Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that ABC just wants to end this show but its ratings in comparison to say Idol and even the Bachelor franchise, is pretty solid or along the same line. And so to avoid angry petitions from fans to not cancel it, they're doing everything to ensure the ratings go to complete shit, so when they do cancel it, they can comfortably say, "well the ratings didn't justify keeping it on anymore". Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory. 

They probably also at least kind of have to keep it on until at least the end of the year or the beginning of 2021. Thanks to all the virus-related restrictions, it’ll probably be at least November, if not later, until the scripted shows ordered for this fall are ready to premiere. The “reality” shows, at least most of them except maybe Survivor (which I think is already delayed) & The Amazing Race (the status of which I’m unsure), mostly don’t require any sort of travel that would result in quarantining after or before & episodes can be produced faster than the scripted shows. I read that many of the networks could have a lotta “reality” programming on their schedules this fall to fill the gaps left by scripted shows that have been delayed in production because of the virus & the social distancing restrictions currently required among people.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 1:59 AM, vdw84 said:

This makes me think of that time Maks and I cant think of her name but it was Nick's wife from the group 98 degrees were partners and in one of their packages she was playing around with a fake mike and trying to act like a host and Maks called her out and said u know Tom isnt going anywhere? Its funny how somethin so playful yet felt very true ends up being direct opposite a couple of seasons later.

Nick’s wife is Vanessa (Minnillo) Lachey.

The explanation for Derek replacing Len is that Len cannot travel due to COVID.   I'll buy that, I guess.  Hopefully, Len will be asked to return next season.   But I wouldn't be surprised if they planned to replace him anyway  and they were able to use virus to make his departure more palatable to viewers, especially have the Tom/Erin debacle.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Maks's head must be ready to explode over the Derek news.

Gotta admit, that was my first reaction to the news, too. Soooo not sorry for Maks.

I like Derek and Len, and, under the circumstances, I'm okay with Derek as a stand-in (though I won't actually be watching). But I also gotta admit I lost some respect for him with those overly effusive remarks in the announcement. Man's gotta earn a paycheck, I know, and spew the company line, yadda yadda, but... I don't know, ignoring the elephant in the room (Tom) isn't a good look on anyone. Not surprised on the ignoring, though.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, 853fisher said:

But is she so popular either?  I have literally never heard of her in any context outside of DWTS.  I guess I'm way out of the "zeitgeist."  Or perhaps I just don't know or care to learn about the WWE.  I have friends to whom she probably is big indeed.  (And I mean that without a hint of snark.)

Nikki Bella & her twin sister, Brie, also have a reality show, Total Bellas, on the E! network/channel(?).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a forgotten comma.

Do anyone know why Artem and Sharna both dont seem close to the C bros anymore, well esp. Sharna with Peta, they were bestfriends and now it seems like Peta is closer to kione who is dating kiki from sytycd. I hardly see them interact with them.

17 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Do anyone know why Artem and Sharna both dont seem close to the C bros anymore, well esp. Sharna with Peta, they were bestfriends and now it seems like Peta is closer to kione who is dating kiki from sytycd. I hardly see them interact with them.

Is anyone close to the C brothers anymore? They seem to have a thing for using people and throwing them away. At least that's what Demi Moore's daughter Rumer and Janel (forgot her last name) seemed to imply. They weren't happy with Val at all. Come to think of it, none of Maks' partners seem to like him either, except for Erin (maybe).

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jesse Metcalfe isn’t just known for his work on Desperate Housewives & various Hallmark Channel shows. He also played the adult version of Christopher Ewing, adopted son of Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy) & the late Pamela Barnes Ewing (Victoria Principal), on the TNT reboot of Dallas a few years back (before, & basically until, the cancer-related death of Larry Hagman who played the eldest Ewing brother, & the show’s supervillain, JR). To be clear, Victoria Principal was not in the TNT reboot version of the show, only in the CBS  original until a season number I can’t remember, though she left before it ended on CBS.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add some info.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

So we get two attention wh0res.....Tyra and Derek!

Fortunately, there are like 30 contestants so neither of them will have time to get a word in unless the show is 3 hours long. I sure hope not.

Add to this Tyra's posing and "smizing." There's a new promo on ABC where Tyra poses and smirks into the camera for about 30 seconds straight.  She's insufferable.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Gotta admit, that was my first reaction to the news, too. Soooo not sorry for Maks.

