Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

As far as the medical coverage for the baby, somebody has been paying for well baby visits/shots and if they’ve gone almost a year without insurance and just paying cash that’s on Kelsey just as much as Lexis. After all, who’d be paying the bill? I’d bet Lexis doesn’t even know how to apply for assistance. If Kelsey didn’t need it, why would Lexis know anything about it? Somebody should have sat Lexis down and explained to her how it worked and how she could apply. Before Scarlett was damn near a year old. 

Wouldn't someone from the hospital have already gotten Lexus/Scarlett on some kind of insurance (private or state) before discharge?  I thought there would be a social worker or someone to do that.  I haven't been to a birth, but a couple of months ago my father was hospitalized (he's fine now, thankfully) and even though he was 100% mentally there, had my mother and me there, and three insurances, a social worker was part of the treatment team to make sure he had everything he'd need upon discharge.  I can't see how a hospital wouldn't have the same level of care for a newborn (not to mention that the hospital would want to get paid for the baby care, apart from the maternal care).

Chloe's mother is too all over the place; I barely could keep up with her changing story of not wanting Max around for the shower, but then wanted him to come to the lantern thing to "start fresh"....it's like she ping-ponged back and forth.  Maybe it was wonky editing, but maybe she's that muddled in the brain.  In any event, she lost all ground on her baby shower argument after she admitted she had three showers.  That level of tacky is disqualifying. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, KBrownie said:

If Chloe and Max have such a problem with her mother, then they can always find them somewhere to live and take care of and provide for the child they decided to bring into the world.  Same with Lexus and Shayden when it comes to Kelsey.  And Diego.

Oh, wait.  They can't do that, can they?  Because they have absolutely no way of providing for the child they've selfishly decided to create and bring into the world.  None of them have any jobs, can't even provide the basic of needs for their own child, but have such problems with the people who are providing literally everything for their kid.  There is no sense of "maybe I should just be quiet and suck it up since this person is doing everything for me and my kid right now."  No, it's "I have rights!"  "It's my kid!"  Then step the f up and take of care of your own shit then, Chole/Max/Lexus/Shayden/Diego.  Then you wouldn't have to deal with anyone else when it came to your child.  But you can't, can you?  So STFU and be grateful that someone else is doing what you can't and providing, very well from the looks of some of these cribs, clothes, etc., for a child that they didn't ask for, yet are completely responsible for.

I don't care, Kelsey, Jessica, Bridget, etc. are allowed to feel however they want about these situations that their idiot children put them in.  If their kid and their idiot partners don't like it, then they can pack their shit and try it on their own.  They don't have to grin and bear it if they don't feel like it just to appease the unappreciative and entitled boyfriends and their own useless daughters who are doing nothing to help.  And for the most part, they have been grinning and bearing it.  They are surrounded by idiots playing house who have no clue about anything and for the most part they keep their mouths shut, otherwise, things would be a lot worse.

This! What grates on me is them constantly reminding everyone that it's their kid and their decision on one hand while crying about how they can't do it without help on the other (I'm looking at you, Lexus). Pick one. You are either completely responsible for your baby (and all that entails) or you need help (which comes with opinions). 

I think Jessica is having a meltdown. Chloe seems to be recreating the dysfunction that Jessica encountered with Chloe's father, so she's having a hard time dealing.

Kelsey is just fed up. She's working and taking care of Scarlet while Lexus goes to school and pretends she's still a carefree teenager. The license thing bothered me because I got mine at 16, and I knew exactly what was required. I had to have taken driver's ed or had my learner's permit for 6 months. I got the permit in May so when my birthday rolled around in December, I was set. Not that hard, Lexus. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ivylady said:

That's her grandmother apparently. She sounds crazy. "We're going 68 in a 45. Let's get it up to 70." No. 

I didn't realize Lexus didn't have insurance for Scarlet. That's crazy. She should qualify for Medicaid if Kelsey can't add her to her insurance, right? That means that she was too lazy to fill out the paperwork, which is ridiculous. 

When they were on the way to the hospital to have Scarlet, Lexu's mother said to Shayden in the car, "I have insurance for my daughter, you need to get insurance for your daughter." This as Shayden was hanging all over Lexus to the point that I was squirming. I don't understand why they haven't looked into getting coverage for her. Well, yes I guess I do understand now that I've seen that Lexus is incapable of understanding what is required in order to get her driver's license.

5 hours ago, KBrownie said:

If Chloe and Max have such a problem with her mother, then they can always find them somewhere to live and take care of and provide for the child they decided to bring into the world.  Same with Lexus and Shayden when it comes to Kelsey.  And Diego.

Oh, wait.  They can't do that, can they?  Because they have absolutely no way of providing for the child they've selfishly decided to create and bring into the world.  None of them have any jobs, can't even provide the basic of needs for their own child, but have such problems with the people who are providing literally everything for their kid.  There is no sense of "maybe I should just be quiet and suck it up since this person is doing everything for me and my kid right now."  No, it's "I have rights!"  "It's my kid!"  Then step the f up and take of care of your own shit then, Chole/Max/Lexus/Shayden/Diego.  Then you wouldn't have to deal with anyone else when it came to your child.  But you can't, can you?  So STFU and be grateful that someone else is doing what you can't and providing, very well from the looks of some of these cribs, clothes, etc., for a child that they didn't ask for, yet are completely responsible for.

I don't care, Kelsey, Jessica, Bridget, etc. are allowed to feel however they want about these situations that their idiot children put them in.  If their kid and their idiot partners don't like it, then they can pack their shit and try it on their own.  They don't have to grin and bear it if they don't feel like it just to appease the unappreciative and entitled boyfriends and their own useless daughters who are doing nothing to help.  And for the most part, they have been grinning and bearing it.  They are surrounded by idiots playing house who have no clue about anything and for the most part they keep their mouths shut, otherwise, things would be a lot worse.

The above is why we need a super duper love button here. I totally agree. If you know everything, great. Go employ your knowledge and everything will be just swell. I just can't get on board with taking this kind of shit from a teenager. I just can't. These decisions affect everyone in a huge way. Kids cost a fortune and all these girls who "know what they are doing" have zero appreciation for the burden they are putting on their family. Of course everything is hunky dory for these pregnant teens: they have a roof, food, parents to drive them everywhere, a room full of gifts from showers, etc. They are willing to take, take, take from their parents but once mom says that possessive boyfriend is not invited to sit around here all day speaking for you and having his mail redirected there, then it's all "woe is me, things are so unfair." If these minor girls want to live at home, then their parents call the shots, period.  I do think Chloe's mother is confusing the hell out of her by flip flopping around and that is something I can't get on board with. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Heck no it was her GRANDMA!!! They laughed about it?

