Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, monicageller said:

How about forming your own identity, Catelynn instead of adopting the last name of an abusive addict who tortured you psychologically after the adoption?

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

How about forming your own identity, Catelynn instead of adopting the last name of an abusive addict who tortured you psychologically after the adoption?

And every other girl on the show. I feel left out. I'll by an E for 2 grand to solve the puzzle;)

• Love 8

Rolling is what I do best. Getting ready for OUR trip! I wonder if the HexBeGone house is done yet. I do love that house but furniture placement must be difficult. My upstairs living room is narrow and long so I didn't have many options now that TVS take an entire wall these days.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, druzy said:

Sign me up just for the damn food!  There's no five-star cuisine at any County or State funded mental health facilities, that's for sure.

A typical day may start with the choice of omelets made to order, breakfast blintzes or maybe a bowl of steel cut oats topped with a choice of fresh seasonal fruits, ground flax seed and nuts.  Lunch might feature hand rolled sushi made to order or sauté stations that offer patients an opportunity to create their own combinations of grains, vegetables, and proteins flavored with house-made sauces.  Chefs then sauté these ingredients to each patient’s order.  Dinner is also a beautifully plated meal that is balanced and responsibly portioned.  An entree like brown rice crusted chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers and finished with a roasted shallot broth and complemented with sweet potato puree may tempt our patients on a particular evening.  Or the featured entrée may be Asian firecracker beef with warm sesame vinaigrette accompanied by oriental coleslaw and black forbidden rice.  On a different evening, patients may choose from items such as blue corn crusted tofu with cilantro and roasted red pepper chimichurri or roasted portabella mushrooms with white bean spread, fresh basil leaves, and shaved tomatoes finished with a balsamic reduction.  Kosher and vegetarian options are also available at all meals. 

https://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/cuisine

• Love 12

Typical Schedule

4 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Sign me up just for the damn food!  There's no five-star cuisine at any County or State funded mental health facilities, that's for sure.

A typical day may start with the choice of omelets made to order, breakfast blintzes or maybe a bowl of steel cut oats topped with a choice of fresh seasonal fruits, ground flax seed and nuts.  Lunch might feature hand rolled sushi made to order or sauté stations that offer patients an opportunity to create their own combinations of grains, vegetables, and proteins flavored with house-made sauces.  Chefs then sauté these ingredients to each patient’s order.  Dinner is also a beautifully plated meal that is balanced and responsibly portioned.  An entree like brown rice crusted chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers and finished with a roasted shallot broth and complemented with sweet potato puree may tempt our patients on a particular evening.  Or the featured entrée may be Asian firecracker beef with warm sesame vinaigrette accompanied by oriental coleslaw and black forbidden rice.  On a different evening, patients may choose from items such as blue corn crusted tofu with cilantro and roasted red pepper chimichurri or roasted portabella mushrooms with white bean spread, fresh basil leaves, and shaved tomatoes finished with a balsamic reduction.  Kosher and vegetarian options are also available at all meals. 

https://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/cuisine

That food selection is amazing.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, druzy said:

Typical Schedule

That food selection is amazing.

But how is the therapy and follow up? Hmmmmm 

Out of curiosity, I looked to see if the place uses Twitter. I just put in cottonwood without Tucson and this was the last tweet on the page, made me chuckle:

• Love 8

She traveled there in March, November, and January, right?  Just like the rest of the Snowbirds who travel to Arizona to escape the harsh Michigan Winters.  I wonder if she'll ever have suicidal thoughts in the middle of Summer, when the average high in Tucson is 100 degrees?  Going outside with the horsies in that desert heat won't be as entertaining  theraputic in July or August.

• Love 18
(edited)
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

But how is the therapy and follow up? Hmmmmm 

Out of curiosity, I looked to see if the place uses Twitter. I just put in cottonwood without Tucson and this was the last tweet on the page, made me chuckle:

That's hilarious! Which one of you hacked their twitter account?

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

She traveled there in March, November, and January, right?  Just like the rest of the Snowbirds who travel to Arizona to escape the harsh Michigan Winters.  I wonder if she'll ever have suicidal thoughts in the middle of Summer, when the average high in Tucson is 100 degrees?  Going outside with the horsies in that desert heat won't be as entertaining  theraputic in July or August.

