Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

What is this “flipping” shit? You didn’t flip any of your houses. Your sister and father turned your first house into hillbilly meth heaven.  Who knows what family member is now living in the second house - which was a modular that you had to do over all the renovations because you didn’t know what you were doing.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

What is this “flipping” shit? You didn’t flip any of your houses. Your sister and father turned your first house into hillbilly meth heaven.  Who knows what family member is now living in the second house - which was a modular that you had to do over all the renovations because you didn’t know what you were doing.

That's right. Tyler had to bring in contractors after his Mickey Mouse rehabbing didn't come out as he expected. He ended up paying more money to re-do those floors. Butch was the one doing the floors. Tyler didn't want to spend more money than he had to. He was there trying to keep Catelynn from giving her ideas on what she wanted and he had to remind her of their budget. Remember that episode of The Newlyweds when Nick and his brother went to Home Depot and bought all that sod and other stuff for his barren yard? After a while he had to call a labor company, which didn't work out either. He finally had to hire a contractor who specialized in that sort of thing. 

• Love 11

Honest, real, and raw?  If you want those things, you have to look to the Internet where the real truth comes out about these people.

If you want cover-ups galore and producers gushing over everyone's "accomplishments," this show is the place to be.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tyler retweeted this:

Of course she's running back to her spa. Why should she try to do any after care or talk to a doctor about modifying her medication when she could take another mini vacation on someone else's dime?

• Love 18

As someone who spent six weeks in an outpatient mental health treatment clinic sponsored by an area hospital, I can say that is the most unrealistic portrayal of anxiety and mental illness that I've ever seen. What Catelynn and Tyler said in that video posted above sounded so rehearsed and scripted. Catelynn's problem is that she's pond scum, pure  and simple. 

• Love 24

Catelynn Lowell: My adoption counselor got an email that said MTV was looking for girls between the age of 15 and 17, who were pregnant, and who were considering adoption. [My then-boyfriend, now husband] Tyler was like, "Hey, we should try this." He’s the one who filled the application out. When we found out [MTV wanted us for the show], the reason we said yes was because we were the only parents choosing adoption. I remember I told Tyler, "Young people need to know what adoption looks like these days and how it works." We agreed if it ever ended up turning into, like, some scripted, they-just-want-drama show, we would have quit.  

Sure, Jan. You are still with the show because without it, you'd be crying over Tyler having left your trashy ass. Not to mention you and Tyler are famewhores. That quote comes from this article which goes into a lot of the behind-the-scenes with comments from each of the girls, producers and MJ Freeman. https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a9571968/teen-mom-oral-history-mtv-16-pregnant/

• Love 18
On 4/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, CofCinci said:

Yep. If you notice in the clip, he has to use the lint brush. Probably from all the dog hair and debris. 

Why can’t Catelynn help? “My depression and anxiety.”  He posts all these videos so we can see how much HE does and how little she does. He loves his Superman Role.  

Batman. Tyler is a huge Batman fanatic.

We should take a drink every time Catelynn mentions depression, anxiety, and trauma.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, meredithalmighty said:

As someone who spent six weeks in an outpatient mental health treatment clinic sponsored by an area hospital, I can say that is the most unrealistic portrayal of anxiety and mental illness that I've ever seen. What Catelynn and Tyler said in that video posted above sounded so rehearsed and scripted. Catelynn's problem is that she's pond scum, pure  and simple.

You hang in there, sister.  I had "IOP" (intensive outpatient) after I was hospitalized, and it was even harder work than when I was in.  It takes a lot of gumption and strength to get yourself up every day and to an outpatient program.

