers didnt like how Tom went against them last season with the whole Sean Spicer thing. Either way, im excited about the contestants and looking forward to the new pros like Daniella and Britt and see what they bring so I will be watching most likely on Hulu because I dont do cable but nevertheless I will watch. 

Edited by vdw84
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Alot of people are happy with the cast and I have to say this is the first time that I actually know atleast half of the cast, so im impressed. Look, I know people are mad about happen with Tom and I was one of them. It wasnt right what they did to him but what im not going to do is tear down another black woman because of it. Im black myself and I refuse to jump down on Tyra for somethin that had nothin to do with her. The producers offered the position to her and she took it and rightfully so. She has no ties to Tom and shouldnt feel bad about taken his job just like Erin had no problem taken Brookes hosting job because she owes her nothin.

Tom made it clear that him getting let go had nothin to do with BLM, so im assuming one of two things may of happen. They may felt like Tyra could bring on a younger demo or the producers didnt like how Tom went against them last season with the whole Sean Spicer thing. Either way, im excited about the contestants and looking forward to the new pros like Daniella and Britt and see what they bring so I will be watching most likely on Hulu because I dont do cable but nevertheless I will watch. 

I agree. I'm not sure why people would boycott a show because of the host. I mean, Tom was funny and I liked him, but at the end of the day, I don't watch shows for the hosts. I really don't know that much about Tyra to love or hate her, but she doesn't offend me to the point I wouldn't watch. The people who made the show unwatchable was Sean Spicer and the other crappy politicians that they had. While I'm not crazy about a couple of the contestants, at least they aren't Spicer's level of offensive.

I think 15 contestants is way too many and there are going to be a lot of dead weights that need to go before it starts getting good, but the finals should be good if the people who can dance are in it (and it does seem like there are a lot of them).

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree. I'm not sure why people would boycott a show because of the host. I mean, Tom was funny and I liked him, but at the end of the day, I don't watch shows for the hosts. I really don't know that much about Tyra to love or hate her, but she doesn't offend me to the point I wouldn't watch. The people who made the show unwatchable was Sean Spicer and the other crappy politicians that they had. While I'm not crazy about a couple of the contestants, at least they aren't Spicer's level of offensive.

I think 15 contestants is way too many and there are going to be a lot of dead weights that need to go before it starts getting good, but the finals should be good if the people who can dance are in it (and it does seem like there are a lot of them).

I was angry about Tom getting fired because he was with the show from the beginning so understood the outrage but after glancing over sm and looking at all the racial comments made toward Tyra and BLM, I have quickly shifted my anger into just looking at this from all angle. People have a right to be angry and sad about Tom being let go but I will not tolerate racism involved in your anger, sorry that is where I draw the line. Tyra isnt Alfonso which im sayin, she had no relationship with Tom such as a close friend to feel like she shouldnt take the job. Be upset with the producers but to throw hateful and racial criticism at her uncalled for. Im not her biggest fan but I will not tolerate racial slander, sorry. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, vdw84 said:

My comments were strictly saying that I don’t think Tyra has the wow factor they are hoping for.  I didn’t say anything about Tom, boycotting the show, or BLM.  I feel like with your comments, and the ones that followed that were based on my comment, I need to make that clear.  I don’t care about DWTS that much anymore and just find a Tyra a surprising choice.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, alexa said:

My comments were strictly saying that I don’t think Tyra has the wow factor they are hoping for.  I didn’t say anything about Tom, boycotting the show, or BLM.  I feel like with your comments, and the ones that followed that were based on my comment, I need to make that clear.  I don’t care about DWTS that much anymore and just find a Tyra a surprising choice.  

Im wasnt calling you out. I was merely referring to what I have seen over sm not on this thread. Alot of people felt Tyra was hired for diversity in wake of the whole racial war going on in the Country and Tom made it clear that is not why he was let go because some of the fans asked him about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Tyra could be green and I still wouldn't be able to stand her.

I'm not necessarily boycotting the show but I'm just not interested in watching.  I'm too old to know any of the contestants and I've disliked the music selection for the past couple of seasons (remember, I'm old).  I'm not even sure why I still watched.....except last season for James and Kate, that left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Not to mention Spicer.  Even if Tom had stayed I would of just been a haphazard viewer this year.

