Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Seeing Red

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Shannon hasn’t been there for Tamra. She does seem all consumed by her divorce. I can understand Tamra’s worries. My brother has a bad heart. He’s had open heart surgery twice in his 20’s. It is hard for a family to go thru. 

Don't let a heart patient move a sofa.   I wonder if Eddie is strategizing with David on how to divorce Tamra.  He seems to be over her and her antics.  I bet this heart illness makes him realize that he deserves much better.

16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Kelly really does explode - she seemed drunk tonight; wonder if that’s usually the case when she goes off.

LOL can you imagine her with Dorinda?  I like Kelly though. I think she has a good heart.

15 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I know there are definitely too many kids, but that little girl popping out from under Vickie’s chair and proclaiming “I like to crawl under chairs”, cracked me up. That was pretty cute. :)

i was actually surprised at how tolerant and how much of a good sport ole Vix was with those kids. I wouldn’t come for lunch at a friends’ house knowing she had 3 rugrats with no help, crawling all over the table. How can you have a conversation? 

Love Vicki with the little girl. I feel for her missing her grand kids.  Hate Vicki all the other times.

I felt really bad for Shannon after she came back to the table. Sitting there with her head down. She looked like a scolded child.  She did not deserve the wrath of trailor park Tammy.   

• Love 17
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Love Vicki with the little girl. I feel for her missing her grand kids.  

Troy and Owen FTW! I miss them, too -- I liked those segments. From last year -- I want to know who Owen is mad-dogging!

• Love 7

The situation is bad when Vicki appears to be a calm, nurturing adult. Gina’s house seems chaotic and out of control. Surprisingly Gina’s kids seemed to calm down and enjoy Vicki’s visit. Can’t believe I just wrote that. 

Tamra is a terrible actress- when she and Eddie were discussing David,  Tamra stood frozen, like she thought it would be hella dramatic. ?

I think Emily and her husband joined the show with an agenda. 

• Love 13

It is certainly possible that Gina’s kids were just acting up, but all the scenes with her kids are pretty much the same. During such a confusing, sad time in their family, strange camera crews, upheavals in their schedules, etc cannot be very good for the kids. Why would she choose to subject them to that while going through a separation/ divorce?! 

Kelly should be careful around Steve “Chavez” Lodge. There are rumors that he was a dirty cop, and even though they were dismissed- several brutality charges. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm going to give Gina the benefit of the doubt in regard to her children.  I think they are just showing off for the cameras.  When Luca hit her in the head, and she said "to your room" , Luca listened, he didn't talk back, he didn't cry, he went to his room.  That leads me to believe that while things aren't perfection at her home, I don't think they're as bad as we've been seeing. YMMV

Yea, I really didn't see a big deal with how her kids acted. Maybe I'm the only one not raising perfect Stepford children, but my kids can be naughty. These kids are being filmed. Bravo may have even made them delay the meal until Vicki got there. Their dad isn't around; Mom clearly has stress over the issue. This is not an ideal situation, so I'm not surprised if they act up a bit. But they, honestly, look like normal little kids to me. Maybe my expectations are too low?

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Kelly should be careful around Steve “Chavez” Lodge. There are rumors that he was a dirty cop, and even though they were dismissed- several brutality charges. 

I think that you are onto something. He probably still has friends on the Force and they could lie in wait for Kelly to do something stupid like drinking and driving. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm going to give Gina the benefit of the doubt in regard to her children.  I think they are just showing off for the cameras.  When Luca hit her in the head, and she said "to your room" , Luca listened, he didn't talk back, he didn't cry, he went to his room.  That leads me to believe that while things aren't perfection at her home, I don't think they're as bad as we've been seeing. YMMV

I agree. Kids get overstimulated and overly hammy when cameras are on.  They want to perform too.  And I don’t think Gina’s kids are any worse than Teresa on NJ. Her hellions were savage as young ins.  I remember them tearing apart a boutique and Teresa just leaving the mess as if she didn’t even see it. 

Kelly and Shannon’s scene as S was prepping her to talk to Steve was  hilarious  to me.   I had this image in my head of a Cro Magnon woman released from ice and having no idea how to behave in society and Shannon trying to teach her how to behave civilly and like a human.  And now I have this cave woman Kelly visual in my head that won’t go away.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I wish someone would kick Shane in the balls and wipe that arrogant smirk off his doofus face. I have never detested a house husband more. HE came on this show looking to fight. What a loser. 