Can I become a reverse snowbird? Cos I am goddamned sick of SoCal heat shit!! Who wants to trade?!

• Love 6

The "Cottonwood" tweet also makes me lol because close to where I live it's the name of a pretty big church! 

It still bugs me that they say "BalTERRA" when pronouncing their name, but "Tee-erra" for their ugly clothes...and the "Bs everywhere" is such a McKinney move. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I live in Tucson we're expecting upper 90s this week. Don't think she'll make it!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Enya Face said:

Can I become a reverse snowbird? Cos I am goddamned sick of SoCal heat shit!! Who wants to trade?!

Me!  I live in Chicago.  It has snowed twice this week.  I went to the Sox game today and the high was 35 in the sun.  Please, please, please send us warm weather. 

• Love 11

It really grinds my gears to go through all that work to open the pool for 2 months! I have a cool sunroom and back yard. I'd like to enjoy them! My husband wants to use the hot tub. I threw him a towel and told him good luck. He came right back in. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, druzy said:

Click on the arrow.

Who is going to clean all of those windows?

Preferred Marble and Granite also installed MY quartz countertops.  The connection to these yahoos makes them feel somehow tainted now.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LBS said:

Me!  I live in Chicago.  It has snowed twice this week.  I went to the Sox game today and the high was 35 in the sun.  Please, please, please send us warm weather. 

I'll send you some. It's autumn here in Sydney and it's been 30C (86F) all week. Summer has been going nonstop since October. :/

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LBS said:

SOLD!! 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, monicageller said:

I think Tyler unconsciously used @CatelynLowell in his tweet instead of @tierraeign. His tweet says Packaging up these @CatelynnLowell orders for all of our amazing customers and the Instagram post @monicageller posted says Packaging up these @tierrareign orders for all of our amazing customers. I think he is resenting her laziness more each day which is causing Cate to have anxiety attacks.  

I wonder what her choice for dinner will be on her first evening back at the spa. I'm guessing the brown rice crusted chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers and finished with a roasted shallot broth and complemented with sweet potato puree. 

tys.png

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That's the dog shit carpet right? 

Enjoy your packages people.

It looks like he is actually using a small table (finally) to pack those orders. I bet people tweeted shit (no pun intended) to him about packing that shit (again, no pun intended) on the shitty carpet. 

17 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Just wow at the food and schedule! Never have I EVER!  

I told ya'll - five star meals is what keeps Cate going back.  It ain't the therapy or the doctors. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

I wonder what her choice for dinner will be on her first evening back at the spa. I'm guessing the brown rice crusted chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers and finished with a roasted shallot broth and complemented with sweet potato puree. 

In other words, the same sort of healthy meal she typically prepares for herself, Tyler, and Nova.

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That's the dog shit carpet right? 

Enjoy your packages people.

Yep. If you notice in the clip, he has to use the lint brush. Probably from all the dog hair and debris. 

Why can’t Catelynn help? “My depression and anxiety.”  He posts all these videos so we can see how much HE does and how little she does. He loves his Superman Role.  

• Love 19
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, leighroda said:

Every time I start to get the smallest feeling of empathy for Tyler he goes and says something that makes me say “never mind he loves this”. I have no doubt that living with Cate is difficult, and feeling like you are carrying the world is exhausting but I don’t need you to remind me of this every 20 minutes. 

I think this best describes how I feel, as well as many others here. We have sympathy for what he is having to endure, but then he goes and reminds the world constantly. He always has to shine a light on it. He thrives on the sympathy and adoration he gets. 

It is real shitty how he has to be responsible for all the people in his life, including Kim who makes things all about her whenever Tyler goes to her with his problems. It is no wonder where he picked that up from along with all the addicts around him who are all about themselves, their pity parties and "woe is me" attitudes.  Not that he doesn't have a right to express his own pity party, but he also enables a lot of Cate's behavior which he then turns around and makes it all about him to the point of blaming himself for what she is doing. 

