Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Seeing Red

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait, what? The Aldi supermarket has wine? Really?

Unfortunately here in Baltimore we do not have beer and wine in our markets or Costco's.  That makes me sad.

Whaaaaatt?  Do you have any liquor at your Costco?  Word on street is that their Kirkland brand of vodka is Grey Goose for $19 and Absolut for $12.  Big huge party size bottles too.  Worth the cost of membership right there.  

And yes, the Aldi supermarkets has a cute little wine section.  

17 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm sure she does. That's the big secret among the rich. They like to give the appearance that they actually are with their kids 24/7 with no help when in fact, they have a staff to take care of them. Does anyone honestly think that Emily doesn't have at least one nanny? Not buying it. 

Frederic on Million Dollar listing doesn't hide it at all, he and his husband are moving to a bigger home, and he rattled off the bedrooms he needs.  two babies, two nannies, family visiting.  LOL  It was refreshing to see someone admit it.  

• Love 6

I want Kelly as my new best friend!  I think her snark is hysterical, and she really seems like a ride or die friend...  I'd rather have a friend that's upfront about things vs a friend that talks behind my back...Hence, Tamara and Vicky.

• Love 8
On 9/11/2018 at 10:14 AM, Lizzing said:

I wonder just how much Aldi is paying to have their white wine promo'd on the show.  It was kinda amusing for Tamra to pull a face and ask if it was any good though.

I know Gina's the one getting a divorce, but it looks like Emily is more on that train at this point in the season than Gina.  Shane is reminding me so much of Simon.

I can see it now - Shane Google chats Emily - hey you want to get divorced?

• Love 20
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I really didn't see a big deal with how her kids acted. Maybe I'm the only one not raising perfect Stepford children, but my kids can be naughty. These kids are being filmed. Bravo may have even made them delay the meal until Vicki got there. Their dad isn't around; Mom clearly has stress over the issue. This is not an ideal situation, so I'm not surprised if they act up a bit. But they, honestly, look like normal little kids to me. Maybe my expectations are too low?

Agree!  My kids are sometimes great and sometimes terrible - aren't all kids like that?  When my kids realize that we are in public, or around other people, they realize that they can get away with murder because I don't want to embarrass myself and start yelling... they take advantage.  I am sure that is why her kids were acting that way, and showing off.  I get so upset when they act like that!  I could tell she was frazzled and annoyed.  But with kids, you can continue to teach them to behave and that is about it.  They get it eventually.

16 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I had to have a look around to see what Gina’s husband Matt looks like, since Vicki picked up that photo frame guessing it was him..... found this:

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/matthew-kirschenheiter-and-gina-kirschenheiter/

He's kind of hot.  

16 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Not just you... I've always been kind of ambivalent in regards to Eddie, but after hearing him saying what he did about Shannon, I thought he was pretty much a dick.   Then I remembered he married Tamara.  And forgave Vicki for spreading rumors about him.  The man really doesn't have a clue. 

I don't like Eddie, I never have.  He is not very smart, and he is an ass.  He is not good looking at all.  I remember when he first came on the show and Tamra said he "owned a law firm," then later she said it was his adopted dad's law firm.  I always thought that was shady, although I am sure that was more Tamra pushing to make it seem like he had money.

12 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I have no problem with the use of scooters, and I know some circumstances make it the best alternative. The doctor said Tamra's break was hard to heal, so not putting any weight on it while it mends makes total sense. He said she may have to have surgery if it doesn't have a chance to heal .  Shannon said her ankle would probably be better in an hour. She admitted it wasn't a serious injury, that it was more of a sprain. 

ETA: I doubt insurance would pay for a scooter for a sprained ankle, unless the doc used "the correct" diagnosis code to have it covered.

Those scooters are not very expensive, I have one in my garage - someone is always spraining an ankle.  It's not like she bought a handicapped-equipped van!

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Whaaaaatt?  Do you have any liquor at your Costco?  Word on street is that their Kirkland brand of vodka is Grey Goose for $19 and Absolut for $12.  Big huge party size bottles too.  Worth the cost of membership right there.  

Frederic on Million Dollar listing doesn't hide it at all, he and his husband are moving to a bigger home, and he rattled off the bedrooms he needs.  two babies, two nannies, family visiting.  LOL  It was refreshing to see someone admit it.  

