Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I don't buy McKayla's excuse for not using BC, her saying it makes her sick.  To be clear, I don't doubt BC can make people sick--I just don't buy that she personally has ever tried more than maybe one type and gave up because it gave her a single zit.

My mom and I said the same thing. My mom said this isn't the 70s when we didn't have that many options. She's just lazy and didn't want to try a new one. 

• Love 8

Haven't seen this one yet but yeah with Diego there's a reason he is who & what he is, & it concerns me that Emilee is so close to their family, especially the father. I'm sure that doesn't sit well with her mom either, & I would say for good reason.

Someone needs to, or really should have, taken McKayla to the doctor, sat in the office & helped her discuss these issues with him/her, that way she could find something that is comfortable & works. Shannon is not a mom to McKayla & is spitting out her own kids, but now how can the grandparents even criticize her about that when she's (technically) 'clean' & not living in their home - they can't anymore; that boat is float & they have their own accountability with McKayla's behavior. The grandmother could've done the gyn visit with McKayla but to have 2 pregnancies already it seems she doesn't do anything to help or guide her in prevention. As I've said before the grandparents are enabling McKayla's behavior. They'll be taking care of her & her six kids before she's even 30 years old.

I guess there's only so much Caelen's mom can do given her turbulent relationship with McKayla, but her son is no better running wild getting her pregnant twice now.

• Love 14

Chloe's teeth are so jacked I can’t even look at her!

After all the drama with the shower I expecting a big to do.  Instead it looked like ten people around table.  Max would have been even more out of place, I think.

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

Yeah I loved how Diego was all "I'm done holding her now" and immediately went to his phone.  He thinks he's such a genius, but can't even figure out just HOW bad that looked.  A simple "Oh, I'm sure grandma is dying to hold her...here you go" would have gotten what he wanted and looked 1000% better.  I just can't even with this kid.  And when his parents both started cracking up when he described the "area" the doctor cut, I was not impressed.  They acted like he was such a cute and precocious little boy, when in fact he's a self-absorbed, narcissistic, horrible human.  It's no wonder how he got that way.

As a mother of boys, I was appalled. I would have quickly informed my son, "That is the perenium. She is having an episiotomy in order to allow the baby's head to come out." 

Actually, scratch that. MY sons would have already known that BEFORE their girlfriend gave birth. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

The grandmother could've done the gyn visit with McKayla but to have 2 pregnancies already it seems she doesn't do anything to help or guide her in prevention. As I've said before the grandparents are enabling McKayla's behavior. They'll be taking care of her & her six kids before she's even 30 years old.

I have a relative who did the following:  Her daughter got pregnant at 18, my cousin (who adopted daughter as a five yr old and as a single parent) adopted the baby (her grandson.)  Daughter got pregnant AGAIN about five years later and my cousin sat her down and said "Here are your options cause I am nearing 60 and can't do this again.  I won't."  Daughter placed baby #2 with an adoptive family as she is broke and probably always will be, to be blunt.  (There is a hint to her status, lol)

Sadly, my cousin passed unexpectedly a year ago and her grandson/son is with another cousin, a younger married couple with two of their own and he is adjusting well!!  Loves his new siblings!  Misses his mom/grandma but is doing okay.

These folks can take a clue!!!!

5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

As a mother of boys, I was appalled. I would have quickly informed my son, "That is the perenium. She is having an episiotomy in order to allow the baby's head to come out."

As the mother of two boys who HAD that procedure, I can tell my sons it was the worst part of labor.  Truly, I had an 11 pound baby and the novacane to stitch me up HURT!!!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

As the mother of two boys who HAD that procedure, I can tell my sons it was the worst part of labor.  Truly, I had an 11 pound baby and the novacane to stitch me up HURT!!!

I didn't feel it, but I did not heal correctly from it and ended up with some very serious problems down there. It was AWFUL. I simply tore with my second and third, and recovery was much better. 

There is no reason for Diego to be that clueless. My boys and girl will know everything about everything, even if it doesn't directly apply to them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ivylady said:

When Diego's mom was talking about how he needs to change and such, I laughed in her face. That ship has sailed, lady. 

She should know, she was the co-captain along with her husband.