I can't stop looking at the website for Catelynn's Spa.  And that is what it seems like to me...a spa.  Are they so busy being pampered that they fail to do the very hard work that is involved in managing your addiction/mental illness?  All of it seems to be just a lot of distractions to me.  When I was in the hospital, a couple of the other patients told me that they try to discharge you as soon as they can for two reasons: 1) insurance likes it that way; and 2) the sooner you get back out into your life and figuring out what you're going to do next, the better.  The hospital was, at least for me, crisis management, and only that.  Get me in so I am safe, so others are safe, get me stabilized, get me some rest, and get me to my regular shrink ASAP.  Catelynn's Spa must be drastically different.  Jealous, am I?  HELL YES.  It looks like a fabulous place.  Would it be the best place for me to do the hard work of getting well?  Pardon me...I'll answer as soon as I am done with chewing this yellowtail roll with ponzu sauce.

• Love 21

I wonder if Cate is angling to get a full social security mental disability from these stays.  A week long visit to a real mental health facility was what qualified me , although this was many years ago I'm in Michigan and not that much has changed. 

I'm speculating but around here a lot of people get disabilities, sometimes you'll see parents, their kids and grandkids all get it somehow. If this is something Cate grew up around then it would be normal to get a check the rest of your life.

She might be outsmarting us all with her retirement plan. Take that Amber!

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, citychic said:

I wonder if Cate is angling to get a full social security mental disability from these stays.  A week long visit to a real mental health facility was what qualified me , although this was many years ago I'm in Michigan and not that much has changed. 

I'm speculating but around here a lot of people get disabilities, sometimes you'll see parents, their kids and grandkids all get it somehow. If this is something Cate grew up around then it would be normal to get a check the rest of your life.

That *is* an intriguing idea. Although I suffered from pretty severe depression in my early 20s (and in my mid 30s), I was always reluctant (to the point of putting myself in danger, probably) to do inpatient treatment because I felt it would always count against me. I used to think of myself like a radiator (in a car). Once the radiator blew, you couldn't fix it anymore. I thought if I gave in to submitting to inpatient treatment that would be my blowing point and everything else associated with it would just cancel me out.

Now that is for sure depressed person thinking, but also I didn't really have the option to leave my life, go to treatment for any number of weeks and then just pick up again where I left off. I would have lost my job, my home, my car. I would have had to go and then start again from scratch. That's a very real barrier to getting treatment. Instead I invested a good portion of my income into private weekly therapy, and it was a struggle financially even though I realize that I was financially privileged to be able to do that.

I do feel like Cate is seriously depressed, and coming back from that is long, hard, difficult work. But you have to start where you are. Your home, your family, you have to learn to negotiate those fields and when you start to feel happiness again, it's so helpful to have them be the people you're feeling happiness with again. It almost seems like their home and Tyler and Nova are a trigger for her. She sees them and they make her think of all the negative things she's been through and felt in that home. I wonder if she wants to move and all of Tyler's recent posts about their "forever home" are a reaction to that.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, happykitteh said:

I, too, have anxiety and panic attacks but I went to an actual therapist and learned through cognitive therapy techniques how to manage it since I didn't have the luxury of lying around and feeling sorry for myself. I had a kid to raise, a job, a husband with a career and a house to take of.

You go, Kitteh.  Does Cate follow up her spa visits with an actual therapist there in her town?  I know that I was not allowed to leave my inpatient until I had a psychiatrist visit lined up, a therapist visit lined up, and a commitment to doing IOP.

We are what living with mental illness REALLY looks like.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, citychic said:

Someone had mentioned this being the possibility a few weeks back. It hardly works for ordinary people who truly suffer from mental issues. The system is making it harder for people to get disability. How can Cate explain away not having any mental issues whatsoever when she is on vacation or when the MTV cameras are not around? We never hear or read any tweets from her or Ty about her having any meltdowns or anxiety except when the cameras are filming a new season. 

He always acts like being a husband/father is like going to war. Yes, everyone has "duties & responsibilities" when it comes to relationships & kids, but do either of them realize that it's also supposed to be somewhat enjoyable?

@CaliforniaLove Exactly. 

