Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I have stated my opinion on this so I’m not going to again... but it is taking EVERYTHING in me to not go on twitter to respond to this. If I thought it would even do an ounce of good I would, but she would just get defensive and her leghumpers would probably track me down and call my job or something... but she probably reads here anyway.

• Love 16

I think that the only "true" version we've seen of Catelynn & Tyler was their 16 & Pregnant episode. Cate with her back & forth agonizing over the adoption, Tyler being a "typical" 17 year old guy who did not want to be saddled with the responsibility, and then their emotion when it came time to hand their baby over actually felt real. Social media was already alive & well when all this shit went down though, so they were immediately showered with "OMG, you two are SO BRAVE, and WONDERFUL, and TYLER IS THE BEST BOYFRIEND EVER & FEELS FEELINGS OMG!!!!!!!". I think that is when their true addiction to fame, and being the epitome of this "wonderful brave couple" manifested itself, and has done nothing but grown into a monster ever since. Everything they do & say, and everything that they've been doing & saying since landing their coveted "Teen Mom" spot feels like they have been reading from a script of what they think they're *supposed* to do & say. Nothing that comes from them feels genuine, and that includes everything from "oh, we're on vacation, cue goofy faces to the camera!", to how they interact with their daughter..."Nova = young baby child = speak to her in high pitched gibberish = everyone will think we're such wonderful parents".  I guess now everyone is supposed to take them seriously though because  they hash tag "mental illness". 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

I have stated my opinion on this so I’m not going to again... but it is taking EVERYTHING in me to not go on twitter to respond to this. If I thought it would even do an ounce of good I would, but she would just get defensive and her leghumpers would probably track me down and call my job or something... but she probably reads here anyway.

I recently got a Twitter account too and this is my constant struggle.

Especially because I use it for work and TM is my dirty little secret...

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

They try to act like it is this righteous town because of the "Christian" university there and being known for Chip and Joanna, but it is terrible. Just putting that out there.

I will always associate Waco with David Koresh before anything else. I've heard of the Gaines, but until now had no idea their show takes place there.

• Love 12

All you ignorant people are the reason why mental health still has this huge stigma around it! #GetEducated #KeepTalkingMH you have NO clue unless you have been through it yourself. Some of you people disgust me

Bitch, you disgust me. Don't tell us about mental health disease. We all know more about it either due to suffering from mental illness or we have dealt with people who have mental issues. I have two children who are dealing with mental disorders so, take your ignorant trailer-trash octagon-shaped ass and take several hundred seats. 

• Love 24

Damn, I hope Catelynn didn't fork over a lot of money for that new phone without social media (whatever that even means).  She doesn't seem to be using it.  She's still wearing out her old phone with multiple posts within about 5 minutes time.  Doesn't she have better stuff to do at 7:30 PM  #remembernova  #goforadamnwalk  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I recently got a Twitter account too and this is my constant struggle.

Especially because I use it for work and TM is my dirty little secret...

This is exactly why I cannot allow myself to give in to my desire & make a Twitter account.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4

Cate's not getting the love she usually gets. Here are some of the comments on her nasty tweets. 

1C.png

1C2.png

1C3.png

1C4.png

1c5.png

14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

We will be seeing this hashtag on Cate's next tweet #HealYourDrainedBrain.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, druzy said:

Cate's not getting the love she usually gets. Here are some of the comments on her nasty tweets. 

1C.png

1C2.png

1C3.png

1C4.png

1c5.png

#keeptalkingaboutmentalhealthonlyifyouagreewithme

• Love 19
23 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" said to Tyler in ALL CAPS, yet she can't even capitalize her afterthought's daughter's name. 

She shows more affection for them on SM than in real life. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

*chewing*

Hold on, guys...I'm gonna make a comment as soon as I finish this sushi roll made to order.  Would it kill this rehab dump to have some ponzu for my sushi?  Just soy sauce?  How am I supposed to recover from my anxiety issues without ponzu sauce?  

*flounces off to the made-to-order stir fry station*

Lol-one million likes for you! 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, happykitteh said:

