Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

On 4/17/2018 at 2:45 PM, Claire85 said:

Cate has mentioned more than once that during her latest vacation rehab stay, she had genetic testing that determined her medication wasn’t working for her. Is this a real thing? 

My psychiatrist actually recommended I have it, because it can zero in on how an individual metabolizes and processes certain drugs. Since most drugs have to be tested for 6 weeks, these tests can save a ton of time on trial and error. Many insurance policies cover the test.

• Love 10

She won’t take the advise of professionals to stay of SM.    These two are both home all day together and still need to profess their love for each other for all to see.  I wonder if they actually communicate with each other the old fashion way...talking privately!  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

That "conversation" with Nova is total bullshit.  Nova can barely talk, but we are supposed to believe she said all that.  I'm doing the Joan Rivers thing where she would exaggeratedly finger gag herself. 

My best friend got mixed up with a guy from Europe who was just using her for a ticket to stay in the U.S. forever (and he got it).  It is a long story, but it was a horrible relationship.  I knew all their dirty little secrets because my BFF called me crying almost daily, but to read their fb posts you would think they were the perfect couple.  It read much like Cate and Tyler's social media bullshit.  Anytime I see a couple gushing over each other and having what should be private conversations publicly on social media, I know what's really up.  

I can sympathize. I hate it when someone cries to you about their problems only to then put on a facade on social media.

This is going to make me go back to a point I made the other day about Tyler venting to his sister and his mom about his problems. He is telling Amber on camera how he is at the point of wanting to leave the relationship. He shares with Amber and Kim all of his problems. In reality, he is finger-pointing and putting the blame all on Cate. In the past, Kim has taken Tyler's side and she agrees with him that most of what he is enduring is due to Cate's issues. She also has made it clear that Tyler is being dragged down by his wife. Amber's scene with Tyler at the restaurant also showed her being one-sided and agreeing with him that all of his problems are due to Cate. Tyler is at the end of his rope. He feels he needs to end the relationship. However, here he is with Cate on social media as they share all these excessive sentimental exchanges with each other and "talk" as if all is fine. It has me wondering sometimes if Amber and Kim roll their eyes as they read that shit and remember all the dirt he spilled about Cate to them on and off camera. Maybe more Kim than Amber since all she cares about is having Tyler there as her safety net.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, Kazu said:

Exactly.

Is he back in town permanently?

April gets the shaft constantly, but Daddy Cheeseburger gets love thrown his way. 

Reminiscent of Jenelle and her dad. Even Amber has thrown shit at her mom, but her daddy got all her praise.

One of the things I've really come to notice since I became a mom is that there's definitely a narrative in our society that everything is the mother's fault. 

(For example: A guy is a serial killer: What was his relationship with his mom like?  Was his mom crazy/pretended to be his sister/too permissive/too strict/etc?  Someone goes to jail for non-violent crime: He/she was raised by a single mom so they didn't have a father figure & she was never around, etc. so they didn't learn right and wrong. And on and on.)

Many of these girls fall into this trap and is present their own revised version of their/childhoods lives that just reinforce this narrative that everything is the mother's fault. Kail's Suzi, Jenelle's Barb, Cate's April....they shoulder most the blame while their absentee dads are hardly - if ever- blamed at all - for the bad stuff that happened in their childhoods.

You'd think they'd become more sensitive to this once they became moms themselves that moms don't create messed up childhood situations all by themselves.  One of the biggest epiphanies I had after having my son was that my mom, who did a lot of things in my childhood I wouldn't replicate (but nothing like April, etc) was just doing the best she knew how to do and trying to keep the family above water every second of every day.  I know their childhoods are more traumatic than mine was, but the lack of perspective these girls have is....sad. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 23
19 hours ago, kira28 said:

I'm not adopted by i grew up in a family where drugs and prison were never part of life of anyone in my immediate family or even extended family. When I was in my 20s my younger cousin got into drugs and was sent to prison twice. To that day she still gets arrested for theft drug use etc. Both of her kids fathers have died of drug overdoses and she's been to rehab multiple times. I am not proud to be related to her and my family doesn't have much to do with her . no one hates her but we just don't know what t I say to her or hiw to relate to her. I think Carly may feel similar when given the choice to have a relationship with her birth parents.  I know that probably sounds horribly insensitive but becoming an addict is a choice. One first chooses to use heroin, cocaine etc. As "unfair" as it may be Carly is more than likely going to look down at her trashy druggie birth family and thank her lucky stars she escaped that mess. 

