Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

If I were Lexus’s mom, he would have set visiting hours to see Scarlet....and I’d make damned sure I was home for the visits.

That would mean setting limits and risk not being BFF with your daughter.  Can't have that now can we??

• Love 16
On 9/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Diego always has glimmers of dare I say endearment? cuteness? before reverting back to his asshole self. Holding Emiley's hand/cuddling her in bed while teasing her about farting was borderline sweet, and then he had to immediately ruin it with "I'm done holding her." Ugh.

Tylor (spelling it that way just makes me want to pronounce it like Beyonce saying "surfbordt"): "You can't be a stripper, drunk women will tempt you!" "What if it was a a gay club?" LOL. Also, looks like the cheating issue will come back next week. You never want your girlfriend's dad to confront you about cheating on her while you're jacking a tire.

I know we've all established Max as a smug clinger, but I'm with @ghoulina. Chloe's mom (Jessica?) is annoying as fuck. It's like Kelsey's vanity/immaturity and Shannon's gaslighting had the most obnoxious lovechild imaginable. Kick the kid out of your house if it bothers you he's squatting - you go on and on about how you and your sock puppet husband are the REAL adults, so act like it and take control of your space instead of passively aggressively bitching about it in the THs like the kids you claim to be sooo much more mature than! Don't drive Max away from being in your grandchild's life based on your mood of the hour - he's a loser, but you're psychologically micromanaging every scenario to make sure he fails before he even tries. For weeks, Jessica's sole reason for living has been to endlessly obsess over banning Max from the baby shower, which Max genuinely wants to attend (an enthusiasm which I'd encourage, given every other dead eyed apathetic teen dad). But no, Ol' Princess and the BabyDaddy Pea CANNOT tolerate one hour of his presence and arbitrary selects...preventing involved fatherhood?...as the hill she wants to die on. She gets her way and then has the nerve to immediately shit talk him in front of the family when he doesn't show up in his allotted, weirdly segregated timeslot. Jessica is exhausting and will make Chloe miserable until she dumps Max or gets full custody.

Kelsey is choosing to hyperfixate on Lexus' attraction to girls in a not-so-subtle effort to convince her to dump Shayden and embrace lesbianism as a form of birth control (take notes, McKayla's family!) Honey, that ship has kind of sailed. Also, she does understand that bisexuals can be monogamous and still into other genders, right? Apparently not. She's losing points with me for co-opting Lexus' bisexuality for her own personal agenda and implying that she needs to "choose." Stale and dusty biphobic argument to foist upon your 16-year-old!

Agree!!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That would mean setting limits and risk not being BFF with your daughter.  Can't have that now can we??

That's interesting, I've never interpreted Kelsey as one of those moms who's desperate to be cool or BFFs with their kid. I think she's just too oblivious and emotionally stunted to set parenting boundaries for Lexus. Lexus has no limits or authority figure because Kelsey is psychologically frozen in time around age 15/16 when she had Lexus. It's not because Kelsey wants Lexus' approval, it's because she's stuck in the teen mindset herself, which is why they bicker like sisters and Kelsey can't seem to muster up actual discipline beyond "you need to stop because you're really annoying me."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Is tonight  (Sunday Sept 23rd ) the last episode of the season? I don't see it listed next week. If so then WTF? Do we not get to see Chloe and Max take care of there kid. I want to see Chloe  (I know what I am doing and a baby won't change my life) and max (I will get up every 2 hours)

I have said it here before, too much damn time spent on drama beforehand. Need to show and focus on life AFTER the baby. To show how is changes everyone's life.

Anyone know is this is season finale?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Poohbear617 said:

Anyone know is this is season finale?

I searched but couldn't find anything.  I wonder if they are going to drag Max & Chloe into a Season 3.  Seems McKayla has secured her spot on Season 3 with baby #2 (I'm not sure I believe her saying she's done with the show). Maybe Lexus will be securing her spot by declaring herself bisexual, rekindling a relationship with Lily (they have showed her picture so I wonder if she's going to show up at some point), while getting pregnant with #2 with Shayden.

They haven't reached bottom yet but all that could do it.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

That's interesting, I've never interpreted Kelsey as one of those moms who's desperate to be cool or BFFs with their kid. I think she's just too oblivious and emotionally stunted to set parenting boundaries for Lexus. Lexus has no limits or authority figure because Kelsey is psychologically frozen in time around age 15/16 when she had Lexus. It's not because Kelsey wants Lexus' approval, it's because she's stuck in the teen mindset herself, which is why they bicker like sisters and Kelsey can't seem to muster up actual discipline beyond "you need to stop because you're really annoying me."