I like Derek and Len, and, under the circumstances, I'm okay with Derek as a stand-in (though I won't actually be watching). But I also gotta admit I lost some respect for him with those overly effusive remarks in the announcement. Man's gotta earn a paycheck, I know, and spew the company line, yadda yadda, but... I don't know, ignoring the elephant in the room (Tom) isn't a good look on anyone. Not surprised on the ignoring, though.

I thought the exact same thing. Derek could've at least given a shout-out to Tom and Erin. He worked with Tom for how many years? And he knew Erin not only as a co-host but as a contestant. If you never watched it, the Outside the Box thing he did with her, Maks and Nicole back in Season 10 it's gold.

Dancing with the Stars - Outside the Box Interview

1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Everyone seemed to back away from Peta and Maks after they got back together. Sharna's hung on more than anyone but not like before, and even less so after Peta picked Nicole Volynets as her maid of honor rather than Sharna. Although she apparently has done some workout with Peta for that dance app the fam is shilling. 

1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Is anyone close to the C brothers anymore? They seem to have a thing for using people and throwing them away. At least that's what Demi Moore's daughter Rumer and Janel (forgot her last name) seemed to imply. They weren't happy with Val at all. Come to think of it, none of Maks' partners seem to like him either, except for Erin (maybe).

I noticed a few months back that the entire Volynets family has stopped following Maks on social media, though they all still follow Val and Peta. Maks purged his social media awhile back of all his former partners except Erin, Meryl and Heather. 

• Love 1

I thought the exact same thing. Derek could've at least given a shout-out to Tom and Erin. He worked with Tom for how many years? And he knew Erin not only as a co-host but as a contestant. If you never watched it, the Outside the Box thing he did with her, Maks and Nicole back in Season 10 it's gold.

Dancing with the Stars - Outside the Box Interview

Everyone seemed to back away from Peta and Maks after they got back together. Sharna's hung on more than anyone but not like before, and even less so after Peta picked Nicole Volynets as her maid of honor rather than Sharna. Although she apparently has done some workout with Peta for that dance app the fam is shilling. 

I noticed a few months back that the entire Volynets family has stopped following Maks on social media, though they all still follow Val and Peta. Maks purged his social media awhile back of all his former partners except Erin, Meryl and Heather. 

Somethin I noticed about the women who marry in C bros. Both Peta and Jenna seems to have isolated themselves outside of the dance group, its all about the fam. Jenna esp. has no life outside of Val, its quite sad. She is still young and has no kids but seem to not have life that is not revolved around her hubby and his fam.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Somethin I noticed about the women who marry in C bros. Both Peta and Jenna seems to have isolated themselves outside of the dance group, its all about the fam. Jenna esp. has no life outside of Val, its quite sad. She is still young and has no kids but seem to not have life that is not revolved around her hubby and his fam.

Peta did the same thing. When Maks dumped her, her friend Mark took her in and let her live with him in LA. She and Sharna also became very close with some guy named Beau. As soon as she and Maks started speaking again, she moved out and dumped Mark. And shortly after she got pregnant, both she and Sharna dumped Beau.

A lot of people were shocked she picked Nicole as her maid of honor over Sharna but I didn't think it was any big surprise. After all, Nicole is fam, Sharna is not. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Peta did the same thing. When Maks dumped her, her friend Mark took her in and let her live with him in LA. She and Sharna also became very close with some guy named Beau. As soon as she and Maks started speaking again, she moved out and dumped Mark. And shortly after she got pregnant, both she and Sharna dumped Beau.

A lot of people were shocked she picked Nicole as her maid of honor over Sharna but I didn't think it was any big surprise. After all, Nicole is fam, Sharna is not. 

So she was pregnant before Maks propose to her? I wonder is that why he proposed to her.

7 hours ago, vdw84 said:

So she was pregnant before Maks propose to her? I wonder is that why he proposed to her.

No, pretty sure they were already engaged when she got pregnant. I always figured that was her condition for letting Maks knock her up --- that he had to give her a ring first.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

This is the concept art of the redesigned audience-less ballroom:

dwts-new-ballroom-rendering.jpg&token=AQ

This isn't to my taste.  I prefer something more classic.  This makes me think of the carnival ride that spins until everyone is stuck to the walls by centrifugal force, and then the floor drops away.

image.png.d2291af71e088a074ab5db4ed40c0bb4.png

22 hours ago, sas616 said:

The explanation for Derek replacing Len is that Len cannot travel due to COVID.   I'll buy that, I guess.  Hopefully, Len will be asked to return next season.   But I wouldn't be surprised if they planned to replace him anyway  and they were able to use virus to make his departure more palatable to viewers, especially have the Tom/Erin debacle.  