• Love 5

Over the years, Tom became the reason I continued to watch DWTS.  I've considered dropping the show many times because  the pro dancers I liked have left and I haven't been wild about some of the newbies.  Plus, I HATE that they are constantly casting those Bachelor/Bachelorette people.  Not to mention the political fools they've had on the show.   But I've held in there each season because I loved Tom and how fun he made each program.   I don't know anything about Tyra Banks, have never seen anything she's hosted, but from all of the negative comments I've been reading, it does  sound promising.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

The reason they have so many couples this year is probably an insurance policy in case anyone catches Covid and has to withdraw. The producers don't have to worry as much about the show not being able to carry on if they start with more couples than usual. The problem is based on what I've read online, they've certainly not been disciplined enough when it comes to quarantining together and isolating each couple. I can see someone testing positive before the start of the season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emily-D said:

The reason they have so many couples this year is probably an insurance policy in case anyone catches Covid and has to withdraw. The producers don't have to worry as much about the show not being able to carry on if they start with more couples than usual. The problem is based on what I've read online, they've certainly not been disciplined enough when it comes to quarantining together and isolating each couple. I can see someone testing positive before the start of the season.

Its going to pro. be alot of double eliminations I bet. I mean 16 couples can go for long time if noone gets covid or injured really badly.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2020 at 5:45 PM, boyznkatz said:

Tom and Erin have too much class to mock the show. It would be funny, but it won't happen.

Has anyone checked out the DWTS Facebook page? Ouch.

Tom will like to challenge you on that.  Aside from updating his Twitter bio to "Former Host of Footwork with the Famous" he did this. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I'm still watching since I watch for the dancing.  I think Tom was a great host and had a quick wit.  Erin was o.k. but I wasn't really disappointed that she was let go.  I don't watch AGT so I don't know how Tyra did as a host over there.  My daughters watched America's Next Top Model a long time ago when it first started.  So I've seen Tyra there.  I thought she was o.k. on that show.  She wasn't funny but it wasn't that type of show.  She seemed to care about the models at the time so I didn't notice if she was self absorbed.  I thought she gave good tips on modeling.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I already hate this woman after reading this article. I don't blame Len for staying away. This is going to be a shit show with her in charge., no matter what color she is.

'DWTS': Tyra Banks Says Len Goodman Won't Physically Be in the Ballroom This Season (Exclusive)

Len is most likely staying away because of travel restrictions not because he is bitter about Tyra. I hate  when people start drama where there is none. People dont have to watch this season but please stop starting drama rumors. 

• Love 3

I was less than impressed with the promo I saw wherein the central image was of Tyra wearing a black bodysuit<?> and  a single ginormous pigtail to one side.  The whole thing was awkward and unappealing  I felt Tyra herself didn't believe in the image she was projecting.

I often don't know anybody on the cast.  Tom would keep me coming back until I got involved with a couple of contestants.  Judging by this promo, Tyra will not be able to hold my attention long enough (through the secondhand embarrassment) till I get interested in a contestant.

• Love 4

At least I have heard of quite a few of the stars. And there is no dancing on my TV right now. So I am gonna check it out. ...but I kinda hope the viewership plummets and ABC is forced to admit it was a mistake to get rid of Tom. He was really about as close to perfection as you can get as the host, and I would have liked to see him interact with this group of celebs. I will try to keep an open mind, but if anyone can make a show just not worth it, it is Tyra and her narcissism. She ruined her own show and AGT with it. Will she go for the trifecta?! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I already hate this woman after reading this article. I don't blame Len for staying away. This is going to be a shit show with her in charge., no matter what color she is.

'DWTS': Tyra Banks Says Len Goodman Won't Physically Be in the Ballroom This Season (Exclusive)

Yep, she talks like she is about 12 years old.  This will be fun!  lol

4 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Len is most likely staying away because of travel restrictions not because he is bitter about Tyra. I hate  when people start drama where there is none. People dont have to watch this season but please stop starting drama rumors. 

I think you are misunderstanding people when they comment in regard to Tyra.  Their point was that after reading the article they could see why Len would want to stay away--not that he said this is why, etc.  This is a place to snark and such--this is the exact kind of comment that is very normal here.  I read the article, and I have to say I agree--she doesn't sound right, lol.  I think it wouldn't be Len's thing based on what she said.  Not saying Len said that...