You are very correct, I do agree with you about Kelsey.  I do think a lot of these moms are borderline afraid of their kids.  Not in a "He is gonna stab me in my sleep" way but a "geez I can't uspet their apple cart",kinda way.

• Love 5

What's with the damned baby walkers?  They were banned in Canada more than a decade ago, after one too many babies went headfirst down a staircase.  You know these nitwit children aren't watching their children closely when they use them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, PityFree said:

THIS!  It would’ve been nice if all the money they have to spend on a new baby could’ve been directed toward getting her some orthodontia.  It’s not just cosmetic either —that jaw and horrid underbite are going to cause her serious pain and other issues when she’s older.  She also needs to have her teeth moved together; they’re not supposed to be so spaced out. 

And I’m half joking but if Chloe had had to go to a bunch of orthodonture appointments maybe she wouldn’t have had the time to have sex with her gross boyfriend.

I just hope that if the baby ends up with Chloe’s jaw and teeth she’ll be able to get them fixed when she’s old enough.

This is one of the sad parts about these girls getting pregnant so young: I’d bet money that they didn’t even enjoy the sex that got them knocked up and changed the course of their lives. It’s extra unfair for them.

People seem to assume everyone has the resources to have significant dental and orthodontia done.  I grew up with messed up teeth and didn't get braces until I was 19 and was able to afford them on my own because my mother was more concerned with us living in a decent school district and being able to have me participate in activities growing up than having a perfect picture smile.  I hope everyone I encountered wasn't as bothered by my less than perfect smile growing up as people seem to be on various message boards discussing this show.  Yeesh.   Honestly, we're a little obsessed with teeth in this country.  

I cannot handle Shayden.  I love how he thinks he's doing his part by...supporting HIMSELF.   He pays his own insurance, car payment ect.  Good for you, Shadyen!  You're doing the bare minimum to care for YOURSELF.  How have you contributed to the tiny little human you helped bring into the world?  When was the last time you purchased formula or diapers?  I can't with him.   

And I really can't stand Jessica.  Sitting there acting offended that Max and his dad didn't come over when you just texted Chloe that you'll never accept him and will only tolerate him?  She's so manipulative I can't handle it.   I wonder if she knew Chloe showed him the text messages, though.   That was really stupid and manipulate of Chloe to do.  Like mother like daughter, I suppose. 

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:06 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

True that Quilty.  Way too much internet to find out about birth control, way too many resources, way too many peers to ask, let alone a school counselor or health nurse.  When I was their age I was not getting busy (no moral high road, here, just a choice I made) and when I was post high school I was bc pill'd up, diaphram'd up, condom'd up - you name it!!!  (Good thing too, turns out I could get pregnant by sharing a straw at the malt shop!!!) 

For reals.  In MY opinion, there's no such thing as an "unplanned pregnancy" when birth control isn't being reliably used (don't even get me started on that whole "not trying, not preventing" nonsense.  You're either trying or you're preventing.)  Everyone knows how babies are made.  These kids grew up watching Teen Mom and other shows like it.   I refuse to believe any of these idiots think they can routinely have unprotected sex and NOT eventually get pregnant. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 12
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

You hit the nail on the head - Max has said as much in multiple THs. He may be dull, but he has her number. And here's the article about his rap sheet and most recent charges/guilty plea for stealing cash and a credit card from a 77-year-old woman.

His sentencing was also delayed because he's been found incompetent.   I'm DYING to know the particulars of THAT ruling.  In my 12 years working as a public defender, I've never had a client be fine to plead guilty to something, then be rendered incompetent a few months later before sentencing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

While I am not condoning his cheating, I did not like Lauras statement of "good luck seeing your kid". That is a bug problem with a lot of these girls, they think being the father means you have to be the boyfriend as well. Since the majority of these parents are not going to remain couples they need to learn to father/boyfriend are not always a thing...and the father part is much more important.

• Love 19

Obviously not giving a big sigh of relief at McKayla's negative pregnancy test. It's coming. 

Caelen wants to work on communication. McKayla wants a banana smoothie. 

I really don't like the way Diego phrases things. He said, "when I first held the baby." Not MY baby, or by her name. 

And can we talk about the fact that they couldn't agree on a name and he's just gonna go ahead and call her by her middle name?

Overall I just find him really disingenuous. But I do think Emily is going to have to ease up and not nag him over all the minutia, if she truly wants his help.

Tylor's head looks like a freaking lightbulb. How did he get two women to sleep with him?

I think he wins the douchebag award tonight. I do not like how he came down on Laura so hard, about confiding in her family. Fuck you, dude. She doesn't owe you an explanation. 

Kelsey is pushing WAY too hard for Lexus to date girls again. It's not coming off as supportive, but more like a way for her to use the situation to get Shayden out of the picture. It's actually pretty disturbing.

