Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

zoey1996
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

When I was a teenager, I didn't know a single 16-year-old who played with toys like that and who would've made such a dick move. And I knew a lot of immature 16 year olds. 

I'm really hoping that they made that "Adam steals dads stamps" storyline up for the show, and that it wasn't taken from real life.

As for the toys, yeah he does seem to be kind of old to be playing with them.  But to be fair, he seems to using them mainly in his experiments with making films, which is his true interest.  I have to admit I've bought a few toys as an adult, mainly for collection purposes, I didn't play with them.  Shoot, I'd still like to have a mint set of Zeroids or a fully intact and functioning Marx Big Loo (that I had when I was three) - I'd be rich if I decided to sell them, but I do believe I would keep them. 

Where do you draw the line on what's appropriate "play" anyway?  A lot of older guys run model railroads, pretty much for the same reason Murray collected stamps - because they remind them of their childhood.  Toy trains used to be a very common Christmas gift for a certain generation.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I was FURIOUS when whatserface's roommate put that bumper sticker on the mail box. 

I couldn't get over how many mailboxes there were. And around here,  if putting a sticker on a mailbox (assuming you could find one) was a federal offense, the prisons would be full!

I feel like part of the problem with Adam's immaturity might be the fact that by the time the real Adam Goldberg was in high school, it was the 90s.  Thus, they can't use any stories from his actual time in high school to inspire plotlines because they wouldn't fit in the 80s setting of the show, so they just keep recycling stuff from his later elementary/middle school days.

I'm still fond of this show but it's really just treading water at this point.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I was FURIOUS when whatserface's roommate put that bumper sticker on the mail box.  I'm like "that's a federal offense right there lady". 

The kids really do all act terribly entitled, don't they?  And it's really not just the kids.  Look at that episode from last season when they all ate at the restaurant (easily the best episode IMO).  I've never seen anyone act like such a collection of horses' behinds.  And it was clear they all felt entitled to act that way just for walking in the door.

29 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm still fond of this show but it's really just treading water at this point.  

I like this show, but it's always been in the middle ground of sitcoms for me.  Top level would be like Big Bang Theory and The Middle (no longer on unfortunately), middle level would be like The Goldbergs and Fresh off the Boat.  Lower level I won't bother to watch.  Some are supposed to be great but I can't get into (Modern Family).

• Love 5

The whole stamp thing was silly and unrealistic, first if the stamps are old they are likely to have been cancelled and if they were not cancelled they would have been of low  face value.

First class postage in 1965 for example was 5 cents and 20 cents in 1985 so he would have needed 4  1960's uncanceled  stamps to mail a single letter. Also many of the stamps were likely  foreign stamps since a Snoopy and Rock Hudson stamp  were mentioned and many third world countries use to print these for sale in US.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jww said:

The whole stamp thing was silly and unrealistic, first if the stamps are old they are likely to have been cancelled and if they were not cancelled they would have been of low  face value.

First class postage in 1965 for example was 5 cents and 20 cents in 1985 so he would have needed 4  1960's uncanceled  stamps to mail a single letter. Also many of the stamps were likely  foreign stamps since a Snoopy and Rock Hudson stamp  were mentioned and many third world countries use to print these for sale in US.

That's what made it even dumber. I mean, those stamps wouldn't have mailed out one letter, not to mention 600. That is not only suspension of belief, but even Adam knows better when he says how much he have to pay for stamps to get just 3 letters out. So, the show make it really stupid right there when the character even admitted the price of postage. Murry's stamp collection at the best would have gotten 20 letters mailed out. Not 600.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, jww said:

You are completely correct in your criticism, hopefully this means the real Adam didn't do such a heinous thing.

But to play devil's advocate, Murray did say he worked at the post office, so maybe he got them new there instead of getting cancelled ones.

• Love 3

Adam won the award for "biggest jerk" this week. I cant believe he used his dads stamp collection to send off for a stupid contest! His toy obsession really is getting a little weird, as Adam is an older teen at this point. Its fine that he wants to collect toys and make his films with them, but obsessing with the Toys R Us stuff just seems weird at this point, especially as it lead to throwing out his dads collection.

If I never hear Erica sing again, I would be fine with that. 