Edited by alexa
  • Love 10

Well I m watching for the contestants and their partnerships with the Pros. I never watched for the host and certainly not for the awful judges.  I have managed to watch 28 seasons  and suffered through alot controversial, hate and bias on this show and why stop now? Most likely Tyra will be out this season because of the backlash and the show may ask Tom back or someone that is more fitting for the demo and then the show will find something else to piss off the viewers because that is their thing.

With everything that is going on in the world, dwts is like an escape and at the end of the day its about having fun, so I refuse to let one person such as tyra ruin that experience for me but this is jmo and people can do what they feel they want.

Edited by vdw84
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

And what's the big secret re: Derek's role?  There really aren't too many choices. He's either going to a judge, a co-host, or a mentor. Simple.

Yep becauses there not having group numbers from my understanding so he wouldnt be needed as that so he has to be either judge, co host or mentor, my money is he will be a judge.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, Toonces464 said:

Tyra doesn't stink because of her race or color.  She stinks because she's not engaging for any show where the host is supposed to be in the background and not in front.

I've said it before elsewhere.  I wouldn't give a crap if they replaced Tom with a woman of color (even if it wasn't the main reason he was let go).  In fact, if it's not Tom, it's a fine idea.  But the whole point of such a replacement would be to insert someone who connected with the audience. Tyra doesn't do that.  She worked on Top Model because it was for a kind of show, a kind of specific sub-genre, where the host was a symbol of what the show prize was about.  That would ONLY be true in the case of DWTS if the host was him or herself a successful, very famous dancer.  But because they're not going that direction, then the alternative is the host being charming, but non-intrusive.  The host being a ringmaster, but not a focal point.  Tom was that.  He was on one level a boring non-dancing, older white guy.  But his dry wit allowed him to always redirect the attention back to the performers.  Tyra has always sucked at taking a backseat to anyone else on any show she's on.  And her wit, when it does occasionally show up (a lot less often than Tom B) is more sharp than dry.  Not always a bad thing, but bad for a show that's inherently about NOT being edgy, but instead appealing to the masses. 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Tyra doesn't stink because of her race or color.  She stinks because she's not engaging for any show where the host is supposed to be in the background and not in front.

I've said it before elsewhere.  I wouldn't give a crap if they replaced Tom with a woman of color (even if it wasn't the main reason he was let go).  In fact, if it's not Tom, it's a fine idea.  But the whole point of such a replacement would be to insert someone who connected with the audience. Tyra doesn't do that.  She worked on Top Model because it was for a kind of show, a kind of specific sub-genre, where the host was a symbol of what the show prize was about.  That would ONLY be true in the case of DWTS if the host was him or herself a successful, very famous dancer.  But because they're not going that direction, then the alternative is the host being charming, but non-intrusive.  The host being a ringmaster, but not a focal point.  Tom was that.  He was on one level a boring non-dancing, older white guy.  But his dry wit allowed him to always redirect the attention back to the performers.  Tyra has always sucked at taking a backseat to anyone else on any show she's on.  And her wit, when it does occasionally show up (a lot less often than Tom B) is more sharp than dry.  Not always a bad thing, but bad for a show that's inherently about NOT being edgy, but instead appealing to the masses. 

All of this so much and exactly why I think she's a horrible choice for this gig.  Like you said, Tyra has an almost pathological need to make everything about her. To be the focus. How is that going to work on a show where the focus is supposed to be on the competing pairings? I enjoyed Tom but never ever felt like he pulled focus. I enjoyed him for the skillful way he played off the judges and the competitors and how smoothly he kept things moving. 

• Love 20

Yep, returning to the show is sort of a 360 for Derek

Derek Hough is returning to "Dancing With the Stars" — this time, however, he'll be a judge.

The six-time Mirrorball champion dancer will take Len Goodman's seat beside Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli for the ABC dancing competition's upcoming 29th season.

"In light of current circumstances, Len Goodman will be unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, though he will still be a part of the show in a different capacity sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK," "Dancing With the Stars" said in a statement on Tuesday.

"This show has been and will always be incredibly special to me," Hough said. "Coming back feels like coming home and I couldn't be more excited to be back in the ballroom."

Hough last danced on the show in Season 23, when his celebrity 

when his celebrity partner was Marilu Henner. That was back in 2016, and the duo's sixth-place finished matched Hough's lowest ever. Derek Hough and Shannon Elizabeth also finished in sixth place way back on Season 6, which was just his second season as a "Dancing With the Stars" pro.

