Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Thread Emanation

Sorry for the double post, but "shelookslikemiley" in Australia just posted an FML:

Today, I can't go on watching season 8 of The Big Bang Theory, not because of the steady decline of the show's quality, but because I can't stand Penny's new haircut. FML

For those of you unfamiliar with FML, "Fmylife.com is a collection of user-submitted stories, likely to happen to anyone, which we then publish on the site. Simple. This is a place where you can let it all hang out and unwind by sharing the little things that screw with your day, and maybe realize that you are not alone in experiencing day-to day crap."

Edited by editorgrrl

You have the money to pay for it. It's basically a promotional tool at this point, celebs get them conveniently around times of movie releases, tv releases, etc.. CBS probably requested it and fit the bill for BBT promotions.

• Love 1

You have the money to pay for it. It's basically a promotional tool at this point, celebs get them conveniently around times of movie releases, tv releases, etc.. CBS probably requested it and fit the bill for BBT promotions.

It is understood that the cost of installing a star on the Walk of Fame upon approval is $30,000 and the sponsor of the nominee accepts the responsibility for arranging for payment to the Hollywood Historic Trust, a 501©3 charitable foundation. The funds are used to pay for the creation/installation of the star and ceremony, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame.

http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/press

BTW Jim Parsons will get a star in 2015

Edited by springtime

I'm so sorry to hear this -- and wonder if the few glimpses we had of Mrs. Wolowitz (Debbie!), or her bathrobe, were actually her.  I hope she got public recognition for her very recognizable role. 

• Love 1

And what abt Stuart? I love that they're writing his character w/more respect and that he has more confidence. And of course, I love Kevin.

My guess is they'll just get a voice stand-in.

RIP, Ms. Susi. I'm glad you're no longer suffering.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

I just heard about Ms. Susi.  That's a shame.  I also wonder if they'll get someone else to do the voice or have Mrs. W. pass away.  I had just been thinking about a possible plotline where Howard's mom passes away and leaves the house jointly to Stuart and Howard.  Then Howard, Bernie and Stuart all insist on living there. 

According to imdb, she had been in 39 episodes of 'TBBT' and the most recent episode (the one with the prom) was the last one listed for her.

• Love 2

Since her death was likely anticipated, and since her character is more or less invisible (Carol Ann Susi was no where near the size of Mrs. Woliwitz) I wonder if she expressed a desire for the show to continue the character or not. Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) has been mimicking the Mrs. Wolowitz voice for quite a while; maybe they talked about having her do it. But Mrs. Wolowitz has been in poor health, so her death would be fitting on several levels.

So sad.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

I just saw this news. So sad.

Anyone else notice the absence of fat and die jokes on the recent episodes. I thought of that when watching the Prom episode that they weren't going for the cheap laugh.  Perhaps with the actress's illness, they finally realized it was in bad taste.

• Love 3

RIP. 

I hope the show doesn't get someone else to do the voice. I like BooksRule's idea of Debbie dying and leaving the house to both Stuart and Howard. What would really be sweet, however, would be if she just left it to Howard. I don't know if the show would do something like that, but it would be nice if after her bonding with Stuart she would still see Howard as No. 1.

• Love 3

I like BooksRule's idea of Debbie dying and leaving the house to both Stuart and Howard. What would really be sweet, however, would be if she just left it to Howard. I don't know if the show would do something like that, but it would be nice if after her bonding with Stuart she would still see Howard as No. 1.

However, this is a sitcom and I hope they don't go too serious on us.

• Love 1

Anyone else notice the absence of fat and die jokes on the recent episodes. I thought of that when watching the Prom episode that they weren't going for the cheap laugh.  Perhaps with the actress's illness, they finally realized it was in bad taste.

I didn't think about that, but you're right!  I'm glad they toned the insults down.  It was unnecessary, IMO. 

I hope the house is left to Howard, but Stuart will still get the money to help with the comic book store.  Maybe Howard & Bernadette can move into the house, after all, they've been saving for one, so this might be an option for them.  It will be sad for Howard, especially since he doesn't have his father to lean on.  This might be a way to bring somebody in to play his dad - maybe in future episodes, but to do it with humor.  I don't want things to get too melodramatic. I know that shit happens in real life, and it's always good to see the gang on TBBT help each other, but I only want that in small doses. 

RIP Carol Ann Susi. You will be missed.

• Love 2

I hope the house is left to Howard, but Stuart will still get the money to help with the comic book store.  Maybe Howard & Bernadette can move into the house, after all, they've been saving for one, so this might be an option for them.  