• Love 18
(edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 1:59 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

When I was in the psych hospital two years ago (it's been two years since a big relapse of my bipolar, hooray!!!!), the food was actually not that bad.  For breakfast one morning, they served us hotcakes with fruit and whipped cream...not bad at all.  I would liken the food to what you'd find in a very nice high school cafeteria.  And they made sure you got enough to eat, too.  Back on the ward, we had herbal teas, and pretzels, and fruit yogurt cups, cold white milk, and graham crackers.  We could have as much of those things as we wanted.  Each patient also got a HUGE plastic mug...almost a jug...to keep ice water in.  We were always encouraged to drink a LOT of water.

I belong to a bipolar support group, and yeah, some of those poor souls have been in State and County hospitals, where the food is not as nice.  However, many of the people there are homeless, so at least they are getting "three hots and a cot" and healthcare without having to go to jail.

Offer me sushi anywhere and I am liable to stay.  Hell, I'd make a nuisance of myself :-)

ETA: I actually do applaud Tyler for his renovation skills.  Really rather impressive.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 13

I just love that house and think it's absolutely beautiful.  It must be nice to have to have time, money, and ability to restore it.  Tyler has done a great job.  Especially considering all the time he's also had to take care of the people in his life.  They certaintly didn't make it easier on him by adding all that extra responsibility on him.  I also think these projects do some good for his brain and his bones.  

There.  I said something favorable to Tyler.  I probably have a fever or some random virus invading my body.

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

When I was in the psych hospital two years ago (it's been two years since a big relapse of my bipolar, hooray!!!!), the food was actually not that bad.  For breakfast one morning, they served us hotcakes with fruit and whipped cream...not bad at all.  I would liken the food to what you'd find in a very nice high school cafeteria.  And they made sure you got enough to eat, too.  Back on the ward, we had herbal teas, and pretzels, and fruit yogurt cups, cold white milk, and graham crackers.  We could have as much of those things as we wanted.  Each patient also got a HUGE plastic mug...almost a jug...to keep ice water in.  We were always encouraged to drink a LOT of water.

I belong to a bipolar support group, and yeah, some of those poor souls have been in State and County hospitals, where the food is not as nice.  However, many of the people there are homeless, so at least they are getting "three hots and a cot" and healthcare without having to go to jail.

Offer me sushi anywhere and I am liable to stay.  Hell, I'd make a nuisance of myself :-)

ETA: I actually do applaud Tyler for his renovation skills.  Really rather impressive.

And the anorexics get their own table! 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Tyler wants us to know that he is sexy. He also wants you to leave a comment about how amazing he is.

Someone is asking for his own spinoff.

Yeah he is. 

How much of the work does he actually do, though? It looks like he pays professionals to do the actual work. 

I guess the family reunion show is a bust. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

How much of the work does he actually do, though? It looks like he pays professionals to do the actual work. 

As someone who had to do extensive renovations to her house in 2017, I can say with some authority that just overseeing projects like that with different contractors is a real feat.  

• Love 12

He does realize that there's not a lot of profit in flipping homes if it takes you over a year to finish the renovations, right?

I want the dingy, dirty, & broken homes. 

So many mean thoughts running through my head, instead of saying them I just wanted to point that sentence out to you guys. 

• Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

As someone who had to do extensive renovations to her house in 2017, I can say with some authority that just overseeing projects like that with different contractors is a real feat.  

I have rentals and all the renovations and rehabbing that has been done to them, I never found it to be much work until I was a part of the actual work process such as pulling out carpet, painting, removing drywall, putting in drywall, patching holes, installing window drapes or blinds, hauling shit to the dump, things of that nature. Overlooking a project and having worries about going over a budget and such is mentally stressful at times, but I never felt or let it be known I actually renovated or flipped a home. The people I paid for did the big work and they got the credit whenever people praised the work afterwards. Tyler seems to want credit for work others did when all he did was pay, overlook, and helped do some of the smaller jobs. No legit company would allow Tyler to help them with the actual work as their insurance company would frown upon that if a non-employee got hurt. Tyler did not install those floors. He may have chosen the color, but he did not do the work on installing or refinishing them. Maybe Butch did the floors as he had done the floors on the previous home. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Tyler wants us to know that he is sexy. He also wants you to leave a comment about how amazing he is.

Someone is asking for his own spinoff.

“Flipped” in quotes is the right term. 

• Love 4

I think Tyler does do a bit of the work himself. Out of all the idiots on these shows, he does seem to be one of the more frugal ones. 

I'm gonna hold them to this "forever home" shit, though.

• Love 5