Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Could It Be . . . Satan?

• Start Topic

Best episode of the season and finally an actual story line.  Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be exactly what everyone knew it would be before the season started: Cordelia will go back in time to stop Michael. That twist in the next episode better be specfuckingtacular or else the rest if this season is going to be just like Roanoke.

Also, Cheyenne Jackson wearing eyeliner can get it.

• Love 23

Great to see Billy Porter and Gabby. I hope Billy becomes a regular in AHS.

So Michael is some kind of demon who destroyed the world. If Michael made Meade in his mother's image, why would he leave her there?

Allison's hair is hilarious.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

It was nice to see Mr.March again he was a favorite of mine.

Billie looked pretty in the school and I liked the stuff with the roses.

Male Witches that was missing from Coven. Great to see Mrytle.

Never liked Madison and too much eye rolling form her.  Is that all she can do?

Sarah being a Villain did not last long.

Cody looked like young Tate with his short hair. In fact he looks better with the short hair then the wig he is wearing.

BD Wong!

Billy was playing his character from Pose with some of those one liners lol.

• Love 17

I thought that was the best episode so far this season. Coven is still my favorite so it was great to see the crew back again. Gabby and Emma still have that awesome back and forth snark between them and everyone looked fabulous. I was surprised to see March/The Hotel incorporated in the episode as I didn't really care for that season (beside Gaga) and tuned out early.

• Love 12

I wasn't expecting to see Pray Tell!  I loved his crack about doing card tricks with Neil Patrick Harris. 

The situation with Queenie was so sad, I'm glad Cordelia did try to save her.  It'll be interesting to see where she ends up after Michael got her out.

The warlocks look like whiny assholes, they were too eager to try and get supremacy over the witches.  Michael played them from the beginning.

• Love 12

Gotta applaud Murphy for diversity - lots of gay actors together (Jackson, Fern, Wong, Paulson, Porter) and POC (Sidibe, Briones, Wong, Porter, Jackson).

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 17

Definitely best episode of the season, and even though it was fan service, it was done perfectly.

Seeing Zoe all mature and now teaching the witches, while rocking that Pantsuit  is everything.

Mr March cameo was everything I didn’t know I needed. But, you know Michael is a bad dude when even James was intimidated and worried for Queenie’s safety. I even felt bad when Queenie left and he was all like “Back to solitaire”...guess you should have kept Mrs. Evers around lol.

Man, The council vs the Warlocks meeting was awesome. You can just feel the collective eye rolls and side eyes from Zoe/Myrtle/Cordelia every time they spoke.

Now, I need answers as to why Queenie and Zoe are only in flashbacks right now.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be exactly what everyone knew it would be before the season started: Cordelia will go back in time to stop Michael.

Yes but how far will she go? Does he kill him after he is born? Does he stop Tate from raping Vivian? Does he stop Tate from killing the kids and then getting shot by the police?  So much could be done but it has to be done right and well this is AHS LOL. 

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

We had one. Leslie Jordan played Quentin Fleming who was a member of the Witches Council.

Yea one still not enough and he really did not do anything.  We did not see the other male witches or any mention of a school they had.

Edited by ShadowHunter

totally agree, best episode so far. It was nice to see that Michael once had some compassion and yeah Cody looks better with his natural short hair, but the wig  give him a more menacing air

god I missed Myrtle and her awesome taste

that was a Hell that Madison totally deserved

As awesome as it was to see March again (and Evan totally killed it again), it would've been better if Queenie was playing poker with March, The Countess and Elizabeth Taylor (especially her!)

since she was mentioned...is Misty coming back?

• Love 7

Pose and ACS: Versace in the house.

So once again goups with power -male or female- are shown to be bossy bullies. The witches were veering a little too close to condescension toward the men. I get it, men historically are trash but still to pile on the dismissive insults and belittle a group and remind them how powerless they are constantly tell them they're inferior biologically and insult everything about them? Don't be shocked when they push back in a big catastrophic way. Cordelia, they tried talking. For you to 'know better' and dress up 'I'm not killing a young man so you little boys can try to make yourselves feel better' in condescending maternalistic sneering only leads to bad things. Take Michelle Obama's lead and take the high road with the warlocks. Why bother with a council if you don't respect the people who form it?  Classy and smart people don't flaunt their power and belittle the people under them, even if you don't like them, try to respect them.