I did laugh at Adams growing horror at just how bad this was. "Oh no, this was a beloved childhood memory!"  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, rmontro said:

As for the toys, yeah he does seem to be kind of old to be playing with them.  But to be fair, he seems to using them mainly in his experiments with making films, which is his true interest.

I was thinking about exactly this last night when I couldn't fall asleep. That part at the end of the show where they show the home movies seemed be the recording Show Adam was doing during that scene with the Goldberg Girls in the kitchen. Which is kind of cool (that we saw that he was doing something but not what it was and then it turned out to be a real Adam F. Goldberg reenactment). 

I feel like when something really strange actually happened, the narration and sometimes characters stress THIS REALLY HAPPENED. They didn't do that with the stamp storyline shitshow so I'm guessing it was made up (hopefully by an intern and not an actual comedy writer).

• Love 5

They really missed the boat with stamp collecting as in the mid/late 80's baseball card collecting was the hot craze.  Cards were consider a wise investment appreciating faster than stocks or gold.     Both adults and teenage boys were avid collectors so it would have been an interest Adam could share with his classmates and father. I  do kinda of remember an episode were Adam destroyed Barry's card collection as revenge for Barry damaging his toys.  But,  then the craze died in the 90s and today cards(other than a few rookie cards) from the 80s which were overproduced to meet the demand are worthless and often are destined for the recycling bin.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, jww said:

They really missed the boat with stamp collecting as in the mid/late 80's baseball card collecting was the hot craze.  Cards were consider a wise investment appreciating faster than stocks or gold.

They didn’t miss the boat because Adam was telling the story of his father and his father collected stamps not baseball cards.

• Love 6

I just couldn't with Erica and Lainey arguing over who the Freddie Mercury of their shitty little band was. Newsflash, morons! Neither of you is fit to be the Freddie of Freddie and the Dreamers, let alone the Freddie Mercury. It really didn't help that, when singing Bohemian Rhapody, Lainey kept making a face like she was on the crapper the morning after eating some especially spicy enchiladas. 

Of course I'd gladly declare either of them the next Freddie Mercury if it meant the end of Big Tasty. How dare he sully Bohemian Rhapsody with his weak ass rhymes?!

But Adam is still the worst. Although as infuriating as his using Murray's stamp collection as postage was, I can't say I'm surprised. He did something similar a few seasons ago when he destroyed Barry's baseball card collection. Although, in fairness, that was in retaliation to some jerkass thing Barry did. But I still find it unbelievable that Barry didn;t give him the thrashing of a lifetime over it. They should have been finding pieces of nerd all over Jenkintown for months. 

And now this business with Murray's stamps? I really don't know how the little moron has made it to 16.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, reggiejax said:

I just couldn't with Erica and Lainey arguing over who the Freddie Mercury of their shitty little band was. Newsflash, morons! Neither of you is fit to be the Freddie of Freddie and the Dreamers, let alone the Freddie Mercury. It really didn't help that, when singing Bohemian Rhapody, Lainey kept making a face like she was on the crapper the morning after eating some especially spicy enchiladas. 

Of course I'd gladly declare either of them the next Freddie Mercury if it meant the end of Big Tasty. How dare he sully Bohemian Rhapsody with his weak ass rhymes?!

But Adam is still the worst. Although as infuriating as his using Murray's stamp collection as postage was, I can't say I'm surprised. He did something similar a few seasons ago when he destroyed Barry's baseball card collection. Although, in fairness, that was in retaliation to some jerkass thing Barry did. But I still find it unbelievable that Barry didn;t give him the thrashing of a lifetime over it. They should have been finding pieces of nerd all over Jenkintown for months. 

And now this business with Murray's stamps? I really don't know how the little moron has made it to 16.

Even Beverly's friends had every right to be concerned about Adam. I mean, toys at age 16? Sounds strange. I can't blame them for being uncomfortable. I know everything is a lesson in this series, but that was one lesson that should put the blame solely on Adam only. No one else. He should not have gotten off easily.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I feel like the real Adam paid a zillion dollars for the rights to Bohemian and he was going to get his money’s worth by playing it what felt like eleventy-seven times.

Maybe he got it cheap because it could be considered publicity for the Bohemian Rhapsody movie that's out right now.  The timing of the airing of this episode couldn't be a coincidence.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Maybe he got it cheap because it could be considered publicity for the Bohemian Rhapsody movie that's out right now.  The timing of the airing of this episode couldn't be a coincidence.