Hearing Jessica's actual text - - Damn,she's a bitch. But then when meeting Max's dad, she's all, "We don't dislike Max. He's a good kid!"

She's so fucking fake and manipulative, I can't stand it. 

Max's dad is no peach himself, though. Talking about getting into a boxing ring with a woman? Wtf???

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 15

I know I always say but man Max is annoying. After seeing his dad, I realize that it’s not that Max doesn’t have a family, he just wants a different kind of family.   You might not like the hand you’re  dealt in life, but too bad.  He acts like he’s totally abandoned and living in poverty.  

But the way he said “Chloe is mine” when she turns 18 makes me realize I’ve been right about him all along. 

Emilee seems like she’s about to tske a page out the Chelsea Houska rewrite history playbook.  Shit is about to get good. 

OAN, did anyone notice the huge sweat stains on Emilee’s shirt?  They really need to up the budget and crank up the a/c.  I’m embarrassed for her.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Spelling
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

There's something wrong with Max. This is the guy who'll murder everyone and then himself.

Yeah, it was sort of chilling in the previews how he's all "when Chole is 18, she's MINE and they won't be able to see Chole and Ava anymore."*  He's got issues.  He doesn't care about Chole, she's just someone/something to be in control of.  She's too stupid to see the huge, red flags there.

And what the f is with these idiot teen boys and pacifiers?!  Diego tonight, talking about how the baby didn't need one.  Are they that damn stupid?  Do they know what the purpose of the pacifier is?  Would they like a screaming baby instead?  I can't with these idiots . . . 

*Maybe that quote plays better than how it sounds . . . 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I know I always say but man Max is annoying. After seeing his dad, I realize that it’s not that Max doesn’t have a family, he just wants a different kind of family.   You might not like the hand you’re  dealt in life, but too bad.  He acts like he’s totally abandoned and living in poverty.  

But the way he says “Chloe is mine” when she turns 18 makes me realize I’ve been right about him all along. 

Emilee seems like she’s about to tske a page out the Chelsea Housska rewrite history playbook.  Shit is about to get good. 

OAN, did anyone notice the huge sweat stains on Emilee’s shirt?  Theybreally need to up the budget and crank up the a/c.  I’m embarrassed for her.

I did (sweat stains) ?

• Love 6

Are these people living in Deliverence?  Did I just see a doctor tell a teen couple in their hospital discharge instructions they could resume intercourse immediately?  No one ever discussed that with me in the hospital, and I was in my 30s and married when I gave birth.  

And jessica please stop trying to gaslight everyone when you are on camera.  We see you being awful to Max’s family and have no sympathy for you when they refuse to show up when you snap your fingers at them.  

• Love 16

Does anyone else find Emilee’s doctor a little creepy?  

As far as Diego, I think Max and Shaydon make him look good. Obviously they set the bar very low for the rest of the fathers. But I think his main problem is trying to show off and be funny knowing he’s being filmed. Especially with his parents egging him on by laughing at his crude humor. He’s also been put in a pedestal and thinks he’s charming when he’s acting like a fool. But I believe he has a chance to turn around. The other two previously mentioned losers are ID channel material.

Caelen’s mom was talking to them like kids (they are) and those two came off more like siblings squabbling than bf/gf.  

Max’s dad comes off as a little different but reasonable reaction to the text. I was on his side until the boxing ring comment. 

• Love 9

Taylor was Laura's best friend's boyfriend, right? And they were sleeping with each other behind her back? It was kind of rich seeing Laura's father lecturing Taylor about integrity. Maybe he needs to have that conversation with Laura. And don't even get me started on women who are soooo surprised when the guy who was cheating with them cheats on them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

Yes, very. And isn't it a minimum wait of six weeks to have sex if you had a vaginal birth? Her stitches have to heal!

Edited by 3outta5
formatting
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

While I am not condoning his cheating, I did not like Lauras statement of "good luck seeing your kid". That is a bug problem with a lot of these girls, they think being the father means you have to be the boyfriend as well. Since the majority of these parents are not going to remain couples they need to learn to father/boyfriend are not always a thing...and the father part is much more important.

Preach! These girls thinking they can dictate whether the child's father can see THEIR child makes me want to scream. They need Judge Judy to school them on the facts. The baby you chose to bring into the world has two parents and just because you gave birth to the child, you don't have the right to withhold the child from it's father because you're mad at him.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, 3outta5 said:

Yes, very. And isn't it a minimum wait of six weeks to have sex if you had a vaginal birth? Her stitches have to heal!

When I had my son my doctor told me to wait until at least my 6 week checkup to resume having sex. Trust me, I had no desire for sex in the first month anyway! Between being exhausted and healing from the stitches, no thank you! Plus, I was still bleeding for the first 2 weeks.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Is tonight  (Sunday Sept 23rd ) the last episode of the season? I don't see it listed next week.