My teenage son mentioned to me the other day, "I am sorry you have to get up early in the morning to take me to school." Say what???? I informed him that it does not bother me in the least to take him to school (yes, I admit I love the days I can sleep in until 9 a.m. - not 11:30 a.m. like Maci) and it is something I look forward to each and every day. Although I am scared at times due to the violence that is happening on campuses across our country, I try and think positive and feel comfortable that I taught my son what to do in the event of any sort of violence that might occur. I told him being a parent it is what I love the most and as hard as it is at times, I am thankful for waking up every morning to do this job. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

The system is making it harder for people to get disability. How can Cate explain away not having any mental issues whatsoever when she is on vacation or when the MTV cameras are not around? We never hear or read any tweets from her or Ty about her having any meltdowns or anxiety except when the cameras are filming a new season. 

Cate will smugly take out her phone and show the social security caseworker clips from Teen Mom that include Cate saying I've contemplated 1000 ways to kill myself and various other clips telling people she is depressed. Then to back up the clips she will call KiKi and get a recording that the number she is trying to reach is no longer in service. When Cate is denied benefits she will call the case worker an ignorant hater.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

Cate will smugly take out her phone and show the social security caseworker clips from Teen Mom that include Cate saying I've contemplated 1000 ways to kill myself and various other clips telling people she is depressed. Then to back up the clips she will call KiKi and get a recording that the number she is trying to reach is no longer in service. When Cate is denied benefits she will call the case worker an ignorant hater.

I want to watch this happen. Finally, something worth watching regarding Cate. 

• Love 5
On 4/7/2018 at 5:08 PM, druzy said:

Click on the arrow.

Who is going to clean all of those windows?

Why does this turd have to remind us every five seconds that his farmhouse is octagon shaped? First of all, I got it the first time.  Second, I have eyes and know what an octagon looks like (because kindergarten).  Maybe we should all be hastagging our social media posts about our home projects like this since apparently it's important to remind people of the shapes of buildings. #rectangularcondo  #Lshapedhouse #squareoffice

I get it, Tyler. You're a super special snowflake with a super special snowflake octagon-shaped house.  It was neat and interesting the first few times you told us about it. Now? Not so much.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:13 AM, druzy said:

Tyler wants us to know that he is sexy. He also wants you to leave a comment about how amazing he is.

Someone is asking for his own spinoff.

"My passion project is      social "working"      EMT      writing a novel      a spin-off about reuniting families     a clothing line      a home improvement spin-off.      Okay, so honestly, my real passion project is making myself the center of attention & adulation while not seeing things through or getting real education & training."                  

- Tyler

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, druzy said:

guys...omg...I *can't.*  "so what're you going to do now?'

"ride Callie..and..go to therapy and work on myself and...teach Nova to ride Callie."

what do most people do after rehab?  um, probs go back to their  JOBS that they're grateful to still have, that they can't decide to leave again a week later, and take care of their kids that they probably missed to death the entire time, and put what they learned to the test and...

also?  screaming LAY IN YOUR SPOT AND GO TO SLEEP is probably not very soothing to a three year old.

Cate doesn't deserve Nova (she fucking THANKED her for coming home, and then what does she do?  see ya!  peace out!)

and another thing!  she was barely around for filming, which is her job, yes?  is that okay w/everyone? and didn't she actually go back & forth three times?  like she was home at Christmas for a day and relapsed or something?  am I remembering this correctly? if so, they should've showed THAT.

I'm seriously angry at this woman I've never met...LOL

• Love 21

Tyler can't honestly believe he will still own that 1869 Octogan Home after the MTV money train ends!  He will have to sell it so he can make ends meet....he better hang on to the house Butch is living in because he will be lucky he can afford that in 10 years.  

• Love 10

Did someone ask for a timeline of Cate's Spa Vacations? Well you're getting one anyway. If anyone would like to fill in the gaps please do.

March 15, 2016 Cate leaves a cryptic Instagram message:

Tyler asks us to pray for his wife

On April 15 (please forgive me in advance) Tyler picks Cate up from the spa and shows off his spa view, shirtless. This is the time Cate made Tyler pick her up at midnight.

April 23, 2016 Cate is drinking and Tyler thinks it's funny

She goes back to the spa November 17, 2017. Returns home December 29, 2017. Goes back January 17, 2018. Returns home 3 days early to film the reunion.  