Nope. No alcohol in the Costcos in Maryland. I hear they have some really good wines too. (grumble, grumble)

We do, however, have a lovely adult beverage store the size of a grocery store. I've been spending a lot of time in the Italian wine aisle and the Pinot Noir aisle, lately. I'm pretty sure the cashiers recognize me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yes, Costco in FL has liquor, beer and wine. The Kirkland wines are really good. 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2018 at 10:12 AM, Giselle said:

Scam Vicki has turned into  Dullsville Stepford Wife Vicki and Steve isn't an improvement from Brooks. He's a lying, scaming, retired bad cop. If he shoots his mouth off to the dress Kelly has every right to confront him commenting to the media. The asshole can't even stand up to questioning because he knows he was wrong. Scumbag!

Steve brought better teeth to the table.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did Emily imply that her son got Pink Eye from sticking his face in her ass?

Yep!  Such a lovely suggestion.  Oops... You beat me to it @ivygirl

3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Madame Chairwoman Diva Queeness... Southern California Costco has alcohol and the Kirkland vodka is absolut(ely) very good. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Yep!  Such a lovely suggestion.  Oops... You beat me to it @ivygirl

Madame Chairwoman Diva Queeness... Southern California Costco has alcohol and the Kirkland vodka is absolut(ely) very good. 

OMG, my day keeps getting better and better.  Me and the besties refer to the more expensive bottle as "red bottom" as in "hey guys, I got a fresh bottle of red bottom, come over Saturday and lets kill it"  

• Love 4

Just a couple of thoughts on this episode...Eddie: Having AFib myself, I just have a real problem with someone who won't take life saving medication to prevent a blood clot or other medications that help this condition. It's almost as if he has a death wish...or he's too macho for medication. And he's a college graduate? Also, Eddie seems very belligerent and hostile towards Tamra this season...hmmm...maybe he's fed up with her and her immaturity and nasty personality.

Tamra: I thought her vulgar and crude references to Vicki about her sex life with Steve was disgusting. I'm no prude but that was so low class and gross I'm surprised Bravo aired it. And she wonders why her daughter wants nothing to do with her.

Shannon: I don't understand why this divorce is dragging her down so much...she should feel liberated from that jerk. Move on...get a therapist and quit bothering your friends with all this emotional baggage. 

Vicki: Why the hell are you so obsessed with getting married again??? You've failed twice and your last relationship was a disaster. Keep hounding this guy about it and he will bolt...duh.

Kelly: Drinking is her worst enemy...whenever she drinks too much she is confrontational, angry and basically a bully. We've seen this time and time again. She has a drinking problem and needs to get some help...she and Shannon need therapy to get out of these ruts that destroy friendships and cause them personal problems.

Gina: She should never have agreed to live separately from her husband. What's the point of being married if you don't live together. Wonder if hubby has been cheating on her all this while...guess we'll get the details of this marital mess in due time. Her kids need their father in their lives to provide stability and boundaries. Gina's worn out.

Shane: I don't care for him but I did feel for him when Kelly was drunk shaming him and cursing at him...WTF??? Yes, he's not a likable guy but what did he do exactly to Kelly? Did I miss something? 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Gina: She should never have agreed to live separately from her husband. What's the point of being married if you don't live together. Wonder if hubby has been cheating on her all this while...guess we'll get the details of this marital mess in due time. Her kids need their father in their lives to provide stability and boundaries. Gina's worn out.

I seriously don't understand that whole situation. Either they were on the verge of separating when she got on the show, or had already separated, but she thought maybe it might affect her casting. Or she is just oblivious. I am not a SoCal person but I know the traffic is insane, so I can see perhaps keeping an apartment for overnights in the city. But it seems like he never comes home, even on the weekends. My brother worked in NYC for years and commuted from CT and stayed in the city at least one night a week. But he always came home on the weekends. And people live apart for lots of reasons and it works out for them. But with little kids, that has to be really tough.  

• Love 9
On 9/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, Natalie68 said:

A way onto TV and a chance to win voters but he underestimated her lack of popularity in real life?  He seems like an ass which is appropriate because Vicki is a huge ass.  Tamra needs to quit with all the BJ and other explicit talk.  I have no problem with cursing (can you fucking tell??) its the sexually explicit stuff that just makes her seem cheaper than she is.  She also should eat a tad more fat to soften her face a bit.  She has gone a bit extreme in her health craze.  Shannon has seemed very self involved but from what we have seen in the past she is a good friend.  Tamra needed to speak up sooner.  I understand her irritation with Shannon but talking shit about her was so uncool.  Oh and mom Tamra?  I am not sure I like you.  Maybe go away.