The timing is no coincidence, especially when you factor in the fact that Bohemian Rhapsody (the movie) was produced by Fox, which is soon to be the property of Disney (which owns ABC).

Though I don't think either Fox or Disney would control the licensing costs of Queen's music. That would be whoever owns the rights, which I do believe are owned by the band. 

On the other hand, I get the feeling using Queen's music isn't cost prohibitive. Their music is quite ubiquitous in films, tv and advertising. They are certainly not like Led Zepplin, who rarely allow their music to be licensed, and demand a pretty penny when they do. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, reggiejax said:

On the other hand, I get the feeling using Queen's music isn't cost prohibitive. Their music is quite ubiquitous in films, tv and advertising. They are certainly not like Led Zepplin, who rarely allow their music to be licensed, and demand a pretty penny when they do. 

Very true, Led Zepplin is very expensive to use. There is a brief moment in Clerks I where it is used and Kevin Smith went on record of saying how much the music was what really maxed out everyone's credit cards and budget for the original Clerks movie. Even saying: "I can't believe just 1 minute of Led Zepplin music killed two cards!" 

• Love 2
On 11/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, reggiejax said:

Though I don't think either Fox or Disney would control the licensing costs of Queen's music. That would be whoever owns the rights, which I do believe are owned by the band. 

They could probably write off the use of the song as being part of the advertising budget though.  I'm not sure how licensing works, but maybe when they bought the rights to use it in the film they also bought the rights to use it in advertising. 

• Love 1
On 11/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, Robert Lynch said:

Even Beverly's friends had every right to be concerned about Adam. I mean, toys at age 16? Sounds strange. I can't blame them for being uncomfortable. I know everything is a lesson in this series, but that was one lesson that should put the blame solely on Adam only. No one else. He should not have gotten off easily.

I don't think playing with toys at age 16 is all that weird...although I went to a nerd college filled with people with much stranger habits than that. Who's to say that playing with toys is any less immature than an adult that has stuffed animals or plays video games? At 30 years old, I still have and occasionally play with legos. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Anyway, the stamp collection was a jerk thing to do but I'm sure it was just made up for the show. Murray's reaction was priceless when he tried to break stretch Armstrong or the wall crawling things. "You're just playing with those as intended."

I'm also tired of Erica singing in every episode. I much prefer the days of corny music videos by Big Tasty and Adam, like the New Kids shot by shot video. Bohemian rhapsody not so much because I really love that song and Queen...but I did laugh at the first few lines. 

• Love 7

This kid doesn't know the glory in peaches. 

2 weird moments of back scratching.

Snotty Erica being snotty.

I wanna rock your body? INSYNC?

Erica wanting to be boss.

JOHN CALABASAS. Alays good to see him.

Erica bragging.

Why John? Fueling her fire of ego.

Baby Adam. Being a baby.

Yenta-vention for Adam being insane. Not new. Sad just sad.

Murray thinking it's 6 years ago.

Stamps.

Sampy Stampy stamp.

Snoopy! Silly puppy.

Erica being douchey. To friends (to be specific).

Capitalizing on the new freddy Mercury movie.

TOY TIME.

Stamps.

Pops stealing peaches. Good for him.

Bad pops.

Stupid son of a Adam.

Douche of the Erica.

Managers find gigs?

JOHN CALABASAS.

No no no no no no no.

not Erica.

Uncreaseed stamps.

Postage.

Accedintaly playing with toys.

Rap city. 

No private parts yo! I. An ?. Murderous feet.

An cut this will be a great episode.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SAM RULEZ GET OVER said:

This kid doesn't know the glory in peaches. 

2 weird moments of back scratching.

Snotty Erica being snotty.

I wanna rock your body? INSYNC?

Erica wanting to be boss.

JOHN CALABASAS. Alays good to see him.

Erica bragging.

Why John? Fueling her fire of ego.

Baby Adam. Being a baby.

Yenta-vention for Adam being insane. Not new. Sad just sad.

Murray thinking it's 6 years ago.

Stamps.

Sampy Stampy stamp.

Snoopy! Silly puppy.

Erica being douchey. To friends (to be specific).

Capitalizing on the new freddy Mercury movie.

TOY TIME.

Stamps.