How long until Cate goes back to the spa?

time1.png

time2.png

time3.png

• Love 10
On 4/9/2018 at 11:22 AM, GreatKazu said:

I have rentals and all the renovations and rehabbing that has been done to them, I never found it to be much work until I was a part of the actual work process such as pulling out carpet, painting, removing drywall, putting in drywall, patching holes, installing window drapes or blinds, hauling shit to the dump, things of that nature. Overlooking a project and having worries about going over a budget and such is mentally stressful at times, but I never felt or let it be known I actually renovated or flipped a home. The people I paid for did the big work and they got the credit whenever people praised the work afterwards. Tyler seems to want credit for work others did when all he did was pay, overlook, and helped do some of the smaller jobs. No legit company would allow Tyler to help them with the actual work as their insurance company would frown upon that if a non-employee got hurt. Tyler did not install those floors. He may have chosen the color, but he did not do the work on installing or refinishing them. Maybe Butch did the floors as he had done the floors on the previous home. 

That clipboard won’t hold itself, so he’s got to step up and do HIS part! ?

• Love 9
12 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

He always acts like being a husband/father is like going to war. Yes, everyone has "duties & responsibilities" when it comes to relationships & kids, but do either of them realize that it's also supposed to be somewhat enjoyable?

As Chris Rock says about men who brag about things:

“Yo, yo, yo, I ain’t never been to jail!”

”You’re not supposed to go to jail!”

“Yo, yo, yo, I take care of my kids!”

”You’re supposed to take care of your kids! What do you want? A cookie?”

• Love 21

From Jeff Foxworthy:

Whatever cleaning goes on on the planet, women do 99% of it. But see, women are not as proud of their 99% as men are of our one! We clean something up, we're gonna talk about it all year long. It might be on the news, you don't know. A woman could be out re-paving the driveway. Men actually have enough gall to run out on the porch and go "Hey baby? Man, it's hot as hell out here, ain't it! Look, don't worry about emptyin' that ashtray in the den, I done got it, all right? Did it for you, sweet pea. I'm gonna go take a nap now, all right?"

• Love 20
2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

#baltierrafarm

I wonder if Tyler imagines Casa de Crunch Wrap will be the next Magnolia Farms?

In his dreams! Haha! It IS funny to think about him fancying himself as an HGTV-DIY-lifestyle blogger though. 

I wonder if he’s called the Property Brothers yet and asked about joining their team....

He’s too much of a sinner for Chip & Joanna Gaines to work with, plus they just ended their show, so they’re of zero use to him!

Did you guys know the Gaines peeps are Fundy-Lite? The Duggar kids are obsessed with everything Magnolia & Waco and I never put it all together until a few days ago when someone on a Duggar thread informed me.

I was living under one huge rock, undoubtedly!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Someone had mentioned this being the possibility a few weeks back. It hardly works for ordinary people who truly suffer from mental issues. The system is making it harder for people to get disability. How can Cate explain away not having any mental issues whatsoever when she is on vacation or when the MTV cameras are not around? We never hear or read any tweets from her or Ty about her having any meltdowns or anxiety except when the cameras are filming a new season. 

@CaliforniaLove Exactly. 

My teenage son mentioned to me the other day, "I am sorry you have to get up early in the morning to take me to school." Say what???? I informed him that it does not bother me in the least to take him to school (yes, I admit I love the days I can sleep in until 9 a.m. - not 11:30 a.m. like Maci) and it is something I look forward to each and every day. Although I am scared at times due to the violence that is happening on campuses across our country, I try and think positive and feel comfortable that I taught my son what to do in the event of any sort of violence that might occur. I told him being a parent it is what I love the most and as hard as it is at times, I am thankful for waking up every morning to do this job. 

Is your son available for guest lectures to the teenagers who are in my classroom next school year? 

In all seriousness, from a teacher to a parent, and to everyone else out there whose kiddos are just like YoungManKazu, (public or home schooled) they are guaranteed to be bright spots in someone’s day, whether it’s at the movies or zoo or library or at a birthday party, they are kind and thoughtful because that’s how you raised them. THANK YOU! 