The only other one that comes immediately to mind is Jim Marchese from NJ....he was a piece of work

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Kemper said:

As for Tamra and Eddie.  It seems to me (probably Party of 1) that there is nothing there between them.  He seems to barely tolerate her and is sarcastic and dismissive; as a 49-year-married person, I would not tolerate that for one minute.  But.  I imagine she brings out the coldness and over-it feelings in him....well, in anyone.  I know he is dealing with really scary health issues and she is (on-camera) trying to helpful and supportive.  Trying.  But their marriage seems to be dead.  And Ryan keeps showing up like a bad penny.  But somehow he doesn't enrage me like he used to.  Dislike, yes.  Enrage, no.  

I will never forget the infamous over-sharing tub scene in one of the first seasons with Eddie where he threw back a drink like his life depended on it before joining naked Tamra.  So yeah, we're a party of 2 I guess.

• Love 20

As some have noted, that volatile exchange birthday party exchange between Shane and Kelly (and then Emily) was probably the highlight of an otherwise very dull season.

Shane is an odd duck. Short (5 foot 5 at most) and rather funny looking, he probably still gets carded at bars and liquor stores. And like  a lot of short men, he already harbors deep grudges against the world, including loud, obnoxious women. Nor is he a physically or emotionally affectionate husband in any sense, usually keeping a few few feet distance from Emily, who, towering over him, still has the arm length to frequently reach out to touch him. Strange marriage dynamic, far more a prissy, angry, demanding son and a nurturing and protective mother relationship than that of husband and wife.

But the fates were firmly against Shane when he decided to intervene in Kelly's argument with Steve. No doubt he's had plenty of encounters with his wife's friends and associates, and he probably figures his verbal jousting skills against women are formidable. But taking on Kelly at that moment, in the mood she was in, was a fool's decision on his part, like a BB gun toting hunter taking on an enraged and slightly wounded grizzly bear.

So she was already pissed at Steve, and she didn't remember her introduction to Shane a few minutes earlier (BTW, you might want to  get those short term memory blackouts and the heavy alcohol consumption checked out, Kelly). In her eyes, Shane was just some adolescent boy-sized stranger standing there next to Steve. Hee decided to defend Steve when and after Steve told Kelly to take a hike and walked away from the table. He even lobbed a few incendiary questions and comments her way ("He's the only man that's ever written about you?" You're drunk." "That's your normal behavior? Ugh."). Talk about prodding the enraged beast.

But the very best part was when Kelly walked over to Emily while still casting comments back at Shane (little twerp, little pussy, little bitch). Emily asked who she was referring to. Kelly pointed back at Shane. That's when the protective mother proceeded to go after the raging grizzly, egged on with a few words of encouragement from the now-chastened Shane standing at her side. You can't write scenes like this one, folks.

• Love 19

If you jump into the women's business unprovoked, then you're going to be called a bitch. That's just Real Housewives 101. 

Thank goodness the scooter sisters worked their drama out, because it didn't need to be dragged out any longer.

In other news, I actually liked Tams’ T-shirt. 

Me, too, it was cute. Her striped grandfather shirt, though...I don't think I've seen one of those since the 80s.

Gina's daughter hides under chairs, and Emily's son hides in her butt, lol. I don't mind the small kids too much, because it is their mothers' reality, after all. But, how are Gina and Emily going to manage going on cast trips, when it seems they're often leaving events early because of their children?

i suspect Gina and her mystery husband were already separated before the show started. Or, he is in the witness protection program and never told her. 

Yeah, their situation has sounded hinky from the get-go, and I'm guessing Matt(?) never had any intention of appearing on the show.

Vikki...boring Steve is making her all “Zzzzzz” now too. At least she fought for Brooks.

True, and Brooks was at least good snark fuel.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

I feel for Gina.  She seems like a good person going through a tough time.  I read said something that said she probably wouldn't have filmed if she realized she was going to get divorced in the process.  Her kids did seem wild but they can probably sense the tension of what is going on with their parents. I don't think they are a lost cause.