From John Henry's reaction, warlocks don't seem to naturally draw their power from evil sources. He rightly wants nothing to do with Michael but is going along with the wishes of the group. But as part of my point above, the warlocks have been ground down so much they're desperately blind to the danger Michael is because he offers them a means of beating their 'oppressors' and putting them on top. Easy to see now how the chaos happens.

They connected this season to Cortez! Evan Peters got his paycheck playing March. Hee. Very scary that March took one look at Michael and knew he was no one to trifle with. He just said goodbye to Queenie and grabbed the cards for solitaire.

Asylum's gotta be the other season brought in.

Michael having Tate's haircut is a hoot. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
spelling corrections
  • Love 13

I was totally surprised to see a Hotel crossover worked into this episode.   All the hype has been about the Coven and Murder House crossover.   But as soon as I heard Mr. March's voice as Cordelia walked down the hall, I let out a squeal of glee because I loved him in the Hotel season.

I was amused by the Queenie-Madison reunion, and by Madison's version of hell.

And it definitely did not slip past me that Michael had Tate's exact hair.  In fact, before we saw that it was Michael on the camera, I thought it was somehow going to end up being Tate in some crazy twist that only this show could deliver. 

Good times!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, speedroc said:

I thought that was the best episode so far this season. Coven is still my favorite so it was great to see the crew back again. Gabby and Emma still have that awesome back and forth snark between them and everyone looked fabulous. I was surprised to see March/The Hotel incorporated in the episode as I didn't really care for that season (beside Gaga) and tuned out early.

I'll have to re-watch S3 ASAP. I forgot how much fun Madison and Queenie are as unlikely besties.

Because most of this was flashback, I'm intrigued to find out how Madison ends up back on the side of good again (and what happens to Zoe and Queenie).

Myrtle Snow must be way too fun for the writers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Gotta applaud Murphy for diversity - lots of gay actors together (Jackson, Fern, Wong, Paulson, Porter) and POC (Sidibe, Briones, Wong, Porter, Jackson).

Cody Fern's short hair makes him look younger, like a teenage boy. He is 30 years old in real life.  And is Cody Fern gay? I didn't know that. 

OT: Since Gwyneth Paltrow married  Brad Falchuk, I wonder if she will show up in AHS in the near future.  It's not like she is real busy making movies these days.

• Love 2

I just watched it for a second time.... Am I the only one who didn't realize the woman who turned the white rose into blue butterflies is Mallory? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Michael and Mallory were contrasted there, both drawing their teachers' attention as "special"; but where Mallory created butterflies, Michael nearly froze his teachers to death.

3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I get it, men historically are trash but still to pile on the dismissive insults and belittle a group and remind them how powerless they are constantly tell them they're inferior biologically and insult everything about them? Don't be shocked when they push back in a big catastrophic way. Cordelia, they tried talking. For you to 'know better' and dress up 'I'm not killing a young man so you little boys can try to make yourselves feel better' in condescending materialistic sneering only leads to bad things. Take Michelle Obama's lead and take the high road with the warlocks. Why bother with a council if you don't respect the people who form it?  Classy and smart people don't flaunt their power and belittle the people under them, even if you don't like them, try to respect them.

From John Henry's reaction, warlocks don't seem to naturally draw their power from evil sources. He rightly wants nothing to do with Michael but is going along with the wishes of the group. But as part of my point above, the warlocks have been ground down so much they're desperately blind to the danger Michael is because he offers them a means of beating their 'oppressors' and putting them on top. Easy to see now the chaos happens.

This analysis is superb.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, owenthurman said:

I just watched it for a second time.... Am I the only one who didn't realize the woman who turned the white rose into blue butterflies is Mallory? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Michael and Mallory were contrasted there, both drawing their teachers' attention as "special"; but where Mallory created butterflies, Michael nearly froze his teachers to death.

This analysis is superb.

I think Coco and Dinah were also in the Mallory scene?  Coco at the end of the table and Dinah next to Mallory?

• Love 4

Loved hearing the Hotel music and was holding out the slightest bit of hope there would be at least a fleeting glimpse of the fabulous Liz Taylor, my favorite AHS character of all time....alas, but no......