Haven't seen this yet but then Grandma is a hazard on the roads.

9 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Lauren is fucked up in the head wanting to be a stripper, gross! 

Whaaaaa??

1 hour ago, Ivylady said:

Kelsey is just fed up. She's working and taking care of Scarlet while Lexus goes to school and pretends she's still a carefree teenager.

I think Kelsey is a bit of an enabler. She likes to sit & shake her head at her daughter, threaten her, act fed up like she's the victim, then what? Nothing... do it all over again. I'm tired of Kelsey now too.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Chloe's mother is too all over the place; I barely could keep up with her changing story of not wanting Max around for the shower, but then wanted him to come to the lantern thing to "start fresh"....it's like she ping-ponged back and forth.  Maybe it was wonky editing, but maybe she's that muddled in the brain.  In any event, she lost all ground on her baby shower argument after she admitted she had three showers.  That level of tacky is disqualifying. 

I felt like once HER parents (the grandparents) showed up, she suddenly changed her tune. And she ended up gaslighting her daughter. 

Oh, and apparently the rule is that men can't come to the baby shower until it's the 3rd one and you're over it. Pay attention, Max!

1 hour ago, Ivylady said:

Kelsey is just fed up. She's working and taking care of Scarlet while Lexus goes to school and pretends she's still a carefree teenager. The license thing bothered me because I got mine at 16, and I knew exactly what was required. I had to have taken driver's ed or had my learner's permit for 6 months. I got the permit in May so when my birthday rolled around in December, I was set. Not that hard, Lexus. 

You're right. But I feel like this is a monster Kelsey has created. She bitches and moans, but keeps doing stuff for Lexus. The kid ain't never going to learn that way. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Wouldn't someone from the hospital have already gotten Lexus/Scarlett on some kind of insurance (private or state) before discharge?  I thought there would be a social worker or someone to do that.  I haven't been to a birth, but a couple of months ago my father was hospitalized (he's fine now, thankfully) and even though he was 100% mentally there, had my mother and me there, and three insurances, a social worker was part of the treatment team to make sure he had everything he'd need upon discharge.  I can't see how a hospital wouldn't have the same level of care for a newborn (not to mention that the hospital would want to get paid for the baby care, apart from the maternal care).

Chloe's mother is too all over the place; I barely could keep up with her changing story of not wanting Max around for the shower, but then wanted him to come to the lantern thing to "start fresh"....it's like she ping-ponged back and forth.  Maybe it was wonky editing, but maybe she's that muddled in the brain.  In any event, she lost all ground on her baby shower argument after she admitted she had three showers.  That level of tacky is disqualifying

In response to the first paragraph, I'm not sure if they do speak to you about it at the hospital. When I had my son 20+ years ago, no one came in and talked to me and I knew nothing about government assistance. Of course this was before Google searches so I had to actually put some effort into finding out what to do. My mother was also sick last year (also fine now, thank you - and glad to hear about your dad) and social workers did come and speak to us about different programs and things, though she is insured and qualifies for nothing.

For the bolded, yes. Who has a baby shower for every single baby they have? I could see different sexes, many years in between pregnancies or something. Jessica hates Max. Period. Regardless of what she said in front of her parents. She's going to have a REAL problem when he wants to have the kid without Chloe and/or at his house. 

57 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

When they were on the way to the hospital to have Scarlet, Lexu's mother said to Shayden in the car, "I have insurance for my daughter, you need to get insurance for your daughter." This as Shayden was hanging all over Lexus to the point that I was squirming. I don't understand why they haven't looked into getting coverage for her. Well, yes I guess I do understand now that I've seen that Lexus is incapable of understanding what is required in order to get her driver's license.

45 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Kelsey is a bit of an enabler. She likes to sit & shake her head at her daughter, threaten her, act fed up like she's the victim, then what? Nothing... do it all over again. I'm tired of Kelsey now too.

40 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You're right. But I feel like this is a monster Kelsey has created. She bitches and moans, but keeps doing stuff for Lexus. The kid ain't never going to learn that way. 

Agreed. Kelsey created this monster by doing everything for Lexus. She plays a good game of constantly moaning and complaining but Scarlett is almost a toddler now. How could that much time have gone on without her having any insurance and neither Lexis, Kelsey or Shayden (though he was in jail for part of her life) have been concerned enough to actually do anything about it? 

Laura's parents might actually be doing her a service by being so freakishly distanced from their daughter. She and her boyfriend will have to figure things out on their own because grandma and grandpa don't hover (read: don't really seem to care that much)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Yesssss! Like x 1000.  I just don’t get it.  Who the hell do these kids think they are?  Just because you had sex and made a baby doesn not make you an adult.  And if you want to make decisions for your child and raise them as you see fit, then get a job and get the hell out of your parents’ house.  Because, as far as the state I live in goes, the law requires a parent to provide food, clothing and shelter to their minor children. Not grandchildren.  So Jessica, Kelsey and Bridget are already going above and beyond.  Most parents wouldn’t turn their backs on their grandkids, but they have no legal obligation to provide, and provide well.  These punks wanting to run the show in other adults houses would not stand in my family. Nor would the girls making demands like they’ve gotten free rides to Harvard and have earned the right to have their way.  Heiffers please.  You’re stupid, irresponsible and selfish, so have a seat.  

I got where Jessica was coming from. Chloe is disrespectful just by arguing with her mom about something her mom is paying for after totally screwing up hsr life and their plans.   Yeah it’s Chloe’s shower, but it’s Jessica’s money, and no one is entitled to a baby shower anyway.  Especially when you get knocked up by a loser at 15.  Chloe is still a minor, and she should have thought about that before getting pregnant.  

As for the three baby showers over 2 kids thing, I think Jessica was implying that she was comfortable having a co-ed shower the last time because she’d already gotten that special first shower.  And perhaps if Max had taken his ass home a long time ago, ahe wouldn’t feel the need to cut him out of the shower.  He’s a suffocating, stage 5 clinger who needs to realize he is not a part of that family.  Everyone else is family but him.  His situation may be somewhat unfortunate (who knows since he’s not all that clear about it), but they don’t owe him a family, or have to let him be a part of their family just because he wants one.  It might sound mean, but that’s his problem not theirs.  