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.  Went a tad overboard with Shane who I agree is a douche.  She just takes it all too far.  Speaking of, calm the eff down Emily!  Shane is a grown man who I

Editors/Producers/Andy/Baby Jesus, please do not film Gina's children or Emily's for that matter.  But really not Gina's ever again.  They are wild and not what I tune in for.  There is not one damn thing entertaining about 3 wild children who cannot sit still and eat without hitting someone in the head/crawling under chairs or tables/etc.  I know this isn't how it HAS to be even though I don't have kids.  I have plenty of friends with kids and spent enough time around them to know they aren't all that um, spirited.  Gina has lost control.  I will be fast forwarding all of her family scenes from here on out.  She also needs to learn how to read people better.  Shane really is not the type to handle a full on Gina well.  She needs to tread a little lighter with him.  

I’m a long time lurker, first time poster. Just had to chime in here. I have 2 young boys (2.5 and 4.5). The older one always sits and eats and is generally well behaved (and always has been).   But, my younger one is a whole different beast. He seriously hates to eat dinner. Rarely will he sit and eat at dinner time. I’ve tried everything to change this. It’s a constant battle that I sometimes don’t have the energy to fight! So, I guess his behavior makes me a bad mother that has lost control.  

I guess my point is, please have a little understanding for Gina and her children. Having kids is freaking hard and it’s really easy to cast judgement (especially if you don’t have kids).  Kids are all freaking different. I was blessed with an easy child and then cursed with a difficult one. It’s so easy to take the praise for the well behaved child and also to feel shame for the “wild child”. When in reality, they were born that way!! I’m working with my younger one to improve his “wild” ways at dinner time, but it is VERY HARD!!!! 

I’m no fan of Vicki, but I’m glad she showed some understanding of Gina and her children. 

• Love 19
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I've heard generations of women in my family say - home is where kids should be a bit naughty and rambunctious. It's their safe place with people they trust.

I've been a mother for 10 years and this just dawned on me a few months back. My kids give me so much grief sometimes! But they're mostly really good in public, at relatives' houses, etc. I whined to my husband, "Why aren't they like that for me?" Then it hit me. I'm their safe place. I'm the one they feel comfortable letting off all their steam around. Kids are people too. They have bad days and bad moods. Gina's kids seem fine, to me. 

21 hours ago, mon berg said:

I love the way Steve handled that scene that is how adults act

By gaslighting other adults and pretending they don't know what they're talking about?

18 hours ago, kira28 said:

Dont like Steve but what he said to page six wasn't that bad. It made sense.

I don't think it was so much WHAT he said, but the fact that he was talking to Page Six at all. 

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did Emily imply that her son got Pink Eye from sticking his face in her ass?

I feel like this same issue was going around some of the nasty Teen Moms. How is a freaking housewife having the same concern with her SON???

• Love 14
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I can see it now - Shane Google chats Emily - hey you want to get divorced?

He should have Google Chatted Gina when he wanted her to leave the house. 

45 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Shane: I don't care for him but I did feel for him when Kelly was drunk shaming him and cursing at him...WTF??? Yes, he's not a likable guy but what did he do exactly to Kelly? Did I miss something? 

He jumped right into the convo as soon as Steve walked away. Kelly was complaining about Steve talking to Page Six about her; Shane said something like, "And he's the first guy who ever talked to press about you?" It came off really condescending to me. It sounded like he was implying several unsavory things about her with that remark. He also called her drunk. Which, okay, she probably was. But he seems to have this real air of superiority about not drinking with people. Half the people at that party were probably freaking drunk. He just acts like an arrogant ass. He has this way of laughing when he talks to you that makes him sound so haughty. Kelly was already on edge by the way Steve totally dismissed her. Shane should have said something like, "I'd rather stay out of this as I know nothing about it" and walked away. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, cpgrad00 said:

I’m a long time lurker, first time poster. Just had to chime in here. I have 2 young boys (2.5 and 4.5). The older one always sits and eats and is generally well behaved (and always has been).   But, my younger one is a whole different beast. He seriously hates to eat dinner. Rarely will he sit and eat at dinner time. I’ve tried everything to change this. It’s a constant battle that I sometimes don’t have the energy to fight! So, I guess his behavior makes me a bad mother that has lost control.  