I like the idea of Howard getting the house but Stuart getting money for the comic book store.  Having Debbie pass away wouldn't be totally off-base with what is going on in the show since she isn't in great health. I could see them maybe working it into what happens between the final episode of this season and the first episode of last season, so not dragging out a super-depressing multi-episode arc but allowing the sad thing to happen and then moving on. The BBT cliff-hanger plots have been semi-serious in the past, at least as sitcoms go, like Sheldon running away so having Mrs. Wolowitz die at the end of this season could work. 

Stuart and the comic book store are an important part of the show so him using an inheritance from Debbie to reopen it would fit the plot of her offering him money from a few episodes ago, and also allow the comic book store to come back into the show, but maybe better than ever since he'd have money.  And then it could also bring in a plot of Bernadette trying to make Howard's childhood house her own home - like what does one do with a bathroom full of clowns? And how to they get Stuart to leave?

• Love 5

Seems strange to say we will miss somebody we never actually saw, but I will.

Mrs. W. never failed to crack me up! "Howard, do you want Froot Loops?"  Stewart, "your bath is getting cold!"  Funny lady.

I kind of hope they do replace her and the storyline continues for awhile.  We had the emotional Howard scene with the letter from his dad.  TBBT is my favorite show and I don't think I could watch such a very sad episode, although I agree that Sheldon would be wonderful.

Having lost my in-laws, my parents, and many adored aunts and uncles in the last few years, I know I would be a wreck.

RIP, Ms. Susi.

• Love 2

I like the idea of Howard getting the house but Stuart getting money for the comic book store.

I thought Stuart said she had already given him the money, when the guys tried to make him their offer. Although it sounded like a gift, if he made her a partner in return, Howard could wind up being part-owner of the shop after all.

• Love 3

Mrs. W. never failed to crack me up! "Howard, do you want Froot Loops?"  Stewart, "your bath is getting cold!"

Although the show has been on for awhile, it doesn't seem that long ago when she referred to Raj as "the little brown boy" and Sheldon as "the skinny weirdo".

• Love 2

Has anyone heard whether we will see an episode tonight? President Obama is scheduled to speak about immigration at 8 PM Eastern time. CBS might just delay all the evening shows, or skip BBT, or skip one of the other sitcoms. If they skip a show on the east coast, historically they will air a rerun of that show in other time zones rather than a new ep. Hoping that the speech is short and we can see BBT. (I don't watch any of the other sitcoms.)

• Love 1

I can't remember what station I was listening to at the time, but they said that none of the broadcast TV stations were going to show the speech. As much as I hate those kind of interruptions, I think that it's very disrespectful to have every broadcast station not run it.

I say this as a person who is really annoyed at the way our government officials can't just work together and get shit done.

As for the show, if it doesn't air at the appointed time, I'll watch it later online.

Yes, that is the scheduled episode.  We'll see whether it will actually air tonight.  Some schedule sites have removed BBT from the grid.

CBSNews.com says "Watch President Obama announce his plans to expand immigration live on CBSN Thursday Nov. 20, at 8:00 p.m. EST." So I think they're showing The Big Bang Theory on TV and covering the speech online.

Simon Helberg was on 'The Talk' today.  He said that the death of Mrs. Wolowitz "will be addressed".  Without really saying much, he also used the words "tasteful", "touching", and "some incredible moments".  That could either mean a VSE, or a quick "Dedicated to the Memory of Carol Ann Susi 1952-2014", or anything in between.

• Love 1

One of my favorite moments on the show is still the Xmas episode in which Penny gives Sheldon the napkin that Leonard Nimoy used while dining at the Cheesecake Factory (autographed, naturally). To see him give her all those gift baskets, declare it "not enough" and offer Penny a hug for the first time... hilarious and sweet.

• Love 9

That was a great episode, sinkwriter.  Sheldon: "You mean I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy? Do you know what that means?  With a healthy ovum I could grow my own Leonard Nimoy!"  Loved it!  RIP Leonard Nimoy.

• Love 4

TBBT and that napkin were the first things I thought of when I heard of Nimoy's passing.

My coworker came into my office and said, "Leonard Nimoy died.  Sheldon is going to be so sad."

• Love 7

One of my favorite moments on the show is still the Xmas episode in which Penny gives Sheldon the napkin that Leonard Nimoy used while dining at the Cheesecake Factory (autographed, naturally). To see him give her all those gift baskets, declare it "not enough" and offer Penny a hug for the first time... hilarious and sweet.

Something I didn't know before now is that they actually got Nimoy to give them a real napkin he'd used with his autograph for that scene.

• Love 1