At the very end they said that there wont be a show next week but will return October 7th.

• Love 3

I wonder if Emileeeee’s doctor wasn’t trying to do her a favor. He said she could be intimate again when she’s comfortable. Maybe he said that so Diego wouldn’t put pressure on her to have sex before six weeks?? Doctor probably should have said six weeks or until you’re comfortable. 

I also saw the pit stains. Smh. I wonder if that was one of the shirts she wore while pregnant. I know a lot of women turn into sweat factories during that time even with air conditioning. 

What I can’t believe from the preview is Lexus’ friend/ex saying Shayden peed on Kelsey’s toothbrush. I practically blacked out on all the other upcoming drama because my mouth fell open when she said that. What kind of asshole pees on his girlfriend’s mom’s toothbrush? And then tells her about it? Meanwhile Kelsey is supporting his child. I couldn’t. I mean I could NOT get back with Shayden EVER after he did that to my mother. I don’t care how “mean” I felt she was, that level of disrespect is beyond words. He’s petty and vindictive and I wouldn’t trust him around Scarlett. 

Lastly, Diego is still trash but so are Tylor, Jessica and Max. McKayla and Caelan are reckless but they’re not manipulating each other. They just don’t care how their actions affect anyone else. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

There's something wrong with Max. This is the guy who'll murder everyone and then himself.

I totally agree with this. He seriously needs some very deep therapy. That said, the girlfriend's mother needs to stop speaking about him so publicly, especially if she is not willing to set ground rules. I also don't get the impression that her parents cannot afford orthodontia. Silly girl probably refused it.

I know that Max is a complete asshole, but it seems very unrealistic to expect him to suddenly act like an adult now that he has a child because bottom line, he's still very much a child himself. He definitely has to step up and adjust his attitude, but it's going to take some time. He's even younger than whatever the name is of the one he knocked up.

Tylor and Laura are just gross and McKayla and Caelan are dolts. 

Shayden is grotesque and I hope that when Kelsey finds out he peed on her toothbrush that she bans him from ever entering her home again in life. He can visit with his baby in the driveway. What a pig/

• Love 6
3 hours ago, politichick said:

That said, the girlfriend's mother needs to stop speaking about him so publicly, especially if she is not willing to set ground rules. I also don't get the impression that her parents cannot afford orthodontia. Silly girl probably refused it.

She needed/needs MORE than orthodontia.  She will need maxillofacial surgery.  Her degree of underbite is too much.  It's possible there could have been an easier correction if it had been started early enough.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, 3outta5 said:

Not everyone needs stitches. But it is still awfully tender down there for quite awhile. I don't think everyone needs to adhere strictly to the 6 weeks, but they shouldn't expect to throw down and consummate the minute they get home either. 

The doctor joking about the nurses not liking it if you do it in the hospital was pretty damn gross. 

Personally, I wasn't even ready at 6 weeks with my first! I made my husband wait until 8 weeks. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hearing Jessica's actual text - - Damn,she's a bitch. But then when meeting Max's dad, she's all, "We don't dislike Max. He's a good kid!"

She's so fucking fake and manipulative, I can't stand it. 

Max's dad is no peach himself, though. Talking about getting into a boxing ring with a woman? Wtf???

(NOTE:  My bolding on Ghoulina's comment above)   I hope Jessica sees how BADLY she comes across on the program.  I wish many more negatives written about her online.   Why does she think SHE is so right and perfect in every way?  Compensation?  She uprooted her family's lives and plans when she got pregnant as a teen?  How did she land that good level-headed husband...and why does he allow her to call all the shots.   Did she even apologize about the "tolerate" text?  AND...did Max somehow get her daughter pregnant without any cooperation.  No sneaking around?  No lovey-dovey talk?

Max's dad was just spouting off...and Jessica NEEDS to be taken down a peg or two...or fifty.  Max's dad probably feels he'd be at a disadvantage even IN a boxing ring.  I agree!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, lezlers said:

These kids grew up watching Teen Mom and other shows like it.   I refuse to believe any of these idiots think they can routinely have unprotected sex and NOT eventually get pregnant. 

Ah...HAH!   That's it!   Eventually get pregnant AND get on TV ! ! !

• Love 1

does Max strike anyone else as....not quite all there, or something?  I mean no disrespect, but homeboy seems a bit...off.

Also, how many of you think that considering he's eschewing the "drunk homework doing" that apparently happens in universities across the country, he's slated to be a future gazillionaire?

anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller????

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She needed/needs MORE than orthodontia.  She will need maxillofacial surgery.  Her degree of underbite is too much.  It's possible there could have been an easier correction if it had been started early enough.