It only takes one great student who is kind to make a teacher’s day - you have no idea! 

I know I mentioned Cate or Amber being eligible for state benefits, but maybe someone else did and I missed it? At least in Calif (as some of my “neighbors” here know), one cannot receive benefits from the state and also earn a paycheck. From what limited info I know about SS and disability benefits, C & A wouldn’t qualify out here. They’ve managed to get out of bed for publicly documented vacations & work trips, and it’s pubkic knowledge that they’re taking RXs & (allegedly) seeing a therapist. 

As a teacher, we get pink slipped each spring and it sucks. Unemployment benefits/money dept. requires you to look for work & it’s not odd to get a phone interview to see how you’re coming along. Unemployment money is available for a maximum of two years, as long as ppl continue to look for work.

What really pissed me off one summer was when I found out one that a few teachers I knew ended up getting pregnant. They had a plan: have a baby, stay home with baby for a few years, and still collect their Unemployment money. These were women with successful husbands who earned six figures and owned gorgeous homes.

They had money deposited every two weeks into an account that was accessible by a state issued debit card. It can be used anywhere for anything, from Amazon to a gas station to buying plane tickets.

I understand that they were legally entitled to the money, but I believe (as someone who owns an official Love Trumps Hate shirt) that the social services system is meant to help those who need it, not those who can survive without out it. It made me so angry due to the sheer principle of what these people did - and then TOLD people about. 

• Love 7

Why does this turd have to remind us every five seconds that his farmhouse is octagon shaped?

To get his mind off his octagon-shaped wife. 

@druzy you rock with your timelines! I promise you, when you are no longer on this planet, I will pick up your computer hard drive and have it burned to a crisp. :-)

@Snarky McSnarky lol  OMG that is extremely funny and true! Reminds me of my spouse who tells me, "I made the bed, honey." In my mind I am thinking, "I made the bed 300 times this year without ever mentioning it to you." 

@Bridget Chris Rock is my man. He is always on point! I watch all of his specials. I'd pay good money to have him handle these jerks on the show. Except Gary, Kristina, Cole and Chelsea. Imagine what he would tell Amber about her prison stint? 

Thank you for the lovely comment. I have teachers praising my son all the time and how they wish they had a classroom filled with students like him. Just today, his teacher gave him ten extra points on an assignment because he PRINTED it rather than typed it out. That teacher loves his penmanship. I have always instilled in my son the importance of respecting his teachers. I have told him that many of them are single parents, some are dealing with health issues, they are not paid what they deserve, they may go to school in a bad mood because they might be dealing with a crisis at home or having personal problems, basically teachers are human. His former home teacher (when he was being home tutored for four months) told him how he deals with many ratchet students and sometimes dreads going to work, but he so looked forward to coming to our home to teach our son.

I mentioned this to you before, but it can't ever be mentioned enough, THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DO!! Such a noble profession. There is not enough praise I can give you. :-) 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" said to Tyler in ALL CAPS, yet she can't even capitalize her afterthought's daughter's name. 

Damn, she's gonna be blinded by all that light AND sunshine?! lol.

@druzy thanks for your timelines. I've said it before, but: you are doing God's work. Well, maybe not *God.*

But some sort of reality television deity.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

No! Stop blaming the (fake) miscarriage! This shit has been happening for years now. Put the blame squarely on Cate's shoulders. She is responsible for this mess.

Cate telling Tyler he should divorce her is just another manipulation tactic just like the fake pregnancy. 

My 14 year old even called that with the divorce thing “aaand that’s how she gets to go without him voicing his disapproval. Huge guilt trip.”

