Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

On 7/30/2020 at 11:58 AM, realdancemom said:

It is odd.  As I previously posted, I would not have removed Tom.  He's perfect as the host.  However, if I had to choose, I think Jordan makes more sense than Tyra.  He's already competed and won.  He hosted the junior version of DWTS.  While both are POC, Jordan is younger so he would appeal to the younger demographic if that was their goal.  I guess Tyra is the executive producer so she calls the shots and she can claim that she's the first black female solo host.  Jordan is probably also too busy to do this on a regular basis.

I'm also leery of Tyra claiming this is going to be next level.  That doesn't sound like going back to the basics.  That sounds like more flash and I hope we don't get more drama.

tom was on the  masked  singer they had a special where tom and others sang ""I had the time of my life"  

tom said he had not worked this hard in years!!   they could have kept tom and hired a  and replaced erin with a black host

Edited by sue450
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sue450 said:

they could have kept tom and hired a  and replaced erin with a black host

Why? Why replace her with a black host? Why not a Chinese host? Or an Indian host? Or another white host? Or even better yet...why replace her at all? Why does everything have to be about race?

Bottom line is for years fans have called for changes in the judging.....and yet here they are going into next season with the judging intact and the best thing about the show gone. The show thumbed their noses at the fans and I, for one, refuse to "reward" their big ol' screw you. I won't be giving them even one sniff of a rating coming from my house.

And I swear, if I see that commercial one more time with Tyra Banks yapping about how this is going to be so next level, I'm going to throw my shoe through my TV.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Why? Why replace her with a black host? Why not a Chinese host? Or an Indian host? Or another white host? Or even better yet...why replace her at all? Why does everything have to be about race?

Bottom line is for years fans have called for changes in the judging.....and yet here they are going into next season with the judging intact and the best thing about the show gone. The show thumbed their noses at the fans and I, for one, refuse to "reward" their big ol' screw you. I won't be giving them even one sniff of a rating coming from my house.

And I swear, if I see that commercial one more time with Tyra Banks yapping about how this is going to be so next level, I'm going to throw my shoe through my TV.

While I am not happy  about Tom leaving or Tyra replacing him, I don’t think this is making it all about race. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Everything is about race because this country was built on racial issues. Its not something that will ever go away, im sorry. Im not a fan of tyra taking over Tom position, he was never the problem but it is what it is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Britt screams "diversity hire!" to me. 

So was Keo and Brandon but Britt is actually talent, they all are. If u cant get hired for talent then u will have to be a diversity hire and im not mad about it. It should not have taken a national racewar to hire the very ones that has contributed to 85% of the dances u all do on this show.

1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

Why the hell is Gleb still there?

I have no idea. He is byfar the worse from the male pro sides and I dont ever see him winning this thing. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gohawks said:

While I am not happy  about Tom leaving or Tyra replacing him, I don’t think this is making it all about race. 

I was referring to the post that said they should've just let Erin go and replaced her with a black co-host.

1 hour ago, BradyBunchFan said:

I wonder when the celebrities will be announced.

From what I read today the celebs are not being announced until premiere night.

It's funny. Usually when there's any kind of reveal, PureDWTS is loaded with posts. When I looked about an hour ago, there were only 9 posts. There were no posts when I checked here this morning after the pro reveal. However "next level" Tyra and her crew make this, I still think this will be the show's last season. 

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I was referring to the post that said they should've just let Erin go and replaced her with a black co-host.

It's funny. Usually when there's any kind of reveal, PureDWTS is loaded with posts. When I looked about an hour ago, there were only 9 posts. There were no posts when I checked here this morning after the pro reveal. However "next level" Tyra and her crew make this, I still think this will be the show's last season. 