He last won in Season 21, when Hough was paired with Bindi Irwin. Hough's earlier wins include partnerships with Brooke Burke (Season 7), Nicole Scherzinger (Season 10), Jennifer Grey (Season 11), Kellie Pickler (Season 16) and Amber Riley (Season 17).

Hough had two runner-up runs, first with Shawn Johnson (Season 15) and second with Amy Purdy (Season 18).

6413963_090820-wabc-derek-hough-dwts-1-img.jpg

• Love 4

Hello All!   I skipped most of last season and missed talking with all of you. 

I saw DWTS news on my IG feed this morning.  I see Derek's back on the turf that made him famous (I guess the movie/Broadway star thing didn't work out, eh?).  Reading comments above from those keeping closer track of events, it appears he'll be taking Len's seat, though I wonder if he'll be treated as "head judge" (my guess is it's in his contract demands) and how CAI (is she returning?) will take getting stepped over? Hmmm! I've seen a little of World of Dance and it appears Derek has become a master of reaction faces - it seems to be all he really does other than a few prepared remarks.  How he'll do giving comments live on-the-spot...well, we'll see.  I'd expect a lot of showboating with him going around the table to grab whatever celeb and demonstrating the moves (especially that twisty arm pretzel thing he loves to do!).  He'd never be mistaken for a natural public speaker.  But mercy! Derek and Bruno on the same judging table?  JLo can keep Derek and Neyo in line but I doubt CAI will have any influence over Derek and Bruno.   

I've been a little lukewarm about watching this season but I'll probably tune in for at least the first couple of shows.  Very disappointed that Tom and Erin got unceremoniously dumped.  Can't stand Tyra but she could have been softed a bit if she were to co-host with Tom.  But I supposed it's all Tyra or no Tyra.

Most interested to see Pasha again and to see how Daniella teaches.  I'll be happy seeing Sharna and Cheryl again.  Sharna looks so much better with the blondish/pinkish hair than all that red.  IMO the ones who endured the rigors of the pro/am competition circuit, Blackpool, and Burn The Floor are sooo much more talented and exciting to watch than the rest of them, including those SYTYCD grads.  Just my personal preference, of course.

Well, that's all for now.  Look forward to reading your comments and opinions!

Uke

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Uke said:

Hello All!   I skipped most of last season and missed talking with all of you. 

I saw DWTS news on my IG feed this morning.  I see Derek's back on the turf that made him famous (I guess the movie/Broadway star thing didn't work out, eh?).  Reading comments above from those keeping closer track of events, it appears he'll be taking Len's seat, though I wonder if he'll be treated as "head judge" (my guess is it's in his contract demands) and how CAI (is she returning?) will take getting stepped over? Hmmm! I've seen a little of World of Dance and it appears Derek has become a master of reaction faces - it seems to be all he really does other than a few prepared remarks.  How he'll do giving comments live on-the-spot...well, we'll see.  I'd expect a lot of showboating with him going around the table to grab whatever celeb and demonstrating the moves (especially that twisty arm pretzel thing he loves to do!).  He'd never be mistaken for a natural public speaker.  But mercy! Derek and Bruno on the same judging table?  JLo can keep Derek and Neyo in line but I doubt CAI will have any influence over Derek and Bruno.   

I've been a little lukewarm about watching this season but I'll probably tune in for at least the first couple of shows.  Very disappointed that Tom and Erin got unceremoniously dumped.  Can't stand Tyra but she could have been softed a bit if she were to co-host with Tom.  But I supposed it's all Tyra or no Tyra.

Most interested to see Pasha again and to see how Daniella teaches.  I'll be happy seeing Sharna and Cheryl again.  Sharna looks so much better with the blondish/pinkish hair than all that red.  IMO the ones who endured the rigors of the pro/am competition circuit, Blackpool, and Burn The Floor are sooo much more talented and exciting to watch than the rest of them, including those SYTYCD grads.  Just my personal preference, of course.

Well, that's all for now.  Look forward to reading your comments and opinions!

Uke

Yes. Carrie Ann’s returning. At least she was the last I heard. I have to say, I think at least Tom, especially Tom (though in many ways Erin too), in my opinion got a raw deal. Or at least little to no respect in how his exit was handled after he hosted for so long. If Tyra doesn’t tank the show this season, I hope she’s a “1 & done” as host & they bring at least Tom back for S30.

• Love 9