19 hours ago, happykitteh said:

Exactly. It was a passive aggressive threat. Cait is doing to her daughter what her parents did to her and what she claims has her so fucked up - she's abandoning her!! I don't for one second buy the miscarriage excuse. I don't buy the traumatic childhood excuse. Many people have survived much, much worse and manage to be productive, well adjusted adults. IMO, Cait's problem is she doesn't want to be an adult and deal with the responsibility that entails. She loves the "rehab" centers because she is coddled and catered to there and showered with attention. I, too, have anxiety and panic attacks but I went to an actual therapist and learned through cognitive therapy techniques how to manage it since I didn't have the luxury of lying around and feeling sorry for myself. I had a kid to raise, a job, a husband with a career and a house to take of. Cait doesn't get better because she DOESN'T HAVE TO. She had everyone around her picking up her slack. She needs to find a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders and actually go to her appointments. She doesn't need to be at a treatment center. This could be handled outpatient. I don't think she wants to get better. 

Loved Tyler's WTF face when she said she was going back to the spa. Also loved how he tried to make it about him with the "It must be me, my fault" comment. He's trolling for sympathy with that one.

Cate isn’t interested in getting healthy. If she was she wouldn’t be perpetuating the same emotional abuse. And okay she isn’t healthy yet but she knows all the things her parents did to make her feel the way she does. She kept talking about her inner child feeling this and feeling that so she’s aware enough how parents can affect their kids. Yet she is doing it to her kid.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

This is such a good point. My husband and I actually do post on social media often--usually HAPPY pictures of our baby in different outfits, fun outings, our anniversary dinner, etc. 

Everyone goes through hard times. But if every post about your being a fairly new husband (they haven't been married for 20 years, they're basically newlyweds!) and a dad to a little girl is misery and slog, doubt and despair, and if you consistently use battlefield metaphors to describe your marriage...that's a really bad sign.

I know that's because his relationship is legitimately difficult, but he also parlays it into this narrative of him as a hero conquering all. Dude, you're married and have one little kid, and you don't have a 9-to-5, much less three minimum wage jobs like probably many folks in your community. And neither does your wife. How horrific can your day to day actually be?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

To get his mind off his octagon-shaped wife. 

@druzy you rock with your timelines! I promise you, when you are no longer on this planet, I will pick up your computer hard drive and have it burned to a crisp. :-)

@Snarky McSnarky lol  OMG that is extremely funny and true! Reminds me of my spouse who tells me, "I made the bed, honey." In my mind I am thinking, "I made the bed 300 times this year without ever mentioning it to you." 

@Bridget Chris Rock is my man. He is always on point! I watch all of his specials. I'd pay good money to have him handle these jerks on the show. Except Gary, Kristina, Cole and Chelsea. Imagine what he would tell Amber about her prison stint? 

Thank you for the lovely comment. I have teachers praising my son all the time and how they wish they had a classroom filled with students like him. Just today, his teacher gave him ten extra points on an assignment because he PRINTED it rather than typed it out. That teacher loves his penmanship. I have always instilled in my son the importance of respecting his teachers. I have told him that many of them are single parents, some are dealing with health issues, they are not paid what they deserve, they may go to school in a bad mood because they might be dealing with a crisis at home or having personal problems, basically teachers are human. His former home teacher (when he was being home tutored for four months) told him how he deals with many ratchet students and sometimes dreads going to work, but he so looked forward to coming to our home to teach our son.

I mentioned this to you before, but it can't ever be mentioned enough, THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DO!! Such a noble profession. There is not enough praise I can give you. :-) 

You just did. Thank you. (And tote bags. I ? your tote bags!) 

Chris Rock is THE man, hands down. You and I have to be related somehow. His comedy always makes me laugh, especially the classic “how to lower violence by charging $5k for bullets.” (Damn, he musta done somethin!) 

I wish more parents (no one on this site) thought about teachers the way you have done/do and have also expressed that to their children. I suspect that all of your kids were taught that from an early age too. 

When parents bad mouth teachers, their children mimic their parent(s) and when you mix that up with the battle of how parents model/teach common sense & respect, it can be a struggle. 

I’m also the first one to say that there are many teachers I’ve met over the last 10 years who have no business being in the classroom. Some are mean, some needed to retire five years ago, some simply can’t manage a classroom or even teach content.  It’s not fair to the kids.