That’s interesting, because usually they are announced on GMA.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Im not sure it will be the shows last season but she want come back. They will end up finding someone to replace her if she ends up hurting the shows overall appeal and ratings.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

I want Tom back. 😰

Yeah, I want him back too. I didnt care either way about Erin but I thought Tom was irreplaceable. I would never have thought they would get rid of him, it just seems so weird and if they ever ask him back, he should def. turn them down.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Thadeeeyus said:

And IMO that was when the first large group of viewers stopped watching.  

Well I dont care. Its been nonballroom dancers before on this show and Britt has actually been training so she def. is going to know what she is doin even if she didnt grow up in the ballroom world like others. She is more trained that Allison was and people ended up falling in love with her so Britt deserves this. She is one change this season that im here for.

4 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Well I dont care. Its been nonballroom dancers before on this show and Britt has actually been training so she def. is going to know what she is doin even if she didnt grow up in the ballroom world like others. She is more trained that Allison was and people ended up falling in love with her so Britt deserves this. She is one change this season that im here for.

Um, really? Who exactly ended up falling in love with Allison? 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Not her first season but I think after her successful season with riker, people started liking her more because her partnership with him made people look at her differently but overall she wasnt really a that much a ballroom dancer. Britt actually is. She is way more ballroom than Allison ever was.

8 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Not her first season but I think after her successful season with riker, people started liking her more because her partnership with him made people look at her differently but overall she wasnt really a that much a ballroom dancer. Britt actually is. She is way more ballroom than Allison ever was.

I like Allison on SYTYCD since she's a really good contemporary dancer and she's cross trained enough that she looks decent in other styles.  On DWTS, she was lucky to be paired with Riker because then she was able to teach choreography and basic ballroom steps.  Since Riker previously took Latin when he was a kid, he probably remembered some of the things that he learned.  So they were able to create entertaining routines that year.  Their jazz trio with Brittany is one of the few jazz routines that I liked on the show.  With all this said, she was not a good fit for DWTS.  I think it would have been better if she started out in the troupe.

Britt and Daniella are getting a break since Witney and Lindsay are out this season.  It's nice that they have a chance to show what they can do.  Pasha did a good job last season and Daniella has competed in ballroom with him.  I'm sure Britt learned a lot while in the troupe and since she's taking classes, she's had more training than Allison or that awful contemporary dancer that was paired with Bill Nye.

Since I brought up Brittany above, DWTS doesn't appreciate her.  She could have been another diverse pro and she's been training in ballroom since she was a kid.  Brandon and her won the DWTS kids championship.  But the show never gave her a chance to be a pro.  Half the time, she doesn't even know if she's going to be in the troupe. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I like Allison on SYTYCD since she's a really good contemporary dancer and she's cross trained enough that she looks decent in other styles.  On DWTS, she was lucky to be paired with Riker because then she was able to teach choreography and basic ballroom steps.  Since Riker previously took Latin when he was a kid, he probably remembered some of the things that he learned.  So they were able to create entertaining routines that year.  Their jazz trio with Brittany is one of the few jazz routines that I liked on the show.  With all this said, she was not a good fit for DWTS.  I think it would have been better if she started out in the troupe.

Britt and Daniella are getting a break since Witney and Lindsay are out this season.  It's nice that they have a chance to show what they can do.  Pasha did a good job last season and Daniella has competed in ballroom with him.  I'm sure Britt learned a lot while in the troupe and since she's taking classes, she's had more training than Allison or that awful contemporary dancer that was paired with Bill Nye.

Since I brought up Brittany above, DWTS doesn't appreciate her.  She could have been another diverse pro and she's been training in ballroom since she was a kid.  Brandon and her won the DWTS kids championship.  But the show never gave her a chance to be a pro.  Half the time, she doesn't even know if she's going to be in the troupe. 

i agree they should have been switched up the pros. Peta and Cheryl need to leave. As much as I love Cheryl her slot and Peta slot can go to other females that havent had a chance. Both women have won twice and had a chance to show what they are made. I hate to see old pros linger around when they dont have to. It could have been room for Britt, Brittney,Daniella and Hayley. The shows def. needs new blood.