I guess my point is, please have a little understanding for Gina and her children. Having kids is freaking hard and it’s really easy to cast judgement (especially if you don’t have kids).  Kids are all freaking different. I was blessed with an easy child and then cursed with a difficult one. It’s so easy to take the praise for the well behaved child and also to feel shame for the “wild child”. When in reality, they were born that way!! I’m working with my younger one to improve his “wild” ways at dinner time, but it is VERY HARD!!!! 

I’m no fan of Vicki, but I’m glad she showed some understanding of Gina and her children. 

Us too.  I was told that its "God's way to assure that you have a second child"  You get the perfect little angle first.....and then. comes.  the.  second.  one.  RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

• Love 6

Their interactions with Vicki seemed calm and polite and while I don't doubt that there must be challenges for Gina raising 3 kids by herself, I wouldn't be surprised if they are at least relatively behaved when they are outside of the home.

IIRC, the kids acted okay while at the zoo, but they were way bratty on the drive over.

When Luca hit her in the head, and she said "to your room" , Luca listened, he didn't talk back, he didn't cry, he went to his room.

Yeah, but he was sporting some major ragey face right before the door closed.

Did Shannon actually buy a scooter though? I broke my ankle almost 4 years ago and I was able to get my scooter for free through my insurance and a note from my orthopedic surgeon.

She either bought/already owned it, because she hadn't yet been to the doctor.

Young Eddie's abs, wow.

Those pics, hee! Eddie was serving up some 90s headshot realness.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, jaync said:

Yeah, but he was sporting some major ragey face right before the door closed.

But, I mean, that's normal? He got in trouble, so he was upset. I'd rather see a kid with an angry face after getting in trouble than trying to keep it all inside. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

He should have Google Chatted Gina when he wanted her to leave the house. 

He jumped right into the convo as soon as Steve walked away. Kelly was complaining about Steve talking to Page Six about her; Shane said something like, "And he's the first guy who ever talked to press about you?" It came off really condescending to me. It sounded like he was implying several unsavory things about her with that remark. He also called her drunk. Which, okay, she probably was. But he seems to have this real air of superiority about not drinking with people. Half the people at that party were probably freaking drunk. He just acts like an arrogant ass. He has this way of laughing when he talks to you that makes him sound so haughty. Kelly was already on edge by the way Steve totally dismissed her. Shane should have said something like, "I'd rather stay out of this as I know nothing about it" and walked away. 

Well...he is Mormon. That would explain his distaste for alcohol. Kelly was a drunk bully and would have attacked anyone for any comment that she deemed critical of her...we’ve seen this before, many times. I’m not saying Shane was right in mixing it up with her but one day Kelly is going to verbally attack a guy who will stand up to her and maybe not be such a gentleman or a pushover like her ex. She’s just a sad, middle aged mess...I understand her brother and mother have deserted her also. She needs anger management and should not drink...it brings out the worst in her. Shane just needs to stay off the show.

• Love 5

In the short previews for next week's episode, we see Kelly telling Tamra that Steve is dating Vicki for her money ("Money talks and bullshit walks!). Obviously word of this discussion quickly reaches Vicki's ears (via the Tamra-net no doubt), who we next see standing in a kitchen next to Emily and Tamra and shrieking/bellowing at the top of her lungs "He has money!!! She continues "It's bullshit! Everyone is always after what I have!" Including Steve, no doubt, but in reference to her money only.

We can assume she didn't have to pay to fix this one's teeth. But I suspect male escorts would still be cheaper over the long run and provide love tank servicing for a nominal extra fee.

• Love 5

I have some comments on this episode.

Vicki - Why on earth are you in such a rush to get married again? Your relationships (all of them) might be better if you'd take a little time, a little step back, and look inside yourself. See what makes you tick. What makes you fly off the rails and start screaming. What makes you afraid to be alone with yourself. When you know the answers to those questions, you'll be a lot better-equipped to be in a real relationship. Not that she'll ever do  it, of course.

Tamra - God isn't a vending machine. You don't insert prayers and receive everything -- or anything -- you want. I'm really sorry if your limited understanding of religion has left you with this idea (and, sadly, it's not uncommon). Not one minute this season (just to limit my remarks to this season) have you shown one single drop of actual Christianity or Christian behaviour.

Shannon - Most of the time, I kinda like Shannon. She has been a little more self-absorbed than usual lately.