I just had to smh when Emilee was crying as she said her daughter was her world and Diego just sat there like a smug bump on an ignorant log. Of all the boys I hate him the most. Max creeps me out but Jessica's behavior towards him makes me feel bad for him (and I hate that she's put me in this position). Shayden is lazy, trifling and disrespectful but somehow Diego offends me more. Caelen and Tylor I kind of view in the same way. Young, dumb boys with license to screw and no one to stop them. As long as McKayla and Laura are willing to go along with it and none of the four insist on getting reliable birth control, they'll keep popping them out - or in Laura's case, Tylor might be popping one out with someone else.

• Love 6
On 11/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

From the time he was about 16 or so I had condoms at home and made sure he knew where they were, since he knew damn well his dad and I would take an extremely dim view of any potential grandkids, an STD, or having to dive for cover when the pissed off parents of any girl he impregnated came over to kill us.

LOL - I agree, I had Costco boxes of condoms for all 4 of my kids (and I was deathly afraid of pregnancy until I was 23 so I always had pill and condoms available, although rarely needed, lol.) As a result, none of my kids have kids and I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be a grandma. I guess there are extremes to each view.

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Haven't seen this one yet but yeah with Diego there's a reason he is who & what he is, & it concerns me that Emilee is so close to their family, especially the father. I'm sure that doesn't sit well with her mom either, & I would say for good reason.

I dislike Diego because he has written of baby mama's mother because she offered different scenarios, with one of them being abortion. Who the hell is he to hate someone for educating her daughter on all the possible choices. I would have hated the mother if she HADN'T told her daughter that she would support her regardless of the decision. Diego doesn't want anything to do with fatherhood, but he wants to ensure his girlfriend doesn't have the same options.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

Max would have been even more out of place, I think.

Max gives me the heebie jeebies (however it is spelled) because he is so needy of a family. When he talks of wanting this baby and wanting the pregnancy and wanting to be with baby mama 24/7, all I can think of is emotional abuse.

• Love 10

McKayla, honey, condoms hurt because your boyfriend has never heard of foreplay. He is in it totally for his own pleasure, and clearly doesn't care if you enjoy yourself of not. Please stay celibate until you are mature enough and have enough self-esteem to realize that sex can AND SHOULD BE be pleasurable for BOTH parties.  Unfortunately for some people that means not being sexually active until their 30s, LOL, but if your partner using a condom HURTS YOU, why would you want to participate?  (True story: my boys have heard multiple version of the 'women are not receptacles for your sperm emissions' talk, much to their dismay!! ;-) )

• Love 23
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Someone needs to, or really should have, taken McKayla to the doctor, sat in the office & helped her discuss these issues with him/her, that way she could find something that is comfortable & works.

This!

Furthermore, the grandparents wouldn’t let McKayla and Timmy move in with Shannon because McKayla was still a minor (and the house was a disaster)....but NO ONE was willing to sit her down and say “you need to do something to prevent another pregnancy.” I understand that at a certain point you can’t force kids to do anything. But come on.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Tylor is gross wanting to be a stripper and my apologies, I thought it was Lauren who wanted to be a stripper but Tylor wanting to be a stripper is way worse!

Didn't he say his mom is/was a stripper?  Makes sense to me.

7 hours ago, Witchz said:

Grandpa and Grandma show us who Jessica learned some of her behavior from - and to be honest why is Grandpa making shitty judgement at all  when he obviously doesn't know the whole situation?  And what a guy he is attacking his Granddaughter for sticking up for her babies father who seems to be the only person who seems to give a shit about her feelings- shame on you Grandpa.

I noticed that when Grandpa was bitching about how if Max really wanted to help he would have been there to help unload the gifts from the car, Chloe pointed out that he was told not to get there until 4:30.  But Grandpa just wasn't interested in hearing that.

1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

After all the drama with the shower I expecting a big to do.  Instead it looked like ten people around table.  Max would have been even more out of place, I think.

He definitely would have been out of place.  And what was the venue?  It looked like the back room in a store.

ETA:

Weekly reminder: Diego is trash. I asked my daughter to make sure I heard right, did he say, "I'm done holding this?" about his newborn? I hate that boy's smug face. 