Vicki was probably the most empathetic she has ever been on the show in talking kindly about Gina and feeling for her dealing with the kids alone.  Vicki was actually very sweet with the kids.

I am on Team If Loving Kelly is Wrong I Don't Wanna Be Right.  Kelly needs anger management counseling stat but I have a hard time being upset about her flying off the handle when it is directed at Shane and Steve.  Kelly calling Shane that little bitch and Emily genuinely asking "are you talking about my husband?" is one of the best moments of this season by far.   It won't be a shock if one day Emily gets sick of defending Shane's behavior and divorces him.  Maybe she stays married because she likes hanging out with Parry and Shane's sister.

Tamra was being so nasty about Shannon.  I'm glad she finally talked to her and Shannon was receptive of what she had to say.  I do feel bad for all that Tamra is going through with Eddie. 

70s crayon box was hilarious.

I don't think it is acting like a 7th grader to say that two people going through an acrimonious divorce should not be at the same party. I thought the heart theme in honor of Eddie's heart issue was super weird. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 15

What's up with Steve just walking away from situations. First with Tamra and sex talk.  ( of course that was all sorts of embarrassing) Next with Kelly.  Who walks off and leaves it for someone else to continue the argument?  Shane was in the wrong to continue the discussion after Steve left. It was none of his fucking business. I would be totally pissed too if a stranger inserted his/her self into an argument I was having with someone else. Kelly was right to call him a little bitch.  

• Love 23

I've heard generations of women in my family say - home is where kids should be a bit naughty and rambunctious. It's their safe place with people they trust. There's nothing wrong with some wild children running around your home, but if they carry the same behaviour outside of the home and have no manners with people they meet, then that's where the issue really lies. I've only seen Gina's kids at home where they are comfortable and I'm sure the cameras around probably excites them. Their interactions with Vicki seemed calm and polite and while I don't doubt that there must be challenges for Gina raising 3 kids by herself, I wouldn't be surprised if they are at least relatively behaved when they are outside of the home. When her kid smacked her, Gina's tone changed and her son knew it immediately. He knew he did something wrong and he could recognize it in his mother's voice that he crossed the line and so he listened to Gina without any issue or fuss. I'm not bothered by what I've seen of her kids so far. 

Thankfully Shannon and Tamra finally talk it out and hopefully Shannon really heard what Tamra was saying. I know it's a fair want from your friend to have them ask about you and how your sick husband is doing but I don't want a full season of Tamra projecting and getting defensive toward Shannon instead of just dealing with the issue directly. But I won't be surprised if it works out that way - these shows tend to be surrounded by regurgitated issues that in retrospect, could have been squashed with just 10 minutes of having an adult discussion with clear communication. 

Kelly has anger issues but man she amused me at the party with the way she was complaining about Shane right to Emily's face not remembering that she was talking about Emily's husband...and then even better, she started speaking directly to Emily about her husband, not backing down with any of the names she called him, lol. I do think Steve's reaction was intended to incite Kelly. He was treating her like he was a cop interviewing a suspect and wanting the suspect to incriminate themselves. Then Shane jumps in for no reason and becomes aggressive in his approach and comments toward Kelly - all 3 of them looked like idiots but what was ironic is that for all of Kelly's behaviour that Shane labelled insultingly, his wife displayed similar loud, aggressive behaviour as well. Wonder if she got a lecture when she got home. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, knitta please said:

Did I hear the bartender correctly when he told Gina, "We have our Sauvignon Blanc from Aldi"??????

Like, Aldi? That's like the Ikea of grocery stores.

And, Shane needs a manziere.

When I heard Aldi in that context, I thought Aldi must be something very different there than it is here. Why would the HWs want to drink bargain wine? They don’t have to, they can afford the good stuff.  They sell wine at Dollar General, too...maybe the season finale party to celebrate whatever the next dumb excuse for an achievement is they can do a DG namedrop!

• Love 2

I think it is interesting that Gina said the longer her husband is away, the more okay it gets for her.  I have a feeling when he is home he is of no use to her.

I love everyone wearing red, it was so vibrant!  Young Eddie's abs, wow.

1 hour ago, knitta please said:

Did I hear the bartender correctly when he told Gina, "We have our Sauvignon Blanc from Aldi"??????