Eddie - Not taking your meds is selfish. I know, you don't want to. I don't want to take mine either. Frankly, I don't take them for  myself because I don't really care most of the time (suffering four decades of depression you cannot treat with any kind of pharmaceutical -- for reasons -- will do that to a person), but I take them for my family and my dog. If I die from one of the two diseases I'm currently battling, my dog will die with me, and my husband and kids would miss me. Eddie, man up and take your meds. Someone needs you.

Shane - You are a jerk.

Kelly - You are an abusive drunk. 

A general remark: Why does everyone want to regulate who their friends can be friends with? I'm still friends with both halves of several divorced couples. I don't talk smack about either party to the other (and do my best not to talk smack to anyone else -- after all, these are my friends). Granted, I don't try to set anyone up with another person, but I figure my friends are adults who can find their own dates. Also my friends and I are, for the most part, adults in mind as well as in chronology.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Well...he is Mormon. That would explain his distaste for alcohol. Kelly was a drunk bully and would have attacked anyone for any comment that she deemed critical of her...we’ve seen this before, many times. I’m not saying Shane was right in mixing it up with her but one day Kelly is going to verbally attack a guy who will stand up to her and maybe not be such a gentleman or a pushover like her ex. She’s just a sad, middle aged mess...I understand her brother and mother have deserted her also. She needs anger management and should not drink...it brings out the worst in her. Shane just needs to stay off the show.

I don't drink alcohol either. I'm not the nasty, arrogant, twat that Shane is, though. If he didn't approve of your shoes, he'd be arrogant and condescending about it. It's his nature.  His wife (which one is she again? Emily?) can try to plaster over his nastiness with "oh, he's just sarcastic" all she wants to. He's not sarky. I'm sarky. He's a supercilious twat.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, cpgrad00 said:

Welcome! Glad you chimed in. Hope to hear from you again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Shannon - Most of the time, I kinda like Shannon. She has been a little more self-absorbed than usual lately.

And she actually admitted to not realizing she was coming across in this manner after her conversation with Trashballs.  Whereas if it had been Icki and her sleazeball sidekick getting called out on it, they'd be justifying their behavior nine ways to Sunday.  I think Shannon really cares about her friendship with Tamra, and it is really going to hurt her when the latter stomps on her so that she and Icki can be the co-captains of the franchise again.  At which point I'm out - the fact that Bravo even KEPT Icki after the Season of Cancer Scam has put this show on thin ice with me already.  I liked the last season because I was happy to see that harpy get the shut out she so richly deserved.  But now it looks like Bravo wants us to embrace the new and improved Icki who has - what?  Learned from her mistakes?  Bullshit.  She wants to keep her orange.  Once it's secure again, the bitch will again be back, snarling and smearing.  

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Kirkland vodka is absolut(ely) very good. 

I could be wrong, but I've heard that it is made at the same plant where Grey Goose is distilled.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Nope. No alcohol in the Costcos in Maryland. I hear they have some really good wines too. (grumble, grumble)

We do, however, have a lovely adult beverage store the size of a grocery store. I've been spending a lot of time in the Italian wine aisle and the Pinot Noir aisle, lately. I'm pretty sure the cashiers recognize me. 

The Costcos in WDC and Virginia sell wine, beer and liquor.

Eh. At this point I will take Steve and Shane over any of the housewives, other than Shannon. I read the comments here before watching the show, and just finished it. I didn't think anything Shane said was horrible, and that he actually was pretty decent for most of the interactions. I don't blame him for thinking that Kelly was drunk. Heck, I thought she was drunk and I know what an abusive asshole she can be when she is drunk. But apparently she can also be an asshole sober. And I agree with Steve. Kelly wanted the divorce, not Michael and he is moving on. Good for him. Shane actually tried to get Emily away from Kelly when she was so upset with Kelly. But if someone called my husband those things I would be livid too. 

I have no sympathy for Gina. None. She pretty much admitted that she got married because everyone else was, and had kids because everyone else was. The fact that she (they) had three kids in 4 years (aren't they 5, 3, and 2 or something like that?) would put a strain on a strong relationship, which is sounds like they never really had. I don't feel sorry for her, but I do for the kids who are the ones who will pay for their parents' apparent inability to make responsible decisions. 