I guess I buy it too.  I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist.  But like you, I wouldn't be surprised by the alternate explanation either.  The man is 76 and recently had cancer, so under present circumstances, who could blame him if he simply preferred his nice home in Kent over LA County right now?  Then again, I do think he could have traveled if he wanted to.  I could be mistaken, but I thought the recent travel restrictions were based on where you've been in the past 14 days, not citizenship.  In other words, someone who has been in the UK in the last 14 days is not permitted to enter the US at this time.  But if Len had flown to some other country, enjoyed a two week holiday in seclusion (or not, depending on local circumstance), and then flown to California from there, I understand he would've been eligible for admittance.  A bit of a hassle, sure, but the kind of wage he's paid would make it worthwhile to many people.  (I could be totally mistaken, as I've tried to follow the news and did some light Googling, but haven't seriously contemplated travel anywhere myself.  If I am, I apologize.)

• Love 3
23 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Yes. Carrie Ann’s returning. At least she was the last I heard. I have to say, I think at least Tom, especially Tom (though in many ways Erin too), in my opinion got a raw deal. Or at least little to no respect in how his exit was handled after he hosted for so long. If Tyra doesn’t tank the show this season, I hope she’s a “1 & done” as host & they bring at least Tom back for S30.

Has a host of a major network franchise EVER been fired and brought back due to fan pressure?  The one and only example I can think of is Jay Leno, and arguably it wasn't fan pressure that brought him back, but bad decisionmaking (and he was never actually fired just moved between timeslots).  

Tyra won't last.  I'm pretty confident of that.  But when she inevitable leaves Disney will I'm sure have long past realized that (they may already be seeing her just as a transition) and already have a strategy ready for the next replacement.  And while they'll have zero hope of completely recouping the lost audience, I'd wager they'd get ENOUGH of it back due to Tyra no longer stinking up the joint that they'll publicly position whoever comes after Tyra as a victory, even if it's not.  It will be spin, admittedly, but the viewership has been declining ANYWAY.  Actually one wonders if they won't simply retire the show instead, since it's VERY expensive.  That may seem unthinkable to many, but every show has a natural lifetime and this one may have exceeded it, Tom or no Tom. 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, boyznkatz said:

So we get two attention wh0res.....Tyra and Derek!

Fortunately, there are like 30 contestants so neither of them will have time to get a word in unless the show is 3 hours long. I sure hope not.

To be fair, THREE.  Nobody would ever pose Bruno as anything other than an attention whore.

However Bruno succeeds in being charming when he does it.  He's in on the joke surrounding someone who's entire shtick is based on being too loud, too focus-pulling, too single shaded with his reactions.  He GETS that he's a clown.

Derek, in contrast, never seems in on the joke of how he comes off.  He's not the boisterous loud version of attention whore that Bruno is, but more of the smarmy seeming, vastly overconfident seeming, non-humble eternally posing for the camera type.  He's the Zoolander type, but someone who doesn't realize he's Zoolander.

And as for Tyra?  With her it's this even weirder thing where she ACTS like she's in on the joke, but you can tell it's only because someone explained the joke to her and she's trying to use it as an excuse for being an attention whore.  Think of William Shatner, after all the stuff came out about what a total ass he was on the set of Star Trek and how he eventually reengaged the public as a seeming deliberate parody of an egotist.  Except... he still really IS one. Same with Tyra.

• Love 14

I'll reserve my judgment on Tyra until I see the show. I know a lot of you guys aren't watching, but I'll give you the scoop on whether you missed anything or not.

Really, this show has a long list of attention whores...Derek, Julianne, Bruno, Carrie Ann, Maks, Val, Jenna, list goes on and on. I'm not sure Tyra would be any different.

The main thing I'm waiting to see is how she does an an executive producer. If she brings back ballroom dancing and gets rid of contemporary, jazz, etc. then great. If she's going to bring in more fluff, then good riddance.