This episode was light years better than the others this season.  Having a coherent plot always helps!

Random observations:

Why the hell was Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan killed so soon?

Cody has like no muscle tone whatsoever but is doing a good job with the role.

More Ruth Fisher, please.

Princess Leia's daughter is not much of an actor.

Don't understand the point of Queenie's constant racist remarks.  

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Love 3

Queenie has always been racist.  As for El the episode,  I liked it but I would have prefered an explanation for myrtle returning.  Also was myrtle always that cold about men?  Haven't seen coven in years. 

• Love 2

You had to love that the scene btwn Cordelia et al and the Warlocks ended with her telling the men "time's up." We see you, Ryan Murphy.

Jon Jon Briones brought this episode to another level, just like he did in ACS Versace. The acting this episode was so good you forgot you were watching a show about cyborgs, witches, and warlocks. That's what I've missed about this series. No matter how tedious the story, a brilliant cast can spin straw into gold.

So, did Constance die or what? How did Michael get to be in her charge?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Billy was playing his character from Pose with some of those one liners lol.

I am here for it! He's a treasure. "I see you, Miss Supreme."

All the warlock guest stars were great. BD Wong, Billy Porter, the actor who played the father in the Assassination of Gianni Versace mini-series ...

• Love 9

I fucking loved this episode. Seriously this is definitely going down as one of my favourite all time episodes, it really was that good.

Cody Fern is a bloody revelation. Brilliant in ACSVersace and was perfectly cast as Michael here. I loved the huge flashback focus with him here, including his relationships with the real Meade and that Boys Warlock School was made of win.

I liked Ariel, Chablis and John Henry Moore as characters and BD Wong's character too.

Great returns for James Patrick March, Queenie and Zoe and the hell Madison had to go through before Michael got her out was amusing as well, hell I guess.

Fabulous one liners in this episode as well and I loved the last scene too when Michael and Cordelia met for the first.

I'm guessing Mallory might be the new Supreme, right? 10/10

• Love 6
1 hour ago, darkestboy said:

I fucking loved this episode. Seriously this is definitely going down as one of my favourite all time episodes, it really was that good.

Cody Fern is a bloody revelation. Brilliant in ACSVersace and was perfectly cast as Michael here. I loved the huge flashback focus with him here, including his relationships with the real Meade and that Boys Warlock School was made of win.

I liked Ariel, Chablis and John Henry Moore as characters and BD Wong's character too.

Great returns for James Patrick March, Queenie and Zoe and the hell Madison had to go through before Michael got her out was amusing as well, hell I guess.

Fabulous one liners in this episode as well and I loved the last scene too when Michael and Cordelia met for the first.

I'm guessing Mallory might be the new Supreme, right? 10/10

Ugh, I'm sensing the same thing re: Mallory. Of course Murphy would have to take the weakest actor of the season and make her the key to the whole story.  There's obviously something special about her, and we're no doubt going to see a squaring off of good and evil/men and women. Like, we get it. Murphy is an ally. An ally that also gives work to an abuser. He can miss me with his support. The only thing that will save the season for me is if Mallory turns out to be evil somehow and Cordelia and the Witches are defeated. Sorry not sorry, but I hated how smug they were at that council meeting. I think we (meaning women) were supposed to be all "Yaaaassss girl!" during that scene but I thought it made the witches seem insecure and intimidated more than anything else.

• Love 9

I agree this was the best episode so far this season. 

It was fun to see Mr. March again. I can’t wait to see what happened to the Warlocks and their students, I’m guessing they met their demise before the bomb. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, KatsaKriid said:

I love how no one bothered to explain Myrtle Snow's reappearance. When you're that fabulous, you need no exposition. 

I do! I need lots! She was burned at the stake! I suppose Cordelia probably brought her back though.

That was one fun episode! Loved seeing March again in all his campy glory. Thrilled that Queenie was saved. That Michael has bad mojo. Did not enjoy watching the detective get all disjointed. That kind of imagery freaks me out.

• Love 3

I admit, I definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last few, in part because we finally get some backstory on what the hell is going on.

At the same time... We're going boys versus girls again and it's hard to not have some sympathy for the boys when Cordelia flings a common bitch used to hold women down - men can't do magic due to their hormones.