When the ratchet ones come to school (damn the school attendance laws! Haha!) I like to call at least three parents of nice, kind students after school, for no other reason other than to compliment their student. When I’ve had a bad day. It’s the best way to leave a bad workday behind you. 

For your youngest one, pls also let him know if any of his teachers are having a bad day, we do work hard to leave it at the door, but like you said, we are human. Just like any possible thing can happen to students during the day or passing periods, and I keep that in mind for someone who might be having an “off day”, we are also susceptible to being in the same boat.

Reasons teachers can appear “off” or cranky:

-chances are that they just sat in a stupid meeting or observation debrief with an administrator/principal. Admin isn’t big on “thank you”, “I appreciate you” or “I like the way you did ....” because they’re robots with no feelings. And those meetings almost always occur during our prep (free) period when we have Xeroxes to make, papers to grade and a bladder to empty!

(Apologies to anyone here who is/was as administrator!)

-A parent called the principal and we allegedly said/did something that was “mean” or “wasn’t fair” to their student (who hates our guts and happens to be failing). Then mom/dad show up and want to meet, without an appointment, because they think they’re VIPs and we work for them.

When we’re not with students, we are either sitting in boring staff meetings or trying to get 182834 things finished...and you know the Xerox machine is always broken or jammed!

That said, it’s the small things (a card or note for no reason) or an email from a parent out of the blue that make the job worth doing. It really doesn’t take much to make the day ten million times better, and it’s often the result of a sincere “thank you” or kind word from a student. 

If I won the lottery tmrw, I’d still be a teacher. The students know which teachers are there for the paycheck and who shows up to work - and that’s what this profession is about: the students. The teacher who shows movies all year long is doing a huge disservice to their students. I know this to be true because I had one of those “teachers” next door to my classroom last year. The 10th graders “learned” about history through movies. Every. Single. Day. 

The students do know now that Ben Affleck isn’t just Batman. He was also in “Pearl Harbor” and “Armageddon.” Apparently “Armageddon” fits into the Common Core History curriculum. Who knew?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

This is such a good point. My husband and I actually do post on social media often--usually HAPPY pictures of our baby in different outfits, fun outings, our anniversary dinner, etc. 

Everyone goes through hard times. But if every post about your being a fairly new husband (they haven't been married for 20 years, they're basically newlyweds!) and a dad to a little girl is misery and slog, doubt and despair, and if you consistently use battlefield metaphors to describe your marriage...that's a really bad sign.

I know that's because his relationship is legitimately difficult, but he also parlays it into this narrative of him as a hero conquering all. Dude, you're married and have one little kid, and you don't have a 9-to-5, much less three minimum wage jobs like probably many folks in your community. And neither does your wife. How horrific can your day to day actually be?

Preach x 2.  

Re the second bolded paragraph, Sweet Jesus, thank you! Tyler is such a drama queen. Emphasis on queen. Tyler is not working, as you pointed out. He doesn't have Nova all day. She is at daycare from 7 a.m. until at least 3 p.m.  He is "flipping" his home by his own choice. His wife and father are away at rehab so, it is not like they are a burden to him. His sister is likely the only one who bothers him from time to time, but even so, Tyler doesn't have the kind of worries or the kind of day that most people have who are in the same situation. He is not paying for either rehab stint. Try relying on insurance to cover your wife's vacation in Arizona. They'd laugh in your face. She wouldn't have the luxury of returning a third time. 

That tweet of Cate's "you haters vows say - in SICKNESS and in health..."  I imagine she yells that to Tyler several times a week to keep him in check and not get any ideas about leaving her. Yeah Cate, you are sick. Sick in the head. She uses mental illness as her crutch to get her attention and sympathy. She is chronically behaving needy. The emotional blackmail is the worst with her claims of wanting to harm herself. 

@leighroda I can't wait for that day to happen. It reminds me of Amber's tweets about how wonderful Matt was and all that shit she was posting. I'd love to tweet all of those to her. 

• Love 12