1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

The main thing I'm waiting to see is how she does an an executive producer. If she brings back ballroom dancing and gets rid of contemporary, jazz, etc. then great. If she's going to bring in more fluff, then good riddance.

From the interview with Tyra, link posted one page back:

"I think it's important to continue to make sure that younger people are watching the show with their older family members, that co-viewing, of bringing everybody together," she said. "So I have some ideas on having a little popular dance mixed [in], we have some ideas, we'll be testing that and seeing how people are feeling that.

I'm reading that as "screw ballroom, we're having hip-hop".

Oh well, how many times can I decide I'm not interested in the current season? I might have come back to see a bit of Derek, if he'd been dancing, but I've had more than enough of his "judging" on World of Dance (which is very heavily hip-hop, by the way, so I'm sure he'll be all for it).

Sigh.

Edited by surreysmum
stupid fingers made typos
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Has a host of a major network franchise EVER been fired and brought back due to fan pressure?  The one and only example I can think of is Jay Leno, and arguably it wasn't fan pressure that brought him back, but bad decisionmaking (and he was never actually fired just moved between timeslots).  

Tyra won't last.  I'm pretty confident of that.  But when she inevitable leaves Disney will I'm sure have long past realized that (they may already be seeing her just as a transition) and already have a strategy ready for the next replacement.  And while they'll have zero hope of completely recouping the lost audience, I'd wager they'd get ENOUGH of it back due to Tyra no longer stinking up the joint that they'll publicly position whoever comes after Tyra as a victory, even if it's not.  It will be spin, admittedly, but the viewership has been declining ANYWAY.  Actually one wonders if they won't simply retire the show instead, since it's VERY expensive.  That may seem unthinkable to many, but every show has a natural lifetime and this one may have exceeded it, Tom or no Tom. 

I don't watch it, but what about Simon Cowell? Didn't he leave and come back?

I think it's going to be more a matter of getting rid of Andrew Llinares. He's really stunk up the joint starting with the athletes season. Everything he's done has sucked. Hopefully ABC will rid themselves of him after this debacle. Then I could see them kissing ass to get Tom back.

• Love 3

I can understand if the show wants a change and revamp. Im sorry but the viewing audience can be very awful, sexist and racist and I know the show wants to stir away from that but the showrunners handled this all wrong. Firing Tom, then bam hiring a black woman to take his spot should have been music to their ears that this was going to lead to people assuming the obvious. Im always for change but do it the right way. I dont like how the showrunners are leaving Tyra out to fin for herself through all this either but thats usually how it goes, the person u should be upset with and ready to protest always get overlooked for easier targets.

Spoiler

I don't watch it, but what about Simon Cowell? Didn't he leave and come back?

Simon Cowell was on American Idol Season 1-10.  He never returned.

Simon Cowell was on America's Got Talent Seasons 11-15.  He's off the show now, but only for medical reasons.

1 hour ago, surreysmum said:

From the interview with Tyra, link posted one page back:

"I think it's important to continue to make sure that younger people are watching the show with their older family members, that co-viewing, of bringing everybody together," she said. "So I have some ideas on having a little popular dance mixed [in], we have some ideas, we'll be testing that and seeing how people are feeling that.

I'm reading that as "screw ballroom, we're having hip-hop".

Oh well, how many times can I decide I'm not interested in the current season? I might have come back to see a bit of Derek, if he'd been dancing, but I've had more than enough of his "judging" on World of Dance (which is very heavily hip-hop, by the way, so I'm sure he'll be all for it).

Sigh.

Tyra is not a producer on the show.  Why do her ideas on this even matter?   Frankly... who asked her?

Also, this posturing opens up the question of if 46 year old Tyra Banks thinks SHE herself is a youth draw?   It's not a discredit overall to her that she's more than 30 years into her career, and 46 certainly isn't that old these days, but that said... what about her screams "youth draw"?  I know she's not saying she is, but the fact that she's replaced a guy who clearly was put out to pasture under some impression that he wasn't serving that audience, and then makes a point in that interview to wave around ideas about drawing younger people (ideas which certainly don't depend on HER being the host) does seem to say the subject is on her mind.

3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Tyra is not a producer on the show.  Why do her ideas on this even matter?   Frankly... who asked her?