It is not insensitive, but it is inaccurate. Addiction is not a choice. It is a disease. Many drug addicts are former users of pain killing medications. Use of painkillers can bring on the unintended consequence of people turning to a drug like heroin. Heroin has similar effects to painkillers in terms of the high that users feel, making it an ideal substitute for those looking for a way to replace their painkillers. Heroin is cheaper than pain pills and it is easier to acquire.

From one source: Heroin is usually cheaper than prescription drugs. Opiate pain medications cost the uninsured about $1 per milligram; so a 60-milligram pill will cost $60. You can obtain the equivalent amount of heroin for about one-tenth the price.

Genetics can also play a part in who may end up an addict. Carly may not be out of the woods. Addiction doesn't care how much money you have or what neighborhood you grew up in. It doesn't care if you were removed from a toxic family and put in a loving and healthy home. Addiction can affect people from all walks of life. I hope nothing but the best for Carly and her family.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Kazu said:

Genetics can also play a part in who may end up an addict. Carly may not be out of the woods. Addiction doesn't care how much money you have or what neighborhood you grew up in. It doesn't care if you were removed from a toxic family and put in a loving and healthy home. Addiction can affect people from all walks of life. I hope nothing but the best for Carly and her family.

I like to think that Brandon and Teresa are aware of this and will do all they can to help Carly avoid going down this road. True, she's not in the clear, but hopefully having a family who doesn't abuse drugs and access to any help she might need will keep her away from that lifestyle. Just seeing Cait and Tyler and their families on TV might also have her so scared she'll never take a sip of alcohol or take any meds stronger than Tylenol.  

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

One of the things I've really come to notice since I became a mom is that there's definitely a narrative in our society that everything is the mother's fault. 

(For example: A guy is a serial killer: What was his relationship with his mom like?  Was his mom crazy/pretended to be his sister/too permissive/too strict/etc?  Someone goes to jail for non-violent crime: He/she was raised by a single mom so they didn't have a father figure & she was never around, etc. so they didn't learn right and wrong. And on and on.)

Many of these girls fall into this trap and is present their own revised version of their/childhoods lives that just reinforce this narrative that everything is the mother's fault. Kail's Suzi, Jenelle's Barb, Cate's April....they shoulder most the blame while their absentee dads are hardly - if ever- blamed at all - for the bad stuff that happened in their childhoods.

You'd think they'd become more sensitive to this once they became moms themselves that moms don't create messed up childhood situations all by themselves.  One of the biggest epiphanies I had after having my son was that my mom, who did a lot of things in my childhood I wouldn't replicate (but nothing like April, etc) was just doing the best she knew how to do and trying to keep the family above water every second of every day.  I know their childhoods are more traumatic than mine was, but the lack of perspective these girls have is....sad. 

I missed this post when I was on earlier.

You are so right. Preach! How many times has Barb been the target and has been blamed for how Jenelle's life has turned out? April gets shitted on by Catelynn, but April didn't conceive Catelynn without some help. She was also in an abusive relationship. Being an addict doesn't lessen the fact she was a victim of a crime at the hands of Butch. She had a lot of shit to deal with. I hate her for being a POS mother to her child and calling her a bitch, but it is not surprising since she was, you know, an addict. Addicts are known for being the biggest assholes. Look at Ryan.

Daddy Lowell coming out of the woodwork and acting like the doting grandfather and father. No shade is being thrown his way by his daughter on social media. Hardly a peep out of her mouth about him abandoning her. Sure he lived in Florida and was far from her, but why didn't he try to get her out of the abusive and shitty life she was living with Butch & April? Didn't his child's welfare and safety concern him?

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I had two acquaintances on Facebook that were engaged to be married. Each and every day they would post the most lovey dovey schmuvey lovisms and clearly things they can say at the dinner table together.

Ex:

”Babe, thanks for making me this amazing grilled chicken dinner since you know I’m soooo into getting fit for our 5k run {insert photo of said grilled chicken meal with a picture of them both posing with it} I love you.”

”Babe, thanks for buying me these beautiful diamond earrings ...I don’t deserve you {insert diamond earrings at multiple angles}”

{insert lame kissy picture of them at chilis alone just having photo ops instead of eating their fajita}

3 weeks later they announced they were broken up (rumors spreaded about the diamond earrings being an ‘I apologize for cheating on you’ gift) and they were both dating new people within a week or two.