So now they're adding yet another pro to the show? Clearly it's Artem since the "clue" is that he just had a baby and his wife can kick ass. 

Is this what "next level" is all about? I still remember the cluster of Season 9 with 16 couples.

16 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

So now they're adding yet another pro to the show? Clearly it's Artem since the "clue" is that he just had a baby and his wife can kick ass. 

Is this what "next level" is all about? I still remember the cluster of Season 9 with 16 couples.

Definitely sounds like Artem. I'm surprised he'd want to leave his newborn to return to the show. Where did you see this clue, Toonces?

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I wouldn't say Kim Kardashian is the biggest star they've ever had, but this is an interesting article. I actually believe this and hope Tom and Erin are having themselves a good laugh.

'Dancing With the Stars' Reportedly Having Tough Time Finding Celebrities After Bringing on New Host Tyra Banks

I really hope this is true.  However, I was really surprised when reading the above article that the producers thought Tyra would bring in young, cool stars.  Does she have far-reaching demographic appeal?  I would love it if the producers had to crawl back to Tom and offer him double his previous salary...

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I really hope this is true.  However, I was really surprised when reading the above article that the producers thought Tyra would bring in young, cool stars.  Does she have far-reaching demographic appeal?  I would love it if the producers had to crawl back to Tom and offer him double his previous salary...

There was an article yesterday about James Van der Beek where he said he considers himself fortunate to have done the show while Tom and Erin were still there. Alfonso, as we all know by now, has said they should've just made a new show. I truly hope this blows up in their faces and I will laugh about it every second of the way.

• Love 13
On 8/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, BrainyBlonde said:

Definitely sounds like Artem. I'm surprised he'd want to leave his newborn to return to the show. Where did you see this clue, Toonces?

Artem pro. doesnt want Nikki to be the only one that has an income. We all know she has way more money than him and he pro. feels he needs to go back and work to feel like a man.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, Toonces464 said:

There was an article yesterday about James Van der Beek where he said he considers himself fortunate to have done the show while Tom and Erin were still there. Alfonso, as we all know by now, has said they should've just made a new show. I truly hope this blows up in their faces and I will laugh about it every second of the way.

The only change I love about the season is the pro lineup, just wish Val and Jenna werent added. I still hate like hell Tyra is taking over from Tom. I now the producers had to see the backlash she got and wondering what the hell did they do.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, seacliffsal said:

However, I was really surprised when reading the above article that the producers thought Tyra would bring in young, cool stars.  Does she have far-reaching demographic appeal? 

No.

She's 46

• Love 3
On 8/21/2020 at 12:05 AM, Toonces464 said:

Nobody.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, vdw84 said:

Not her first season but I think after her successful season with riker, people started liking her more because her partnership with him

You know she isnt on the show anymore? And, didnt last for very many seasons.

• Love 4

I'm just hoping that maybe Tyra has some connections that can get some bigger stars on the show. I guess I'll wait and see who is going to be on to decide if I'm going to watch or not. If the Bachelor woman is the biggest "star" or they bring on more social media peeps, then no thanks. I don't care about the ages of the contestants. If she has some friends who would be interesting, then bring them on.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

I was going to boycott this season.  And then....a Backstreet Boy (AJ McLean) is joining this season and now I must power vote.  IT'S LIKE THEY KNEW!  

Yay, I heard about him being on the show and he is actually my fav from the Backstreet Boys. I bet anything they gave him to Sharna since she had Nick. I would love if one of the new pros like Britt or Daniella could get him to give them leverage and a chance to really shine because I already know he is going to be finale material and may win the whole thing because he was the best dancer in the group.

• Love 2

Rewinding a few days, I found it very odd that Artem was the only pro to get his own separate announcement.  I certainly didn't think he was that popular, and his results have been very average.  I guess it's possible they were still negotiating with whoever he will be partnered with at the time of the first one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 853fisher said:

Rewinding a few days, I found it very odd that Artem was the only pro to get his own separate announcement.  I certainly didn't think he was that popular, and his results have been very average.  I guess it's possible they were still negotiating with whoever he will be partnered with at the time of the first one.