I did notice Mallory, Coco and whatever Adina Porter's character is named in the girl class and I get that I am being picky but the girl witch school started taking all comers in 2014 nd Coco (and Adina Porter) sure as hell aren't young girls.

I don't see why Madison was trapped in her personal hell. I thought that was only for people who made deals with Papa Legba and people who failed the 7 wonders, not idiots who get murdered after being shitty. 

Also, is "hellmouth" really a not Buffy the Vampire thing?

I appreciated the lack of Hogwarts jokes.

• Love 6

I think Coco and Dinah were also in the Mallory scene?  Coco at the end of the table and Dinah next to Mallory?

Nope, neither were there. The others at the table were just random extras.

I hope this puts an end to all the speculation about the witches being possessed by other witches, I found all of that too overwhelming. 

I now see the attraction to Cody Fern, minus the ridiculous doll hair wig and strange outfits. 

I'm trying to figure out how Cordelia expected to "save" Queenie, because up until now, it was established that she could resurrect the dead, but did so with their physical bodies. But Queenie was just a ghost. Was she simply trying to help her spirit escape from Hotel Cortez? Or did she plan to find her body somehow? Yet, Michael rescued both Queenie's spirit and Madison's spirit from Hell. Did he make them corporeal too? 

I'm dying to know what happened to Constance and how Michael wound up with Kathy Bates. Maybe Michael killed Constance?

• Love 3

So I do need to have to watched all of the other American Horror Stories to understand what’s going on and in this alleged self contained season? It’s shit like this that makes me want Elizabeth Jennings to swoop in from The Americans, and murder all of these “yass queen” characters.

Hey, Crystal Whelan, make it happen!

• Love 3

As someone who has watched all the other seasons, I like the callbacks but I can the respect the frustration surrounding Queenie and how her thirty second amusing cameo scene of death in Hotel is now a major plot point.

I'd at least watch Coven if you haven't. 

I just wonder if anyone, especially Michael Langdon hehehe, ever read Son of Rosemary, by Ira Levin?

• Love 6

I laughed with the "grace" Michael said before eating dinner.  Nice way of reworking the old Catholic standby.  But, I wonder if we will be seeing the flip side to the son of Lucifer, a fallen angel, and the concept of a Christian hell. 

As much as I wanted to see Liz Taylor in the Hotel Cortez scenes, I believe that my TV would have had an overload of fabulous with Myrtle Snow and Billy Porter's Chablis.

• Love 5

Yes what a great show.  As soon as the BD Wong appeared on my screen - I screamed "WHITE ROSE" (for any of you Mr Robot fans) and knew we were going to be in for a treat.  It only got better!  March!  Queenie!  Myrtle!!!!!    I am finally "getting into" this season....

• Love 5

Loved, loved, loved this episode. At the start, I was reading all the guest actor names and was hoping I wasn't getting excited for nothing. I too thought there'd be a twist, and we'd see Tate in the jail cell only because Fern does look like him with the short hair. Give me all of Mr. March, he was a favorite of mine. I loved all seasons, minus the last 2, and this season is finally doing some justice.

Only in this show will you find yourself rooting for the bad guy. Sorry, Cordelia. I didn't like how you treated the men.

So all this chaos and outposts and stuff were all planned/executed within only 3 years? Wow, don't mess with Michael. 

Billy Fucking Porter. God I want to be his best friend.

And seriously, Ann Rice. We've found your Lestat for your TV series.....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

So I do need to have to watched all of the other American Horror Stories to understand what’s going on and in this alleged self contained season? It’s shit like this that makes me want Elizabeth Jennings to swoop in from The Americans, and murder all of these “yass queen” characters.

I have seen all the other seasons and this is still a clusterfuck that leaves more questions than answers. Watch the first couple seasons to see how great they were compared to this nonsense.

• Love 8

This episode was a real turning point. Finally, a sensical plot! Hallelujer! Loved the interplay between the seasons. They took my favorite parts of Coven (the personal hells, the witch tests) and brought them back. We got to see March again. I did shake my head a couple times when Cordelia tried just walking out with Queenie, Queenie disappeared, and then Cordelia just kept walking her back down and expecting it to work this time. Durp.

Gabourey looks great, too. She has clearly lost a lot of weight and looks quite lovely.