Fuck you Cait! You are an insult to every person who has had to deal with REAL mental health issues! YOUR behavior on camera is part of the reason mental health issues still have a huge stigma around them. YOU portray the stereotype that those with mental illness are just lazy, don't want to work or take care of their family business at home, are just trying to get attention. You don't show the true everyday struggle of trying your damndest to keep it together for the sake of your kids and family, of actually keeping therapy appointments no matter how inconvenient and how much you don't feel like going. People in the REAL WORLD who actually have mental illness (rather than faking it for a tv show storyline and to get out of doing anything other than eat and sleep) do not have the luxury of lying around like a lazy useless slob whining about our predicament. We don't get to run away to a spa and braid horse tails, get manicures and eat gourmet meals. Nope, we do outpatient therapy because unless we are TRULY suicidal or a danger to others our insurance won't pay for inpatient treatment - and even then it's at the local hospital, which while not like a One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest type environment, is far cry from your pampered indulgent "rehab". People in the REAL WORLD still have to care for our children, go to work and pray every day we can actually make it through the day without a breakdown, pray we aren't fired if we need to take a medical leave cuz while that would be illegal companies can always find a reason to get rid of you if they consider you a burden. Did I also mention that those of us who have to use insurance for our treatment have limits on how many therapy appt we get every year?? YOU are the one who has no idea what mental illness is really like, what trying to cope with it is really like when you don't get free "treatment" at a spa pretending to be a mental heath facility, when you don't have a husband who doesn't work and has the time to take on the burden of being a single parent while working full time. Shut your stupid, fucking uneducated mouth and don't you DARE try to tell us about mental illness when you don't even have a clue, you fake ass whining lazy bitch!

@happykitteh- I want to put your post on a plaque and send it to Cate. But she's too lazy to read and would use it as a platter for her 7 point quesadilla.

Cate is a miserable, self centered bitch! 

• Love 15

How pissed do you think Cate and Amber are over Mariah Carey's public disclosure today (Wed) that she was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder?

They can't get out of bed because Mariah stole the spotlight by announcing HER own battle and it has ruined their day!

MC hasn't run off to a spa or jel ( heehee) that I know of, and she co-parents her six year old twins with her ex. (I know she has nannies and other people who work for her, but she hasn't run away from her parental duties unlike C&A.)

How long until either one of those losers (Tyler the Martyr included) try to Tweet MC and offer to "join together to fight to end the stigma?"

Oh my god, I will laugh so hard if that actually happens.

Should we take bets/guesses?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

How pissed do you think Cate and Amber are over Mariah Carey's public disclosure today (Wed) that she was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder?

They can't get out of bed because Mariah stole the spotlight by announcing HER own battle and it has ruined their day!

MC hasn't run off to a spa or jel ( heehee) that I know of, and she co-parents her six year old twins with her ex. (I know she has nannies and other people who work for her, but she hasn't run away from her parental duties unlike C&A.)

How long until either one of those losers (Tyler the Martyr included) try to Tweet MC and offer to "join together to fight to end the stigma?"

Oh my god, I will laugh so hard if that actually happens.

Should we take bets/guesses?

• Love 14

Mariah Carey and Britney Spears are great examples of how you can have severe mental illness and get off the couch.  Instead of applauding them with her vanity MH hashtag, she should learn how they’re able to have productive and fruitful lives. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, druzy said:

I feel fine saying this after many of us shared our thoughts that Lux is an ugly baby — am I the only one who wonders if Nova has dwarfism or something? Her dimensions always seem off to me. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I feel fine saying this after many of us shared our thoughts that Lux is an ugly baby — am I the only one who wonders if Nova has dwarfism or something? Her dimensions always seem off to me. 

I hadn’t thought it before, but I saw this picture right after watching My Little Life and the similarities in her proportions to those of the women on the show was noticeable. Still, I would think that’s something doctors would have noticed by now, and I don’t think even Catelynn and Tyler are dumb enough to try to hide a physical difference that obvious.

Nova does seem a little “off” to me but I’m not sure how much is actually a disability vs. just a profound lack of nurture/stimulation. Her shrieking and extremely poor articulation do need to be dealt with ASAP. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think the poor kid inherited the alien head of her father and the fivehead of her mother. Hopefully she will grow into her head size. (I say this a person who was 3/4 head as a baby; it was a wonder that I didn't topple over. I did have some trouble keeping my head upright.) 

Edited by MargeGunderson
How did I forget Cate's fivehead?
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I'm at work so I can't play that Dr Oz video - so it looks like he is promoting coloring and standing with your eyes closed to treat mental illness?  Good to know.

#natural ways

Barf.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think Lux is adorable but that just my opinion which admittedly seems to be in the minority.

I think Novalee looks a little bit like Tuesday Weld in the snap Tyler posted.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think the poor kid inherited the alien head of her father and the fivehead of her mother. Hopefully she will grow into her head size. (I say this a person who was 3/4 head as a baby; it was a wonder that I didn't topple over. I did have some trouble keeping my head upright.) 

Carly truly is the lucky one because aside from being placed for adoption,  she managed to not inherit Cate's unfortunate head shape.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, druzy said:

What a poet. He's talking about Cate.

Is he talking about himself, or Cate's feelings about quesadillas?

4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Does Cate actually think she is on the same level as Mariah Carey?

The only thing she has in common with Mariah, is she probably wouldn't undress before getting into a bath either. Mariah didn't disrobe because she was being filmed for Cribs. Cate wouldn't because....Cate. 