I heard that too, lol.

Shane might be angling to be a HW by creating drama, trying to start a fight with Kelly for screen time.  Accusing Kelly that she is drunk is liking telling her to calm down...fire/gasoline.  

Who started the rumor that Steve is with Vicki for her money? Did I miss something at the party?

Ryan really has nothing going on that he has to show up and be part of the furniture because that is all he is at this point.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I will never forget the infamous over-sharing tub scene in one of the first seasons with Eddie where he threw back a drink like his life depended on it before joining naked Tamra.  So yeah, we're a party of 2 I guess.

Can I join the party? I have snacks.

• Love 8

Tamra has a drinking problem and I can see why her kids want nothing to do with her, she also has to be the center this whole drama she has created with Shannon is just stupid people dont need to keep phoning you asking how you are or your partner somethings should be done in private plus others do have lifes (Shannon is going through a lot of stuff and the type of person she is she cant handle it so has plenty of reasons to not keep phoning asking how people are also i know from suffering an illness/disease you dont want people keep asking you about it)

I loved how Eddie put his foot down regarding the David invite and showed we are only hearing one side of the story regarding him I can't see a guy like Eddie liking him if he was the guy we hear all this negative stuff about it's typical one side of the story.

When will people learn calories do not matter it is what you are eating calorie counting is for idiots.

There is a pattern with these so called friendships what is with women and this argument stuff also holding on to everything can't they just enjoy life you never see this from blokes.

I feel Eddie pain i really do but he needs to see some one for his mental health this is very important to get in early otherwise it will get worse and there is always positives to look at he can still walk around many people with his condition can't even move around.

No Shannon as well with these silly scooters come on this is stupid.

Kelly is another with a drinking problem these people need to stop they cant control themselves and she is a mean drunk time she joined AA she has serious issues if she was a man lets say she would be getting knocked out a lot.

I love the way Steve handled that scene that is how adults act

Edited by mon berg
  • Love 3

Gina’s husband is cute. I don’t think it’s a secret they are getting divorced right? And I’m going to cut her some slack because I saw her on WWHL last night and she seemed nice. And I agree that Her kids were acting up, showing off maybe, because of the camera’s and Vicki visiting. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

My thoughts on that particular TH too.... bad things happen to good people all the time.

Tamara thinks she's a sparkly special cupcake and the self appointed hottest housewife in Orange County.  How could something bad keep happening to her after she prayed! I mean really?!! 

12 hours ago, dosodog said:

Is it me?  Or does Eddie have anger towards Shannon?  Like he's listening to David's list of grievances?

Not just you... I've always been kind of ambivalent in regards to Eddie, but after hearing him saying what he did about Shannon, I thought he was pretty much a dick.   Then I remembered he married Tamara.  And forgave Vicki for spreading rumors about him.  The man really doesn't have a clue. 

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I hereby call to order the "I used to hate Kelly, but she's growing on me" Committee. She totally won me over when after she was talking with Shaneful and was yelling "that horrible little man over there".  FTW!!!

Madame Chairperson, I concur! Kelly earned major points by going to bat for Shannon against Tamara at the golf course.  She seems like a genuine and caring friend. This makes me understand better why she was so hurt by Vicki setting Michael up with her friends and even double dating with him. Kelly can be out of control when drinking, but I do think she's a ride or die friend. 

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I read somewhere that after the divorce, Kelly’s Mom and Brother took Michaels side and wen to live near him and aren’t talking to Kelly.   Kelly lied when Andy asked about her Mother on WWHL.

I didn't see WWHL, but I do think it is interesting that Kelly's mother and brother sided with the money when it came down to it. Not saying that Kelly isn't something of a nightmare, but I am starting to think that this was a case where money won out over blood ties. I mean Kelly isn't talking shit about them and she has a national platform to do it. But, the second the posh living accommodations aren't available to them, they have tons of shit to say to the viewing public? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I had to have a look around to see what Gina’s husband Matt looks like, since Vicki picked up that photo frame guessing it was him..... found this:

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/matthew-kirschenheiter-and-gina-kirschenheiter/

Vicki was careful to look at the framed photo of Matt but not turn it towards the camera, thanks for doing the detective work. 