And it's so weird bc Jessica has the smallest little chin and weakest jawline ever. It's like they need opposite surgeries. Was Chloe's father a superhero or something?

maxresdefault (1).jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, politichick said:

I totally agree with this. He seriously needs some very deep therapy. That said, the girlfriend's mother needs to stop speaking about him so publicly, especially if she is not willing to set ground rules. I also don't get the impression that her parents cannot afford orthodontia. Silly girl probably refused it.

I don't think her family is poor, but they don't look like they have a lot of money.  I could see them not being able to afford braces, etc.  None of these girls seem to come from much money.  

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Not everyone needs stitches. But it is still awfully tender down there for quite awhile. I don't think everyone needs to adhere strictly to the 6 weeks, but they shouldn't expect to throw down and consummate the minute they get home either. 

The doctor joking about the nurses not liking it if you do it in the hospital was pretty damn gross. 

Personally, I wasn't even ready at 6 weeks with my first! I made my husband wait until 8 weeks. 

I think Diego mentioned in the last episode that they did an episiotomy (spelling?)!  So I imagine she does have stitches.  I thought that was standard stuff - the 6 week wait.  

Yeah I agree, that doctor was weird to say that - mostly because her family is sitting right there!  I am an adult and I would be grossed out if the doctor said that to me with my mom sitting next to me!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

As far as Diego, I think Max and Shaydon make him look good. Obviously they set the bar very low for the rest of the fathers. But I think his main problem is trying to show off and be funny knowing he’s being filmed. Especially with his parents egging him on by laughing at his crude humor. He’s also been put in a pedestal and thinks he’s charming when he’s acting like a fool. But I believe he has a chance to turn around. The other two previously mentioned losers are ID channel material.

Caelen’s mom was talking to them like kids (they are) and those two came off more like siblings squabbling than bf/gf.  

Max’s dad comes off as a little different but reasonable reaction to the text. I was on his side until the boxing ring comment. 

I thought the doctor was creepy too. He said something like, "I'll see you in six weeks, if you are still alive," during that discharge conversation. I never had kids-- but had a husband-- and it shocks me when people talk about how upset their husband is because they are unready/unable to resume having sex after a baby. One of my friends was telling me that her husband was furious with her when she told him she was too sore to get right back in. I nearly fell on the floor. I swear, I thought, Fuck you, asshole, your wife's in pain. Get over it and chill the fuck out. 

Emiley kept saying "my baby." Um, the baby has a father, Em. I hate Diego but it would drive me insane if someone was treating me like I'm a moron and criticizing every move. I do think though, that if Emiley said, "Come here so I can show you how to..." Diego would have a dick attitude, not pay attention and exert little effort. You picked him, Em. 

Tylor and whatever her name is are a weird couple. I just don't think she's attractive and while Tylor is no great shakes, I don't get what he saw in her other than maybe she put out for him and bought him a McDouble instead of a pack of condoms. The previews made it sounds like this cheating thing was a recent event when it was old news and their own relationship grew out of Tylor cheating with HER. Dad needs to pull out his Bible and throw it at his own daughter before he gets all high and mighty there.

Not much to say about Max and his father. It looks as though Max lives in a nice home. I pictured a hovel with broken windows, tattered curtains, and filth and neglect. I didn't see Max's father as a nut or anything and thought his boxing match comment wasn't made in a serious, hateful way. At least it didn't strike me that way. 

Lexus' storyline is boring to me. Shayden is a meth head and Kelsey is still 15. Is the person that tells her that Shayden peed on Kelsey's toothbrush in the preview the gal that she had been seeing previously?

• Love 7
22 hours ago, lezlers said:

People seem to assume everyone has the resources to have significant dental and orthodontia done.  I grew up with messed up teeth and didn't get braces until I was 19 and was able to afford them on my own because my mother was more concerned with us living in a decent school district and being able to have me participate in activities growing up than having a perfect picture smile.  I hope everyone I encountered wasn't as bothered by my less than perfect smile growing up as people seem to be on various message boards discussing this show.  

I think the general rule is that people who appear on reality TV are fair game on message boards.  Which is fine with me because if you appear on reality TV and don't want to be dissected and criticized, you shouldn't have appeared on reality TV in the first place, and you shouldn't go seeking out what people are saying about you on message boards behind your back if you can't take it. 

I doubt people in real life are massively bothered by other people's less than perfect smiles.  There's a good chance they might not even notice unless someone else says something first--like on a message board. 

In that vein, the mole on Caelan's mother's face really bugs me. 

7 hours ago, Soup333 said:

What I can’t believe from the preview is Lexus’ friend/ex saying Shayden peed on Kelsey’s toothbrush. I practically blacked out on all the other upcoming drama because my mouth fell open when she said that. What kind of asshole pees on his girlfriend’s mom’s toothbrush? And then tells her about it?