I am getting close to being done with this franchise. Tamra's sex talk in front of Steve who she admits she doesn't even know was disgusting. I would never talk like that in front of any of my friends' husbands. It seems to me she was off the rails like this when she and Simon were done. I doubt she and Eddie will last another year. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2018 at 8:24 PM, Fiero425 said:

I just can't relate! Kids that out of control must spend a lot of time "being kids" on their own! That was crazy; smacking mom in the head? Call Child Welfare because most responsible parents would be wearing that butt out; SMACK! Hit beget hits to avoid making an obnoxiously, spoiled child! ;-)

The LAST thing a kid like that needs to is for cameras filming that crap. Both because he'll have to live with that one day and the attention encourages the behavior. I have zero respect for parents who sell out the privacy of their kids for money and fame.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I've been a mother for 10 years and this just dawned on me a few months back. My kids give me so much grief sometimes! But they're mostly really good in public, at relatives' houses, etc. I whined to my husband, "Why aren't they like that for me?" Then it hit me. I'm their safe place. I'm the one they feel comfortable letting off all their steam around. Kids are people too. They have bad days and bad moods. Gina's kids seem fine, to me. 

By gaslighting other adults and pretending they don't know what they're talking about?

I don't think it was so much WHAT he said, but the fact that he was talking to Page Six at all. 

I feel like this same issue was going around some of the nasty Teen Moms. How is a freaking housewife having the same concern with her SON???

Steve asked her to present what she was referring to and she wouldn't so what you expect some one to just talk about something they do not know about or have been misquoted on.

Next he could see she was just trying to cause argument so he stepped away this is how adults act.

The media always twist things and pick at bits to create headlines so had she be an adult and approached in correct manner she could of had a chat to him but again that really is not even the setting you should be doing that anyway.

• Love 3

Tamara is very impulsive and dramatic. I notice her mom does this too-- she makes comments to Tamra that riles her up. Back in the day, I used to use Tamara and her mom in my psychology class, to show "social contagion" lol. It's true. But if you pay attention, her mom makes small comments, that are delivered in sort of deadpan- non-emotional voice, but support Tamara's "right" to be mad, upset, hurt, etc. It's kind of comical. Tamara just feeds right into it. Her mom makes her exponentially more upset about stuff than she needs to be. I think she inherited the need to stir shit up from her mom. Not good, not bad. Not saying I'm right. Just an observation I've made over the years.

Emily is class act. I don't know how she can stand Shane. Kelly was spot on that he was a little bitch, his, "Your friends with HER" in this disapproving SUPER judgemental way-- like, are you so much better? IMO, they are living off his family-- his mom looks loaded.

Other thoughts on this? 

• Love 4

Gina does have a nanny - she mentions this in an earlier episode when she is shopping and buys antique furniture to give to the nanny who has just bought a new house. She clearly doesn’t live there  all of the time though. I don’t begrudge her the help. It would obviously be way way harder without a nanny but I’m sure it is still challenging.

Emily was just kidding about the pink eye. She was lying on the bed and the kid was jumping all over her and landed on her ass while she was fully clothed. 

Stop pushing Aldi wine on me, Bravo!!!!

Kelly is a HoWives GEM!!! God bless, Kelly!  She is a fucking maniac but she’s our maniac.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Tamara is very impulsive and dramatic. I notice her mom does this too-- she makes comments to Tamra that riles her up. Back in the day, I used to use Tamara and her mom in my psychology class, to show "social contagion" lol. It's true. But if you pay attention, her mom makes small comments, that are delivered in sort of deadpan- non-emotional voice, but support Tamara's "right" to be mad, upset, hurt, etc. It's kind of comical. Tamara just feeds right into it. Her mom makes her exponentially more upset about stuff than she needs to be. I think she inherited the need to stir shit up from her mom. Not good, not bad. Not saying I'm right. Just an observation I've made over the years.

OMG! I have been following Tamra as some sort of weird case study since her first appearance on the show. She has such definitive patterns in how her relationships work. And wich pattern she follows depends on what type of relationship it is. If it is a female relationship, she will assess whether or not the woman is a threat to her status as attractive (hence all of the hottest housewife BS in her early seasons). If it is a male relationship she will assess what use she can get out of him and find a way to work that to her advantage. That's why she was able to play Simon and Ryan against each other (and Ryan against his bio dad) for so long. If it is strictly among a group of women, she befriends or pretends to befriend everyone only to single out one of them as the target of hatred within the group. 

It's so cool that you actually used her sociopathy in psychology classes. 