• Love 6

Now THIS was finally a good episode!  Loved it.  Wish the first 3 had been this good.

I'm interested to know how Madison ends up back with the coven, after being rescued by Michael.  And.... love Queenie and her snark!!  Loved the warlocks.

Such a good episode.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Never liked Madison and too much eye rolling form her.  Is that all she can do?

When Michael said he had to get "one more", I got excited thinking it would be Misty Day and was extremely disappointed to see he meant Madison.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, leocadia said:

When Michael said he had to get "one more", I got excited thinking it would be Misty Day and was extremely disappointed to see he meant Madison.

I'm still holding out hope that Cordelia says "I'll do the 7 Wonders test IF you get Misty back."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WednesdayAddams said:

At the start, I was reading all the guest actor names and was hoping I wasn't getting excited for nothing.

Me too. I was like "BD Wong? Billy Porter?!" I would have been so mad if they'd been misused.

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

This episode was a real turning point. Finally, a sensical plot! Hallelujer! Loved the interplay between the seasons. They took my favorite parts of Coven (the personal hells, the witch tests) and brought them back. We got to see March again. I did shake my head a couple times when Cordelia tried just walking out with Queenie, Queenie disappeared, and then Cordelia just kept walking her back down and expecting it to work this time. Durp.

Gabourey looks great, too. She has clearly lost a lot of weight and looks quite lovely.

Gabourey does look good. She looks better on Empire, I think - her hair is better - but overall she looks good. And I would have liked to see Cordelia do some of the spells and incantations she mentioned, rather than them just walking around. Seeing all her tricks fail could have been good TV, particularly since she apparently brought out the big guns to try to get Queenie free. 

• Love 1

Queenie's little wave during the shit just got real scene was cute.

The little we got of the Langdon-Meade found family was nice. So naturally I'm awaiting the reveal that one of them betrayed the other.

Pre-amnesia Mallory seemed to have more life to her. Hopefully that continues, though I hope they're not foreshadowing her as the next Supreme 'cause I really doubt she can fill Cordelia's shoes.

Also: Cheyenne Jackson. Yum.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Probably season 3.  Maybe season one,  all you need to know in season 5 is queenie was murdered and her spirit got trapped in the hotel. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Pose and ACS: Versace in the house.

So once again goups with power -male or female- are shown to be bossy bullies. The witches were veering a little too close to condescension toward the men. I get it, men historically are trash but still to pile on the dismissive insults and belittle a group and remind them how powerless they are constantly tell them they're inferior biologically and insult everything about them? Don't be shocked when they push back in a big catastrophic way. Cordelia, they tried talking. For you to 'know better' and dress up 'I'm not killing a young man so you little boys can try to make yourselves feel better' in condescending maternalistic sneering only leads to bad things. Take Michelle Obama's lead and take the high road with the warlocks. Why bother with a council if you don't respect the people who form it?  Classy and smart people don't flaunt their power and belittle the people under them, even if you don't like them, try to respect them.

I know what you're saying, but this was really what men tend to do to women all the time. When one woman screws up politically, for example, you'll see headlines that she's ruined it for women everywhere, for all eternity now. Whereas men have always been in charge, and aren't said to have screwed things up for men everywhere, when they make a mistake. 

I'm still watching, so can't comment on the rest of it. Loved Myrtle, and her little comments. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I'm still holding out hope that Cordelia says "I'll do the 7 Wonders test IF you get Misty back."

Damn, the man brought back not one but two dead witches that even Miss Cordelia Supreme couldn't pull off and he still has to prove himself bringing back one more? LOL. I mean I know he's evil and I love Misty to death but Michael can easily push back and say 'Let's do the 7 Wonders test first - not that I need to show I'm at Supreme level because say hi to Queenie and Madison! - and then I'll bring Misty back.'

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DFWGina said:

Yes what a great show.  As soon as the BD Wong appeared on my screen - I screamed "WHITE ROSE" (for any of you Mr Robot fans) and knew we were going to be in for a treat.  It only got better!  March!  Queenie!  Myrtle!!!!!    I am finally "getting into" this season....

I thought that was him/her. I'm having Mr Robot withdrawals. Can't believe we have to wait until next year. 

• Love 1