• Love 11

Hey Tyler? If you're referring to romantic relationships, those also require having some sort of physical attraction to the person you're in the relationship with, otherwise it is what we commoners call a "friendship"...but please, keep educating us about your duties, responsibilities & dedication. Sounds like a dream relationship to me! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thx for the image of the tweet. I don’t use the Twitter, but I love that she’s trying to get Mariah to join in on her latest passion project.

I cannot believe she used the pronoun “we” in her tweet. Actually, I can. 

What I can’t believe is that she thinks simply writing/tweeting/saying the words “keep talking” will end the stigma on its own. Sadly, we’re not at Hogwarts (yet!) and “Keep Talking” isn’t a spell to “cure” mental health symptoms nor will it “cure” the people who get help and actually put in the work.

Everything about that pink haired troll is a joke. She was told to get a phone without social media access when she came home. Phones are an addiction themselves, so what does she do? She adds to the regression of her “treatment” by engaging in a vice that facilitates her ability to further isolate herself from the real world instead of interacting with reality, such as participating in any type of aftercare or teaching her toddler to talk. The minute she said that bit about “no social media”, I shouted “yeah right! How’s that working out for you?” to my TV. 

We know they think they’re killing it in the parenting/adulting department, but I watched that video of Nova way too many times to admit out loud because I had no clue what she was saying. (Where were the subtitles?) I am baffled that C&T are able to understand her at all, but I suppose they know what she is saying because they’re Tyler is around her a lot. 

I heard “thank you hundred dollars mom.” Cate parrots back, as usual, instead of asking Nova “What are you going to do with that hundred dollars? Tell me about your ideas. I’ll write them down and you draw the pictures. We will do this together.” 

Instead, we just saw Cate bribe her kid “to go away” on social media. 

Questions I still have:

1. Did Nova really get $100? If so, why?

2. Was Nova doing a mini potty dance or was it me?

These people!!!

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Mariah was hospitalized for a time after she had an alleged "breakdown" (some sources called it "exhaustion," but I think everyone knew) in 2001-2002ish (around the time Glitter happened).  But I think she went to a legit hospital (like Britney going to the mental ward at Cedars or UCLA - I forget which - in 2007, for example) rather than months at the spa.  Mariah was back performing, recording, etc pretty soon after.  I don't think she disappeared for a quarter of the year or more, but even if she had, she didn't have children back then & I think would have enough self-awareness to realize that *normal* people cannot just go away for an entire season without losing their jobs, homes, cars, etc....and that said, I don't think Mariah has always been the most self-aware celebrity & is all about her own diva-status....but even 2001-2002 Mariah would have known that 3 months of the year at a spa for mental health treatment was a damn luxury for the average person.

Mariah & Britney also got back to work pretty soon after their "breakdowns" because they needed something to do.  Britney's dad said in the documentary Britney: For the Record, that he & her doctors encouraged her to go back to dance classes and recording just so she'd have some structure & something to occupy her mind & body.  He said if she couldn't be with her sons, the only other thing she seemed to enjoy was working.  He said at the time, they weren't even thinking of it becoming an album/tour/comeback or anything (some of those songs made it onto the Circus album).  While people have criticized the conservatorship going on for so long & Britney working non-stop since her "comeback,"  I actually think, at least in the immediate years after her breakdown, that her dad, doctors, and producers saved her life by encouraging her to go back to the work that she once loved and providing set schedules and goals for her by working.  It's probably what helped Mariah keep it together so well for so long, too. 

GET A JOB (even volunteering!) AND SET SCHEDULE, CATELYNN! I cannot express how much that has helped so many people with mental health challenges, like Britney (and me)!  Stay busy.  Leave your house sometimes (and not for the spa or TV appearances). Set small goals.  Keep quiet about them.  Smash them.  Keep going. 

Also, while granted social media wasn’t so prevalent at the time that both Britney and Mariah went through their breakdowns neith of them posted incessantly about their issues in fact neither has posted much since then (in regards specifically to mental health issues), nor do they now portray themselves as experts, and they definitly didn’t do so while still in the thick of it.

You make a good point that both Britney and Mariah have other things going on in their lives... if you think about it Cates whole life is based around mental health issues, outside of this we really don’t know much about her thoughts or interests. Even Tyler expresses other interest like home improvement. Even going through their public presence since 16 and pregnant... Cates storylines always somehow relate back to her issues. I’m kinda just noticing this pattern I really can’t think of anything Cate has ever expressed interest in that isn’t somehow based on either her trying to be an expert related to various mental health issues (ie adoption) or her trauma. I’m not saying she can’t or shouldn’t talk about those things but I am having trouble thinking of something else. Even the clothing line, it doesn’t seem like she has much real interest in it, I think it’s more Tyler’s thing and she tags along with it.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Tyler knows best...