Pops stealing peaches. Good for him.

Bad pops.

Stupid son of a Adam.

Douche of the Erica.

Managers find gigs?

JOHN CALABASAS.

No no no no no no no.

not Erica.

Uncreaseed stamps.

Postage.

Accedintaly playing with toys.

Rap city. 

No private parts yo! I. An ?. Murderous feet.

An cut this will be a great episode.

I believe you have adequately summed up the entire episode. There WERE some good,funny moments but Adam's douchebaggery combined with some of the Erica nonsense was just overpowering. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Tvshipper said:

I don't think playing with toys at age 16 is all that weird...although I went to a nerd college filled with people with much stranger habits than that. Who's to say that playing with toys is any less immature than an adult that has stuffed animals or plays video games? At 30 years old, I still have and occasionally play with legos. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Anyway, the stamp collection was a jerk thing to do but I'm sure it was just made up for the show. Murray's reaction was priceless when he tried to break stretch Armstrong or the wall crawling things. "You're just playing with those as intended."

I'm also tired of Erica singing in every episode. I much prefer the days of corny music videos by Big Tasty and Adam, like the New Kids shot by shot video. Bohemian rhapsody not so much because I really love that song and Queen...but I did laugh at the first few lines. 

There is a Lego Land in Atlanta that actually has an Adult Lego Day, where kids are not allowed. Adult Lego day sounds kind of dirty, but I think it is more acceptable for adults to be interested in what was considered childish things today compared to back than. Heck, the Sucklord is a respected artist because he understands that type of nostalgia. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2018 at 12:47 PM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Erica is the absolute worst. Cannot stand that character. I wonder if the actress ever thinks "This is awful. I know I'm acting, but this just sucks and is not funny."

Hayley  Orrantia may think this is her vehicle to musical stardom. I, for one was hoping Erica would quit singing, join the real world and go in a better direction. Erica is a loser at this point. If they make her successful now they would  show how shallow stardom is. Maybe the writers need filler due to their lack of ideas but I could do without the musicals.

• Love 2

I don’t always remember to watch, which makes me sad for when I liked it. Erica’s awful, middle-aged roommate and the constant on-screen singing were the beginning. We get it already: Hayley wants to sing professionally and the show wrote it into the storyline. Barry, JTown’s oldest high school senior, is engaged to one of the other college dropouts. Adam has a rando girlfriend who makes no sense for him other than as a foil for his multiple Ro-buts. I’m sorry but Bev clearly failed as a mother. Her kids aren’t even decent people (in the show, lol. I’m not confusing the characters with the people.)

At this point, make the kids guest stars. They run in, beg for money since they don’t have jobs, and storm out when denied. Bring back Vic. Hire Nitro as a delivery person. (Show me your boobs.) Wacky hijinks down at the discount furniture store ensue. And —this can never be said often or forcefully enough — more PopPop.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:56 PM, reggiejax said:

He did something similar a few seasons ago when he destroyed Barry's baseball card collection. Although, in fairness, that was in retaliation to some jerkass thing Barry did. But I still find it unbelievable that Barry didn;t give him the thrashing of a lifetime over it. They should have been finding pieces of nerd all over Jenkintown for months. 

But Barry was calmed by the fall of the Berlin Wall which happened just as Barry was set to destroy Adam. The same Berlin wall that also fell in this episode.

Barry realizes that as a future doctor, he should be more concerned about Murray’s health, so he enlists the Jenkintown Posse and Coach Mellor to help get his father in shape. Meanwhile, Beverly is horrified to learn that Erica and Adam don’t want any of the priceless heirlooms in her fancy, never-really-used living room.

Original Airdate: November 28, 2018

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Have we EVER seen the living room before?

No. I was shocked to see that this room existed, but to know that the bordello couch was real? Oy. 

This episode hit home with both storylines. My MIL thinks that we want all her “treasures.”  When Bev started guilting the kids, I was yelling “stay strong” at the tv. And Barry’s concern for Murray’s health was touching. I loved this episode. 

• Love 21

Matt encouraging Barry while the rest of the JTP recoiled in border was fantastic. I hope Barry ultimately acknowledges the positive influence Matt has on him as a person. I appreciated the earnest talk coming in the second act instead of just the third, like usual.