I remember that because I thought he said "I'm done holding him" and it's a girl.  So I rewound it and thought he said "her" but I also read the captions and they said "her" and I might have been influenced by that.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
forgot something
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

McKayla, honey, condoms hurt because your boyfriend has never heard of foreplay. He is in it totally for his own pleasure, and clearly doesn't care if you enjoy yourself of not. Please stay celibate until you are mature enough and have enough self-esteem to realize that sex can AND SHOULD BE be pleasurable for BOTH parties.  Unfortunately for some people that means not being sexually active until their 30s, LOL, but if your partner using a condom HURTS YOU, why would you want to participate?  (True story: my boys have heard multiple version of the 'women are not receptacles for your sperm emissions' talk, much to their dismay!! ;-) )

All of this! 

She's having sex and clearly getting nothing out of it but babies. She needs a long-term bc and some therapy. She's gonna keep having babies because she can. I do wonder if there's a small part of her that's having babies to replace the messed up relationship with her mother. Shannon seems to hold onto every slight ever given her. I wouldn't be surprised if McKayla did the same. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't feel it, but I did not heal correctly from it and ended up with some very serious problems down there. It was AWFUL. I simply tore with my second and third, and recovery was much better. 

There is no reason for Diego to be that clueless. My boys and girl will know everything about everything, even if it doesn't directly apply to them. 

I thought they let everyone tear now.  I was told that they don't cut anymore when I had mine 5-10 years ago, they said that they find the tearing heals better.  I guess they still cut in some parts of the country.

I know I tore, but I didn't even realize it, so I guess I was in so much pain that didn't bother me.  I thought the worst part was when they ripped out the placenta - my son's was holding on for deal life.

And that is bringing back memories!!!

I am wondering if McKayla has a latex allergy.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I wonder if Caelan used this as an excuse not to use condoms. "See, it hurts you. That's why I don't want to use them." Enter Timmy...and now #2.

47 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed that when Grandpa was bitching about how if Max really wanted to help he would have been there to help unload the gifts from the car, Chloe pointed out that he was told not to get there until 4:30.  But Grandpa just wasn't interested in hearing that.

I remember that because I thought he said "I'm done holding him" and it's a girl.  So I rewound it and thought he said "her" but I also read the captions and they said "her" and I might have been influenced by that.

I noticed that too. Guess Max was supposed to magically know what time the shower he was barred from going to ended so he and his father could go and schlep the gifts in the house. And how is any of that a personal insult to Jessica? She said she took them not coming over personally, but Max isn't supposed to take any of her actions personally? Ugh.

Diego may have said her. I may have misheard because I hate him to so much. LOL

19 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am wondering if McKayla has a latex allergy.  

My daughter has a latex allergy and she can't even wear the nitrile gloves. They all make her hands itch and break out in hives.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Chloe's teeth are so jacked I can even look at her

THIS!  It would’ve been nice if all the money they have to spend on a new baby could’ve been directed toward getting her some orthodontia.  It’s not just cosmetic either —that jaw and horrid underbite are going to cause her serious pain and other issues when she’s older.  She also needs to have her teeth moved together; they’re not supposed to be so spaced out. 

And I’m half joking but if Chloe had had to go to a bunch of orthodonture appointments maybe she wouldn’t have had the time to have sex with her gross boyfriend.

I just hope that if the baby ends up with Chloe’s jaw and teeth she’ll be able to get them fixed when she’s old enough.

2 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

McKayla, honey, condoms hurt because your boyfriend has never heard of foreplay. He is in it totally for his own pleasure, and clearly doesn't care if you enjoy yourself of not. Please stay celibate until you are mature enough and have enough self-esteem to realize that sex can AND SHOULD BE be pleasurable for BOTH parties. 

This is one of the sad parts about these girls getting pregnant so young: I’d bet money that they didn’t even enjoy the sex that got them knocked up and changed the course of their lives. It’s extra unfair for them.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 17

Diego always has glimmers of dare I say endearment? cuteness? before reverting back to his asshole self. Holding Emiley's hand/cuddling her in bed while teasing her about farting was borderline sweet, and then he had to immediately ruin it with "I'm done holding her." Ugh.

Tylor (spelling it that way just makes me want to pronounce it like Beyonce saying "surfbordt"): "You can't be a stripper, drunk women will tempt you!" "What if it was a a gay club?" LOL. Also, looks like the cheating issue will come back next week. You never want your girlfriend's dad to confront you about cheating on her while you're jacking a tire.