12.png

What?  Keeping your family together is important?  This advice from the person with three kids by three different baby daddies?  Not sure that's who I'd be seeking advice from.  (Not that he was seeking it. This is Kail - it was unsolicited.)

• Love 19
On 4/9/2018 at 1:24 PM, Kokapetl said:

And the anorexics get their own table! 

And sit with a staff monitor. No getting up. They monitor everything. I had a bulimic for a roomie and she got our bathroom door taken down! Oh and they thought it was me! Nope 88 pounds and a restrictor (at the time.) 

On 4/10/2018 at 7:09 AM, leighroda said:

I don’t have time for alcohol poisoning.

Just once. I had to go to the hospital after 2 drinks!  

On 4/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, GreatKazu said:

Someone had mentioned this being the possibility a few weeks back. It hardly works for ordinary people who truly suffer from mental issues. The system is making it harder for people to get disability. How can Cate explain away not having any mental issues whatsoever when she is on vacation or when the MTV cameras are not around? We never hear or read any tweets from her or Ty about her having any meltdowns or anxiety except when the cameras are filming a new season. 

@CaliforniaLove Exactly. 

My teenage son mentioned to me the other day, "I am sorry you have to get up early in the morning to take me to school." Say what???? I informed him that it does not bother me in the least to take him to school (yes, I admit I love the days I can sleep in until 9 a.m. - not 11:30 a.m. like Maci) and it is something I look forward to each and every day. Although I am scared at times due to the violence that is happening on campuses across our country, I try and think positive and feel comfortable that I taught my son what to do in the event of any sort of violence that might occur. I told him being a parent it is what I love the most and as hard as it is at times, I am thankful for waking up every morning to do this job. 

I went back to back once. First to the treatment center for PTS, major anxiety and situational depression. They sent me before my major surgery because I had a huge breakdown and after to keep me in line. Luckily my kid was a preteen and understood why. 

After all this the court did not grant me SSD. 

• Love 5

Two things. One. Cate does not need an animal to care for. Put it down now Cate!  

Two. You know the marriage is coming to an end when you put extra effort to profess your love publicly. Not that they are celebrities but how many celebrity marriages have ended not long after these types of public displays?  Will they consciously uncouple?  Or lovingly separate?  Or continue to pretend they want to be married?  Lol

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Stusan said:

What?  Keeping your family together is important?  This advice from the person with three kids by three different baby daddies?  Not sure that's who I'd be seeking advice from.  (Not that he was seeking it. This is Kail - it was unsolicited.)

Yes, the irony of KAILYN LOWRY finger wagging OTHER PEOPLE who don't keep their families together is too rich for words.

Physician, heal thyself.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, leighroda said:

Also, while granted social media wasn’t so prevalent at the time that both Britney and Mariah went through their breakdowns neith of them posted incessantly about their issues in fact neither has posted much since then (in regards specifically to mental health issues), nor do they now portray themselves as experts, and they definitly didn’t do so while still in the thick of it.

You make a good point that both Britney and Mariah have other things going on in their lives... if you think about it Cates whole life is based around mental health issues, outside of this we really don’t know much about her thoughts or interests. Even Tyler expresses other interest like home improvement. Even going through their public presence since 16 and pregnant... Cates storylines always somehow relate back to her issues. I’m kinda just noticing this pattern I really can’t think of anything Cate has ever expressed interest in that isn’t somehow based on either her trying to be an expert related to various mental health issues (ie adoption) or her trauma. I’m not saying she can’t or shouldn’t talk about those things but I am having trouble thinking of something else. Even the clothing line, it doesn’t seem like she has much real interest in it, I think it’s more Tyler’s thing and she tags along with it.

The only thing I’ve seen Cate interested in besides her 7-point quesadilla are tattoos. But I think her love for tattoos is more of a poser thing than an interest. I totally side-eyed her when she said “getting a tattoo is like an escape for me” okay, Maci-wannabe. 

For once I’d like to see an episode where Cate is being filmed taking a local art class or glass blowing. It would be cute to see her run into her octagon house with a huge grin on her face to show Tyler her glass horse she made for Nova. He’d probably see a light around her and fall back in love with her. Now I’m just thinking far-fetched. I just wish she would try a bit harder on herself because she can’t be happy the way she’s living. Adopting horses and birds isn’t going to help her - she needs to adopt herself a new identity outside of #keeptalkingmh

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 15
On 4/11/2018 at 12:12 PM, druzy said:

1C.png

1C2.png

1C3.png

1C4.png

1c5.png

Catelynn wouldn't have a drained brain if she would get rid of her season pass to Boogie Town and burn that fast pass to Weedland.

• Love 4