What’s sad is ...there were some moments I was getting a bit jealous and started comparing my marriage to their Facebook relationship. I even asked my hubby “why aren’t we cute like that?” And he said, because we are too busy loving each other and living life to update people on Facebook about how much we love each other - I rather spend that free time having sex with you ?

Never again will I compare my lovely marriage to what I see on social media.

Cate and Tyler, less time telling strangers on the internet and more time fucking. ?

I have a friend who both she and her husband are mature, well adjusted successful people. They have a solid marriage.  They both indulge this fb romance crap too. Back and forth or just gush on one another.  She talks him up as the best man. Posts every little thing he does for her- and she is very spoiled and doted on. He does well and treats her like fucking queen.

He is however human, so they have problems- normal marriage things, nothing major.  He does or says stupid things now and then but buys her anything she wants for bdays including trips so she doesn’t have it all bad.

But she gets mad that everyone on FB fawns on him and says he’s the perfect husband and how they wish they had that, oh you guys are so cute you have the perfect relationship. She always says to me it makes her mad because they don’t know the other things he does and he’s not perfect and everyone acts like she’s so lucky.  

BECAUSE OF YOUR PORTRAYAL! Which I tell her.

not that we should air our dirty laundry, but when we write fricking fairy tales about our lives on SM how can we blame gullible people for falling for our made up prince?

Also to say, not everyone that is gross gushy ln fb has a bad relationship. They might just be obnoxious braggarts who then get irritated that people think highly of their spouse. 

The Balitierras are totally the first though. But also the second, Except They’re Bragging on a false narrative unlike my friend. 

Edited by Kalamityjayne
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When I see Tyler’s pasty kneecap that’s looking for air to breath I go?

ETA: OT but @Kalamityjayne your username made me go out and buy kalamata olives. Just sayin’.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, AirQuotes said:

That "conversation" with Nova is total bullshit.  Nova can barely talk, but we are supposed to believe she said all that.  I'm doing the Joan Rivers thing where she would exaggeratedly finger gag herself. 

My best friend got mixed up with a guy from Europe who was just using her for a ticket to stay in the U.S. forever (and he got it).  It is a long story, but it was a horrible relationship.  I knew all their dirty little secrets because my BFF called me crying almost daily, but to read their fb posts you would think they were the perfect couple.  It read much like Cate and Tyler's social media bullshit.  Anytime I see a couple gushing over each other and having what should be private conversations publicly on social media, I know what's really up.  

I have a working theory that the more a couple publically proclaims their love, the worse their relationship actually is behind closed doors.  Thou doth protest too much and all that shit.

• Love 20
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Kazu said:

It is not insensitive, but it is inaccurate. Addiction is not a choice. It is a disease. Many drug addicts are former users of pain killing medications. Use of painkillers can bring on the unintended consequence of people turning to a drug like heroin. Heroin has similar effects to painkillers in terms of the high that users feel, making it an ideal substitute for those looking for a way to replace their painkillers. Heroin is cheaper than pain pills and it is easier to acquire.

From one source: Heroin is usually cheaper than prescription drugs. Opiate pain medications cost the uninsured about $1 per milligram; so a 60-milligram pill will cost $60. You can obtain the equivalent amount of heroin for about one-tenth the price.

Yep.  In fact, the opioid epidemic only became "bad enough" for something to be done once it started to affect middle to upper class white kids.  Before that, no one even paid attention.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Ha! Just hoping to get paid by them!

That's a sponsored post. He probably got anywhere from $5000-10,000 for doing it. I have a friend who has a huge Twitter and Instagram following and sponsors pay her to pimp stuff all the time. It makes me sick (and jealous-I want to be paid to wear jewelry and makeup). 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That's a sponsored post. He probably got anywhere from $5000-10,000 for doing it. I have a friend who has a huge Twitter and Instagram following and sponsors pay her to pimp stuff all the time. It makes me sick (and jealous-I want to be paid to wear jewelry and makeup). 

Even though C&T will most likely will be broke in a few years, the fact that they earn 5-10k in exchange for a post annoys me.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

He tweeted he is not getting paid. I think he is trying to get paid by doing all these promotions.

Love the Flashback Fridays @druzy. :-)  

Restaurant style quesadilla. Sorry, Cate. That is a monster size quesadilla.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Kazu said:

He tweeted he is not getting paid. I think he is trying to get paid by doing all these promotions.

Love the Flashback Fridays @druzy. :-)  

Restaurant style quesadilla. Sorry, Cate. That is a monster size quesadilla.