I know we've all established Max as a smug clinger, but I'm with @ghoulina. Chloe's mom (Jessica?) is annoying as fuck. It's like Kelsey's vanity/immaturity and Shannon's gaslighting had the most obnoxious lovechild imaginable. Kick the kid out of your house if it bothers you he's squatting - you go on and on about how you and your sock puppet husband are the REAL adults, so act like it and take control of your space instead of passively aggressively bitching about it in the THs like the kids you claim to be sooo much more mature than! Don't drive Max away from being in your grandchild's life based on your mood of the hour - he's a loser, but you're psychologically micromanaging every scenario to make sure he fails before he even tries. For weeks, Jessica's sole reason for living has been to endlessly obsess over banning Max from the baby shower, which Max genuinely wants to attend (an enthusiasm which I'd encourage, given every other dead eyed apathetic teen dad). But no, Ol' Princess and the BabyDaddy Pea CANNOT tolerate one hour of his presence and arbitrary selects...preventing involved fatherhood?...as the hill she wants to die on. She gets her way and then has the nerve to immediately shit talk him in front of the family when he doesn't show up in his allotted, weirdly segregated timeslot. Jessica is exhausting and will make Chloe miserable until she dumps Max or gets full custody.

Kelsey is choosing to hyperfixate on Lexus' attraction to girls in a not-so-subtle effort to convince her to dump Shayden and embrace lesbianism as a form of birth control (take notes, McKayla's family!) Honey, that ship has kind of sailed. Also, she does understand that bisexuals can be monogamous and still into other genders, right? Apparently not. She's losing points with me for co-opting Lexus' bisexuality for her own personal agenda and implying that she needs to "choose." Stale and dusty biphobic argument to foist upon your 16-year-old!

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I don't buy McKayla's excuse for not using BC, her saying it makes her sick. 

I put that in the same bullshit category as Kail and Maci from Teen Mom who claim some condition or other means they can't have any more kids or probably can't or whatever the hell it was. I thought it was all bullshit drama and the participants on this trainwreck are following suit.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

My story...I was raped at 12 yo by my 18 yo boyfriend. Ugh, I know. Stupid girl. Until I was 44, I considered myself "just a hole for my boyfriend of the moment to stick his penis in to." I finally found someone that made sex feel good. Unfortunately, he was a pathological liar and cheat. Went through a suicide attempt and much therapy. I no longer have any romantic feelings, nor do I wish to ever be with anyone ever again. I pray McKayla is able to get through this and finally love and respect herself. I don't for a minute think Caelin abused her or forced himself on her. I think she has 0 self esteem and believes she's unworthy of love.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, oldhag said:

My story...I was raped at 12 yo by my 18 yo boyfriend. Ugh, I know. Stupid girl. Until I was 44, I considered myself "just a hole for my boyfriend of the moment to stick his penis in to." I finally found someone that made sex feel good. Unfortunately, he was a pathological liar and cheat. Went through a suicide attempt and much therapy. I no longer have any romantic feelings, nor do I wish to ever be with anyone ever again. I pray McKayla is able to get through this and finally love and respect herself. I don't for a minute think Caelin abused her or forced himself on her. I think she has 0 self esteem and believes she's unworthy of love.

I’m so very sorry that happened to you. 1. You were not stupid, 2. That guy was a predator and you were a CHILD! 

I hope you continue to take care of yourself in therapy, you are worthy and valuable all on your own. 

• Love 22

I'm sorry that happened to you, OldHag. Ditto Scarlett45: "1. You were not stupid, 2. That guy was a predator and you were a CHILD! "

These young women need stronger parents (grandparents) in their lives. It makes me so sad -- no, MAD -- that these parents aren't parenting. Or started too late. The kids and their kids suffer...

• Love 11

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand how Max wanting love and acceptance from Chloe and her family as abusive or obsessive. No one knows what he endured growing up, so for all any of us (including Chloe and her family) know he may have a great deal of mental and emotional trauma. 

In the beginning of my relationship my boyfriend genuinely enjoyed being around my family because of our emotional closeness since it was something he never got at home.  

I mean Max is a teenager. Chloe's parents definitely have every right to establish boundaries in their home, but on the other hand their relationship could be very different if they weren't so rude to him. I just don't see the situation playing out well in the future. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Rembeeazy said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand how Max wanting love and acceptance from Chloe and her family as abusive or obsessive. No one knows what he endured growing up, so for all any of us (including Chloe and her family) know he may have a great deal of mental and emotional trauma. 