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Lexus is a perpetual fuck up.  She spends all her time, attention and brain power on bullshit like Shayden, chasing girls and drama, but can’t figure out her baby needs health insurance, or how to get her license. If I was Kelsey, I’d be mad too. Dealing with people like that is annoying and tiring.  You take all your resources to tend to their needs, and they take all their resources for their wants. 

I wish we could swap out the moms.  Diego needs a Kelsey around to tune him up.  If he thinks he can’t tolerate Kim, then he wouldn’t be abow to handle Kelsey’s criticism.  Max needs someone like Shannon so he can see how needy and annoying his constant presence is to Chloe’s family, and how it feels to be with someone who wants all the attention all the time.  Chloe could benefit from Kim’s calm demeanor, and Lexus needs Jessica’s organizational skills. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I got where Jessica was coming from. Chloe is disrespectful just by arguing with her mom about something her mom is paying for after totally screwing up hsr life and their plans.   Yeah it’s Chloe’s shower, but it’s Jessica’s money, and no one is entitled to a baby shower anyway.  Especially when you get knocked up by a loser at 15.  Chloe is still a minor, and she should have thought about that before getting pregnant.  

Exactly. And again, Jessica sounded as if she was at her wits end. Chloe shows more concern for Max’s every thought and feeling than she does for how much of a burden she and Max are putting on her family.  Her and Max should just be saying “Thank you for the shower and EVERYTHING else you’re doing for us.  I know you don’t have to” and keep it moving. They have no other plans or inclination to do for themselves, so suck it up. 

2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

As for the three baby showers over 2 kids thing, I think Jessica was implying that she was comfortable having a co-ed shower the last time because she’d already gotten that special first shower.  And perhaps if Max had taken his ass home a long time ago, ahe wouldn’t feel the need to cut him out of the shower.  He’s a suffocating, stage 5 clinger who needs to realize he is not a part of that family.  Everyone else is family but him.  His situation may be somewhat unfortunate (who knows since he’s not all that clear about it), but they don’t owe him a family, or have to let him be a part of their family just because he wants one.  It might sound mean, but that’s his problem not theirs.  

Yeah, and it’s not a big deal if Jessica had a third baby shower.   It was likely on her own dime and she can do what she wants. 

Plus, her husband isn’t Chloe’s biological father. I believe he is the father of Jessica’s youngest child, so maybe it was his first child and shower and the focus was on him. Regardless, they were grown-ass people doing what they wanted with their money. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 3

So Miss McKayla admits to not using birth control next week and that she's six days late and brought a pregnancy test to Shelly's house.  How STUPID does this girl have to be to not have learned her lesson the first time?  Grandma Cindy, Grandpa Tim or even Mother of the Year Shannon should march her ass right down to the clinic and tell her, you're getting the shot right now where I can witness it or I'm done and you can just go live in that shithole of a basement with your mom.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

So Miss McKayla admits to not using birth control next week and that she's six days late and brought a pregnancy test to Shelly's house.  How STUPID does this girl have to be to not have learned her lesson the first time?  Grandma Cindy, Grandpa Tim or even Mother of the Year Shannon should march her ass right down to the clinic and tell her, you're getting the shot right now where I can witness it or I'm done and you can just go live in that shithole of a basement with your mom.

I hope this was show induced fake drama. Because if not, dumb as rocks, both of them.

58 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yesssss! Like x 1000.  I just don’t get it.  Who the hell do these kids think they are?  Just because you had sex and made a baby doesn not make you an adult.  And if you want to make decisions for your child and raise them as you see fit, then get a job and get the hell out of your parents’ house.  Because, as far as the state I live in goes, the law requires a parent to provide food, clothing and shelter to their minor children. Not grandchildren.  So Jessica, Kelsey and Bridget are already going above and beyond.  Most parents wouldn’t turn their backs on their grandkids, but they have no legal obligation to provide, and provide well.  These punks wanting to run the show in other adults houses would not stand in my family. Nor would the girls making demands like they’ve gotten free rides to Harvard and have earned the right to have their way.  Heiffers please.  You’re stupid, irresponsible and selfish, so have a seat.  

See, but we can't have it both ways. You're saying Chloe's still a kid and she has - and should have - no control over anything, but then we get on Lexis for not being adult enough to get her child some health insurance. So, either we want these kids to grow up or we want them to remain under their parents control. It can't be both. And everyone should be held to the same standard. If Chloe and Max are supposed to be treated as an teenage parents that will be totally responsible for their kid then she should have the right to say, I'd like to have my baby's father at the baby shower. No biggie. Who the hell cares anyway. It's a few hours. But Jessica wants to retain complete control over her daughter. She absolutely cannot allow Max to have these measly few hours because she's tired of him altogether. I get that and I sympathize, because the boy is weird but making this much of a fuss and then going to the extreme of "Fine, I won't do anything for you," and throwing a tantrum herself was ridiculous. And as a said before, it's passive aggressive at it's finest. I'll only have the shower if you don't invite the boyfriend that I hate is too much like I'll take my ball and go home if we don't play the game I want to play. Is it worth making your pregnant daughter cry? Is it THAT serious? 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I hope this was show induced fake drama. Because if not, dumb as rocks, both of them.

See, but we can't have it both ways. You're saying Chloe's still a kid and she has - and should have - no control over anything, but then we get on Lexis for not being adult enough to get her child some health insurance. So, either we want these kids to grow up or we want them to remain under their parents control. It can't be both. And everyone should be held to the same standard. If Chloe and Max are supposed to be treated as an teenage parents that will be totally responsible for their kid then she should have the right to say, I'd like to have my baby's father at the baby shower. No biggie. Who the hell cares anyway. It's a few hours. But Jessica wants to retain complete control over her daughter. She absolutely cannot allow Max to have these measly few hours because she's tired of him altogether. I get that and I sympathize, because the boy is weird but making this much of a fuss and then going to the extreme of "Fine, I won't do anything for you," and throwing a tantrum herself was ridiculous. And as a said before, it's passive aggressive at it's finest. I'll only have the shower if you don't invite the boyfriend that I hate is too much like I'll take my ball and go home if we don't play the game I want to play. Is it worth making your pregnant daughter cry? Is it THAT serious? 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.  That’s the beauty of these forums, and I get what you’re saying too.  