Murray "breaking" Mellor was fantastic too. Damn, he's sly.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

No. I was shocked to see that this room existed, but to know that the bordello couch was real? Oy. 

This episode hit home with both storylines. My MIL thinks that we want all her “treasures.”  When Bev started guilting the kids, I was yelling “stay strong” at the tv. And Barry’s concern for Murray’s health was touching. I loved this episode. 

My MIL is the same, she keeps thinking all her kids and grandkids wants her stuff, and we rather have it burn to the ground. She tries guilting everyone and it worked maybe 8 years ago. Now its: "Throw the crap out, mom!"

• Love 8

I think I'm over this show. Every episode has become the same: a kid(s) being a complete jerk to one or both parents, hurting the mom's feelings and Bev forgiving at the end. Throw in Erica's subpar singing and that is the show every single week. I feel like this has been going on for the last two seasons, at least.  At this point, the only part I look forward to is seeing the original footage at the end.

• Love 10

Every time they cut to those creepy owls and made that screech sound, I cracked up. They remind me of this creepy stuffed eagle killing a stuffed squirrel that was at my moms work for years when I was a kid. One of her co-workers bought it, and just loved it so much he wanted to show it at work, and no one had the heart to tell him it was terrifying. I feel like that story about Beverly pretending to be a science teacher to get her ugly owls home from London is totally true. 

That couch really was...something. Loved seeing the real one, with real Beverly still trying to sell it! Weird that we have never seen the living room before, but it totally seems like something Beverly would do. My dad is the collector in my family, he has a freaking mountain of random crap that my sister and I can look forward to getting one day. So great. 

The Murray story was good too. Murray, you sly devil you. And Barry actually trying to be honest was sweet, despite the JTP screaming for him to stop. Except for Matt Bradley, the poor, often overlooked, voice of logic. Matt Bradley is the best thing thats happened to you in years, Barry!

• Love 17

My mother collects Precious Moments figurines. She has so many. She is convinced that we will want them when she dies. So Bev's attitude rang true for me. My kids are lucky in the sense that I am poor and everything I own is from Ikea and they do not have to take any of it. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EdnasEdibles said:

My mother collects Precious Moments figurines. She has so many. She is convinced that we will want them when she dies. So Bev's attitude rang true for me. My kids are lucky in the sense that I am poor and everything I own is from Ikea and they do not have to take any of it. 

Fortunately my mother already knows how creepy I find her collection of dolls.

• Love 6

Yay! No more Erica singing.

Funny enough is that my mom's items she refuses to give up are Christmas decorations she had when we were kids. It seems like Christmas grows each year when she doesn't give away one item that is Christmas or her mother's furniture. Understandable. 

Always great to see Jonathan Schmock as the auctioneer in this episode.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

I was yelling “stay strong” at the tv. And Barry’s concern for Murray’s health was touching. I loved this episode. 

Agreed.  I don't have much to add, but I thought this was one of the better episodes.

I did like Barry's concern for Murray, but it is really stretching credibility that this character (Barry) is going to become a doctor (let alone a good one).  He calls triglycerides "tetracyclops".

Another thing that seemed like a contradiction:  Bev didn't trust the kids to step foot in the living room, but wanted them to go in there and put stickers on the furniture they wanted.

• Love 10

So was the real Adam sobbing when he watched this back with the parts with Barry’s concern with Murray’s ability to grow old?  Just me?  Ok.

I don’t have time for more TV but dammit I am interested in Schooled.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

So was the real Adam sobbing when he watched this back with the parts with Barry’s concern with Murray’s ability to grow old?  Just me?  Ok.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that.  It's never occurred to me before that Murray has passed away (in 2008).  That does put the episode in a more poignant light.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I don’t have time for more TV but dammit I am interested in Schooled.

Of all the shows on TV, I hadn't considered the Goldbergs for a spinoff.  But I will give it a chance.  Does this have any effect on Barry and Laney getting married?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Funny enough is that my mom's items she refuses to give up are Christmas decorations she had when we were kids. It seems like Christmas grows each year when she doesn't give away one item that is Christmas or her mother's furniture.