In the beginning of my relationship my boyfriend genuinely enjoyed being around my family because of our emotional closeness since it was something he never got at home.  

I mean Max is a teenager. Chloe's parents definitely have every right to establish boundaries in their home, but on the other hand their relationship could be very different if they weren't so rude to him. I just don't see the situation playing out well in the future. 

I agree. We can believe the adults have every right to set boundaries in their home (which they are paying for) and yet still have sympathy regarding Max and his emotional needs. He’s a kid just like Chole (not a grown man who impregnated a teenage girl). 

Girls and women most certainly have more responsiblities regarding the biology of reproduction and the legal/finacial responsibilities of child rearing BUT girls tend to always have more emotional resources in the community. If the situations were reversed Maxine was pregnant and wanted to be a part of Charles’ family; we’d have a situation like Kailyn of TM2. 

Again im not saying it’s Chole’s parents responsiblity to Parent Max- I’m saying I do feel for Max because he’s still a teen and somewhere his emotional well being fell through the cracks. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have to grow up now because he brought a child into the world- the 2 aren’t mutually exclusive. 

• Love 14

I think the grandmother said something like they "wanted better" for Chloe so "maybe they blame" Max... I think this is very possible. Chloe's mother is all over the place & probably doesn't even know what she wants from this situation because she's just so triggered by it. She needs to take a step back (maybe get a neutral 3rd party to help her) & look at what is best for the kids & now her grandchild.

I know Max has had some legal troubles from what I've read, so he's not a 'clean' kid; he's got even more issues than we've seen. They could try harder with him but I understand having some firm boundaries for their own protection.

I do feel badly for him as he's not like a Shayden (ugh), but he's definitely a wayward from his upbringing most likely. There may be hope for him though.

Speaking of Shayden, I wouldn't leave any helpless living thing - animal or human - with him. He's just there to help Lexus not lose Scarlett, which is just another empty Kelsey threat & probably just show material. They all get on my nerves. And a superficial comment: Kelsey's boobs may need their own zip code; damn that must be hard on her back.

Emilee seems enthralled with her baby which is nice, but Diego is a mess. He wasn't there to 'support' her; he was there because he felt he had to be. He made fun of her farts & talked about her personal area being cut - on TV. He lacks empathy, which is a recipe for disaster for everyone around him. I understand her mom's worry, & he's the last one to judge her for being worried about her daughter's future when he called a sweet little newborn - his daughter - a "THIS".  "I'm done holding THIS."  O. M. G.

• Love 10

I can't believe how much my opinion about McKay last has changed since last season. Last season I felt sorry for her and her situation with her mom and felt she had a pretty good head on her shoulder. BOY HAVE TIMES CHANGED!!!

The lack of  effort for birth control aside, McKay got on my nerves when she said she.preferred Timmy as an infant because it was easier, now that he is moving around she actually has to get up off her ass and WATCH HIM!  She did not want to learn to cook, does not likexist her child being mobile, we know she does not clean and did not want to pack alone. What can you do?  You want to play grown up, but only the fun things.

ALL of these girls need BC as soon as possible after giving birth. All these kids like playing house and resuming their sex life and the.parents allow it, but get involved and get them on BC. With these morons I would not trust condoms because if the boy does not want to, these spineless girls will not argue. NO pills cause I don't trust them to remember to take them everyday. If I wad their mom we would be doing  iUD or Depro shot.

And I must confess that  felt so evil but I was upset that Emily had such a quick painless birth. I mean her no harm and am glad she had a healthy child, but I wIsh there had been a bit of a painful reminder of the consequences of unprotected sex to encourage her to take precautions, but hers was such a breeze she might think nothing of popping out another one. I know I am a monster for thinking that but these but a girl whose labor felt like a foot cramp has no incentive to want to keep it from happening again.

• Love 7

I didn't get what was happening with Emilee's labor. They were saying she wasn't having any pain but then later said she had an epidural. Well if she had an epidural she couldn't have been feeling little pain. There's no reason to put a needle in someone's spine who is a tad uncomfortable. She was very calm through the whole thing, although she always seems a bit um, 'mellow'.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

I really don't understand how Max wanting love and acceptance from Chloe and her family as abusive or obsessive. 