That's the part I don't get.  I can certainly understand how an immature vindictive teenager would think peeing on his enemy's toothbrush is the thing to do, but I can't wrap my head around telling someone.  That's just stupid.

And I really can't stand Jessica.  Sitting there acting offended that Max and his dad didn't come over when you just texted Chloe that you'll never accept him and will only tolerate him?  She's so manipulative I can't handle it.   I wonder if she knew Chloe showed him the text messages, though.   That was really stupid and manipulate of Chloe to do.  Like mother like daughter, I suppose. 

The only time I text is to say something like, "ETA is 5:45."  I never have conversations.  So it seems SUPER weird to me that Jessica would put that in a text to Chloe at all.  Why?  They live in the same house and presumably have discussed this using actual words out loud.  Why write it down?  What possible good can come from that?  That's almost as stupid as telling people you peed on your girlfriend's mother's toothbrush.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The only time I text is to say something like, "ETA is 5:45."  I never have conversations.  So it seems SUPER weird to me that Jessica would put that in a text to Chloe at all.  Why?  They live in the same house and presumably have discussed this using actual words out loud.  Why write it down?  What possible good can come from that?  That's almost as stupid as telling people you peed on your girlfriend's mother's toothbrush.

I'm not a monster texter either but I seriously shake my head when people who live in the same house communicate over Facebook or text in the case of Jennifer and Chloe. Bizarre. I have friends who are married and one of them will post to their own page and tag their spouse, "We need to make this at home!" about some recipe. How about picking your head up and saying it to the person who is probably close by? Or there's always the other truly bizarre, "Happy Birthday, Johnny, I can't believe you're a teenager already. I love you!" and the kid isn't on Facebook.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I can’t bring myself to watch these shows but enjoy reading the snark. As a middle-aged mother of 2 adult children I have to comment. When I was 12 an extended family member became pregnant. She chose to terminate the pregnancy. At that time my mom sat me down and said, while she didn’t agree with premarital sex, she wasn’t going to be naive and if I found myself sexually active when I was older I WOULD get on birth control. That conversation stayed with me forever. WTF are these nitwits getting pregnant in 2018?!?!?!?! Birth control is readily available. They should ALL be using condoms to prevent STD’s and they need to stop pretending that some high school romance is going to turn into the love story for the ages. Learn to co-parent and stay in school. And for the love of Brutus why is the “A” word never mentioned. And I’m talking, ADOPTION!!!!!!  Oh; and McKayla or however your name is spelled, there are more than 2 types of birth control on the market. Go visit Planned Parenthood. They’re a great educational resource....... Rant Over

• Love 20

I also do not understand these idiot boys being opposed to the pacifier for newborns. Sucking calms a newborn. 

I must have fallen asleep for a minute because I missed Todd's boxing comment. What did he say ? He was completely not what I pictured. He seemed relatively normal, and their home seemed nice. Max makes it seem like he grew up he grew up in the gutter, never knowing where his next meal would come from.

I hate Cloe's underbite. It looks terrible and unhealthy. Speaking of unhealthy, her mother sets a terrible example by being two faced. "Max is such a GREAT kid !"

I think it's good they show Laura's life in contrast to that of her brother. He's a freshman in college, home on spring break, living the life.  She's probably been in her pajamas for days, not going anywhere or doing anything. It's odd to listen to her Dad talk about the Bible and Proverbs and adultery, while Laura and Stripper Boy are still not married. 

I dont care at all about Lexus. 

Diego and Emilee, man that was a sad night. The house was her mom 's ? Sparsely furnished, the 3 of them sleeping (barely) on a daybed in the living room. And Dr. Goldchain is creepy for sure. 6 weeks is always what I heard as standard wait time.

• Love 6

Chloe's mom seems stunted, much like Kelsey. They both waiver between trying to be a parent, but not really knowing what that means, so end up acting like 'frenemies' to their daughters. The step father just sits there listening to Jessica rambling on, nodding his head & looking as if she's saying something incredibly wise. SMH

I'd really like to know why Max was found incompetent. The previews showed his behavior getting worse & his comment about Chloe being his at 18 is disturbing.

I never thought I'd miss Kelsey's fixation on repeating "you need to take the proper steps" "prove to me you can be parents", while smugly shaking her head but after this last episode... 

Lexus should concentrate on getting through school, learning to be a good parent (not from Kelsey obviously), & finding something she'd like to do with her life besides screwing around.

Shayden needs to be banned from Kelsey's home but somehow I don't think him even peeing on her damn toothbrush will make her wise up & set boundaries. 