Chloe probably cries for everything, pregnant or not because she’s spoiled.  I think she should have final say about many aspects regarding her child’s life, but it annyoys me that she doesn’t listen to a thing anyone tries to tell her about Max. I know it’s typical teenage stuff but this girl is obtuse.  Just because Mom does she like Max doesn’t mean she isn’t making valid points from time to time.  I still think Max would have been more welcomed at the shower had he not tried to force himself into every aspect of Chloe’s life and speak for her.  He won’t let the girl breathe, and those relationships fizzle out fast.  He wore out his welcome a long time ago. He should have been happy to have the dad’s bonding experience with her stepdad. They could have got him some dad gear like a diaper backpack and silly “daddy’s girl” onesies. They didn’t have to offer that to him but they did.  But Max wants to force a family on his terms.  

I also wonder if some of this Jessica’s reaction is based on Max’s criminal activity that the show didn’t capture.  TLC likes to play tricks so it’s hard to tell. 

I actually don’t think Lexus is an adult, nor do I expect her to behave like one. Her issue is that she focuses on the wrong things.  She should focus on her relationship with Shayden less, and taking care of Scarlett (God I hate that name) and herself more, in that order.  I guess he really gets my goat because I have a relative like this.  They can always manage to get the things they want accomplished, but not the things they need to do.  She also seems to ignore her mom’s advice, which is probably why the baby has no insurance (did Indiana do Medicais expansion? Scarlett should have CHIP).  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I still think Max would have been more welcomed at the shower had he not tried to force himself into every aspect of Chloe’s life and speak for her.  He won’t let the girl breathe, and those relationships fizzle out fast.  He wore out his welcome a long time ago. He should have been happy to have the dad’s bonding experience with her stepdad. They could have got him some dad gear like a diaper backpack and silly “daddy’s girl” onesies. They didn’t have to offer that to him but they did.  But Max wants to force a family on his terms.  

And that's the crux of the issue: Max purposefully got Chloe pregnant to create the family he feels he never had. He said as much in one of the talking heads.  He's too young and immature to realize that's never going to happen here. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.  That’s the beauty of these forums, and I get what you’re saying too.  

Chloe probably cries for everything, pregnant or not because she’s spoiled.  I think she should have final say about many aspects regarding her child’s life, but it annyoys me that she doesn’t listen to a thing anyone tries to tell her about Max. I know it’s typical teenage stuff but this girl is obtuse.  Just because Mom does she like Max doesn’t mean she isn’t making valid points from time to time.  I still think Max would have been more welcomed at the shower had he not tried to force himself into every aspect of Chloe’s life and speak for her.  He won’t let the girl breathe, and those relationships fizzle out fast.  He wore out his welcome a long time ago. He should have been happy to have the dad’s bonding experience with her stepdad. They could have got him some dad gear like a diaper backpack and silly “daddy’s girl” onesies. They didn’t have to offer that to him but they did.  But Max wants to force a family on his terms.  

I also wonder if some of this Jessica’s reaction is based on Max’s criminal activity that the show didn’t capture.  TLC likes to play tricks so it’s hard to tell. 

I actually don’t think Lexus is an adult, nor do I expect her to behave like one. Her issue is that she focuses on the wrong things.  She should focus on her relationship with Shayden less, and taking care of Scarlett (God I hate that name) and herself more, in that order.  I guess he really gets my goat because I have a relative like this.  They can always manage to get the things they want accomplished, but not the things they need to do.  She also seems to ignore her mom’s advice, which is probably why the baby has no insurance (did Indiana do Medicais expansion? Scarlett should have CHIP).  

I do get your points as well. And I 100% agree that Max likely got Chloe pregnant on purpose because he wants a family. Chloe has stars in her eyes right now. She is pregnant with his kid, he's attentive, he just wants to be there for her and the baby - she sees his overbearing and smothering as cute and protective. She can't see the bad in him (I wonder if that's changed now since he's been in trouble). But I fear what Jessica is doing is pushing Chloe closer to Max instead of further away. Didn't Max want his father to come to the bonding experience in lieu of baby shower and then Chloe's mom and stepdad nixed that idea? They have to compromise somewhere because like it or not, that kid is the father of their grandchild. They could have agreed to have the dads go out and then problem solved. 

I think Kelsey has enabled Lexus too much, even though she complains about their lack of parenting, she's doing everything for Lexus and not making her learn how to be a parent - or even how to adult competently. Lexus is dependent on her mom for rides. I bet if she'd had to take the bus to Scarlett's doctor's appointments, she'd have known what the requirements were for getting her license. If Kelsey refused to pay for Scarlett's shots and told Lexus to research CHIP, I bet Lexus would have figured it out - or she would have whined about how hard it was and she and Kelsey could have sat down together and done it. I don't know what Shayden is doing beyond playing with the kid every now and then.

• Love 2

^^^ I wish I could love this more than once.

I was a teen parent. My mom was (but didn't have me until late in life) and I lectured my daughters all the time when they were teens. When they got old enough, they got implants. I told them all of my horror stories. You do not want this life. You don't. 

• Love 6

I really don't see the issue with Max wanting to be involved in things concerning the baby. There's other ways for Jessica to establish Chloe's space without being an asshat and trying to prevent him from coming to the baby shower. Like grandpa said, if your baby's dad bailed on you when you were a teen you should be grateful that your grandchild has a young father that shows interest in him/her. Rather than being rude and mean to Max when he's around Jessica should just be honest and tell him that his constant presence is too much and perhaps they can agree to a visitation schedule. I just feel she's creating a situation where there will be resentment, whether Max and Chloe stay together and he holds on to all the times she made him feel unwanted, or if they break up and Chloe always blames her for it. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

she lost all ground on her baby shower argument after she admitted she had three showers

And her last one was co-ed! That's some BS. I completely agree that Jessica has the RIGHT to dish whatever BS she wants to in her own house, but I'm still going to call out her foolishness.

I can't fathom how shocked, shocked the grandparents are that a third generation of unprepared teens is pregnant. You geniuses kept doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Get. Them. Long. Term. Birth. Control.