So another marriage bites the dust...anyone have a count of divorces from all the HW's franchises? 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Must be nice to have so much disposable income that when you twist an ankle you can just go out and by a scooter. I guess Ace bandages, crutches and ziploc bags of ice are passe, or reserved for peons like me. Talk about overkill.

Did Shannon actually buy a scooter though? I broke my ankle almost 4 years ago and I was able to get my scooter for free through my insurance and a note from my orthopedic surgeon. I still have it and consider trying to sell it but haven't gotten around to it yet (plus, they are so inexpensive that I don't know if it would be worth it - I've just loaned it out to friends and friends of friends when needed). Shannon has three athletic daughters and an athletic ex-husband. Since the scooters are adjustable, isn't it possible that it is one they already had and never got rid of? Or, that she, like me, had really good insurance (I mean my insurance wasn't even that great, but it covered things like a scooter or ergonomic crutches)? Or, that someone just loaned her one? I mean, if one of their girls twisted or David had somehow injured their ankle or foot, I would bet their insurance would cover something like this even without a note from an orthopedist. I would also bet that one of her friends who also had athletic children/spouses would also loan her one. 

Or, maybe she did buy it. But, if she has to be mobile for filming, maybe she thought the cost was worth the reward? And since they are relatively inexpensive (without insurance it would have cost me somewhere around 75-135 dollars brand new when I got mine) the monetary output would be insignificant compared to the cost of missing out on filming, since she does have to earn an income.

I am mainly wondering if there is a misconception about these types of scooters. They are as common as crutches and Ace bandages now. A foot or ankle injury, especially in an older person (just so you know my orthopedist considered anyone over the age of 35 to be an "older person" when it came to bones) can take a really long time to heal if not treated correctly. The sooner the person is mobile the more likely they are to be able to resume a normal routine without significant muscle atrophy in the rest of the body from staying immobile and using ice for swelling and medication for the pain. 

Mainly, these scooters are not very expensive to begin with, and if you have insurance you can usually get the cost covered. More importantly, you can easily borrow or buy one from someone who no longer needs it. I'm sure if I tried to sell mine, I would like get about 50 bucks for it at the absolute most. 

• Love 11

I was actually impressed by how kind Vicki was at Gina's with those kids. She paid attention to them, was calm, interacted with them and seed at ease and trying to help Gina out. Very dare I say.. Sweet of her. 

Tamara going after Shannon last epispde was totally misplaced anger. Be angry at Vicki!! She's the one who talked shit about YOUR husband not Shannon. But she's all buddy buddy with vicks and losing her shit on Shannon. I would never be friends with Shannon. She's too self centered and me me me. I can't believe she never even asked how Eddie was doing. 

Shane reminds me of a child. His wife is just as weird as he is. 

I too think Eddie is done with Tamara. I feel so bad for him that he's so young and active and is struggling with a scary health issue. 

Dont like Steve but what he said to page six wasn't that bad. It made sense. Kelly is decent when she's sober but wow she's out of control when she drinks. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

Did Shannon actually buy a scooter though? I broke my ankle almost 4 years ago and I was able to get my scooter for free through my insurance and a note from my orthopedic surgeon. I still have it and consider trying to sell it but haven't gotten around to it yet (plus, they are so inexpensive that I don't know if it would be worth it - I've just loaned it out to friends and friends of friends when needed). Shannon has three athletic daughters and an athletic ex-husband. Since the scooters are adjustable, isn't it possible that it is one they already had and never got rid of? Or, that she, like me, had really good insurance (I mean my insurance wasn't even that great, but it covered things like a scooter or ergonomic crutches)? Or, that someone just loaned her one? I mean, if one of their girls twisted or David had somehow injured their ankle or foot, I would bet their insurance would cover something like this even without a note from an orthopedist. I would also bet that one of her friends who also had athletic children/spouses would also loan her one. 

Or, maybe she did buy it. But, if she has to be mobile for filming, maybe she thought the cost was worth the reward? And since they are relatively inexpensive (without insurance it would have cost me somewhere around 75-135 dollars brand new when I got mine) the monetary output would be insignificant compared to the cost of missing out on filming, since she does have to earn an income.