Well shit. I see that now. Ha ha, I obviously didn't read his post! 

6 hours ago, druzy said:

Even though C&T will most likely will be broke in a few years, the fact that they earn 5-10k in exchange for a post annoys me.

And some people even earn more. I figure the're in the $5,000-10,000 range because they're about at the same celebrity-level as my friend. It kinda makes me sick. 

• Love 5
On 4/19/2018 at 2:31 PM, Kazu said:

I know that probably sounds horribly insensitive but becoming an addict is a choice. One first chooses to use heroin, cocaine etc.

I assume you're talking about prescribed painkillers, and I agree that the current opioid/heroin crisis is a result of doctors prescribing opoids incorrectly, the patients getting hooked, and turning to cheaper heroin for their high.

That said, we have someone on this very show who people suspected got into heroin because of prescribed painkillers and it turned out that nope, it had nothing to do with that.  He just wanted to get high, and made a choice to seek out the drugs.  If he hadn't made that choice, he wouldn't be a heroin addict.

I'm glad he admitted it.

• Love 11

Thanks for the flash back to the quesadilla episode. You know, I STILL can’t say or hear chicken quesadilla without hearing Cates voice. It also makes me hungry for one every time I watch that clip. What’s even funnier is Tyler was worried more about the modest amount of skinless chicken than he was about globs of cheese dripping out of it while he shoveled his fried shit in his mouth.

The producer only got upset with Tyler for herself and not defending Cate because she looked slightly heavier than Cate.

I don’t understand Cates reasoning. You can still lose weight while pregnant with the guidance of your prenatal doctor if you’re overweight.

I had a friend that got pregnant at the beginning of her diet and lifestyle change and her doctor told her it will still be safe and recommended to lose weight as she was obese. She totally changed the way she was eating, went from 3500k Cala a day down to 1800-2000 and lost a lot. Canceled out all fried food and complex carbs, sodas and fast food. Once she delivered she was sooooo much tinier than she was prepregnancy and dropped tons of weight post pregnancy once she was cleared to up her exercise routine. Cate was just looking for excuses to continue to eat 7k point quesadillas and loaf around.

WOW! That rant came out of nowhere. Sorry. I’m hungry now.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

no sleeve tattoo is the giveaway :).    

haha true. And the size 10 shoes.

Cate and her hideous tattoos. I saw a woman the other day with a gorgeous set of tattoos on her arms.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Don't even get me started on the discrepancy between expectations on a father versus a mother.  Just the other day I had someone tell me that she blames the MOTHER when boys aren't chivalrous.  When I asked why the father has no responsibility (wouldn't there naturally be more responsibility for the father with that scenario?) I got a flustered "uh, yeah, but I mostly see young boys with their moms so..."  Mmm hmm.  

Same with us working moms.  We get a lot of "oh I would never have daycare raise my baby!"  I'm willing to wager no father has ever been accused of not raising his child by daring to work outside the home to provide for said child. 

18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I assume you're talking about prescribed painkillers, and I agree that the current opioid/heroin crisis is a result of doctors prescribing opoids incorrectly, the patients getting hooked, and turning to cheaper heroin for their high.

That said, we have someone on this very show who people suspected got into heroin because of prescribed painkillers and it turned out that nope, it had nothing to do with that.  He just wanted to get high, and made a choice to seek out the drugs.  If he hadn't made that choice, he wouldn't be a heroin addict.

I'm glad he admitted it.

Every addict at some point has made the choice though.  Even addicts that were borne from a once legitimate need for pain pills made the choice to keep taking them past when they were needed.  The also made the choice to go out and get heroin once they could no longer get the pills.   I agree with the others that addiction is a disease, not just a choice someone is continually making.  Basically,  a disease borne out of a very poor choice that was once made.  Once they get to full blown addiction, however, the choice is gone.  

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I guess I'm old because the fact that the arm in question isn't covered in tattoos means it's a man instead of a woman...

Kaitlyn has a sleeve tattoo and always wears jeans with holes in them so at first glance the picture could be mistaken for Kaitlyn.  

• Love 6

Drugs and alcohol can hijack the brain of some people while others are able to not fall prey to addiction. There is a book by Dr. J. Powers and he goes into this topic of personal choice and addiction: 

Dr. Powers acknowledged that addiction does involve an element of personal choice, but that’s true of most chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, even some cancers, he said. In high school, when most young people take their first drink or drug, few contemplate the possibility of addiction down the road.