It's the manner, not the goal, that's the problem for me. Answering for Chloe when he mom speaks to her; having his mail sent to the house when he doesn't live there; showing up and staying for al hours of the day, every day, without asking permission from the parents; telling a national TV audience that he got Chloe pregnant on purpose without discussing it with her. That's not "please love me" behavior. It's "I've established ownership of Chloe and you can't get rid of me" behavior. Family membership is a two-way street, not a dominance exercise.

As many posters have noted, Chloe's family is also behaving badly, so everybody shares some blame for the tension and hostility.

a girl whose labor felt like a foot cramp has no incentive to want to keep it from happening again.

I don't think this thought is evil, but I don't agree with it. We have not seen one teen mom whose difficult birth appeared to play any role in her future level of precautions. Which makes sense, given that the pregnancy and parenting are such gigantic lifestyle impositions on a teen that if she trivializes those, she can trivialize the pain, too.

I mean, how many people do you know who hoped to have several kids and only had one because birth hurts a lot? I know people who stopped after one because of complications that almost killed them, but not because labor hurts.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

I don't think this thought is evil, but I don't agree with it. We have not seen one teen mom whose difficult birth appeared to play any role in her future level of precautions. Which makes sense, given that the pregnancy and parenting are such gigantic lifestyle impositions on a teen that if she trivializes those, she can trivialize the pain, too.

I mean, how many people do you know who hoped to have several kids and only had one because birth hurts a lot? I know people who stopped after one because of complications that almost killed them, but not because labor hurts.

I agree with you. The pain of labor rarely stops an adult woman with resources from having more kids IF she wants kids, so applying that theory to a teen girl doesn’t follow through. IRL the COST of child rearing and/or almost dying (either mom or baby) has limited a woman’s desire for a 2nd or 3rd child more than a painful labor. I wouldn’t wish physical pain on anyone though (I’m childfree so hats off to all birth moms out there!)

There are also some patriarchal undertones to the pain of labor controlling women’s reproduction (I know you didn’t mean it that way @Poohbear617).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Rembeeazy said:

This is true. I absolutely don't think he deserves to be called a creepy obsessive stalker boyfriend based on what we've seen. I think that everyone here just has a natural tendency to draw their own conclusions based on personal projections or likability, and Max's bland personality and lofty faux wisdom doesn't make him all that likable or appealing. I don't interpret his desire to be around Chloe family all the time as entitlement or infringing on Jessica's precious territory – he's just bored and lonely with nowhere else to go and either doesn't have the social skills to recognize that he's overstepping boundaries or does it on purpose to get under Jessica's skin out of spite. He's not threatening or a shit-eating asshole like Diego, he's just offputting socially because there's no there there and Chloe's parents are clearly projecting apathy and antagonism onto that blank slate, which they don't seem to realize is creating a lot of unnecessary tension with Max where there would've otherwise been none apart from the usual impregnation resentment, If Jessica would take the stick  log out of her ass for 30 seconds and stop making the entire situation about her emotions and being forced to relive the failures of her youth, she would notice that Max just want someone to embrace him and take him under their wing, which doesn't necessarily have to go as far as surrogate parenting, and can be as simple as not being repulsed by his presence. If this is how hostile and overdramatic Jessica is choosing to be before the baby even arrives, every social/school event is going to be a nightmare for the next 30 years, right up to the kid's wedding.

@Scarlett45 You're right that Jo's parents took Kail in with open arms... and then she cheated on him under their roof, continues to trash talk their son and their entire family on TV for nine years, and graduated to an abusive, insatiable narcissist. An unfortunate cautionary tale to kindness and proof that you never know what you're getting when you decide to take in your teenager's baby mama/daddy. Love can't rehabilitate everyone lol