5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

That's her grandmother apparently. She sounds crazy. "We're going 68 in a 45. Let's get it up to 70." No. 

In Grandma's defense, go look at Frederick, OK on Google Maps. The hospital is in Lawton. The odds that they would see another living creature (besides a cow) on that road late at night are loooooong odds. She's still wrong to run red lights, but that's a lot less crazy in the flat, straight-road, deserted middle of nowhere than it would be in a city.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really have no words for Shannon. She is relentless. Sends a bunch of guilt texts, then pops by to play victim and cry in your face. 

I get irritated by McKayla's refusal to speak up, but I almost kind of get it. Shannon is just SO narcissistic.

I liked how she tried to out her dad as an alcoholic. Oh, and notice Calen got Timmy out of there, but Shannon had no issue screaming in HER baby's ear. She's trash. 

Shannon is the WORST!  When she thought she was being all sneaky, outing her dad as an alcoholic.  He is taking care of his family -- YOUR CHILDREN -- he can have a beer at the end of the day.  How dare she say anything hinting at him being an alcoholic.  She tried to kind of walk it back, probably to protect her own ass and also because it isn't true.  She's a disgusting manipulative liar.

11 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Heck no it was her GRANDMA!!! They laughed about it?

I agree that it is extremely dangerous, BUT I think they live out in the middle of nowhere.  I have lived in the city, and in the middle of cornfields, and I think it's ok to go faster when there is no one around.  I am sure she looked before running the red light.  I think the show made it seem worse than it was.  I am just guessing though.

7 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

In Grandma's defense, go look at Frederick, OK on Google Maps. The hospital is in Lawton. The odds that they would see another living creature (besides a cow) on that road late at night are loooooong odds. She's still wrong to run red lights, but that's a lot less crazy in the flat, straight-road, deserted middle of nowhere than it would be in a city.

HA - how funny we both had the same thought at the same time!

10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

My youngest is 5, and no one at the hospital asked about insurance.  They asked about my pediatrician, and that was it.  Of course, I am not a teen mom and they probably figured I didn't need help understanding how insurance works.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes, it is Jessica's money going toward the shower. But I think it's pretty shitty to be like, "It's my money, so I get to control over who comes". As weird as it may seem to some, the dude really wants to be there. And if CHLOE (who Jessica is ostensibly throwing the shower FOR) doesn't have a problem with him being there, I don't get why anyone else cares that much. 

Maybe Jessica should just have a grandma shower. 

58 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

McKayla needs Al-Anon (or Alateen, based on her emotional age!) in the worst kinda way. I did crack up at Shannon's "My dad always had a beer to drink" -- not she didn't say he got drunk or that he was a drunk! And then she said "well, and it's not like he ruined anyone's life with it...."  Yeah, Shannon, beer is a BEVERAGE to some people. Not you, but milk that resentment..... Would love to sponsor her for a week or two :/

That made me so mad. The way she brought it up - in her THs. So he couldn't defend himself. It was super shady. She's just trying to deflect from her OWN issues. 

18 minutes ago, Rembeeazy said:

I really don't see the issue with Max wanting to be involved in things concerning the baby. There's other ways for Jessica to establish Chloe's space without being an asshat and trying to prevent him from coming to the baby shower. Like grandpa said, if your baby's dad bailed on you when you were a teen you should be grateful that your grandchild has a young father that shows interest in him/her. Rather than being rude and mean to Max when he's around Jessica should just be honest and tell him that his constant presence is too much and perhaps they can agree to a visitation schedule. I just feel she's creating a situation where there will be resentment, whether Max and Chloe stay together and he holds on to all the times she made him feel unwanted, or if they break up and Chloe always blames her for it. 

I agree. His constant presence IS worrisome. But using the baby shower as your hill to die on is a bad call, IMO. This is why I can't stand Jessica. It's all passive aggressive BS. Just sit him down and say, "I get that you're dating our daughter, and now having a baby with her, but this isn't HER house alone. We have a lot going on here and it's just too much for you to be over here all the time. If you guys feel the need to be together that much, you need to figure out a way to save up and get your own place. In the meantime, you're allowed to come over on ____". And lay out a schedule that works for the parents. But don't deny him from coming to a celebration of his child when he WANTS to be involved. 

• Love 13

Of course Shannon is the worst human being on the show.  Not much to add. Tim and his wife are saving lives and they are doing a nice job with Mykala,  my favorite teen. 

i may be a minority opinion but I feel Kelsey is the second worst parent on the show.  Lexus still needs guidance and an ongoing, executive overview on things like qualifying for a drivers license.  I parented my kids through college, and beyond, yet Kelsey seems to have quit parenting her 16 year old.  All she does is yell at her daughter. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Kelsey EVER parented Lexus. That's why they're in the mess they're in. I imagine she always yelled, yelled, yelled with no follow through.

???? Preach!

In the previews for next week, once I heard Kelsey say “they’re going to have to show me...” for the 928245th time, I wanted to scream! I also wish she would give them an actual list stating XYZ and other specifics that need to be worked on instead of the same shit we hear over and over again. (She reminds me of Jesse on “90 Day Fiancé”; always telling Darcey to “work on yourself” without saying what she needs to work on!)

After pulling Lexus out of school early (because we all know she can afford to miss class!), when Kelsey filled out the blank forms for Lexus while they were en route to the DMV/license office, I lost all hope. Kelsey should’ve made Lexus pull over and fill it out herself or re-scheduled the appointment as a learning opportunity for Lexus. She is an enabler, big time, and it’s not going to do anyone any favors.

I would’ve liked to have seen footage from the night before that showed them prepping for the driving test. Sometimes you need a second set of eyes to catch a mistake or to confirm that everything is good to go. $5 says those two were at opposite ends of the house and probably communicated via text message.

Also, the way they speak to each other (especially in the car) doesn’t sound like they are a parent and child. It sounds more like sisters who are arguing, which makes me wonder what teen mom Kelsey’s experiences were when Lexus was younger.  Did Kelsey’s mom enable her, so she’s repeating the cycle?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 10

I just cannot muster up any sympathy for these teens. I think they should have full control over their kids as far as getting up and getting around with them and being stuck inside all day, coming straight home from school, arranging day care, looking into medical coverage and other assistance, etc. (and the parents can certainly guide them). But their "authority" ends at doing anything with regard to something that they do not own: things like inviting the baby's father to get his mail at a home that your parents pay for, or expecting them to allow this person to stay over or be disrespectful, etc. Those are the things that I believe the parents should maintain control over.  