I am mainly wondering if there is a misconception about these types of scooters. They are as common as crutches and Ace bandages now. A foot or ankle injury, especially in an older person (just so you know my orthopedist considered anyone over the age of 35 to be an "older person" when it came to bones) can take a really long time to heal if not treated correctly. The sooner the person is mobile the more likely they are to be able to resume a normal routine without significant muscle atrophy in the rest of the body from staying immobile and using ice for swelling and medication for the pain. 

Mainly, these scooters are not very expensive to begin with, and if you have insurance you can usually get the cost covered. More importantly, you can easily borrow or buy one from someone who no longer needs it. I'm sure if I tried to sell mine, I would like get about 50 bucks for it at the absolute most. 

I have no problem with the use of scooters, and I know some circumstances make it the best alternative. The doctor said Tamra's break was hard to heal, so not putting any weight on it while it mends makes total sense. He said she may have to have surgery if it doesn't have a chance to heal .  Shannon said her ankle would probably be better in an hour. She admitted it wasn't a serious injury, that it was more of a sprain. 

ETA: I doubt insurance would pay for a scooter for a sprained ankle, unless the doc used "the correct" diagnosis code to have it covered.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Shannon said her ankle would probably be better in an hour. She admitted it wasn't a serious injury, that it was more of a sprain. 

Though at the party she was also in a leg brace. I ? believe that Shannon had that scooter in the garage. 

• Love 1

The look on Shane's face during Kelly's tirade was very interesting to me. 

I think it was physically paining him that a woman was speaking to him like that and he was either at a loss for words because a woman had the audacity to speak to him in such a way or was fighting to stay in control of his tongue. 

I also bet after he saw this episode and Emily saying she could make more than him and she wears the pants that he was super passive aggressive to her for awhile. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

A way onto TV and a chance to win voters but he underestimated her lack of popularity in real life?  He seems like an ass which is appropriate because Vicki is a huge ass.  Tamra needs to quit with all the BJ and other explicit talk.  I have no problem with cursing (can you fucking tell??) its the sexually explicit stuff that just makes her seem cheaper than she is.  She also should eat a tad more fat to soften her face a bit.  She has gone a bit extreme in her health craze.  Shannon has seemed very self involved but from what we have seen in the past she is a good friend.  Tamra needed to speak up sooner.  I understand her irritation with Shannon but talking shit about her was so uncool.  Oh and mom Tamra?  I am not sure I like you.  Maybe go away.

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.  Went a tad overboard with Shane who I agree is a douche.  She just takes it all too far.  Speaking of, calm the eff down Emily!  Shane is a grown man who I am sure can handle himself.  If he is that bitchy with everyone I am sure he has had plenty of practice.  Oh and an attorney threatening someone's life on camera gives me more proof you are a shit attorney who may need her gig as a HW and part time party planner.  Just doesn't show you are very wise.  I have to admit, in a different time/place I think Shane could be quite funny.  I am definitely leaning towards of a marriage of convenience with these two.  I see him having a different type and maybe that is making him cranky.  If Kelly had been able to just speak to Steve, get her point across, and leave it alone, it would have been better.

Editors/Producers/Andy/Baby Jesus, please do not film Gina's children or Emily's for that matter.  But really not Gina's ever again.  They are wild and not what I tune in for.  There is not one damn thing entertaining about 3 wild children who cannot sit still and eat without hitting someone in the head/crawling under chairs or tables/etc.  I know this isn't how it HAS to be even though I don't have kids.  I have plenty of friends with kids and spent enough time around them to know they aren't all that um, spirited.  Gina has lost control.  I will be fast forwarding all of her family scenes from here on out.  She also needs to learn how to read people better.  Shane really is not the type to handle a full on Gina well.  She needs to tread a little lighter with him.  

I don't know, she has 3 preschoolers. Two boys under 5. I don't blame her. That's a tough age, especially for boys, to sit still.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Tamara thinks she's a sparkly special cupcake and the self appointed hottest housewife in Orange County.  How could something bad keep happening to her after she prayed! I mean really?!! 

Not just you... I've always been kind of ambivalent in regards to Eddie, but after hearing him saying what he did about Shannon, I thought he was pretty much a dick.   Then I remembered he married Tamara.  And forgave Vicki for spreading rumors about him.  The man really doesn't have a clue. 