• Love 8

I nearly spewed when Tamra said she has trouble expressing her emotions.  Since when?   That bimbo is nothing but emotions.  And what I can’t stand is her part time Christianity.  You don’t act like she did with Vicki and Steve with all her profane talk and then when you need Him, you pull religion out of your pocket. 

I think those photos of Eddie were awful. His body is good but his face and hair just wasn’t attractive.  

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

OMG! I have been following Tamra as some sort of weird case study since her first appearance on the show. She has such definitive patterns in how her relationships work. And wich pattern she follows depends on what type of relationship it is. If it is a female relationship, she will assess whether or not the woman is a threat to her status as attractive (hence all of the hottest housewife BS in her early seasons). If it is a male relationship she will assess what use she can get out of him and find a way to work that to her advantage. That's why she was able to play Simon and Ryan against each other (and Ryan against his bio dad) for so long. If it is strictly among a group of women, she befriends or pretends to befriend everyone only to single out one of them as the target of hatred within the group. 

It's so cool that you actually used her sociopathy in psychology classes. 

Haha! Thanks! I don't think Tamara is a sociopath though-- I really don't! Her behavior actually conforms to pretty typical and scientifically validated human behavior. She's almost textbook normal in terms of human behavior (which is why I used her-- because she's NORMAL!) :)  She deals with her emotions as effectively as an high school student, which supports her HS-only education. She actually reminds me of many of my aunts that were very attractive (and still are!) but aren't really educated, just graduated high school,  and depend on men for self worth. They like clothes and make-up and being pretty and like spending all day tending to it.  They are MEAN to other women. I have an aunt that is "like" Tamara (only about 30 years older than Tamara) and she STILL thinks men want her and get jealous of other women (who are like 20, haha). 

Also, in my class evaluations, one student said that they did NOT like watching "Desperate Housewives" clips. I guess it's more a show for the older folk.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I nearly spewed when Tamra said she has trouble expressing her emotions.  Since when?   That bimbo is nothing but emotions.  And what I can’t stand is her part time Christianity.  You don’t act like she did with Vicki and Steve with all her profane talk and then when you need Him, you pull religion out of your pocket. 

I think those photos of Eddie were awful. His body is good but his face and hair just wasn’t attractive.  

Tamara has no problem expressing her emotions at all. Maybe she meant she has trouble expressing them in an adult way? 

Also-- what is up with Aldi wine? I recently started buying wine at Aldi. Is this a thing? They have Whistling Owl or something that's less than 3 bucks.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 1

I think Emily was kidding about the pink eye too.  It seemed pretty obvious to me.  

I wish I had one of those leg scooters the two times I broke my leg.  I had to use a walker since I am such a clutz.  I couldn't use crutches.  Also, I know Shannon had a really high heel on, but a little heel would help with those walking casts.  They make that leg longer and it strains your back if the shoe isn't as high as the boot. Her heels were too high though.

• Love 2
On 9/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, Straycat80 said:

Shannon hasn’t been there for Tamra. She does seem all consumed by her divorce. I can understand Tamra’s worries. My brother has a bad heart. He’s had open heart surgery twice in his 20’s. It is hard for a family to go thru. 

I understand what you're saying. However, Tamra does have plenty of other people in her life to give her emotional support while going thru Eddie's health issues. She has her mom, her brother and Im sure many of Eddie's close family members are involved and supportive. Tamra is just creating (boring) weak drama with Shannon for the sole purpose of trying to be relevant as a HoWife. 

And I'm experiencing second hand embarrassment for Tamra's children having to see mom naked wasted drunk in Mexico.Or anywhere/everywhere else. She disgusts me. And I'm no angel. Even tho I don't have kids, I still have the very minimal amount of common sense required to know how to be a good role model for your children....especially if you're a mom with daughters. Tamra is all about Tamra. She's just fucking gross. 

• Love 8
On 9/11/2018 at 12:38 AM, Chalby said:

Exactly!! I thought Ewww... but I really like her and Shannon and I think they are pretty authentic. Kelly's a bad drunk, fearless (and pretty damn funny) but as a sober friend, she's pretty loyal and aware. 

kelly is a dorinda kind of drunk lol

• Love 3
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I stopped watching this shit show, but the commercials are making me think I should give it another chance.  Is it a lie and I should enjoy my freedom or should I let it suck me back in?

Eh. It’s too bad there are no Peoples Couch type shows currently on (yes I know about Jerry O’Connell’s)—you’d probably see the best stuff on one of those.

• Love 7