Also, this posturing opens up the question of if 46 year old Tyra Banks thinks SHE herself is a youth draw?   It's not a discredit overall to her that she's more than 30 years into her career, and 46 certainly isn't that old these days, but that said... what about her screams "youth draw"?  I know she's not saying she is, but the fact that she's replaced a guy who clearly was put out to pasture under some impression that he wasn't serving that audience, and then makes a point in that interview to wave around ideas about drawing younger people (ideas which certainly don't depend on HER being the host) does seem to say the subject is on her mind.

Isn't she the executive producer?

I don't really get their constant need to woo younger voters either, not that they would care about either Tyra or Derek. If they really wanted someone hip, they should have tried to get someone like Zendaya, even though she is way too A-list for this show. Maybe they could have gotten someone hip who is a rising star. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, surreysmum said:

She is named as an executive producer. She's not the only one, though.

Geez.  Is she?

Why?  

I mean this makes her role even MORE unbelievable because it means that someone who so many seem to think it a bad choice is getting a DOUBLE payday on the show.  So on top of the other objections.... she's EXPENSIVE.

• Love 5

A bit off-topic, but I’ve never understood advertisers’ obsession with youth generally.  This is hardly an original thought, to be sure.  But the Lord knows I have more money to spend at 26 than I did at 18.  Friends who are 34 have more than I do now and coworkers who are 42 have more than any of us.  Etc etc etc.  I guess part of the notion is that you “get ‘em young” and they’ll build lifelong relationships with your product, or aspire to them as appropriate?

I also haven’t watched TV outside the streaming apps in ten years, so maybe I’ve lost sight of just what is being advertised.  But going off what was there when last I checked, if I was advertising perfumes or towncars or furniture, I would much rather have my parents watching than me.  I'd bet good money that the DWTS audience has more to spend than that of, IDK, Riverdale or another very young-skewing show.  Am I way off?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Isn't she the executive producer?

I don't really get their constant need to woo younger voters either, not that they would care about either Tyra or Derek. If they really wanted someone hip, they should have tried to get someone like Zendaya, even though she is way too A-list for this show. Maybe they could have gotten someone hip who is a rising star. 

I think Keke Palmer would have been good. She is young and has great personality.

• Love 1

I got this from Pure DWTS. Songs and dances: 

ABC’s ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Returns on Sept. 14 With a Cast of 15 Celebrities Ready to Compete for the Coveted Mirrorball Trophy

SEASON PREMIERE
ABC’S ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS’ RETURNS ON SEPT. 14
WITH A CAST OF 15 CELEBRITIES READY TO COMPETE FOR THE COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY

Celebrity and Professional Dancer Pairings to Be Revealed During Broadcast
Reveal of Brand-New Set and Judges Desk

Supermodel and Businesswoman Tyra Banks to Host 2020 Season

“2020 Premiere” – “Dancing with the Stars” is back and better than ever with a new, well-known and energetic cast of 15 celebrities who are ready to add some glitzy bling to their wardrobe and break in their dancing shoes. The competition begins with a two-hour season premiere, live, MONDAY, SEPT. 14 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

“Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts. The series, hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, returns to the ballroom with a lineup of celebrities, including a GRAMMY® winner, a Bachelorette, a big-cat lover-turned-reality TV star and a pro-football legend, to name a few. The series averaged 9.1 million total viewers last season after 35 days of viewing across linear and digital platforms.

Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.

Throughout the first evening, the celebrity and pro duos will perform the time-honored dances that include the Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Salsa or Tango.

For the show’s first broadcast of the season, there will not be a viewing audience vote, and only the judges will score the routines. Those scores will carry over and be combined with judges’ scores from week two, which also marks the first weekly live viewing audience vote of the season (via abc.com and SMS/text) – and the first elimination. The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window).

Moving forward with each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast.

The celebrity cast and professional dancers are listed below.

Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:

head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) dancing Foxtrot to “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
animal activist Carole Baskin (“Tiger King”) dancing Paso to “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) dancing Cha Cha to “Stupid Love” by Lady Gaga
Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis dancing Foxtrot to “All of Me” by John Legend
TV and film actress Anne Heche dancing Cha Cha to “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa
Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson dancing Tango to “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj
actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) dancing Cha Cha to “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean dancing Jive to “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai dancing Salsa to “Tell It to My Heart” by Taylor Dayne
TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe dancing Quickstep to “Part Time Love” by Stevie Wonder
GRAMMY-winning rapper Nelly dancing Salsa to “Ride Wit Me” by Nelly
TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) dancing Foxtrot to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
NBA superstar Charles Oakley (“The Last Dance”) dancing Salsa to “In Da Club” by 50 Cent
actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) dancing Tango to “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk
Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir dancing Cha Cha to “Buttons” by The Pussycat Dolls

Professional dancers include the following:

Brandon Armstrong
Alan Bersten
Sharna Burgess
Cheryl Burke
Artem Chigvintsev
Val Chmerkovskiy
Sasha Farber
Jenna Johnson
Daniella Karagach
Keo Motsepe
Peta Murgatroyd
Pasha Pashkov
Gleb Savchenko
Emma Slater
Britt Stewart

Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli will be joined by Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough at the judges desk. Meanwhile, in light of current circumstances, Len Goodman will be unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, though he will still be a part of the show in a different capacity sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

Do we know yet whether the judges have the final decision over eliminations again this season? Hopefully they do, or they'll be a lot of frustrating eliminations with this voting system!

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-with-the-stars-returns-on-sept-14-with-a-cast-of-15-celebrities-ready-to-compete-for-the-coveted-mirrorball-trophy/

I think they should def. keep in the voting system but they only can save a couple no  more than 2 times so we want do through what happen last season with Ally and James. Ally had been put in the bottom three times and was saved over James one time which caused a huge outcry so I think its important for the Judges save to have limitations on how many saves they can give one couple.

Edited by vdw84
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2020 at 5:18 AM, vdw84 said:

I think Keke Palmer would have been good. She is young and has great personality.

She's also already an ABC employee. Seems like a slam dunk.  You have two other hosts on her current show to hold the fort.  Unlike Tyra Banks, she'd actually bring or stand a chance of holding young viewers.

1 minute ago, Kromm said:

She's also already an ABC employee. Seems like a slam dunk.  You have two other hosts on her current show to hold the fort.  Unlike Tyra Banks, she'd actually bring or stand a chance of holding young viewers.

Yep, I agree. They could have kept Tyra as Executive producer and hired Keke as the host but knowing Tyra she pro. wanted to be host too.

50 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Yep, I agree. They could have kept Tyra as Executive producer and hired Keke as the host but knowing Tyra she pro. wanted to be host too.

Why would anyone make Tyra an Exec Producer unless they wanted her to host?  I mean as hard as it is to believe anyone DID want her to host, it's clearly the only reason she's a producer.

• Love 2

I have the hardest time pronouncing Chrishell Stause.  Her first name just doesn’t roll off the tongue. 

I’m surprised about Skai and being on this show.  She’s been in some trouble for doxxing people, including young kids.  Either that or she gets her IG fans to do the doxxing.   

1 minute ago, KLovestoShop said:

I have the hardest time pronouncing Chrishell Stause.  Her first name just doesn’t roll off the tongue. 

I’m surprised about Skai and being on this show.  She’s been in some trouble for doxxing people, including young kids.  Either that or she gets her IG fans to do the doxxing.   

Yeah, I know about that. I noticed on her instagram, she has limited comments on her posts. I dont know she has pretty nice following and with Alans following, they may be ok esp. if she turns out being a really good dancer.

This scary picture just greeted me over at the Daily Mail just now.  It actually startled me.  Too early in the morning for this.  Tragic wig.  So, so bad.  And the dress.  And is she wearing shiny hose?  No words.

1600140418278_9647445322281180.jpg.daf232344bdd6c10009fa3925230ba3e.jpg

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2020 at 5:17 PM, Kromm said:

She's also already an ABC employee. Seems like a slam dunk.  You have two other hosts on her current show to hold the fort. Unlike Tyra Banks, she'd actually bring or stand a chance of holding young viewers.

Regarding the bolded: Actually, they’ve canceled Strahan, Sara and Keke (I’m assuming that’s the show you’re referring to). It was replaced shortly after the pandemic started by a daily show talking about that.

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

This scary picture just greeted me over at the Daily Mail just now.  It actually startled me.  Too early in the morning for this.  Tragic wig.  So, so bad.  And the dress.  And is she wearing shiny hose?  No words.

1600140418278_9647445322281180.jpg.daf232344bdd6c10009fa3925230ba3e.jpg

Happily, she changed into something else that was at least a little more understated, except for the necklace she wore with it, after the opening segment  (if not then, at some point anyway).