That creepy doctor would've been off base with his comments even if they were a settled married couple, but given he was speaking to a teenage girl in front of her family, he's completely unprofessional & an idiot as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Chloe's mom seems stunted, much like Kelsey. They both waiver between trying to be a parent, but not really knowing what that means, so end up acting like 'frenemies' to their daughters. The step father just sits there listening to Jessica rambling on, nodding his head & looking as if she's saying something incredibly wise. SMH

I'd really like to know why Max was found incompetent. The previews showed his behavior getting worse & his comment about Chloe being his at 18 is disturbing.

I never thought I'd miss Kelsey's fixation on repeating "you need to take the proper steps" "prove to me you can be parents", while smugly shaking her head but after this last episode... 

Lexus should concentrate on getting through school, learning to be a good parent (not from Kelsey obviously), & finding something she'd like to do with her life besides screwing around.

Shayden needs to be banned from Kelsey's home but somehow I don't think him even peeing on her damn toothbrush will make her wise up & set boundaries. 

That creepy doctor would've been off base with his comments even if they were a settled married couple, but given he was speaking to a teenage girl in front of her family, he's completely unprofessional & an idiot as well.

I’m glad it’s not just me that finds him (Dr. Weirdo) totally inappropriate. If I was her mom, I would have filed a complaint after that. 

• Love 6

And what the f is with these idiot teen boys and pacifiers?!  Diego tonight, talking about how the baby didn't need one. 

RIGHT?? How have these fools all developed a distinct parenting philosophy where newborns need to toughen up? Aria's belly button hasn't even fallen off yet. She's still in the freaking cellophane.

Re Dr. Goldchain, I looked him up: http://jeffreylzweigmd.com/about-the-author
He's from southern California. Johns Hopkins undergrad, med school at UCSF, residency at UCLA?? And an ACOG fellow. Those are outstanding credentials. What's he doing in Lawton, Oklahoma, where there isn't even a teaching hospital? It's possible his wife is from there or something, but I also wonder if something went terribly wrong with his career in California, and he needed someplace to start over quietly.

• Love 12
On 9/23/2018 at 11:19 PM, ghoulina said:

Tylor's head looks like a freaking lightbulb. How did he get two women to sleep with him?

I think he wins the douchebag award tonight. I do not like how he came down on Laura so hard, about confiding in her family. Fuck you, dude. She doesn't owe you an explanation. 

Do I have the timeline right? Laura got pregnant after she caught Tylor cheating or before? And the girl was someone other than her friend? 

Just seems like she was so desperate to have someone want to be with her. I wonder if that’s why she was down with not using conforms. One, to make her more attractive to Tylor (she doesn’t mind him not using protection/cares more about his pleasure than other girls) and two, she wanted a baby to show her the love she wasn’t getting at home. 

That family dynamic is just so strange. The parents only have one emotion. Blank. 

And now I’m worried about Tylor’s temper. I was seriously concerned for Laura’s dad when they were talking outside. Tylor looked like he wanted to bash dude’s head in. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

And now I’m worried about Tylor’s temper. I was seriously concerned for Laura’s dad when they were talking outside. Tylor looked like he wanted to bash dude’s head in. 

RIght? I'm sitting there saying "NO! Not while he has a wrench in his hand!"

Seriously, all of these people make me tired. The collective brain power of these cretins couldn't light a flashlight.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, right - but he specifically said, "How are your stitches doing?"

The nurse comment gave me the heebiest of jeebies.

• Love 5
On 9/24/2018 at 10:14 AM, lovesnark said:

Preach! These girls thinking they can dictate whether the child's father can see THEIR child makes me want to scream. They need Judge Judy to school them on the facts. The baby you chose to bring into the world has two parents and just because you gave birth to the child, you don't have the right to withhold the child from it's father because you're mad at him.

Emiley's taking a page from the Kailyn playbook. Despite being a decade apart, their shared wisdom seems to be that custody is dictated by whether or not you like the child's father that day and/or are currently sleeping with them. Boyfriends are temporary, but fathers are forever, which still applies even if they used to be the same person. These girls think they can just cut their boyfriends off without a second thought whenever they piss them off, but it doesn't work that way when you have his kid! It's a baby, not a video game. You can't use them as a bargaining chip so that they'll keep sweet or as a reward for having sex with you that week. Newsflash, unless you have a court order, you're not magically the primary parent just because you're the one changing diapers or waking up at night. That's their own fault for letting these boys get away with drive-by/observational parenting when they thought they were in love. Your changing moods towards the child's father have zero bearing on his legal rights.

20 hours ago, Lesia said:

Hey Lexus, how about you don't have sex with EITHER gender, and work on raising your daughter and making something of yourself.