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, IvySpice said:

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree that it is extremely dangerous, BUT I think they live out in the middle of nowhere.  I have lived in the city, and in the middle of cornfields, and I think it's ok to go faster when there is no one around.  I am sure she looked before running the red light.  I think the show made it seem worse than it was.  I am just guessing though.

I kind of agree, but I also know how really dangerous that thought can be. I live in Saskatchewan, where we joke that you can see your dog runaway for 3 days. Roads are long and straight and my province is small in terms of population for such a large land area. But in April a semi ran a stop sign and hit a bus carrying a hockey team killing 16 of the 29 on board. This accident was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, a small town hockey team headed to another small town on a long stretch of road. So no, she shouldn't be running a red light. There's a light there for a reason, and another car could have come speeding through that intersection thinking "oh there definitely won't be anyone else around this late at night". 

On topic: Chloe's mom should set boundaries with Max. That way him wanting to be apart of the baby shower wouldn't be seen as him wanting to be around at all times, but rather wanting to be around for this one thing. The kid having mail delivered to their house is weird and shouldn't be happening. Kelsey needs to stop threatening and deliver on the threat. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm also really starting to dislike Jessica. The more i watch her, the more sneaky and underhanded she comes off. She was ADAMANT about Max not coming to the shower. Then she's all, "I'm fine with Max coming. I'm all about new beginnings, but if you want to hold on to stuff..." It's like she's trying to gaslight her own daughter. And I really didn't like her judging what Chloe got upset about. 

She's just super passive aggressive. She refuses to address anything. Bitches about it, then acts all fake. 

100% agree

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

As for the three baby showers over 2 kids thing, I think Jessica was implying that she was comfortable having a co-ed shower the last time because she’d already gotten that special first shower.

But why is it up to her to decide what is “special” for someone else? For me, not having a shower is special, because I despise them. Didn’t have a bridal shower, wouldn’t have a baby shower if I were interested in kids - I politely declined when someone offered to throw one. Some people think having a co-ed shower is nice/special. The mom is just as much of a control freak as she claims Max is.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I kind of agree, but I also know how really dangerous that thought can be. I live in Saskatchewan, where we joke that you can see your dog runaway for 3 days. Roads are long and straight and my province is small in terms of population for such a large land area. But in April a semi ran a stop sign and hit a bus carrying a hockey team killing 16 of the 29 on board. This accident was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, a small town hockey team headed to another small town on a long stretch of road. So no, she shouldn't be running a red light. There's a light there for a reason, and another car could have come speeding through that intersection thinking "oh there definitely won't be anyone else around this late at night". 

I remember reading about that; what a tragedy.  We have open roads around us & many bad accidents at night when 'no one' is around.

Also, there was another car crossing before she got to the intersection & sat on her horn (good luck with that, you're not a damn ambulance). Her driving was ridiculous & very dangerous.

I'm assuming Chloe wants the baby shower; mom just wants to dictate who should be there. I wonder though, how comfortable Max would be with all those women & no other guys. If he's just there for the presents, well, no, it's not "Christmas"- it's all baby things, Max.

I was annoyed when they said they shouldn't expect a 'thank you' from a 16yo. They never taught her from a young age someone does something for you or gives you something you say "Thank you." ??  The shower was not something they owed Chloe & she should - & can if she cares - show gratitude.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Shannon is the WORST!  When she thought she was being all sneaky, outing her dad as an alcoholic.  He is taking care of his family -- YOUR CHILDREN -- he can have a beer at the end of the day.  How dare she say anything hinting at him being an alcoholic.  She tried to kind of walk it back, probably to protect her own ass and also because it isn't true.  She's a disgusting manipulative liar.

Shannon, your dad has no trouble with employment, run ins with the law nor social situations with alcohol.  He is not an alcoholic by that definition.  He can have three beers at the end of the day and as long as he gets up in the morning to function and not drive, he is good.  Shut yourself up.

Per the housing:  If I were the mom of a teen mom (God help me) I would find a place that I CAN AFFORD BY MYSELF and move in.  I would ask teen mom/daughter if she wants to move in but again, I CAN AFFORD IT ALONE.  Teen daughter/mom would have to pitch in for, you know, LIFE as that is what grown ups do.  Macayla needs to learn to pay bills on time and be a grown up as she wants to be an adult.  Time adult AND get a Depro Shot or whatever they are called.

7 hours ago, IvySpice said:

I can't fathom how shocked, shocked the grandparents are that a third generation of unprepared teens is pregnant. You geniuses kept doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Get. Them. Long. Term. Birth. Control.

Tubal ligation?  I had one.....they work great!!!  LOL!

• Love 4

If I had ever dared to call my mother ‘stupid’ like Lexus did in this week’s episode, I would be posting here from the great beyond ...as a ghost.  At the very least I would not have been allowed to get my drivers license and I wouldn’t have access to a car to get one anyway. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 23
46 minutes ago, PityFree said:

If I had ever dared to call my mother ‘stupid’ like Lexus did in this week’s episode, I would be posting here from the great beyond ...as a ghost.  At the very least I would not have been allowed to get my drivers license and I wouldn’t have access to a car to get one anyway. 

Me too, my mom passed a few years ago and I still shudder at the thought of even raising my voice to her.  My dad? Oh hell no. Like no way, ever.   How do kids get away with swearing at their parents, too??

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

How do kids get away with swearing at their parents, too??

Because some of these folks are parents-in-name-only. Parenting is HARD. It requires that you love your child enough to sometimes let them hate you. It requires that you say NO. It requires that you let them FAIL. It requires you to NOT BE THEIR FRIEND.  It requires you to say "I didn't do this, you did this to yourself......" and it requires you to say "NOT IN MY HOUSE" and stick to it.  The parents of kids like that don't end up on craptastic reality TV shows, though.... but their kids end up on Top Chef Junior, or Project Runway Junior, or Jeopardy Junior.

• Love 18

I am so annoyed with that clip of Lexus crying "I have to have help mom". Help with what?! You choose to have a baby when you were a teenager. Learn how to take care of your daughter for heavens sake. She has such an easy life. She goes to school and does nothing else. Her mom pays for everything and Lexus does nothing to contribute. Millions of women work, take care of their children, pay billls and run a house. Lots of them even do it alone. And this girl can't even take care of a baby when she has nothing else to do? 