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

This is true. I absolutely don't think he deserves to be called a creepy obsessive stalker boyfriend based on what we've seen. I think that everyone here just has a natural tendency to draw their own conclusions based on personal projections or likability, and Max's bland personality and lofty faux wisdom doesn't make him all that likable or appealing. I don't interpret his desire to be around Chloe family all the time as entitlement or infringing on Jessica's precious territory – he's just bored and lonely with nowhere else to go and either doesn't have the social skills to recognize that he's overstepping boundaries or does it on purpose to get under Jessica's skin out of spite. He's not threatening or a shit-eating asshole like Diego, he's just offputting socially because there's no there there and Chloe's parents are clearly projecting apathy and antagonism onto that blank slate, which they don't seem to realize is creating a lot of unnecessary tension with Max where there would've otherwise been none apart from the usual impregnation resentment, If Jessica would take the stick  log out of her ass for 30 seconds and stop making the entire situation about her emotions and being forced to relive the failures of her youth, she would notice that Max just want someone to embrace him and take him under their wing, which doesn't necessarily have to go as far as surrogate parenting, and can be as simple as not being repulsed by his presence. If this is how hostile and overdramatic Jessica is choosing to be before the baby even arrives, every social/school event is going to be a nightmare for the next 30 years, right up to the kid's wedding.

@Scarlett45 You're right that Jo's parents took Kail in with open arms... and then she cheated on him under their roof, continues to trash talk their son and their entire family on TV for nine years, and graduated to an abusive, insatiable narcissist. An unfortunate cautionary tale to kindness and proof that you never know what you're getting when you decide to take in your teenager's baby mama/daddy. Love can't rehabilitate everyone lol

Max is obviously not an angel, but it breaks my heart that he seems to be looking for some kind of predictable family life.  Given the lack of guidance and stability there seems to be in his life, he hasn't turned out that badly.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Max is obviously not an angel, but it breaks my heart that he seems to be looking for some kind of predictable family life.  Given the lack of guidance and stability there seems to be in his life, he hasn't turned out that badly.  

I agree...apart from the apparent trespassing charges and felony theft from the elderly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, oldhag said:

Honey, no. You were not stupid! A 12-year-old should never be put in that position to begin with. I am so so sorry. You deserve much better in life than that. (((HUGS)))

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

If Jessica would take the stick  log out of her ass for 30 seconds and stop making the entire situation about her emotions and being forced to relive the failures of her youth, she would notice that Max just want someone to embrace him and take him under their wing, which doesn't necessarily have to go as far as surrogate parenting, and can be as simple as not being repulsed by his presence.

I quoted this part because I really do think a part of this is Jessica relieving her own teenage years and unresolved issues towards Chole’s bio dad. 

1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I agree...apart from the apparent trespassing charges and felony theft from the elderly.

Oh WHAT I didn’t know about this?!

43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I quoted this part because I really do think a part of this is Jessica relieving her own teenage years and unresolved issues towards Chole’s bio dad. 

Oh WHAT I didn’t know about this?!

You hit the nail on the head - Max has said as much in multiple THs. He may be dull, but he has her number. And here's the article about his rap sheet and most recent charges/guilty plea for stealing cash and a credit card from a 77-year-old woman.

5 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

You hit the nail on the head - Max has said as much in multiple THs. He may be dull, but he has her number. And here's the article about his rap sheet and most recent charges/guilty plea for stealing cash and a credit card from a 77-year-old woman.

Hot damn. Theft is absolutely a character crime and I wouldn’t trust him around my credit card. But young men have gotten less for sexual assault/fighting/violence towards another person. Imo being a felon IS NOT OKAY but I believe someone can be rehabilitated from something like this, but if you’re foregone enough to hurt another person or animal I have doubts. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I believe someone can be rehabilitated from something like this

Yes, they can, but remember, this theft happened in June, when he was either a new father or had a really pregnant girlfriend. In that circumstance, you have to be really out of touch to steal credit cards, buy yourself a mini-fridge, and show off your awesome new fridge on social media. Go buy a flat of diapers or a beautiful crib, and I'll have a drop of sympathy for you.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Yes, they can, but remember, this theft happened in June, when he was either a new father or had a really pregnant girlfriend. In that circumstance, you have to be really out of touch to steal credit cards, buy yourself a mini-fridge, and show off your awesome new fridge on social media. Go buy a flat of diapers or a beautiful crib, and I'll have a drop of sympathy for you.

Yes it did! Thank you.

He’s an idiot. I didn’t know about all this when I made my first statements- I just thought he was a lonely kid. 

Opinion AMENDED!?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
On 9/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, oldhag said:

No, you weren’t stupid. I’m sorry this happened to you. I was never raped but after a series of abusive relationships (not physical) I also have zero desire to be with anyone ever again. I’m good. 