He is getting attention because he just had a baby with Nikki Bella. Nikki is more famous than Artem and giving him the attention he has never had.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I was going to boycott this season.  And then....a Backstreet Boy (AJ McLean) is joining this season and now I must power vote.  IT'S LIKE THEY KNEW!  

Ugh I’m another Backstreet/AJ fan who wants to boycott due to Tom’s firing. Do they play DWTS online? Is there a way to watch without contributing to ratings?

I think AJ will do well. As I’m sure you know, he dances better than all the BSB. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Ugh I’m another Backstreet/AJ fan who wants to boycott due to Tom’s firing. Do they play DWTS online? Is there a way to watch without contributing to ratings?

I think AJ will do well. As I’m sure you know, he dances better than all the BSB. 

I usually would watch on youtube after the show is over and I hulu live and I can watch it the season, I dont fool with cable anyway.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

He is getting attention because he just had a baby with Nikki Bella. Nikki is more famous than Artem and giving him the attention he has never had.

But is she so popular either?  I have literally never heard of her in any context outside of DWTS.  I guess I'm way out of the "zeitgeist."  Or perhaps I just don't know or care to learn about the WWE.  I have friends to whom she probably is big indeed.  (And I mean that without a hint of snark.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, 853fisher said:

But is she so popular either?  I have literally never heard of her in any context outside of DWTS.  I guess I'm way out of the "zeitgeist."  Or perhaps I just don't know or care to learn about the WWE.  I have friends to whom she probably is big indeed.  (And I mean that without a hint of snark.)

I was assuming she is well known and popular. I didnt even know who she was either before she came on dwts because i was never a fan of WWE anyway.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I found it very odd that Artem was the only pro to get his own separate announcement.  I certainly didn't think he was that popular, and his results have been very average.

He probably made them do it, since they dumped him last year.

4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

He probably made them do it, since they dumped him last year.

Well they dumped Sharna too but she isnt getting this big attention of returning like Artem. I truly believe because he just had a baby with Nikki Bella and they are engaged as to why he is getting this attention.

1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Well they dumped Sharna too but she isnt getting this big attention of returning like Artem. I truly believe because he just had a baby with Nikki Bella and they are engaged as to why he is getting this attention.

I also didn't know Nikki until DWTS since I don't watch WWE.  However, I was surprised when the show dumped Artem last season because that's when Nikki and he started dating.  I thought that the show would like the extra publicity.  I would take Artem over Gleb any day even without the extra attention.  Gleb is just icky. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

I also didn't know Nikki until DWTS since I don't watch WWE.  However, I was surprised when the show dumped Artem last season because that's when Nikki and he started dating.  I thought that the show would like the extra publicity.  I would take Artem over Gleb any day even without the extra attention.  Gleb is just icky. 

Gleb is icky. I heard he stays cheating on his wife too, I know he cheated on her before but im not surprise if he is still doing it. I believe they are trying to turn him into the new Maks and its not working.

3 hours ago, realdancemom said:

The UK version has a fairly popular young pro who fell in love with a soap actress doing the show (as someone else's partner) in 2017.  They dated throughout 2018, announced their pregnancy in February 2019, and delivered in July.  There was a great deal of surprise when the year's cast was announced in August and he was not given a partner: he made clear it was not his decision.  The British tabloid press does a lot of nasty rumormongering around the supposed "curse" that threatens relationships when people do the show and I thought they'd like to capitalize on this pro and his girlfriend being conspicuously and wholesomely happy all over.  But perhaps having the baby made him seem off-limits for gossip, showmance, whatever and they wanted someone with whom they could do that.  And perhaps something like that was in play with Artem when he was dropped last time.  Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or whatever. 😉

Edited by 853fisher
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4