• Love 12

I know several teen moms who worked, went to school and took care of their kids with a lot less resources than these brats have.  How much more help does Lexus  need?  Say what you want about Kelsey, but she provides a clean home, we’ve seen her cook, she had decent transportation, she works, and everyone appears to wear clean,   presentable clothing.  And she helps with the baby.  If that isn’t help, I don’t know what is. But I guess because she actually expects Lexus to change some diapers and feed the baby from time to time, she isn’t doing enough ? The entitlement is real

• Love 17
16 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I live in Saskatchewan, where we joke that you can see your dog runaway for 3 days. Roads are long and straight and my province is small in terms of population for such a large land area. But in April a semi ran a stop sign and hit a bus carrying a hockey team killing 16 of the 29 on board. This accident was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, a small town hockey team headed to another small town on a long stretch of road. So no, she shouldn't be running a red light.

Hi Highhopes, I live in Saskatchewan also and that is exactly what I was thinking about as granny blew through the red light.  16 lives taken because of someone running a stop sign. 

• Love 5
On 9/9/2018 at 10:17 PM, ghoulina said:

Y'all, Diego ain't TRYING to be a guru, but damned if his profound wisdom about flies on poop didn't get to me. NOT. (Also, is he the poop???? And Bridget's the fly?)

Yes. He is most definitely the poop.

• Love 10

Again, I specifically said (twice) in my posts that this is assuming she wants her mom there.   I still stand by my post.  I don't think abandoning your child when they need you the most is going to make them suddenly come to a very adult and selfless realization, culminating in an instant  life altering decision to give up their baby for adoption.  And even if it did (which would never happen) congrats, you no longer have to be a grandma at a young age, but you've most certainly permanently damaged your relationship with your child in a cruel and manipulative way.  

Sometimes parents have to run the risk of permanently damaging their relationship with their child if that's the price of doing what they think will be best for that child.  As @TeapotWakeen said, "Parenting is HARD. It requires that you love your child enough to sometimes let them hate you."  It massively sucks.

Laura's parents might actually be doing her a service by being so freakishly distanced from their daughter. She and her boyfriend will have to figure things out on their own because grandma and grandpa don't hover (read: don't really seem to care that much)

I agree.  It's just so hypocritical, with the parents saying the teen pregnancy is the worst thing that could possibly happen, but then celebrating the joyous occasion.

I don't know what's driving Laura's parents--whether they really don't care, or whether they're forcing themselves not to become too involved.  It will be interesting to see the effects of that approach. 

On 9/10/2018 at 1:13 AM, KBrownie said:

I don't care, Kelsey, Jessica, Bridget, etc. are allowed to feel however they want about these situations that their idiot children put them in.  If their kid and their idiot partners don't like it, then they can pack their shit and try it on their own.  They don't have to grin and bear it if they don't feel like it just to appease the unappreciative and entitled boyfriends and their own useless daughters who are doing nothing to help. 

Actually, they do have to grin and bear it because if they come down hard, they run the risk of the kids move out and hating them forever.  Or keeping the baby away from them. 

The grandparents are hostages.  And it's a no-win situation because their lives are going to be hugely altered no matter what happens.  They can disrupt their lives and support the teenager and her baby, or they can kick the teenager out and have her hate them.  This is patently unfair.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:59 PM, gonecrackers said:

The grandparents have put McKayla on such a pedestal that it's obviously triggering Shannon - she's shown jealous behavior before. I have to point back to Tim & wife & wonder if perhaps Shannon was always a bit of a target for them growing up & beyond which caused many of her own issues, while McKayla is obviously spoiled (causing other issues for her). Given Shannon's immaturity & addictions there's no way this is a recipe for a good relationship between mother & daughter, & I don't see Tim & wife as totally blameless in this situation.

That doesn't mean Shannon shouldn't hold responsibility for her shit, or that the basement wasn't crappy, or that she wasn't downright using McKayla for income; all true. I'm just wondering about the dynamics of their relationship & how there's probably more to it from many years past that we'll never know or understand.

A few episodes ago, in a discussion among all of them, Shannon told McKayla, "They always liked you better than they like me."  Yep, there's a whole lot going on that we'll never be privy to.  I think Shannon is awful, but I don't think she became that way all on her own.

I don't know if Tim's an alcoholic, but he definitely looks far older than his 59 years.  Of course, simply having Shannon as a daughter is bound to age a person, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's plenty of alcohol in his life.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, Babysnark23 said:

Car er.....I mean Lexus- does anyone feel the urge to take scissors to those god awful greasy bangs! I cannot focus on anything else! They would annoy the hell out of me every time I blinked.

I'm just picturing myself being the drivers license examiner during the in-car portion, watching her drive while trying to see through those bangs.  I'd be tempted to flunk her for distracted driving.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I finally watched and Shannon can lose me with her yelling (with her baby in her lap) about how everyone is picking on her. She lost custody of two children ( I don't believe her version that she willingly decided to hand her kids over to her parents) and instead of doing everything under the sun to be a better parent and get them back,  she has TWO more kids. When McKayla said she knew she'd never see the $500 she gave Shannon again, she said something along the lines of 'she never pays  anyone back'. I wonder how much money  she's scammed out of her parents and friends over the years. She may not be using but she still behaves like an addict. When she's being called out on her behavior, she tries to divert the conversation to someone else. Her implying her dad has a problem with alcohol was such typical addict behavior and a low blow. He's worked his ass off to provide for HER kids (and her) and he has a beer when he gets home. She's a nasty, self centered bitch.

Lexus and her bangs need to grow the hell up. When she called her mom dumb while filling out the paperwork she neglected to finish, I wanted to wash her mouth out with soap (and her bangs while I was at it). So, if she gets her license, will she expect her mom to provide her with a car, insurance and gas? Kelsey is by no means a stellar parent. But, I can relate to where she's coming from. She works to provide a home, food and everything else and Lexus does nothing for herself or the child she chose to have. The kid is 10 months old and Lexus hasn't done anything about finding health insurance for her? I'm sure she spends at least 10 hours a day looking at the smart phone her mother pays for, she can do some research about how to insure her child. Or, meth face Shaeden can look into insuring his child when he's sitting in his probation officer's office waiting to check in.