Madame Chairperson, I concur! Kelly earned major points by going to bat for Shannon against Tamara at the golf course.  She seems like a genuine and caring friend. This makes me understand better why she was so hurt by Vicki setting Michael up with her friends and even double dating with him. Kelly can be out of control when drinking, but I do think she's a ride or die friend. 

I do wish more people would call me Madame Chairperson, lol.  Wonder if I can change my user name, but I've been the Diva Queen since the days of yore on TWoP.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, knitta please said:

Like, Aldi? That's like the Ikea of grocery stores.

And, Shane needs a manziere.

I think certain Aldi wines are a "thing" now.  I'm that avid of a wine drinker to care, but I seem to remember hearing that when certain wines are in stock, people come and buy them by the case.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, English Teacher said:
19 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I agree. Kids get overstimulated and overly hammy when cameras are on.  They want to perform too.  And I don’t think Gina’s kids are any worse than Teresa on NJ. Her hellions were savage as young ins.  I remember them tearing apart a boutique and Teresa just leaving the mess as if she didn’t even see it. 

I agree, BUT there is no reason to show it as part of the show.  This is my biggest complaint with about howives with kids. I watch RH to escape from children. I really don't care if it's Gina's reality. Film somewhere else or have a nanny watch them. If I wanted to watch kids misbehave or go nuts, all I need to do is visit the nearest grocery store or restaurant. 

• Love 12
On 9/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, Gem 10 said:

What does Steve see in Vicky?

Steve has run for office in Orange County before (and lost).  It may be that he likes her $$$ but also that he gets to be on TV.  I don't think our darling Don was on the show as much as this loser.   And speaking of Don - really Icky?  You "raised those kids by [your]self"?  I seem to recall Don being there during a good chunk of their formative years.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, Irritable said:

I liked the way Shannon handled the talk with Tamra about not reciprocating enough in their friendship.  And her talking head about it was good, too.  She didn’t realize she was being so self-absorbed, she gets it, she’s glad it was brought to her attention, she wants to work to be better. That’s all anyone can ask in these types of situations.

And unlike Tamtrash, I think Shannon means it.  When you're going through a difficult time, you really have tunnel-vision and for many of us it's hard to see beyond the box we're put in.  All Tamtrash would have had to do was have a talk with Shannon - but then that wouldn't have afforded Tamtrash to make herself out to be the long-suffering victim.  I find it difficult to believe that Tamtrash is that upset about Shannon's failure to telephone her about Eddie when she basically bails on the man at every possible opportunity.  I think she's looking for a way to extricate herself from Shannon as her BFF now that she an Icky are back to being the gruesome twosome.  

Oh, and one think that really annoyed me, but I'm going to ask anyway - do either Eddie or Tamtrash play the piano?  I noticed a beautiful grand in the corner of the house and yet I don't seem to recall either one of them ever mentioning playing.  Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I would NEVER leave the lid of a grand propped open if it's not being used (dust and particulate on the keys and strings) so I was wondering if it was more of an affectation of "culcha" on their part.

• Love 11
On 9/10/2018 at 10:41 PM, VedaPierce said:

I wish someone would kick Shane in the balls and wipe that arrogant smirk off his doofus face. I have never detested a house husband more. HE came on this show looking to fight. What a loser. 

Is he Jim Marchese 2.0?

• Love 8
On 9/10/2018 at 11:26 PM, VedaPierce said:

I know there are definitely too many kids, but that little girl popping out from under Vickie’s chair and proclaiming “I like to crawl under chairs”, cracked me up. That was pretty cute. :)

i was actually surprised at how tolerant and how much of a good sport ole Vix was with those kids. I wouldn’t come for lunch at a friends’ house knowing she had 3 rugrats with no help, crawling all over the table. How can you have a conversation? 

I'm sure this was a new experience for the kids - having a crew around filming. I wonder if they were playing with the cables and using the crew as a jungle gym.

Why doesn't Gina have any kind of nanny/babysitter to help?

• Love 5
On 9/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, VedaPierce said:

I have to say, as much as I hate Vicki, I thought it was pretty sweet of her to come over and hang out amongst all that chaos. She genuinely seems to feel for Gina and appears to really like little kids. Granted, she's probably trying to groom Gina to be her substitute Brianna, but she was good with the kids. 