“I chose to drink, but I didn’t choose addiction,” Powers said. “When you choose to eat a cheese pizza, are you choosing to have a heart attack?”

What’s worse is the new neurological pathways created by addiction are permanently established, making addiction a chronic, incurable disease that can nonetheless be managed, like diabetes, he said.

And like with diabetes and other chronic diseases, relapse is not uncommon among those trying to recover from addiction, Powers said. But for at least half of those who enter treatment or attempt recovery, long-term sobriety is a reality.

Reading this has me thinking of Catelynn and her unhealthy diet. If and when she becomes a diabetic again, will she not be suffering from a disease because she put herself in that position with her unhealthy eating choices? If she suffers from high blood pressure or heart disease in the future, I suppose she isn't suffering from a disease because it was her fault she made that choice to put that 7 pound quesadilla into her mouth and tons of salt on her food. Plenty of people are suffering from diseases that stem from them likely making unhealthy choices, but it seems addiction is the one that is targeted the most as not being viewed as a disease and that people chose to be an addict.

Ryan did make a choice to use drugs. My question would be, what led him to do drugs to begin with? That is not to say that people don't try drugs simply for recreational use since many people do want to experience the high they get from drugs. I personally believe there is some underlying factor to why Ryan chose to do drugs. Normally, people tend to do drugs as a means of escape or to numb feelings or some internal pain. I feel that is one reason why he is not interested in attending any post-rehab treatment. I also believe it is because he is as addicted to filming Teen Mom and acquiring that paycheck as he is to heroin. TM is his other vice. He is not ready to quit filming per any therapist's orders. He hasn't reached that point yet where he is willing to admit his problems, stop the finger-pointing (Maci) and discuss what set him on this path of addiction. All he is able to admit to at this point is that he wasn't suffering from any physical pain. He is just not prepared to admit and  divulge his internal pain. It is similar to how I feel about Catelynn who I have felt for the longest time is hiding behind her anxiety and other claims to mask the true reasons for her problems which I believe stem from her fears of losing Tyler and her issues with having placed her first child up for adoption. 

As much sympathy as I can offer for people who have addiction problems, I also am sick and tired of MTV giving them a pass and also paying for their treatments.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, druzy said:

I thought he was starting an adult line of clothing. Why is he advertising for the competition? 

I see Tyler gets his eyebrows groomed. I'm not from the Midwest but is Backstreet Boy retro the style there?

• Love 13
On 4/22/2018 at 12:41 PM, druzy said:

I thought he was starting an adult line of clothing. Why is he advertising for the competition? 

Oh, Tyler.   Without TMOG, $29.99 would be pricey, not "only $29.99," but keep on.

Butch has some really amazing genes.  I'm not saying he's a good person or he's incredibly handsome, but considering the years of hard living he's done, he looks way better than one would expect. He's put his body through a lot and doesn't look half as haggard as some of the girls who are in their 20s and haven't yet had 40+ years of bad decisions/drugs/ignoring sun safety/bad plastic surgery/etc (cough Maci cough Kail cough). 

(I assume that Butch also does some kind of physical labor/activity, as he did work for a fence company at one time and has worked on Tyler's home improvement projects, so that probably helps.  And I guess maybe he hit the weights and walked the yard a lot in prison.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
On 4/21/2018 at 3:58 AM, mamadrama said:

And some people even earn more. I figure the're in the $5,000-10,000 range because they're about at the same celebrity-level as my friend. It kinda makes me sick. 

Oh my gosh.  $5k-10k (okay, closer to 10k) would pretty much cover all my medical expenses and missed paychecks we'll be facing when I have surgery in a couple of weeks. And they make this one tweet.....

When I was a little kid and would complain to my dad that something wasn't fair, he'd say "Life isn't fair."  

I thought he was such a pessimist and complacent.  But really, he was just speaking truth & trying to prepare me for adult life. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't dislike any of his choices here....I'm just not sure they all go together. 

Agreed. Personally, I *love* the frosty glass and inconvenient shape of the sink area because they provide the character. Tyler can throw all the $$$ he wants at “open floor plans” or “hand chopped and sanded pecan fucking door frames” (yes I made the last one up!) but the charm can get lost easily when someone with zero taste (ahemTylerahem) is designing.

Perhaps a mosaic of broken Mesopotamian pottery, arranged in the shape of a turd wrapped in a quesadilla in the entryway would tie it all together? ???

Edited by Enya Face
I’m a fucking moron!
  • Love 10