In the preview for next week, how many people are in the room with Emily???  It looks like everyone from both families are in there. Our daughter had our first grandchild in May and only two people were allowed to be with her during labor, it was the hospital's policy. She chose her husband and me and threatened anyone else with death if they tried to sneak in.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, snarky snarkerson said:

But why is it up to her to decide what is “special” for someone else? For me, not having a shower is special, because I despise them. Didn’t have a bridal shower, wouldn’t have a baby shower if I were interested in kids - I politely declined when someone offered to throw one. Some people think having a co-ed shower is nice/special. The mom is just as much of a control freak as she claims Max is.

Exactly. She's all, "Well *I* didn't have a man at my shower until my 3rd shower". So what? Is Chloe supposed to do everything exactly as you did? Because it's not like you have the greatest track record....

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

A few episodes ago, in a discussion among all of them, Shannon told McKayla, "They always liked you better than they like me."  Yep, there's a whole lot going on that we'll never be privy to.  I think Shannon is awful, but I don't think she became that way all on her own.

Shannon might have Borderline Personality Disorder. My sister does and she is constantly the victim. Her perception of what happens is always vastly different from everyone else's. Just because Shannon feels like her parents favor McKayla, that doesn't mean they really do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Everyone on this show is a mess. I feel so sane watching it (but only for an hour). Shannon reminds me of my late SIL, everything was always about her, yet she was never tough enough to stand up on her own and get her own apartment or even a  job.

Everything Diego says and does makes me want to hurt him. Good luck on raising a kid with the people you HATE and readily admit it on TV.

• Love 7

And now McKayla is pregnant with #2.  Someone had a screencap of her FB bio saying #2 EDD 2019.  I can't with this bitch.  I'll tell you, I'd have never come home with baby #1 at 16, my mom would have knocked my head...and my uterus clear into Utah, much less pregnant with 2 at 17.  They enable her wayyyy too much.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Actually, they do have to grin and bear it because if they come down hard, they run the risk of the kids move out and hating them forever.  Or keeping the baby away from them. 

Then so be it. They have absolutely no right to make anyone unhappy or miserable in their own home that they are paying for.  You are assuming that these idiots are just such special snowflakes that the parents are at their mercy and can do what they want with the threat of hating the parent and taking away the grandkid?  No way.  If any of these idiots want to roll the dice on emotionally blackmailing their parents, they can walk.  Nevermind, they have nothing with which to leverage in the first place.  They have nowhere to go and nothing to finance providing for their child.  Let the parents call them on that threat lol.  What can they possibly do?  Sure, they could figure it out, but these idiots are too lazy, dumb, and entitled to do so.  They'd back down in an instant.  Treating them like they have any power is the reason they behave like they do in the first place.  

And it's not every parent's dream to be a grandparent, so threatening in that regard may not have any impact.

And now McKayla is pregnant with #2.  Someone had a screencap of her FB bio saying #2 EDD 2019.  I can't with this bitch.  I'll tell you, I'd have never come home with baby #1 at 16, my mom would have knocked my head...and my uterus clear into Utah, much less pregnant with 2 at 17.  They enable her wayyyy too much

Lol.  I can't wait to see how they, Tim, Caelan, Shelley, and grandma spin this to be Shannon's fault like everything else wrong in McKayla's life.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, PityFree said:

And other drivers and innocent pedestrians. I am furious, just furious that she took that kind of a chance.  The mom is a moron.

Also, no one wants you around Max. You are creepy and weird and odd. Take a hint.

It was her grandmother, I'm pretty sure (they're yet another family full of women who can't seem to grasp how NOT to get pregnant as teenagers.)  

I actually felt bad for Max, this episode.  Chloe's mom is a selfish bitch.  If the shower is for CHLOE then CHLOE should be able to have whoever she wants there.  I think her mom is a control freak and her not wanting Max there is just because SHE doesn't like him (because apparently, whenever a teenage girl gets pregnant, it's entirely the boy's fault.)  When she said her own shower was co-ed, I almost spit out my drink.  She's so full of shit.  

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, Ivylady said:

Shannon still thinks like an addict. She's very selfish in her thoughts and actions, while deflecting blame on others. McKayla may be annoying, but she's 17. Shannon is 37 with the mentality of a teenager. It's really sad to watch. 

I thought it was concerning that her baby she had on her lap didn't even flinch during Shannon's outburst.  Leads me to think that happens quite a bit at home.  And I didn't know she'd been on Suboxone for 8 YEARS.  That's an exceptionally long time for opiate maintenance.  I can't get over the fact that she intentionally got pregnant while being on it, knowing it's harmful for the fetus.  She really is a selfish bitch.

• Love 15
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Babysnark23 said:

Car er.....I mean Lexus- does anyone feel the urge to take scissors to those god awful greasy bangs! I cannot focus on anything else! They would annoy the hell out of me every time I blinked. 

I really like Grandpa being in Stage 5 Clinger’s  corner though about his wanting to be involved! 

I really hope she's mortified when she watches this back.  I mean, she full on had to tilt her head back to SEE though that horror show she calls bangs.  That with the three day old greasy make-up was too much.   She looked like a pretty girl giving her very best effort to look as nasty as possible. 

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:11 AM, ghoulina said:

I felt like once HER parents (the grandparents) showed up, she suddenly changed her tune. And she ended up gaslighting her daughter. 

Oh, and apparently the rule is that men can't come to the baby shower until it's the 3rd one and you're over it. Pay attention, Max!

FOR REALS.   When Lexus was openly mocking Kelsey IN FRONT OF PRODUCTION, ON CAMERA, Kelsey just gave the producer a look like "see what I deal with?"  WTF?  If I ever pulled shit like that with my mother I wouldn't be here snarking on this show with you all right now.  Lexus is the monster Kelsey created.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I thought it was concerning that her baby she had on her lap didn't even flinch during Shannon's outburst.  Leads me to think that happens quite a bit at home.  And I didn't know she'd been on Suboxone for 8 YEARS.  That's an exceptionally long time for opiate maintenance.  I can't get over the fact that she intentionally got pregnant while being on it, knowing it's harmful for the fetus.  She really is a selfish bitch.

I didn't realize she was on it that long. That just tells me she never dealt with the root of her addiction. She basically swapped one drug for another. She needs therapy, not more kids that her parents might end up raising if things go wrong. 

• Love 6