I'm like that. There is 50 year old tinsel wrapped around the door in my living room right now. It used to belong to my great grandparents. And little baubles made of foil cones that were theirs on my tree. Also on my tree I have threadbare, formerly flocked, plastic Santa bears and wooden geese that used to belong to my paternal grandparents. I've been collecting my own decorations since I was a kid in the 80s and they have moved with me and are all in my house now. I would like it if my son or any kids he has want them one day. I love them because they remind me of the wonderful Christmases I had with my relatives, so if my descendants want them it'll mean they had wonderful Christmases with me.

I guess that's part of the thing with Beverley's furniture. People get attached to the emotion of objects (as she was). But if her kids were never allowed in her room of prized possessions, how could they possibly ever want them. They're meaningless to them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that.  It's never occurred to me before that Murray has passed away (in 2008).  That does put the episode in a more poignant light.

Of all the shows on TV, I hadn't considered the Goldbergs for a spinoff.  But I will give it a chance.  Does this have any effect on Barry and Laney getting married?

I don't think so because there appears to be cute guy in her scenes which screams potential love interest.

Any episode that has JTP in it, is always a win for me. Poor Matt's horrified reaction by the others unhealthy relationships with their fathers.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6

This episode reminded me of all the Hummel figurines we've inherited that are currently gathering dust. I'll give them a pass on the living room because fighting by hurling taxidermy owls is funny. And yes, every plot is some variation of "parent/kid hurts parent/kid's feelings, feels like a dick (complete with that one shot every goddamn episode pre-apology scene where the Jerk of the Episode looks crestfallen after a cutting one-liner from Hurt Character), then apologizes. But as someone who's probably only watched since S4...was it ever not like that?

I'm so confused by the Schooled timeline. Is it supposed to be set early/mid 90s? Because Laney would have to stop being a dropout and do 4 years of college. I like Laney, but is she really important or popular enough for a spinoff? Has she ever expressed interest in teaching? It just seems like a really cheap way to squeeze a show out of recycling the school set and giving the teacher cast an extra check. Plus it seems likely that the Goldbergs and Barry won't be included, which is awkward with the engagement. But, her new love interest is apparently Brett Dier (Micheal from Jane The Virgin), who is an astronomical step up from Barry. Strange that they would even bother with the engagement after their dramatic final breakup only to turn around and write it off for the spinoff.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

This episode reminded me of all the Hummel figurines we've inherited that are currently gathering dust. I'll give them a pass on the living room because fighting by hurling taxidermy owls is funny. And yes, every plot is some variation of "parent/kid hurts parent/kid's feelings, feels like a dick (complete with that one shot every goddamn episode pre-apology scene where the Jerk of the Episode looks crestfallen after a cutting one-liner from Hurt Character), then apologizes. But as someone who's probably only watched since S4...was it ever not like that?

I'm so confused by the Schooled timeline. Is it supposed to be set early/mid 90s? Because Laney would have to stop being a dropout and do 4 years of college. I like Laney, but is she really important or popular enough for a spinoff? Has she ever expressed interest in teaching? It just seems like a really cheap way to squeeze a show out of recycling the school set and giving the teacher cast an extra check. Plus it seems likely that the Goldbergs and Barry won't be included, which is awkward with the engagement. But, her new love interest is apparently Brett Dier (Micheal from Jane The Virgin), who is an astronomical step up from Barry. Strange that they would even bother with the engagement after their dramatic final breakup only to turn around and write it off for the spinoff.

The thing to remember is that ultimately, The Goldbergs is based off of true stories. Real life Barry doesn't marry Lainey, so he won't in the show. For the same reason, Jackie hasn't been written off because real Jackie was Adam's real life long term girlfriend. Anyway, I was just glad there was no singing.

I have so many hummels and so much furniture with my name on it that it isn't even funny. I have no idea what I will do with all of that stuff when the time comes! Every time I visit, family tries to pawn off old sweaters on me that are older than I am! No! I don't want your crap! 

Also, I love Matt Bradley.

Edited by Tvshipper
  • Love 6
On 11/30/2018 at 1:35 PM, Tvshipper said:

The thing to remember is that ultimately, The Goldbergs is based off of true stories. Real life Barry doesn't marry Lainey, so he won't in the show.

Okay, I didn't know what happened with Barry, so that's good to know.  Too bad in a way, because I've enjoyed their getting back together.

I can see five years from now, I might be watching Schooled, Young Sheldon, and whatever they call Sue's spinoff from The Middle.  All spinoffs of sitcoms that I like. 

• Love 3