McKayla recently did a video on when she lost her virginity. It was noted for her family not to watch. Lol.

I didn’t realize Max stole from the old woman during that time. That’s crazy. I get why Jessica doesn’t like him, I don’t like him either but she goes about it the wrong way. 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2018 at 12:36 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

McKayla, honey, condoms hurt because your boyfriend has never heard of foreplay. He is in it totally for his own pleasure, and clearly doesn't care if you enjoy yourself of not. Please stay celibate until you are mature enough and have enough self-esteem to realize that sex can AND SHOULD BE be pleasurable for BOTH parties.  

Thank you for this post. What a sad statement at so young an age. She must think this is as good as it gets...

• Love 5

He’s an idiot. I didn’t know about all this when I made my first statements- I just thought he was a lonely kid. 

He reminds me of our neighbor's kid.  The parents are nuts, and he seems to spend his time playing soccer by himself outside on the street.  My first instinct was to try to help him and be kind to him (he's only 9 years old) but then one day he rang our doorbell and asked if he could play with my oldest child.  I told him sure, but my younger one was napping and they couldn't play in our house.  They could play in our backyard, his backyard or his house.    They left and were back 20 minutes later, making noise in the living room near my sleeping younger child.  I went downstairs and reminded them that they needed to play outside.  The neighbor kid looked me straight in the eye and said, "oh, no, we can play inside because we're not being that loud."  I didn't want to embarrass my son, and it was close to nap time ending so I let them stay.  But the next few times this kid showed up I told him he absolutely couldn't come inside, and wasn't particularly kind about kicking him out (because otherwise he'd keep coming back and I have no patience for a kid who disrespects me in my own house).  And I explained to my son the reason he was being thrown out was that he didn't respect my rules, and I wasn't going to tolerate that in my house.  

• Love 8

Am I the only one who thought that McKayla meant that the condoms hurt CAELEN? I mean, if so, it's probably some BS he fed her, because he doesn't want to wear them. But I thought she was saying, "Calen won't wear condoms because they hurt and *I* won't take BC because of the bad side effects."

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Quilty said:

These bitches WANT to get pregnant. I don't believe anything that they say!

True that Quilty.  Way too much internet to find out about birth control, way too many resources, way too many peers to ask, let alone a school counselor or health nurse.  When I was their age I was not getting busy (no moral high road, here, just a choice I made) and when I was post high school I was bc pill'd up, diaphram'd up, condom'd up - you name it!!!  (Good thing too, turns out I could get pregnant by sharing a straw at the malt shop!!!) 

• Love 9
On 12/4/2017 at 5:48 PM, lovesnark said:

I don't get them not swaddling the babies, either. I have a crazy theory, though. If they swaddled them, they wouldn't be able to see the cute clothes they dressed their dolly in. My daughter hated being swaddled, my son loved it. For the first month of his life, my son would scream and flail his little arms and legs at every diaper change. The minute you wrapped him back up, he'd settle right down.

Shayden acted like he ruled the roost before the baby was born, too. Remember him stomping off and dropping his bathrobe on the floor because he didn't like what he heard? We haven't seen his mom much but I bet he treats her the same way. Lexus's mom really needs to nip that crap in the bud. Show him the door when he acts like it's his way or the highway and tell him not to come back until he can act respectful in HER home. Lexus was doing fine with the baby when she was home during the day. Baby was sleeping in her swing with her pacifier in her mouth and Lexus even commented to her mom that she was bored because all the baby did was eat, poop and sleep. The minute the punk showed up and took over, all hell broke loose. Babies sense stress and nervousness and react to it. I hope Lexus's mom points that out to him as she's throwing his stuff out the door.

I’m catching up and just watched this episode.  I would have told Shaeden to get the hell out of my house.  Handling a newborn so roughly with one arm and talking about spoiling her.  He’s not only dumb as shit, he has anger issues.  If I were Lexus’s mom, he would have set visiting hours to see Scarlet....and I’d make damned sure I was home for the visits.  She was adamant to Lexus that he not spend the night, but he did.  He’d be leaving before I went to bed to make sure he didn’t stay over.  And wow, the mom should stop telling us she is a 31 year old grandmother, because I would have guessed mid forties.

• Love 8