Kelly must've stopped taking her mood stabilizer. That being said, I'm here for it because otherwise this episode would've been a total snooze. I wonder if Bravo producers asked her to amp up the drama. Even when she's terrible, at least she's entertaining. I don't tune into this show to watch moms struggle with little kids and watch people moving furniture. 

Edited by candle96
  • Love 8
On 9/11/2018 at 12:17 AM, queenjen said:

what has Kelly got on her nose at the cafe with Tamra? There were 2 glow points, it was disturbing. And what were they drinking? Black balls called bova, I think and I have no idea what that is?

I commented on the absence of Kelly's mother and brother, today I saw somewhere that there IS something going down and accusations flying about Kelly mistreating her mother and doing drugs and drinking too much. 

I think Vicki's whooping it up days are over. It looks like getting rid of Vicki may pan out in an unexpected way. Scamming cancer didn't get her fired, but her choosing straitlaced judgypants Steve is curbing her behaviour to the point that she isn't really giving anything at all of interest. 

It's called "Boba Tea" or sometimes "Bubble Tea"

The Boba is actually round balls of tapioca

So it is any tea/ice and they throw in a scoop of boba. You have to drink with a thick straw and you eat the boba.

I'm wondering if Steve is just another scammer.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think certain Aldi wines are a "thing" now.  I'm that avid of a wine drinker to care, but I seem to remember hearing that when certain wines are in stock, people come and buy them by the case.  

Wait, what? The Aldi supermarket has wine? Really?

Unfortunately here in Baltimore we do not have beer and wine in our markets or Costco's.  That makes me sad.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2018 at 12:19 AM, queenjen said:

'i broke the fall WITH my ankle' says Shannon. Isn't that....walking?

It was really idiotic for her to wear a tall black heel on her good foot when she went to Tamra's party. You're not experienced enough on a scooter - your center of balance changes - having the good foot in a high heel was just asking for the scooter to be replaced by a wheelchair.

Doubly stupid as she hurt her ankle walking probably in flats

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why doesn't Gina have any kind of nanny/babysitter to help?

I am sure she does, but if it looks as if she is doing all the heavy lifting she looks like the perfect stay at home mom, no help from dad.  This way Gina looks like the much put upon mother just trying so hard to give the kids a good life.  Sort of setting up for the impending divorce and financial agreements is my guess.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Irritable said:

When I heard Aldi in that context, I thought Aldi must be something very different there than it is here. Why would the HWs want to drink bargain wine? They don’t have to, they can afford the good stuff.  They sell wine at Dollar General, too...maybe the season finale party to celebrate whatever the next dumb excuse for an achievement is they can do a DG namedrop!

I assume because it was sponsored and therefore free.

But I love me some Aldi, even if the atmosphere often leaves something to be desired. They are related to Trader Joe's, so they often have the same products, just labeled differently.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why doesn't Gina have any kind of nanny/babysitter to help

I'm sure she does. That's the big secret among the rich. They like to give the appearance that they actually are with their kids 24/7 with no help when in fact, they have a staff to take care of them. Does anyone honestly think that Emily doesn't have at least one nanny? Not buying it. 

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I agree, BUT there is no reason to show it as part of the show.  This is my biggest complaint with about howives with kids. I watch RH to escape from children. I really don't care if it's Gina's reality. Film somewhere else or have a nanny watch them. If I wanted to watch kids misbehave or go nuts, all I need to do is visit the nearest grocery store or restaurant. 

My sentiments exactly.  The only other person whose toddlers got about as much screen time was Brianna's kids, and that was in the seasons no one would reliably film with Vicki.  Tamra's kids weren't on that much back when she was with Simon and the kids were little, we only ever saw Alexis' small kids in relation to Alexis' OTT birthday party, Peggy 1.0's kids weren't around that much because I don't even remember what gender they were, and Lydia's &  Lizzie's kids were mostly background.  Watching overly tired or overly stimulated toddlers is not fun nor should it be part of this show.  This show is for overly tired and drunk middle aged women to act like toddlers.  Seeing actual toddlers takes the fun out of it.

• Love 19