As adults, it's easy for us to say this and shake our heads, but for a 16-year-old girl with obvious severe emotional damage, a total lack of boundaries and authority, and a complete dependence on the validation of others to maintain her sense of self-worth, it's an unrealistic expectation. Lexus has been sneaking out of her house to party and have sex since she was probably about 12, so it's not exactly like she has the perspective or emotional maturity to wake up tomorrow and decide to be celibate and work on herself. She seems to crave other people to make herself feel whole. She's definitely going to be one of those girls that never okay with being single, no matter how unhealthy her current relationship is. I don't see her as a narcissistic teenage girl that only thinks about herself. While she is undoubtedly a little self-centered because of her age, I think it goes back to her tendency to gravitate towards abusive relationships and maybe subconsciously trying to create a stable family that Kelsey never gave her.

Kelsey is just doing the best she can with the situation. She's never going to be able to stop Lexus from having sex or convince her to have safe sex every time, so if she emphasizes Lexus' attraction to girls and convinces her to only date girls, at least she won't get pregnant again. Yes, it would be better to stop encouraging her to think about dating altogether, but Kelsey knows Lexus and has already realized that the best possible outcome of the situation is to convince her that she likes girls more and should continue to explore herself sexually with girls.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Emiley's taking a page from the Kailyn playbook. Despite being a decade apart, their shared wisdom seems to be that custody is dictated by whether or not you like the child's father that day and/or are currently sleeping with them. Boyfriends are temporary, but fathers are forever, which still applies even if they used to be the same person. These girls think they can just cut their boyfriends off without a second thought whenever they piss them off, but it doesn't work that way when you have his kid! It's a baby, not a video game. You can't use them as a bargaining chip so that they'll keep sweet or as a reward for having sex with you that week. Newsflash, unless you have a court order, you're not magically the primary parent just because you're the one changing diapers or waking up at night. That's their own fault for letting these boys get away with drive-by/observational parenting when they thought they were in love. Your changing moods towards the child's father have zero bearing on his legal rights.

Her nasty little smirk when she said it sent my blood pressure up. She's 18. Her baby is what, a few weeks old? And she's already playing these games. Honey. You decided you were old enough to have a baby and be a mother. Well here comes your first lesson in putting your ego and your feeeeeeelings aside, not indulging your spite, and doing what is best for your child. You might be mad at him, but he his your child's father. You wanted this. My god these girls are such petulant, ignorant, self centered little brats.

• Love 10

I feel sorry for these poor children being raised by these idiots. For whatever reasons, they decided to have babies before they were emotionally, financially, or mentally prepared. They dump their poor decisions in their parents lap, screech about being responsible while wanting to remain pampered children. Meanwhile, these flash-in-the-pan relationships fizzle, and the baby is used as the rope in the tug-of-war between mom and dad. I'm over them. 

I sympathize with the grandparents because I'm in the same age bracket as most of them. While I'm trying to have my first child, they're looking at raising the next generation. What a mess. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I also do not understand these idiot boys being opposed to the pacifier for newborns. Sucking calms a newborn. 

You'd think the immature, whiny dads would be all about the pacifier. Why would they WANT to hear a baby cry. 

17 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I must have fallen asleep for a minute because I missed Todd's boxing comment. What did he say ? He was completely not what I pictured. He seemed relatively normal, and their home seemed nice. Max makes it seem like he grew up he grew up in the gutter, never knowing where his next meal would come from.

Of course I've mostly forgotten now. But he said something about wanting to meet her....in a boxing ring. 

As for Max's living conditions. He's 18. It's possible things weren't always this nice. Also, I got the impression that he lived with his mom when he was younger. Didn't he say something about living in hotel rooms while she was a stripper or sex worker of some sort? Maybe they dad only gained custody of him later. I DO think he had a messed up life to some degree. That doesn't excuse all of his shit; but I'd like to see him get some help. 

5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Do I have the timeline right? Laura got pregnant after she caught Tylor cheating or before? And the girl was someone other than her friend? 

Just seems like she was so desperate to have someone want to be with her. I wonder if that’s why she was down with not using conforms. One, to make her more attractive to Tylor (she doesn’t mind him not using protection/cares more about his pleasure than other girls) and two, she wanted a baby to show her the love she wasn’t getting at home. 

That family dynamic is just so strange. The parents only have one emotion. Blank. 

Yes, I believe Laura siphoned him off from some friend of hers, and then he went on to cheat on HER. Surprise, surprise. 

I agree with your entire assessment. He seemed like a harmless dude at first, but his reactions this episode concerned me. I really hate when the cheater/abuser gets super mad at the person they wronged and makes them feel it's THEIR fault. Like, it's not about Tylor being unfaithful; it's about how wrong Laura was for going into his phone. Infuriates me. 

• Love 6